[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 164 KB, 1552x873, 520c502d8a0482aa5c41836ce71333d3_original.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
10635412 No.10635412 [Reply] [Original]

Watching my local con scene fall apart is painful to say the least. The leadership of the most prominent con in the area has leadership that tried to kill at least two other local cons. Of course they had their reasons, but it's not a good look. They need to understand that any con operates on volunteers and those people will abandon you if you think they're loyal to you only.

So my local pop culture con tried to kill both an anime con and a horror genre con based on the fact that they didn't like the people who were running said cons. In turn, many of the volunteers that worked all of the cons didn't apply to work at said big pop culture con. Now they're the ones complaining about split communities, running gofundme campaigns to keep the con alive while begging for volunteers to run their con.

While I want to explain to the people running these things that the reason the community has turned on them because of their own behavior, it would make me look like the asshole. They're so oblivious to the fact that they don't own the con scene and want it to work to their own narrow-minded expectations is just disgusting to me. Cons aren't gay pride parades. They aren't vehicles for BLM. They aren't a place to put your own social agenda over a love for the pop culture that they are SUPPOSED to represent.

>> No.10635419

>>10635412
I got bad news for you, American pop culture is pozzed beyond repair now
BLM and other left wing insanity is American pop culture now
Its why eastern shit like Anime is so popular now

>> No.10635420

Cool blog post, retard.

>> No.10635440

>>10635419
>BLM and other left wing insanity is American pop culture now
>Its why eastern shit like Anime is so popular now
lol take your delusions back to /pol/

>> No.10635449

>>10635412
Name the cons or get out scrub.

>> No.10635456

drop the names pussy

>> No.10635460

>>10635419
Are you stupid?

>> No.10635682

>>10635419
Well your not wrong.
Manga sales are topping the charts over comic books. Can't say the same the the movies. However demon slayer did very well!

>> No.10636182

In Oklahoma, an anime con called Izumicon died after it was transferred to a new owner who ghosted the rest of the staff. Another group tried to start a new con called Anime Oklahoma and some of the leadership from Soonercon tried to get people to boycott it because the investor was a bad person. Ultimately the con head resigned, was replaced by the investor with an experienced con runner from Texas who then removed some staff members who then also tried to get people to boycott the con.

Last time Soonercon actually ran, they decided to be on the same weekend as A-Kon. This apparently didn't work out well for them because recently they've been doing fund raisers called "Save Soonercon."
Personally I'm not going to support an event that keeps people who try to kill other events on staff. We don't need that SJW crap in our community.

>> No.10636404

>>10635682
Comics are confusing as all hell desu