[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 218 KB, 1343x2015, 50775226_2059521320796589_1127579913365225472_o.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
10115511 No.10115511 [Reply] [Original]

What was the biggest crafting/buying waste of your cosplay career?

My friend spent $317 on an Asoka Tano headdress that fell apart in the rain. She was felt uncomfortable asking for her money back because the guy who made it found out he had AIDS three days before.

>> No.10115607

>>10115511
180$ for a Wrong thor costume( wanted Thor 3 but got thor 2)

$66 for a Rilakkuma kigurumi for a Work halloween party/lunch that barely happened

>> No.10115621

>>10115511
ex bf spent $350 on a cosplay helmet commission ..... that he never received. when i brought it up after a few months he said he didn't care. still haunts me.

>> No.10115790

Shat my $500 pants

>> No.10115794

>>10115790
that can be remedied

>> No.10115798

I bought all the supplies, tools, and paints to make voltron armor for me and my roommate and never finished. I don’t feel like I’m missing out on much because I wised up and realized the fandom is trash.

>> No.10115856

>>10115621
..man
Reminds me of sister who was invited by her co worker to a halloween party. She dragged me to every spirit/party city to complete her witch dress. Come the actual day of the party, said co worker (no pun) Ghosted her , due to communication or transportation problems. She was already dressed up that night

>> No.10115926

>>10115856
That hurts me for her. I'm sorry that happened. :c

>> No.10116150

I've been hoarding a few cosplay wigs I purchased after Halloween in middle school and now that my cosplay "skill" has increased, I feel like buying them was a waste since now I'm so painfully aware of how cheap and shiny they look

>> No.10116158

Too much fabric. I'm sure they were $10 here, $20 there, but all of them together add up to $$$ and taking up an entire wall of space. Not a complete waste but using them now as muslin mock-ups feels like a shame.

>> No.10116197

Back in 2009 I was 14 or 15 and only starting cosplay. I wanted to cosplay a character that had a jacket that was way too hard for me, so I commissioned the jacket from a friend’s mom who was a professional seamstress. I got some friend-discount and ended up paying about 150 dollars. Friend’s mom kept missing all scheduled fittings, the whole thing was two months late and made out of shit fabric, was way too big and wrong color. I was 14 so I didn’t have the guts to demand a refund or a new jacket. I still wore it and it looked like shit.
Both that friend and her mother later turned out to have severe mental issues, which is why everything went wrong with the commission.

>> No.10116220

>>10115798
Damn anon, me too. Got halfway done with the armor and Lance's gun and completely lost interest. I was thinking about trying to get back into it, but every time I encounter the Voltron fandom I change my mind.

>> No.10116221

>>10116150
might actually be a fun challenge to do something to fix them up or experiment with using them for a look you wouldn’t risk a more expensive wig for.

>> No.10116236

>>10115511
Man that sucks ass, but your friend sounds like a really kind person

>> No.10116240

I don't remember how much I spent, but I completely finished a Homestuck troll god teir cosplay, wings and everything, but my grey paint didn't arrive in time. I have super sensitive skin so I had to special order the face paint and couldn't borrow anything my friends were using, and decided just to shelve the cosplay for a year instead of cosplaying without it.

Of course, next year the Homestuck fandom had reached peak horrifying and I didn't want to be associated with them. Never wore the cosplay, and now that the fandom has died down it's no longer up to snuff with my current construction quality standards.

>> No.10116343

>>10116240
you could always sell it, anon
i see too many shitstuck cosplayers at cons still

>> No.10116363
File: 28 KB, 250x263, tumblr_o38dzkPhPw1qdnmfro1_250.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

This was recent. My two friends and I commissioned one girl to make all of our cosplays. The girl had very good reviews so I was confident that she would do wonderfully and she communicated throughout the whole process. Everyone gets pictures except me... I brush it off because theirs looks great! So I think mine should too. Day comes and I receive the package. It's ill fitting in every sense. I spent 450 on a shirt and pair of pants and they didn't even fit right. Luckily the commissioner offered to fix it. So when I get it back I hope it's fixed. If not I don't know if I'll fight for a refund. I might just call it a loss and get someone else to do it. My question is how do you make two bodysuits perfectly. But screw up a simple pair of pants and shirt?

