Quantcast
[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / g / ic / jp / lit / sci / tg / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports / report a bug ] [ 4plebs / archived.moe / rbt ]

Due to resource constraints, /g/ and /tg/ will no longer be archived or available. Other archivers continue to archive these boards.Become a Patron!

/biz/ - Business & Finance


View post   

[ Toggle deleted replies ]
File: 679 KB, 559x727, external-content.duckduckgo.com.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
30304585 No.30304585 [Reply] [Original] [archived.moe]

>Bitcoin could prevent society from functioning and is an ‘extreme form of libertarian anarchism,’ warns this fund manager
>A portfolio manager at one of London’s leading hedge funds has warned that bitcoin, probably the best known cryptocurrency, has no real social utility other than as a tool for speculation and a means to launder the proceeds of crime.
https://www.marketwatch.com/story/bitcoin-could-prevent-society-from-functioning-and-is-an-extreme-form-of-libertarian-anarchism-warns-this-fund-manager-11614937228?mod=home-page

Very bullish desu.

>> No.30304686

>>30304585
Implying glowniggers didnt invent Bitcoin

>> No.30304738

Bullish for Monero

>> No.30304838

>>30304686
Yes CIA invented cryptos so that people could ignore monetary policy of the federal reserve and trade on a free global market. This makes sense, CIA does this sort of stuff all the time

>> No.30304943

>>30304585
What exactly do they mean if they say "society"?

>> No.30305007

>>30304585
>fudding his own investment

>> No.30305317

https://citywire.co.uk/wealth-manager/manager/tim-bond/d19123

>> No.30305352
File: 1.81 MB, 1129x7900, joke.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
30305352

>>30304585
Bitcoin is a scam

>> No.30305415
File: 743 KB, 768x960, chadterrorist.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
30305415

>>30304838
>trade on a free global market
Nobody does any "trading" with Bitcoin, mate, it's a simple ponzi

>> No.30305579
File: 906 KB, 2544x4000, 6vi93soyykr51.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
30305579

>>30305415
>Nobody does any "trading" with Bitcoin, mate,
HAAAAAAAAA HA HA HA HA HA HA
HHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA HAHAH AH AHA HA HAH AH HAH AHA HA HA HA HAHAHA
HHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA HAH AHA HA HA HAH AHA H
HAHA HA HA HA HA HA HA AH HA ah, ah....
*breathes*
*breathes*
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA
HAAAAAAAAAA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HAH HA HA
HAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA

>> No.30305820
File: 6 KB, 227x222, soyexc.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
30305820

>>30305579
>HAAAAAAAAA HA HA HA HA HA HA
>HHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA HAHAH AH AHA HA HAH AH HAH AHA HA HA HA HAHAHA
>HHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA HAH AHA HA HA HAH AHA H
>HAHA HA HA HA HA HA HA AH HA ah, ah....
>*breathes*
>*breathes*
>HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA
>HAAAAAAAAAA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HAH HA HA
>HAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA

>> No.30305867

>>30305820
kek

>> No.30305873
File: 31 KB, 601x508, 2f7.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
30305873

>>30305820

>> No.30305977
File: 75 KB, 530x500, rar.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
30305977

>>30305873
>I POSTED HA HA HA
>THAT MEANS BITCOIN IS A CURRENCY
>I WIN

>> No.30305978

>>30304838
I think the argument for it being brought about by the deep state comes is that perhaps we're being allowed to believe that crypto gives us individual sovereignty but in fact it's more of a way of getting us to onboard to a new system before the rugpull happens and we're forced to use CBDCs, taxed automatically and our assets frozen if we're bad citizens. I happen to think the truth probably lies somewhere in between the two extremes, as is so often the case in such matters.

>> No.30306063
File: 4 KB, 454x520, ERR9y86UEAc8I3V.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
30306063

>>30305977
>MUH PONZI!!!!! MUH GME!!!!!

>> No.30306182
File: 39 KB, 490x200, AH.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
30306182

>>30306063
>I'M STILL EVADING THE POINT BECAUSE I SO OBVIOUSLY WON

>> No.30306300
File: 453 KB, 2070x1780, 1614896936314.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
30306300

>>30306182
>WHY WON'T HE TAKE ME SERIOUSLY BROS I SAID PONZI BROS WHY ISNT GME GOING BACK UP BROS

>> No.30306396
File: 26 KB, 644x800, soyjack.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
30306396

>>30306300
>I love $100 transaction-fees and 3-day transaction times

>> No.30306643
File: 113 KB, 625x682, 454545.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
30306643

>>30306396
>Doesn't know what 'ponzi' means
>MUH TRANSACTION FEES
psst psst
transaction fees only go up if people are trading it
: )

