[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 74 KB, 640x622, 005b3dd0c0047e6c20734378bc4e5245.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
10099108 No.10099108 [Reply] [Original]

Previous thread >>10073048

Spring is just around the corner!

I have personally managed to find a really good balance with my hair and skin care routine (am hype about that) and introduced some floral products in the spirit of spring!

>> No.10099109

>>10099108
Messes up the subject, this is the hair/makeup/skin care thread.

>> No.10099643

Weird thing I'm thinking of doing

Having a bath in coffee? Is this a horrible idea? I know some spas in Japan have coffee baths

I'm a big coffee drinker but I bought a bag of grounds that I find inedible. Instead of throwing them away I'm thinking of brewing a pot or two to put into a bath

>> No.10099649

>>10099643
make a scrub with the grounds. i love lush's coffee scrub its great for my dry skin, there's probably diy recipes. not sure the benefits of a coffee bath

>> No.10099987

>>10099643
Seconding the scrub idea. It seems to be popular to mix it with coconut oil or honey as a base.

>> No.10099997

Every single moisteurizer I've tried takes forever to absorb. Even the ones marketed as light and fast-absorbing. Unless it's literally freezing outside, I feel it melting off my face. Help?

>> No.10100000

>>10099997
Take a bit more time to rub it into your skin. And use less. It won't absorb right away but if it's just staying on your skin even after massaging it in, you're using too much.

>> No.10100130

>>10099104
Seconding this question. I don't use eyeshadow daily but would like to use in special occasions. I have no idea what kind of palette I should pick, there's so many of them!

>> No.10100243

>>10099649
>>10099987
Nice! Will do. Thanks for the suggestion guys

>> No.10100247

>>10100130
the one you like the colors of and would use most? obviously more neutrals if you prefer a more natural look, you're not going to use one that is full of mostly neon glitter if that's not your style. how is this hard?

>> No.10100279
File: 146 KB, 960x1200, tumblr_pbcg9brUgB1ufwv3ro1_1280.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I love korean face masks

>> No.10100854

>>10100279
I love them soooo much. Using a rose extract one right now!

>> No.10101766

>>10099997
You probably have dehydrated skin.

>> No.10101857

>>10099643
why not try it and also make a scrub???? coffee has antioxidants in it and using caffeine as a soak or in a lotion is actually good for your skin

>> No.10101931

Best way to repair/prevent split ends? I have type 1A hair that I love aside from getting split ends really easily. Are there any products that can repair split ends or do I just need to cut it?
And what's the best way to prevent them in the future?

>> No.10101948

>>10101931
>Are there any products that can repair split ends
No.

>And what's the best way to prevent them in the future?
Don't use heat on your hair. Keep your scalp in good health. Keep your hair moisturised. Have silk/satin pillowcases to not be as rough on your hair.

>> No.10102150

>>10101931
Unfortunately, the only thing you can do is cut or singe the ends off.

>> No.10102156

>>10100243
be careful, anon! i tried making a coffee ground scrub with coconut oil a few weeks ago and it DESTROYED my skin and made it so dry i woke up with huge, thick rough patches all over my face that didn't heal for weeks.

>> No.10102177

>>10101931
Chop them off, wash less frequently or at least protect your ends with conditioner rather than shampooing them all the time, use protective styling like braids and updos to avoid catching your ends

>> No.10102197

>>10101931
I have a habit of dying my hair a lot and these are the things i didn't work best for me:
Go to your local Sally Beauty, go into the very far back, right hand corner. Near the bottom shelf is this stuff called placenta (yes it really is, it's made from bovine placental cells, if you are veg, i would not use it). Near it should be a clear squeeze bottle of this stuff called cholesterol. Get both, if you have thick hair get two of each. There is also a 2-min keratin treatment by aphogee that i like using too (they also sell it there). When you get home massage the cholesterol into your hair, focusing heavily on your tips. tie it up, and put it into a cap and use your blow dryer on its warmest setting (without harming you personally ofc) and heat it evenly for about 15 min. When you're done, rinse with shampoo, and use the keratin treatment. I'd suggest doing the keratin treatment once a week or every two weeks depending on how damaged your hair is. Rinse, and partially dry. Shake the placenta so it's sparkly, and use a dime-nickel size portion of it and massage into your hair, if it's too wet just dry normally after that.

for daily care i keep a bottle of biosilk oil to keep my fringe down. I like dry shampoo also because my natural oils build up better and allow my hair to get really soft and keep split ends away. I of course trim every few months, and have to sometimes make sacrifices since oils and treatments can only go so far. about i would look into more hair masks if you dye your own hair and different treatments that work well with your style of hair. (TonyMoly makes an angels halo mask that works like magic! perfect if you bleach a lot)

>> No.10102198

>>10102197
sorry about the spelling errors my autocorrect changed some things :(

>> No.10102631
File: 519 KB, 692x1027, 1541752639035.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I am the anon from last thread - seems like my skin is/was purging. It's clearing up already and feels so much smoother, and doesn't get oily during the day! I can wear makeup without it caking on my face! \O/ or even better, just look pretty without any makeup.

Thank korean skincare gods

>> No.10103203

I've never really used makeup, always been very boyish with hair. I wanna change that.

I'm growing my hair atm but other than that, I have no idea how to begin with makeup and stuff. I do use sensitive skincare items and moisturize often but other than that I feel lost?

>> No.10103216

>>10103203
Start with some foundation that compliments your skintone, pressed powder, and mascara + lip gloss. It's very minimal but actually makes a big difference. If you feel like you want something more or if your makeup runs, use setting spray , eyeshadow and blush/contouring.

>> No.10103220

>>10103203
Have a look at Wayne Goss on youtube, there are good basics of makeup tutorials there. The 'basics' are usually foundation, lipgloss/lipstick and mascara or eyeliner, although I personally find mascara hellish to use and eyeliner much more satisfactory as I have very minimal eyelashes that don't really show even with mascara. Usually basic makeup is supposed to be a better version of yourself, so you cover skin irregularities/redness, make your eyes look larger and emphasize your lips slightly.

>> No.10103239

Facial primer recommendations?

>> No.10103292

>>10103239
What's your skin type and what's your goal with the primer? I have used, and can recommend the following:

Fenty: Good primer if your skin is on the dryer side, and if you don't like the feel of silicon primers. Moderate pore-filling ability. Makes makeup last longer. Doesn't prevent oil seeping through so you still need to blot

Laura Geller Spackle (the OG): Excellent for oil control and makeup longevity. Dries down to tacky base, has a sort of jelly texture. IME this one is the best at extending the wear of your makeup, which is great if you wear makeup for like 10 hours a day on weekdays.

Tatcha: Very luxurious, good skincare benefits with the primer. Extended my makeup longevity (not as well as Fenty or Spackle). Doesn't prevent oil seeping through so you still need to blot. Good for evening skin tone/texture.

Bobbi Brown Face Base: If you have the dough and want to be bourgie. Its a moisturize+primer in one. Good for all skin types, but if you live in a hot/humid climate you may not like it.

Shiseido: Works well for blurring/oil control and makeup longevity. However, it has that overly silicon feel, which IMO feels heavy on the face throughout the day. Some people don't mind it, so if oil control and pore-blurring is the goal I can attest that it works.

I've used a number of drug store ones as well. Baby Skin worked, but I hate the overly-silicon feel. It just made my face feel heavy and I noticed my blackheads becoming more noticable the more I used it (similar to Shiseido's). I've also used the mattifying one from Rimmel (forget the name, comes in a white tube IIRC). It worked SUPER well at keeping me matte all day, but smelled like Elmer's glue. I'm not sensitive to smells, but this stuff was so stinky that I was put off from ever buying it again.

>> No.10103360

>>10100130

The Naked palettes from Urban Decay might a good place to start, each ones are focused on shades within a particular colour family, so you might be able to figure out what you're going for from them. For example Naked 3 is geared towards the rose gold trend that went on a few years ago and has a lot of pinks and nudes. Naked 2 is naturals which can also be used for a smoky eye.

It really depends on what kind of look you're going for, but if you're really that stuck have a look at those side by side and see which shades you're drawn to.

>> No.10103524

>>10103203
I strongly recommend finding out what your skin undertone is, what seasonal color group you belong to (I'm cool winter for example), your face shape, and your eye shape. Once you have found out all these things you should be able to find tutorials for makeup/colors/hairstyles geared more towards you.

>> No.10103530

>>10103203
don't learn how to do makeup from youtube beauty gurus. most of them only know how to put makeup on themselves and wear pounds of it because that's the trend lately. ignoring yt and doing research on makeup for my skin color, eye, and face shape really helped me.

>> No.10103562

I want to dye my hair in a certain color, should I pencil my eyebrows with the same color?

>> No.10103687

>>10103562

Depends on the colour you're dyeing to and the colour of your natural brows. If it's something like a vibrant pink or blue for example then don't bother because it looks weirder to me than having your natural brow shade.

The general rule of thumb is that your brows are marginally darker than the hair on your head, so I figure if you have dark brows but dye your hair light pink or a platinum blonde, then you should probably lighten them. If your brows are super light you might want to darken them accordingly.

Sorry I can't give more info than that, I'm not sure what your situation is exactly but hopefully it works out for you. Experimentation is key.

>> No.10103759
File: 118 KB, 1000x595, 2539520.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10100130
Not to say that >>10103360's suggestion is bad, that's a totally fine place to start, but I would personally get a palette with more shades and a smaller price tag if you're not that into makeup yet. Both the James Charles and Jaclyn Hill palettes from Morphe look like they would be great for a first palette because they both have a ton of matte neutrals and also some more fun colors to experiment with.

I also have a personal vendetta against the Naked palettes because I have tried three of them and I think they have a bad color selection for more than a few standalone looks and too much glitter fallout, but that's definitely just my opinion because tons of people love them.

>> No.10103858

>>10103759
i strongly agree with you about the naked palettes. i have no idea why they're so popular since the color selection is abysmally boring and far too glittery. >>10103562
i personally find that penciling in eyebrows to match colored hair makes a huge difference. i highly recommend the anastasia hypercolor brow and hair powder for this.

>> No.10103907

>>10103524
i.e. looking at techniques that complements your features?

>> No.10104029

>>10100130
Colourpop is reasonably priced as a starting point and they have a number of mostly neutral palettes - Double Entendre and Give it to me Straight, for example. Neutrals are a really good idea as a starting point solely because it does take trial and error and practice to get better with makeup and starting with bright colours very often makes you look like the 3 year old who got into their mother's makeup and decided to paint their own face. Also, for special occasions you often aren't going to need a huge range of colours, you're more likely to be trying something like the classic smokey eye or "natural" look, both of which are based around neutrals. Do work out what your undertones are first though (warm/cool/neutral) as that definitely affects which colours will flatter and which are likely to make you look ill.