>> No.10116426
File: 149 KB, 750x1000, raf,750x1000,075,t,fafafa_ca443f4786.u2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10115511
buying a love live vinyl cyber nozomi cosplay where the seller change the shipping price after I paid the money and guilt trip me into paying for it all when I was going to cancel it... then I had to pay for custom and once it got here and I tried it on it didn't get passed my waist and chest. I was so annoyed because when I told the seller my size she said she was around my size and it would fit.

So I paid for a $80 cosplay for $180... I felt so stupid for the amount of money I wasted on it just because it was my dream cosplay

>> No.10116436
File: 49 KB, 468x468, cigtired.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Spent $100 on prop for a partner cosplay, only to have a falling out with the other person. I have 0 desire to cosplay the character on my own since I only agreed to cosplay them for the other person.

>> No.10116609

>>10116158
Hey, that's a pretty creative way to use up all that fabric. Nice tip, anon

>> No.10116610

>>10116197
Taking advantage of your kid's friend is a whole new level of fucked up. I'm sorry that happened to you

>> No.10116613

>>10116436
Sell it! Turn that loss into some cash

>> No.10116649

>>10115511
Ah the good 'ol AIDS and switch. Your friend got conned good.

>> No.10116657

>>10116158
I made costumes for a small film production and got given a lot of fabric for it, way more than I ended up using, so I have shelves full of fabrics I got for free or $1 a yard, I'm trying to think of ways to use them but they rarely match my cosplans... I have set aside an "ugly" pile that I use for drafting/mockups but it'll be a while before I put any kind of dent in the stockpile ^^;
>>10116363
I hope it's better when you get it back! But if you're still not satisfied I would try to get at least a partial refund, I don't know what your financial situation is but $450 for a simple costume that fits poorly is a lot to let slide. What's the character in question?
>>10116649
Is this a common occurence in your experience?

>> No.10116667

>>10116657
My friends and I got on an RE high because of the RE 2 remake this year. So we decided to do a fun little group. One is doing battle suit Jill, the other battle suit Rebecca (RE 0), and I'm doing a genderbend of RE 5 Wesker. All I needed was his pants and shirt. I was able to take care of the gear. When I got it the cosplay the pants fit like mom jeans that were two sizes too big and the shirt fit like a hoodie. How do you arrive at something like that when the outfit is practically skintight?

>> No.10116674

At the end of my "career" I had bought fabrics, wigs, and other stuff for few cosplay but I never finished them. Maybe worth of $500. Luckily I have been able to use some of the fabrics and other stuff on other projects so it's not a total waste.

>> No.10116691

>>10116667
Okay, I thought it was a lot of money for a shirt and pants but they're pretty unique and detailed so I see where the money goes. I hope it fits right the second time around!

>> No.10117082

>>10116363
Without seeing the items or knowing the complete background, I'm going to guess that your commissioner bought the bodysuits from a decent taobao (hence on-time and great) and tried to make yours, OR they somehow are so specialized in sewing that bodysuits are the only thing they're good at or have a pattern. I feel like the latter is less likely unless you have extreme body proportions or something.

>> No.10117084

>>10116657
It doesn't have to be AIDs but citing illness, especially mental issues, is an easy way out for sympathy and forces the other party to stop asking questions.

>> No.10117090

I spent 200 dollars on a custom ryuko cosplay, gave them a shitload of measurements.

Cosplay gets here barely covers boobs, skirt is way shorter than my requested size, the accessories are cheaply made and the gloves (which were supposed to have foam cuffs and a movable piece) were made entirely out of fabric/stuffing. The shop disappeared from etsy before it got to me. I'm probably gonna sell it but the measurements are so goddamn weird I don't know if anyone would buy it.