>> No.30306876

>>30306396
>>30306643
ah yes classic 4chan sperg flamewars

you big boys need to go beddy byes, might be a little agitated

>> No.30306911
File: 352 KB, 1291x2100, santiagorussiagold.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
30306911

>>30306643
Bitcoin has $100 fees when only 0.01% of the world population tries to trade with it

And it's going to be the next money of the world

Makes perfect sense mate

Let's just hope that you can convince the Russians to give you oil and other commodities in exchange for your scamcoin

>> No.30307122
File: 39 KB, 644x500, zy8u9akn2zz21.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
30307122

>>30306911
>Bitcoin has $100 fees when only 0.01% of the world population tries to trade with it
Almost like the dollar's value is weakening. I wonder what could be causing people to want to spend more money on trading bitcoin than holding dollars...
>MUH PONZI!!!!

>> No.30307311
File: 66 KB, 680x736, d9d.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
30307311

>>30307122
>My scamcoin is worthless as a currency when even a few thousand people try to make use of it so it's definitely going to replace gold

>Russia won't just make their currency convertible into gold with a stroke of a pen and continue to use the modern banking system, they'll give away their hard-won commodities in exchange for my thin-air scamcoin which accomplishes nothing

>> No.30307357

>>30306911
Have sexual intercourse
>>30305978
>onboard to a new system before the rugpull happens and we're forced to use CBDCs, taxed automatically and our assets frozen if we're bad citizens
Nothing to do with crypto. Fed Coin, Digital Yuan, that's not crypto, not on blockchain, just government owned databases. If anything crypto has introduced millions of people to the idea that you don't need actually need government to have free trade. I don't see how that's an idea a government would want to promote

>> No.30307399

>>30304585
Massive buy signal

>> No.30307404
File: 168 KB, 1600x900, 1614889788432.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
30307404

>IT'S A SCAME
>NO IT'S NOT IT'S A CURRENCY
>YES IT IS
>NO IT'S NOT
>SHUT UP
>NO YOU SHUT UP
great thread

>> No.30307426

>>30305873
>>30305977
You need to take this to >>>/lgbt/

>> No.30307487

>>30305978
>I happen to think the truth probably lies somewhere in between the two extremes, as is so often the case in such matters.
I happen to think your wit lies somewhere between the two extremes, as is so often the case on such boards.

>> No.30307510
File: 222 KB, 860x815, 296-2964915_pink-wojak-hd-png-download-pink-wojak-transparent.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
30307510

>>30307311
>NO BROS THEY HAVE TO USE GOLD BROS BROS THIS DIDNT CAUSE ANY ISSUES IN THE 70S THEY HAVE TO DO IT AGAIN THEY HAVE TO MUH PONZI OH GOD WHY IS IT GOING UP

>> No.30307603
File: 9 KB, 150x141, soyjak nose.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
30307603

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO YOU HAVE TO USE OUR FIAT GOY CURRENCY

>> No.30307685

>>30305978
High iq take. If they did create it, that would most likely be the reason. But if they didn't, I'm suprised nakomota didnt suicide. Remaining anonymous was either an extremely intelligent move, or they are him. Decentralization normally gets you suicided. For example, D u n c a n L e m p. Either way, whether they created it or not, it seems to be bigger than their control

>> No.30307766
File: 63 KB, 871x920, smile.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
30307766

>>30307510
>NO BROS THEY HAVE TO USE GOLD BROS BROS THIS DIDNT CAUSE ANY ISSUES IN THE 70S

What issues are you talking about? Gold didn't cause any issues in the '70s, it simply went up 25x and made fortunes for investors and exposed the highly-inflationary government policies which had been going on. If the Fed had actually re-adopted gold in the '70s then the U. S. would have returned to a sound monetary policy and we'd have avoided 40 years of wars and socialism and tyranny.

>> No.30307858

>>30304585
>libertarian anarchism
I don't see a problem

>> No.30308006
File: 32 KB, 396x301, 1489185421701.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
30308006

they all slept on us

>> No.30308092
File: 97 KB, 593x563, swaaaanigga.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
30308092

>>30307766
>What issues are you talking about? Gold didn't cause any issues in the '70s,
Seriously? Why do you think the US, the country with the largest gold reserves in the world (at the time no idea now), stopped using gold backed currency?
They ran out of gold.
Why did that happen?
Because it makes more sense to hold gold than to spend it.
Which is the exact same thing you're criticizing bitcoin for, yet bitcoin is a far, far more liquid and transferable asset than mailing bars of gold.
>BUT MUH PONZI!!! MUH FEES!!!
Literally all of those criticisms also apply to gold. Using anything other than gold backed paper derivatives (ie, fake gold) is going to accrue massive liquidity fees.
>MUH ELECTRONICS!!!!!
If gold's price was based on its industrial use case it'd be worth less than copper. Ie, if that's actually how the markets worked, gold would be overvalued.
This is extremely basic stuff. This is why
>MUH PONZI!!!!
Makes you sound ridiculous.

