[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 194 KB, 675x601, 1534795185434.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
17752629 No.17752629 [Reply] [Original]

the stock market crash, and the worlds markets seeing these huge falls.
Yet, it doesn't even feel like a financial crisis, or like a doom recession at all.
I was around for 2008 and old enough to feel it. It was much worse initially. it was literal turmoil and felt like a depressing end, and like things were going to get worse for a long time.

Now? this shit just feels like a huge random stock market crash, just money being wiped out but without any real crisis behind it
Obviously i'm not buying the viral pneumonia narrative for it

>> No.17752665

because it's orchestrated, tomorrow short squeeze and big bounce on BTC

you are old so you know AIDS made a lot more dead people than COVID 19

orchestrated

>> No.17752734

>>17752629
because 90% of the reason this crash is happening is due to a seasonal virus that will be gone by summer.

the 2008 crisis was a real "society on the brink of chaos" moment.

>> No.17752787

>>17752665

Friend, I had Coronavirus 3 weeks ago.
I wont lie, I infected a few people probably, but this was before i really know it was going around, and it was so mild i thought i just had a headache, which I took pills for and was fine. Lasted 3 days. No runny nose, no cough, no sore throat. Just a little phlegm and a little shallow breathing.

The response feels surreal to it. I didn't even know I was sick, and i'm pretty sure flu and pneumonia is just as deadly to the 85+ crowd already?

This stock market turmoil just feels like it has no actual turmoil or genuine crisis to it

>> No.17752801

>>17752629
Banks and financials aren't going under. This crisis is just people panicking. 2008 there were real financial problems and implications, right now it's just a major selloff

>> No.17752822

>>17752629
>>17752629
Because the housing market crash killed credit availability, secondary loan markets, working class equity, and forced dumb firms that didnt understand how CDOs work to start fire sales spreading contagion.

This isnt even close to the same thing at all. The fundamentals underlying most businesses arent affected in the slightest. It's a natural disaster and we'll see a V shaped recovery. This is really just an opportunity to take money from moron panic sellers.

>> No.17752827

test

>> No.17752873

>>17752801

yet we had the biggest Red day since 1987 in the UK markets, and possibly the biggest single day drop since 1930s in US markets as a percentage.

I'm not undermining the maybe fragile nature of things, we've been going for 12 strong years now, but it makes no fucking sense to me at all unless this is just a very convenient way to reset the market, cool off all the tension, make money swap hands to the right places and ad a little oil to the gears

>> No.17752881

>>17752665
frenchbro you are truly a light in these dark times. May King Louis and Joan of Arc shine down their glory upon you

To me this too feels like a nothingburger. Especially with how fast everything crashed. You usually only see that in crypto, not established investments like stocks.

This makes me think that stock traders learned from crypto that by orchestrating extreme fluctuations you can trigger people's stop losses and cause panic selling which causes shit to plunge even further.

My guess is that both the stock market and crypto recover by next week. Plus think about the long term. How much money will be saved when companies realize that even without coronavirus, people can still work from home. What will that kind of increase in productivity do to a company's bottom line?

>> No.17752921

test

>> No.17752940

Left-wing fear of another 4 years of Trump has boiled over into the real world

>> No.17752957

>>17752873
this heh
we're just cooling off before the next rally. no systemic problems at all whatsoever

>> No.17753034

>>17752957

This is what i want to know. are there some massive underlying crisis im unaware of?
I dont think we're going on a rally quite the opposite. i think it will crab even if it bounces a bit. it will crab till way after the presidential election