>> No.10117091

>>10117090
adding onto this, it was her schoolgirl uniform, not her naked/lingerie looking one.

>> No.10117110

>>10117090
Did they sell you a cheap pre-made costume advertised as a custom made high quality one?

>> No.10117161

Dropped a bag of thong diapers in the ocean.

>> No.10117163
File: 25 KB, 350x350, ( ´_ゝ`).jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>pay £150 for a Persona 3 Evoker made from real metal
>never got it after several delays and the guy just stopped responding

>> No.10117260

Luckily I keep an eye on my cosplay spending pretty strictly, but there's a few (relatively minor) incidents:

$30 of wig supplies from Amphigory (when it was extant) and the package was stolen? lost? something. Amphigory said it wasn't their problem, didn't heard back from the post office. Never bought from Amphigory again.

$36 on crafting supplies when trying a new armor-making method. Fucked up and bought the wrong materials, and also found out that you couldn't dye things true black.

On the "full-ass cosplays" end, there's $60 and $134, respectively, spent sewing cosplays for incredibly obscure characters that I never ended up wearing anywhere (and by now have surpassed that level of craftsmanship, so I'm not sure what to do with these fully completed cosplays).

I have $167 worth of materials - reserved for a single character - that have been sitting around for over a year. The fabrics and wig are specific enough that it'd be hard to repurpose them for anything else (as I usually do with half-baked and later-abandoned plans).

>> No.10117306

>>10117082
I honestly believe she just couldn’t do simple stuff. Her reviews had a wide range of cosplays so I was surprised. I get it back tomorrow so I really hope it’s right.

>> No.10118248

I spend waaay to much on fabric and end up with a lot of leftovers that are too small to make a full thing but too large to throw away. I see people making t-shirt quilts and using the remainders for all these projects, but never get motivated to actually make them

>> No.10118277

Thermoplastic in general has been s letdown for me. 200 dollars to realize I wasnt a fan of the material. I'm sitting on a few rolls of the stuff and just dont ever think I'm going to use it.

>> No.10118289

Not a cosplay but I dropped well over $1000 for Otakon some years back because we had pretty much everyone drop out last minute. I didn't raise the price because others were also threatening to drop if it got too high so I got about $300 back for the room and everything else I covered. One of the girls gave me a sob story about how her mom's debit card got stolen and couldn't pay me until after, even had the mom email me (this girl was in her 20s). Never got that payment, but she payed for her Katuscon room the next year???? Otakon wasn't worth it, I didn't make any friends other than one of my roommates who I had already added on Facebook and it was just a huge colossal fuck up. This was back when it was in Baltimore, and I have had no intentions to go back even in its new venue. Not worth it.

>> No.10118338
File: 19 KB, 210x240, mami-tomoe-puella-magi-madoka-magica-the-battle-pentagram-3.33.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Got the cosplay back. It still doesn't fit properly. I told the comissioner and she offered to make me a new one instead of giving me a refund. Gonna call this a loss and definitely the biggest waste of money to date. Now I'm back at square one with only 3 months until the con.

>> No.10118404
File: 54 KB, 680x629, 1542219181354.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

My sins are all wigs.

30$ for a gray wig which I naively tried to dye black. I don't know what I did wrong, or what material it was actually made of, but it didn't budge at all in colour. I know now that dying something black is neigh impossible, but my tears from that night as I tried in vain to make it happen still haunts me. Perhaps it's because I sold the wig for 5$ to a friend who now uses it for larping. I honestly think the wig looks like shit, and it makes his character look like shit, but when I tried telling him he rebutted it as my own grudge against the wig and the dye job.

To make up for the loss of that wig I bought a new, actually black one, from the afro-shop in town. 50$ which was a lot to me back then. It was super long, and I managed to repurpose the cut off hair to new wefts, so the finished short wig actually looks good.

