[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 511 KB, 1000x757, you-know-what-really-grinds-my-gears-1334-0c6db91aec9c.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
10699121 No.10699121 [Reply] [Original]

You know what this is

>> No.10699124

idiot SJWs on /cgl/ and into lolita.

Don't you shits see what a contradiction that is?

>> No.10699125

>>10699124
Are you one of those retards that thinks no one cares about politics in glorious nippon?

>> No.10699146

>>10699125
You were saying? >>10699137

>> No.10699160

>>10699125
No one cares about ~western~ politics in glorious Nippon.

>> No.10699170

>>10699160
I got some big news for you, bucko. We aren't in glorious Nippon.

>> No.10699195

>>10699160
> everything I know about Japan is from anime so I can pretend there is not feminist or lgbt+ movements there.

>> No.10699210
File: 127 KB, 750x937, A158885D-D658-407C-A3B4-87381C223E49.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

How I can’t look through jfash Pinterest without getting these ugly as sin zoomer outfits recommended to me. Also zoomers asking which aesthetic lolita is

>> No.10699212

>>10699160
I dont care about Nippon politics in the west.

>> No.10699218

Anons overreacting to anyone that disagrees with them.

>> No.10699220

>>10699124
I feel like people have different definitions of what an SJW is though. Someone would probably call me an SJW simply for not being anti-tranny but I would call someone an SJW for excessively responding to some faggot on 4chan who IS anti-tranny with no awareness of where you are. Being SJW is more about how you act than what you believe imo.

>> No.10699221

>>10699210
Oh christ the 'which aesthetic is lolita' pisses me off so much

>> No.10699232

>>10699220
It's a belief system.

A cult.

>> No.10699235

>>10699220
At this point it's just another empty insult that's slowly losing its meaning like other words thrown around. People just use it because it's a buzzword and they're parroting what they hear. In any conversation where someone starts blindly name calling and cursing it just makes me see them as a child throwing a tantrum.

>> No.10699240

egirls who really think they know lolita coming up to you like, "DURRR IS THAT BABYYYYYYY?" Bitch not every brand is not Baby.

>> No.10699243
File: 50 KB, 400x528, d7gytok-5214a77f-67b7-4046-a8ac-2342658762ec.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

The fact that I can rely on literally no one and just got bailed on for a con AGAIN at the last minute. Even after I offered a room. Even after I rented a car. Still wasn't good enough. Both my groups bailing on me are because of people we don't even know, but still have to bend over backwards to please them. Fucking sick to death of it. Honestly might be my quickest hot button to raging fury in general, because it's so constant.

>How is this /cgl/ related
Easy. Because you fucking gulls who I run into prove yourselves consistently reliable more than ANY of these so called "friends".

>> No.10699246

>>10699243
> just got bailed on for a con AGAIN at the last minute.
This! I think this is a wider issue where people can't just do what they say. You aren't the only one anon!

>> No.10699247

I hate when normies start taking pictures without asking
Yeah, i could tell them it's $5 a picture or ask them not to, but that's like 10 sec of my life spent being annoyed and having to talk to someone i think is stupid and possibly have them argue that i'm 'dressed weird so i'm asking for it'
I'll get over it, ignoring people is the way to go i think. And i can just use my parasol to block the picture too kek

>> No.10699253

>>10699240
I'd be surprised they could name an actual lolita brand. Most egirls I've seen love cheap aliexpress/taobao garbage and don't bother with anything else.

>> No.10699263

>>10699121
fag

>> No.10699264

When I'm at a meet and saying something is AP and get looked at by another sweet like I'M the crazy one because they don't know what I mean.

>> No.10699265

>>10699210
i am so done with the all aliexpress outfits

>> No.10699594

BTSSB plastering the single word "Baby" with no context over some dresses. "baby, the stars shine bright" is fine because they're lyrics. I really want the kumya embroidery but kumyas already look like children's teddy bears. I don't need "baby" printed everywhere too

>> No.10699602

This isn’t a huge deal but:
When sellers don’t have the matching head bow REEEEE

>> No.10699608

>>10699221
"lolitacore" exists as a term but it includes all types of cutesy fashions and is overall pretty useless, there's a shitty aesthetic label for everything these days

>> No.10699628

>>10699594
sorry you have no spine anon; it's cute and you shouldn't be so worried about looking childish if you're wearing an extremely feminine frilly fashion. even gothic and classic can look childish or use stuffed animals and similar types of bags or motifs by normie standards

the word baby is infinitely less cringe to me than elegant gothic lolita vampire aristocrat romance shit (no offense goths). the thing i hate more about btssb is how goddamned long some of their fucking print names are, making it harder to find secondhand if even one word is off when setting up alerts or using keywords

>> No.10699630

Aliexpress Lolitas
They all look cheap and shitty

>> No.10699650

>>10699170
>>10699195
Stop acting like the internet is an extension of Burgerland.

>> No.10699689

>>10699594
>Lyrics
I know this isn't the stupid question thread but what?

>> No.10699761

Western ("gaijin") gyaru TikTok. It's full of SJWs who think all gals still wear super dark manba styles, egirls who put a lei on and call it a coord, and the occasional veteran who actually knows what they're doing.

>> No.10699797
File: 16 KB, 310x327, 1636903144131.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>the game room at a anime con doesn’t have Smash Bros.

>> No.10699803

>>10699195
Japan's "LGBT+" movement isn't "LGBT+".
It's LGB at best. Genderspecials aren't common outside the US and Trannies are still extremely stigmatized.

>> No.10699848

>>10699761
Do you dye your hair/wear wigs with "SJW" colors when wearing gyaru or do you not like being confused for one? Serious question.

>> No.10699850

>>10699848
nta but if anon is a real gal she can pull it off. the thing a lot of these fake gal don't have is the gal attitude. it's a style you need to wear not let wear you. even some vetran gals don't give off the gal vibe no matter what they do because they won't ever gain the confidence or attitude.

>> No.10699851

>>10699850
That didn't answer my question. I wanted to know because I wanna dye my hair myself, but I also don't want to be associated with being a nutcase.

>> No.10699863

>>10699851
It does answer your question. She's saying just do what you want and ignore the associations. That's what gyaru is about. You sound like you should stay out of the fashion.

>> No.10699925

>>10699803
Not accurate at all anon. The difference is in Japan most "genderspecials" prefer to mind their business and are quite happy to go on about their lives as normal. In Japan transgender issues are classified as health related, so for that reason accomodations and treatments follow fairly strict but discrete guidelines. Just because you don't see people screeching in the streets or see every tom dick and harry throwing on a dress and calling themselves a woman doesn't mean it's not a thing or that trans people don't have rights in Japan.

In the us there's a big push in sjw circles to de-medicalize transition (such that one wouldn't have to meet any particular medical criteria for diagnosis/HRT) and viewing transness as a medical issue is weirdly considered inappropriate. This is why its turned into a total clusterfuck. A lot of other places handle it as a medical issue and people go on about their trans lives with little fanfare.

>> No.10699954
File: 16 KB, 401x373, 1356590653.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>touring around 4chan for a day
>click /cgl/
>click random thread
>people are discussing trannies

Why can I never escape trannies on this website, surely there are boards where troons aren't living rent free in everyone's head?

>> No.10699957

>>10699925
This is ignorant at best. Trannies are considered mentally ill in Japan still and are just trendy among younger people. The reason that treatment is so hush hush is because of social stigmas, and everything in Japanese medicine has strict guidelines. Also men there do literally put on dresses and call themselves women, it's an entire subset of gay culture.
The second part of your post is just also not correct. Being transgender in the west used to be a mental issue but it's being pushed by lobbyists as a medical condition that only requires a mental evaluation and a physical check up for diag. They're also trying to make treatment considered essential and non-cosmetic(but again this is from lobbyists making money at the top in a multibillion dollar industry that profits off of sugeries and follow up) SJWs just latched onto it because lobbyists started citing conversion therapy from the 1950s and other modern countries and it was easy to cause people to knee-jerk and demand it be considered a medical issue and not a mental one. Mental would mean transgender people get therapy to try to cope and accept their current selves and surgery would be a last resort, meaning no surgery $$$. SJWs literally do not understand why they feel one way or another about anything other than feels, and you can see that when they are advocating to push a life changing procedure on people who are mentally unstable or feel trans on a whim.

>> No.10699963

>>10699957
not entirely. among young westerners there's a sentiment that being a "transmedicalist"/"transmed" is up there with being a full-fledged transphobe. a "transmedicalist" is someone like >>10699925
is describing, where they believe a trans identity is considered a a health/medical affair, often based in dysphoria, and should be approached from a healthcare perspective--but young western SJWs are trying to unlink the medical system from the trans identity. many (most?) people don't see an issue with a standard mtf or ftm transition but these SJWs are also trying to completely dismantle the concept of gender entirely and it's really weird

>> No.10699978

>>10699689
Are you new or am I a cronie? BTSSB was named after this song
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baby,_the_Stars_Shine_Bright

>> No.10699980

>>10699978
They're named after the album.

>> No.10699983

>>10699978
that's not lyrics tho moron.

>> No.10699986

>>10699848
anon I'm talking about the normies who do nothing but complain that the kuro styles are black face/blackfishing, not gals who have bright hair. Sorry if that wasn't clear. It's honestly kinda hilarious since they just focus on manba/yamamba/ganguro and completely ignore b-gal. I'm personally a very lazy gal who can't be bothered with touchups, so I just have blonde hair with a few colored streaks.

>> No.10699991

>>10699963
...Anon I'm saying that idea comes from lobbyists initially. Just because SJWs are running with it doesn't mean it's not something the healthcare system hasn't planted. Trannies have always existed but transition wasn't as often or seen as lucrative.

>> No.10699993

>>10699963
>dismantle the concept of gender entirely and it's really weird
Not part of this conversation but just jumped in to say I think true gender abolition is totally fine. I doubt society would ever get there beyond like legally, and even then unlikely because it's a category useful for measuring various things, especially since women have faced discrimination or difficultly from the government and on other levels. Similar to race where I think it'd be cool if we forgot about it but pretending people don't discriminate based on or identify with those socially constructed descriptors and identities just removes our opportunity to help bring equality/equity to people in those groups because it would make it harder to gather data.

A post-gender or post-racial world sounds cool in concept, but I doubt there is any short term value to pushing things in that direction until we fix a lot of the problems in society that are heavily gendered or racialized. Gender abolition isn't inherently weird. Just currently impractical.

