[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 54 KB, 1280x720, Boosted_Gear.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
10053547 No.10053547 [Reply] [Original]

So i want to make a cosplay and I'd like it to have something similar to this any tips?

>> No.10053636

Lumeclusters Phoenix gauntlets.

>> No.10053831

>>10053547
Please use the Help or QTDDTOT threads next time

>> No.10053867

>>10053547

So, first off, there's a help thread for questions like this. Live and learn.

Second, when it comes to gloves never, ever make it totally from scratch. You'll want to find a glove you can use as a base and build on top of, so that you already know it works as a glove and all you are really doing is changing the cosmetics.

This is your first prop, so I'm going to go out on a limb and say that you probably dont want to jump into LEDs or other glowing options. Its doable but more complicated and you shouldnt bite off more than you can chew on your first project.

For the armored gauntlet itself, you'll want to do it in layers. You see how the gauntlet has a segmented pattern of overlapping sections going towards the elbow? You'll want to do the longest section first in craft foam. Then, you use a much thinner foam sheet to do the second to last segment, then the third to last, working your way forward.

Find something round and plastic you can use, like a clear plastic christmas ornament, and use half of that to do the crystal ball thing on the back of the hand. Paint the inside to give the effect you want.

Use thin craft foam to make talons for the fingers and glue them on.

Before you start anything, though, some basic google searches for cosplay foam armor tutorials will tell you a goldmine of very useful foam armor crafting, sealing, and detailing info. Make sure you watch a bunch of those before you buy any materials.