>> No.10104050

>>10100130
>>10103759
The James Charles palette would be hard as fuck for a beginner to work with, though. It requires a specific primer and the colors need to be applied from darkest to lightest, to name a few reasons.

Morphe is kinda shitty in general.
I'd suggest ColourPop since it's pretty cheap.

>> No.10104106

>>10103759
You're hating on Naked and yet you think recommending Morphe is a good idea?

>> No.10104114

>>10101931
Olaplex is expensive but really good at "repairing" split ends. It actually just kind of fuses them but makes the hair look good

>> No.10104161

>>10104114
It does not "repair" split ends, because you can't "fuse" them together. Olaplex is only for lessening damage from things that heavily damage hair like bleaching. Nothing gets rid of split ends besides scissors.

>>10103562
Not necessarily, eyebrows are supposed to be a neutral color, so if you're dying it a pastel, don't fill it in with that color. For normal hair colors, keep in mind of warm/neutral/cool tones.

>>10103203
I recommend Lisa Eldridge for makeup as well.

>>10103239
Pay attention to the ingredients of your foundation and the ones in the primer. Sometimes they don't go together. I've noticed silicon based primers look bad with korean bb creams.

I use Etude House Beauty Shot Face Blur and it's fine for me, but I have hella dry skin. The worst primer I used was from Benefit. It was very siliconey.

>> No.10104284

>>10103759
>>10103858

lol, the boring colours are why they're popular. It's one of the earlier palettes to focus on neutrals, neutrals and neutrals. Some people might not know what to do with a whole box of colours, not everyone is up for doing a full disco nightclub look every day. But with most of the boring neutrals it's very easy to just swipe on a couple of colours on those mornings when you lack coordination and winged eyeliners are out of the question.

I'd agree I'm not really sure it's a good rec for a newbie who seems to only want special occasion looks, but generally speaking neutrals are a good place for noobs since it's so hard to mess up. They can supplement it with another brighter palette or an extra single colour. Certainly beats someone buying a box of bright colours and then trying to figure out how to paint their eyes three different colours at once without looking like a clown.

>> No.10104305

>>10103759

Just to clarify I never said to go out and buy one, just to have a look at them side by side online or in person for swatching to see what colours they might like or would suit them since they're pretty accessible - this is coming from someone who lives somewhere that Sephora and Ulta don't exist, so we're usually at the mercy of reviews and opinions online which are typically sponsored if it's a video. Given the prices and shipping I'm usually pretty hesitant to buy palettes I can't touch and look at personally in case I end up disliking them. I'm not sure of anons situation so it seemed like a safe suggestion at the time.

Because they're colour families commonly used in eyeshadow palettes at a glance anon wouldn't have to buy a large one and not know where to start or not use over half of the shades if they know what they're looking for. I definitely recommend shopping around though because like you say, everyone has certain likes and dislikes or a particular end goal in mind like a crapload of colour payout or zero glitter.

>> No.10104410
File: 419 KB, 750x1000, TB2e0NajOlnpuFjSZFgXXbi7FXa_!!285044913-750x1000.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Anyone have any recommendations for Japanese hair dyes? I'm looking to dye my hair this kind of grayish brown, but most "normal" hair dyes I've found are usually more red

>> No.10104448

>>10104410
Palty or Liese have a few cool tones, look for "Ash" in the name. They are designed to be used by Asians who have bleached their hair so do a reasonable job of canceling yellow/orange/red tones. The more brassy and red your hair is the less ashy your final colour will be. The biggest complaint people have with them is that the colours are not that bright, "too brown", or they don't get the result on the packet. Those people have generally not bleached or processed their hair at all and are magically expecting to get the packet colour even though there's clear before photos that look nothing like their hair. Reviews of Palty's Marshmallow Ash and Gray Ochre show you can get to actual grey over bleached blonde, looks pretty much like the packet on faded-out light chestnut and darker Asian ginger blonde, and everyone who was an idiot and used it non bleached dark brown-black Asian hair complain about their hair still looking dark brown (which is kinda like...duh, they're designed to be a naturalish option to colour over bleached hair, they don't also lighten/brighten hair to the required base colour. )

>> No.10104585
File: 564 KB, 1148x1754, ab9591980085d4f8306c6603d5c42018.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Makeup to look younger?

I don't really look that old, just my age (23), but lolita simply looks better if you have a babyface.
However, no matter what I do, makeup always seems to age me, it kind of always looks dark on me, even just normal mascara.
What could I do?

I heard that making your brows straight (kpop-style) makes you look younger, but most lolita models seem to have thin and arched ones...?

>> No.10104591

>>10104448
>Those people have generally not bleached or processed their hair at all and are magically expecting to get the packet colour
Omg I hate this. I watched some reviews of Palty and there are so many people who apply like light brown hair dye to dark brown/black hair and then act like the dye is bad for not working? Like what's the point of doing a review if you have no idea what you're talking about lol

Anyway, thanks for the help! I'm choosing between Palty's marshmallow ash, Liese's Ash brown and Liese's British ash, so I'll see which one I end up with. Hopefully it'll turn out ok!

>> No.10104598

>>10104585
You could just be not used to makeup on your face. took me a few years to finally not feel like I looked retarded doing my brows. even the lightest makeup in my brows made me feel like i looked like a retard. it's fine now, i just wasn't used to it.

>> No.10104599

>>10104585
You're looking at old school pictures, of course they're going to have different makeup styles as now. Korean makeup trends didn't start becoming popular until ~2012. Try looking at newer japanese model's makeup, like for larme

>> No.10104781

I think that hime cut is a miracle of the universe.

>> No.10104790

>>10104781
Why? It flatters very few.

>> No.10104840

>>10104790
It's nice for round faces, as it covers the sides of the face which makes your face look smaller. It just doesn't look good on long and square shaped faces.

>> No.10104841 [DELETED] 

>>10104585
Higher eyebrows make you look younger too so if you shape your eyebrows with waxing or plucking, take more off the bottom than the top to create extra space between eyes and eyebrows also don’t make them too thin as thin brows make you look older too.
For the rest of the makeup, use light copies in the tear corner of your eye to brighten it up, also makes you look youthful.
With face makeup like foundation, don’t use it all over your face only where you need it most, like under eyes nose blemishes , and don’t overpowder or you’ll add texture to the skin that will age you.
Over all don’t be too heavy handed as heavy makeup will age you too.

>> No.10104851

>>10104790
>>10104840
I think anyone looks better with one.

>> No.10104861

>>10104050
Morphe is definitely not my personal favorite eyeshadow brand, but both of the palettes I suggested that they have are very popular, and for the price and shade range I think would definitely be good enough for someone who is new to makeup.

>>10104106
I have never had a good experience with a Naked palette, but again, tons of people love them.

>>10104284
I think either of the palettes I suggested are good mainly because they both have so many neutrals. The James Charles palette has all the essential matte neutral shades along with a lot of other wearable shades. The bottom two rows aren't very wearable, but that's not necessarily a reason to shrug the whole palette off imo.

>>10104305
I am sorry to have mischaracterized your post. I agree with you that >>10100130 should do a little shopping around themselves and see what they like the most!

>> No.10105433
File: 800 KB, 625x1060, korean-eye-makeup-tutorial.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10104585
In my experience more typical western make-up looks have an ageing / mature effect, particularly the infamous heavy contour and cut crease Instagram looks.

For a more youthful appearance, I would recommend foundation that gives a slightly dewy rather than matt appearance, also less arched eyebrows and no heavy cut crease eyeshadow. If you do use a matt foundation, you can add dimension to the face by adding highlighter afterwards.

I agree with the other anon about following Japanese and Korean make-up tutorials.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tngA7Ju1tw8

>> No.10105471 [DELETED] 
File: 147 KB, 750x1334, 64379D59-A74C-4EAB-BE7E-F9AB18963EBA.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

besides pink what blush suits this look??

soft pink eye shadow w/ norm white glitter etc

cannot seem to find a good alternative

lowkey triggered I’m unable to complete this look!

>> No.10105499

>>10105471
You could try a coral orange color

>> No.10105795

>>10105499
thx girl.

>> No.10105796
File: 1.29 MB, 750x1334, B3C42D65-0407-4990-8C57-13376D6A3195.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

which would fit this look?

number 0

>> No.10105798 [DELETED] 
File: 1.31 MB, 750x1334, 2AA18973-A1FB-48F5-887C-D92B80933854.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10105796
number 1

>> No.10105799 [DELETED] 
File: 1.30 MB, 750x1334, A19C9F67-C1AC-463F-8371-0DB6AFF663F7.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10105798
number 2

>> No.10105800 [DELETED] 
File: 1.31 MB, 750x1334, 71B29502-1B6F-4369-9948-C3BA429E0B92.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10105799
number 3

>> No.10105804

>>10104410
if you're shopping in-store turn the box over and look at the color' s base. You'll probably want Some green or beige to cancel out the natural red most brown and black hair has. Some brands have a chart on the back showing where it stacks up in the red, purple, beige, green spectrum. They also usually have pictures showing the before and after on undyed Asian hair, partially lightened, and bleached hair. I recommend "hair manicures" over "hair color" since the manicures are less permanent, giving you a chance to see if it works for you.

My hair is not Asian, but I'm blonde, which means any subtle tones show up very strong in my hair. I tried a beige brown hair manicure and I ended up with ash grey hair, which was pretty, but definitely stronger than the box indicated. One time I strand tested a mid-brown with warm purple red tones to darken my hair. That strand turned grape purple. Test small inconspicuous strands first.I

I also recommend the hair manicure color shampoos. You can build color more subtlety. But be careful if you go pink on blonde hair because warm tones never fully wash out of light hair.

>> No.10105845 [DELETED] 

>>10105800
Could you not flood the thread and make a collage or something

>> No.10105901 [DELETED] 

>>10105471
Normie.

>> No.10106341

Has anyone had any success using salicylic acid to reduce the appearance of sebeceous filaments? My sebeceous filaments are very dark in appearance. A couple of websites suggest that a BHA such as Stridex or The Ordinary's 2% salicylic acid will make them less noticeable.

I'm currently using a 5% AHA Glycolic Acid Toner. Can I use an AHA and BHA together, or should I alternate them? How often should I use a BHA?

>> No.10106350

>>10106341
this might sound weird but one thing that really helped me to make my sebaceous filaments smaller was using a basic cold cream to "wash" my face. Something about a lot of the hyrulanic acid moisturizers and korean beauty producs I was using made them get bigger and it was stressing me out hard. I started using a cold cream randomly and a week or so later my skin looked smooth and my pores were even smaller than before. it was crazy.

