[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 208 KB, 1600x1060, smrwze2qp1z51.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
25583792 No.25583792 [Reply] [Original]

Are your normie friends noticing the huge rise in Bitcoin price?

>> No.25583920

>>25583792
no which is a good thing in my book. means normie hype is still coming

>> No.25583970

>>25583792
Yes but only because I gave her $10 bucks for food or some shit 2 years ago. It's apparently $40 now.

>> No.25584033

>>25583792
yup.
old friend who makes 100k
"dude you see your bitcoin going crazy"
"yeah, you buy more or something"
"yeah dude, i dropped another $500, got $1400 in it now waiting for the big $"
>I'm sitting on a little over a million trying now to laugh.

>> No.25584113
File: 118 KB, 630x441, mission accomplished.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

my dad was FOMOing, but he didn't buy any. he doesn't actually think it's a safe store of value. He says that the gov can probably just hack it at will if it begins to threaten the special status of the USD. That they literally wage war and bomb civilians if anyone tries to buy oil with gold instead of USD; and that they definitely have a kill-switch for BTC, cause if they didn't, they would have made it illegal long ago.

>> No.25584167

>>25584033
I'm in a similar position. I convinced my
friend with triple my salary to buy ETH at sub one hundred dollars. I assumed he put at least 5k. It turned out I was off by two orders of magnitude and he only put in fifty bucks.

>> No.25584226

Yes, my cousing asked me "will bitcoin continue to go up? Should I buy?"

>> No.25584288

Yep my Facebook is filled with them. And not a single one knows what Tether is, or whats about to happen.

>> No.25584423

>>25583792
since 2016 when bitcoin is down:
>hey anon, how's bitcoin doing *smug, condescending look & tone*
since 2016 when bitcoin is up:
>yikes anon, maybe you should sell before you lose everything

HAHA. WHO'S LAUGHING NOW FAGGOTS?

>> No.25584468

>>25584033
Kek. My friend makes like 100k a year but sold his eth stack around $450. He was so adamant about holding long term for years but then he started trying to swing alts while doing absolutely no research on what he was buying other than just seeing they were low market cap. He ended up getting rekt on OXT and sold his whole stack at a loss after initially getting in ETH around $300 and making some decent profits. I kept telling him to hold. Oh well. He used to bring up crypto a lot during this time but hasn’t brought it up anymore since the major bull run. I kinda feel bad but remember he’s comfy enough anyway plus deserves it for his idiotic ass moves.

>> No.25584508

>>25584167
>ill bitcoin continue to go up? Should
this is why my holdings must be god tier.
>oldfag 2016
when i talk crypto with people i thought had at least 10k in it and thats poor tier for me, but anyways it turns out a lot of time its fractions of what you think. i don't even tell people i have "entire coins" its stressful and won't help me out in the long run. My fav are the anti BTC people that hate it so much because they didn't get in when you did, hold anywhere close to that you hold and constantly tell you to sell so they feel better knowing if you sell and have none both of you are on equal playing fields.

>> No.25584621

>>25584423
OH MY GOD
THIS x1000000
I have like 5 "friends" like this
>btc goes down
hahahaha bro how u doing? u lost a lot of money right? your chuck e cheese tokens are worthless just sell now"
EVERY FUCKIN TIME it got down
then it'll go up and you won't hear a peep, if its brought up they will say
>yeah bro big deal it'll just go down again is sOoOOooO (and the normie favorite word) volatile.
But ever since its shot past 20k these faggy friends haven't said shit, in fact I haven't heard back from some of them in weeks.
LETS LAUGH AT NOCOINERS TOGETHER!

HAHAHHAHHAHh hH AhahHAHAHAHHAHAHa HAHAHAHHAHAHAHhA AHHAHAHAHha

>> No.25584645

>>25583792
why you posting my waifu.

>> No.25584675

>>25583792
yes

>> No.25584676

>>25584621
I remember I was like this back in '15, regret it to this day.

>> No.25584789

>>25584676
when did you see the light and you have btc now i hope right?

>> No.25584801

>>25583792
No, i'll never chill any of my friends or family about crypto, ever, that's the lowest IQ move possible. Instead, i'll make it, and then enjoy the envy in their eyes.

>> No.25584820

>>25584113
He's not that far off.. He seems like a wise boomer. All of those situations are definitely plausible.

>> No.25584847

Yes, half of them have already bought some

>> No.25584866

>>25584801
Low IQ maybe but we are degenerate gamblers right? I got my extended family into crypto and they are all deep enough in the green after taking out their initial.

