[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 342 KB, 1267x542, bat.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
29643715 No.29643715 [Reply] [Original]

For those of you who are unaware, brave browser has a token which rewards users for viewing ads with BAT token.
Max supply 1.5b

whitepaper:https://basicattentiontoken.org/static-assets/documents/BasicAttentionTokenWhitePaper-4.pdf

recent news: https://brave.com/bat-roadmap-2-0

I predict if all goes to plan, BAT token will 50x-100x next year potentially. Realistic would be 10x, there's a huge untapped market in this, most people i know block ads and most ad companies use anti ad blockers, BAT can bridge the gap if done correctly.
I'm only holding 3000 and i'll likely sell before the bull is over and rebuy later at 20c.
Anyone else holding? whats your predictions and stack

>> No.29644002

>>29643715
I've got a 900 bat stack.....but i am holding for long term. 10$ EOY is my prediction.

>> No.29644224

>>29644002
you farming em on brave too? I think 20x EOY isn't that far fetched given the latest news

>> No.29645075

BUMP
stop fucking with food coins and get on this shit which has actual value to the future of internet browsing

>> No.29645171

>>29643715
I've been using brave for 2 years now, and the BAT wallet has never worked for me. Not once. "Future of the internet" my ass

>> No.29645236

>>29645171
what is your problem? are you not getting BAT or can't withdraw it?

>> No.29645631

>>29644224
Yes, farming on brave. Also got my wife to switch over to brave on all devices for additional bat gains.

>> No.29645819

>>29645631
its a no brainer to switch to brave, added privacy, faster and gives you free money

>> No.29645909

>>29645236
Not the guy, but whenever I tried to hit the get rewards or whatever nothing happens. Feels bad

>> No.29646145

>>29645909
go to brave://rewards
ads on, auto contribute off and you have to link a wallet from uphold, min withdraw is 20 or so, it's not worth going through uphold, gemini is available for creator accounts right now, they're definitely pushing to go non KYC but having a hard time.

>> No.29646242

>>29643715
There are a lot of pros to obtaining BAT. The concept behind it is incredibly catchy and the browser is highly practical.
But do BATbros have any deep-seated doubts within them that they hope the Brave team addresses? I have 10k+ BAT, but I still think about:
>What if Big Tech just steals the idea for themselves and implements their own tokens?
>What's stopping Google BAT?
>If BAT is a "utility token," is it still useful to have if I am not selling it to advertisers, and simply holding it instead?
>Can BAT perform this bullrun or will it falter like it has throughout the bear market? Will it be considered "too risky" even though it's so undervalued?
>Can BAT get the traction it needs this bullrun?
>Will somebody with a large platform try to FUD BAT and say it's somehow hurting the advertiser/consumer relationship?
>Is a 1 billion mcap justified at this point given the entire prospect of this project is that it completely destroys the 360B USD modern advertising landscape? That's a big promise
>Is BAT too ambitious for its time, similar to coins like Kleros and, to an extent, LINK? Can the masses bother to learn about BAT given the low BAT reward payouts?
Just sparking conversation, I think about this a lot. IIRC a lot of this isn't quite talked about on the website, though I know there's a lot in the works, as found in Roadmap 2.0 for Brave.

>> No.29646530

>>29646242
>What if Big Tech just steals the idea for themselves and implements their own tokens?
easier for them to adopt BAT than to steal it, coding takes time.
>What's stopping Google BAT?
nothing but time and effort meanwhile BAT could be rocketing above them
>If BAT is a "utility token," is it still useful to have if I am not selling it to advertisers, and simply holding it instead?
i think it wouldn't have much of an effect, they would just payout lower amounts of BAT for the same price.
>Can BAT get the traction it needs this bullrun?
maybe? probably not but i'm trying to shill it
>Will somebody with a large platform try to FUD BAT and say it's somehow hurting the advertiser/consumer relationship?
they could but its easy to argue it's better for advertisers and users alike
>Is a 1 billion mcap justified at this point given the entire prospect of this project is that it completely destroys the 360B USD modern advertising landscape? That's a big promise
dont know
>Is BAT too ambitious for its time, similar to coins like Kleros and, to an extent, LINK? Can the masses bother to learn about BAT given the low BAT reward payouts?
the masses will adopt brave browser as it's faster than chrome and has better privacy, then they will realise BAT has value and tell their friends about it
these are just my opinions

>> No.29646715

>>29643715
Ive only got 500 stack but thats okay because we're going to the fucking moon

>> No.29646745
File: 122 KB, 300x304, blastofftoheaven.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>29646530

based shill

>> No.29646951

>>29646530
Good responses, I think I tend to agree. The main hurdle I feel is getting people to adapt to a "new" browser, although it's really mostly the same as Chrome so it really shouldn't be hard. Perhaps the hardest part is getting yet another ad blocker. I tend to wonder if the Brave team is afraid to advertise their token/browser due to their stance on internet advertising.
Regarding price, I do see the momentum for BAT being primarily up, it's just that previous price action is so disheartening. For now, BAT seems to be on an upward trajectory in the medium term. Still, I just hope that it can really maintain it this time. Roadmap 2.0 was a great start to something great, and it seems that insiders bought before the news came out, and sold when it was all announced.
Volume looks good where we are now, and I really have no fears that price will go far below 800 sats any time soon. What would really make me more steadfast, though, is if BAT could decorrelate itself from BTC's movements. It is fully diluted, after all, and it seems to have bottomed out almost definitively. Also for the Brave team to show more tangible results for its millions of users. Sadly the Brave team is pretty small IIRC.
>TLDR: BAT goes up soon, but can it keep going up? Brave team pls

>> No.29647429

>>29646951
i think the biggest hurdle after normies adopting a new browser is extracting BAT, right now you can only do it with a verified uphold or gemini account, once they figure out how to get around KYC or make it better then that's when we'll see it rocketing up the top coins to top 30, this token compared to the rest of the top 100 has immense potential, it could easily be in the top 10 if enough people knew about it.
They expect brave to pull in 50m users this year, right now theyre at 25mill, the amount of users will correlate with the price of BAT, once. I think we're on a path of exponential growth with people adopting brave as their browser.

keep an eye on this page, https://store.brave.com/#/collections/nf-ts
you'll make a pretty penny if you get one of these early releases, some are going for upwards of 100k right now alone, not saying its worth that but it's definitely worth buying at 35-40 and selling for 10-100x that.

>> No.29647529

>>29643715
Were aware, were aware its shit

>> No.29648157

>>29647529
It -is- rather nice having dedicated FUDers pop in every thread. Glad to have you.

>> No.29648836

>>29648157
the more FUDers the more you know it's worth

>> No.29649325
File: 395 KB, 829x720, llenn_etto.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>tfw had auto-contribute on without realising it for a while
I don't think I lost too much overall to it though. The sadder part is I suspect those contributions just went to the void, sent to sites that weren't even set up to receive anything.

>> No.29650160

>>29649325
If that were true then it'd be a nice token burn at least, lol

>> No.29650688

>>29643715
I predict that Jennie will be just as cutie BOOTY tomorrow as she is today

>> No.29650836

>>29649325
It's likely recycled back into the big pool if there's no creator account setup for the website

>> No.29651377

The fud for Bat has jumped quite a hit recently. Not much will happen price wise until the dau/mau come up a bit.