[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 4 KB, 200x113, dokidokicos.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
10738374 No.10738374 [Reply] [Original]

All things dokidoki cosplay thread. How was your:
Costume Quality
Presale Shipping Times
Normal Shipping Times
Customer Service
Experience

>> No.10738594

>>10738374
I wish they were more descriptive on the lead times for SR stuff. Every listing is just "4-5 months not sure if will be sooner or later".

>> No.10739101

I was going to buy a genshin impact one from them for sakuracon but it seems like they're all on a 5-6 month process. I've heard a bunch of good stuff about them, supposedly "mass produced but higher quality than usual." If anyone has experience, I'd be interested in hearing them.

>> No.10739126

>>10738374
What's the point of reviewing DokiDoki when they're just a reseller? Wouldn't it be better to review the brands they're reselling?

I've heard it's Miaowu Xiaopu and 1/3 Delusions for the most of the costumes, both of which you can buy directly from the Taobao stores if you don't mind forced EMS shipping.

That said, what's the markup on the costumes if you bought them from DokiDoki?

>> No.10739127

>>10739126
> what's the markup on the costumes if you bought them from DokiDoki?
Not OP but the markup is around 20-50% more than the TB price. The only good thing about Dokidoki is that there’s the slightest bit of English speaking customer service instead of literally none like if you ordered from Taobao but customer service is only good for sizing questions and they just tell you to fuck off if you have a question about shipping times/when something will ship.

>> No.10739137

>>10738374
>bought a the expensive version of a genshin cosplay
>came like in a month's time
>didn't fit even if the chart measures where supposed to fit me (medium size)
>they almost didn't refund me
>a month an a half later and after returning the costume I get my refund
>Thanks to AliExpress service because they didn't want to give a complete refund

Not buying there ever again

>> No.10739139

>>10739137
Which one did you buy? I heard you were supposed to always order 1-up.

>> No.10739154

>>10739137
Same thing happened to me
>order Genshin cosplay
>costume is way bigger than the size chart
>waist measurement is the most off from the size chart at a whole 4" bigger (28" on the size chart, 32" irl)
>ask for a refund
>they try to tell me it was my fault for ordering the wrong size
>that argument didn't hold up because I asked them what size I should buy and bought the size customer service said would fit me
>get refund

>>10739139
NTA (obviously) but I bought a Jean cosplay. I saw a Tiktok of someone who bought their SR Mona cosplay and the measurements were also way bigger than the size chart.

>> No.10739157

>>10739154
Jesus, I'm assuming one anon is too small and now yours is too large. damn it, I might just have to risk the purchase unless I can find a better seller for zhongli

>> No.10739158

>>10739127
>customer service
That sucks to hear. I wouldn't mind helping other people translate ENG -> CHN for Taobao since I've found customer service from the original cosplay stores themselves to always be very prompt and helpful.

>> No.10739169

>>10739157
I bought the Zhongli dokidoki is selling (bought from Taobao but it’s the same cos). Get the size you normally wear in Asian sizing/buy 1 size up from your burger sizing. For example, if you wear a small in burger size, get a medium cos.

>>10739158
This would be so helpful for people who don’t speak Chinese! I’ve noticed I get WAY better customer service the second I switch to Chinese. It goes from “we can’t do anything” to “omg we’re so sorry!” in the matter of seconds.

>> No.10739175

>>10739169
I'm getting XL then damn it, I'm Asian but I'm somehow "bigger" than the regular asians so I often have to get the highest sizing available from chinaland. Thanks anon.

>> No.10739209

>>10739169
Yeah, it's like even if the service offers English, it's like only a stock list that they can speak from. The replies are so much faster in Chinese.

I once bought some stuff and got a message in half an hour from the Taobao seller than they noticed that the final destination is overseas (Taobao ships to a reshipping warehouse) and one of the item is prohibited. They offered to refund but only after the rest of the order is fully delivered overseas. I pointed out to them that it'd take 2-3 weeks and they said to simply contact them again at that point. I received my order a month later due to shipping delays and reached out, the Taobao store immediately walked me through the refund process and I got my money back (credit card) in like 2 hours.

>> No.10739213

>>10739157
As a 6 foot 190 lb male, the Zhongli SR XL and XXL pants barely fit me if that helps. The pants were pretty constricting at the thigh level and the gloves + shoes were also really tight fitting.

>> No.10739223

>>10739213
Oh man, I'm at 5'9 @ 180. I think I have to go XL then, thank you so much anon

>> No.10739250
File: 996 KB, 320x180, 1543863016559.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10738374
>Costume Quality
Shit
>Presale Shipping Times
Shit
>Normal Shipping Times
Ass
>Customer Service
Balls
>Experience
Fucked

>> No.10739738

>>10738374
I bought their Kazuha SR in XL and was shipped a M. All tags on the bags, and clothes said M. It still fit though. I'm clueless if they somehow labeled it wrong, or if I just got lucky and fit in a Medium regardless. Never bothered reaching out about it because I'd already waited 5 months and didn't feel like waiting any longer. Still... it makes me scared to order again.