>> No.25584897

>>25584621

these aren't friends

you guys have a very loose definition of the word. these are just annoying normie jackals, akin to the hyena pack in The Lion King. they exist to be controlled or ignored

>> No.25584921

>>25584789
bro I got into crypto in sep... so I'm late asf to the party. Wish I got into the game straight outta HS when it was around ~300, would of had like 20 btc by now. oh well you live you learn.

>> No.25584938

Yeah because i told them. But they dont know i own any

>> No.25584939

>>25583792
Yeah
I told them 2 months back i had just spent 1000s on BTC (This was when the price was 16,000$) and i was called a "fucking idiot" and laughed at.

Then it went to 25k and they had heard in the normie news about the jump in price. I sold at 25,000$ for a nice profit.
Then price dropped to 23,000$ 2-3 weeks back and i brought more BTC and its been mooning ever since.

Just bumped into one of the girls calling me an idiot and now she wants to know more about BTC. Told her its too late and she has been left behind.

>> No.25584981

>>25583920
This.

>> No.25585070

>>25584897
you are correct. Ive started to distance myself from some and will have to going forward with BTC going up and up. I wish I had IRL crypto friends that are as passionate about the space and investing in something special. but i have no one :/

>> No.25585184

>>25584897
>you guys have a very loose definition of the word. these are just annoying normie jackals, akin to the hyena pack in The Lion King. they exist to be controlled or ignored

This

>> No.25585240

>>25584866
>but we are degenerate gamblers right?
No, you're. I win more than 70% of all my trades, and i never risk what i can't afford.
>I got my extended family into crypto and they are all deep enough in the green after taking out their initial.
Some of them will make more money than you ever do, never thank you for it and you will lose the 'probably' only thing that gives you value over them, you're dumb like a child.
>>25584897
Friends don't exists, they only are with you because they see you in the same floor or inferior than them, so you don't hurt their pride, authority or sense of wellness; and if you have friends that are better than you, then you're just a beta cuck with low self esteem, testosterone and you will probably become scammed the very moment you make it.

>> No.25585312

>>25584621
I got about 10k in as a 20 yo neet, for context.
I think you should really consider dropping those "friends" of yours.
I'm not very familiair with "The Lion King" but >>25584897
may have a point.
My best friend ditched me in high school and I'm glad he did, he would fit in perfectly with the behaviour you describe.
It reminds me of him. He was like a real sheep, it's kinda uncanny. He'd say X but as soon as society thought Y he would go Y immediately, and then try to push off X at me, and ridicule it in 1001 ways. I think he ultimately did it for girls' approval, but I'm not so sure because he showed this behaviour in elementary as well.
He sure isn't handsome or brave, but I know he has a gf, I wonder what she looks like kek and if she treats him like her dog.

>> No.25585377

>>25585240
>Some of them will make more money than you ever do, never thank you for it and you will lose the 'probably' only thing that gives you value over them, you're dumb like a child.
Can you elaborate on this? I know what you mean but I'd like you to further elaborate.

>> No.25585417

>>25584820
You think so?

>> No.25585421

>>25583920
yeah

>> No.25585441
File: 45 KB, 720x593, frens.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>25585070
Don't' worry anon
we are here fren

>> No.25585575

>>25585070
>i have no one :/

Where do you think you are?

>> No.25585641

>>25584113
Based boomer but still a bommer nonetheless which inevitably means he gets the rope.

Not far off, makes me wonder why they never banned it which leads me to believer they already knew what the end game would be and slow started accumulating.

>> No.25585649

>>25584288
The real normies are the midwits fudding tether for over 3 years, same happened last bull run they missed the move from 1k to 20

>> No.25585653

>>25584508
maybe they're just smart and do what you should do, namely tell people you have 1/10th of what you have

>> No.25585833

>>25585240
Why would I need my family to "thank me" for anything? I'm in six figure territory I would love my family members to surpass me. Believe it or not some people love their families unconditionally and want them to succeed. My ID might change because I'm phoneposting.

>> No.25585859

>>25585377
Every human with a normal or high self esteem has something he's good at. In the case of most of neets here, it's knowledge, that's the very thing that gives them value over normies. Assuming that you're not a loser, this kind of knowledge still gives you a high ground in your social circle. Not now, but eventually, if you play the right cards, you will make it better than most of your friends. If you give your knowledge for free, you will lose it and it's probable that some of the 'friends' you gave tips for free will make it better than you (statistically speaking, if you chill tips to 10 people, it's very unlikely that they all will lose money in the long run [even if you give them wrong tips]).
And it can be worse, if you give them bad tips, they will be ass hurt forever, even if you had good intentions.

