[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 36 KB, 322x322, uq3b4s.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
58248343 No.58248343 [Reply] [Original]

What's even considered middle class and upper middle class anymore?

>> No.58248974
File: 101 KB, 500x500, IMG_0059.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>58248343
That’s an impossible question to answer as it’s highly dependent on location. However, as a general rule I would say that “middle class” is the amount needed to live a traditional middle class lifestyle - that is, be able to comfortably afford mortgage payments on a four bedroom house, two cars for the family with an upgrade every five years, and an overseas vacation once a year.

In most of the USA outside of Jew York and California, that sort of lifestyle would be pretty doable with a household income of about $300k/year. An upper middle class household income would be closer to $500k/year, which gets the kids into a private school and opens up career options for them as far as a college degree goes. Also allows you to scale up the lifestyle with some more toys and eventually a holiday home on a lake somewhere.

With that said, these definitions are changing and IMO class and social strata in future will be more closely tied to your assets and capital rather than your income. This is already happening in most of the Anglosphere outside of the United States, eg. property values in the UK, Canada, Aus, NZ have priced out even the high earning professionals, assuming they didn’t manage to enter the market many years ago.

>> No.58249274

Middle class in 20th century America:
>house in a good neighborhood
>more than one car in the household
>being able to take at least one vacation every year with your family (in addition to day trips and short road trips)
>being able to eat good food at home while going to a restaurant won't break the bank
>still have money saved up for a comfortable retirement

Middle class in 21st century America:
>not homeless

>> No.58252002

>middle class
"I make six figures"
>upper-middle class
"I'm in six figure hell"

>> No.58252180

>>58248343
The middle class no longer exists. Just like that, practically over night, that structure no longer applies.

We are in the new feudalism. Equity separates them.
If you have equity in capital, own your own home, dividend paying stocks and generate income on interest, you're the modern lord. The rest are literal (wage) slaves, that will own nothing, rent forever to pay their lord's mortgage, and will rot and die as slaves to the corporations that choose to pay them.

How do you fix this? /pol/ was totally correct. You kill all shareholders and bankers, you abolish the Fed and central banking, and you deport all the militarized animals that were shuffled around the last 10 years back where they came from. Close the border, put the kids in indefinite suspension at detention camps until ID'd and then deported.

When the ratio of labor supply to demand is readjusted, 80% of the problems go away.

>> No.58252329

>and note this is what Germany was striving for in the security of their people they wanted to protect.
They were overzealous and confused globalists for jews when they scapegoated them; the money changers wouldn't have it and then they tricked the world. ironically the situation in Israel today is a full reversal of their old roles.

>> No.58252535

It's not your war, but their war. You're in their new world war. It happens when they're ready for it to happen on their command, and then the real moguls of the world coordinate to pull all of their moneys out of the economy to liquidate it, and take with them into their fallout bunkers while their militaries scorch the surface with nukes and mass slaughter the peasants on their order. The types like Musk and Zuckerberg think that when they finally emerge in the aftermath to make a resurgence they'll be welcomed like fabled messiah.

>> No.58252588

you will see very shortly

>> No.58252850

the 1%'s networth is like 33 million by now. The gap has widened so much is not even funny. So taking that into account id say 1 million networth is middle class. But the sad part is most people won't even make that in their entire lifetimes.

>> No.58252901

and mass migrations levied against an incumbent population by distorting the ratio of labor supply to demand and subverting host cultures and customs, stressing the social sanctity of the host, by hostile countries and to the benefit of global corporations, is arguably the most effective tool of war for shaping change.

>> No.58253029

>>58248343
You will get to see the last vestiges of the middle class disappear on your lifetime. They've already nuked computer science and engineering, which was the last class elevator. From now on people will either be legacy hires at business consultancies/wall st. Or they will be any other profession and make the equivalent purchasing power of $45k in 2010. I am a civil engineer and make less real money than my grandfather did as a high school teacher in 1970.
>$11k in 1970 ~ $70k in today's money

>> No.58253129
File: 32 KB, 680x460, 1547715544516.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

unless the world's supply of HUMAN labor collectively decides to stop working but ironically gets off their asses and - in isolation yet somehow an aligned movement of coincidences - takes care of business, life in this epoch of society is so over you can't comprehend how over it will be for you and your kids.
It can still be fixed but it won't be pretty.

good april fools this time
>back to the daily grind

>> No.58253143

>>58252180
Interesting plan but how will you do that without turning the USA into a dictatorship? It's not gonna happen. Either the emplementation of these policies will cause a civil war way before you finish and the us breaks apart into multiple nations states that all hate each other or while we go though bad times in the adjustment period China decides that they want America for themselves and partners up with Russia, and other countries trying to distance themselves from the usd standard. The USA became so large so fast because of allowing free trade and allowing bankers to loan infinite money and now the world pays the price within the coming century. War is almost inevitable. No point worrying about what you can't change.

>> No.58253254

>>58248343
Middle class is literally the class between the upper class and lower class. If you aren't a low paid manual laborer, you are middle class, even if you are a librarian or a teacher barely making above minimum wage.
Upper middle class is what this retard >>58248974 thinks what middle class is.
>inb4 le poor
Show me the stats. What is the median household income in the US? Does it afford you 2 cars with upgrades every 5 years and a yearly vacation? Fucking kek the delusion.

>> No.58253302

>>58253143
I don't have all the answers, this is a synthesis of my own observations, the anecdotes of myself and hundreds of others the world over, wacktard conspiracies, and identifying some of the factors that seem to be causing the system to break down for a growing number of people and how they might be reversed. Not a game plan, nowhere near a complete understanding.
I'm an astute retard.

