[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 58 KB, 696x498, 2018_2img19_Feb_2018_PTI2_19_2018_000037B-e1519033312891-696x498.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
10941040 No.10941040 [Reply] [Original]

I sent an Interac e-transfer to someone on Paxful last evening after taking a break for a couple days. Find out there is a temporary block on the e-transfer placed by Interac for some reason. I call into my bank to get it unblocked. Wait 20 minutes on hold. Finally get someone. He says he will get the e-transfer unblocked. Please hold. So I'm waiting, waiting.

5-10 minutes of being on hold I notice that I am signed out of my online banking and I can't sign back in. I immediately see where this is going. Then after waiting 15+ minutes on hold, they hang up on me. WTF! So I know exactly what's going on now. I call in, wait another 20 minutes, saying my bank account is frozen, I can't login. They investigate. Few minutes later they told me RBC's security team restricted my account due to “unusual activity”.

I have to go into the branch with two pieces of ID. But today is a holiday (Labour Day). So I have to wait until Tuesday. And been without my account since last evening.

Fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck. lol. I had $12,500 in there. And i'm waiting for another <$10k from Kraken and another $9k from QuadrigaCX to that same bank account. I have pending withdrawals to 3 other bank accounts so it couldn't be helped really. Luckily I didn't keep all my money in one bank account and that $12,500 was earmarked just for buying crypto. If I knew they were going to pull this bullshit, i wouldn't have transferred $10k of my own money from another bank account to this bank account (it's almost like they were waiting for me to top up my bank account before freezing me).

And I wouldn't have made any withdrawal requests from exchanges to this bank account. I also have money on a prepaid CC and my crypto wallets of course so I won't starve thankfully.

>> No.10941052

I have now opened tickets with those two crypto exchanges to cancel my bank transfers ASAP because my bank account is frozen. rofl. Kraken told me it's too late to cancel. I am pleading with them to talk to their payment processor to cancel that shit ASAP. Lazy fucks. Worst case scenario this fucking bank might decide to freeze my $12,500 for awhile and also the $19k I'm expecting from exchange withdrawals (so we're talking freezing potentially $31,500).

Seriously what the fuck is this shit? They're going after crypto buyers for sure. I bought about $20k+/month with this account (20-21 e-transfers/month). I only take bank transfers from exchanges. I only accept prepaids or cash OTC. I had another bank account terminated for buying crypto but they never pulled this psycho freezing bullshit on me. They froze my debit card a couple times and had me call in to verify my identity and unfroze me. They never drag me into a branch before. I've never went to the branch before to show ID.

Hopefully they unfreeze my account upon showing my ID and I'll be on my merry way. But I'm afraid they're going to pull some AML bullshit on me and freeze my money for a prolonged period of time. Or even keep my money.

I pay my $10.95/month for unlimited transactions. Fuck this shit. They're doing this because they probably figure I trade crypto and they want to make an example out of people who invest/trade crypto. Because crypto is eating their lunch. A lot of millennials are passing over the investment products put forward by banks (the bank's investment division, trading platforms that the bank owns, Mutual Funds, RRSPs, TFSAs, GICs, etc.) in favour of crypto. So they hide behind KYC/AML regulations as a way to punish people for investing in crypto.

>> No.10941055

Keeping your money in a bank is worse than kerping it on an exchange.

>> No.10941065

>>10941055
>Keeping your money in a bank is worse than kerping it on an exchange.
Agreed. lmao. Holy motherfuck. I could have up to $31,500 frozen when it's all said and done. I'm worried they are going to freeze my money for a prolonged period or just flat out keep my money.

>> No.10941172

>>10941052
watch out you don't get arrested for illegal money transmission

>> No.10941237

>>10941172
idk anything about cucknadian laws but it doesnt seem like he is doing anything illegal

>> No.10941248
File: 43 KB, 335x345, 1382070403368.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10941040
>>10941052
lmao the goyim think they can escape the financial system

Now you understand the radical bitcoin maximalists, total destruction and replacement of the financial system is the only way you can truly "cash out"

>> No.10941256

>>10941065
I live in Tdot, recently was staying at this place with this arab millionaire couple. She had 50k in the bank acc that she didn't touch for some amount of years and they closed it on her for inactivity.

