[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 76 KB, 600x800, SKY-Wallet-Thumb.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
12604692 No.12604692 [Reply] [Original]

Tokens are crypto projects that launch on somebody else’s blockchain—for example ERC20 tokens on the Ethereum blockchain or NEP-5 tokens on the NEO blockchain. It requires absolutely no blockchain expertise to create a token. Anyone can do it, in just a few minutes.

Forks are essentially copies of another blockchain, with a new name, and either a slight modification to the code or sometimes no significant changes at all. Again, it takes very little skill to fork a blockchain and to promote it along with a convincing-looking white paper.

New forks and tokens pop up every day, and often the creators/developers are anonymous, which further increases the probability that these projects are scams.

In contrast, the projects least likely to be scams are those that demonstrate these characteristics:

1. Has developed its own blockchain
2. Has a known and visible team
3. Has established longevity
4. Has a working product

Article continues here: https://medium.com/@macrobusinesstv/how-to-identify-a-cryptocurrency-scam-and-why-skycoin-is-the-most-genuine-blockchain-project-in-54671b078229

>> No.12604739

>>12604692
Scams are companies that try to sell neets useless hardware before the software is even remotely finished.

There is no consensus algorithm for Skycoin. Obelisk is vapourware and will never be released. Without consensus it’s a centralised scam and they’re selling you chinese made rubbish that doesn’t do anything.

>> No.12604817

How bout BAT

>> No.12604847
File: 968 KB, 2368x1762, Skycoin-Photo-Grid-Black.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>12604739
Consensus is secured by central masternodes until release of Obelisk. It is a very reliable solution used by numerous crypto projects.

Every wallet contains a copy of the blockchain, and every node validates transactions. The masternodes just put the transactions into a block and sign them.

There is less concern about centralization in the case of Skycoin because there is no block reward in the protocol.

This is the code for the Fiber blockchain and visor that Skycoin uses:

https://github.com/skycoin/skycoin/blob/develop/src/visor/blockchain.go
https://github.com/skycoin/skycoin/blob/develop/src/visor/visor.go

A blockchain is an immutable data structure, and you can see that the blockchain is distributed to nodes that connect to each other peer-to-peer.

If the blockchains on each node are synchronized, a consensus exists regarding the state of the blockchain. Being an immutable data structure, it is not possible for even a centralized validator node to alter the transaction history without it being very obvious what has occurred.

And even if Obelisk was never released (it will be, this year) Skycoin could still run quite successfully on a masternode system forever (as many other blockchain projects do) and this wouldn't negatively impact Skywire or CX or the hardware wallets or Fiber or any other part of this massive project.

>> No.12604874

>>12604692

Skycoin is centralized vaporware that is running off of one server in mainland China. One day you will find out that I am telling the truth. Screencap this.

>> No.12604877

>>12604847
Consensus is ‘secured’ by a single master node literally on synths laptop. You’re not fooling anyone.

For any low IQ anons reading this thread and thinking of buying into this scam DO NOT buy until there is absolute proof that Obelisk has been released is and is fully working. It never will be released though. This shitcoin scam is headed to zero.

>> No.12604902
File: 11 KB, 229x221, 3E15A653-135C-455A-89F0-C7614FCCDCAD.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>12604817
>muh browser plugin token

>> No.12604925

A fairly elaborate scam but an obvious scam nonetheless. No one is buying your worthless bags rajesh

>> No.12604939

>>12604692
LINK THE CHINESE MAFIA STORY NEXT THREAD LMAO

>> No.12605053
File: 2.03 MB, 1600x1068, Skycoin-iOS-Wallet.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Some of Skycoin’s working products are listed below.