>> No.30308183

>>30307122
> I wonder what could be causing people to want to spend more money on trading bitcoin than holding dollars...

the same reason thats been causing people to buy AMZN, TWTR or FB for years: liquidity starved inverstors piling on.
ever wondered why your precious crypto always trails other assets markets?
Because BTC is just an empty asset, no fundamentals whatsoever besides the value that yield starved investors decide to collectively grant it

>> No.30308458
File: 84 KB, 500x500, wjc.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
30308458

>>30308092

>They ran out of gold.
>Why did that happen?

Because the U. S. was reckless. It spent too much and saved too little. It then proceeded to invade many countries and kill many people in order to delay the day of reckoning for that recklessness. But it's here now. And the world is going to make America pay.

>> No.30308473
File: 10 KB, 243x207, images.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
30308473

>>30308183
>the same reason thats been causing people to buy AMZN, TWTR or FB for years: liquidity starved inverstors piling on.
Except, just like other commodities, the fundamentals of bitcoin itself never change.
Your "liquidity starved" argument is the same argument that every single commodity and deflationary asset is a liquidity starved ponzi.
Have you ever thought to consider WHY there would be more buyers than sellers of bitcoin?
>Nobody drives in new york, there's too much traffic

>> No.30308572
File: 242 KB, 500x272, 1614967772379.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
30308572

>> No.30308696
File: 12 KB, 225x225, images.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
30308696

>>30308458
>Because the U. S. was reckless. It spent too much and saved too little
But if gold was such an amazing asset, then surely they could just sell off some of their economy for more gold.
They couldn't, because physical gold has massive liquidity problems that bitcoin's digital nature actually solves.
Because it totally doesn't make more sense for banks to hoard gold and scalp the US government than for banks to trade gold reserves amongst each other.

>> No.30308705

>>30308458
>They ran out of gold
They ran out bc their is a finite supply, anon. If every dollar is tied to a dollar of gold value, then every dollar needs corresponding gold value to exist. But, what happens when your economy grows so fast, that it supercedes the amount of value their is in gold? What happens when you have the means to grow beyond the value you have in gold? That is what happened, and why they moved off the gold standard. The market cap wasn't big enough

>> No.30308808

>>30308696
If your spending exceeds your savings and production then you deserve to be poor. That's how economic justice operates. America has got away with delaying its poverty by killing people. That's now coming to an end. World isn't going to put up with it any more and Americans themselves don't want this corrupt oligarchy ruling over them any more and imposing the Great Reset tyranny on them.

>> No.30308946

>>30308808
>If your spending exceeds your savings and production then you deserve to be poor
I don't care about the US economy right now. I'm not talking about that, I'm only talking about gold.
Think about it. If the US didn't face gold liquidity problems, it could have just sold off some of its then functional economy (US economy was way stronger in the 60s/70s) for more physical gold to back their paper. There'd be a short term loss but it'd ensure currency and wealth security.
They literally couldn't. So they were forced to unpeg the dollar to gold. Gold literally failed as a transferable, deflationary financial instrument and bitcoin is efficient enough to play that role better than gold can.

>> No.30309033
File: 14 KB, 930x780, R9f897084d3397c96a5b9f9713012ee3e.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
30309033

>>30304686
>Implying glowniggers didnt invent Bitcoin

>> No.30309099

>>30304585
Libertarian extremists must be stopped

>> No.30309155
File: 612 KB, 1439x2198, Screenshot_20210305-173232_Mimi.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
30309155

>/biz/

>> No.30309202
File: 145 KB, 1016x949, juststartyourownbank.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
30309202

>>30308946
Gold did its job correctly. The U. S. spent too much on extravagant social programmes and wars which it couldn't afford, and was going to pay the rightful consequences of that recklessness. It would have paid them in full if it hadn't then defrauded the world and pulled the rug out and continued to impose the dollar on the world as an unbacked fiat-money system. The dollar system has been a system of slavery which has allowed America to consume the fruits of the rest of the world's industry at the rest of the world's expense. This economic injustice will soon be righted when the rest of mankind completes Gaddafi's mission and dumps the dollar and returns to gold. Oppressed nations which were formerly third-world and second-world will become first-world, and vice versa.

