[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 12 KB, 225x225, images.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
1930255 No.1930255 [Reply] [Original]

> Get an interview for a job at a big 4 public accounting firm to do some really easy entry level audit work.
>fill out their myriad of endless forums and even "pre" background checks (no joke) and other pointless shit that likely to give HR a reason to exist in the first place.
>Thanks anon we'll contact you in a weeks time to let you know.
>2 weeks pass decide to give them a call to see whats up
>"Hi this anon from the interview for....
>"*loudly* Excuse me but we WILL call you okay *hangs up*."
>Haven't heard anything from them in a month

How the fuck does this unprofessional shit fly in this modern era? More importantly why do millennials or whatever generation we call it accepts this behavior as the norm and that we should "feel grateful" for even getting the privilege to talk to these cunts?

If employers treated customers or clients the same way they treat potential new hires they would be bankrupt in a day. I mean more and more I ask myself why people should subject themselves to this? Its not like corporations have any loyalty to their employees to begin with, you can be fired for no reason whatsoever in the name of free enterprise and the labor market is still anemic as hell so its not like there's any security to begin with.
I keep think to myself I've already started LLC doing work that's pulling in money and I could make more if I market out. With the exception of 1% special snowflakes like certain Doctors or trades you at best only make 20% of your labor back in profits under any employer.

>> No.1930459

>>1930255
>apply for the big D
>get rejection 6 months later
Yeah, it's bullshit OP. I just want to be independent and to have some self determination.

>> No.1930638

>>1930459
That's ironic because my dad (hes 50+) got fired from Deloitte. Now he's working as a contractor for the District Government as vendor.

It's bullshit and I'm pushing him to move on because he's just a contractor working under a vendor who basically provide shit other then paycheck. You can do this work under your own business/self incorporated and not have smelly Indians collect a cut.

>> No.1930655

>>1930255

which big 4, which office and what division

I may or may not have some pull there

>> No.1930656
File: 42 KB, 349x670, 4ccc88b47c47d2aa465ab522b92e0551-20-normal-things-simpsons-fans-cant-hear-without-laughing.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1930255
There are no jobs, they could not care less how a starting wagecuck feels. You have no value

>> No.1930658

>>1930255
If they said they will call you later than they will call you later

>> No.1930670

>>1930655
E&Y

>> No.1930685

>>1930670
Lol and they market themselves as the employee friendly firm because they can't compete with pwc and Deloitte. I got turned down for a job with them which was fair since I didn't have any experience. But now I have a job just as good for my career, pays identically, but I never work more than 40 hours a week

>> No.1930824

I'll tell you what I tell everyone at work. We're all expandable. You could be top 5 and get fired a week later and bring in a new hire for less but has more determination because he's new and has something to prove.

>> No.1930864

>>1930658
>>1930824
It's not even about being a wage cuck or being expendable It's just common fucking courtesy to tell someone who took their time and effort to come and prepare for an interview their status.
I don't understand why that would be so hard? You either tell the person:

A: You're hired
B: No Fuck you and die

Simple.

It sickens me because everyone is literally brainwashed into "having manners" and being courteous and brown nose your interviewer but never when it comes to being on the other side of the table. Don't tell me this shit flies when they deal with their clients, if they pulled this same shit with their client as they do with prospective hire's they would lose all their market.

Anyway you are a wage cuck with any of these corps unless you are a partner/director otherwise even if you do get hired expect no less.

>> No.1930897

>>1930864
>Ghosted by a job
I came here to cryptoshill not to lose

>> No.1930931

>>1930864
Your problem is that you put all your eggs in one basket. The trick is to send in many apps. Then when you get hired change the way things are. Best bet is to move on and start somewhere with more decency