1. Skycoin—a lightning fast currency, with free transactions, and privacy/anonymity via the CoinJoin protocol

2. Software wallets—elegantly designed desktop/mobile wallets for Windows, Mac, Linux, iOS and Android

3. Hardware wallets—highly secure, and available at a fraction of the price of competing Trezor/Ledger/KeepKey models

4. Skyminers—can be purchased from Skycoin or built DIY, with almost 10,000 nodes already deployed globally

5. Coin Hours—earned by holding Skycoin in a wallet, and used to purchase services on the Skycoin ecosystem

6. Skycoin CX—a comprehensive programming language for creating games, apps and smart contracts

7. Skycoin Fiber—a platform for launching ICOs whereby each project is given its own dedicated blockchain

8. Skywire—a global decentralized peer-to-peer mesh network of interconnected Skyminer hardware nodes

9. Antennas—due for release in Q1 2019, enabling Skywire nodes to connect wirelessly and bypass ISPs

10. Online stores—making it easy for users to purchase Skycoin hardware and Skycoin-branded merchandise

11. KittyCash—a blockchain collectibles game that improves upon Ethereum’s infamous CryptoKitties game

>> No.12605065

>>12604877
> Consensus is ‘secured’ by a single master node literally on synths laptop

I heard the blockchain is run on an old wooden abacus in Synths bedroom?

>> No.12605090
File: 986 KB, 2372x1766, Skycoin-Photo-Grid.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>12604874
>Skycoin is centralized vaporware that is running off of one server in mainland China. One day you will find out that I am telling the truth. Screencap this.
Screencap your boring fud, yeah sure. Vaporware kek. I'm literally posting over Skywire VPN/proxy using my Skyminer right now.

>> No.12605098
File: 107 KB, 1200x816, Skywire-Europe.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Skycoin’s first flagship application, Skywire, moves from testnet to mainnet this quarter, after which the number of deployed Skyminer nodes is expected to grow from thousands, to hundreds of thousand, and then to millions within a few years. Second generation plug-and-play Skyminers are in development, which will further accelerate adoption. Skyminer nodes are rewarded with payments in Skycoin and Coin Hours for providing bandwidth, storage, and computing power to other users of the Skywire network. Skywire also functions as a fast and secure VPN/proxy service.

But Skywire is just one of the many applications running on the Skycoin ecosystem.

As the year progresses, we will see more and more games and apps being developed and released on Skycoin CX, which also transitions to mainnet this quarter (meaning full integration of CX with the Skycoin blockchain). Several basic games have already been developed, but adoption will increase even more rapidly following the recent publication of books on CX development, and with CX education courses becoming available in colleges.

Not content with two mainnets, Skycoin is going for the hat trick. The Skycoin blockchain is currently running on protected masternodes, and the public launch of Skycoin’s groundbreaking consensus algorithm, Obelisk, will round out this years ‘triple mainnet’ for the Skycoin project. Obelisk makes Proof of Work and Proof of Stake consensus algorithms obsolete, and is the biggest breakthrough in blockchain consensus for the past decade.

Additionally, with the upcoming release of the eagerly awaited Skywire antennas, Skycoin’s prominence in the non-crypto world will explode as users start to install these highly visible antennas on their rooftops. Local businesses are expected to spring up, helping to install Skyminers and antennas as residents rush to access this new free decentralized Internet service, and say goodbye to their overpriced and unreliable legacy ISPs.

>> No.12605113

>>12605090
There’s nothing new about a vpn Suso. You can download them for free. Opera has a built in one in their browser. No need to pay $2000 for a box of blinking lights.

>> No.12605149

>>12604874
>>12604877
>https://github.com/skycoin/skycoin/blob/develop/src/visor/blockchain.go
>https://github.com/skycoin/skycoin/blob/develop/src/visor/visor.go
>For any low IQ anons reading this thread
Skycoin is actually not what is described in the code above, as you cannot read code anyway, we are telling you what the code says because you are low IQ anons reading this thread and believing us about how Skycoin is a lotus 123 spreadsheet running on a dilapidated Compaq portable 256 in a flooded Shanghai basement.

>> No.12605164
File: 107 KB, 1126x750, SKywire-Antenna.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>12605113
A fast and free VPN/proxy is just one of the working features of Skywire during testnet.

With the upcoming release of the eagerly awaited Skywire antennas, Skycoin’s prominence in the non-crypto world will explode as users start to install these highly visible antennas on their rooftops. Local businesses are expected to spring up, helping to install Skyminers and antennas as residents rush to access this new free decentralized Internet service, and say goodbye to their overpriced and unreliable legacy ISPs.