>> No.10699997

>>10699954
Because everyone on here obvs has some deep seeded issue to sort out. Normal people don't give a fuck about it, at least certainly not enough to talk about it nonstop on these forums. Unless you're out her being a cunt, I really couldn't give a flying fuck what toilet you use or what you wanna do with your own damn body. Some people get scarification and insert silicon rings in their head, others get boobs or a peen. Sounds like a whole lot of nonya business.

>> No.10700002

>>10699993
Actual trans people are pretty fucking attached to their gender anon. That's kind of the whole point of a transition. This is how I determine if someone is actually trans or a nutbag. For real trans people being perceived as and integrating with their correct gender id is extremely important. Fakers/genderspecials are just super insecure about every part of themselves and want to leverage that damage into dismantling any system by which they might be judged or compared to anyone else. It's the same reason why their always screeching about a revolution and LARPing about what they'll do in the new communist takeover.

Dismantling gender and the logic behind it is actually super problematic towards real trans people. Gender is not just a construct, there are real physical and mental attributes that come from having testosterone or estrogen as your dominant hormone. One isn't better or superior, but there are very real differences and anyone who thinks otherwise is just trying to argue with simple facts about the human brain and body.

>> No.10700008

>>10700002
General sexual dimorphism and hormones imoacting your body are a real thing and all and like I said gender abolition would be impractical, the things you listed are another reason for that. I'm just a cis girl and I'm a very stereotypically girly cis girl too. I'm not saying this from the perspective of some enby blue haired tumblr addict who is ashamed of my breasts or whatever, I just don't feel opposed to the idea of eliminating gender if it was practical to do so. It doesn't help anything to do that currently though so there is no reason to. There is nothing inherently problematic about the *idea* of eradicating gender. It just would be impossible to do or makes little sense to put effort towards in the forseeable future so it's not helpful to focus on any time soon.

>> No.10700039

>>10699954
Honestly it's kind of weird. I understand it more on cgl given that lolita is hyperfeminine and people don't understand trannies who dress in a feminine style but rage about people using the wrong pronouns.

But whenever I tour around different boards there's so much fucking shit about trannies. Fucking annoying.

>> No.10700045

>>10700039
Oldfag here but back in the day it was foggots, now it's trannies. Meh. In 5-10 years it will be something else if this board/site isn't totally defunct by then. I guess eventually people will run out of things to pretend to be mad at.

>> No.10700047

>>10700002
>>10700008
I understand the 'actually trans' people far better than I do the 'nutbags/genderspecials', partly because I have a few trans friends who fall into the former category and they've explained their experiences to me but also because I think the genderspecials are a bit confusing.

Gender (identity) to my understanding is a social construct; how you present yourself socially. So if you're trans and you want to align with your gender identity, then does that involve presenting yourself in ways that align with your gender? That's where most of my tranny friends fall into, because they feel dysphoric about being perceived as their biological sex and feel like themselves when they present as their gender identity.

However, gender-specials often break that pattern, with ftm lolitas for example. This leads me to the argument that I think gender-specials are trying to make which is that we should eliminate the association between feminine/masculine clothing and the gender of those wearing it, or just gendered clothing all together. I've also noticed that those who practice this tend to not describe themselves as dysphoric.

And the question is then, are you trans if you don't experience dysphoria? I personally lean towards 'no', but I also think it can be dangerous to focus too much on that since if we do, we start treating trans people like they're mentally ill and need to be 'fixed'. They do have treatment which is just the process of transitioning lmao, but it isn't illness like schizophrenia is.

I also think that even if I don't believe gender-specials are trans in the same way that dysphoria fags are, the core of what they're saying is interesting and worth exploring, since it questions what gender is in a sociological sense. With the abolition of gender, what would gender identity even be? Ultimately, I don't care what anyone is calling themselves but it's interesting.

>> No.10700054

>>10700047
>are you trans if you don't experience dysphoria?
NTA but a real live sane trans person here. If you don't experience dysphoria you are not transgender. It doesn't mean you're not queer or something else, but dysphoria is the defining characteristic of the need for medical transition. I actually think of transness as a mental health issue. Not that trans people are crazy or unhinged, but because the problem is a disconnect between my mind and my body, and I actually think if people thought of it more as a health issue rather than a social issue, it would be a lot easier for genuinely trans people to get treatment and live their lives.

Gender-specials, imho, are basically the everyday equivalent of drag queens. They play with gender and gender norms and I think there's genuinely a place in society for questioning these norms. But that place isn't playing fast and loose with the trans community and insisting that their needs and experiences are the same as or even as valid as the needs and experiences of actual trans people who need to feel integrated in society. These are the same fucktards out here criticizing *actual* trans people for getting life changing medical treatment because their conforming or whatever just because they themselves can't stomach making a lot of permanent changes because it turns out, they're rarely if ever actually interested in transitioning more than they are interested in calling out social norms. The fact that they can't see how this behavior is at the expense of actual trans people shows how weirdly narcistic their approach to "activism" is. They are the "i don't see color" equivalent for trans people.

>> No.10700056

>>10700054
>insisting that their needs and experiences are the same as or even as valid as the needs and experiences of actual trans people

THIS. This is exactly why a lot of trans people hate genderspecials. There's a big difference between feeling like wearing a dress one day and actually needing to transition. Pretending that those two things are the same is so fucking off base.

>> No.10700070

>>10699978
That is neither a song nor lyrics. You have no right to call someone new or act like a vet when you don't even know what you're talking about.

>> No.10700071

>>10699851
anon, gals don't care what color your hair is. It's the normies who care, and if they're not paying for your education or house you shouldn't care about them.

>> No.10700132

>>10699925
Men dressing in classically "feminine" clothing isn't a novelty in Japan either. And it's not restricted to a small obnoxious group of drag queens who parodize female behavior either. So people are less inclined to acquire a genderspecial identity just because they like frilly dresses.

>> No.10700155

>>10699997
>Unless you're out her being a cunt,
Yeah, that's usually the problem. Sissies and trannies acting out and being cunts which leads to the complaining in the first place. It isn't rent free when the tranny rages and bursts inside your house with a shitty milanoo replica and a boner. Fakebois/genderspecials are ehhh, they'll move on from the fujo phase eventually and that one girl will eventually vacuum her carpet and learn how to do her brows. I frequent artist and fandom spaces and the amount of psychotic trannies I meet is insane. They're always heavy into politics and terminally coombrained.

Also a lot of you would defend shit like sexy baby, so it's a double no.

>> No.10700206

>>10700132
This. There’s a very long history of men taking on feminine roles/aesthetic without having to “be” anything in particular. In pre-contact Japan men would use female pen names for Christs sake. Japan is actually very accommodating to men doing pretty much whatever in terms of their presentation. Women on the other hand…

>> No.10700207

>>10700155
Maybe if you live on Twitter/tumblr or something. I frequent fandom spaces too and I’ve literally only ever ran into 2 psychotic gender specials and one was like 16 so I don’t even give a fuck. It’s really not that big of a thing and it’s pretty easy to avoid if you’ve got half a brain cell. But sure go ahead and work up that victim complex.

>> No.10700208

>>10700207
I wish I was as lucky as you

>> No.10700221

>>10700208
Well don’t be a fucking retard and you can be. Seriously I will never understand the endless complaining and whining about it. Don’t like trannies? Avoid them as you would any other fucktards you don’t like to be around. Fucking snowflakes. It’s not rocket science.

>> No.10700241

Buying a dress that is listed in “good condition” only for it to arrive ripped and stained.
Fucking hell

>> No.10700252

>>10699954
Identity politics requires no more knowledge than your own opinion. That's why the internet at large loves them

>> No.10700259

>>10699997
Or maybe they’re just y know, a meme

>> No.10700261

>>10700252
Don’t reply to her you retard

>> No.10700320

>>10700207
Lucky you. My entire comm is filled with them. I can't go on Facebook now without seeing some lolita or fairy kei... person blame capitalism for everything. It's hilarious seeing people who buy expensive japanese crap almost every day get triggered over something they hypocritically overindulge in.

>> No.10700332
File: 16 KB, 210x240, Guts rage.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Every board in this site talks about trannies 24/7

>> No.10700359

>>10700320
Imagine. Hanging out with people. Of your own free will. And then complaining about it constantly.

If it's that bad, leave the comm. Become a lonelita it's lit. Or make friends and do private events together (that's what most people do nowadays anyways). But then again you sound like a giant cunt who has no friends anyways so lonelita it is.

>> No.10700360

>>10700332
because none of us have no real way to vent about the fucking sexual deviant bullies in that community. They literally get away with murder and rape.

>> No.10700373

>>10700359
Calm your tits sjw. I have poor social skills and my small town can barely tolerate casual goth clothing let alone a full coord.

>> No.10700375

>>10700359
On a further note I only complain on 4chan. During meets I either grit my teeth and hold my tongue or I don't engage in conversations that irk me. I'm allowed to say what grinds my gears on a thread about what grinds people's gears right? Or is free speech from the non-woke banned here too?

>> No.10700377

>>10700373
>poor social skills
Just admit you're a retard.

>>10700375
Yeah, but we were just talking about how annoying it is that every fucking thread has to bring it up. I literally couldn't care less about trannies one way or the other and we beat this topic to death every fucking thread. Do your blood pressure a favor and find people to hang with that don't cause you to feel the need to shit up every thread on here about trannies.

>> No.10700378

>>10700377
I don't care about trannies either. I wasn't talking about trannies. I think you might be the retarded one anon.

>> No.10700381

>>10700359
>Become a lonelita it's lit.
>you sound like a giant cunt who has no friends anyways so lonelita it is.

The projection of it all

>> No.10700426

>open up to guy
>guy hangs out a bit with you
>make it obvious you can get lucky with me
>guy becomes mega weeb and just goes off about anime or something

why....

>> No.10700431

>>10700426
Bruh. Why are all the cute guys autistic?

>> No.10700437

>>10700431
Tell me about it... he bridal carried me for some photo and then I even followed him to his room, sat next to him on his sofa alone in the room, and even sat up next to him. He just proceeded to drink beers and watch anime... Like tf is wrong with me? I'm not fat, I even let my blouse down a bit more than usual.

