[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 333 KB, 600x600, 1430318875908.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
881013 No.881013 [Reply] [Original]

So I was recently informed that I received the promotion I was after, and now I'm in a managerial position over my soon-to-be previous position. Problem is, I'll now be in charge of some people who are friends of mine.

How can I effectively lead when they know I have a micropenis?

>> No.881018

put a sausage in your pants

>> No.881031

>>881013

Fire them if they cause inefficiencies within the workplace.

>> No.881036

>>881013
>How can I effectively lead when they know I have a micropenis?

Stop being such a beta and man up.

www.reddit.com/r/TheRedPill/

>> No.881803

>>881013
>who are friends of mine.
Well, that's a tough one, OP.

You're just going to have to show them that you mean business when you're at work, however fun and games you are outside of work or you were when you were the same rank.

>> No.881805

>>881031
I also agree with this guy. If they're shitty workers, don't hesitate to get them fired.

If they refuse to be led properly by you, they're shitty friends anyway. You don't need friends like that. You becoming manager is not a ticket for them to disregard authority because it's someone they know.

>> No.881896

>>881013
1-5 you ignore, 5-10 you correct. when talking about bad behavior

judgement is entirely destructive and demonstrates insecurity. blame is nearly useless
ego is irrelevant, yours and theirs.
distinguish carefully between a lack of knowledge and negligence.
decisiveness is a virtue--especially with sanctions
your efficacy is judged pragmatically--you can run a company into the ground by being "right" all the time. your success will be judged on what you do with what you have, not your ability to moralize/idealize.
you must have a very, very high degree of competency and professionalism
you can be a friend or a leader, but not both.
pragmatism is key--pick your battles carefully and use foresight to determine what you want to achieve and how you want to get there. your ego will not offer you this path.

any questions?

>> No.882472

>>881013
The above posters have said it well.

It's time for you to man up and crack the whip. If you don't, prepare for mediocrity or worse... utter failure.

Is you the boss or ain't cha, boy? Well be the boss. If you can't handle it someone else will.