>> No.10941269

>>10941237
selling bitcoin more than the occasional time requires you to be licensed and registered

>> No.10941283

Bruh you're scaring me LOL I'm with RBC and I e transfered 3.5k to NDAX exchange and they froze my transfer and I had to call to authorize it. The second transfer went thru instantly tho so hopefully I'm fine

>> No.10941306

>>10941040
RBC blocked quikbt and canadianbitcoins.

I discovered ndax.io they are based out of calgary. Funny thing is RBC has them listed on etransfer as a trusted account so deposits are automatic.

You can buy BTC/ETH/XRP there. withdrawals are fast too.

ref CadAnonTrader
mods please no ban

>> No.10941321

>>10941269
> selling bitcoin more than the occasional time requires you to be licensed and registered

is this canadian law?

>> No.10941329

>>10941283
>Bruh you're scaring me LOL I'm with RBC and I e transfered 3.5k to NDAX exchange and they froze my transfer and I had to call to authorize it. The second transfer went thru instantly tho so hopefully I'm fine
Some time ago (I'm not sure when exactly. Probably July or maybe June) I had to call in to authorize an Interac e-transfer and then it went through. And all my e-transfers went through ok after that. But last night there was a temporary block and this time instead of unblocking it, they just FROZE MY ENTIRE BANK ACCOUNT. WTF.
If I want to buy $20k+ worth of crypto a month, this is my God given right. WTF is this shit. I have saved up a shit load of money from wage cucking hard for the man. And now I want to invest that filthy fiat into crypto. That is my right.

>> No.10941335

Oh yeah I am OP. My IP changed. Sorry for any confusion.

>> No.10941337

>>10941306
Thank you anon, you deserve the 4chan pass.

>> No.10941396

>>10941329
Because the jews don't want you to be free; you're cutting into their /biz/. My advice is, when you cash out, just cash out into TUSD and put the tokens in your eth wallet and when you want to sell just swap it for BTC and sell OTC.

>> No.10941541

>>10941396
>Because the jews don't want you to be free; you're cutting into their /biz/. My advice is, when you cash out, just cash out into TUSD and put the tokens in your eth wallet and when you want to sell just swap it for BTC and sell OTC.
My crypto buys with this bank were all OTC. On platforms like Localbitcoins, Paxful, etc. But I was buying with e-transfers and bank transfers. If you want to avoid the banking bullshit, you need to stick to cash trades OTC. But I also don't want some dude to follow me home and rob me of all my cash and crypto. But it's just the way it is man I guess. FREEDOM or SECURITY. You can not have both.

If you want to "secure" your money in a bank (and it's not always secure if the bankers decide to just freeze your fucking money), the bankers don't allow you freedom. If you choose freedom, you are responsible for protecting your own money. So if some BBC with a gun comes to your home to steal your cash and crypto, you have to defend your life, liberty and property. There are advantages and disadvantages to both sides.

At this point I think I'd rather choose death than slavery to the bankers. So I might as well get a safe and a shotgun and try to protect my property as best as I can (note: safes can be destroyed so safe is not 100% theft proof).
My dad is pleading with me to quit crypto trading and go back to wage cucking. Because I've already been banned by two banks. If I keep getting banned by more and more banks, I'll never be able to get a mortgage.

But at this point I basically just want to fuck off to a cabin in the woods somewhere and forget about this mortgage rat race bullshit. What is the meaning of all of this city cuck lyfe shit? Toronto is a shit hole. i want to build a nest in Northern Ontario where I can rest and enjoy the beauty and wilderness and escape from mortgages, landlords and city bullshit.

>> No.10941654

>>10941541
Come to Alberta Friend. Plenty of places where you can go innawoods.

We loves funs and trucks. I work in oil and gas so make pretty gud cake to plow into crypto. I have a beautiful gf that I plan to breed with. Also if Trump ever decides to annex a Canadian Province I hope its Alberta and BC.

>> No.10941679

>>10941541
Ohh and I was from Toronto. Spent my 20's wagecuking for minimum slavewage downtown. Was a buswanker, total loser.

Packed my stuff, bought a $2k suv and drove west with my last dollar. That was 5 years ago. No regerts fellow leaf. Don't sell your soul to Toronto that place will end you.

>> No.10941753

>>10941040
thanks for the refreshing /thread

hope everything works out and they unfreeze your account. you might have to prove your crypto trades. Also, you will get hit hard by the tax man after this is all said and done

>> No.10941765

>>10941753
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0zaebtU-CA

>> No.10941802

>>10941329
It's actually not your right. That's the funny part. "Your" money isn't really yours when you put it in a bank account.