>> No.10106355

>>10106341
You can use them both but you increase the risk of skin irritation if you do. Some products are formulated with both in them, some are formulated with lower % for daily use. Generally a product like toner is fine daily, and 2% BHA is also ok daily if your skin tolerates it. With reducing sebaceous filaments, try this: https://www.google.com/amp/s/fiftyshadesofsnail.com/2015/03/28/how-to-shrink-pores-temporarily-plus-3-pore-myths/amp/

I never got "grits" with this, but I don't have huge SFs just tend to get blocked pores and whiteheads a lot. It's not a miracle cure but it seems to help smooth things out before any big events

>> No.10106357

>>10106350
Do you recommend a specific cold cream? I'd actually prefer a non-acidic product because my skin is very sensitive.

>> No.10106470

Having an issue with my eyeshadow. I can’t get color to show well on my skin. I’ve tried looking this up but all the results are for dark skin and I am very white.
At first I thought it was the brands I was using. Mac, bare minerals and urban decay. But I did my friends make up and it showed up really well. I’ve tried different primers, wetting my brush and doing white first. Is it my skin?

>> No.10106489

>>10106470
If your skin has been particularly dry/particularly oily often pigment won't stick even with primer - the skin underneath it has to be in reasonable condition. Some people will even use vaseline to try and make their eyeshadow 'stick' if they're having winter issues with dry skin. It could also be your brushes, if you used different brushes for your friend's makeup...and with wet application obviously make sure you're doing damp, not dripping.

>> No.10106519 [DELETED] 

>>10105800
Can't even see a difference

>> No.10106570 [DELETED] 

>>10105845
you should tell me how obvi i have no idea
>>10105901
i’m desperate never would’ve come here otherwise
>>10106519
it’s darker gives a faint sexy vibe but seems too much makes it difficult to decide

>> No.10106733

>>10106570
>you should tell me how
what is google

>> No.10106900

toofaced is having 30%off sale rn ends tomorrow i think

>> No.10107032

Are there any toned down eye shadow looks that don't have brown or pink?
I'm getting a little bored of neutral brown and I have eczema on my eyes (unfortunate) and it usually makes my eyelids look pink and as a result I don't like the way pink eyeshadow looks on me since I just see gross skin condition whenever I do it

>> No.10107036

>>10106355
Thank you, anon. The main reason I haven't tried a BHA before is because my skin is very sensitive. I'll try and find a product with both an AHA and a BHA.

I have tried the grit method before– with an AHA. I didn't get any grits either. It did make me incorporate a clay mask into my skincare regime though.

>> No.10107217 [DELETED] 

>>10106733
you should tell me saves me having to google

>> No.10107250 [DELETED] 
File: 32 KB, 699x400, spoon-feed.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10107217
>this anon irl

>> No.10107275

recently my skin got better with outbreaks but still I have a lot of whiteheads on my forehead and especially my chin. They often are more deep down making my skin really bumpy.
I currently wash my face simply with water in the morning and facewash for sensitive skin in the evening and moisturize with cream. It's not much but seems to work the best for my skin as genreal outbreaks nearly vanished. But the whiteheads give my a headache. My skin is oily on the forehead and chin and dry on the rest.
Any advice what could help?

>> No.10107287

>>10107275
I'd suggest washing with gentle washer in the morning too, and using toner after every wash. And maybe use a daily moisturizing mask.

Moisturise with cream morning, evening and through the day when you feel your skin is getting oily.

I also use an evening sleep-in mask and my face barely ever gets oily/breaks out nowdays.

>> No.10107292
File: 117 KB, 750x1083, 073018-Pin-Order.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10107287
Forgot pic. I basically follow this but I use korean sheet masks in the morning after washing.

>> No.10107313

>>10107275
You could try actual acne treatments on the affected areas. Maybe glycolic acid to start with, although there are lots of options and you may just need to find the one that works for you.

>> No.10107315
File: 63 KB, 500x751, step-by-step-makeup-tutorials-for-blue-eyes.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10107032
What about using a grey shadow and charcoal eyeliner? If you can find something with slightly green undertones to take away some of the pink and although not quite as subtle as midtone browns, you can get a reasonably natural look - kinda like the 3rd/4th step, but with a lighter application and less warm brown around the outside.

>> No.10107366

>>10107313
that would be AHA if I get that right? I'm sorry, I don't have much clue about these things

>>10107287
I had the feeling that if I use the washer (even with idfferent washers) in the morning as well my skin was oilier and more prone to outbreaks.

>> No.10107394
File: 60 KB, 900x1200, rose-petal-witch-hazel-with-aloe-vera-alcohol-free-12-fl-oz-355-ml-by-thayers.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

What is your "holy grail" skincare item?

I feel like when I started using pic related my skin started taking a turn for the better, my acne dried up and my skin felt much smoother after a week. I recently started using the CosRX Snail Mucin essence too and it's really helped with texture issues as well that the Thayer's couldn't completely fix.

>> No.10107450

>>10107394
the snail essence is my go to item any time I get break outs before a con or event. My sister in law suggested it to me and I didn't really believe her at first but I'm a convert after using it for a few days

>> No.10107453
File: 73 KB, 400x604, 2t3OdZS7XZU.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10107032
Sometimes I like to use orange or rust colored eyeshadow for my everyday looks. I think it's pretty wearable.

>>10107217
No one wants you here, dumbass.

>> No.10107454

I’ve been washing and moisturizing my skin a lot but my anxiety is making my excoriation disorder worse. I’m so self conscious about the marks on my skin and it’s ruining what little confidence I had in my skin...but on the bright side skin means my hands will stop cracking and bleeding!

>> No.10107568

Has anyone tried chemical free shampoos and conditioners? I have a very dry scalp. I tried using T-Gel. However it created a burning sensation on my scalp and didn't reduce my dandruff.

I've started using rosemary infused almond oil on my scalp and hair. Which has helped a little (and made my hair really soft and shiny). But I still have a lot of dandruff. I read that natural shampoo/conditioner is better for the scalp. Is this true?

>> No.10107631

>>10107568
T gel is for people with serious skin cell build up like psoriasis. It is way too strong for use on a simple dry scalp.
From my experience, traditional shampoo/conditioner is considerably more effective than simply using oils. I use coconut and jojoba oil fairly often but that is nowhere near enough product to clean/moisturize my scalp. I have very dry skin and regularly massaging my scalp with oils before bed every other night helps. You could also look into getting some dandruff specific shampoo/conditioner like selsun blue or something.

>> No.10107636
File: 42 KB, 800x813, IMG_0178.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10107032
Honestly it depends on your skin and eye color. I second orange eye shadow, though since it looks great on a lot of eye/skin types. Grey and hazel green are also lovely.

>> No.10107639

>>10107394
Thayers rose witch hazel is my holy Gail item too lol
I also love the Peter Thomas Roth rose repair gel mask and a simple bit of Aloe Vera

>> No.10107642

>>10107631
Oh no, I am using shampoo and conditioner. I was wondering whether they are causing my scalp to dry out because of the chemicals they contain. I'd look like a greasy mess if I didn't use shampoo and conditioner.

I massage my scalp with almond oil every night. I was my hair every 3-4 and prior to washing, I apply almond oil for 30 minutes. I wash my hair with shampoo and conditioner afterwards. Oiling my hair has helped a little. But when I run my fingers through my hair I still pick up tons of dandruff. It's pretty disgusting.

>> No.10107645
File: 64 KB, 872x417, 20160414_theskinfood gel_2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10107639
Yeah I love using Skinfood Aloe Vera gel as a light moisturizer in the morning, it keeps me relatively matte throughout the day and absorbs super quickly into my skin so I can go into my makeup routine without waiting forever.

I really want to try the Peter Thomas Roth rose mask but unfortunately im really sensitive to PEG 60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil and it causes my skin to burn like crazy and break out any time I use a product with that particular ingredient in it.

Is anyone else sensitive to Castor Oil? It really sucks, I would love to sign up for a monthly sheet mask service from a service like Facetory but they pick the masks themselves and I don't think you can customize your service from what I have read.

>> No.10107647
File: 26 KB, 522x522, 615IPGWI7ZL._SX522_.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10107642
You know what works AMZING for dandruf in my experience? there are these silicone shower massagers made for the scalp. They look pointy, but they're made out or silicone, so they bend. I use it to shampoo my hair and I literally never see dandruff now. everything I used before, from oils to specific shampoos only masked the problem or made it worse. I think I got mine on amazon for like 4 bucks.

>> No.10107649

>>10107647
I should mention that it took a week or so for me to notice there was no more dandruff, but I use it every day now and I never see any flakes.

>> No.10107665

>>10107647
This actually sounds like it may work. I often have trouble massaging oil into my scalp with my fingers and there are definitely some areas that I tend to miss. Thanks, anon!

>> No.10107854

>>10107568
Depends what the actual ingredients are. The detergents in shampoo, particularly sls, can be too harsh for some people's scalps so they get dandruff as a reaction to that. I'd say if you are getting dandruff and have dry scalp, try going SLS free and also silicon free.

>> No.10107960 [DELETED] 

>>10107639
I think Aloe Vera makes my skin break out almost every time I use it you’re so lucky it works for you

>> No.10107963 [DELETED] 

>>10107217
Look you’re not making this any better either shut up about it or leave!!!

>> No.10107979

>>10107647
This looks so comfy. I want one, and I don't even have a problem with dandruff.

>> No.10107980

Is there like a list of ingredients I should avoid when looking for hair products? Trying different things has been a nightmare so far. I just want more volume in my hair without damaging it.

>> No.10108032

>>10107980
>I just want more volume in my hair without damaging it.
How are you trying to get said volume? Volumising shampoo/conditioner is basically a meme. There's only a couple situations where that might help - if you have a lot of buildup on your hair that's making it really flat, or you have scalp issues that are causing more hair fall/less growth and can be treated with shampoo. This is why many people avoid silicones in their conditioner as although they are helpful in terms of being anti-frizz and making hair more manageable, they also can cause build up and make hair look quite flat.
It also depends on your hair type - some hair types (particularly straight 1a/b hair) will just not look very voluminous unless you also actually have a lot of hair or are heat styling/blowdrying to get that look. If you don't want to heat style but also don't have much natural wave/curl, damp french braids, rag curls or sleeping with your hair in a high bun can help.

