[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 568 KB, 4096x2978, statesUI.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
22440759 No.22440759 [Reply] [Original]

I can't be the only one on here who is really interested in the macro economic picture of the US economy right now. So I wanted to create a general to discuss. I think at this point you can't separate Macro from Fed and Fiscal support, so I'm just going to post some news that I think is relevant.

>https://twitter.com/The_Real_Fly/status/1304589935480107010 - Marco Rubio says there will not be any additional stimulus until after the election.
>Additional unemployment not available in most states as they cannot meet the necessary $100 requirement (see pic related).
>Major indices (especially the NASDAQ) seem to be in a sustained downtrend
>https://www.cnet.com/personal-finance/new-national-eviction-moratorium-for-the-rest-of-2020-what-you-need-to-know/ - Eviction moratorium extended until the end of 2020.
>September FOMC next Tues/Weds, Negative Interest Rates (Nominal) still off the table but Yield Curve Control may be in the works.
>https://realeconomy.rsmus.com/pandemic-economics-prospects-for-permanent-job-losses-rising/ - Overall joblessness decreasing, however continued unemployment claims and permanent job losses flatlining and increasing respectively.

In the short term hard to see how we're not setting up for another big deflationary crash. With no stimulus, no direct payments, unemployment out of reach for many, PPP based hiring coming to an end, and interest rates already at zero with going negative off the table, I don't see how it's avoidable. Am I wrong? If so, why?

>> No.22440804 [DELETED] 

>>22440759
1 HOUR LEFT on YEET ico.
Ultra low supply cap.
Yield farming.
Defi Degen Gambling
VCs and OGs holding
$4.20 snapshot price
$42 listing price

WHY ARENT YOU HOLDING
httpsYEETdotDANCE

>> No.22440847

>>22440759
I'm scared anon, I can't take link being pulled down with everything else, my whole life is bound up with that shit coin and if it doesn't moon above 100 in the next 18 months I'm going to unironically rope

>> No.22440874
File: 638 KB, 1000x1000, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Let’s make this a daily thread to discuss macro and geopolitics willing to keep it going?

>> No.22440898

>>22440874
Yeah if we get some real discussion I'll try and do it once daily. I'm following all this stuff anyways so no reason not to.

>> No.22441451

>>22440898
We have similar twitter follows so we on the right track can we include crypto/indices/commodities into the discussion or it will be garbage and lacking

>> No.22441632

seems like the trend is down. California is on fire kek. Anecdotal evidence i can share is an apartment im looking at in Texas just recently was decreased 5k.

>> No.22441664

>>22441632
multiple had price decreaseas, new york and miami are being hit hard. 20%+ price decreases

>> No.22441682

>>22440759
5 MINUTES LEFT on YEET ico.
Ultra low supply cap.
Yield farming.
Defi Degen Gambling
VCs and OGs holding
$4.20 snapshot price
$42 listing price

WHY ARENT YOU HOLDING
httpsYEETdotDANCE

>> No.22441882

I'm closing on a house this month. 115k and 3.5% interest because shit credit. I'm guessing deflationary crash means that I would be overpaying? Are we just going to get the same bullshit fifty cent raise like previous years? Should I parachute out of the deal? Everything in my gut is saying that they would sooner burn the world down before letting housing market crash, even if it means 50% of foreclosures sit off the market and take the tax hit until the market looks more optimistic. Supply is tight and I struggled to even find this 1.1k sqft cuckshed for under 120k. What happened to inflation is coming or else we will force it to happen with jewdoo? All I know is buying memecoins and boomer tier personal finance like debt bad and spend less than you earn. This world is scary to me because I just want to stop working and never think about money again. 50k link and 330k xsn with $2k in checking is all I have to my name. How fucked are we?

>> No.22441959

>>22441882
i feel you. The jew has complicated the game since 2008. They made it a little more unpredictable but i fully believe down is where we are going til the election

>> No.22442574

I got like 12 dollars from a thing I sold on Amazon but am otherwise on unemployment. Do I tell the UE guys this or just ignore it? I won't actually receive the 12 dollars for 2 months so I'm not sure it would really count as "this last week's" profits.

>> No.22442648

>>22441882
We're not fucked. You just have poor finances and are a cuck.

I'm closing on an house, foreclosure at 215k, arv 290k, conventional @ 2.89 and I have 250k in the bank after 20% down payment and Earnest money.

How does it feel to be an American, and not free enough to do anything you want? How did you fuck up this badly.

>> No.22442853
File: 307 KB, 798x672, 1599189093234.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>22442648
Pretty bad actually. I'm trying to work with what I've got though. Rent is 1.4k so it will be nice paying half that on a mortgage while being closer to work and the gym. Any advice on how to unfuck myself? Currently working two days a week and making 42k/yr after taxes. Real income is closer to 70k since I pick up extra shifts, but I'm trying to cut back on that. I'm thinking after I close and pay the last two months rent that overlaps with my mortgage I start putting 1k/mo in usdc and trying to get that 7% returns from lending. Maybe paying $250/mo extra on the mortgage to drop mortgage insurance sooner. Is paying off mortgage early a boomer meme? I don't like debt but the extra 3.5% difference from usdc is tempting. No guarantee it holds such a return for the next 30 years though so I'm conflicted. This should be obvious but I clearly don't have the brain for personal finance so any help is appreciated.