>> No.30309281

yeah bitcoin could work. Except for one thing
>Human nature

>> No.30309282

>>30304585
Trying to lower the price so they can accumulate more.
Imagine thinking that all the biggest Jewish run institutions don't own a fuckton of BTC.

>> No.30309355

>>30304838
Well, that is kind of what happened with Tor, innit?

>> No.30309411

>>30304585
>bitcoin has no real social utility other than as a tool for speculation
and he's correct

>> No.30309495
File: 168 KB, 900x1024, 1612905116107.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
30309495

>>30309202
>The dollar system has been a system of slavery which has allowed America to consume the fruits of the rest of the world's industry at the rest of the world's expense. This economic injustice will soon be righted when the rest of mankind completes Gaddafi's mission and dumps the dollar and returns to gold. Oppressed nations which were formerly third-world and second-world will become first-world, and vice versa.
>>>/pol/
We only talk about finances here. Not ideology.
>Gold did its job correctly. The U. S. spent too much on extravagant social programmes and wars which it couldn't afford
Wrong. Again, if gold was doing its job correctly, the US could have just experienced a short term minor liquidation to buy up the gold reserves and keep the country's economy healthy. The economy went to shit after the 50s and 60s, not before.
They couldn't, because a paper derivative system backed by gold can't overcome the inherent massive liquidity issues that gold has. Again, the US had the largest gold reserves in the world and still couldn't find enough gold out there to back their currency.
If gold was liquid enough, they could have, but instead, banks hoarded it and scalped the economies that needed it.
This potential situation is the same situation that gold bugs criticize bitcoin for, yet they don't realize that gold also failed to maintain liquidity when banks hoarded their gold in the 70s. Bitcoin is far more liquid and transferable than gold, so bitcoin even plays the role of gold better than gold does.

>> No.30309554

>>30308092
>>30308458
Faggots. Both gold and BTC are trash.

>> No.30309646

>>30308696
>gold reserve "failed" because of "liquidity problems"
Lmao this is the dumbest fucking thing said on this board today

>> No.30309763

>>30309495

>>>/pol/
We only talk about finances here. Not ideology.


When did he bring up ideology? He's talking about economics and finances

>> No.30309791

>>30308473
>Have you ever thought to consider WHY there would be more buyers than sellers of bitcoin?
Have you ever thought to consider why there would be more buyers than sellers of fucking Facebook? Or any of the other unicorns that report huge debts year over year?

>> No.30309805
File: 154 KB, 1024x744, img_0540-1_arrow (1).jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
30309805

>>30309495
>Again, if gold was doing its job correctly, the US could have just experienced a short term minor liquidation to buy up the gold reserves and keep the country's economy healthy

America didn't have enough production to buy the gold it needed. Therefore it was spending too much and needed to reduce spending. No country deserves to enjoy a magic money tree of perpetual spending at the rest of the world's expense.

>The economy went to shit after the 50s and 60s

You mean after 1971 (https://wtfhappenedin1971.com/), the precise reason being that the U. S. left the gold standard and its financial mismanagement was exposed.

>Bitcoin is far more liquid and transferable than gold,

No, it's not. It's completely useless, not liquid at all. Read this image carefully. >>30305352 Not even 0.1% of mankind could use BTC as a currency even on the LN. BTC is broken rubbish and obsolete useless tech. Using gold as money is as simple as signing a piece of paper and saying that your currency is now convertible into gold. Then you carry on using the perfectly-efficient modern banking system. Russia and China and the rest of Asia are going to do this and there is nothing you do to stop them, and no, I'm sorry to announce that they won't give you the fruits of their labour in exchange for scamcoins.

>> No.30309823
File: 156 KB, 1000x813, muh fiat.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
30309823

>>30309554
>MUH FIAT
>>30309646
Do you not know what "liquidity problem" means? That means that there was a gold shortage. Ie, no sellers and only buyers. It makes more sense to just hold onto your gold and sell owernship based off of paper derivatives because physical gold is so hard to transfer.
Bitcoin solves this issue, by being digital and by allowing people to store an infinite amount on their own computers. More liquidity, while still being a deflationary asset, the better it is for the backing of a currency (or currency itself).

>> No.30309835

>>30304585
either it's a speculative scam or a real threat to the current system, there isn't any in between. why is he implying it's both?

>> No.30309862

>>30309495
>Bitcoin is far more liquid and transferable than gold
Kek

>> No.30309905

>>30309805
>No, it's not. It's completely useless, not liquid at all. Read this image carefully. >>30305352 Not even 0.1% of mankind could use BTC as a currency even on the LN
You do know that the price of transferring a literal physical gold bar is far higher than bitcoin, and especially far higher than other cryptocurrencies, right?