>> No.10941823

>>10941541
>But at this point I basically just want to fuck off to a cabin in the woods somewhere and forget about this mortgage rat race bullshit. What is the meaning of all of this city cuck lyfe shit? Toronto is a shit hole. i want to build a nest in Northern Ontario where I can rest and enjoy the beauty and wilderness and escape from mortgages, landlords and city bullshit.
I'm from Toronto myself, and that's my long-term plan. I have a cottage up north of Muskoka and going there ever summer since I was a kid has given me a taste of what life is meant to be. This city is slowly rotting my soul away.

>> No.10942348

>>10941802
>It's actually not your right. That's the funny part. "Your" money isn't really yours when you put it in a bank account.
Sad but true.
I am really nervous about my meeting with RBC tomorrow. Fuck. lol. I'm worried they're going to accuse me of money laundering and shit just because I bought crypto. I hear that worse case scenario they're going to close my account and send me a cheque in the mail for my bank balance. Or give me 45-60 days notice of bank account termination and tell me to withdraw all my shit and fuck off. Best case scenario, they just want me to verify my identity with two pieces of ID in branch and verbally authorise the transactions I made before unfreezing my account.

>> No.10942475

Guys, we have to drive the message home to these fucking banks.
Sooner or later they will have to face reality and provide OTC crypto products.
Every time I'm in there, I mention to anyone who will listen if I can buy or sell any of my Bitcones.

>> No.10942555

>>10941040
slowly but surely the banks are banning transactions from crypto related sites. most likely they want to control these things and launch their own trading platforms. so far I think tangerine and CIBC are still okay with crypto (for now)

>> No.10942603

Use a credit union

>> No.10942620

>>10942555
no probs with scotia/coinsquare here

>> No.10942701

>>10942620
Scotia and TD are good with crypto. Its those (((bankers))) at CIBC and RBC that are scared merchants.

But rbc works with ndax.io for now. Id they (((shut it down))) I am closing all my shit with them and moving over to scotiabank

>> No.10943130

>>10942555
>CIBC are still okay with crypto (for now)
CIBC terminated my bank account for doing the same shit actually. They mailed me a termination letter in May. Gave me 2 months notice. Closed my account in July. I am OP btw

>> No.10943176

>>10942603
>Use a credit union
Are credit unions any less hostile to crypto? Crypto is eating their lunch too if you think about it. Chequing and basic savings accounts are low-margin services. Banks make their moolah from "investment" products. That's why they hate crypto. Crypto isn't giving the banks any real competition in the payment processor end. Since vendor adoption is very poor. Most people use credit/debit cards for day-to-day transactions. But crypto is eating their lunch in the investment sector. Lots of millennials are foregoing mutual funds (boomer-tier shit), stock brokers (boomer-tier shit), RRSPs (boomers), GIC (boomers), mortgages (boomer scam), TFSAs (millennials are more likely to embrace these but they charge you a fee if you migrate from one bank to another. So you can't shop around for a better deal unless you pay a penalty.), etc. in favor of crypto.

>> No.10943219

>>10942701
>Scotia and TD are good with crypto.
I have a TD bank account. But I was with them forever. My TD account is banned from e-transfer because some Russian scammer sent me a fraudulent e-transfer on LBC a couple years back. They didn't terminate my bank account thankfully. Probably because I'm a long time customer. So I can't use that to send or receive e-transfers.

I could open a Scotiabank account. But I'm going to be more conservative and open like a basic chequing account instead of unlimited (what's the point of having an unlimited account if they freak the fuck out over you buying $20k worth of crypto a month?) and do like maybe 12 e-transfers/month instead of fucking 20.

>> No.10943236

>>10943130
Damn sorry dude. Just speaking from my experience, I've been sending money from quadriga to cibc, a few transactions from January this year. I've had my account since I was a kid and have a credit card with them so they might not want to shut me down.

>> No.10943237

My dad has warned me not to burn my bridge with TD (if they will even unban me from Interac e-transfer in the first place. lol) because I need at least one big 5 bank for a mortgage in the future. But I've given up on the idea of getting a mortgage in The Greater Toronto Area. I'm in my thirties and the cost of housing is insane. I also live a MGTOW lifestyle. I would rather go live innawoods than be a slave to the bankers. Going back to wage cucking and getting a mortgage or a landlord is basically like letting them win.

>> No.10943240
File: 23 KB, 260x364, 873467823564236527.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10941040
I've got zero problems with Desjardins.