>> No.25585912

>>25584938
I'm not telling either, I just want to avoid the subject at all cost. At every family thing people are going to ask that would get sooo fucking annoying. All of the sudden you're the "bitcoin guy" lmao.
I love how my dad thinks that those solar panels of his are a good investment, he'll make back his money in 7 years! Jeez that return rate! Amazing!
If he would've listened to 13-14 year old me we would've been rich probably.
I don't even remember what excuse he came up for not buying a second hand bitcoin miner.
Some stupid fucking boomer excuse.

Well, admittedly I probably had a lot of retarded ideas regarding the subject of finances when I was a smol 13 year old boy so I can't fully blame him.

The shit with my parents sometimes has driven me absolutely crazy in my teenage years. My dad gave me a slow ass computer and I was really happy with it at first because I finally got my own computer (he bought a new one, that's why he gave it, which is a nice thing to do) now my younger brother some time later 1-2 years got the really "fast" computer (relatively speaking at least, it wasn't top of the line by any means). I didn't care much at first for some reason but I played fucking minecraft of all games for probably 3-4 years straight at 20, 30 or 40 fps. I was frustrated as hell asking for a new computer and always getting a "no". As a child you want something, but there's literally no way to buy it with pocket money. It's just sooo fucking far out of reach. And you'll have to buy stupid expensive clothes too to fit in in school (at last, I didn't fit in ;_;).
I think that's about a summary of a chapter in my fucking life story.
Don't care if you didn't read it because it's a fucking boring story.

>>25585653
They might be one step ahead after all!
kek I don't think so though. They're mostly sheepish I feel like at least.
That's a bit condescending though at times, most of the times I would be happy to at least "get by" like a normie in so many life ski

>> No.25585920

>>25585859
Ah I see. You are an old nigga mentally still in high school.
Who hurt you?

>> No.25586010

>>25585920
>nigga
Go back

>> No.25586075

>>25584939
Chad moves

>> No.25586136

>>25586010
I have been on /lit/ since it's inception and /a/ long before that. There is no sentence in the English language that better explains these losers attitude than Kanye's "old niggaz mentally still in highschool"

>> No.25586155

>>25585920
Interesting perspective, can you elaborate as well. I think I'm mentally still in high school to be frank.
But I did a lot of autistic shit in high school that I'm ashamed of, but it doesn't make sense.

>>25585859
>Assuming that you're not a loser
What is a "loser" to you?
Can you give some examples?

>social circle
What kind of social circle are you assuming/implying?
I think you mean the social circle from high school, not friends but people you know 'from highschool'.

I don't really have any friends right now. I have 1 guy I'm friends with, but not that close like normal friends are.

I'll probably just keep playing the silence game as a powerlevel sort of thing if I ever "make it".

>>25586075
>girl
you talk to girls? and you're not talking to them because they want to fuck you?
don't talk to fucking girls, the vast vast majority are either airheads or have some sort of "woman logic" that flaws them in a major way.
My opinion at least. But I don't talk to girls often if you couldn't tell.

>> No.25586178

>>25584508
>2016
>oldfag
What the fuck dude?

>> No.25586184

>>25586136
say nigger

>> No.25586189

>>25586136
Elaborate on your point.
Just rant all your thoughts out on this fucking thread in this chinese cartoon imageboard. I just want to hear it all.

>> No.25586191

>>25585920
>nigga.
>Dumb conclusions.
Low IQ nigger confirmed.

>> No.25586449

>>25586155
The guy I was replying to sees every single social interaction as a power struggle. Is that something healthy adults do with their families? He was advocating not telling your family to buy crypto in the off chance one of them has more money than you in the future because in his mind obviously if you are good in this game you are inherently subnormal. His daddy will totally love him as long as he has more money that his normal family members.
Before anyone spergs out about how I must be weak because I don't consider every social interaction a dick measuring contest I will mention that plenty of social interactionals are power struggles and strong people don't concern themselves with having the upper hand at every moment because they have more important things to do than care about high school tier social status.

>> No.25586456

>>25583792
notmies are still BTC didn't that crash?