>> No.30310004

>>30304585
>extreme form of libertarian anarchism
This sounds extremely based. Problem, Shecklestein?

>> No.30310034

>>30309905

You don't need to transfer physical gold bars from place to place to use gold as a currency. The mere promise that your currency is redeemable into gold, along with regular independent audits to prove the existence of the gold in your country's vaults is sufficient. Then you simply make use of the currency in our modern banking system, which is 1000x more efficient than BTC. Very simple.

>> No.30310037

After learning how erc20 tokens and watching all these pumps I now realize how something not even remotely tangible is so utterly worthless
My short foray into crypto trading has taught me how important it is to remember these are just funny numbers on a screen
The west is finished

>> No.30310048

>>30309823
>no sellers and only buyers. It makes more sense to just hold onto your gold and sell owernship based off of paper derivatives because physical gold is so hard to transfer.
Holy shit you really have no clue what youre talking about. How is trading in paper derivatives mean there was a liquidity crisis? Absolute state of zoomers on this board

>> No.30310060

>>30309823
Nope. Fiat is trash as well. The only valuable thing in life is beer.

>> No.30310065

>>30310034
>The mere promise that your currency is redeemable into gold, along with regular independent audits to prove the existence of the gold in your country's vaults is sufficient
Yet gold FAILED at playing this role. Why do you keep falling for it?

>> No.30310067
File: 48 KB, 474x427, 2C590C25-57A9-495B-9AD9-37250A27B976.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
30310067

Bitcoin sabotages the Spic-Nig cycle.

>> No.30310091

>>30310037
Erc20 tokens != crypto

>> No.30310137

>>30310065
>Yet gold FAILED at playing this role. Why do you keep falling for it?

It didn't fail. It built the most prosperous and advanced nations in the history of man (19th-century Britain and America). We're failing now precisely because we did away with the system.

>> No.30310167
File: 1.17 MB, 1242x2014, 1614880889828.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
30310167

>>30307766
This faggot trying to quote like he's still on reddit. Go back, please

>> No.30310206

>>30310137
If a paper backed gold derivative system was viable, why did every nation that used to use it, stop using it? It's because that system was a failure. Complete and utter failure.

>> No.30310215
File: 5 KB, 599x360, 611.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
30310215

>>30310167
>You pressed the enter key twice at some point in your post, that means you're from Reddit

>> No.30310227

>>30304838
I mean at the moment bitcoin strengthens dollar supremecy bc its used as a bridge currency to dollarise in high inflation countries

>> No.30310237

>>30310034
https://www.prudentpressagency.com/el-dorado-from-maduro-the-illegal-route-to-sell-venezuela-gold/
not your vault not your gold faggot
imagine going through these kinds of ridiculous court proceedings just to get what's rightfully yours.

>> No.30310299

>>30310206
It wasn't a choice. As I said in my earlier posts, the dollar system is a species of tyranny. Saddam tried to resist it, Gaddafi tried to resist it, Iran is trying to resist it, Venezuela is trying to resist it, Syria is trying to resist it. China and Russia will finally succeed in resisting it because they are now too powerful simply to be murdered like Gaddafi and the Libyans or Saddam and the Iraqis.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuqZfaj34nc&ab_channel=RT

>> No.30310334

>>30310067
How?
You do know most pro-crypto faggots are redditors who love niggers?
The only thing I'm going to invest in from now on is advancements in nuclear weaponry. Maybe we can finally end clown-world.

>> No.30310350

>>30304585
Translation: "We jews control the payment processors everywhere except Cryptocurrency and can't shutdown ebil Nazis from telling the truth about us".

>> No.30310353

>>30310237
When did I ever advocate for keeping your nation's gold in another nation's vault? You're imagining words into my posts.

>> No.30310374

>>30305415
I paid my VPN with it

>> No.30310395
File: 56 KB, 612x375, thumbnail_dfc4e9962d10c09d89f634af.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
30310395

>>30310215
>>You pressed the enter key twice at some point in your post, that means you're from Reddit

>> No.30310396

>>30310299
>It wasn't a choice.
It wasn't a choice because the gold backed derivative system was completely flawed from the start and exploded on them.
>As I said in my earlier posts, the dollar system is a species of tyranny. Saddam tried to resist it, Gaddafi tried to resist it, Iran is trying to resist it, Venezuela is trying to resist it
>>>/pol/

>> No.30310433

>>30310353
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Executive_Order_6102
yes sir i certainly trust my own government to hold up their end of the bargain too

>> No.30310449

>>30310350
>We jews control the payment processors everywhere except Cryptocurrency

Bitcoin is controlled by such fine upstanding people as Henri de Castries, Chairman of the Bilderberg Group, Glenn Hutchins the Director of the Fed at New York, and other similar investors into Blockstream. >>30305352