>> No.10700463

>>10700437
There's no way this is real...... everyone knows that the girl just has to be straightforward bc there's no way a guy would risk being too weird

>> No.10700485

>cute twink exists
>he's either gay or on the edge of trooning out

>> No.10700491

>>10700437
I had something similar happen to me in the past. didnt realize it till years later when it popped into my head randomly. guys are dense just ask next time

>> No.10700501

>>10700426
Maybe you're hideous?

JK he probably just didn't want to creep you out. I almost always make the first move so that the guy knows I'm interested and not going to be weirded out.

>> No.10700527

>>10700463
Are you stupid? This happens constantly

>> No.10700538

>>10700527
Well yeah but they eventually just tell the guy, right? Idk if anyone would lose interest just bc the guy either cant pick up hints or doesnt want to be wrong and end up looking like a creep.

>> No.10700540
File: 217 KB, 960x540, 1636558366029.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10699121
Gross legbeards who think their shit doesn't stink when they reee about other cosplayers. Shut up bitch. You hot glue your fabric.

>> No.10700541
File: 267 KB, 1160x927, eda.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10700431
Mostly because anything can be twisted into drama starting bullshit by mentally ill people. So it's better to not risk it. And maybe he felt if he did something he'd just be misinterpretating something and get himself into trouble.

>> No.10700557

>>10700426
Wait are you? >>10700422 posts are around the same time so I can only assume it's you. If so then you probably came off way too strong and weirded someone out.

>>10700541
Actually yeah a lot of this, I am male cosplayer this kind of dumbshit is something I have to wonder about from time to time. If you are that anon from the other thread, yeah it's pretty fucking obvious you were giving red flags about being a bit overboard. Like I dunno if you wanna smash maybe just lead into it rather than trying to go full slut mode and weird to where it might come off as something else.

Side note: if that really is you from the feels thread lol, the dude didn't lie to you he did exactly what he said he was going to do.

>> No.10700566
File: 46 KB, 285x322, 1633983138805.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10699954
>touring around 4chan for a day
>click /cgl/
>click random thread
>see a tripfag posting

Why can I never escape tripfags on this website, surely there are boards where tripfags aren't shitting up this anonymous imageboard?

>> No.10700795

>>10700378
That's literally what the anon you replied to was talking about. Pot, meet kettle.

>> No.10700816

>>10700491
This is what men think like

>>10700437
This is what women think like

Also keep in mind >>10700463 is right, in this culture you can't just *do* things you have to ask for full consent, even if you are "trying to get someone" to do something. The reality is that the culture nowadays, you actually are gonna have to be forward if you want a guy. Shit sucks, but that's just how it is now.

>> No.10701063

>constant anas or fattys arguing with each other in every damn thread

>japanese brand vs indie brand arguments

jesus fucking christ let people wear what they want

>> No.10701065

>>10700538
I eventually just give up and I give up quite quickly because I'm insecure. When I want to have sex with a guy at a con I want a romantic adventure and feel wanted. I guess guys at cons are also insecure.

>> No.10701104

>>10700426
>>10700437
being on the other side, I'm pretty good looking and can hold a convo, but I'm pure dogshit at seeing signs girls are into me. This is probably a pretty common thing of "nerds that blew up after high school/college but still don't know how to engage romantically with girls". It's like I interpret every sign in the most unromantic way possible. This one time, I went for a drive with a chick and she parked up in a secluded spot, turned to me, and asked if I would ever have sex in a car, and I just went "why? that sounds really uncomfortable. I'd rather just do it in a bed" and we drove off like 5 min later. It only hit me a week later. I also hard agree with >>10700463, cons have a fuckton of creeps, and I personally don't want to be mistaken for one (and get kicked out/bother people). idk just be as direct as possible, girls get more leeway with being creepy than guys do at cons.

>> No.10701181

>>10699246
Well guess what? /cgl/ delivers again. I ran into at least a dozen of you just in the last week and I'm sure I had a better time than with anyone who decided that free room and board wasn't good enough. At this point, my new con goal is to see how many of you I can spot or can spot me. >>10701167

>> No.10701403

Everyone is so quick to shit on teens cosplaying on tiktok. Some of them have good costumes, and the rest are literally just kids fucking around and having fun. Grown ass adults are being more cringe than literal cringe teenagers.

>> No.10701406

>>10701403
agree, who cares if they're cringe it's not hurting anyone

>> No.10701412

>>10701403
no, teens need to have adults identify that kind of behavior or they will stay like that as adults. the "just having fun" excuse is for idiots.

>> No.10701414

>>10701412
or they will just mature and grow out of it themselves. who doesn't look back on their teen years and cringe lol

>> No.10701415

>>10701412
my guy, i'm in my 30's. i had my cringe MCR/emo and cosplay cringe phase and i grew out of it. I know it was cringe, but i look back on it with a sense of nostalgia because i legit had a good time. Sorry that you didnt get the chance to have fun when you were young.

>> No.10701422

>>10701063
>let people wear what they want
Ah yes the classic ita cope

>> No.10701455

>>10701414
>>10701415
Tell this to all the 30 year olds on tiktok.

>> No.10702485

>>10699247
I have a question for the other anons. Is this bait?

>> No.10702486

>>10702485
How is it even bait? Nothing about it was offensive or unusual. It’s a pretty run-of-the-mill and repetitive experience

>> No.10702488

>>10701403
This. Cosplay used to be all about the campy/cringe diy aesthetic. I actually like seeing this on TikTok because it brings me back to a simpler time in my life when I actually loved a character so much I’d sit there for four hours with a hot glue gun so I could dress up vaguely like them. Tbh I’m so burnt out from adulting I don’t give that many fucks about anything in my life, let alone a fictional character. Let people live they’re not hurting anybody. Not everyone needs to be out here with calendar ready cosplay shoots in order to have a good time.

>> No.10702489

>>10702486
So people on this board unironically believe that they should be paid for pictures while strutting about?

>> No.10702490

>>10702489
Wtf are you talking about, that anon was being sarcastic about the picture thing
Jesus

>> No.10702491

>>10702489
I'd ask for $20 so they'd fuck off and let them take creep shots if they must.

>> No.10702493

>>10702490
Do you understand what bait is? You need to directly answer the original question for me to take you seriously.

>>10702491
It seems reasonable to take pride in one's work and be financially rewarded. How common is this? I never went to a con where I saw this.

>> No.10702500

>>10702489
>unironically
they were very obviously just joking and being snarky you absolute autist. is this bait?

>> No.10702502
File: 18 KB, 236x211, 1489042320017.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10702489
absolute autist retard

>> No.10702503

>>10699210
Why does her face look like she's 40? Lol

>> No.10702505

>>10699243
Never trust normies

>> No.10702514

>>10699210
zoomers not knowing how to use the word "aesthetic" will forever piss me off

>> No.10702536

>>10700426
As a dude who cosplays I'll spell it out for you

1. way too easy to be #metoo'd in this environment so yeah it sucks but whacking it is safer than the fallout of years because someone misunderstood a what a one night stand was. Seriously not worth it unless can get documented on something like tinder or what not because at least it's peace of mind and proof. Not trying to sound schizo but it's a fact of life at cons now.
2. Maybe the dude just didn't want to fuck? believe it or not, contrary to popular belief of cgl, not all guys want to fuck 24/7. It's not like we explode if our balls don't empty in X hours.
3. You're at an anime con and complaining someone was a weeb? really?

>>10700437
>dude did a photo with me
>this means he wants to fuck me
>I know I'll stalk him till he says yes!
I know that's a bit of an extreme way of putting it but lmao this is what you sound like.

>> No.10702575

>>10700054
What do you think of butch women?

>> No.10702582

>>10702536
>You're at an anime con and complaining someone was a weeb? really?

Tbh cosplay women 180% do not *actually* like nerdy things anymore. Times have changed. It's the new football.

>> No.10702610

>>10700426

I won't name the con but a few years back, a friend of mine was hooking up with a girl he met, they were all over each other. She guided him by the FUCKING hand out the door, presumably back to whereever she was staying. The next morning my friend is getting accused or rape by this girl and she turned the entire group on him with this accusation. Then the next night this girl is bragging to me how she didn't really feel raped and she just wanted him to leave in the morning (she didn't know I was his friend). fuck women at cons. Men are more beta and herbivore because any random bitch can ruin our lives at the drop of a hat.

>> No.10705049

>event page for comm meetup
>someone asks if they can bring kids, kids are well behaved and have coordinates
>other lolita replies saying sorry but no, OP is totally fine with it
>i get to the meetup
>theres a fucking kid

??????

>> No.10705053
File: 420 KB, 1279x1651, 172d84e9_2048.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Fatties squeezing themselves into dresses
If the dress doesn't fit at least wear something else that does ffs

>> No.10705058

>>10705053
The shoes are what kill me more that the weight in this picture.

>> No.10705089

when adjustable straps on JSKs are utterly fucking useless. i'm 5'7 with a long torso i need more than like half an inch of leeway on the strap

>> No.10705091

>>10705049
my comm actually banned a mom who kept bringing her kids without asking(which she dressed in shitty handmade care bear sheets jsks) a friend who was close to her posted a bunch of caps between her and the mod telling her to stop bringing and her getting mad and blocking her. turns out she lied to her husband about the fashion, saying it was a kid's thing to get more $$ for the events. she was also a tb only lolita and tried shilling her insta shitty mlm all the time.

>> No.10705094

>>10699243
> but still have to bend over backwards to please them

Dump them. If they can't be adults and tell you they can't do it when you first ask them then they are not worth your time. I get that last minute things happen but I have dropped people from my life when I plan something out months in advance and the week before they say they can't go because they forgot about it and planned something else.

>> No.10705096

>>10705094
Well, in context, what I meant was for my first group, they bailed because "OH LOL have to take of my kid brother and there's no one else in town and can't bring him along." The other "My coworker took a last minute vacation and I'm replacing him for his shift." The latter didn't even make sense because dude went to a con anyway, just not the one I did. It's fine, anyway. I wouldn't have been comped like $1200 if I had gone to pick them up anyway.

>> No.10705097

>>10702575
Butch women don’t call themselves men

>> No.10705106

>>10705097
nta but aren't there some butch women who do the he/him thing? Not in the cringey tumblr spawn kind of way but in the older gay scene kind of way

>> No.10705112

>>10705097
>>10705106
It's pretty common if you go outside into actual older gay communities. Many butches go on testosterone, go by male/masc names, get top surgery, and for all intents and purposes live as men.