Skyminers and antennas are designed in a modular fashion, so they can be built by anyone, using readily available low-cost components. This ensures that even the poorest and most remote villages on earth can build the equipment necessary to join the world’s first global decentralized peer-to-peer mesh network. Skywire will bring cheap Internet access to parts of the world with little or no traditional communications infrastructure.

With mass adoption of Skywire, the Coin Hours economy will also take off. Coin Hours are earned at the rate of one Coin Hour per hour for every Skycoin held in a wallet. They are also earned by running a Skyminer node. A Coin Hours Bank and Coin Hours Exchange are due to launch this quarter, which will enable Coin Hours to be saved or traded for more Skycoin. An entire working economy will emerge around Coin Hours, with this currency being used to pay for resources on the Skywire network, pay for services within Skycoin games and apps, and even pay for real-world goods and services. Coin Hours will also be listed on mainstream cryptocurrency exchanges.

>> No.12605167

>>12605113
*Sudo

>> No.12605180

>>12605098
>>12605164
Imagine actually reading any of this kek

>> No.12605189

>>12605090

If you're posting pictures of John McAfee shilling your coin as a point of pride, you know you're in trouble.

>> No.12605205

Why the holy fucking fuck is this confirmed scam token not censored here yet? There’s at least one post every fucking day about skyscam. Anyone who’s not a brainlet would be buying SUB or HOLO instead.

>> No.12605226
File: 757 KB, 3190x1770, McAfee-2020-Quote-06-BodiesAndMinds.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>12605189
John McAfee, the famous blockchain advocate who is running to become the next United States president, has selected Skycoin as his official technology partner. We can expect to see the merits of Skywire—freedom, decentralization and net neutrality—promoted heavily during his “McAfee2020” election campaign.

John McAfee isn’t the only big name to recognize Skycoin’s potential. Cryptocurrency exchange Binance lists Skycoin as one of their Gold Label projects, and has also established a strategic cooperation agreement with the Skycoin project. Furthermore, Skycoin technology has been recognized by the United Nations as a potential solution to world poverty, inequality and hunger.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zc12ZPbMLE

>> No.12605244
File: 941 KB, 2776x1694, Skycoin-NPCs.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

NPCs hate Skycoin. But to be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Skycoin. The project is extremely deep, and without a solid grasp of the technology most of the news and updates will go over a typical NPC’s head. There's also Synth’s weaponized autism which is so deftly woven into the SKY platform. His personal philosophy draws heavily from Jacques Attali’s literature, for instance. Skycoin holders understand this stuff. They have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of the Skycoin project. To realize that it’s not just cryptocurrency. That it’s a comprehensive blockchain ecosystem that makes most other cryptos obsolete.

Skycoin MATTERS. It says something deep about life, freedom, decentralization, and net neutrality. As a consequence, people who fud Skycoin truly ARE idiots. Of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the elegance of the Skyminer, the unlimited power and scalability of Skycoin Fiber, the sophistication of the CX programming language, or the subtlety of the Coin Hours mechanism. I'm smirking right now just imagining these addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as they watch the latest Synth interview, as his genius unfolds on their PC screens. What fools. How I pity them.

And yes, by the way, I do have a Skyminer - one of the thousands already deployed. And yes, I built it myself. But it's for the ladies' eyes only. And even then they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. But they’ll never hold my antenna or get their greedy paws on my Skycoin hardware wallet. Nothing personal.

>> No.12605355

Is it true that Substratum is moving to Skycoin Fiber instead of ETH?

>> No.12605389
File: 391 KB, 1770x1804, Skycoin-Top-6-GitHub.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Skycoin has developed its own blockchain with lightning fast, free, private, and infinitely scalable transactions. Not only that, but the Skycoin Fiber platform also enables other projects to launch their own ICOs (with coins, not just tokens) on their own dedicated blockchains, all built on Skycoin technology. By giving each ICO/project its own blockchain, Skycoin Fiber eliminates the contention for resources that occurs on other platforms like Ethereum, in which every project shares the same chain. Several projects have already launched their coins on Skycoin Fiber, including SolarBankers and MDL Talent Hub.

