[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 51 KB, 500x376, sad.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
958404 No.958404 [Reply] [Original]

Need some advice.

I worked as an office manager / order processor for a 3 man operation. We sold promotional products and brokered screen printing. I worked there full time while I got my associates degree. I've gotten my degree and started at the University in town. This University and it's affiliates represent a large portion of the businesses revenue. Made $2500 a month.

I switched from full time to part time to be able to go to college. There's too many tasks to complete in part time hours I am working. The owner told me he was switching me to sales today and hiring a replacement. he's essentially firing me. If I quit he doesn't have to pay unemployment. If I get a bunch of clients he makes cash.

I am charismatic, have a gf, work out and I am smart. I know products, and have basic sales experience. I am not scared of cold calls.

My commission rate is 55% of profit. I have a few clients but not enough to even come close to sustain myself. I'll have to manage my own orders and put them in.

Should I run with the commissioned sales gig or look for a wage slave gig until I graduate? I could also build my own promotional products business as well. I have the connections but idk if I have the time to commit.

Kinda sad. Best job I've had, with the most money I've made. Alpha me says fuck him and go steal his clients. Conservative me says wait it out until graduation.

>> No.958432

If I were you I would look for other work. Or just look for more work. I'm not a very confrontational person.

I don't think you currently have the financial risk tolerance to start your own business. Though, it could work.