>> No.10705115

>>10705106
>>10705112
Aren’t they just what >>10700054 is describing then, not gender specials? Not sure what the point is.

>> No.10705136
File: 79 KB, 622x581, 873hbv.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Anons sperging over mundane shit

>> No.10705137

>>10705112
>>10705106
>>10705097
They aren't gender specials. It's in flux dependent on their relationships, based off what I understand. I think the issue is the trans community is so desperate to make people adopt cultist belief systems and butch lesbians have existed since forever, outside of this whole 'trans' identification.

>> No.10705161
File: 66 KB, 625x626, thisisbait.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10699121
I think wearing a blouse under a dress looks silly and dresses look better with a bolero/cardigan on top

>> No.10705262

>>10705053
WHAT ARE THOSE?!!!!
in all seriousness though she looks like she's one deep inhale away from hulking that bodice to shreds

>> No.10705366

>>10705137
more like both butches and trans guys have existed forever but they both got lumped into the "butch" label for lack of a better one

i'm sorry but, if you go by he/him, have a surgically flattened chest, bang scrote juice into your veins once a month, and grow a mustache, you're a man, probably more man than most of the men on here

>> No.10705387

How much gulls like bait

>> No.10705394

Lolitas on IG who preach all this inclusivity shit and ethical shopping and then completely contradict themselves. If you're going to be annoying then be consistent about it

>> No.10705397

>>10705394
That's how the majority of virtue signalers are. They are just parroting shit and don't believe or even think about what they are saying. That's why there's so many contradictions.

>> No.10705398

>>10705053
holy shit i hate fatties

>> No.10705408
File: 484 KB, 300x225, 1614839638672.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10705053
This is the exact same shit I see at anime cons where the person has 0 self awareness of how shit they look. I don't get it, just wear something that will fit and look good. This only makes me think there is something mentally wrong with them.

>> No.10705411

>>10705053
How could you torture yourself like this? Fatties makes themselves suffer more than any cgl fat shamer could. In a world where there are so many brands catering to them, there is no excuse either.

>> No.10705425

>>10705411
entitlement is real dude. and it's embarrassing.

>> No.10705443

being antisocial and a lolita. i just went out for the first time in months in lolita and had 6 people ask me if its a costume and "do you do birthday parties??" o_o i mean i know im gonna get these comments regardless and im not offended at all by it, its just that because i usually dont speak most of the time i end up sound like a blubbering idiot trying to politely explain that its not a costume

>> No.10705444

>>10705053
Like... doesn't it hurt? I have one IW dress where the bust is a little smaller than my usual JSKs and after a few hours of wear it leaves a mark on the side of my bust and it stings a little. Surely this must be fully digging in and leaving huge marks across their chonk?

>> No.10705481

>>10705397
If it were just parroting that would be one thing but they actively hunt down and bully anyone who disagrees with them...but we're supposed to believe they're the good guys?

>> No.10705484

>>10705443
Just confidently say it’s by a Japanese designer. True and you don’t have to explain anything “acktually” style.

>> No.10706364

>>10700426
He might've been chad without you knowing
When women show any interest in me, I go off on something I really enjoy like anime or math, and if they don't either feign interest or enjoy the conversation then they're probably not the right girl for me, since they just want me for sex. You're at a fucking con, and don't wanna talk about anime, literally most men go to these cons to find girls who are into anime. If you can't even do that what's the fuckin point

>> No.10706377

>>10705443
I can tell from the way you wrote this that you fucking love the attention

>> No.10706389

>>10705096
Wait did they bail on you but still pay for whatever rooms you were hosting? I'm confused now, at first I thought people were just straight up ditching you. Sorry anon your first post and follow up post are way different than what I expected to see. It sucks but things do come up in life, at the very least it seems like they still paid for your room fees

>The latter didn't even make sense because dude went to a con anyway, just not the one I did.
Like in the same city or were they like a few states away and couldn't make the commute? Huge difference between the two, maybe said anon had to work early and the commute would just not make it possible?

>> No.10706391

>>10705053
I dont understand this just wear meta and an AP headbow or something

>> No.10706515

>>10702610
Glad you still have my back after all these years bro. tbf, I did act like a jerk to her in the morning cause I was getting the vibe she was one of those clingy stalker types but I guess it worked a little too well lol.

>> No.10706517

>>10702488
Yeah, the manic emo kid energy of like 2010 was something else. A bunch of nerds and spergs just letting loose for a weekend of dionysian revelry, there was something vital and pure about it.

Now it's been corrupted by slick plastic influencer culture and neo-puritan moral fervor to become just another colored facet in the kaleidoscopic monolith we call our culture.

>> No.10706727

>>10699121
seeing constant sperg-outs over black people (usually women) cosplaying anime characters. who the fuck cares? will the world explode if shaniqua dresses up as rei ayanami?

>> No.10706775

I am SO TIRED of all the people smugly going "hehe if your cosplay looks bad with a mask it's not a good cosplay :^)". It's max level copium, or it's written by uggos that like that masks level the playing field. Masks completely kill any emotions you can have on your face and make photos worse 99% of the time.

This is coming from someone who's actually vaxxed and willing to wear masks for cons (even though I'm getting real fucking sick and tired of them)

>>10702488
one of my deepest secrets is that i would 100% LARP as some of the characters I cosplay as, if only someone else from the series I do would do so as well. Might need to look into doing skits for a masquerade or sumthin lmao.

>> No.10706884

>>10705394
Omfg this. They tag their shit with catchy buzzwords like “shop small” and “buy ethically”, then do taobao hauls for click. Most embarrassing behavior.

>> No.10709383

When you lose your fucking cosplay prop and there isn't a single seller that makes them anymore.

>Have Guzma cosplay.
>Love the shit out of it cause me and my friends all cosplay Team Skull
>Even met my gf from Team Skull cosplay.
>Finally buy my own house.
>Lose my skull glasses and my giant, shiny team skull necklace.
>Go online to see if I can get another one.
>All the options are these small ass grunt necklaces or look really fucking shitty.
>literally crying while I post this

I fucking love that cosplay so much. Guzma is my spirit animal and he's so god damn fly.

>> No.10709409

>>10705443
>text emoji
Cringe. But most of 4chan is overrun with tumblrfags at this point. You don’t have to explain anything, just say it’s by an indie brand and walk away. But I’m more curious how the hell you’re styling it. Are you wearing OTT sweet at the post office or something?

>> No.10712890

>>10709383
I'm sorry for your loss.

>> No.10713546

>>10706775
If you think masks kill the emotion you probably need to go listen to Tyra banks some more and learn to smise (smile with your eyes) because your eyes are what create emotion you outright autist.

You’re just mad because you’re one of those people who can’t do a decent cosplay without having your pretty pass skirt you through it now that it’s covered by a mask.

>> No.10713547

>>10713546
(i cannot stress this enough) uggo detected
my cosplays are good, why would I want to hamper them by wearing a mask? it's only useful if the weakest part of your cosplay is you being ugly, ugly.

>> No.10713549

>>10713547
Oh I don’t wear cosplay because I’m not an autist and I deserve to show my beautiful face to the world instead.
But we also made wearing masks a cute thing for you ugly cosplayers - but go ahead and try and convince anyone that by wearing a mask you’re not trying to hide the fact you either can’t actually create good cosplays without using a pretty pass or you literally have no idea how to use your eyes as expressive tools and bank off the fact you probably only have a fuckable face and not even decent cosplays.

>> No.10713550

those ugly airbrushed bodysuits look like shit. shadows aren't static like that in real life so it looks stupid if it's not at the perfect angle.

>> No.10713565
File: 83 KB, 839x768, 1628099400501.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I saw a negro last week, worst day of my life.

>> No.10713567

>>10713565
it needs to be cosplay related

>> No.10713608

>>10713549
>calls self "beautiful"
>complains someone else is using a "pretty pass" while also calling them an "ugly cosplayer" (?)
>not even a cosplayer

are you alright anon, do you have brain damage? I don't get why you want to show off your "beautiful face to the world" if you also think covering up most of your face is fine. Unless, of course, you're one of those uggos that are breathing a sigh of relief since they actually look good with most of their face covered up? you can smise all you want, I like showing my full face off instead of tricking people into filling in the blanks like you.

>> No.10713653

>>10699993
You see the problem is you're retarded. Gender and race exist and are meaningful definitions. They aren't simply made up imaginary terms, this idea that they are is a form of post-modernist thought which is currently the cultural zeitgeist of the time.

Labels are important, it informs people about who they are, what roles they are good at. Whatever argument you have, people like to conform, people like to feel that they belong to a wider community. Hence why civilisation as soon as it started grew exponentially. Stripping people of their ability to conform to certain traditions destroys this ability to feel part of a whole.

Eventually when all natural labels are destroyed the only labels left to exist will be labels which are fitted to consumers of certain products. Apple is a great example of this, people who buy Apple products like to buy Apple products because not only are they getting a good product, they're buying an identity. If you're observant you would have noticed that as society has pushed away from natural labels, corporations have immediately filled the gaps by becoming "lifestyle brands". This is not a coincidence, also why big brands love the idea of getting rid of natural labels. You consume an identity, you are the perfect consumer. A completely blank slate looking for some group to identify with since you have nothing of your own. Thanks for speeding up the corporatist dystopia.

>> No.10713656

>>10700431
I fall into the good looking but autistic guy category so heres my take. Most girls are absolutely terrible at flirting and guys are mostly terrified of misinterpreting signals and proceeding to have their life ruined. At most the pinnacle of a girl flirting is making it known she is available to be dated. For example see:
>>10700426
>>10700437

99% of girls will never escalate or chase a guy. It's expected that the guy must escalate and that's very scary especially for guys with low social skills who know they misinterpret people often.

My skills are so bad that I once had a work friend, very pretty girl, we hung out lots, she gave me free art lessons. For my birthday she rented out a hotel for me and her, she bought all the alcohol and dinner for me. She got me very, very drunk since I hardly drink at all I have no idea about standard drink sizes or how much is in what. The room was only 1 bedroom, so I assumed she would get the bed and I'd sleep on the couch. She disagreed and begged me to sleep in the bed with her. Then she complained of being cold and asked if I could hug her to warm her up. So I did and spooned her. She grabbed my hand and basically squeezed her boob with my hand. I still didn't get the message and just thought it was comfortable for her to be like that. Eventually she got fed up and given she had a lot to drink herself said, "Oh my God anon. Look, here." She turned herself over and pressed her boobs into my face.