>> No.30310457
File: 154 KB, 900x1169, Rccd0a9f585df480fd9de723824c739ba.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
30310457

>>30310433
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Executive_Order_6102
>yes sir i certainly trust my own government to hold up their end of the bargain too
HAHAHAHAHAHAA GOOD ONE

>> No.30310547

>>30310433
Now you're shifting the question to that of private ownership of gold and fears of gold confiscation. That's a completely separate subject from the question of BTC vs gold and which one of the two is going to win as money. I can have it if you like but simply bear in mind that it's a completely different topic for discussion. If Asia dumps the dollar and demands gold then it doesn't matter if the U. S. bans gold or confiscates it for private citizens; it's going to be money and there's nothing you can do about that.

>> No.30310584

>>30304585
Marketwatch is the biggest boomer piece of trash there is. Looked the other day, the only articles are about divorces, how bitcoin is a scam, and things millennials do that boomers hate because it infringes on their easy existence (such as bitcoin)

>> No.30310688

>>30310547
>Now you're shifting the question to that of private ownership of gold and fears of gold confiscation. That's a completely separate subject from the question of BTC vs gold and which one of the two is going to win as money
No it isn't.
The whole reason that gold is a failed financial instrument is because it's not transferable. The liquidity fees for transfering physical gold is too high.
This means that the only way to use gold is a paper backed derivative system like the pre 70s USD. This system DOES NOT WORK, and every country that tried to use it has had the rug pulled out from under them.
Bitcoin solves this issue by making bitcoin more efficient and transferable than gold, lowering liquidity fees, lowering the costs to store it (1 computer can store a near infinite amount), etc.
This is why bitcoin is a far better instrument than gold.

>> No.30310764

>>30310547
okay, back to the point of national reserves.... countries keep their gold reserves in other countries all the time. just because they don't have to do doesn't mean they aren't, and getting it back is always a big hassle. Venezuela is not the only country that does this. The US holds gold reserves for a bunch of countries and it's not easy for them to get it back.

>> No.30310778

>>30304585
God, I hate how all these hedgefund fucks wrap themselves in environmentalist camouflage.

>> No.30310841

>>30310688
>The whole reason that gold is a failed financial instrument is because it's not transferable

We've already been over this anon. Gold is perfectly liquid and perfectly transmissible. All you do is make your nation's currency convertible into gold with the stroke of a pen and then that's it, you're done, >>30310034 gold is just as good as fiat for any transaction you want to make.

>> No.30310960

>>30310841
>All you do is make your nation's currency convertible into gold with the stroke of a pen and then that's it, you're done
THAT DIDN'T WORK. If it was that easy, then the US would not have transferred to unbacked fiat, and every single nation's currency throughout the entire world would not have transferred to unbacked fiat.
You're being delusional.

>> No.30311252

Holy shit guys, I never thought about how much time and energy is spent guarding reserves in like fort knox. it's possible that this vault alone has more of an environmental impact than BTC does
https://www.rd.com/article/fort-knox-security/
40,000 people are employed full time guarding this shit

>> No.30311322

>>30310960
>THAT DIDN'T WORK. If it was that easy, then the US would not have transferred to unbacked fiat

It did work. It worked perfectly. The gold standard made America into one of the most prosperous nations in history. It stopped "working" only insofar as America spent too much and saved too little and then effectively defaulted. The default should have been the beginning of a new era of saving and production, but America then imposed an evil system of fiat-money on the world, to buy up its resources for worthless paper, and proceeded to invade every country on earth which resisted that system. And it was successful in doing so to a point. But that point has now come to an end. And now we're here. And it's over. And America is going to pay the consequences for everything it did.

>> No.30311374

>>30311252
is there anything even in there?

people always tell me theres nothing in there. its never been audited either, If I remember correctly. so what gives?

>> No.30311418

>>30310215
Yes, go back

>> No.30311431 [DELETED] 

>>30311252
>it's possible that this vault alone has more of an environmental impact than BTC does
and that's just the cost of energy to securely store gold... not the cost of the energy to transfer around the literal tons that exist. BTC costs nothing to store.
It did work. It worked perfectly. The gold standard made America into one of the most prosperous nations in history. It stopped "working" only insofar as America spent too much and saved too little and then effectively defaulted
It only stopped working once we moved out from the fucking 40s and 50s into a globalized economy in the 70s and 80s. The liquidity of gold DOES NOT WORK IN CURRENT YEAR. GOLD DOES NOT SCALE.

>> No.30311477

>>30311374
i have no idea, maybe it's a decoy. but it's not even the only gold reserve on the planet... even mining/refining costs aside, how much money is spent and what is the carbon footprint guarding this shitcoin on a global scale?

