[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 52 KB, 240x238, Bitcoin.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
29846933 No.29846933 [Reply] [Original]

I know this is the most common post you'll ever see here, but I'm looking into finally investing in some crypto, but I don't know where to start. Any of you care to share some experiences?

>> No.29847103

do NOT buy food (except maybe BAO) tokens, dog tokens, meme tokens, "still early tokens". buy xrp, 2000$ eoy.

>> No.29847497

>>29846933
Make an account on Binance and deposit some fiat.
You should get a good overview over popular coins/tokens, especially the ones with the highest market cap. Check out coingecko.

Nothing will compare to doing your own research, but I would recommend staying away from BTC and ETH.
ADA and DOT are good and safe choices right now.
Don't put in everything right away on the first day, but average it out over the next few days or weeks, since both are very volatile right now.

For lower cap tokens you just have to lurk around for a while and slowly learn to recognize which projects are worth putting some money into and which are just artificial pumps.
Always check out a projects website, the team behind it, etc.
As the other anon said NEVER buy food-tokens, animal-tokens, anything that sounds like a fucking joke.

>> No.29847641

>>29846933
if youre american and wanna stay legal just make a coinbase pro account and buy chainlink

and buy it all today. and move on with your life. dont average it out.

>> No.29847894

or just lurk and learn and buy nothing. wait for btc to crash and drag all other coins down and buy them at a 60% discount. read about the bitcoin halving.

>> No.29848173

>>29846933
>Be me
>Extra money
>Bro nagging for crypto invest
>It's sitting doing nothing anyway
>5x since, still not much but it was noticable
I think this pretty much sums up every plebs experience, someone gets them into it and they don't have a clue what's actually happening.
So i'm just lurking and grinding through books on it all.
Trying not to buy into fomo/fud and making fake invests atm.

>> No.29848277

>>29847497
don't listen to this newfag

>> No.29848351
File: 296 KB, 640x480, 666.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>29846933
definitely not biz, just learn how to leverage trade btc futures it's really not hard but the shitcoin shills on here will try to trick you into trading vaporware tokens on dexes with $400 trading fees because they think an exchange raking in millions of dollars in fees per day cares about their $30k life savings.

>> No.29848516

>>29846933

Make account on binance and buy some top 50 coins so you get your feet wet as >>29847497 said you cant go wrong with ada and dot, personally i would only buy dot since i believe it a superior project but an ada bro would say the opposite.

Dont fall for moon soon memes and the latest exhange token and dont chase green candles you will get rekt. When something is mooning its already too late to buy into(very very few exceptions) also stay away from telegram pump and dump groups.

Buy in the red sell in the green when you swinging and start doing your own research on projects so you find some long term holds.

You only lose money when you sell so even if the market dips if your hold project is good it will rebounce sooner or later, until you sell you are only down on paper nothing is realised.
Dont panic sell and use common sense.

Also here are some good sites you can use to keep track of things

Those are the indexes where you can see each coin
https://www.coingecko.com/en
https://coinmarketcap.com/

Here you can see what projects people actually pay to use and not just meme about
https://cryptofees.info/

Here you can see how much money is locked up in each defi (decentralised finance) project which would give you a good idea where money flows to
https://defipulse.com/
https://www.defistation.io/ (this one is for binance chain projects)

Here is a list of the richest people in crypto
https://explorer.btc.com/btc/top-address
if you see those people selling then crypto is dead or we are expecting a MAJOR correction soon although probably them selling would cause the correction in on itself so just stalk them to see what they are doing long term and get a feel, if you see them buying then stay strong and hold no matter what.

I would also recommend joining twitter so you can keep track of the general feel of the market.

And because i have to shill my bags, buy FET and KSM moon soon.

>> No.29848555

>>29846933
You need to go all the way into the rabbit hole right now. Take a two week vacation and dont leave your computer screen.

Quick rundown.
Ok there's bitcoin, you can send units with monetary value from person A to person B online. Cool. So that pumped.
Then there's Ethereum, you can do the same thing but write some code into your transaction. Like only pay person B if X happens.
Double cool. So that pumped too.
So this became popular and more popular than it could handle so the transactions dont fit through the door no more. They need to pay high fees to get preferential treatment.
People dont wanna pay high fees.
So then there's these 'ethereum killers' that supposedly have bigger doors and shit. So these pumped.
So now there's the Ethereum saviors that are saying yeah the door is pretty small but come upstairs we have a bigger door there and we have the same party.
So that's where it's at right now.
Best player here is a project called polygon or Matic and their app, quickswap.