Then I got the message.

>> No.10713745

>>10713567
It is I was dressed as Naruto when I saw him. He didn't even apologize btw

>> No.10713820

>>10713656
>and guys are mostly terrified of misinterpreting signals and proceeding to have their life ruined.
This. I actually know a few people who's lives where destroyed from shit like this. People like to claim this shit never happens and is just some /pol/ shiczo posting or when it does happen that it's because of some retarded reason that is apparently super obveouse, but the real truth is is that it is 100% real and a huge risk. I've actually had women do almost the same thing as your second story only for me to make a move and for them to freak out cause apparently it was totally NOT an invitation. I don't care how sexist it sounds but the other truth is women are pretty retarded and feminism has made them completely oblviouse to social ques and norms.

>> No.10713832

>>10713656
>>10700431

I'm in the same category as this anon (good looking but autistic). I don't have an issue with talking to girls evenly, I'm just deathly afraid of getting considered a creep or, worse, lose friendships with girls, so I don't flirt. So, I wait for girls to make a move, which is apparently a lot of staring, ogling, and occasionally physical stuff that you can't even be sure is platonic or not.

>> No.10714153

>>10699210
fucking aliexpress/shein core shits so hideous

>> No.10714594

>>10705053
You may say that anon but sometimes I go to conventions just to see that.
Mmmph.

>> No.10714756

>>10706884
We need names to shame.

>> No.10719692

>>10700426
>>10700437
>think girl is flirting with me
>play the game
>WTF NO I WAS JUST BEING NIIIIIICE!
>now a creep

Not trying to be one of those people stereotyping the situation, but that's a legit thing guys have to think about. Worse if you have sex with them and then they "regret" it or don't get what a one nighter is. It can literally destroy your life. As dumb as it sounds your hand is always around.

>> No.10719702

short lolitas literally live life on easy mode like if ur under 5'3 and ur dresses still look bad on you then you should just kys lol

>> No.10719720

>>10719702
you underestimate how many short lolitas are also fat

>> No.10719796
File: 110 KB, 1080x1349, img_1_1642486288966.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I'm trying to be polite but I hate this guy. I have to be diplomatic since we're in the same Star Wars groups but he never shuts the fuck up. It's the guy in the top pic btw.
He makes memes of himself every single day. He abused the shit out of his last gf but keeps posting sad attempts at thirst traps on tiktok cause he knows teenage girls don't know that guys aren't supposed to be a piece of shit. Every time we go to an event he just leaves and doesn't interact with clients or guests, just does selfie photoshoots by himself. He's a less interesting and somehow creepier patrick bateman. I can only say something here because I know I'll get kicked from the group if I end up going off on him.
Fuck you bro. The only reason anyone keeps you around is because you bought a decent anakin costume. People don't cosplay him because he was evil and killed children but that suits you just fine I guess. Fuck off forever, please and thanks.

>> No.10719806

>>10719692
One of my black buddies was getting hit with obvious signals from this drunk white chick at dragoncon. Dude brushed her aggressive advances off and said "I'm not trying catch a case down here". Dude works for the government and has a clearance and didn't want to deal with a "regretful white girl" the next day.

>> No.10719812

>>10706884
People ask me why I buy stuff from China direct.

Honestly, it's because if I bought it from Amazon, Spreepicky, or any other outlet online... I'd just be paying extra for someone bulk ordering the exact same thing from China.

>> No.10720003
File: 299 KB, 445x450, 1475392869975.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Multiple listings saying Urgent sale for whatever seller needs to pay for
>See the exact same seller bidding on other dresses
kek

>> No.10720024

>>10719806
>complete unnecessary addition of racial info

Makes me think you have some sort of race fetish and just made it up.

>> No.10720039

>>10720024
nta but just because you're a bitter racist, doesn't mean everyone has a race fixation.

nice projection

>> No.10720049

>>10720039
>doesn't mean everyone has a race fixation

So why the addition of unnecessary racial info? It's literally more effort to type out "white girl" rather than "girl". You made a concerted effort to let readers know about the races of the parties when it was a completely superfluous detail and now you're being defensive about it. Race fetishist.

>> No.10720055

>>10720024
What the fuck are you on about? I mentioned his race because of the context of the situation. He was as a black dude concerned about a drunk white woman making false accusations against him after any sexual encounter.

>> No.10720056

>>10720055
So what do the races have to do with it? I am really not understand why you added them in. The story is whole and complete with racial information. You added it in for a reason.

>> No.10720057

>>10720056
Without*

>> No.10720072

>>10720056
Context you obtuse fuck. I can help you if you're that retarded to understand the context. It seems like you're the typical
/pol/scrote getting triggered and jimmy rustled for seeing the word black.

>> No.10720073

>>10720049
I said nta, moron. lol. I'm jumping in with an observation that you're a racist piece of shit for reacting.

>> No.10720078

>>10720072
The fuck does the race of the parties add anything to the context? What part of the story is incomplete without knowing the races?

I keep asking the question and you keep avoiding answering it. You're definitely just a typical race fetishist. Skirt around the topic as much as you can so people will believe you.

>> No.10720079

>>10720073
>the racist person is the person saying that the races don't matter

I love 2022, truly the best timeline.

>> No.10720082

>>10720078
Anon, if you pay attention the the context of media, news, the majority of people who you know talk and speak the English language, race is a huge hot topic and usually is outwardly defined contextually in situations fairly frequently nowadays. I'm nta, but you're flipping out over apples and oranges. Are you mad about all those obviously propaganda articles out there? Like, you're so easy to piss off that it makes you look like a racist over the sole fact someone mentioned a race in a story.

>> No.10720083

>>10720082
just because your bullying seems nicer doesn't mean you're not bullying.

>> No.10720084

>>10720079
damn you're really stupid aren't you. I bet being pissed off 24/7 is a miserable existence.

>> No.10720088 [DELETED] 

>>10720082
Anon, I just want to know why race was included in the story. Nobody seems to want to answer the question.

I'm calling out race fetishist for what they are. They make up this story which fits their race stereotypes, eg. Black male dominant, white female submissive and then when people buy into it saying "Oh yeah totally that sucks, that's definitely believable because yes Black man dominant and/or white women submissive." They then jerk off that their race fetish has been acknowledged.

>> No.10720095 [DELETED] 

>>10720088
Anon, you're projecting that other people live in a fantastical bubble like you. If anon is from cosplay scene, they are more social. You sound like you're likely from the lolita scene. There's a reason why autist became an insult on the board.

>> No.10720099 [DELETED] 

>>10720088
nayrt but honestly stories of black men being harmed by police/violent racists for made up or exaggerated sexual misdeeds towards white women (like catcalling or sleeping with a woman who regretted it) are so prevalent that it changes the context of the anecdote

>> No.10720100 [DELETED] 

>>10720095
Anon, answer the question. You keep wanting to avoid it at all costs.

>> No.10720105 [DELETED] 

>>10720099
So what about the rape statistics? Black men proportionately rape and sexually assault at rates far higher than any other race. So I'll call bullshit. I've heard enough horror stories of white girls going to hood parties just to end up drugged, beaten and raped so hard they spent months recovering. Fuck off with your misogynistic apologist beliefs.

>> No.10720116 [DELETED] 

>>10720105
If you want to go there lets talk about the large amount of white male scrotes that get away with rape with the help of the legal system. Brock Turner ring any bells? Plenty of judges giving slaps on the wrist when the rapist is white. Lets also talk about pedophilia rates amongst white men while we're at it. Or the sex tourism where white men travel the world to rape kids.

>> No.10720118

>>10706727
Only if she does it like shit and expects to be treated as if she did a good job regardless because “das racist to criticize black pol”
If they can admit they bought a shitty coustume on amazon and that they don’t deserve praise for that, then they’re fine

>> No.10720119 [DELETED] 

>>10720116
Go ahead and provide statistics.

>> No.10720120 [DELETED] 

>>10720088
Black people are living rent free in your head. I bet you have yellow fever too.

>> No.10720122 [DELETED] 

>>10720105
A black man turns down a white woman's advances and somehow that makes rape statistics relevant?

>> No.10720124 [DELETED] 

>>10720105
Kekekekek tell me you’re a man without telling me you’re a man.

Predation in general is wayyyy higher than any stats will tell you. But I’m telling you rn, white evangelicals are out here sexually abusing women/girls left and right. Black men are much more likely to get convicted and reported, but if you think white men are any safer you need to open your eyes up to all the areas where white men have trusted positions of power and the prevalence of them abusing that power to sexually assault young women.

>> No.10720125 [DELETED] 

>>10720124
Go ahead and provide statistics. Currently the statistics show and prove black men are much more dangerous than any other race.

https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/2017/crime-in-the-u.s.-2017/tables/table-43

>> No.10720126 [DELETED] 

>>10720125
>shows and proves

Lmao tell me you’ve never taken a stats class without telling me you’ve never taken a stats class

>> No.10720127 [DELETED] 

>>10720126
Still waiting on those statistics.

>> No.10720129 [DELETED] 

>>10720120
He keeps avoiding the question for the millionth time.

>> No.10720131
File: 55 KB, 891x718, sneed.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Been talking to this buff black engineer dude on tinder. Told him I was into lolita today and he said I should wear it when we go on a date

>> No.10720136
File: 23 KB, 655x468, images (23).jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Entire discussion grinds to a halt when the "evil white man" people are asked to show evidence

>> No.10720137

Here we are on a fucking cosplay board where retards are arguing about black people. Did one of them steal the egirl you were donating your neetbux to?

>> No.10720139

>>10720137
mb I mentioned /cgl/ a couple times on /r9k/

>> No.10720140

>>10720137
Black people lapdogs ruin everything.

>> No.10720144
File: 263 KB, 500x383, why.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10720139
Why.

We'd finally gotten rid of them. Why did you poke the beast. Now we're going to have a whole do-over of what was going on 2-3 years ago or so.

I wondered why I walked into BTK serial killer, black people, and transgender hate talk today.

>> No.10720146

>>10720144
>We'd finally gotten rid of them
Are you retarded?

>> No.10720148

>>10720024
Race matters in this context. Black guy will get fucked much harder by false accusations than almost anyone else

>> No.10720150

>>10720148
Based on what though? Most evidence about the disparity between black/white convictions is not "fucked harder than anyone else". I remember another Anon tried to make this point ages ago and provided a study which showed the disparity in convictions was 6%. Hardly such an extreme disparity that it's worth re-contextualising an even in terms of race.