Then one Christmas I felt that I deserved to buy an Arda wig, one of those high ponytail style ones... The price felt fair, and I set my heart on it. Then came the shipping and the tax. When I took the wig out of the bag I was shaken by the amount of fibers, the weight, and the odd shape of the bangs area. After trying it on and not liking it I put it back in the bag and stowed it away. The character I wanted it for was only a half hearted dream either way. Recently my little sister found it and I was like "yeah, haha, do you need it? You can buy it from me at a discount. Feel free to try it on and check the sick fibers, hahahaha!"
I hope she'll take my offer, I just want to get rid of it desu.

>> No.10118531
File: 8 KB, 500x137, bigjb.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10118277

>> No.10118532

>>10118338
god speed anon

>> No.10118545

Just spent around $570 on my first dress. It was a really recent & popular release, and I heard that right after its initial release dollycat sold for that amount so I didn't question it. Heard someone else say that the same dress was around $300 elsewhere. Im ready to die. It's my grad dress though and its so gorgeous I'll get over the cost as soon as i can hold it.

>> No.10118639

>>10118338
Ouch. I'd still try to negotiate a refund, $450 is not chump change for something that doesn't even fit. Or try to go to a local tailor and see if they can make it fit?
>>10118404
A brand new wig from Arda can be resold for some of your money back, especially if that combination of style and color has been discontinued. It won't be the full price but you can get $30 back.

>> No.10118732

Spent $100 on a Madoka cosplay that had a shitty obi I couldn’t figure out how to style because it was constructed in a weird way, seller wouldn’t give me tips on how to wear it, and the shit came smelling like body odor and cheap natural deodorant. I looked bad but chucked the whole shit ASAP.

>> No.10120847
File: 273 KB, 626x582, coupon.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10115511
condoms

>> No.10121094

>>10115798
>>10116220
Me too, thank god for my procrastination. I bought all the foam to make armor and a wig. I’m glad I never started because I lost interest in Voltron after a couple months

>> No.10121101

I wanna know if anyone has commissioned those wig makers that charge like $300 or more.

Personally i think some of these styles charge crazy amounts for certain wigs and if I ever bought them I would feel like it was a total waste.

A friend of mine bought a Rapunzel braid for a good $450 and she was very upset with how it looked irl. This seller is praised for their Rapunzel wigs but apparently it was so bad she ended up throwing it away at a convention because it was too much of a frizzy tangled mess... I'm still wow'd that she would just throw it away (wish I was there to take it and detangle/restyle it).

>> No.10121114

>>10121101
A Rapunzel braid involves a lot of materials and time, if you factor everything in the total is not that crazy. But I do agree some commissioners overcharge for the quality of the final product, that's why you look closely at their work and maybe ask previous clients for their review. Sometimes you get unlucky and receive a sub-par product compared to the commissioner's previous work but I would never throw away a $450 wig even if it was disappointing, I'd at least try to get a refund, and especially with Disney stuff some commissioners offer restyles where you send them your wig that has come undone and it's cheaper than commissioning it from scratch.

>> No.10121123

My boyfriend commissioned a pro seamstress once to make a simple tunic for $300 and didn't want to ask me, a cosplayer, because I was busy with undergrad at the time. The end result was something that was so ill fitted and worst-then ebay quality that I yelled at him to get a refund, but he never did. What a waste. He knows better now but it still haunts me to this day.

For me, I have a tendency of buying all my materials beforehand and never fucking starting them. Have at least 7 cosplay projects that's just sitting in their bins since I have no motivation to work. They probably all add up to at least $900.

>> No.10121132

>>10121123
Yeah, I tend to be the same so I forbid myself from buying materials for more than 2 projects at a time, so far it's working for me

>> No.10121174

I casually mentioned to my friend that I wanted to cosplay a character and I would like them to pair up with me and do a character from the same series. I told them that I'd pay for the costume because it was close to their birthday/ Christmas. Thought it'd be 100 ~ 200 (I paid 80 for mine because I made the prop) but it turned out they spent 400 + and only told me later.