Skycoin has over 100 employees. Skycoin’s lead developer, Brandon Smietana, has been involved in the cryptocurrency sector since its inception, having assisted with the early development and bug-fixing of Bitcoin. Brandon, who prefers to be known by his online handle, Synth, has appeared in countless interviews, and presented at dozens of blockchain conferences around the world (many of these videos are available on YouTube).

Other highly visible members of the team, who appear frequently in interviews and at conferences, include Daken Freeborn, Ed Vilderman, Danish Chaudry, and Drew MacGibbon. Synth and the wider Skycoin team are highly active on Twitter and Telegram, where they regularly engage with the rapidly growing Skycoin community, answer questions, offer development updates, help new users to configure their Skyminers and wallets, or provide guidance on how to develop new games and applications using Skycoin CX.

Skycoin has been in development since 2011, with the first commit to GitHub being published in 2013. The Skycoin GitHub consists of more than 40 repositories. Measuring GitHub activity over the past 12 months (based only on the main Skycoin repo), Cryptomiso places Skycoin at rank 16 out of 755 cryptocurrencies, and CoinCodeCap places Skycoin at rank 8. These rankings would be even higher if all 40+ Skycoin repos were measured.

>> No.12605611

Is 1000 Skycoin enough to make it by 2020?

>> No.12605798

>>12605090
>I'm literally posting over Skywire VPN/proxy using my Skyminer right now.

>a few raspberry pi's thrown together and sold for 1btc (lol) that ''''mines'''' (lol) worthless ''coinhours'' for a premined shitcoin that might as well be erc20

gas yourself sudo you literal cuck

>> No.12606068
File: 923 KB, 2396x1800, Skycoin-Photo-Grid-2-Black.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>12605798
Is this really the best fud you noskycoiners can come up with these days?

I mean, this is literally just hurling random abuse, because you feel that Skycoin threatens whatever fork or token you've invested in.

Surely you can do better than this my friend?

>> No.12606172

>>12605053
>Coin Hours—earned by holding Skycoin in a wallet, and used to purchase services on the Skycoin ecosystem

Alright but I thought that:

>1. Skycoin—a lightning fast currency, with free transactions, and privacy/anonymity via the CoinJoin protocol

Skycoin was the currency. Why do I have to earn Coin Hours if I want to access the "ecosytem" ?

Does that mean that in terms of purchasing skycoin services on the skycoin ecosystem, skycoin is in fact worthless ?

What absolute twaddle this all seems. Careful newbies, this is some advanced shilling. The words you want to hear would be something like:

>skycoin can be used to buy good and services through the wallet plugin which converts your skycoin to the necessary payment method automatically.

>Holding skycoin in your wallet is not the only way to earn skycoin, you can also earn skycoin by transacting with it as well as participating in the skycoin ecosystem

Never has a thread triggered my scam warning harder. The fucking tamagotchi wallet looks like $.03 cents of parts on alibaba.

>> No.12606182

>>12605226
McAfee is a shill for hire, not a technological collaborator. Shilling is a side hustle for him, he no stake in the crypto projects he advocates for.

>> No.12606185

>>12606172
you are a fucking retard

>> No.12606213

>>12606185

Yikes, seems like I've exposed a skycoin bagholder. I'd love to hear any explanation that explains why there needs to be fucking Coin Hours in addition to Skycoin. It literally makes zero sense at all.

Also would love to hear how the value is ever going to go up and an economy going to develop when

>you get coin hours by HODLing in the wallet

yeah because users being encouraged to use their currency to get a currency to use in an "ecosystem" by not transacting or using the skycoins for anything is really going to proliferate use and adoption. Elaborate scam, I'm sure it will pump a few times and anons can make some money off it but it's not a long term investment.

