[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 89 KB, 648x800, Best+shrug+_708448883268a9f863224cff6c7fcba0.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
10053611 No.10053611 [Reply] [Original]

Interested in Lolita, and I'd like to make my first coordinate. I watch a few youtubers and I've stumbled around pinterest and other normie shit, but what are ACTUAL lolita resources I can use? It seems like so many sites are dead now.

Any place I can buy second hand would be ideal for my first, I think!

>> No.10053618

lurk more NEWFAG

>> No.10053620

>>10053611
You've already failed the test.

>> No.10053652
File: 213 KB, 445x450, 1540871675450.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10053611

>> No.10053659

>>10053611
Lurk more, indeed. If you truly need help there are buy sell trade threads, stupid jfash questions threads (think the last one is in autosage now tho), coord help threads, a thread for questions that don't deserve their own thread, all sorts of stuff. Lurk more and you will find out all you need but people don't generally like spoonfeeding newbies and this question absolutely does not deserve its own thread.

>> No.10053691

>>10053611
i know i shouldn't spoonfeed but whatever, i want to help newbies and they're definitely correct about most sites being out of date.
>tumblr blog lolita-tips, despite tumblr being a sinking ship, has good directories to shops and other resources and most of their links are up to date.
>lacemarket (egl.circilly.com) is good for finding second hand pieces, especially if you're looking for something specific. Brand dresses can be had for reasonable prices.
>i recommend bodyline for shoes. they're incompetent at restocking but if you can somehow find a pair that you like in stock they're definitely worth buying. brand shoes are lovely but they're expensive and with bodyline shoes you get more bang for your buck if you're a newbie. i wouldn't recommend anything else from bodyline though, with taobao being accessible nowadays you can get better for less.
>BRAND. IS. WORTH. THE. PRICE. if you cheap out on main pieces you're missing out on the magic of the fashion.
>in general lurk more, but the taobao thread, lolita general, and questions thread will be your best friends in this trying time.
good luck on your first coord!

>> No.10053700

>>10053611
>If you have a Facebook account
Join Closet of Frills, Rufflechat, and Lolita Updates. Spend some time lurking those groups.
>Do you know what Lucky Packs are?
It's almost time for Winter Sales and Lucky Packs so if you can find some direction in the next week or so you might be able to get good deals on some brand new brand
>The /cgl/ Lolita Guidebook
A few years ago some anons got together and made a new-ish resource: http://thelolitaguidebook.tumblr.com/
>Learn, lurk, listen.
Familiarize yourself with brands, history, important figures, events, substyles, publications etc. There's an entire culture to learn. It's "just" clothes but if you don't already have a good sense of style and fit your first coords are gonna be a bust and you'll waste a lot of money. This is the most important part.