Like, we're good friends, so I don't mind it as much.. but damn, I know they're only going to wear it once so it kind of feels like a huge waste. I wish I just kept my mouth shut but I can't take it back now.

>> No.10125033

Ex and I had mutual breakup due to college distance, she came back for the summer and wanted to go to a con and wanted me to come with. Excited thinking we could get back together I spent about 300 on materials for our costumes. Mined looked like shit, hers turned out amazing, had little to no help from her and felt used. Didnt get back together, didnt finish cosplay, felt like shit at con, almost completely abandoned cosplaying in general after that. Got back into it after a long hiatus and feeling better than ever.

>> No.10125040

Goddam I love this board.

>> No.10125093

>>10125033
So.... you immediately assumed you could get back together with your ex because she asked you to hang out, and on top of this you expected her to either handhold you through making your cosplay or make it herself? And you feel "used" that neither of these things magically happened? Did I understand that right, Nice Guy?

>> No.10125179

>>10121174
Did you force them to spend $400? If not, then it was never on you to control how much they spend and if $400 is what got them their desired cosplay, so be it. It's Not your judgment call to say they wasted it.

>>10125033
You were never entitled to get back with her and frankly expecting a relationship to be a "reward" is quite childish.

>> No.10125187

>>10125179
OP whose friend spent $400 stated they'd offered to cover it as a gift, but that's a rather large gift. Personally if someone else was footing the bill I would try to keep the costs down or cover part of it myself, I feel like many people would do similarly.

>> No.10125189

>sister and I paid for all the materials for 2 cosplays from local friend who claims to be a top costume maker
>he picks the most expensive materials of course
>2 months later shows up with the cape for trucy wright
>absolute trash
>freak out about how I'm going to salvage it
>he left his car running in the street as usual and it was stolen with both WIP cosplays in the trunk
>3 months later he's arrested for allegedly kidnapping 2 women
>never have to worry about how to fix the trucy cape again
RIP all that fabric and the rotary cutter I let him borrow

>> No.10125191

>>10125187
how hard is it for one anon to make an Ashoka headpiece out of paper machie and spraying it with a waterproof sealant?

>> No.10125193

>>10125093
I think he was saying he felt used cause he made her cosplay and she didn’t help

>> No.10125201

>>10125193
How is that being used? If he made the request, then he should be offering to help her, not the other way around.

>> No.10125255

>>10116436
holy shit anon are you me? did the same thing years ago. tfw you wanted to do bff cosplays only to find out your friend is a massive cunt

>> No.10125256

>>10125201
>>10125179
>>10125093

Couldn't explain fully was in class. Before she asked me to go with her to the con, there were times she was back from college where she would act in a flirtatious manner with me, even ending up in bed together a couple times. I thought she wanted to get back together with me after all this time because I sure did but when confronting her on this, she would always say she will tell me by the end of the summer if she wanted to. I thought this convention could bring us together again and of course spent money on the materials she wanted and asked me to get because I still had feeling for her and wanted her to be happy. I know i wasn't entitled to get back with her nor be "rewarded" with getting back with her. I constantly came to her after work just to work on the cosplays to show dedication with what limited time I had on my hands while she had days where she would do nothing and still not work on anything and even when I did ask for help from her, she would barely do anything. And going back to an earlier point, during the con she would still act like she used to when we were still together and asked me to buy her things constantly but at that point I refused her. I never even got an answer from her at the end of the summer about getting back together.

>> No.10125271

>>10125256
GJ of letting go of that toxic relationship

>> No.10125335

Spent about 1500 on a cosplay that ended up looking terrible, lights didn’t work, and the bodysuit portion didn’t even fit me properly. It haunts me till this day that I just ended up throwing it away. I should’ve tried to her a refund but the language barrier was so strong I didn’t even wanna bother.

>> No.10125339

Comissioned a cosplay from a girl in the UK for a con 4 months out. She says she can do it in the time, and wants $400. By the time it arrives con is over so I don't think much about the cosplay for a bit. A few months later I open the bag, and the cosplay is complete shit. Looks like a 4 year old made it, and half of it is not sewed but hot glued together. Figure it's too late to ask for a refund, but still really upset about how much I wasted on it.