>> No.12606335

>>12606213
In design the main currency, Sky, is hyperdeflationary which incentivises holding. While the generated currency, coin hours, is hyperinflationary which incentivises its spending. Transactions burn the inflationary currency, coin hours, and not Skycoin which allows for the underlying asset to remain untouched. Hardly anybody uses crypto for anything other than speculation and hoarding, so by generating coin hours as the fuel for the system, people can still hoard Sky but still have the ability to transact in the ecosystem without debasing their stash. Now, start throwing a bunch of dApps, games, webhosting, messaging, etc that all function on coin hours (burn plus coin hour cost) you can maybe see that holding more Sky allows you to generate more coin hours which allows you to do more things, more often in the ecosystem.

>> No.12606345
File: 220 KB, 920x514, CoinHoursInfographic.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>12606172
>Does that mean that in terms of purchasing skycoin services on the skycoin ecosystem, skycoin is in fact worthless ?
You appear to be gibbering like a deranged loon.

I have no idea what most of your post is ranting about, but I'll answer this one because it made (a little bit of) sense.

No, Skycoin is not worthless, because holding Skycoin generates the Coin Hours that are used to purchase goods and services in the Skywire ecosystem, such as Skywire bandwidth, computing power, storage, in-app and in-game purchases for games built on Skycoin CX etc.

Nobody wants to spend Bitcoin, especially in a bull market, because it will always be worth more in the future. The Coin Hours mechanism solves this problem through an inflationary parallel currency that is always being generated.There is no disincentive to spend Coin Hours because you'll always get more of them - supply is infinite.

Skycoin is for holding. Coin Hours are for spending.

>> No.12606348

>>12606213
Coinhours are automatically emitted by the protocol, one per hour for every Skycoin. If you own a Skycoin, you get all the coinhours emitted by it. This makes Coinhours inflationary, and inflationary currencies are good for an ecosystem because they cause people to spend more, leading to economic growth.

>> No.12606426
File: 81 KB, 750x756, 1548727412595.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>12606335

So skycoin is not a currency and is not used to transact. Instead Skycoin is a platform to accumulate coin hours. So what happens when all the skycoins are hoarded and someone wants to buy in to the ecosystem ? Do they purchase skycoin or coin hours ? Can they only purchase coin hours ? Why does skycoin exist then, if they only need to purchase coin hours to buy something ?

>in design the main currency, Sky, is hyperdeflationary ?

wait, what is happening here ? neither skycoin nor coin hours are the MAIN currency ? It's sky ? if sky is skycoin then why is it the main currency if it is not used to transact ?

>>12606345

Oh, supply is infinite for the actual currency, skycoin ? That sounds like something I want to sell my services for, something that has an infinite supply. It sounds really valuable. Why does bitcoin not have an infinite supply if this is such a good model ?

How does skycoin transact off chain ? Can I use skycoins to buy bitcoins or fiat within the official skycoin software or do I use coin hours for that purpose ? If I have coin hours, can I exchange them for btc/alts or fiat ? Or can I only keep this infinite money machine going by plugging it into itself and hoard skycoins to get coinhours (infinite supply and the actual currency) so I can use coinhours to buy COMPUTING power, to what, mine more skycoin ?

Imagine if bitcoin worked in parallel to your system with its own equivalents, why is nobody putting forth this infinite money machine idea on existing cryptos ?

>> No.12606480

>>12606348

Well then, certainly the best thing to spend coin hours on would be skycoin ? So, let's say I want to spend my coin hours on more skycoin. How many coin hours does it take to buy one skycoin ? Surely if people do this, the value of skycoin will rise as it is an in demand product. so, people will hoard their skycoin to get coin hours, or hold out for higher coin hour prices. but as soon as someone sells their skycoin for coin hours, they lose the means of production in order to accumulate what skycoin produces. Alright, option b, they wait for higher prices and only sell skycoin to the person offering the most skycoins. Well, the person who has the power to do that is already getting more coin hours than anyone so if they start buying people out of their share of the network by using their skycoins to get all the skycoins then they are one step closer to transacting with themself alone.

Beware, anyone new to crypto. When something plugs into itself, it's a scam.