>> No.10108034

>>10108032
I have wavy hair. It's just very thin and now damaged and gross because of styling products

>> No.10108035

I even have some curls but only at my shoulders. On my head it's extremely flat
>inb4 it's too heavy
It's not that long
>>10108034

>> No.10108049
File: 37 KB, 560x600, K15510_01.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10100130 here
Thank you for your thoughts on eyeshadows, I feel a bit more knowledgeable now. In the end my friend got tired of my bithching and got a nice palette as a souvenier from Italy. Collistar is the brand (pic related), can't really comment on the quality since I have nothing to compare it to. But at least I had fun trying it out. I have to practice quite a bit though.

How mandatory is primer? Like I said, I only wear eyeshadow when going out and such, and don't need it to last for whole day. I also got myself a basic eyeshadow brush and small blender blush, should I get anything else?

>> No.10108072

>>10107980
I'd start with ditching silicones first. I have very straight and fine hair, and silicones just make it look three times thinner than it actually is. Silicone also makes my hair slippery as fuck and very hard to do any fancier hairdos.

>> No.10108100

>>10108072
Thanks but I already tried that

>> No.10108183

>>10108049
I have oily skin in the summer so I use it but in the winter my skin is p dry so o don't use it unless I'll be out for like 5+ hours. You use primer to make it stay on lower but also so it doesn't crease (if you have an eyelid crease)

>> No.10108413
File: 309 KB, 650x3504, pS_cg-method-1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10108034
>>10108035
Tried going full curly girl? I pretty much follow the "wavy" recommendations here but I don't use gel, just a leave in conditioner. I'd still recommend at least trying French braids for that root volume, and just use leave in conditioners/oils if needed rather than actual styling product. Oh, and cut any split ends off ASAP -that sort of damage only begets more damage.

>> No.10109145

Has anyone tried shampoo soap bars? I noticed Lush sell a huge selection of them. Are they worth the additional cost? It doesn't seem like you get much product and I'm concerned they may dry my hair out. But I like the idea of less packaging.

>> No.10109157

>>10109145
I have used a shampoo bar before, not from lush and wasn't a fan. Scrubbing the bar on the scalp gets quiet abrasive and if you have hard water, it can be diffcult to get it to lather nicely.

>> No.10109170

>>10109145
I've used one before (not from Lush). It was wonderful and you only need a little bit. I preferred to put a bit of soap on my hands and then just use it on the ends of my hair and my fringe. But I have wavy hair so I don't need to use much.

>> No.10109237

>>10109145
I've used them from Lush, and even though they're small, they last 3-12 months depending on how long your hair is and how often you wash it.

>>10109170
Don't put shampoo on just the ends of your hair wtf. That's the part of your hair that's already drier than the rest. You shampoo your scalp and condition your ends.

>> No.10109345

>>10109157
>>10109170
I think I'll purchase a bar to try out. Thanks for the response, anons. It's helpful to hear different opinions.

>>10109237
That's a lot longer I was expecting. Do you just lather the soap in your hands, and then apply it to your scalp like regular shampoo? Is the conditioner separate? A lot of them seem to be labelled as moisturising.

>> No.10109386

Any recommendation of a liquid korean-brand cushion foundation that's not too heavy, cakey and all? My skin tends to be dry and flakey/scaley. Poorfag too, so preferably something basic.

>> No.10109398

>>10109386
Uh???bb cream??

>> No.10109403

>>10109145
I've heard they dry out your hair like a mofo so I stay far away.

>> No.10109420

>>10109403
i use the honey bar and it’s honestly the best shampoo ever. it’s the most moisturizing out of them all and I will use it til i drop dead.

>> No.10109515

>>10109345
None of Lush's shampoos are moisturising because they all contain SLS. I just rub it on my scalp a few times.

There are separate solid conditions, but they all suck. I've never known anyone who could get them to work well or get good results from them.

>> No.10109516

>>10109398
from my experience bb and cc creams have pretty much the same consistency and heaviness as foundations... but I'll take suggestions for them too if they're worth it.
I just find cushion foundations appealing. I'd like to give them a try.

>> No.10109560

>>10109516
wut really? a lot of people use bb cream since it's lighter and not as thick as regular foundations. I use bb cream daily and different foundation when i need something thicker to cover spots. are you sure you're not over applying?

>> No.10109582

>>10109515
Thanks anon, I appreciate the advice! I'll stick to my regular conditioner and just try the shampoo.

>> No.10109604

>>10109237
I put it on the part of my hair that I think needs cleaning. I do not need to dry the skin on my head with soap.

>> No.10109616
File: 1.26 MB, 200x150, wut (2).gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10109604
> I do not need to dry the skin on my head with soap.
okay but like
why would you put soap on the driest part of your hair when your scalp is where all the oil and dirt builds up the most?

>> No.10109907
File: 18 KB, 400x400, Pony_Effect_Cushion_Colour_Chart_600x.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10109516
You can just buy an empty cushion case and fill it with whatever foundation you like. I've had similar experience with western bb creams, but korean's tend to make more light weight cc/bb creams and foundation in the first place.
I personally only use a moisturizing sun lotion with skintone evening properties when I don't want to deal with foundation, so if your skin is otherwise in good condition maybe try that? For foundations, my favorite is the Pony Effect Everlasting Cushion. It's super lightweight and has some moisturizing properties. I don't think it's that expensive either, as I think I got mine for 25usd and it included a refill cushion and puff.

>> No.10109911

>>10109616
>where all the oil and dirt builds up the most?
You mean the oil that naturally protects your hair?

>> No.10109955

>>10109911
The oil that protects your hair isn't doing jack shit when it's built up on your scalp, it has to be actually distributed on your hair... you don't need to completely strip all of your oils off with detergents, but buildup of crud from daily life isn't doing anything to help either.

>> No.10110788

Does anyone else well up when plucking their eyebrows? Not from pain or anything just reflexively

>> No.10110800

>>10110788
Sometimes a particularly deep/thick hair will do it. But my main issue is that plucking my eyebrow hair makes me sneeze. I thought I was alone in this world until I learned one of my girl friends has the same reflex.

>> No.10110831

>>10110788

My sinus' burn whenever I pluck my eyebrows & my allergies act up as my body thinks it's being attacked. However I stick through it cuz plucking lasts longer and is more detailed than using those tiny shaver things.

>> No.10110856

>>10110788
Every single time.

>> No.10111139

>>10110788
It used to happen to me every time, but now it literally never happens. Maybe it takes time for the body to get used to.

>> No.10111474

This question is skin care related I guess... I have pierced ears, and some months ago wearing earrings started to itch and feel a bit painful. At the time I assumed it was because my new headset was a bit too tight and had pressed on my ears an earrings in a weird way, because while I can't wear cheap shit tier earrings, wearing higher quality earrings has never been a problem. Turns out that the headset wasn't the problem because I'd feel the same discomfort even when not using it for a while. I have two pairs of favorite earrings, a silver pair and a gold pair, and I've used both of them for over 10 years without problems, but now I can't wear them anymore. Any idea what's going on? Taking a month long break from wearing earrings didn't help, as soon as I wore them again the itching came back.

>> No.10111528

>>10111474
You can acquire allergies over time from repeated exposure. It may be that.

I'd soak your ears really well in a saline solution (1 cup of water, 1/2 tsp salt) to clear out anything that may be literally inside of your piercing holes that may be irritating. I'd then try a pair of platinum or aluminum earrings and see if those cause any issues.

>> No.10111611

>>10111528
this^
also try titanium if platinum or aluminum don't work, it was what worked for me after a very difficult 2 years of infections and bad reactions

>> No.10111742

Any recommendations for a good sunscreen to use under makeup?

>> No.10111746

>>10111528
>>10111611
would stainless surgical steel be ok?

>> No.10111760

>>10111742
desu I use zinc oxide, it's the stuff lifeguards use
It's not as greasy as normal sunscreen and has a higher spf

>> No.10112029

>>10111746
"Stainless surgical steel" is not a proper grade and is a bullshit made up term. Bike spokes are made of "surgical steel."

>> No.10112030 [DELETED] 
File: 106 KB, 900x900, 2D4EA29C-115B-4336-9826-AFBD04025857.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

https://youtu.be/f8WP5GWIMQY

>> No.10112172

>>10110788
I actually send myself into sneezing fits when I tweeze my eyebrows, it's great for cleaning out the sinuses!

>> No.10112376

I use effaclar mat as my facial lotion and it works for the most part, but they haven't helped with some rough and dry patches on my face from old sunburns.
What do you guys recommend?

>> No.10113641

>>10112376
Something heavier over top? I use aquaphor in winter, I add it on to my daily moisturizer and it seems to help.

>> No.10114818

I know this might be a little more on the "icky" side of things, and i'm not sure where to post this, but i can't fit into any of my dresses at the moment because i'm insanely bloated due to constipation. I don't use laxatives and i would prefer something more natural to them. What's the best thing i can do to help because right now I'm in discomfort, stressed, and upset that this is happening.

And if laxatives are the only way, what are some gentle, fast acting ones?

>> No.10114932

>>10114818
How long since your last BM?
What is your diet like? What do you eat, and when?

Dried tamarind, prunes, and apples are all foods that will stimulate the bowels.

Senna tea is an option but not really pleasant.
Not painful but you kinda need to set aside a morning to yourself. You drink at night and go in the morning.

>> No.10114945

>>10114932
my last BM was technically sunday but it was such a small amount it didn't really do much. Before that was on friday. Im primarily on a high fiber/protein, low fat/sugar diet because I have a very sensitive stomach, and I eat very small meals frequently through the day (3-5 times a day, about 5-ish bites of food at a time, since I have gastroparesis and am unable to keep more than that down)

I think I have tamarind paste in my fridge, would this work as a good sub to dried tamarind? Thank you for the response I appreciate it tons

>> No.10114955

>>10114945
Sure, tamarind paste will work.

I wouldn't worry. You're technically not "constipated" since you're still at 3 BM a week. My intestines usually run like a clock, but occasionally have a 2-3 day period where nothing seems to be moving even if my diet and schedule doesn't change. Usually it's resolved by day 3.

Apples help draw water to your colon (and thus your stool), so munch on some apples if you can. I also recommend doing some gentle stretches (like yoga) before bed. Twisting and stretching will help get things moving.

>> No.10114958

>>10114955
Thank you! The reason i'm so worried is that i also have anxiety induced ibs so if i'm ever "constipated" it's just for a day or two tops, so this is definitely out of the ordinary for me and has me concerned. My intestines sound like a war zone at the moment trying to process food that won't leave. Ill be sure to get some apples, and i'm munching on my tamarind right now. Bless you and thanks again so much

>> No.10115112

>>10114818
make sure you're getting some sort of exercise in, even just a 20 minute walk, and drinking enough water. I used to go once a week, if that and it was really uncomfy. I tried changing my diet so much, but I really just needed to add some walking and adequate water and am good to go.

