[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 457 KB, 845x925, 1627007443260.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
52561240 No.52561240 [Reply] [Original]

I'm down from 2m to 134K, developed gastritis, insomnia, gained 20kg and I'm starting to lose hair. How do I cope? When is this fucking bear market gonna end already? Any oldfags still here?

>> No.52561315

>>52561240
Well, I think you've already heard the countless amount of time people say that you have to move on from the past. But that really is the only thing you can do.

For someone to try, struggle and fail to achieve something they desired, that's not a tragedy; that's just a failed attempt. When you get up and try again, you might slam your head even harder, maybe with some perma injuries; but even then you're still in the fucking game man, you know how to not smash your head next time.

The real, genuine tragedy. Is someone who doesn't even bother to try, and they lose. That's an actual pathetic loss, to not at least roll the dice and sleep at night knowing you did what you could. Jesus man, you don't wanna end up there.

Your health struggles, they may get better or worse. But you can't kill a plant that just started to dry out, you need to give it water, don't let it fucking die. Even if you're 50 years old, the only person that will stop you dead on your tracks when you attempt to make something is you.

It's a fucking meme, a fucking trite phrase over and over again but seriously dude; you can't give up now. If you're losing hair, you will lose the rest of it. It's fine, you can't avoid it, it will happen. You need to confront the issues you have at hand, the amount of wealth you lost, all of it.

Sit down, talk to a therapist, yourself or a trusted family member or friend if that's your thing. Talk this out, don't fall into the trap that others do like drugs or turning cataconic or some shit.

This can't be how it ends, anon. You have $134k, wheel some options on TQQQ, get out excel and plan out things. Go fucking exercise.

Small steps, nothing at once. Accept that bad things will happen to you, and you wont amplify them; you'll amplify the good things in life.

>> No.52561373

>>52561315
Thank you for that anon you have no idea how much I needed that rn. I'm 28 not 50 guess I showl stop feeling fucking sorry for myself. Going to bed rn and I'll workout tommorow and fix what I can fix. God bless bro.

>> No.52561406

>>52561373
np bro, the way you worded this sounded like that; 28 aint even old brah. unless you smoke and drink and continue to eat added sugar everyday for the rest of your life you still got decades to live. there is no deadline to improve your life. good luck 2 ya

>> No.52561436

>>52561406
I don't smoke or drink I just have a shitty diet rn bc of stress. But feeling sorry for myself won't fix my portfolio kek. Have a good one bro.

>> No.52561462

imagine having $2 Million in crypto, not cashing out at least $1 Million, but holding all they way down.

>> No.52561484

>>52561406
you are trying to help but you are placing limiting beliefs and outright mainstream mid curve bs on him

he will be good if he doesnt choose to cope in mid tier curve

>> No.52561490

>>52561436
We all have our vices. Feeling sorry for ourselves is a way to cope, but in my experience it only leads to more dread and melancholy which... honestly man it solves nothing.

I think this whole stress response was good 20,000 years ago when we had to be stressed to not get eaten by some fucking lion or bear or combination of both. But now it serves absolutely 0 purpose, negative purpose actually. It's an archaic biological function.

But just like a sex drive, we can't kill it entirely. But you can do your best to suppress it, im not telling you to be 100% apathetic but dude. I was in that same deadly loop of dread, and the days I decided "yeah I will not let myself fuck me any harder anymore, maybe less today but not more", slowly and slowly you get that mental energy to try anyway. Of course there will be irl shit that will make us feel like life is over, but that happens to literally everybody. Stacy next door and the giga chad trillionaire; there is literally no human being who doesn't unless you have a constant drip of morphine or some shit idfk.

Just one more thing, unless you hurt somebody or something. Do not feel guilty, that shit does nothing too. If you feel guilty about not succeeding that is a 200% path to utter catastrophe, dont fall into that trap like I did. Forgive yourself more often fren, farewell.

>> No.52561498

>>52561240
get out of crypto retard. the trend is over. what the fuck are you doing?

>> No.52561543

>>52561240
No the zoomers have officially replaced us on this website.
This must be how the boomers felt in 2010 with us.

>> No.52561919

>>52561240
You really didnt take any of those gains and purchase a real asset like real estate?

You could have made it if you took profit.

>> No.52561959

I hear ya OP. I’m phone posting from bed with a bad stomach. This shit will kill me before making me rich.

>> No.52561997

>>52561240
>developed gastritis, insomnia, gained 20kg and I'm starting to lose hair
What's your excuse? Market going down?
Fuck that. Pull yourself up bro, calm down, get some rest.
Then you can think about a plan.

>> No.52562036

>>52561240
Are you jabbed?

>> No.52562043

>>52561240
$2.5MM to $300k here. I have a family so ending it isn’t really what I want to do but the thought often crosses my mind that I will be miserable for the rest of my life.

It’s not really an effect of us losing our paper NW anon, it’s that the world is a shit place and having money allows you to escape the worst of it. We had a taste of that escape. Now it’s impossible to ever go back. So how do we press forward? I’ve started exploring starting my own business and dedicating more time to my family vs my wagie job. I will probably get fired not long from now for being the only person at my company not doing 80 hour work weeks but fuck it and fuck them for allowing that system to rule.

>> No.52562078

>>52561240
Get rid of seed oil start eating healthy stop being a retard your first priority should be your health there's no need for money if you're in a wheelchair

>> No.52562094

>>52561462
>>52561919
You guys say it like we weren’t all experiencing the same delusion of the market continuing to run. Pullbacks, and volatile ones at that, are common in crypto. You don’t make millions selling on every pullback. To even get to that point you need to have some delusional mentality. The real old guard who were here pre 2017 learned their lesson in 2017 and cashed out in this run. Us who made it this time learned our lesson now. Questionable whether we get to cash out. But without falling from the top, I would probably have never set concrete cash out goals for myself. The money piles on and on over time and it becomes easy to believe the narrative of increased adoption and no going back. Nuclear global market meltdowns which completely dismantle major corporate players in a sector tend to not be things you believe can happen any day when everything is seemingly going so well from so many angles.

>> No.52562095

>>52561240
>When is this fucking bear market gonna end already?
I have bad news for you bruv...

>> No.52562129

>>52561240
theres no coping. now we move on.

>> No.52562396

>>52562094
cutting loses and taking partial profits is the basis of finance

>> No.52562424

>>52562396
Oh is the basics of finance also gambling all your money on highly speculative insanely volatile assets and holding persistently through regular 50% plus drawbacks until you have gotten a 10000%+ return on your money? No? Well then you’re not going to make it in crypto on the basics of finance.