[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 14 KB, 300x168, images.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
55572908 No.55572908 [Reply] [Original]

i used to think marriage was the biggest grift. but waging? oh come on lol

youre willingly putting your fate in the hands of someone who doesnt even see you as a fellow human and just hoping that you dont get fucked over. you are willingly selling yourself into indentured servantry for no fucking reason other than out of ignorance, or to prove that "money doesnt matter to you".

the worst part about that is, if money didnt matter to you then why do you sell yourself into slavery 5 6 or 7 days a week, all day, to make money? theres millionaires upon millionaires who dont spend anywhere close to that amount time on caring about their finances. yeah, waging is necessary early in life alot of the time, but waging for life and never aspiring for more is such a fucking meme.

>> No.55572924

>>55572908
You know as well as I that nobody actually wages because he loves it, so how is it a grift? They know that it's a shitty deal as much as you do, they're not actually deceived.

>> No.55572937

>>55572924
OP actually refers to people that start waging and get stuck there for the rest of their lives, like good cattle.

>> No.55572939

Waging is the only way to consistently make money for 97% of the planet
The vast majority of human beings were not trustfund babies, they were not born into vast wealth, nor do they receive a mighty inheritance.

Children grow up in broken homes, broken communities, and broken nations.

In order to be able to provide for yourself, you must wage. Depending on how many traps you fall into early in life (marriage, kids, deep student loan debt, dumb financing, being horribly sick, etc), your waging could last for a decade to even life.

>> No.55572957

>>55572937
Some people are stuck, but they're not actually happy that they are. "Money doesn't matter to you" is a way of psychologically dealing with being stuck. So in that sense, it's technically not a grift, since they're not tricked into thinking that waging is actually great.

>> No.55572974

>>55572924
Oh no, I know people even with low paying jobs that are proud of what they do and act like they're the superior ones for "being le man and showing up to WORK every day!". Maybe everyone on 4chan hates waging, but many many people on the outside world not only think it's normal and fine, but think they're superior to millionaires for "realizing there's more to life than money" or "choosing le simple life"

When they are putting more work and time into slaving away for that millionaire than said millionaire spends on caring about his millions. To the millionaire, money is constant excitement, absolute freedom, and the reason they don't worry but to the wagie it's about the opposite.

>>55572937
This toom if you wage long enough wouldn't you think eventually you'd be forced to have to look into alternatives?

>> No.55572982

>>55572974
>toom
Too,

>> No.55572989

>>55572974
Fair point, that exists too. But people want to feel proud of themselves. If someone works 80 hours per week, he'll naturally feel feel pride in that. I mean, there is pride to be taken in hard work, even if it happens in the context of a shitty arrangement (waging).

>> No.55572992
File: 99 KB, 1024x1104, 1687651379123225.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>55572924
False. You will always be a slave as long as you wear their chain of fiat around your neck.

1) Hard money forces positive sum activity as everything has to balance.
2) Hard money fell out of favor for transactional not economic reasons during the industrial revolution.
3) Politics always favors soft money because it enables easy and opaque theft.

BTC solves money, it is technical fix for a political problem, it is transactionally easy hard money, that is the value of crypto.

You can't sell corn for less than it costs to produce, unless you pay people to grow corn. This is a supply-side subsidy, social spending acts as a supply-side subsidy for labor, if a worker needs $x to exist they CAN'T sell their labor for less than $x, but what happens if we give them food stamps, subsided housing, Medicare etc? Well now they can sell their labor for less than it costs to produce!

But wait! How were those social programs paid for? Deficit spending? You mean counterfeit money? Exactly. Deficit spending is an expansion of the money supply (simple dilution), it robs ALL income earners and gives to asset holders (as an increase in money supply will naturally inflate assets) THIS is the driving force of the wage/productivity divergence seen since the 60s.

Notice that asset inflation also suppress incomes of white collar workers by tricking them into believing the nominal gains on house value is wealth instead of inflation, why mechanical engineers (really any boomer dominated field) get paid so poorly, $60k seems like a lot if you bought 20/30/40 years ago, but you haven't gotten wealthy, your real terms income has just drilled through the floor.

The entire fiat grift rests on debasement outpacing wage growth, such that real wages fall while assets inflate (parasitic transfer of resources from income earners to oligarchs). PoW crypto allows workers to opt out of the fiat grift, BTC will pump because statist fucking shits will never stop debasing.

>> No.55573027

>>55572992
Based

>> No.55573050
File: 35 KB, 550x540, 1596520342645.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I became ok with waging once I realized that having money is 1000x better than being broke.

>> No.55573058

>>55573050
As a wageslave you don't have money, you have pocket change you're expected to be thankful for

>> No.55573060

>>55572992
I'm not against a hard money standard.

>> No.55573076

>>55573050
You can definitely use that pocket change to earn real money eventually though

>> No.55573078

>>55573058
My pocketchange pays for me to own a house, a car, and enough cash to go out once in awhile.

What do your parents pay for?

>> No.55573117

>>55573078
>and enough cash to go out once in awhile.
That's better than nothing and nothing to be ashamed of but you should aspire to acheive complete financial freedom where your passive income from investments and assets is more than your expenses. Or if that's not what you ever want to care about, that's ok. But it feels really good being able to know that if I work towards this in my future then I will eventually get it if I just do my best. I used to be satisfied with waging when I realized that there's no reason to when I could also do much better. Waging is the first step sure. But the best thing you can do with your profits from waging is making more money with it

>> No.55573140
File: 16 KB, 346x346, 1688348984362213.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>55573060
Hard money or not. There is no standard. Shiny rocks have already failed. Backed soft money also failed. There are no political solutions, and not in the poltard "violence is the answer" as violence is of course wholly political, there are no political solutions because politics is a memetic parasite that never fixes anything. There are only technical and economic solutions, and BTC is just that, a technical fix for the political corruption of Money