>> No.10116154

>>10115112
I get a lot of exercise from working in a kitchen, but i will try to go on a small walk. It's been slowly getting better the past 24 hours with the apple and tamarind trick!

>> No.10116275

>>10114818
All bran or bran flakes. My father has diverticulitis and he swears by the stuff. He eats a bowl in the morning and one at night. If he's particularly bad he will have 3-4 bowls. He eats prunes, plums, and figs too. I hope you feel better soon, anon!

>> No.10116695

My hair gets oily super quickly (quite literally within a day), but at the same time my scalp feels really irritated after each wash, so I'm guessing it's actually dry? I can't wash it less frequently than every other day since there's no way to make that greasy mess looks appropriate.
Has anyone run into the same problem?

>> No.10116709

>>10116695
How long is it?

>> No.10116713

>>10116709
Shoulder-length.

>> No.10116855

>>10114818
When I'm constipated, I take stool softener (tmi I never want to experience an anal fissure ever again) and some form of a magnesium supplement (calcium magnesium at the moment) to get things moving along. Just be prepared to be at home or near a bathroom when you take the mag

>> No.10116859

>>10116695
The shampoo your using must be very abrasive it seems.

>> No.10116879

>>10116695
I had somewhat similar issues. Try out shampoos and conditioners marketed as 'sensitive' and see if any of them helps out. That's what I did, at least. Dropping silicone was the biggest help, it's horrible for my scalp for some reason even though it doesn't bother most people.

>> No.10116888
File: 25 KB, 355x355, 81bTi2VbZDL._SY355_.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10114818
If we're just giving constipation advice, whenever it happens to me I take MiraLAX (it just softens, doesn't make you have to go so it's not painful), and if that doesn't work I bring out the senna. I drink this tea before I go to bed and then in the morning it is VERY painful but it always gets EVERYTHING out. I always feel great afterwards.

>> No.10116951

>>10116879
some people dont realize they have slight silicone allergies because its not normally something our bodies are in contact with every day to notice more.
my hair is thick and oddly textured due to being mixed, so it took a long time for me to find a shampoo that worked for me.
i use all organic shampoos now and alternate shampooing and conditioning every other day and that seems to help keep my hair happy and my scalp not pissed.

>> No.10116959

Does anyone know what this style of braids is called so I can look for a tutorial? https://twitter.com/BABY_THE_STARS/status/1097683179610169345?s=19

>> No.10116967

>>10116959
They're crown braids. You regular braid or french braid your hair into two parts and pull the braids up to form a crown on your head. You pin the ends of the braids at the top where they meet and tuck under the braids.

>> No.10117494
File: 25 KB, 665x574, 47b (2).jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Are those curling wands shaped like bubbles easier to use than the traditional cylindrical ones? I don't have enough natural hair myself to actually style but I make and style a lot of wigs, both human hair and synthetic, and I'm looking to expand my toolset but I don't really understand the point of the weird shaped barrel

>> No.10117595

What to do when you go overkill on a spot? :/

I had a really deep cystic zit. I've been using Neutrogena rapid clear on it, which is about 10% benzoyl peroxide. It worked well and I did it again last night to finally vanish the remnants of the zit, but a little bit later I forgot that I used this and put on my .1% tretinoin cream. I normally don't use tretinoin when I use the rapid clear cream.

Now this morning the spot is a pink/itchy and the skin looks irritated. I've been rubbing on aloe vera straight from the plant and just put an antibiotic on it too. Is there anything else I can do to quickly heal it?

>> No.10117600

>>10117595
Hydrocolloid bandage (those acne spot things, or buy a larger one and cut a piece off)

>> No.10117787

Cute lolita makeup turorial for european features?

>> No.10117790

>>10117494
Iirc it's just to make curls look more natural.
A straight curling wand will make curls more doll-like whereas this is more like natural messy curly

>> No.10117981

>>10117787
Stultitiae laus but you might not find her style 'cute'

>> No.10118058

>>10114818
Stop eating fiber. Seriously.

>> No.10118062

>>10118058
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3435786/

>> No.10118095
File: 22 KB, 720x574, ughghhghghhh.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

So once I graduate and enter the workforce, I'm going to go back to makeup again. Before I used Too Faced products mostly, with a bit of some old Tokidoki Sephora mixed in. I don't really want to use Too Faced as much anymore but I will if I have to...
Part of me wants to go Lime Crime and Fenty just for aesthetic, but is this wise? I know Fenty Beauty is usually a safe bet, but Lime Crime I'm not entirely sure about. Also a little bit of Jeffree Star too. Yes. I'm a fool who really likes the colors he puts in his palettes.

On a more immediate note, I got a cut on my upper eyelid when I was out one day, and the skin dried up there and began to peel without me touching it, so I put some lotion on the area after a shower to try and help the dryness recover, but somehow that made things worse and now there's an awful dry patch there that sometimes peels and a bit of the cut is still there. Not sure what to do about it, and it's been a month.

>> No.10118099 [DELETED] 

>>10118062

This is a fucking terrible study. Please be quiet until you can actually read research instead of spreading misinformation.

>> No.10118110

>>10118095
I'm glad you won't use too faced anymore. The aesthetic is nice but the products are chalk. I recommend Anastasia or j* for eyeshadows and highlighters and tarte for for blushes. I also personally love fenty foundation but the formula isnt for everyone

>> No.10118113

>>10118095
Lime crime sucks

>> No.10118123

>>10118113
Their lip products do?
I mean I never expected their Diamond Crushers to last long, which is what I'm mostly considering. I was actually considering a j* base with a diamond crusher overlay.

>> No.10118131

Another question, sorry.
So now that I'm looking into foundations again... I need to figure out what my undertones are. Is there any easy way to figure this out?

>> No.10118136

>>10118131
There's many articles on this subject. All you have to do is look past your skin colour and figure out what colour hue your skin has.

pink/red= cool, gold/yellow = warm, none= neutral

>> No.10118141

Any advice for chin acne that just keeps popping up? I have combination skin but since I live in a canadian city notorious for dry wind and cold temperatures my face can get pretty dry. I wash my face regularly, same with my pillow and pillowcase, but i keep getting pimples around the same areas (under the corners of my mouth, near my chin, etc). Also advice for getting rid of acne scars? I used to pick at them but I havent in a year. They still wont go away.

>> No.10118282

>>10117595
For problems like this I usually take a bandaid and fill the cotton part with witch hazel then stick it on for a few hours or overnight

>> No.10118286

>>10118110
what's with too faced?

>> No.10118351

>>10118141
Chin acne is hormonal. If you wax chin hair too, that could contribute.

>> No.10118435

>>10118351
Ive never waxed it. Tried to shave it sometimes but no dice. They only seem to really pop up around big events too which bothers me.

>> No.10118439

>>10118435
Stress affects your hormones, and usually people get stressed out near big events. Just be attentive to areas you get break outs and spot treat them with antibacterials like tea tree oil, or bha/aha masks.

>> No.10118445

>>10107394
Dumb male who bought this a while ago cause it was trending on amazon here
Can this stuff be the only product I use on my face after showering, given all I want is moisturizing? I've been using ust an Aloe Vera moisturizer before.

>> No.10118447

anybody have an alt to Neutrogena hydroboost water gel for really dry skin? I was thinking corsx? I finished Accutane almost two years ago but it wrecked my skin texture and I redeveloped acne.

>> No.10118505

>>10118439
Do you have anything in specific you'd reccomend? I'm wary of trusting oils because of the Mario Badescu rosewater fiasco.

>> No.10118509
File: 1.23 MB, 2988x2778, 20190303_003615~2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10118447
combination skin here, this is what ive been using recently.

>> No.10118533

>>10118505
I can't blindly recommend anything to you since I have no idea what your skin is like and what its sensitive to. As for aha/bha masks, none of them are too different from one another. I use one with green algae, but it's sold out.

Skincare is really just trial and error, since no one starts out knowing what their skin is sensitive to and what it needs. Just look up aha/bha and look for things with good ratings, and try them out. Either way, most acne treatments use bha.

>> No.10118537

>>10118447
That moisturizer is recommended for oily skin, and you're saying that you have very dry skin?

>> No.10118542

>>10118445
No you'll need to moisturize after using toner or else it'll just dry your skin out. Toner is meant to prepare the skin for moisturizer anyway.

>> No.10118625

How do stop pimples and blemishes on butt and thighs?

>> No.10118644

>>10118625
exfoliate

>> No.10118647

>>10118509
not that anon, but this stuff makes my pores get so dirty and gross so fast. I have to really really clean them out basically every day hardcore when I use this shit.it makes my skin feel really oily and I have pretty dry skin, but it does feel very moisturizing, so despite how nasty it makes my pores (it also makes them look bigger, it's a love hate relationship), I use it out of dryness at least 2 times a week.

>> No.10118716

>>10118647
Oh shit my bad. I havent had an issue with it so far. What moisturizer do you use?

>> No.10119118

>>10107394
>I recently started using the CosRX Snail Mucin essence too

damn, i only started using that because there was a strike at the amazon warehouse in texas where my essence was and i had to go out and buy some. i don't know a thing about brands, but i was recommended it by the floor people. i'm glad it turned out well, for everyone that's used it and for me.

>> No.10120145

Alight gulls, I need some assistance. I never wore makeup before but finally decided to start. I want to stick to eye makeup, lipstick, blush and concealer. Issue is that I don't know what other products I need (aside from the obvious). Do I need to set the concealer, do I need primer for it? I just want to know how to prevent it from looking crap. I'll take any other advice people have.

I also want some advice about hair. I have long straight hair, and want to get some bangs since I like them with lolita. I'm thinking of also getting some side pieces/hime bangs so there's something to frame my face when I tie my hair up. I am unsure what to say to a hairdresser though. Most times I'd just ask for "a trim" or "side fringe", if I tried to do something different with my hair it would never turn out the way I'd want it. I'm pretty sure that in the west bangs are cut differently than in Japan (or maybe I'm wrong). Any advice how to describe to a western hairdresser what I want to make sure it doesn't turn out bad? I just want to look cute.

>> No.10120149

Has anyone used the foot peel masks? I recently bought one by earth therapeutics, used it... and it's been 4 days, and no peeling. What gives? lol

>> No.10120152

>>10120145
You don’t need anything else. But yes primer before and setting after helps. Not sure how you are using a concealer without foundation but go for it.

Be assertive about what hairstyle you want and show pics. It takes a bit of learning but a competent hairdresser should be able to do blunt bangs

>> No.10120158

>>10120152
Well I haven't used anything yet, but I've heard quite a few people use concealer for dark circles without using foundation. That's basically the main thing I want to cover up on a daily basis, my dark circles are pretty bad, but the rest of my skin is ok. I might get some light coverage foundation too, but not for day to day use. I'm generally avoiding too much coverage because I have freckles and would like them to stay visible. My face would look too fake to me if I covered them up.