>> No.12606489

>>12606426
Oh i see, this is just b8. Carry on faggot

>> No.12606493

>>12606426
Deflationary currency has better usage as a store of value and inflationary currency is better for spending. You can buy either, but you would purchase coinhours for the express purpose of spending in the ecosystem, while you would purchase Skycoin for the purpose of investment.
>Skycoin supply is
Skycoin cannot be mined, and the absolute supply cannot be increased by any means. All the Skycoin that will ever exist were created at the genesis block as shown in the code.

>> No.12606514

>>12606480
The rate at which you could purchase Skycoin with coinhours will depend on the market price. The coinhour price discovery is achieved through auctioning, held each day, an amount of Skycoin is available for coinhour bids and the amount split between auction participants. What you bid is entirely up to you.

>> No.12606530

>>12606489

I'd be mad too if I had used a fraction of my networth to buy in to a scam, shilled that scam in a public forum only to have it exposed and my have my quickbuck opportunity compromised.

You dont even have an argument to refute anything I've said. I remember being new to crypto, buying some shitty alt that I took the marketing for up the ass and then shilling it on biz in order to feel like im helping my scamp pump. Absolute garbage noob tier.

>>12606493
Alright, now respond to the important question of how many skycoin I can buy with how many coin hours, how many btc I can trade my INFINITE SUPPLY coin hours for at any given time and how much a coin hour costs to buy.

>> No.12606547

>>12606514
>the coinhour price discovery

Alright, then clearly the smartest and only strategy is for everyone to stake 100% of their coin hours everyday. So it's a currency that buys itself.

>want to get bitcoin bux?!
>just buy bitcoin then use the bitcoin to buy bitcoin bux
>then use the bitcoin bux to buy more bitcoin
>it's basically an infinite money machine

>> No.12606682

>>12606530
>INFINITE SUPPLY
There can never be more than 100 million coin hours emitted per hour according to the protocol.
>>12606547
>stake 100% of their coin hours everyday.
please do this.

>> No.12606832
File: 194 KB, 1200x900, Skyminer-Pier.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>12606426
>supply is infinite for the actual currency, skycoin
Are you literally retarded? (serious question). Supply of Skycoin is capped at 100 million. Coin Hours have unlimited supply. Learn to read.

> what happens when all the skycoins are hoarded
Same thing that happens when all the Bitcoin is hoarded. Price goes up.

>Imagine if bitcoin worked in parallel to your system with its own equivalents
Imagine if a cabbage was an airplane.

>> No.12607374

Don’t buy skycoin. They literally exit scammed last year and the CEO is being investigated by the SEC for insider trading. It’s probably unironically illegal to buy skyscam anyway.

SUB and HOLO do everything Skycoin does anyway and they are both legit tokens.

>> No.12607556
File: 913 KB, 2392x1796, Skycoin-Photo-Grid-2-White.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>12607374
Insider trading LOL. So they exit-scammed but they're still releasing all these products? Strange exit.

>> No.12607592

BAN AND CENSOR SKYCOIN NOW!!!

MODS??????

>> No.12607811

Everyone should hold 1000 SKY, 1000 LINK and 1000 XRP as suicide insurance. It would actually be retarded not to. At least one of these is going to moon to $1000 per coin in the next couple of years.

>> No.12607825

>>12604692
I'm skynancially ruined.

>> No.12607941

>>12604847
>https://github.com/skycoin/skycoin/blob/develop/src/visor/blockchain.go
>https://github.com/skycoin/skycoin/blob/develop/src/visor/visor.go
software dev here. this does not explain shit about the masternodes lmao.

this is literally just block verifications of utxos. there is literally nothing about distributed consensus for more than one node in here. either link the code about "masternodes" or fuck off. fucking skycoin scammers are the worst i swear to god. kys

>> No.12607946

>>12607811
I’m a poorfag but I’ve managed to accumulate 850 SKY in the past few months. My target is 1000 by April which I think I’ll achieve if the price stays below a dollar until then. After mainnet in late March I think the price will lift off and not stop for a long time!

>> No.12607997

>>12607941
Distributed consensus exists because all nodes (everyone with a wallet) has a synchronised copy of the blockchain.

What do you want to know about the master node system? Your question is unclear.