>> No.30311545

>>30311252
>it's possible that this vault alone has more of an environmental impact than BTC does
and that's just the cost of energy to securely store gold... not the cost of the energy to transfer around the literal tons that exist. BTC costs nothing to store.
>>30311322
>It did work. It worked perfectly. The gold standard made America into one of the most prosperous nations in history. It stopped "working" only insofar as America spent too much and saved too little and then effectively defaulted
It only stopped working once we moved out from the fucking 40s and 50s into a globalized economy in the 70s and 80s. The liquidity of gold DOES NOT WORK IN CURRENT YEAR. GOLD DOES NOT SCALE. It has massive fundamental liquidity issues that cannot be fixed.

>> No.30311591

>>30311477
>gold is now a shitcoin according to /biz/
Amazing

>> No.30311673
File: 136 KB, 699x700, wojj.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
30311673

>>30311545
We're talking in circles at this point so we'll simply have to agree to disagree. Everything that you're saying has been addressed in my previous posts.

>> No.30311761

>>30311673
>agree to disagree
No. You refuse to see the truth and are remaining delusional and running instead of acknowledging that the system you want to go back to already failed. Gold is good for the romans, not for the far larger globalized economy we have today. Nothing will ever change that about gold, and it's why we NEED bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies.

>> No.30311806

>>30311545
Yes I'm starting to see things more clearly, BTC costs nothing to store because it is all secured by mining subsidies and tx fees. so when people say BTC has this much environmental impact per transaction they are being disingenuous. even $500/tx would be cheap if you consider the enormous costs associated with storing it.

>> No.30311846

>>30311477
>>30311591
well either way, its never been audited, so we can safely assume theres nothing in there. which unironically makes it a shitcoin.

>> No.30311872

>>30311806
>storing it
storing gold*

>> No.30311911
File: 153 KB, 680x534, 1614653942354.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
30311911

>>30311761
>YOU DISAGREED WITH ME WHICH MEANS YOU'RE AN IDIOT AND YOU CAN'T SEE THE TRUTH AND YOU'RE DELUSIONAL AND--

All right, anon. All right.

>> No.30311953

>>30311806
>BTC costs nothing to store because it is all secured by mining subsidies and tx fees
No, mining and transaction fees are what makes bitcoin expensive to transfer.
The better equivalent to transaction fees would be the costs of sending gold from one bank to the other -- ie snail mail, which is even more expensive than just storing gold.
Bitcoin literally costs nothing to store because of encryption. 12 words gives you access to the bitcoin you own, and all that costs is the price of a single sheet of paper (or even just the price of your memory, if you're capable of that).

>> No.30311961
File: 70 KB, 680x680, 1453401581777.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
30311961

>>30304585
>means to launder the proceeds of crime
dude, the government is basically organized crime. They secretly have a hard on for BTC, thats why its still allowed to exist

>> No.30312093

>>30311953
those fees that people pay for transactions secure the network so that miners keep mining and making everyones coins safer. the more proof of work and the more blocks that get mined the more secure your coins are

>> No.30312149
File: 44 KB, 333x504, 1582348919006.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
30312149

>>30311911
>Facts and logic
>History
>Previous failiures
>Nothing to back up your claims except "I disagree"
Yes, you are delusional. This is what delusion looks like. When instead of facing the facts you decide to run away because you can't acknowledge the truth.

>> No.30312269

all this thread has done is further convince me that BTC is going to hit $1M/coin minimum in the next decade. I'm definitely not selling anytime soon(or maybe ever)

>> No.30312279

>>30312093
>the more proof of work and the more blocks that get mined the more secure your coins are
PoS systems are even more efficient and require no mining and only charge you for transferring your coins. That's why mining/staking/any other kind of blockchain security is more akin to snail mailing your gold bars rather than storing it. The costs for securely storing crypto are nothing, while the costs for transferring crypto are something. The costs for securely storing gold is extremely high, and the costs for securely transferring gold are even higher.

>> No.30312427
File: 10 KB, 501x585, 1612239566683.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
30312427

fellow white people, buy stonks or bonds

>> No.30312466

>>30312279
If transaction fees are low then I don't trust the network
BTC is time tested
I am not saying that another coin isn't going to flip BTC in marketcap eventually (cumulative derivatives market is bigger than gold marketcap for example), but BTC isn't going anywhere

>> No.30312520

>>30310334
Without fiat all kinds of malinvestment become untenable. S-N will be one of the first to go. Read between the lines, the fact we got midwit SJWs to support crypto is ironically awesome.