>> No.58253433

>>58253254
Well just like the fed can appear to change the criteria of a recession to whatever is convenient, of course we can play around with what qualifies as middle class, standards change over time.

I need to go look at the data, but my assumption is that the living standards of the American and British middle classes have been trending downward for at least 20 years now, as the IMF and world bank predicted in their crusades to increase the supply of low wage labor and maybe enriching some of the third world to make a safe haven and reserve labor pool for global corps all else be damned

>> No.58253468

there could be some geopolitical considerations and maybe a death cult agenda in the details.

>> No.58253824

and the broad view is that we've had a concept of low class, middle class, upper class, but I think what we see in the reality unfolding is simply:

you either own something that appreciates in market value, or you don't own something that appreciates in market value

When the supply of labor is increased exponentially almost across the board, and you now compete with the entire world pool of labor, you can bet the value of your labor probably won't grow by an appreciable amount.

You either have the means to aqcuire something that will appreciate in value that you will receive its benefits, or you don't. The entire world financial system is setup currently so that those that don't own appreciable equity will never enjoy its growth in value on the open market, but the value of labor in the broad view seems to constantly decline even today, markets are more competitive, and most of it is made up bullshit that doesn't produce tangible value to society at large.

So that's all logical and expected, but what do you do when for too many people it becomes impossible for them to accrue appreciable wealth that will allow them to thrive where they were born? For globalists it seems they want to abolish the concept of a nation state and borders and have corporate fiefdoms that employ serfs without having any legal responsibility over their person or wellbeing.

>> No.58253915

>>58253824
idjt if the income tax is like 90% like it was during the 50s ofcourse there's going to be a middle class.

>> No.58253927

So what happens when the system breaks down too much and what are some simple solutions to remedy it? I expect likekind people, people with common traits and interests and values to look after and protect each other, and their community. Can't blame selfishness for personal security and self-sufficiency, but power and greed corrupt.

The world is due for a massive adjustment either way. Take care of each other.

>> No.58253997

>>58248974
So statistically less than 2% of the country is middle class, and something like 0.05% is "upper class" according to your definition. That's absolute bullshit lol

>> No.58254054

>>58253927
How did greek democracy come about?
Through sheer force
You see the phalanx was impenetrable so if there was a disagreement things had to be discussed via reason.
Robots will render capitalism obsolete but they will also be used as weapons. The population at large can also have robots. But I wouldn't put too much faith in that you see if it means that i have to be part of the upper circle at the expense of the bottom that'd be fine too

>> No.58254126

>>58253997
this is what i'm checking on right now
Either way the underpinnings of today's gacha exchange has only strengthened my view that centimillionaires and billionaires, hell even if you generated just a million but can live off the dividends and interest and growth that the actual laborers for the most part are cut out from and discouraged from learning, those self-styled capitalists are some of the largest communist type parasites on society imo. If the system allows able bodied prime age individuals to completely decouple and disengage, it's a broken system.

>> No.58254200

>>58254126
people think communism is being imposed. You don't understand. Without human labor capitalism doesn't work. How can you purchase the goods without working?

>> No.58254288
File: 35 KB, 533x358, 162048813555.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>58249274
if i live with 5 roommates while having theoretically enough money on crypto to live by myself but without the luxuries i enjoy of now, thanks to good trades, especially thanks to sol and dextools does that mean i'm poor?

>> No.58254431

>>58254200
That's similar to the question I've got. The powers that be don't seem interested in tackling this issue in their lifetimes, so they'll string the world along and kick the can as long as possible until it's no longer relevant to them. They'll do what they can for themselves and their own families and friends and that's all they care about despite the scope of their power and responsibility. They won't care unless the people at large force them to care, and everyone in my circle seems pretty beat.
There's no hope or will, and we only focus on our short term prospects or lives in the moment. I'm rambling about nothing at this point.

>> No.58254473
File: 86 KB, 462x350, 1523586745851.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>tl;dr interesting times ahead

>> No.58254689

>>58254431
I think they're well aware. They talk about it on the world economic forum. Harari says what will we do with the useless class. He says drug them and give them video games. But it could be worse... or it could hey it could be better... let's cross our fingers. I do know one thing. Robots will be able to install a sceptic tank during our lifetimes.

>> No.58254690

but it's important that the common folk hold those aristocrat outsiders - the tyrants, the club, the monsters trying to keep the humble people distracted and entertained with cultural cults and made up bullshit - hold them accountable for their complete depravity if the time comes

>> No.58255313

They don't care about the decline in quality of life of anyone in these machinations if it goes against their common goal. Who's "they" and what is the goal?

I think the prevailing force of power over the world, civilization, and all of society today is a shapeshifter by nature. We already know the globalist agenda, the agenda of business is separate and apart from that of the interests of individual nation states or any one ethnic or idealogical group. If there were a world government, it would be the central banks and the core group of banks that feed liquidity into the economy and globalist banking institutions. The people that staff these institutions, their families and friends, and the kingpins of media and fad culture that they employ that have vast capital, are part of the same club of this overpowering force.

It's not America, or the Jews or the Arabs or the Chinese or Russians, it's just a group of people, families, clans united by their money and the financial system to control everyone else, that only care about staying in power and staying in control of their wealth. They influence culture and government and suffering and use them as tools of control and weapons against everyone else that isn't them. They would scapegoat any discrete idea or specific group of people and foment wars between countries and tribes that would keep the world distracted and divided and the club they enjoy in control of everyone else through expectation and market forces.