[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/3/ - 3DCG

View post   

File: 122 KB, 653x507, bob.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
772448 No.772448 [Reply] [Original]

I'm pretty good with computers, I always figure things out. But I have a condition called aphantasia, which means i have a complete lack of creativity and inability to visualize things in my head. Im starting to get it back now, but I'm not sure what are some good ideas for early modelling

I'm thinking:
>Make a layout of my house, furniture is pretty simple and i have some visual memory of my house because im constantly exposed to it
>Make a few guns or maybe a grenade or some crates or a barrel or typical assets you'd see in a game like counter strike

what are your ideas for simple beginner models?

Do most people just start by modelling things they have IRL? i think i could model my computer, my laptop, my phone, a hairbrush, until i get my creativity going again

No im not an NPC im an mkultra victim thats why i have it

I tried to read the sticky, but the person who made the readme apparently got their account suspended

also, how do i get my creative muscles going?
does anybody else with aphantasia do 3D modelling? how do you get by? references?
how do you get those creative muscles and visual imaging skills going? because obviously in the future im gonna have to imagine.

should i just recreate models from my favourite videogames? i know what all that shit looks like, and its already in 3D my memory of old 2000s PC game models is pretty good i can visualize them

also, is it easy to make 90s looking shit in blender? shaders that look like picrel's rendering?

>> No.772454

what are the shaders that people used in the 90s

i know blimm is one of them? blimm? glenn?

Basically, i just wanna know what shaders will make me be able to make the sorta cool shit you would see in late 90s pre-rendered game cutscenes and tech demos during the 90s, or the kind of shit nintendo did for their promotional material for their 90s games

think donkey kong country or the prerendered cover for mario kart 64, or super mario 64
those kind of graphics

or duke nukem 3D's end screen and cutscenes

you know the type of rendering im talking about?

ah, TOY STORY
toy story's rendering is so fucking 90s its unreal. I love that kind of graphics style

what are the kind of shaders used for toy story? the REALLY 90s looking ass basic stuff

>> No.772458

>>772448
>I'm pretty good with computers
stopped reading there as I know THAT kind of people

>> No.772464

>>772454
>Toy Story
Well, that incarnation of RenderMan was already pretty much freely programmable when it came to shaders.

>> No.772465

Modelling stuff in your house is a great beginner’s practice. You have the stuff available for you to measure, rotate, take photos of, etc. and should give you a good idea of scale. Modelilng stuff from video games is also good, and can give you some practice with different art styles. For now, just do what seems simple and fun as it is just practice.
As for creativity, there are solutions for people who struggle with art or writer’s block. There are lots of idea generator websites for example. Or you could do something like write down things that you like on a piece of paper, anything, and then try to string some ideas together. Or make an idea collage using Google Images and a paint program filled with stuff you like and expand from there. Don’t worry too much about creativity though; most people model what someone else pays them to model.

>> No.772476

>>772465
thanks so much. Good post, everything i needed. Oh I want to get creative, do my own shit
>>772458
lol, no not that kind. i never need tech support for shit i just work it out. that wasnt a brag, it was a point of reference.

>> No.772498
File: 237 KB, 525x402, prodt1340leftangle.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

https://www.phantomhighspeed.com/-/media/project/ameteksxa/visionresearch/documents/mechdraw/tseries/mecht1340.pdf?download=1

Download this technical drawing for the T1340 High Speed camera. It's got all the precise measurements in all 3 dimensions.