Also another question that I forgot earlier. For sun cream, are there specific creams made to be used on the face, or do you just use any sun cream? I always assumed you'd need a special one, but couldn't actually find any.

>> No.10120167

>>10120149
I've used the Tony moly one and it took about six days and I forgot to soak my feet every day. Soaking definitely helps speed it up. It was great!

>> No.10120183

>>10120158
If you use bb cream or a very sheer coverage foundation, it won't cover your freckles. Also, you need foundation/bb cream over concealer, because concealer is never supposed to match your skintone. It should be 1-2 shades lighter and, especially if you're covering up dark circles, yellow toned. Personally, I have a pink toned bb cream, and that matches to the coral that's good for covering up dark circles on light skin. Press a bit of powder over your undereyes, to set everything. Setting concealer is important because sometimes the oil and pigment separate, and you prevent that by setting it. If you find your undereyes too dry, then invest in a good undereye cream. Also, primer is supposed to smooth over your skin to make whatever you put on after seem less bumpy.

As for your hair, remember to tell them to not cut your bangs bowl shaped, and stick to a middle part. Bunt bangs won't shape right on side parting. Pictures show best what you really want.
I have the same hairstyle, and make sure your hairdresser knows which parts have to be cut which length, because it's a measurement kind of haircut. They're modeled after hime cuts also, they just have less hair cut that short in the front.

>> No.10120237

>>10120167
I have been soaking but nothing is happening! I just want my feet to peel, damnit. Thanks anon!

>> No.10121255

>>10118644
what's the best way to exfoliate your legs? Body scrub?

>> No.10121267

>>10121255
I swear by dry brushing

>> No.10121791

>>10121255
Italy towel

>> No.10124267

>>10118141
birth control always did this to me. I eventually stopped taking it. If sex is the issue, make them use a condom - if the issue is latex allergy, get some latex-free condoms online.

Probably birth control is mostly taken for other reasons though, regulating period and such...

I ended up deciding buster-big hormonal acne wasn't worth less painful/less heavy periods.

>> No.10124275

>>10124267
I know firsthand that BC sometimes has to be taken for hormonal disorders or to control pain from endometriosis. I was taken to ER due to the pain several times before they prescribed me BC, several years before I lost my virginity.

>> No.10124615

Dumb question, but I recently got my hands on the Moisture Milk Hand cream by Edfolio, and I was wondering if it's ok to use it as a moisturizer for my face?

>> No.10124844

what makeup brushes should I get for a first timer?

>> No.10124883

>>10124844
go for the rosegold set from BH cosmetics. its a good price, good brand, and has all of your basics.

>> No.10124885

Can we request hair style inspiration and tutorials here?

I have very thin/flat hair and I'm looking for ways to style it for gothic lolita, without using products that might damage it.

>> No.10124911

>>10124885
I'm in the same boat, just go for a good wig.
As a rule, it'll look better than your limp flat hair.

>> No.10124912

>>10124911
I hate wearing wigs, I rather look bad

>> No.10124925

>>10124912
Then maybe lolita isnt for you.

>> No.10124947
File: 95 KB, 595x394, 1496708867600.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10124925
Nah, I'm going to have fun learning new hairstyles, taking the time to look even better in lolita

>> No.10124969

>>10124885
How long is it?
Dutch braids and crown braids are always good staples, rag curls can be done without product, and looped pigtail braids don't need much volume.

>> No.10125773

>>10124615
I would assume that since it says "hand" in the name, it shouldn't be used on the face

>> No.10125841

Is there any sort of definitive guide for makeup based on face/eye shape, skin type etc? I can't seem to find any makeup looks that suit me

>> No.10125850

>>10125841
>go to youtube
>search "makeup for hooded eyes" etc
>???
>profit

>> No.10125854

>>10118110
j* is a raging racist cunt, why do you support him?

>> No.10125857
File: 78 KB, 1200x630, colman1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

best hair/general tips for a fucked face shape? i look like pic related with weaker bone structure.

>>10107394
rosehip seed oil really cleared my skin up even without toner. i have normal-to-combo skin and i think it helped regulate the oil

>> No.10125876

Even though I'm only 23 I've already started getting fine lines on my forehead, because my skin is just so super dry. But on the other hand I also still have break outs, especially underneath my jaw line and on my chin.
Whenever I get myself a moisturizer that's rich enough to calm any irritations caused by dryness and to "fill out" those lines, the rest of my face gets super itchy, looks greasy and by the time it's evening I'll definitely have minimum 3 new pimples.
Any recommendations?

>> No.10125877

Samefag, but I forgot to add: I have a similar problem with my eyes as well. They look super dry and wrinkly, but every eye cream I try makes them itch or tear up.

>> No.10125880

>>10125876
retinol serum

>> No.10126251

Can someone recommend a budget friendly cream blush? I'm finding it difficult to source cruelty free products. Does anyone know of a good lip tint too? Preferably something available in the UK– customs has been awful recently.

>> No.10126252

>>10125876
That's normal at 23

>> No.10126254

>>10125876
I'm the same age as you with similar skin concerns. If your skin can handle it, you should try a retinol serum as >>10125880 suggested. I avoid retinol because my skin is so sensitive. I use a glycolic acid toner to combat dryness and a serum with 10% niacinamide and azelaic acid. Both products have really improved my skin texture. My skin no longer feels dry and my fine lines aren't as pronounced. A retinol serum will definitely be more effective though, as it'll increase your cell turnover.

>> No.10126274

>>10125876
Jojoba oil. Don't put anything on your eyes.

>> No.10126561

Could moisturing your undereyes make puffiness worse? Ever since I started my eyes look dark, swollen and sick, I can't find anything about this online

>> No.10126618

>>10125854
His apology was genuine, unlike pretty much every other YouTuber who said something racist. He knows what he did wrong, admits it, and is trying really hard to be better. He also actually talks about shade ranges and stuff that a lot of white YouTubers just don't

>> No.10127007

>>10107394
My rose water spray. Literally the quickest, cheapest, no alcohol, has helped so much with my acne and scars, the only issue is when i forget to use it!
>>10126251
I have a catrice cream to powder blush, sadly its a limited edition, but maybe they have a similar product in stock? Its cheap and CF.
For good lip tints, and not korean, i like my clarins lip stain a lot, i cant remember if they test on animals but it's made in EU.
>>10126618
Was it really? Seemed really fake to me, and he didnt care about shade range until people started making noise about it.

>> No.10127013

>>10126561
Maybe you’re allergic to an ingredient? Are there fragrances in it?

>> No.10127027

>>10127007
>didn’t care about shade range until people started making noise about it
That’s literally every brand. He’s on the bandwagon now, at least. Trashing other brands with small shade ranges since he knows it’s popular to do so.

>> No.10127373
File: 351 KB, 1186x768, Uchiha_Itachi.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I have really intense eye bags that creep across my face I feel like it makes me look older then I am and some days I feel like Itachi (pic related) I've also lost weight and my thinner face makes it more noticeable. Any kind of eye cream you guys could recommend? I've been using etude house under eye patches and moistfull collagen eye cream and it helps but only a bit.

>> No.10127379
File: 159 KB, 640x1482, 1552695997468.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10127373
is this you? lol. do you have any vitamin absorption issues? You might be low on vitamins, especially since you lost weight. depending on how you lost it you might be pretty deficient. I really suggest taking a good multivitamin and making sure you're getting ample restful sleep. Topical things will only do so much, make sure you're getting what your body needs and it might help. Make sure you're drinking enough water as well.

>> No.10127382

>>10127379
My eye bags aren't that bad geez thankyou anon I feel a little better about how they look

>> No.10127383

>>10127382
Seriously, just make sure you're taking good care of your body, getting good sleep and making sure you're getting a wide range of vitamins. It should help a lot! I lost over 150 pounds (yes I was a fatty) and vitamins was something my body was severely lacking. My eye bags were crazy, my skin was sad, and topicals only really seemed to mask the issue. Good luck anon!

>> No.10127409
File: 23 KB, 300x300, Milia-1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I get milia in my under eyes when I use eye cream but my eyes also get dry.
I have very dry skin. Any suggestions for an eye cream that will help plump that area without giving me a bunch of bumps?

>> No.10127426

>>10127409
I use Mizon's Collagen Power Firming Eye Cream, and it doesn't give me milia (other eye creams have, so I understand your pain). It isn't the most heavy duty one out there, but if you just have some dryness, it might work for you.

>> No.10127428

>>10127409
Not an eye cream, but shape tape hides everything.

>> No.10127429

>>10127426
I'll look into it, thanks.
>>10127428
I have it, but I haven't mastered how to make it not look cakey yet. Any tips?

>> No.10127436

>>10127429
Hm, maybe apply a small amount and blend it out over the area you want, building up coverage as needed? I personally don’t have an issue with cakeyness but I only use it in problem areas.
You could also try baking it, but I’ve never done that just below my eyes before.

>> No.10127630

>>10127383
I hadn't really thought about if I'm getting enough vitamins but I'll look into it. I also lost a fair amount of weight (100+ so far) Thanks anon

>> No.10127663

This is embarrassing but I have some mild darkness on my upper lip area. It just looks slightly different from the rest of my face and I get really self-conscious about it. Does anyone have experience with any products that could help with this?

>> No.10127723

>>10127383
>>10127630
How did you manage to lose so much weight?

>> No.10127730

>>10127723
eye bag anon here, I think the most important thing for me was to realize how many calories I was eating with a diary and cataloged my food every single day. I also lost a like 15+ lbs right off the bat by cutting out soda cold turkey and not drinking all my calories in sugary coffee beverages.

>> No.10127751

>>10127723
Track calories. I do keto now which works amazing for my body since I have hypothyroidism, but before I literally just tracked calories. I didn't work out or anything. I do jog daily now though, but I'm maintaining.

>> No.10128139

Any youtubers out there who are honest and well informed about skincare? I already watch and love Liah Yoo. Not interested in makeup channels since I don't wear it on a daily basis

>> No.10129286

Is there a such thing as a sunscreen that's $20 or less and won't break me out? I was using everyone's favorite, the biore watery essence, for years and idk what happened but my skin doesn't like it anymore. I don't wear makeup anymore so wearing sunscreen is important to me and I wanna get back on the skin care bandwagon

>> No.10129301

>>10129286
I had problems with sunscreen products for the face (western brands) giving me break-outs as well.
Currently I use A'pieu (Korean brand) Madecassoside Sun Screen spf 39, PA++.
Been using it daily for 2 weeks now and so far it hasn't given me any break outs.
I like it very much so I'm hoping the spf 39 will be enough for me in summer, cause I'm very pale and my skin is very sensitive to sun.
Might be worth a try for you too?