>> No.25586851

>>25586155
>What is a "loser" to you?
Anyone who doesn't have any redeemable trait or talent.
>I have 1 guy I'm friends with.
Your family still count as part of your social circle.
>>25586449
Every single social interaction IS a power struggle, if you can't see that then you're ignorant, stupid or a normie. The power fight is evident in children circles, and it evolves all way until the day we die (the fight never ceases, it only changes). If you do charity, you're still doing it to get retribution: moral high ground, validation of someone or society, to feel that you're 'changing' someone's life with your money (authority), etc.
No human being ever does things without consciously or unconsciously expecting a reward.

>> No.25586883

>>25586449
Yes, but your family will shrug off the investment advice anyway.
>those bitcoins and those cryptocurrencies are alll SoOOoOoOOO VOLATILE
>It's all a ponzi scheme!
I don't even know what kind of excuses they're trying to make.
I mean the bubble could pop to be fair, but normie boomers seem to have something against bitcoin because they don't know it nor understand any of it so they try and pretend it doesn't exist.
They're not assessing it fairly.

Also, don't give any fucking investment advice or tell anyone that you have business ideas you'd like to realize. The latter comes off as cringy most of the time I've learned if you're not hyper-succesful within 6 months or something like that. Now with investing advice it's like this I think, 3 possible scenarios.

>price goes up: you've made them $1500 with your advice
They'll sing your praises for about a week or so (and they might impulse spend it on something that's not useful, stupid or holds it value decently well)

>price doesn't move much at all
That's another reason for them to think less of you or they'll even try and ridicule you with it for months.

>> No.25587121

>>25586851
I unironically believe all life is will to power. That doesn't mean that there aren't non zero sum games within life. If you can't see how you have proved me right with your argument you are dumb. Did I mention helping strangers? I want a rich family even if it means making my personal standing in my family lower. You see yourself as weak. The person giving is always stronger. You evidently only care about your social standing to the detriment of all other facets of your life to the point that you are afraid to give your family members financial advice because they won't appreciate it enough.

>> No.25587226

>>25586851
Thank you, I feel like this is nice insight.
I think it's true to some extent. But the dark red guy might also have a point a man of value doesn't stress over "muh high-school tier social status" probably (to be clear, you never said that you should *absolutely stress* over each power struggle, so I'm *not* disagreeing with you, to be clear)

They're both nice insights I think I'll keep in the back of my mind for some time even though these 2 might somewhat contradict eachother.

You know what I was thinking though.
Since I with my autistic teenage brain said a lot of "I'm going to be rich, fuck you normies who exclude from every peer-to-peer social interaction", you just have to buy a Gucci outfit and play the never reveal your powerlevel game kek, would they fall for it? I wonder.

I think you genuinely have a lot more chance with a girl if you wear expensive ass meme clothes. There's not even a point to where it gets 'distasteful' in normie femoids probably, because you're wearing status symbols that signal you have a lot of resources. It's a virtue signal in a way.

Women, I think they're in it for the money and if they're not it definitely matters.
My interaction with girls has been limited at best, I'm not super shy or really awkward for reference.
What do you think on the relation between money and female-to-male sexual attraction.
If there is increased attraction, is it all fakey fake. Is it subconsciously real to females.

>> No.25587423

>>25587121
But anon, let's be realistic, if they're not discarding the advice, 99th percentile is going to put in like $2000 in the case they have a large savings account (I still don't get that credit card mentality in the US, is it real?)

What I'm trying to say if they're not completely discarding the advice as lunacy they're not going to put in money that is even somewhat significant to them.

Like >>25584167, if that normie isn't powerleveling, which I think is likely
>fifty bucks
They're not going to follow through with the advice in the manner you intended too. They're going to throw in their supermarket cash change and be all like,
>let's see where this is going!
>I'm really excited!
>big moaney!!
and after a month or 2 or they lost like 15% in the market that is known for being very volatile, they just lose fucking interest.

>> No.25587595

>>25585912
>Don't care if you didn't read it because it's a fucking boring story.
read; boring maybe, but at least not as retarded as the rest of this board

>> No.25587621

>>25584621
>it will go down
Yes.

>> No.25587654

>>25587595
You think so? Why's that I'm crying about the Minecraft performance on my GT220 from over 6 years ago!
But thanks for the compliment I'll gracefully accept it. :^)

>> No.25587699
File: 107 KB, 975x876, FOMO.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>25583792
Yes, they asked me how to buy.
I told them to either wait 2-3 years or drop $100-200 a month into BTC, ETH, or LTC.

>> No.25587755

Some normie coworker of mine bought 6... 6 fucking dollars worth on robinhood in August. He was spouting off today about how much money he could have made if "that crypto stuff was just safer".