>> No.12608010

>>12607941
>block verification of utxos
is what it's supposed to show fucking idiot. This shows that it is a distributed ledger and not muh spreadsheet on synth's laptop. Nobody ever claimed that Obelisk is already deployed. It is not interesting that Skycoin is temporarily using centralized validators for new blocks because it doesn't allow stealth ledger reorgs. this BTFOs the FUD cocksucker.

>> No.12608044

>>12608010
>This shows that it is a distributed ledger and not muh spreadsheet on synth's laptop
no its doesnt you absolute fucking retard. show the code about masternodes for block submission to the chain

to any sub 120 IQ's who cant program reading this, these two fags have no idea what they are talking about. >>12608010 >>12607997

do not fall for this scam.

>Distributed consensus exists because all nodes (everyone with a wallet) has a synchronised copy of the blockchain.
by this definition centralised online banking also has distributed consensus because you maintain a copy of all your transactions.

retards. retards. everywhere.

>> No.12608087

>>12608044
You are legitimately retarded. Every bank customer does not have a synced copy my transactions you brainlet. But every node does have a synced copy of the Skycoin blockchain. Hence there is consensus. You twit.

>> No.12608117

>>12607811
Note that this shill is trying to get you to associate his shitcoin sky bags with two legit projects to try to trick you into thinking sky is on a par with link and XRP.

Hourly reminder that if the six month chart of a coin looks like a log flume ride then it’s a shitcoin and heading to zero. Every single one of them. If they haven’t recovered by now they never will.

>> No.12608128

>>12608044
That actually does show the code for publishing blocks.
>by this definition centralised online banking also has distributed consensus because you maintain a copy of all your transactions.
This obviously has nothing to do with what we are talking about. Cunts like you are the reason that people are so vulnerable to scams in crypto.

>> No.12608133

>>12608087
is this bait? if so well done. got me to reply three times

>> No.12608150

>>12608133
You looking to run off after getting btfo? How about you read the code again dumbfuck, you obviously didn't understand how this blockchain differs from Bitcoin.

>> No.12608220

>>12608133
Everytime a transaction is sent, a new transaction block is created, and every transaction block creates a new output block. There are no block rewards and no transaction fees, so all of that logic is not in the code. Skycoin's blockchain is a novel implementation, not a fork of Bitcoin or Namecoin or Ethereum, etc. It is true that there is a technical definition of consensus for distributed systems, but in the case of a public ledger, there also exists a consensus as to the state of the owned assets described on the ledger. It is a slimy fud tactic that you attempt to conflate these concepts to confuse people and attack this project.

>> No.12608254

>>12608220
>all this jargon to try and pull some insane mental gymnastics
just answer one question; who has permission to create blocks?
no one but synth and his single delegated, centralised node.

>> No.12608302
File: 65 KB, 800x450, Skycoin-Grandpa.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>12608117
>If they haven't recovered during a year-long bear market they never will durrrrr
Imagine being this retarded.

>> No.12608317

>>12608254
If you have a private key you can create a new block by sending a transaction.

>> No.12608360
File: 96 KB, 750x1000, Two-Skywallets.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>12608254
This is already answered in my second post in this thread. As with all masternode-based crypto platforms, the masternode writes the blocks into an immutable ledger which is synchronized to all the peers/nodes in the network, creating a consensus as to the state of the blockchain.

Even if Obelisk was never released (it will be, this year) Skycoin could run quite successfully on this masternode system forever and this wouldn't negatively impact Skywire or CX or the hardware wallets or Fiber or any other part of this project. Many other blockchain platforms have a similar central controller - for example IOTA which is top-20 coin.

I can tell that you're growing angry because your 'no consensus' FUD has been completely BTFO, just like all the other Skycoin fud thrown around by projects that feel threatened by Skycoin.

>> No.12608370

>>12608360
>>12608317
the absolute state.
having to resort to outright lies.
this is just fucking sad. tho i would expect no less from a coin that is literally down -97%

>> No.12608398
File: 142 KB, 1024x682, SkycoinSynth.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>12608370
Nothing in either of those posts is a lie.