>> No.10129772

>>10128139
Alice in the Rabbit Hole does a lot of skincare-specific videos. It's not a purely skincare channel though.

She has degrees in Chemistry and Psych and brings a lot of her background into her analysis of product ingredients.

>> No.10129775

>>10127429
How are you applying it? A damp sponge it the only way to go with Shape Tape. Also, your primer can hardcore effect how cakey it looks. I find that heavy silicone primers look the worst with it. Something that dries a little tacky is best. Also, start with a small amount and add more coverage in light layers as needed. If you go in with this concealer like a booty guru you're going to look wack in person (but good on camera).

I personally set with powder (no baking) and use a dewy setting spray and don't have caking issues.

>> No.10129778

>>10129775
Nyart but no matter what I tried I would get a cakey look with shape tape, or really any concealer in general. I tried everything, primers, damp beauty blender, setting it, etc and it never looked right on me. My skin is also oily type too, I don't get why people liked shape tape so much

>> No.10129838

I need some help from gel nail veterans!

I got my nails done about a month ago with a girlfriend after saying we'd do it for years. I'm going to assume what I have on my hand is gel because they stuck my hand in a UV lamp to cure it - the workers didn't speak a lick of English so I just went with it and my usually brittle nails survived con crunch and didn't look like garbage by the time the con rolled around.

At this point they've grown out and it's not a good look. I want to take them off and have the means, but before I had anything put on them the lady took a dremel and sanded the crap out of them and now they look like ass underneath - is this typical practice or did I just get really unlucky?
Part of me is thinking I could go and get them done again at a different salon while they grow out, but I don't want to damage my real nails further and have a repeat of the sanding situation. It was heartbreaking because I'd grown them out quite nicely and thought I'd be able to keep that even after I took the gel off.

One finger peeled on its own and I've remedied the roughness with one of those boards with four sides to smooth it out, but it's not perfect and I have splinter hemorrhages under my nails now.

It's a shame because I love the look, how long it lasts and how I can do more things with my hands without risking ripping my nails off, but not if it means ruining the actual nails underneath.

>> No.10129951

>>10129838
There are various kinds of gel polish. It sounds like you got very traditional gel nails done, which do require the nails to be buffed (although it does sound like your tech may have done more than is necessary). You can look into options like soak-off gel polish or shellac, both of which can be removed with acetone and will do less damage to your nail bed.

>> No.10129981

>>10129951

Thanks for the info! I'll definitely look around and ask, there's a few salons down the road from me (for some reason its nothing but fast food and nail/hair salons and they do very well for a small town) so hopefully I can ask them what their process is or if they can avoid going ham while I give my nails a chance to recover.

>> No.10130065

Will a wave wand produce curls? I want to recreate a 70s Farrah Fawcett hairstyle. I'm really confused as to what the difference is between the Babyliss Big Wave Wand and Babyliss Soft Wave Wand. I really don't want to buy traditional curling tongs– I always get my hair stuck in the clamp mechanism.

>> No.10130071

>>10130065
As someone who has styled wigs extensively, both human hair and synthetic, no. If your concern is the clamp mechanism, I recommend getting a wand without the clamp (they exist, but you should use specially made gloves with it to manipulate the hair without burning yourself, and with a screwdriver you can often remove the clamp on an existing iron). Alternatively, a set of rollers, hot or not, in various sizes will serve you very well across multiple styles. If you don't want to buy hot curlers, "magnetic" curlers are inexpensive enough you could buy them in a wide range of sizes, however you will need clips of some kind to keep them in place

>> No.10130124
File: 228 KB, 746x400, simone-gerhardt-styling-tools.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10130071
Thanks for the reply, anon. I'm trying to achieve a style similar to Simone Gerhardt's from Fargo. I can't seem to find a "curling" wand without the clamp. The wands without the clamp are all referred to as a wave wand. Is pic related the tool you're referring to, or am I being stupid?

I have used curlers in the past and they worked well. But I was hoping to find a less time consuming method for everyday wear!

>> No.10130161
File: 70 KB, 488x488, GUEST_03c59bba-8ee5-4116-ac45-a9eb8a7a7ceb.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10130124
Yes those look like what you would want if you didn't want a clamp, you also might want to try searching for "clipless curling iron" for more results, I understand a wave iron as looking more like a large version of a crimping iron like pic related which isn't going to help you achieve curls. You can also use a flat iron to curl your hair. If you ever decide to go back to irons with clamps, there are curling irons aimed at professionals often referred to as "Marcel" irons that have a clamp that isn't spring loaded to avoid fatigue (sometimes when you search for Marcel irons you'll get results for stove irons, aka irons you need to put in an special oven to heat since they're often called that too, these are not what you want)

>> No.10131484

I have red patches in the creases on either side of my nose, is there a way to fix this? I feel like my glasses may be a cause

>> No.10133516
File: 6 KB, 474x637, belly.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

What sort of shapewear brand/ style/ type works best for concealing a chubby and permanently bloated-looking belly? I carry a lot of my fat around my belly and I have really bad posture. I'm working on both of those things but in the meantime I'd like to try to conceal my issues with shapewear.
Pic related, I traced over a photo of me from the side and colored the area I'd like to conceal in green.

>> No.10133626

>>10133516
high waisted spanx

>> No.10133997

>>10133516
Just get lipo if it's really stubborn. Cheap, quickish recovery(6 week), and permanent.

>> No.10134000

>>10133997
>just get lipo
yeah.. just drop $3k like everybody has that kind of money around here

>> No.10134004

>>10134000
Lol wut? 3k isnt shit and lipo is usually around 6-10k. If your local doctor is charging 3k that's a steal.

>> No.10134015

>>10133997
Most people can't take 6 weeks off of work and pay thousands of dollars to remove some fat. Also, lipo isn't permanent. You can gain the weight back.

>> No.10134019

>>10134015
You only gain it back if you don't take care of yourself. Eat right and exercise and you're fine. If you're the type to gain it back just get fat transfer so it won't return to your problem areas

>> No.10134034

>>10134019
>If you're the type to gain it back just get fat transfer so it won't return to your problem areas

Not how that works.

>> No.10134037

>>10134034
It absolutely does work like that lmao unless you gain a shit ton of weight (15+ pounds) do you seriously not know a single person who has had a bbl ? It's the most common fat transfer option.

>> No.10134041

I'm an anon who's had lipo.

Inb4 "fatty", I'm actually 100 lbs and an average height. Never had an ED, always had this same weight, but no matter how much I worked out, all my fat would be covering my abs while my arms and legs looked like sticks. Had the lipo and when I regained the weight (as I intended to, since I'm already underweight and don't need to lose more), it distributed much more nicely and I fuckin love my waist now. Abs are way more visible and it's not obvious at all. It's not for everyone but just figured I'd throw that out there for anyone genuinely considering it.

>> No.10134042

>>10134041
I've had a 365 BBL procedure. Best money I ever spent. My body is absolutely perfect now. Highly recommend it for anyone with stuck belly fat/weird distribution.

>> No.10134056

>>10134037
15 pounds is not a "shit ton" of weight. What are you on about? Most women I know fluctuate 5-10 pounds a month from their periods alone.

Also, yes, I have a friend who got a BBL and then a second surgery a few years later to reshape. When she gained weight for the second surgery, guess where it went? All over. Because your body doesn't psychically know to put it on your ass just because you want it there.

>> No.10134059

>>10134056
Nayrt but I think gaining that much is a shit ton of weight to gain. I can’t imagine how huge you must be to think it isn’t.

>> No.10134067

>>10134056
15 pounds is quite a bit of weight. You must be pretty fat if 5-10 pounds is a normal change. If your friend had to go in for round 2 it means she obviously had no self control. If you get fat after lipo or mess up your transfer its because you cant put the fork down. Lmao it's really not hard to stay good looking post surgery if you put the slightest bit of effort in .

>> No.10134081

>>10133997
Belly anon here, I've actually been thinking about getting lipo for a couple of years so this is kind of reassuring. I'll look into it more once I have some more cash saved up.

>> No.10134084

>>10134081
Take your time. This is not something to jump into. Personally I recommend traveling to miami, the surgeons there are the best at fat transfer. The most important thing is to not bargain shop or get impatient as this is a serious commitment and you truely get what you pay for. My total costs (travel/food/medical costs/time off work) came out to around 15k. Tbh it's worth it to wait and splurge on a high dollar surgeon. A badass surgeon can transform a 1 to a 10.

>> No.10134392

>>10134056
i'd say most women fluctuate between 1-5 pounds during their period but it drops very fast after the period ends. 15 pounds is a lot of weight. think of it the other way: someone who is 10st and looks in shape would look anorexic if they dropped 15lbs. it makes a huge difference. if you are on an actual weight loss journey 15 pounds isn't a huge amount to lose, but it is still large enough that you'd have to consider it a weight loss JOURNEY to lose it

>> No.10134440

>>10134059
Maybe if you're 4'10" it might be a lot, but 15 pounds really isn't that much on most people.

Also I'm not fat, but I know me saying that won't stop you from thinking it.

>>10134067
My friend went in for a second surgery because she wanted some reshaping because after a few years, her ass wasn't as perky as it was. She was then told to gain weight for the reshaping process. She hadn't gained any prior to that. When she gained the weight for the surgery, it went to more than just her ass, as that's what weight does.

I'd reiterate my point above about not being fat, but you won't care.

>>10134392
People's weight can change 1-5 pounds in a day, let alone just around their periods.

Also, no, losing about 10% of your body weight isn't going to make you look anorexic unless you're already on the verge of it.

I'm starting to think everyone here is either extremely short or has no muscle mass at all.

>> No.10134446

>>10134440
Fat confirmed. At most my weight fluctuates 3lbs around my monthly. That is a MASSIVE amount of weight to casually fluctuate.

>> No.10134460

>>10134446
>Also I'm not fat, but I know me saying that won't stop you from thinking it.

Called it.

Also, you clearly don't weigh yourself very often. Your weight when you first wake up VS when you go to sleep probably varies by more than 3 pounds. Unless, as I said, everyone here is a midget.

>> No.10134464

>>10134460
You trying to deflect doesn’t change the fact you sound like a fucking whale. No person of a normal weight fluctuates that much regularly unless they have a condition or inhale MASSIVE amounts of sodium every day

>> No.10134468

>>10134440
>15 pounds really isn't that much on most people
You're insane, it's definitely a lot. I'm 5'4" and 15lbs would make me look fat for sure. Source: fucking been there and done that and lost the weight.