DYOR

>> No.29848567

>>29846933
>>29848351
STAY THE FUCK AWAY FROM LEVERAGE TRADING

>> No.29849186
File: 1.33 MB, 506x396, 86D1FB79-135B-4A19-8B86-F278AA3DE5A9.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>29848555
Building on this, Now you have Ethereum that lets you send to users on “if, then” conditions known as smart contracts. That’s great but you can only trigger them through on chain code. It sure would be nice to have things in the real world like NASDAQ prices trigger smart contracts on the chain in a manner that doesn’t have only one person sitting at their computer imputing the data. That’s where Chainlink comes in, you can soon load your smart contract with chainlink tokens used to pay a bunch of NEETs to fetch data for you, all this data is aggregated and simplified to trigger the smart contract and pay the data providers. Oh and a bunch of big names already are already using it and it has zero competition

>> No.29849696

>>29846933
buy bitcoin when it costs 20k. Literally no reason to hurry with crypto-investment. Just wait for the market hype to die out, then buy

>> No.29850011

>>29848567
>t. dumbass who got rekt by using leverage that was too high
exactly what I'm talking about, a literal shitcoin shill
>And because i have to shill my bags, buy FET and KSM moon soon.
poors and noobs on this board don't realize that even traditional markets revolves around leverage, so does btc.

>> No.29850174
File: 1.37 MB, 828x1242, 1F514B2B-BFCE-4760-A3AB-4ED2CD68F5F7.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>29848555
For an even more basic example. Imagine a very attractive lady ordering food at a fine restaurant. The lady needs a waiter to get the food she wants. She tells the waiter to get her a Big Mac, and she will tip handsomely if the order is correct. In the real world, the waiter could fuck up the order, or worse, he hates the lady and wants to deliberately poison her.

Now imagine the lady gives her order to multiple waiters, and she will tip them all handsomely if the order is correct, but will only reward it to those who actually fulfill the correct order. Each waiter has their own incentive to make the order correct. They all confirm the order with each other to ensure it’s correct so they can get paid. Say one gets distracted because the lady’s tits are so huge and starts hacking off in the corner, or one still wants to poison her. They don’t matter because you have several other waiters competing to make the order correct. They get paid while the other ones don’t, and the lady still gets yer Big Mac

The lady is a requester of data for contracts representing billions of dollars
The order is the request for data
The waiters are the data providers being paid in chainlink
The restaurant is a Chainlink smart contract data pool
The Big Mac is the data

>> No.29850249
File: 1.13 MB, 1864x1111, EB858BD2-4A1C-44AC-83D6-2C93A66B90BA.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

You’ll ignore this but,
Don’t bother with altcoins.
Just buy Bitcoin.

>> No.29850605

>>29847497
>>29848516

These are good advice. RSR is a good one. It has good momentum now and still low, its cheap now and their aim is 1$ (go and check the price now). It's a new stable coin backed by dollars and crypto. If Dollar devalues so does USDT & other, this shouldnt.
Also Cardano and BNB should rise over the months. Cardano will get pumped hard next week.

>> No.29850790

>>29847103
fpbp

>> No.29850796

>>29846933
Look op, there's nothing gay about being attracted to trans women. It's actually more straight than being into straight women. Women today are masculinized and anti-feminine. They cuck, demean, and swindle the men who fall into their web. It's actually gay for dudes to like modern women. What kind of fag would want to be humiliated and submit to an angry feminist? But trans women? Trans women are feminine and actually WANT to be women. They want to serve their man. They want to make you a more masculine man. Plus, they know what it's like to actually be a man and so know what you want and need and feel. There's nothing more straight and manly than having sex with a trans woman, submitting her to your will. In the act, her womanhood is not acted upon, but is rather made by the act itself, made real in the very intention of truth as you make it. What can be more straight than that? Meanwhile, all the other normies are busy being bullied and cucked and robbed by the nasty natal-females.

>> No.29850811

>>29850249
/thread

>> No.29851472

>>29846933
buy rubic kind sir

>> No.29851578

>>29846933
I turned $5000 into $30000 in 3 weeks
I then turned $30000 into $3000 in 1 day
NEVER EVER buy on any site that isnt a pancakeswap clone or Binance

>> No.29851614

Get a Kraken account, buy all in in dogecoin. Wait a bit, it will blow up eventually

>> No.29852010

>>29851614
You should have sold Mitch.

>> No.29852133

>>29850011
So let me get this straight, you propose to a person that has absolutely no prior relations with the crypto market, a guy that literally doesnt even own even just a single coin atm, to start using leverage because ?????
How will he know where the general direction the market will move? Just yolo it?
So you either just want to give shitty advice and see people lose their money or you used leverage and lost everything and want others to lose so you dont feel that bad.
Stop being such a shithead

>> No.29852195

>>29851578
Thats pretty commendable though

>> No.29852309

>>29852133
well they never said they're new to investing/trading in general. But the general direction of the market is up, so just low leverage long. And no, I turned 1k into 30k with leverage after turning 4k of dust from 2013 into 1k due to biz shitcoins. But this thread is already over so stop bumping it >>29850249

>> No.29852381

>>29846933
I started on coinbase because I didnt know anything about trading and it was easy, but when i later switched to binance for the lower fees and more coins I got fucked on gas fees. So I would say dont start on coinbase

>> No.29852506

>>29852309
yeah because crypto behaves exactly like traditional markets and therefore if you know how to leverage on you can definitely do it on the other

its not the coins fault that you fell for scams its yours