>> No.10720152

>>10720150
kek you really don't know how stats work do you? First off, 6% in a statistically significant result is absolutely MASSIVE. And that's not even accounting for other biases outside the scope of the study, like the fact that DAs are much more likely to prosecute minorities/poor people in general. Every part of how the DAs office works is to incentivize them to pursue cases they can win. If you were to divide by income I bet you'd see a similar pattern because rich people are annoying to prosecute and harder to convict. DAs always look for the low hanging fruit, and that's why you'll see discrepancies like this.

>> No.10720153

>>10720144
it was in nice threads :(

>> No.10720154

>>10720148
Picture perfect example of this.
https://www.kwch.com/2021/03/23/bond-hearing-set-tuesday-for-albert-wilson/

>> No.10720402
File: 18 KB, 405x405, Angery Asuka.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

How's this for a peeve about this board? I was willing to overlook that the c in /cgl/ should just be changed to "Covid" because at least it's on topic with conventions. Same with annoying lolita drama, intergender political squabbling and behind the scenes drama. What I CANNOT excuse is that con discussion is straight up fucking dead in the water.

>>10718354
>>10718341
>>10718340
>>10718339
>>10718577
>>10718462
The fact that these are coordinated threads from one or just a couple people is besides the points. The only post in Otakufest's thread is me, and that's in spite of the fact that it was insanely swamped all weekend, with gulls absolutely everywhere. How this happened is beyond me, not to mention, shit that ended a week and a half ago is getting more attention than all these other upcoming threads by a country mile.

>> No.10720429

>>10720146
Anon, I guess you're not a long-time user or you'd KNOW what I'm talking about.

>> No.10720430

>>10720402
>What I CANNOT excuse is that con discussion is straight up fucking dead in the water.
at least in USA, i can't say how it is in other countries but we don't have many cons in our winter months.
also it's easier to talk about the events after they happened instead of before because all it is at that point is just speculating. or at least closer to the event happening. a lot of these threads are made months and months in advance when a lot of people who are going don't even plan that far ahead.

>crying that you ignored the tekko thread that i made

>> No.10720432

>>10720139
I mentioned it on r9k once as well, it was in a thread about how women don't have any hobbies of their own and how they always try to invade men's hobbies and apparently men don't try to do that either.
I mentioned "the entire existence of /cgl/ is men trying to insert themselves" and then of course the rebuttal was "o-o-only pedophiles are into that kinda thing!!:.

>> No.10720446

>>10720429
they’ve literally never left, you absolute autist

>> No.10720453

Sweets are usually deranged and super sjw.
They will whore themselves for literal dollar store plastic but want to feel superior so they join cancel trains

>> No.10720515

>>10720402
Discussion of cons on /cgl/ is pretty pointless unless your state/area/country doesn't have more than 1 or 2 cons per year. Pretty much everyone who wants to have "fun" at cons has retreated to a discord about it or something similar. The chance that /cgl/ will return to pre 2019 level discussion of cons is slim to none, it's now about doomer talk, laughing about con figures that do vtuber/social media these days.

The most threads are good for are just small little tidbits about cons, venting somewhere about shit, or lol'ing at the fallout of some drama from a con.

>> No.10720716
File: 232 KB, 750x750, 1534771598549.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10720430
We still got a quite a few cons going on and active discussions for them. You know this is true because the ALA thread literally killed the board for that weekend, and it's still not over.
>crying that you ignored the tekko thread that i made
Didn't see it desu. And even then, you already proved you're not part of this weird coordinated effort by SOMEONE who's spamming con threads over and over again with no takers. Plus, some actually posted in yours.

>>10720515
I am in a dozen /cgl/ Discord servers and they aren't blowing up either. I ain't talking pre-pandemic levels, either. Some of these threads (like Colossal Texas) were for pretty small event but still blew up all day. And now we have events that are either upcoming or were last week, and absolutely no one bothered, so that's why it's so jarring.

>> No.10721702

>>10699650
>Stop acting like the internet is an extension of Burgerland.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ARPANET
always has been

>> No.10721715

>>10720446
Can you be more original with the bait? It's quite plain.

>> No.10723085

>>10720402
brah, even on dedicated facebook groups and reddit pages do they barely talk about cons and cosplay. Unless we are talking about some huge and popular con like Sandiago Comic Con or ACEN no one is ever going to give a shit, and even then the large majority are going to either shit post or get caught up in the shitposting.

>> No.10723112

Pretty much all cosplayers use really fucking shitty fabric. If you're too poor to use fabric that doesn't look like cheap chinese polyester just stay inside. Sorry, not sorry.

>> No.10723269

There are a couple of lolitas I follow who have gotten on the fake positivity preachy bullshit train and it's become annoying to the point I had to unfollow them. It's so fake and preachy, just like every other performative thing that has been happening in the IG lolita community. The last thing I want to hear when I get on the godforsaken app to look at lolitas is some shitty version of "live laugh love." And I know it's just going to get more popular and going to spam my feed more because despite being hollow and unhelpful, it panders to the algorithm and gets more likes.

>> No.10724041

>>10723112
this is because pretty much all cosplayers buy their cosplays (they don't make them), and each one uses the exact same slightly rough polyester or extremely thin but smooth polyester. If you've ever bought a halloween costume, it's that fabric. Out of the ones I've talked to that made their costumes, most picked good/fitting fabric.

>> No.10726102 [DELETED] 

>>10699121
SJW and woke has ruined the comm entirely. CGL in japan is still pure and fun

>> No.10729162

>>10699957

Y'all better listen to this anon.

I remember seeing trans stuff and similar LGBT/Mental illness related content on tumblr back in ~2011. How surreal it is to have seen the effects of /that/ "discourse"--which was really just a functional cult imo-- on members of my own generation and the one following.

I don't feel scorn or mockery toward those who subscribe to such ideologies. Now that I'm older, all of /that/ that I saw on tumblr seems like a really well-planned out infiltration and propaganda/marketing scheme. As I said before, it's surreal to have seen discourse of /that/ mutate in real time and have real effects in the world 10+ years later.

>they are advocating to push a life changing procedure on people who are mentally unstable or feel trans on a whim

What sucks it that I've seen /that/ take hold of several friends of mine. And it's not just my generation. I've had gen Z coworkers tell me stuff like, "I'm ()gender to piss off the cis". It's like a script these people are rattling off, a surefire input that will get back at the man (whoever that may be)?? "Turn one's insecurities into mental illness and belong!" It's disturbing.

I can't imagine how many other impressionable people have done irreparable damage to their bodies or have made themselves bona fide mentally ill so they can fit into a niche. After seeing all of /that/, I honestly believe delusions of mental illness can be spread to those without a sense of self, and because the human brain is like a computer--and will do what you tell it--those who say "hey I'm mentally ill/ trans/ whatever 'tumblrina' (!) illness" will really become that.

I hope the meaning of what I wrote came through. I haven't thought about such things in a long time and the Anon I replied to was on point imo

>> No.10729172
File: 129 KB, 1242x921, ximzmrfxlh821.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10729162
You bringing up Tumblr era of identities and now just reminded me of the phase many teens and young adults there went through about otherkins and fictionkin. It was the same shit that people wanted to be taken seriously, and all the genderspecial and made up pronouns started around there too. I had thought people would grow out of believing harry potter lived in their head or they were dogs in a human body, but looking at the kids today and how it's the same voices but actually getting people's attention and causing change on society and laws...it's so weird.
>I honestly believe delusions of mental illness can be spread to those without a sense of self
100% it can. Like a form of mass hysteria or taking advantage of mentally ill or self conscious into a cult.

>> No.10729309
File: 65 KB, 1024x576, 1597998263387.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10700332
basically >>10700360
I've tried venting to trusted friends who turned tail for validation of said cult because it's so easy to point at someone straight/white and not mentally ill and get a free pass to bully people.

They infest any subculture that has wiggle room for their mental illness and are worse than furries in all aspects.

Only 4chan will not get you banned for calling someone a troon or being openly honest in seeing ugly goblin fucks half bald and looking like their faces are melted.

>> No.10730133
File: 55 KB, 708x497, holographic meatloaf.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Oh boy it's another "hyperspecific feature on a woman's body" thread.
This board is starting to read like the nsfw boards at this point. I'm so tired of having to hide half the fucking catalog

>> No.10730174

>>10730133
It's never been a SFW board so I'm not sure why it even pretends to be

>> No.10730198

>>10730174
This is a lie.

>> No.10730203

>>10730174
Half of this board is dedicated to one of the most modest fashions out there, what are you on

>> No.10730223

>>10701104
>and I just went "why? that sounds really uncomfortable. I'd rather just do it in a bed" and we drove off like 5 min later. It only hit me a week later
Hardest I've laughed in a week anon, god bless your soul

>> No.10730229

>>10730133
This is also why I've stopped taking a lot of dumb shit seriously on here, even in the lolita threads. There's a good chance its a scrote larping as a mean girl for trolling or otherwise.

>> No.10730290

>>10730203
And the other half is dedicated to cosplayers doing soft-core porn

>> No.10730293

>>10730198
What workplace is fine with you calling people "faggots" and posting bikini-clad cosplayers? That's what SFW stands for. If all you mean is "no nudity" then say that instead.

>> No.10730303

>>10730229
Yeah, I agree. The amount of bait threads on top of obvious coomer shit makes this board unbearable at times.

>> No.10730304

>>10730290
You're half right.

>> No.10730809

>>10699121
Women.
That is all.
Male cosplayers are nothing like this.

>> No.10730810

>oh boy a cosplay board I love sewing even though I’m a guy and would like to try stuff like that one day
>open catalogue
>mostly coomers
>the good threads are all buried
>I just wanted threads where I could talk about putting costume pieces together with other guys because I knew a guy in high school who made a really cool cosplay
pain.

>> No.10730815

>>10730809
kek someone doesn't know very many male cosplayers

>> No.10730871

>>10730810
for me it was
>oh boy i really like sewing and i can't wait to get more friends/places to discuss sewing
>well, /diy/ doesn't have anything related to sewing or it's very limited, and it's also really slow
>hey look, a cosplay board
>oh it's half pornposts
>oh its mostly lolita
>oh it's full of catty ass people
>oh the mods delete actually good threads calling out how many dogshit threads don't get deleted (all the coomposting) while good threads remain up
>oh there's unironic pol posters

I just want a SINGLE venue to talk about cosplay and sewing that isn't going to have a fuckton of ultra lefty circlejerks nor /pol/ schizos. is it too much to ask?

