[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 123 KB, 800x256, XVII-Logo_sm.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
10104969 No.10104969 [Reply] [Original]

Whos going to CTcon this year? Always a good time with Con-Vivial, plan a meet-up maybe? I always enjoy boozing it up with you bastards

>> No.10104970
File: 7 KB, 225x225, images.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Also, anyone staying at the Residence Inn? I got a wicked good deal for me and my group, couple suites for cheap $$

>> No.10105455

This con isn't big enough (or good enough) to have a thread about it 5 months before it.

>> No.10107277

I’m considering it. I keep meaning to go. I grew up in CT and have family I visit every year. I just always plan badly and can’t make it. This year I’m pregnant so idk if I can even find any dresses I could make work...

>> No.10107314

Fuck this con.

>> No.10107354

>>10107314
This, con keeps getting more expensive while having less to see. I used to love this con, but they are trying to force rapid growth rather than let it continue to grow naturally and it's backfiring. It'll be dead in 4 years.

>> No.10107683 [DELETED] 

Nerdfit is a group of rapists, never forget. Do not support a con that actively supports and gives power and privilege to rapists.

>> No.10107705

>>10107683
they shut down and stopped going to cons last year.

>> No.10108041

>>10107314
this. I can't imagine that whoever OP is ISN'T related to official promotion of the con (shilling this early on is kiiiiind of a giveaway).

>> No.10108045

>>10108041
> Always a good time with Con-Vival

even if that wasn't a total lie, yeah the shilling is super blatant

>> No.10108055

>>10108045
guarantee this thread was started by the guy behind convivial lol. this con is lame and overpriced. last year was my last time going and i’ve been going for a long time. it’s just not worth it anymore.

>> No.10110137

>>10108055
I didn't go last year for the first time in a decade+, I was able to spend a bit more at AX instead. It's sad to see something I used to enjoy so much turn to shit, but I can't keep going to it and supporting it just because I've been going to it for so long.

>> No.10111584

>>10108045
I unironically don’t know what convival is and I can’t find anything on it. What is it?

>> No.10113224

>>10111584
Ctcon decided that instead of holding a rave they're going to do tabletop at ass o clock in the morning, so the room cannot be used anymore.
Con vival is them trying to make up for it by holding parties in regular bars in Hartford, packed with a mix of normies, and the staff at these places has been notoriously trans/homophobic, and keep claiming that they have the right to pull your badge (they don't) and it's just generally a seedy/bad area of Hartford to be wandering around in, trying get back to your hotel drunk.

I've gone a couple times and it's not a pretty scene.

>> No.10113255

>>10113224
I feel like with a name like that; the understood that the con was/is dead and they're trying to bring it back to life. Bad news for Daigle though since 60+% of the people still at the con at night were there for the rave. So glad I shit canned this con.

I'm not dissing people that play table top games; but there's the dedicated area in the convention center that's nonstop till closing hours. Does a dying con really need to keep catering to the minuscule population of people that want to play table top games all night?

>> No.10113287

>>10113255
honestly im all for tabletop, but the con has always had more than enough tables in the dealers room for just that.

the rave isnt the best, but it was a safe place to goof off and be drunk for a while and then catch the shuttle back to your hotel.

on top of that last year we had a gun scare twice in the same night, so that can attest for how safe hartford can be

>> No.10113527

>>10113287
yea that was honestly terrifying. and the overflow of normies from the fireworks and foodtruck fest trying to get a peek at the cosplayers has been awful. cosplay meet ups get scheduled down by the riverfront all the time but you don’t need a badge to get down there. really love watching creepy dudes leering at underage love live cosplayers.

>> No.10113583

I'm going, just to hang out with friends in the area. Might do a panel for a free badge, but definitely not paying for one.

>> No.10113650

I heard Orochimaru and Dave Yang was gonna be there. You know, the Orochimaru cosplayer with a foot fetish and the photographer guy that stalked Patti at her workplace, choked Lauren Pihl on the hood of a car, and assaulted a handicapped person.

>> No.10113717

>>10113650
I love hearing about that guy. I've seen him at like every east coast con since 2009 and his legend keeps growing

>> No.10113771

>>10113224
Remember the year staff put late night con programming in a distant building, disabled the shuttle ahead of time, and then victim blamed the multiple people who were muggled/assaulted when walking back to the main con late at night?

If you're going to run your con in an unsafe part of town packed full of normies, you need to take the steps needed to separate out the non-congoers and protect your attendees. But this would cost CTcon money and force them to care about congoers instead of trying to rake in as many guests and as much cash as possible. This con has always been for-profit and not a nonprofit, and it shows. Can't wait for it to fold so a better con can take its place.

>> No.10113922

>>10113771
When was this? I haven't gone in years but holy shit how did they even think splitting the venue up in FUCKING HARTFORD was a good idea?

>> No.10114067

>>10113922

They've done this for a few years now. As if having drugged out underaged kids at your White Rabbit and Tight Crew parties weren't bad enough, you gotta deal with getting robbed in Hartford.

IIRC somebody was robbed in Hartford a few years back on the way back to their hotel room.

>> No.10114458

>>10113650
cant talk about toesuck