>> No.10134470

>>10134464
>inhale MASSIVE amounts of sodium every day
you mean gulls don’t already do that?

>> No.10134471

>>10134470
>Hurr durr memes

OK fatty

>> No.10134472

>>10134464
>https://www.livestrong.com/article/434236-why-do-you-lose-weight-after-a-nights-sleep/

>If you've ever weighed at night before you go to bed and then again first thing the next morning, you noticed that there is usually a difference of anywhere from one to three pounds.

Hey, maybe I sound like a whale, but you sound like a fucking idiot.

>> No.10134475

>>10134460
nayrt but holy shit, if you think it's normal to fluctuate 15 lbs you have to be a whale. Most of my clothes wouldn't even fit me if I gained that much mass. The fact that you regularly gain that much weight and aren't affected by it proves youre an obeast or that your scale is broken.

>> No.10134476

>>10134471
oh my god anon unclench your asshole

>> No.10134477

>>10134475
At no point did I say I regularly gain/lose 15 pounds. All I've said is that 15 pounds is not a "shit ton" of weight on most people. Learn to read.

>> No.10134479

>>10134477
It’s a shit ton to any normal weight person. Unless it’s like some 6’5” guy.

>> No.10134483

>>10134477
It absolutely is. It would be a shit ton of weight to anyone who wears properly fitting clothes. I was literally just talking with a TALL MAN who complained about how he looks so small in his old suit because he lost 15 lbs since he bought it.

>> No.10134488
File: 77 KB, 600x600, dw_eyelash_004.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

What brands and models of lashes do you use? I want some more casual lashes (currently using Eylure Most Wanted I Heart This for dramatic looks). Would you say Dolly Wink are worth it?

>> No.10134491

>>10134479
>>10134483
No, unless you're short and/or have NO MUSCLE MASS, 15 pounds is not a "shit ton" of weight. Sorry, but that's just the case. No amount of personal anecdotes or you all calling me a whale changes that.

Anyone who goes to a gym regularly and isn't an ana-chan or incredibly short can lose or gain 15 pounds without it being an extreme body change. I'm not saying it would go unnoticed on everyone, but that isn't the same as everyone here calling it a "shit ton" of weight.

>> No.10134492

>>10134491
For gym-hitting men? Sure, I'll agree 15 lbs isn't much.

For any woman? Lmao oh honey.

>> No.10134504

>>10134491
Kek it's the "everyone that doesn't agree with me is an ana-chan" defense.
15lbs/6.8-ish kilo's is a lot and I'll bet you ain't a bodybuilder either, delusional-chan.

>> No.10134516

>>10134491
You’re fat and in denial.

>> No.10134520
File: 270 KB, 2538x2031, cmx47u51k8c01.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10134491
I googled "15 lb weight loss" and found some comparison photos. A lot of them are pretty drastic looking, like this one. Come on, anon.

>> No.10134528

>>10134488
Ardell is cheap and easy to double stack. Kiss too.

>> No.10134533

>>10134491
Oh fatty chan. I'm tall and built like a man and even for me 15 pounds is a lot. Go on a diet that isn't a seefood diet.

>> No.10134536

>>10134491
i lost 15 lbs and ended up in the hospital
but thats just me

>> No.10134538

>>10134491
I used to be literally 260lbs and the more weight I've lost, the more I see/lose in inches with less amounts of weight lost. I'm down to about ~170 now, and the difference in appearance 10-15lbs makes is MORE drastic. It's also more visible when I put on a little bit of water weight during my period. I imagine that when I'm down to my goal weight, a 15lb difference will be incredibly evident.

>> No.10134551

>>10134492
Any woman who goes to the gym is in the same boat.

>>10134504
I'm not a bodybuilder, no, but I go to the gym and actually have some muscle mass on me.

>>10134516
no u

>>10134520
Because on the left she has absolutely no muscle mass. You can tell she's gained some because her arms and legs haven't thinned out much, mostly just around her stomach. Her arms and legs have gained a bit of muscle during her fat loss, and that's why there's a huge difference and she no longer has a gut.

>>10134533
Sounds like you got the shit end of the stick in every way when it comes to body types then.

>>10134536
>what is healthy weight loss VS unhealthy weight loss

>>10134538
Firstly, congrats on your weight loss.

Secondly, of course 15 pounds is more noticeable when it's a larger percentage of your current body weight. That's just math.

>> No.10134555

>>10134551
>of course 15 pounds is more noticeable when it's a larger percentage of your current body weight

So what you're saying is that 15 lbs is a lot for someone under 200lbs and people who consider 15 lbs of weight negligible are probably fat. Glad we agree.

>> No.10134563

>>10134551
>Secondly, of course 15 pounds is more noticeable when it's a larger percentage of your current body weight. That's just math.

So you're finally acknowledging it. You think 15 lbs isn't a lot because you're fat.

>> No.10134646

>>10134488
I use the ones from daiso that come in a 3 pack for USD$1.50. They aren't super long-lasting but they're cheap enough that I don't care if I have to throw out a pair every 8 months
I'll get a pic if I can find em

>> No.10134696

>>10134555
At no point did I say "negligible." I just said not a "shit ton."

>>10134563
Again, not what I'm saying. Learn to read.

>> No.10134707

I'm not fat, but I regularly suffer from really bad water retention due to a bodily issue. To the point I can gain 10-15 pounds of water weight in a short period of time that lasts for a week or so. It fucking sucks and I know it's not normal.

>> No.10134712

>>10134696
Again, unless you're fat, 15lbs is a shit ton because it can make an entire wardrobe not fit, unless you only buy o/s items.

>> No.10134738

>>10134696
Why hasn't McDonald's kicked you out yet? You've been using their wifi all day.

>> No.10134992

I sweat like it's nobody's goddamn business. In my every day life I just ignore it and change clothes often but I'm scared of my burando starting to smell now that I wear it more often. Can anyone with similar problems recommend a deodorant that actually works?

>> No.10134995
File: 1.66 MB, 2560x1920, 19-03-26-17-53-30-773_deco.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Should I do it anons?

I never lightened my hair before. Would it be very damaging? It's down to my butt but I want it to grow even longer.

Left pic is me, right is an example of what I want

>> No.10134997

>>10134992
Botox shots can help reduce or eliminate sweating. Its popular for underarm areas.

>> No.10135008

>>10134995
That looks like an ombré, which isn’t as damaging as bleaching your whole head. Take the right pic to your hairstylist/ a hairstylist your friend recommends and have them go for it.
Coloring your hair won’t automatically make it shorter, it will just make it thinner due to fallout. It’s really only when you start bleaching your hair once a month that it stops getting longer, because your growth can’t keep up with the fallout. A one time ombré isn’t going to cause that.

>> No.10135012

>>10134992
Clinical antiperspirant at night before bed. Deodorant in the morning.

Dri Idea Advanced and Dove Clinical work well for me. I rotate them - use one up then switch to the other brand. Your body will get used to a particular antiperspirant so switching active ingredients around is a good idea.

If neither of the above work, you can be hardcore and use Certain Dri. However, do NOT apply it if you have shaved your pit in the last 3 hours. And don't use it every night, you only need to apply it once every 2-3 days. It might sting like a bitch but if the first two options don't work for you, this one absolutely will.

>> No.10135017

>>10134995
Go to a salon that does Olaplex treatments with their color services. Or buy Olaplex No. 3 to use at home after lightening to fix damage.

>> No.10135100

>>10134992
While it won't stop the sweating, using BHA on your underarms can help reduce the smell that comes with it. I wipe my armpits down with BHA pads after I get out of the shower and let them air dry for an hour or so before applying deodorant, and I find that it helps a lot.

>> No.10135483
File: 182 KB, 1000x563, 1457967279201.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10134696
Here is 5lb of muscle compared to 5lb of fat to put things into perspective. Just FYI muscle is really hard to lose/gain so don't think that any weight gain/loss is muscle because it's not. Multiply the size of the piece of fat by 3x and that is 15lbs. 15lb is a lot of weight because of the sheer volume of it.

>> No.10135555

>>10134696
>At no point did I say "negligible." I just said not a "shit ton."
So basically you’re just arguing with half a dozen people over semantics? Sorry anon, it’s a lot of weight. Sometimes “a lot” gets exaggerated as “a shit ton.” The more you know!

>> No.10136005

>>10133516
/cgl/ recommended the "In-Power Line Super Higher Power" Spanx to me before, and I'll sometimes wear it to get smoother lines under close-fitting clothes or anything that cuts into my waist area. I'm not sure it works as well as it used to, since the elastic may have relaxed over the years and/or I lost a bit of weight, but it was a nice investment that hides well under clothing

>> No.10137220

I have pretty terrible skin that I'm getting regular treatment for; my skin has a lot of redness and inflamation as well as cystic acne and old acne scars. I haven't worn makeup in several years and threw out all my products a long time ago but I want to buy some basics for cosplay and lolita. Would getting a more thick and full-coverage foundation look too cakey for lolita? I'd like to avoid having to buy seperate products for cosplay and lolita since I'll already only use it once every couple of months but I'm honestly not sure what to get that'd cover all the grossness on my face but still look natural/ not-cakey enough for lolita.

>> No.10137344

>>10137220
If you have bumps or skin unevenness any makeup will look cakey

>> No.10137646

>>10137344
Is there any specific primer you gulls can recommend to cover up bumpiness? I hear it can make a big difference.

>> No.10137936

>>10137646
If you're skin is that bad I'd recommend looking into starting retinol.

>> No.10137947

>>10137646
Try to get a better skincare routine, it won’t look good irl. Honestly heavy coverage looks bad on textured skin, the only people who get away with it are those with smooth skin but pigmentation issues

>> No.10138638

>lips get chapped despite constantly wearing good quality chapstick
>bite/rip the dead skin off
>start bleeding
>lips scab
>feels hard and rough and annoying
>bite/rip it off
>repeat
>constantly look like i have a split lip from a fistfight
This isn't moe. Someone please help? what do? I tried vaseline but I'm concerned about ingesting it whenever I drink something. I already drink a TON of water, so I'm not dehydrated or anything, and I don't wear lipstick or anything like that which could be causing irritation.
>>10134491
15 lbs is 13% of my bodyweight... That would be huge. Maybe 15 lbs doesn't matter if you weigh 300 lbs, hint hint, anon.
I'm sure you have a ton of muscle mass under that fupa.

>> No.10138781

>>10138638
Stop using chapstick and let your lips recover on their own. Leave them alone, you caused your problems by biting and ripping them. Go see a doctor if it becomes unbearable. There is diffefence between 'good quality' stuff you buy from a cosmetics aisle and pharmacy products.

>> No.10138826

New thread: >>10138824