[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 63 KB, 578x547, 1399778327352.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
467364 No.467364[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

>friend of yours has drive to buy and sell stupid things
One of mine spent 30 dollars on an item in cs:go and kept trading items until he ended up with 780 dollars. Another friend of mine, in 2006, traded a set of items worth about 110 million gold for the blue party hat, which was 400 million gold back then I believe, and it's worth around a billion right now.

How do I stop being such a lazy piece of shit and just set up trades like this? Am I doomed from not having merchant parents?

>> No.467366

Forgot to add the second game was done using in game currency in runescape.

>> No.467762

:)

>> No.467788

>>467364
start by starting

things will either click from there, or you'll realize that it's not for you.

>> No.467830

its all about risk management and recgoinzing opportunity. during a recent CS tournament valve was selling sticker capsules for a dollar, you'd open one and there would be a sticker in the capsule you couple apply to an in game gun. you could also buy and sell these on the open market. leading up to the final days of the tournament valve slashed the price of the capsules to a quarter, and the open market reacted by dropping their prices to about 16 cents. I bought twenty dollars worth. today both items are trading on the market for almost 2 dollars. I sold out at 1.55.

not bad. you just have to be there and be able to think a little more long term then everyone else.

>> No.468046
File: 30 KB, 939x395, Untitled.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Stupid DOTA 2 item chest meant for the chinese server came out but was apparently tradable to people using other servers.
>Trade 2 keys for it. 1 key was worth around $2.30 at the time
>Tradability between servers turned out to be a mistake so it was fixed.
>Treasure value soared from a little under 5 dollars to 78-80 dollars.
>Sell Treasure for $77 ($69 after tax)
>Use money to buy about 30 more keys because Valve recently removed keys from the store for whatever reason. I figured it was bound to rise in value.
>Key value rose to minimum $3.40 today
>Turned pocket change into nearly a hundred dollars in half a month

Thanks Gaben

>> No.468085

>>468046
And how much more money would you have if you just went to a fucking job for two weeks? Jesus you people are mindboggling.

>> No.468095

>>468085
>transactions from an online community market takes 2 weeks.

Nigger did you think I do this all day?
Stop projecting you self-hating NEET

>> No.468136

>>467364
Traded hats in TF2 While i played it. I did stop 2 years ago and sold the hats for ~$1k. Pretty Nice to get some money out of it.