>> No.10731152

>>10730809
>Male cosplayers are nothing like this.
>immediately get defensive and catty when someone tells them to wear a wig/make up

>> No.10731843
File: 245 KB, 600x800, 1634292475616.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10699121
Hate when I think it's just a fard but some shid sneaks out too!

>> No.10731883

>>10730810
As a woman, I'd love to see more male sewists on this board. It's interesting to see what projects and motivations the "other side" has going on. The most male interaction I've seen on this board (pre-covid) has mostly been from the foamsmith threads. Even on /diy/ it was mostly utility sewing (ie pouches, tents, etc.)

>> No.10731884

>>10730809
T. Hall.

>> No.10731885

>>10730871
I had the same experience with /diy/. It leans more towards home improvement than casual crafts imo.

>I just want a SINGLE venue to talk about cosplay and sewing
What kinds of threads do you think would be nice to see? The WIP threads are good in theory but they can never seem to get off the ground in terms of traction.

>> No.10733644

I'm sick of lolitas prying into each others' finances so casually. It's like some of you weren't taught how private that topic is.

I'm doing well financially but it's weird to ask someone how much they paid for their dress, or how many dresses they own. I wind up lying every time, because telling people that you have money creates more trouble than it's worth. I don't know if asking such questions is a low-class trait or what.

It's also why I don't really understand wardrobe posts: it's very weird to advertise that sort of information to others. If you want to show it off so bad, just wear it.

>> No.10733696

>>10733644
it sounds like you're just hanging out with dumb people anon. are the people asking you about this stuff other lolitas?

>it's weird to ask someone how much they paid for their dress

i mean not really, you're in a hobby centered around highly collectible items with a robust secondhand market. as long as the question is genuine i don't see why this is weird especially if it's an iconic piece. i would assume someone either likes it and wants a gauge of what they should expect to pay, or they have one to sell of their own

>how many dresses they own
who asks this?

>I wind up lying every time
>every time
do people really ask you these questions that often?? i have a hard time believing that nonny

>> No.10733742

>>10733644
>I'm sick of lolitas prying
Could have just left it at this desu

>> No.10733750

>>10733696
>nonny
what grinds my gears is this dumb, catty high school speak /cgl/ alone seems to have developed.

>> No.10733760

>>10733750
it's retards from the farm. anyone using farmer speak is automatically disregarded.

>> No.10733763

>>10733696
>>it's weird to ask someone how much they paid for their dress
No, that is pretty impolite. Especially since it's super common for people to shame people for spending their own money how they want to. If you pay $400 for your dream dress, but it last sold on LM for $200 be prepared to be ridiculed, even though for some of us $200 isn't that big of a deal, especially for a dream dress.

>> No.10733786

>>10733644

Ngl I feel this. And then they have the audacity to be offended by your answer if it's not the right one. Of course I'm not affording all of this on student loans lmao.

>> No.10733809

>>10733786
I guess the right answer is being an ethot with an only fans hitting up the patriarchy to buy your burando. God forbid you have a real job, and make good money to pay for hobbies.

>> No.10733852

>>10733763
>Things that have never happened

>>10733644
It's weirder to find wardrobe posts weird. They have been a staple of the western community forever. It's a collectable fashion. It just makes sense to regularly document what you have for your own personal records, to see how your collection and tastes have changed over the years, and to show off details of garments that aren't apparent from stock photos or even coord shots, which helps the community in general make informed purchasing decisions.

>> No.10733913

>>10733696
Ayrt. I don't care whether you believe me or not, it has happened by multiple people in the large comm I'm a part of.

>>10733852
Wdym it has never happened? People ridicule it all the time on here.

And yeah I understand wardrobe posts are a staple, I just never had an interest in them for this reason. I don't need to document my clothes because I'm not collecting them like Pokemon cards. I just get what I like.

>> No.10733992

I hate how sellers/commissioners won't just tell you that they're no long interested or are busy or whatever. Nothing bothers me more than when you're trying to give money to a seller and they just never respond back. This seems to always happen to me when I'm trying to nail down people for prop commissions. Is it just me? To be fair, this is mostly before they do any work so I'm just giving a down payment but can we be adults and talk instead of ghosting? Like:

>find and chat w/ good prop maker and ready to pay
"Okay anon, send me an invoice and I'll go ahead and pay for the staff."
>1 week later no answer
"Hey anon! I might have missed your email or something so could you invoice me again or link me to your pay link or whatever? I'm ready to pay!"
>2 weeks later
"Hey anon, I'm sorry but next week I'll have to go with someone else if I don't hear back from you. I'm still very interested in your work so I'll think of you next time I need another prop though."
>radio silence forever more

>> No.10734015

>>10733644
I agree and disagree at the same time.

I've actually thought about making content/videos/whatever solely focused on how much lolita costs. I've never liked how everyone tiptoes around each other - I hate the whole "How much did you pay?" "Too much lol" thing we do. I wanted to make content that adds brutal transparency to how much things cost on the secondhand market and how much effort is involved in getting a lot of items. I feel like it would help newcomers know what to expect (especially if their dream wardrobe is based on off viral/popular wardrobe pictures). I feel like there is too much content focused on "lolita is cheap and it's easy to start!" New people get the wrong idea and then gasp when they find out $50 can't get them a full sweet AP coord in 2022.

I just wish we didn't have to sugarcoat how much we might have, or how much we've spent.

>> No.10734017

>>10734015
I would watch that, but you'd have to have a thick skin. There would be a lot of hurt feelings on the part of newbies who expect good lolita to be available for Shein prices, and the more experienced lolitas feeding them that crap.

>> No.10734019

>>10734015
What are you so confused about? Finances are a sensitive topic for most adults, because sharing that information with complete strangers is unwise. It invites unwanted criticism, jealousy, or speculation about your lifestyle. At worst, people can act maliciously or beg you to buy things from them. No one wants to advertise that they have hundreds or thousands of extra dollars in spending money. If you're sooooo curious to know what certain items cost, secondhand sites retain that sales information for free.

>New people get the wrong idea and then gasp when they find out $50 can't get them a full sweet AP coord in 2022.

This is only a problem for extreme poorfags, literal teenagers, or retards that can't use google. No normal adult who has any knowledge about the fashion industry or quality clothes would find $300 for a dress surprising. That's honestly on the cheaper side of fashion.

>> No.10734038
File: 252 KB, 1080x2012, Screenshot_20220221-205738_Chrome.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10734019
>That's honestly on the cheaper side of fashion.

I'll have you know my Rick Owens Crew Cut was definitely worth $655.

>> No.10734088

>>10731885
WIP threads are cool but people (including myself sometimes) don't like posting easily identifiable pieces. last thing I want is some pol schizo identifying me at a con and saying some dumb shit and bringing the horde down on me. That, or people dogpiling on someone. I think this is a common issue of other crafters on the board (that, and all the coomers).

I'd shill for a crafting discord, but the ones I've seen are usually just full of lurkers. there's really no solid solution.

>> No.10734111

>>10699797
Unforgivable

>> No.10734127

>>10733852
literally not even 5 days ago they were shitting on someone for over paying on the neon cupcake set kek

>>10734017
This. People like Jo and Lor have really sold newbies on this idea that anything can be be lolita, and that it's classist or offensive to point out that their shein halloween costume isn't lolita. God I hate how the culture has changed on SM. I miss the brand whores. They were cringe, but at least they actually wore lolita, and didn't try to pretend that anything qualified.

>> No.10734160

I hate e-whores so much. That's all

>> No.10734321

>>10699235
>At this point it's just another empty insult that's slowly losing its meaning
sjw is still as relevant as it was back then.

>> No.10734322

>>10713546
>If you think masks kill the emotion
masks ruin human connections, which mostly comes from all facial features.

>> No.10734329

>>10734322
>masks ruin human connections
Are you by chance 40-50 years of age, white and lower class American?

>> No.10734330

>>10734329
pls shut the fuck up you robotic ass zoomer faggot

>> No.10734339

>>10734330
we all know that gen z is all autists at this point.

>> No.10734344

>>10734160
Me too anon, me too.

>> No.10734413 [DELETED] 
File: 66 KB, 220x220, castrate-kill-all-men.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>go to /hc/ because never been
>First thread is anons posting pictures of their drunk sleeping wives/girlfriends
>Cumming on their hair and face, shoving things like bottles inside them
Just when I was starting to get over being a radfem they pull me right back in again. My fault for going to /hc/ in the first place but it's sobering reminder.

>> No.10734416

>>10734413
did you accidently the wrong board?

>> No.10734417

>>10734416
It wasn't an accident, I was just curious what kind of porn could be there that would be considered hardcore that wasn't just regular porn. Was expecting /d/ tier silly fetishes and just got crushing reality.

>> No.10734427

>>10734417
This has nothing to do with /cgl/ anon

>> No.10734750

The absolute state of this thread.

>> No.10734754

I would love to do a Yui or a Gawr Gura or even lolita but I just can’t pull it off. My body style is all wrong.

>>10699247
I hate the creep shots but love getting pictures taken with people. Like dude, just ask and don’t hover hand me.

>>10701403
We were all teens cosplaying once.

>>10705096
>OH LOL have to take of my kid brother and there's no one else in town and can't bring him along
Those people are lame. Kid brothers are fun, should have brought him. I’ve been ditched by “friends” before.

>>10706517
This is one thing that really bothers me. So commercialized.

>>10719806
As a white girl who’s dated a black guy, I also think the races were not necessary information.

>> No.10734841

>>10734754
>Kid brothers are fun, should have brought him.
Younger siblings, depending on the age difference are extremely fucking annoying to the older siblings 999999% of the time.

>> No.10734848

>>10734754
no1curr

>> No.10734850

>>10734754
>As a white girl who’s dated a black guy, I also think the races were not necessary information.
>as a white girl who's dated a black guy
nice one

>> No.10734887

>>10734160
If you watch porn then you love them, retard

>> No.10734888

>>10730809
Nigga ignores all the male cosplayers who have onlyfans and do porn cosplay for their gay and female fanbase.

>> No.10734891

>>10720432
Funny thing is coding was a woman thing then men invaded it

>> No.10734892

>>10734891
no it wasn't, you're confused about DOS systems being complicated as fuck. men still did most of it because they thought women were too stupid. don't make us look bad with misinformation.