Anyone with a wallet can send a transaction which creates a block that is written to the immutable ledger by the masternode and then synchronized to all the other nodes in the network (thousands of them) creating a consensus as to the state of the blockchain.

This is literally exactly how it has been working for years and how will continue to work for several more months until Obelisk is released.

Why does this make you so angry anon? Which project are you involved with, to feel so threatened by this?

>> No.12608429

Skycoin is evil and dangerous. Don’t support it. Elastos is better.

>> No.12608531
File: 42 KB, 640x525, sky77.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>SKY

>> No.12608637
File: 565 KB, 1198x1778, Skycoin-Components.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>12608531
SKYCOIN!

>> No.12608643
File: 239 KB, 550x442, sky7.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>SKY

>> No.12608805
File: 410 KB, 1280x895, Skycoin-Large-Grid-Black-LoRes.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>12608643
SKYCOIN SKYCOIN SKYCOIN SKYCOIN SKYCOIN

>> No.12608977

How high are people expecting Skycoins price to go?

>> No.12609093
File: 63 KB, 550x821, sky34.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Sure is schizophrenic in this thread. Can't put a finger on, but the aura off all SKY threads is roughly of a mental asylum..

>> No.12609159
File: 1.67 MB, 500x283, Skycoin-Airdrop.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>12609093
Skycoin Skycoin Skycoin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8XRoaCYuic

Skycoin Skycoin Skycoin

Skycoin Skycoin Skycoin

Skycoin Skycoin Skycoin

Skycoin Skycoin Skycoin

>> No.12609306
File: 123 KB, 700x700, sky35.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>12609159
Your reply seems not related? Who are you talking to? Some voices in your head?
The schizophrenia is palpable.

>> No.12609333
File: 3.95 MB, 5184x3888, Physical-Skycoin-Hand.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>12609306

S K Y C O I N
K Y C O I N S
Y C O I N S K
C O I N S K Y
O I N S K Y C
I N S K Y C O
N S K Y C O I
S K Y C O I N
N I O C Y K S

>> No.12609357

>>12608977
10 cents if you’re lucky

>> No.12609393
File: 282 KB, 1200x739, Skywire_Map_of_American_Nodes.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>12609357
10 cents per Coin Hour is a reasonable estimate after Skywire mass adoption. By that stage SKY will be around $1000 per coin.

>> No.12609666

Crypto is unironically dead, until projects like Skycoin start getting the respect they deserve.

>> No.12609667

Fuck Skycoin! Skyfags are fucking deranged. The project must be stopped. Ban and censor the fuckers from /biz so more noobs don’t fall for this confirmed scam.

>> No.12609758

>>12609393
>one day sky will be worth $1000 a coin!

>> No.12610553

>>12608010
>someone with a programming question points out inconsistencies in what skycoin claims their code is vs what's in their github

>skycoin shills call him a fucking idiot and a cocksucker

shills tend to get triggered when their scam is exposed.

>> No.12610565

>>12608010
Thank you for confirming all the fud.

>> No.12610576

>>12608360

I've already proved that skycoin is used to purchase itself through coin hours having infinite supply. Why are you still shilling your indonesian made alibaba tamagotichs that wholesale at $.03 aunit ?

>> No.12610588

>>12608398
>print stickers and place them on a chassis of rasberry pis
>clutter up a table with messy pamphlets, what looks like skycoin condoms and some random plastic and wires
>skycoin stickered rasberry pi chassis is falling off the table

fucking disgusting bullshit, anyone who gets tricked by this image is a brainlet.

>> No.12610607

>>12608398
>Anyone with a wallet can send a transaction which creates a block that is written to the immutable ledger by the masternode and then synchronized to all the other nodes in the network (thousands of them) creating a consensus as to the state of the blockchain.

sounds like a cryptocurrency alright. I could copy and paste the code to dogecoin, rename it bloopcoin and claim the same thing.

> it has been working for years and how will continue to work for several more months until Obelisk is released.

working for years!

>> No.12610626

>>12608398
>synchronized to all the other nodes in the network
Not a feat if BFT consensus isn't a goal, just redundancy with no assumed conflict between actors. Literally a simple database write across multiple instances of the database.