>> No.30312705

>>30312466
>but BTC isn't going anywhere
In the short term, ie for this current economic upheaval we're about to have, I agree.
However, that's not to say the more efficient systems don't already exist. Costs are not what make something secure, fundamental secure practices like encryption are. This is why despite the fact that gold's costs are more expensive, bitcoin is a better system. The same logic applies from bitcoin to other systems, and it's why functionalities like smart contracts and token minting are the future (and not possible with bitcoin).
That future's not here yet though, I mean, bitcoin is already semi-illiquid but governments and economies are always behind actual value. If they weren't, we wouldn't have bubbles. Right now is the time for a massive bitcoin bubble for the next decade or two, at least.

>> No.30313054

>>30310334
Just to be doubly clear, i have no doubt that most redditors vote to print fiat for nigs. But how many redditors are selling BTC to give to nigs?

>> No.30313142

>>30308572
you could make a really good video out of this with Daft Punk - Around the World

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwDns8x3Jb4

>> No.30313197
File: 1.04 MB, 2429x2939, 555.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
30313197

>>30313054
You realize this hatred for minorities is how you retards got conned into voting for a fiat system in the first place, right?

>> No.30313207

>>30308572
>>30313142
HAHAHA holy fuck it follows the same beat/time sig

>> No.30313306

>>30310048
I didn't answer this one so I will now
>How is trading in paper derivatives mean there was a liquidity crisis?
It means that it wasn't cheap enough and there wasn't enough gold to go around for people to trade pieces of metal among themselves in a globalized economy,

>> No.30313387

>>30313306
>>30313197
>>30312705
FOR GODS SAKE PLEASE HAVE SEX

>> No.30313477
File: 65 KB, 1068x601, gigachad.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
30313477

>>30313387
>FOR GODS SAKE PLEASE HAVE SEX
Nah.

>> No.30313560

>>30313197
LBJ ushered in the spic nig economy and the modern endless war economy, not Nixon. Both systems depend on fiat. But fuck Nixon too of course. Fuck Washington too

>> No.30313562
File: 452 KB, 1424x856, 1597764557013.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
30313562

>real extreme form of libertarian anarchism

>> No.30313692
File: 1006 KB, 744x794, everytime.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
30313692

>>30304585
>Rupert Steiner
also just noticed this. every fucking time.

>> No.30313733

>>30313560
>LBJ ushered in the spic nig economy and the modern endless war economy, not Nixon
No, FDR and Truman ushered in the endlesss war economy.
Actually probably the Monroe Doctrine ushered in the endless war economy.
Minorities are no better or worse than whites. They come from less educated places sure, but if given the economic opportunities, minorities will replace whites in everything.
The war economy that america was built off of (and the british empire before them) is inherently unsustainable as technology advances. Mexicans and such were only able to move into America because its economy weakened over time, because war economies are not sustainable when war isn't sustainable.

>> No.30313812

two ways out of hyperinflation: war or revolution

we chose revolution. this time it's financial; crypto is that revolution

btc 10m 2030.

>> No.30313892

>>30313812
economic warfare has already proven to be superior/effective

>> No.30314179

>>30313733
I agree with you, i just call vietnam the modern endless war economy as opposed to WWI and WWII that actually had ends. But yeah, the Korean war is probably the first actual (modern) endless war at least technically.
I’m a Tory though and believe the wars of the crown were relatively restrained and were conducted as a form of sport (Treitschke) that was also towards an end. Not an end in themselves as America has had since its founding.
The UK always had a harder currency than the US and hard currencies keep wars short(er).

>> No.30314451

>>30314179
>I’m a Tory though and believe the wars of the crown were relatively restrained and were conducted as a form of sport (Treitschke) that was also towards an end. Not an end in themselves as America has had since its founding.
The british empire fell way after the influence of the crown did, though. The crown needs subjects to give it wealth, and that wealth can only be squeezed so much until you have to find more subjects. That's because the rate at which these war governments extract wealth is faster than the rate at which the economy grows, ie, unsustainability.
Our economies could grow into space, forever and ever, if long term profits are prioritized over short term crisises. Of course, if we can't get over that because we're to obsessed with hating minorities or perpetuating other worthless practices, we'll never make it to mars and have to resort to great reset socialism.
Oh well.

>> No.30315926

>>30310215
>he typed words
REDDIT

>> No.30316529

>>30305415
I just bought a new computer with it you dumb gorilla.

>> No.30316601

Currency backed 1:1 as a financial instrument.

It’s ANARCHY! We need derivatives of derivatives on derivatives for money to function!!!!

>>
Name (leave empty)
Comment (leave empty)
Name
E-mail
Subject
Comment
Password [?]Password used for file deletion.
Captcha
Action