[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/3/ - 3DCG

View post   

File: 387 KB, 1920x800, astero-20200521.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
772475 No.772475 [Reply] [Original]

Was this made with blender? (or any engine really)

I'm completely new to blender and would like to know if I could make something like this someday w/ blender

>> No.772480

You can definitely make that with Blender, or for that matter Maya, 3DS Max, Lightwave, Modo, 3D Coat, Zbrush, Houdini, C4D and so on.

Before you chose one do some serious research on You Tube. What you want to do now might not be what you'll want down the line. Also research the workflows. There's zillions of artists with videos showing them work on projects while they talk about what they're doing.

Me? I started with Maya, played around with various programs (still do) worked with ZBrush and mostly work with 3D Coat which I find to be the easiest to use, the best interface. 3 or 4 years ago I'd say skip Blender but it's now excellent and you'll have a good time with it. Lots of improvements there.

>> No.772483

>>772480
thank you so much! You've given me some pretty valuable information to consider

>> No.772492

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MRonzqYJgw