>> No.10734893

>>10719692
>>10719806
>implying women are ever believed
black men harass women then use the race card and get away with it kek there was a viral video on tiktok showing a black male harassing a white teen then he called her racist for not wanting to be a harassed. A mentally stable male doesnt worry about this shit because it doesnt happen. If people believed women then they would put males to jail and that shit rarely happens. Women can have proof and theyre still called liars. Let me guess, youre not aware of white women being silenced when they say theyre raped by immigrant men in europe because apparently its racism? This scenario sounds fake as fuck and i dont feel bad for you at all. Black men love to be sexist and when they get called out then they use their race lol

>> No.10734894

>>10734892
“ Women in computing were among the first programmers in the early 20th century, and contributed substantially to the industry”
You can easily look it up. Coding was a womens field before men invaded it. Dont be autistic

>> No.10734896

>>10734892
The first people who coded were women. Women are the backbone of programming and science but males get credits and males stole their ideas from women especially woc.

>> No.10734897

>>10734894
>You can easily look it up.
Again, you're conflating two different things, but go off.

>> No.10734899

>>10734897
There are literally articles about this. Imagine being so obsessed with denying facts kek coding was a womans field then men invaded it.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.history.com/.amp/news/coding-used-to-be-a-womans-job-so-it-was-paid-less-and-undervalued

>> No.10734904

>>10734899
>history.com
also even if that were the case it doesn't have the implications everyone thinks.

>> No.10734907
File: 28 KB, 561x546, 1644535366884.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10734896

>> No.10734909
File: 2.69 MB, 576x324, Let me off Mr Bones.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Anime convention and fashion related meta-thread
>Devolves into racebait and gender wars
>Again

>> No.10734949
File: 34 KB, 640x484, 1645231665016.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10734909
GET ME OFF THIS RIDE PLEASE
I hate it here
it's so tempting to make a damn imageboard dedicated to EGL but we all know it would probably get raided and/or flop

>> No.10734966

>>10700485
My life summed up
Why do the only men I am into have to be cute which now says means they are extremely gender dysphoric

>> No.10735016

>>10734850
That’s the joke lol.

>> No.10735023

>>10719806
Men really think turning down women is some Greek tragedy

>> No.10735033

>>10734896
>Women are the backbone of programming and science
They really aren't. Most coding inventions that are anachronistcally attributed to women to give credit to the idea "men steal everything" are usually women who were involved in large teams of people that included both men and women. It has nothing to do with men stealing their work, it's moreso these women don't have any right to take sole credit for the work. Maybe if they led the teams but even then it's sort of dubious.

This idea that WE WUZ PROGRAMMARS is literally the same thing as Bantu descendents in America claiming the Egyptians Pharohs (especially Cleopatra for some reason) were black Africans. It's just post-modernist dribble built off of resentment for their own inferiority complex. Being unable to achieve things in your own life isn't an excuse to rewrite history.

>> No.10735035

>>10734894
>>10735033
Extending upon this

Here's a quick timeline
1804 - Jaqard's Loom invented, a semi-automated proto computer that used punchcards as programs
1820 - Charles Babbage creates the Difference Engine, the first automated mechanical comptuer
1837 - Charles Babbage creates the first true programmable computer called the Analytical Machine
1842 - Ada Lovelace creates the first true computer program for the Analytical Machine
1920 - Saw the first uses of electrical computers which required manual routing
1930 - Alonzo Church discovers lamba calculus which is the foundation for all modern programming languages
1942 - Konrad Zuse elaborates on what would have been the first high-level programming language
1949 - John Mauchly invents Short Code, the first true high-level programming language
1950 - Alick Glennie invents AutoCode the first true compiled language
1954 - An IBM team led by John Backus invents FORTRAN
1958 - John McCarthy invents LISP
1959 - Grace Hopper and her team invents the forerunner to COBAL
1959 - COBAL is made
1965-69 - Simula, the first OOP was invented by two male Norweigan scientists
1972 - Three male computer scientists invents Prolog, the first logic orientated programming language
1973 - C was invented by Ritchie and Thompson, both male comptuer scientists
1974 - SQL was released by two male computer scientists working at IBM
1976 - A team of 5 people, including one woman invent S, the precursor to R
1982- Bjarne Stroussup releases C++
1983 - Cleve Moler releases MATLAB which implemented his thesis work from the 60s
1987 - Larry Wall invents Perl
1988 - Stephen Wolfram released Wolfram
1990 - Guido Van Rossum invents Python
1991 - Alan Cooper in collaboration with Microsoft invents Visual Basic
1993 - Two male computer scientists invent R
1995 - Three male computer scientists invent Java
1995 - Yukihiro Matsumoto invents Ruby
1995 - Rasmus Lerdorf invents PHP
2000 - Anders Hejlsberd working at Microsoft invents C#

>> No.10735038

>>10735035
1996 - 2005 - Terry A Davis invents HolyC
2006 - A Microsoft team led by 3 men released PowerShell
2009 - A Google team led by 3 mean released Go
2010 - An Apple team led by Chris Lattner release Swift
2011 - A team led by Dmitry Jemerov released Kotlin

And so women are not the backbone of computer science. They have certainly been apart of it but most of the crucial turning points and moments have been completed by men. Whether you chalk this up to lack of opportunity or whatever is irrelevant, most innoventions in programming have been completed by men.

>> No.10735045

>>10735023
No shit, men are usually the ones getting rejected rather than doing the rejecting. Dick have very little value.

>> No.10735051

>>10734841
Fair, but I don’t have a kid brother, though, so I love other people’s kid brothers.

>> No.10735052 [DELETED] 
File: 723 KB, 2000x1496, IMG_20200719_233735.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Anons, the question is not on the topic - can someone give 1 buck? The salary will be on the 30th, but the money has run out. I'll stretch it out myself, but there's nothing to buy for a cat to eat. I pray, PLEASE HELP.

If you specify the card number for the refund, I will return it on the 30th.

4890 4947 5074 4005

>> No.10735053

>>10735052
How did you end up with no money not even to feed your cat?

>> No.10735055

>>10735053
>falling for spam this obvious
you must be 18 to use this board

>> No.10735061

>>10735055
Counter point.

The people who fall for scams are sheltered 20somethings, middle aged suburbans, and old people.

>> No.10735073

Lolita "collectors"
What's even the the point if you don't even wear the dresses lol

>> No.10735079

>>10735073
I'm actually thankful for collectors - how else are you going to get a 10+ year old item in perfect condition with the tags still attached?
Collectors > dumb girls not taking care of their clothes > fatty-chans ripping apart brand and sacrificing waist-ties

>> No.10735088

>>10735079
As a thin person I honestly don't like waist ties. Maybe because I wear a lot of cardigans or am too bony but I hate that the thicker ones never lie as neatly as I'd like. I like the shoestring waist ties like on some BTSSB print dresses if any but generally don't care for them.

>> No.10735100

>>10735088
ayrt and I'm also thin. I'm the complete opposite though. I love the thicker waist ties and I think having a giant bow that contrasts a smaller waist is optimal.

>> No.10735108

>>10735088
The thin waist ties are a blessing and I wish more brands would use them. I hate tying ribbons with the thick ties.

>> No.10735137

People trying to sell basic putumayo skirts and cutsews for $100+ on Mercari when you can get the same ones on the Japanese market for like $30 is hilarious

>> No.10735195

>>10734754
>As a white girl who’s dated a black guy, I also think the races were not necessary information.
If you really want to bait the /pol/ers, make it an asian woman/black man scenario since those scrotes feel entitled to asian women.

>> No.10735205

>>10734754
Yeah, it kind of is because black men are very obsessed with white women and non-black women in general because they are more "submissive".

>> No.10735216

>>10735205
this

>> No.10735256 [DELETED] 

>>10735195
Gee I wonder who could be behind this post. It's a mystery. (Pic 100% unrelated)

>> No.10735257
File: 261 KB, 424x474, 1640075978619.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10735195 #
Gee I wonder who could be behind this post. It's a mystery! (Pic 100% unrelated)

>> No.10735261
File: 8 KB, 194x259, FLSTuH5WQAIp2Ae.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10699121
People cancelling other people over dumb shit but being immune to being cancelled themselves for much worse shit.

It's only "accountability culture" if it's people certain other people don't like.

>> No.10735266

>>10735261
Yes, the lowliest scum of "human"ity do not play by their own rules. Best to remember that when dealing with them at all times and never trust a word they say.

>> No.10735313

>>10735261
p*rest_m*iden in a nutshell

>> No.10735400

>>10735195
I just made a joke, I wasn’t baiting anyone.

>>10735205
That also has nothing to do with a guy who turned down a drunk girl because he was afraid of a rape accusation.

>> No.10735489

Well my favorite SS has gone down the shitter after cancelling like 4 of my recent purchases for no reason, and then giving me random engrish responses when I ask why. I'm pretty sure their agent just bought it for themselves because the items were sitting for a while and then marked sold. Fuck hoyoyo. I'll be using something else

>> No.10736158

>>10709383
Guzma is a faggot

>> No.10736569

Why does it take so long for rule-breaking posts to get removed, if at all, from this board? I mean yeah there's low quality posts that get annoying and are the slimmest thread related to /cgl/ which should be deleted, but there's also posts which are very clear request threads that are allowed to stay on here for month

>> No.10736618

Well we're getting near the end but time for what I assume to be a perennial con problem: vendor hall is a nightmare to navigate with even two other people at the smallest venue. Absolutely ZERO fucks given when you ask them to stop so you can look at something. The second you pause, it's over. The cool stuff will almost definitely elude you, and even more guaranteed, you won't even buy anything because everyone's just circling and making quick glances. So a nice waste of time too.

>> No.10738183

>>10736569
We've had bait threads that have lasted 6 months...

>> No.10738667
File: 9 KB, 260x165, 178097459_900609303837468_7431281741831859935_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10736569
Mods confirmed scrotes.

I bet during janitor applications they probably aimed to make this place /soc2/

Relevant threads get saged/deleted. Softcore porn and NEETs seeking female attention stay.

>> No.10741469

>>10736618
Vendor halls of hot glue gunned shit and aliexpress that calls itself a small business is what I hate

>> No.10743482

>>10735045
Dick has high value. The problem is that women rather have high value men attached to said dick. Dick is always king.