>> No.10125458

>>10125256
You never were going to get an answer. I can see why you'd feel used, but her intentions were clear from the get go. You just couldn't see through the rose-tinted glasses. If she really wanted to get back with you, there wouldn't have been hesitation. Or she would've clearly communicated her reasoning. What would she have done if you didn't buy the materials? If you didn't go to the con with her? Nothing. Because she never wanted to get back with you to begin with.

I'm glad you're done and over with, but you need to understand that you can't put up with that treatment in a relationship (platonic, potential, or otherwise). That's not healthy, my dude.

>> No.10125460

>>10125339
It's not too late to ask for a refund. If the craftsmanship is shit, get your money back. It's practically a defective item.

>> No.10125470

>>10116240
I totally feel like this with my Sollux cosplay.

>> No.10127842

Two stories, one recent one very old.

So around Christmas last year someone was selling a gorgeous cosplay and it was smaller than my size. But my dumbass was like hey that’s my corseted measurements so I’ll get it! Except I only checked the bust and waist measurements. The underbust was 1.5 inches to small.

The other time was about 8 years ago when I was a newbie cosplayer. I was just learning how to sew and I wanted to do one of my dream cosplays. Well I knew I didn’t have the skills to make a princess dress so I commissioned this really good princess cosplayer. It ended up a nightmare. First the cosplay was late and arrived after my convention. Then like two weeks after she shipped it, she disappeared and ghosted all of her customers. Like she had commissions lined up through the end of the year and this was September. Well I didn’t know about this ghosting when I pulled out the costume to go do a photoshoot. It didn’t fit. I knew I had weird measurements, my waist was 10 inches smaller than my bust, but a good commissioner should no how to work with that. I couldn’t get the dress on because she had made the waist smaller than my waist measurements and had made it where it did not go any larger than my waist measurement to get it on. She didn’t even make the right version of the dress I had requested. I spent $500 on a dress I can’t wear. I also can’t sell it for more than $100 because it is such an ugly dress. I’m just happy that I actually received something unlike the twenty other people who had commissioned her.

>> No.10127965

>>10115511
>spending money on Cosplay.

I honestly have no idea, the majority of my gear comes via my family's leftover gear. It is surprising the cosplay you can get when working with the real stuff(military gear).

>> No.10127979

>>10127965
Well that's doable if you limit yourself to a narrow range of mostly western costumes. I don't think most people have the same inclination or inheritance though.

>> No.10128018

>>10116158
That's absolutely not a shame at all. Whether it's fabric or some other type of supplies, they're only be wasted when you're not using them. Even if you suck, using your materials is practice and practice makes perfect. Hoarding or trashing materials is the only way to waste them.

>> No.10128141

Spent maybe $350 on commissioning props for a Fate cosplay. The end result was such an unmitigated disaster - couldn't see out of the mask, weapons had cardboard edges visible, the skirt wouldn't stay secured and kept falling off - that I trashed the whole thing after abandoning the photoshoot halfway though.

>> No.10130178

>>10116667
should've went with REmake wesker desu...

>> No.10135727

>>10115511
280 dollars for a batman mask

>> No.10135798

>>10115511
Almost fully completed a cosplay, I was gonna cosplay with a friend who never started her cosplay at all. We ended up drifting apart and now I don't know what to do with the costume since I'd have to remake a lot of it (one of my first projects, so needs a lot of fixing)

>> No.10135804

Gf spent 1000$ on a genji commission (she doesn’t even care about overwatch? Idk) she commissioned it 6 months before the con she wanted it for and the commissioner waited so long to do it that they had to spend 140$ to ship it overnight the day before the con. (They made her split the shipping cost) costume ended up being shit cause it was rushed, she got a full refund but was out the 30$ return shipping I think?

