[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 50 KB, 959x642, https___specials-images.forbesimg.com_imageserve_5ff82d3ec6ba340597fe9dd8_Nordic-flags-flying-against-a-blue-sky-_960x0[1].jpg_fit=scale.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
10678433 No.10678433 [Reply] [Original]

Are there still any Nordic people on /cgl/?
Let's just talk about cons and cosplay that has to do with us

Anyone else going to J-popcon, for instance? I really hope they can pull it off so soon after the pandemic, and I hope they can get many people for the J-fashion show because that was an absolute highlight last time I was there. I'm a bit worried, but I guess even just finally going to a real con is nice.

>> No.10678505

I'm just looking forward going to cons again. Most cons in Norway are small and the big ones aren't happening for a while, so I'm not too worried.

>> No.10678565

I'm gonna have to wait till närcon is back next summer

>> No.10678571

finn here, starting to lose all hope with cons

>> No.10678787

Never been at a con but interested in going, is it worth going alone?

>> No.10678789

>>10678787
Depends on what event and what you are looking for? Närcon is a festival with many activities, pricey food and many teens. Great event if you are younger and wanna meet friends I guess. Jpopcon seems better organized than närcon and the staff seems to not be preteens wanting free ticket while skipping work kek

>> No.10678797

>>10678789
I guess something thats a bit more "open to everyone"? I dont really do anime and im no longer a teen this year, so wouldnt wanna go to an anime-only teen infested con.
Like i said though ive never been at one so i couldnt really tell you anything specific im looking for

>> No.10679361

>>10678789
>and many teens
*licks lips* Perfect

>> No.10682281

>>10678505
I've been a bit worried about the future of Banzaicon because they didn't announce any cancellation this year, so I thought maybe the organizers just didn't care anymore. But then I remembered that they didn't actually announce having any con this year in the first place, so technically there wasn't anything to cancel. Maybe it's not as bad as I feared.

But in general the convention scene in Norway is in a sad state, or at least, I wish there were something big near Oslo. Kazokucon was good, but also a bit disappointing. Not because of the quality, it's good for its size, but because they seemingly have no ambition to grow.

>> No.10682817

>>10682281
I think most cons in Norway realised early on this year that most of 2021 was going to be a bust too. Banzaicon is late in the year, so I assume they were holding off on planning and then it just seemed unlikely it could go ahead.

I think Magicon looks promising. It's going to be in Kulturhuset at Lørenskog, so it looks like they're trying to make it mid-sized from the getgo.

>> No.10687078

>>10679361
Who the fuck wants to babysit kids?

>> No.10688198

So I got home from J-popcon, and what did I think of it?
It felt like it had much fewer interesting panels than last time, however I still had a great time, and it was also good to just be at a con again.
I had been a bit worried that many people would be scared of going, but it seemed pretty crowded so they're hopefully or probably fine economically.
There were no signs of Covid, everything seemed like before the pandemic.