[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 84 KB, 751x712, Sergey-Nazarov.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
29605246 No.29605246 [Reply] [Original]

>> No.29606300

LINK is intrinsically worthless. Node operators can be paid in existing cryptocurrencies. Just look at the testnet right now, it only accepts ETH instead of LINK lmao. It means that ETH can easily be substituted for it, that is, if someone wants to fork the token to accept ETH (an established cryptocurrency instead of some fucking ERC20 token made with a two-man team), LINK is basically useless. That is besides the fact that everything LINK aims to do can be easily done by cryptographically signing the data from the API source.
>muh next ETH

Link, 5 months in: 35 cents (3.5x ICO)
Ethereum, 5 months in: $5.50 (17x ICO)

Uh oh, pissed stinker incoming HAHA.....

>> No.29606360

>>29605246
Israel has no right to exist.

>> No.29606820

>>29605246
Sergey betrayed us all. We were supposed to be in this together

>> No.29606842

So Sergey didn't show up to work today after the long weekend and it got us all wondering. He didn't contact anyone that he'd be out of work today. About a week before Thanksgiving half a million dollars was taken out of the company card and when we asked Sergey what that was used for he just laughed to himself and said "you'll see," and when pressed to tell us he'd just say "Don't worry about it right now." I think we understand what happened.

The last time we saw him was at a Thanksgiving party he was throwing at his apartment. There was just so much food there.

He was drinking heavily and eating non stop, he basically had a beer in his left hand and something to eat in his right hand at all times. We were all there for about 4 hours and there was not one second where he wasn't eating or drinking. He even went to the bathroom a few times and was still just eating. The only time he put his beer down was when we were at the dinner table and he had to eat things that required two hands, and he'd often eat off of two plates at once one plate for each hand

>> No.29607053
File: 275 KB, 1024x1024, 1608434123438.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Link holders are absolutely delusional.

Link is the perfect normie coin. It's got a cool logo, it's $25/coin, and "muh oracles" is just technically sophisticated enough for normies to understand but too sophisticated for normies to dive deep enough to realize Link just isn't needed.

If smart contracts actually start being used in the real world (no, making ERC-20 scamcoins doesn't count) then some will require Oracles. But an Oracle is just a JSON parser with some voting mechanisms baked in. It's not something you need BILLIONS of dollars and YEARS to develop. It's not something you need "partnerships" for. You sit down, write the code, and you're done. Chainlink isn't in the Oracle business. They're a branding machine. Their sole objective is pumping the price of their asset, Link. An asset, by the way, they own 60% of. Yes, 60%.

When the time comes Oracles will be written on the native platform (probably Ethereum) and they'll use the native token (Ether). No one is going to need Link, no one is going to buy Link. Nobody will care. This project, along with all the other fad-projects will fade into obscurity. I won't speculate on price, this entire market is an irrational frenzy. Perhaps there is still room to grow, more money to be made

>> No.29607242

Chainlink is, and always has been, the quintessential crypto scam. You have Sergey, the uptight foreigner with supposedly big dreams and even bigger tech that simply will not or is not able to discuss the project in any sort of detail. You have the rest of the development team which does nothing but sit on Facebook all day making memes. And you have the project itself which is nothing short of, nothing. There's nothing there. It's an idea, and that's it. Consider how they chose their name, Chainlink. Everyone knows what a "chain" is, so right at the front you have a linguistic trap meant to capture the attention of those who are not well-versed in the blockchain. And then you have "link," a word with which many will be unfamiliar... unless you study the blockchain. If that's the case this word "link" is immediately intriguing, and perhaps worth investment. The entire scam is so beautiful that it's hard to believe these abject morons pulled it off. Almost makes me want to buy a single Chainlink, just to say I was a part of it all.

>> No.29607849

We've seen him have insane feasts before, these eating binges are pretty normal for him, he says its to keep his serotonin firing. But this was the next level. He'd be talking to you with his mouth full then he'd chuckle, say "hold on," then nonchalantly slurp down a bowl of loaded mashed potatoes, chug a carton of eggnog, decimate a whole platter of chicken wings, scarf down some corn bread, and after a few minutes of eating he'd go back to talking to you while eating a candy bar as if none of that just happened. And this went on for HOURS. We weren't even going to be there for too long because we had to go see our families but we were just so worried for him and he seemed out of breath by the end of the night. But he was got really angry when adelyn tried to get him to stop eating a pulled pork sandwich that he was dipping in a jar of nutella and he said that we were ruining his thanksgiving and to fuck off, so we didnt bother him the rest of the weekend and thought it'd be best for him to calm down and for us to see him on monday.