>> No.10138806

>>10135798
Sell it

>> No.10138813

>>10115511
spent $60 on a wig that I ended up selling to a friend for $30 because the costume never panned out
I've never dropped a ton of money on one thing but I've bought so many wigs I've only worn once (or a couple that I've never worn at all) that it feels bad
I've also worked pretty hard on costumes I've only worn once or twice...

>> No.10139988

In a courageous moment I dropped money on a full shimakaze (I love her) that I’m way too shy to wear in the end. Do you guys think it would sell?

>> No.10140669

>>10115511
Why are her legs so short? Is that a womanlet?

>> No.10140670

>>10118338
Seconding the suggestion of finding a local tailor who can help fix the fit, and try to negotiate a partial refund from the cosmaker to make up for your extra time and trouble. Sorry this happened anon.

>> No.10140683

>>10140669
She's probably just short, what's the big deal.

>> No.10141252

>>10115511
Oh man this is my jam
I have the Justice League Batman cowl that I bought before I saw the movie
I have a really cool Spider-man Homecoming costume that I started puffy painting but gave up with just half a leg painted
Both were over 200 USD
A Moving Eyes Spider-man faceshell that cost me 250 USD

I have never used them

>> No.10141254

Just bought 1 and a half yards of an expensive faux fur. I finished having used like, less than a quarter yard.

>> No.10141268

>>10141254
I still have faux fur left over from a cosplay I did 5 years ago.

>> No.10141274

i probably have like $200 worth of fabric ill probably never use.
most of it is from cosplay projects that i didnt finish on time for con so i just kinda gave up on it all together.
i still hang on to the stuff though just in the off chance ill need something similar in the future though.

i also have a few hundreds of dollars worth of EVA foam as well but at least that can eventually be used sometime in the future so i wouldnt really call that a complete waste.

>> No.10141275
File: 71 KB, 858x1200, 1552847305463.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Any lads wanna come join the offical /cgl/ d*scord? We're pretty comfy desu
https://discord
.gg/6A2shs2

>> No.10143272

>>10141275
new link?

>> No.10143285
File: 213 KB, 497x480, 45c64a63e2916a654312c270de415e03.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>be me 18 almost a decade ago
> fresh into the cosplay scene
>cannot sew for the life of me, in college
>see a fanart of a ff12 character I am in love with
>commission a 'well-known' commissioner on cosplay dot com to make it for me
>sure thing anon, that'll be $350
>waits about three months
> finally get cosplay; helmet is a flat piece of foam, body suit is strips of fabric barely sewn together- just overall unhappy with it
>18 year old me is deflated
>hold onto it for a couple years because of stubbornness but sell it to a cgl anon down the road
>hope they found happiness in it
mfw i never get to be a cute bunny girl

>> No.10143692

>>10116240
I wore my old Redglare costume to a con this year and it felt awesome to cosplay homestuck without having a gaggle of weirdos following me everywhere. Highly recommend.

>> No.10148466

>>10115511
the ideal gf

>> No.10148526

>>10141254
there’s a healthy faux fur resale market, use the twitter hashtag #furforsale

>> No.10150061

>>10117260
You could try selling them to someone who likes those obscure characters.

>> No.10150105
File: 15 KB, 480x484, FB_IMG_1552797771019.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

This was last year and I oh boy what a mistake.
I commissioned this girl over in Germany to make a Cammy cosplay but in her Lord Bison costume.
She had really good reviews and her prop work looked really good.
>oh it'll be $250 for everything and I'll have it done in three months!
Three months go by then another then another.
She kept saying she was busy or sick which I understand.
I think I waited for six to seven months for her to send it out.
The only thing I can say was genuinely decent about it was the cap, everything was rushed together and cheaply done.
The Cape was held to the top by one bead and the overall sewing was really half assed. When I tried to tell her about my complaints she ghosted me. I've never had anything Commissioned before and because of this I probably won't ever again

>> No.10150251

>>10150105
You waited for almost a year?

wtf

>> No.10152941

>>10150105
You should have asked for a refund after the three months passed.