Based Alphonse.

>> No.10943251

>>10943236
>Damn sorry dude. Just speaking from my experience, I've been sending money from quadriga to cibc, a few transactions from January this year. I've had my account since I was a kid and have a credit card with them so they might not want to shut me down.
Yea that's the thing, I only ever had a CIBC chequing account (I did have a Simplii savings account but that account was very inactive and empty). No credit card. No Investors Edge. No Mutual Funds. No RRSPs. No GICs. No stock broker. Not even a savings account. Nothing just a chequing account. And all I did with it was buy crypto. I paid like one bill with it.

>> No.10943260

>>10941040
Use a crypto ATM

>> No.10943264

I think banks hate customers like me who don't want a mortgage, don't want a credit card (I do have one credit card from when i was a teenager and that's it), don't want a stock broker, don't want a RRSP, don't want a market-tied TFSA, don't want to use their investment or trading platforms, etc. They see people like me investing in crypto instead and only ever using their chequing and basic savings services. And hate our guts.

>> No.10943283

>>10941052
>Seriously what the fuck is this shit?

Thats what happens when the whole country is controlled by five (((banks))) that want their customers on a perpetual leash.

>> No.10943290

>>10943260
>Use a crypto ATM
I wonder how crypto ATM operators manage to make their business work. They buy crypto from exchanges and sell for cash at their ATMs. What do they do with all the cash? ATM operators are a low margin business. They can't just create shell companies and launder the money like drug dealers do.

>> No.10943303

>>10943290
ATMs are gigantic money laundering outfits anon. You have to put cash into the machine, where do you think that money comes from? Also, if someone withdraws dirty cash then what happens with it?

>> No.10943315

Can anyone confirm if credit unions are less hostile to crypto withdrawals/deposits?

>> No.10943391

>>10941040
Blockchain is traceable, they found out about everything bro. Shoulda used monero.

>> No.10943423

>>10943303
>ATMs are gigantic money laundering outfits anon. You have to put cash into the machine, where do you think that money comes from? Also, if someone withdraws dirty cash then what happens with it?
Oh I know that criminals buy btc/eth/ltc/etc. with dirty cash at these machines. Thing is what do the ATM operators do with all that cash they get from selling crypto? They sell BTC at far lower margins than drug dealers sell drugs. So you can't just launder that dirty cash. If an ATM operator deposits that cash in a bank account, TERMINATED. TERMINATED. They need to do something with that cash. Unless they run flexepins bought with cash on Coinsquare

>> No.10943435

I tried buying BTC with flexepin on Coinsquare and it didn't work btw. Flexepin was working great on their old classic site but hasn't been working for me on their new site. Maybe it's just me and flexepin is how ATM operators launder their dirty cash.

>> No.10943466

What Drug Dealers like to do (especially in Europe) is buy $250 PaySafeCards with dirty cash. They hit up a bunch of different c-stores instead of buying them from all at one place. Because a shop keep isn't supposed to sell PSCs beyond a certain daily limit. Or they're not supposed to sell them if they suspect you are a money launder. And what these criminals do is gambling online playing slots. And then withdraw the money eventually. But you need to have a certain x playthrough before the online gambling sites allow you to withdraw. So if you want to launder money through gambling, you have to give a certain percentage to the house to keep them happy. BTC is sold at what percent at ATMs? 10%? That's not a high enough margin to launder cash. Drug dealers operate at fucking +100% margin. They sell dope for double what it costs.

>> No.10943608

I don't like this thread, it really feels like oppression of the people.
At least in my country (Switzerland) I still can use my bank account as I see fit. But for how long?

>> No.10943752

Get an ak47 and kill everyone in the bank

>> No.10943856

>>10943752
>Get an ak47 and kill everyone in the bank
AK47's are banned in Cuckada. Only criminals and Jihadi terrorists have AK47s here. It's funny how liberals want to de-arm the population. Leaving only the government thugs and the lumpen thugs (criminals and terrorists) heavily armed while everyone else is a sitting duck.

>> No.10943866

Meanwhile what has the government actually done to benefit the working class in Canada? Nothing. So why do bleeding heart liberals want to take away our guns? The police don't offer us any sort of protection. The government is constantly fucking us over. The rich get richer and the poor get poorer. The police are only there to protect the bourgeoisie. Karl Marx himself said the working class must arm themselves. But modern leftists want to take away our guns. Why? With the way the government is fucking us, the working class should want to take up arms to keep the government in check...