>> No.25587830

>>25587699
I wouldn't help 'em but hey that's me.

>> No.25587842

>>25587755
kekw

>> No.25587890

>>25583792
Yes & they still call it a ponzi scam

>> No.25587987

>>25587830
They are good friends
Been helping me with a lot of stuff
I made sure they understood Crypto was a insanely risky investment.
$200 a month never hurt anyone's finances

>> No.25588031

>>25587121
>I want a rich family even if it means making my personal standing in my family lower.
This proves that you didn't understand what i meant. One of my points is that YOU never give up your standing.
>Did I mention helping strangers?
That was an example, brainlet.
>You see yourself as weak.
Straw man.
>If you can't see how you have proved me right with your argument you are dumb.
Straw man.
>The person giving is always stronger.
So... you only 'give' to feel stronger than everyone else?
>You evidently only care about your social standing to the detriment of all other facets of your life to the point that you are afraid to give your family members financial advice because they won't appreciate it enough.
Straw man. Also, i like how you just assume that my family is compatible with your ideal of family. I don't believe in unconditional love, because i know that some people would have terrible families, therefore, is stupid to think that they should just down their heads and give love back, just like a dog.
>What do you think on the relation between money and female-to-male sexual attraction. If there is increased attraction, is it all fakey fake. Is it subconsciously real to females.
Women like to feel secure, that's why women don't take risks like men. That behavior also explain why we don't see as many billionaire women as men. Also, women can only feel 'secure' if their partners excels in one of the following things: physical strength, money, self-confidence, intelligence (rare, but some do), etc (you got the idea, right?).

>> No.25588076

>>25587842
they just don't get it man

>> No.25588106

>>25583792
No one has said anything to me yet

>> No.25588199

>>25584113
Definitely right about the US govt protecting the petrodollar (rest in peace Gaddafi). But how would they 'take out' btc? Arrest the people running the exchanges under some bullshit like ISIS uses BTC so these guys are criminals too? I can't wait to see ISIS return under President Bidet. Or maybe they sic the SEC on all of them.

>> No.25588207

>>25584033
I actually believe this story, because I have normie friends that do the exact same stupid shit. They keep showing me their BTC amounts, which is like $100-$300 total at the CURRENT price of $35k. These fucks have $150k+ Salary jobs and are complete idiots.

>> No.25588426

>>25588031
>Le strawman XD
He insulted you by pointing out flaws in your logic then called you dumb. That is not a strawman argument.

>> No.25588441

>>25584820
agreed, dad sounds legit.

>> No.25588502

I talk about it with the one friend taht I convinced to get in in front of others sometimes, and they just sit in silence. The jealousy is palpable.

>> No.25588687

my friends can all pass for normie but they’re all pretty based. i got every one of them to buy and they’re massively in profit. one of them bought chainlink at 50c when i mentioned it just in passing not even shilling.

>> No.25588990
File: 374 KB, 413x570, 1412943200794.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>25585240
>Friends don't exists, they only are with you because they see you in the same floor or inferior than them, so you don't hurt their pride, authority or sense of wellness; and if you have friends that are better than you, then you're just a beta cuck with low self esteem, testosterone and you will probably become scammed the very moment you make it.
holy shit what a sad faggot
imagine having no friends and trying to rationalize it this way, you must be some slav who is 0.0001 seconds away from killing himself at any moment

>> No.25589037
File: 721 KB, 1024x797, 1605336564715.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>25585070
I feel the same way, but at least I've got you

>> No.25589156

>>25588426
Nice VPN, faggot.
>>25588990
Did i touch a sensible fiber, mr brainlet?. I have normie 'friends', and i know that eventually they will be out of my life. Also, i read a lot of psychology, so i'm not just rationalizing, but also applying what i learned. I'm answering, assuming that you're not the same bitter brainlet using another id.

>> No.25589266

My friends know I hold some crypto, not how much.

>Are you finally in the green again anon?
>haha yeah(sitting on 500k)

>> No.25589308

this is the exact quote from my buddy when i asked him about buying crypto back in march last year "no i missed the bitcoin train unfortunately"

>> No.25589316

>>25587987
Yeah, okay that's cool then.

>> No.25589366
File: 226 KB, 900x794, 6883CF25-79C3-4906-8240-AA05649B2623.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>25586851
you seem unironically autistic so i’ll help you out.
don’t listen to >>25587226
he’s a broken human being. he might be “right” but none of what he says is useful or conducive to a good life. pic related.