So after we didn't see him Adelyn went to go check on him this afternoon.. She just sent a message through our whatsapp group about an hour ago. Sergey is in a deep diabetic coma right now. His blood sugar got emergency levels high late saturday night and his blood got so thick that his bodies circulation system shut down. Apparently he ran out of the insulin his doctor gave him for the diabetes but he just kept plugging along anyway.

So he had a massive seizure and is in the intensive care unit in a deep coma as we speak. The doctors are unsure if he'll make it.

>> No.29607861

B E T R A Y
E
T
R
A
Y

>> No.29607992

There was one that made me die laughing where someone meets Sergey at some McDonalds and it turns into a homo erotic fan fiction

>> No.29608861

more

>> No.29609322

Where's the one about the "decentralized" camp system?

>> No.29609458
File: 250 KB, 2960x1770, 1612443209336.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>29607992
Sergey is the reason I work out. I have this fantasy where we start talking at the local McDonalds. We exchange a few pleasantries. He asks what I do. I say I loved him at the Ocean Protocol meetup. He laughs. I get my big mac. "Well, see ya," I say and walk away.
I've got his attention now. How many guys voluntarily leave a conversation with Sergey Nazarov? He touches his neck as he watches me leave. Later, as the night's dragged on and the coterie of gorgeous narcissists grows increasingly loose, he finds me on the balcony, my bowtie undone, smoking a cigarette. "Got a spare?" he asks. "What's in it for me?" I say as I hand him one of my little white ladies. he smiles. "Conversation with me, duh." I laugh.
"What's so funny?" he protests. "Nothing, nothing... It's just... don't you grow tired of the oracle problem?" "You get used to it," he says, lighting his cigarette and handing me back the lighter. "What would you do if you weren't a philosophy major?" I ask. "Teaching, I think." "And if I was your student, what would I be learning?" "Discipline," he says quickly, looking up into my eyes, before changing the subject. "Where are you from?" "Bermuda," I say. "Oh wow. That's lovely." "It's ok," I admit. "Not everything is to my liking." "What could possibly be not to your liking in Bermuda?" he inquires. "I don't like sand," I tell him. "It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere."

>> No.29609472

>>29607861
spbp
>>29606820
tpbp
>>29607861
8pbp

>> No.29609575
File: 57 KB, 1022x547, 1613643858635.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>29609322
remember when someone spammed "DECENTRALISED HOLOCAUST DECENTRALISED HOLOCAUST DECENTRALISED HOLOCAUST" in the chat at Smartcon at the end when Rory and Adelyne were wrapping up and both of them failed to hold their laughter?

>> No.29609632
File: 27 KB, 372x338, 1604460370014.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>29609458
>"And if I was your student, what would I be learning?"
"Discipline," he says quickly, looking up into my eyes, before changing the subject.

>> No.29609774
File: 147 KB, 732x1179, 1000EOY.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>wearing pants

>> No.29609801
File: 222 KB, 919x775, 1508105221612.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>29605246
SIBOS is priced in. Sorry, I wish it weren't so. But that's the way it is.

It's literally just a powerpoint demo of what we already know, run on an old dell laptop with toilets flushing in the background.

They're putting supercomputers in every major city which will render blockchain technology worthless. When are they doing this? December 2017. What's also happening December 2017? Oh what's that? THE IMAC PRO IS BEING RELEASED, PIC RELATED.

If you think this is just another consumer computer, you are sorely mistaken. OK, first off, the iMac Pro isn't for everyone. It's not even for high-end Mac users. To even begin to make use of the 8- to 18-cores that the Intel Xeon chip has to offer, the 32- to 128-gigabytes of high-end, error-correcting ECC RAM, the 10-gigabit Ethernet, or the pro-grade Vega GPU, you are going to have very specific workloads and high-end, high-performance software. This is not the machine for someone who would like to have a lot of tabs open in Safari, or who wants iMovie to go faster. The iMac Pro isn't just another Mac, it's a workstation-grade piece of hardware, and that comes with a workstation-grade price tag. And that price tag is $5000. That's a supercomputer price.

Linkies BTFO. I rest my case.

>> No.29609952

>>29609458
This is really good