[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 62 KB, 1080x631, 1607460439593.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
30387110 No.30387110 [Reply] [Original]

Am I a failure? I have a modest high intelligence, was tested several times. I also studied STEM and got a job right away. However, I lack any specials skills. I can't play an instrument, can't build something with my hands, are only mediocre in sports. Things I am good at are either related to my field of majoring or a large basis of knowledge I acquired while browsing all day on the internet. It feels like everyone could get to my level with enough time.

>> No.30387150

>>30387110
nope. just keep working and boosting yourself from weak points to strong points etc.

if the marginal benefit of doing X per unit time is decreasing time to move on and work on other stuff.

the fact that you posted here indicates a certain level of self-awareness, few people have that.

>> No.30387155

>>30387110
yes

>> No.30387189

If your goong out of your way to check your ngmi but i have a solution smoke DMT LoTS AmD Lots of dmt

>> No.30387193

>>30387110
As long as you aren't making rage threads about your begging not paying off there is still hope for you mate.

>> No.30387215
File: 63 KB, 750x580, fcb36f5.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

You have no level. There are no levels. You are flesh and you will end. Everyone knows more and less than you, work out hard and enjoy the ride.

Don't skip leg day.

>> No.30387257

>>30387110
Society needs researchers to advance, unless you're one of those rock scientists or something. In which case:
>get /fit/
>use your turbo autism to understand stocks and crypto, and go all in
Gather as much wealth as you can, and help advance humanity's sciences, be it with your major, creating startups, or just donation research funding.
I'm a useless sack of shit too anon, that's my plan to leave behind some kind of semblance of success.
Feel free to copy it.

>> No.30387343
File: 66 KB, 896x596, 1615101481824.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>30387110
Are you literally me?

>> No.30387379

>>30387110
we all have our talents bro. I can build shit with my hands but can't do theory for shit. don't be so greedy

>> No.30387444

Me too anon, although I feel like I am getting dumber by the day

>> No.30387571

>>30387257
I am working in the innovation industry and are already helping society to get ahead in technology. Maybe I am not so useless after all. But there could be a time when people can replace me since my only value is that I acquired a lot of knowledge. Everybody can do that and it is getting easier each day.
>>30387343
I value someone who produces more than someone who just consumes or maintains

>> No.30387594
File: 81 KB, 800x732, yinyang pepe.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>There was an old and crooked oak tree by the village shrine, every branch twisted and gnarled.
>Passing the old tree, Hui Tzu, a carpenter's apprentice said to Shih, the master carpenter, who without even turning his head, walked on without stopping:
>What a useless tree that is. Its trunk and branches were so crooked, so distorted and full of knots. The wood is so beautiful, but it cannot be cut up, no straight plank can be made from it. The tree serves no purpose at all.
>There it stands beside the road. No carpenter will even look at it. Even you don't look at it master.”
>Shih the master carpenter replied:
>"The tree on the mountain height is its own enemy… The cinnamon tree is edible: so it is cut down! The lacquer tree is profitable: they maim it. Cherry, apple, pear, orange, lemon, pomelo, and other fruit trees. As soon as the fruit is ripe, the trees are stripped and abused.
>Their large branches are split, and the smaller ones torn off. Their life is bitter because of their usefulness. That is why they do not live out their natural lives but are cut off in their prime. They attract the attentions of the common world. This is so for all things.
>That tree is useless. A boat made from it would sink, a coffin would soon rot, a tool would split, a door would ooze sap, and a beam would have termites. It's worthless timber and is of no use. That is why it has reached such a ripe old age.
>Every man knows how useful it is to be useful. No one seems to know how useful it is to be useless.
>This tree has been trying for a long time to be useless. It was almost destroyed several times. Finally it useless, and this is very useful.
>So for this big tree, no use? It is planted in the wasteland, in emptiness. People walk idly around it, rest under its shadow. No axe or bill prepares its end. No one will ever cut it down.
>Useless? You should worry!”

>> No.30387706

>tfw STEM degree (chem engineer)
>tfw can play the guitar
>tfw proficient in art
>tfw good with tinkering and fixing things
>tfw can lift decently for my weight
>tfw struggled for YEARS before I got a job

fuck you OP

>> No.30388648

>>30387594
based and taopilled