[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 23 KB, 314x295, 1412994378982.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
575263 No.575263 [Reply] [Original]

Someone stole my World of Warcraft account for $100 and sold it to this guy with my paypal account to get myself permabanned.

Long story short, I got my World of Warcraft account back and the buyer said he was going to chargeback the $100 off my paypal account. The same person that sold my account without my consent bought something with those $100, so I literally don't have the $100.

How do "chargebacks" even work? Also, he said he was going to chargeback a week ago but I still have all the money on my paypal.

Is Paypal assuming the "loss"? What happens if I just spend the rest of the paypal money and close the account?

>> No.575269

How did 'someone' get 100 out of yo
ur paypal account, and why would they stop at 100?

>> No.575270

>2014
>still using PayPal

>> No.575278
File: 1.11 MB, 1920x1200, 1234565451434.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Woah what the fuck, I don't speak nerd.

but have a bump.

>> No.575279

>>575263
So someone "hacked" your WOW account, "hacked" your paypal account, used your own paypal account to sell the WOW account and then managed to use the $100 in your paypal account ?

So in other words, you sold your WoW account, spent the money and then decided you didn't want to sell it ?

>> No.575286

> What happens if I just spend the rest of the paypal money and close the account?
If you have 0 in your balance, and someone cancels a transfer to your account, you go into debt and have to repay that money.

>> No.575288

>>575263
>>575279
Yeah this story has some inconsistencies.
>Person stole his WoW account and somehow stole his paypal account too
>Sold account via stolen paypal and used the money
>Yet somehow OP is asking how chargebacks work because he has still has the money and what happens if he just spends it and closes the account
>Also he still has control of his stolen paypal account.

So either the OP sold his WoW account and claimed it and his Paypal was hacked AND THEY SOMEHOW BELIEVED HIM! Or he was dating someone and when they broke up the ex tried to fuck him over by selling his account and ruining his shit.

It's probably the former. The latter is a possibility only because it's the only reasonable way they would have access to both his WoW account and Paypal account without him losing control over the Paypal account.

>> No.575293

>>575288
I can speak to this, I used to do a lot of skiddy bot net shit back in the day.

There's a good chance his email and password are the same for WoW as PP. This isn't hard to believe at all. It makes sense using his PayPal to buy digital goods since you don't have to worry about the transfer to your own account being discovered.

Actually one of the first things online thieves check when they get an email + password is if the account is also valid on things like paypal.

>> No.575309

>>575263
tell the guy to fuck off and do a reclaim on the transaction the guy bought for 100 bucks(someone used my paypal account), its quite simple you see?