>> No.10739748

>>10739738
>5 months
Jesus christ, it's not just you but sometimes I really wonder about the goodwill of the cosplay community and how some people are willing to wait that long for an order. If it's like an official, reputable brand/store it makes sense, but Taobao resellers are another rung...

>> No.10739752

>>10739748
Even reputable brands/stores take fucking forever to ship nowadays. I mentioned this in the Taobao thread but I waited on a costume from Uwowo for 3 months. It never shipped so I got it refunded instead. The kicker was that I contact Uwowo about getting it shipped and they told me I’d have to pay them an extra $4 if I wanted them to ship it. Fuck that shit.

>> No.10739775

>>10739748
I was willing to wait that long because I haven't seen any other cosplay stores selling Kazuha (or Genshin in general) cosplays at the same or higher quality. Everything looks pretty bad... They have an iron grip on us it feels like considering no one else is putting in very good effort. I don't mind it too much if it helps people stop cosplaying quickly to fit into trends, too.

>> No.10739797

>>10738374
Thought this was a doki doki literature club cosplay thread for a moment….

>> No.10739813

>>10739738
Doki sizing scares me from ordering too. Even if using the size charts accurately I hear too many complaints of then being too smaal, too big, like the sizes are completely random. I don't want to spend $400 ordering 3 different sizes just to be sure I'll get one that works

>> No.10739818

>>10739797
I saw a group of DDLC cosplayers at ANYC this year and I'm 99% sure they were all guys and it was fire

>> No.10739834

they cost more than most sellers but the quality is pretty good.

The "presale" takes fucking forever to arrive though which is retarded AF.

At least they're not overhyped trash like uwowo

>> No.10739888

my measurements were right on the edge of small for their chart and i've always been on the smaller side for sizing, so i'll try to update when my cosplay i ordered comes in (mediums were out of stock so i'm taking the chance after reading everything about their sizing being too small and too big)
>>10739834
uwowo definitely looks like trash and it's all i've been seeing, i don't get it

>> No.10741685

Only ordered the tokyo revengers cosplay from dokidoki since they were the only shop that offered the uniform without swastika sign, it took them 2 months to ship the cosplay.

Not too bad, but never again.

>> No.10741733

>>10741685
How did your sizing fit anon?

Their weight chart said 5ft9 163lbs should go XL however the measurements chart gave XL an insane 42 inch chest, 33 inch waist and 42 inch hip which is impossible for anyone that isnt like near 200lbs.

I got burned way too many times and chose XL but im seriously hoping the measurements was just a load of bullshit.

>> No.10741767

>>10739834
>>10741685
I fucking hate that all cosplay stores have switched to this presale model, even shops that are on Taobao. It takes for fucking ever with factory delays. I'd rather them go back to having stock on hand than releasing samples and telling us to suck it up for 2-5 months.

>>10739888
It's just because Uwowo's super photoshopped stock pictures are pretty and there are still a lot of people who can't discern between an unphotoshopped and photoshopped picture. A lot of Uwowo's stock pictures don't even have wrinkles on the fabric yet people think that's the real product they'll be receiving. Lol.

>> No.10741873

>>10741733
Still waiting for the delivery, I'll let you know as soon as it arrives,
I've also ordered the SR Fischl a while ago which I re-sold immediately because the fit was tight for size S.
Everything fit properly but the body is just really short, and I'm only 4'11.

>> No.10742032

>>10741873
Ah i see. Mine preordered last month and shipped. Est end of march.

I guess i mightve been right picking a bigger size if thats the case.

>> No.10744552
File: 1007 KB, 1080x2105, Screenshot_20220322-132502.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

If you want to buy in stock cosplays you have to
>install tb app
>register and put in your burgerland address and cc (Canada is fine too)
>search (Chinese name of show)cos
>find a listing that looks decent
>look at the add to cart buttons, if it says "spot goods" it's usually in stock. If it says shipping in 3 to 10 days it's in stock or they'll get it in stock soon. If it says pre sale obviously you're buying a pre-sale
>not sure? On the item listing click this icon preferably during Beijing 8am-8pm.
>Google translate "is this item in stock" and paste it in
>get reply
>buy
>wait for it to be received at the taobao warehouse
>pay for shipping to your house

Fuck dokidoki and remember to use a card without foreign transaction fees

>> No.10744971

>>10744552
Any chance to do this from europe? And tb shops ship to the US? So not just within china?

>> No.10745013

i have a genshin one and had to alter it a lot. it's literally shaped like a tube, so i had to get the size that fits my hips and take it in at the waist. i also had to cut the lining and remove the bust pads because they sit awkwardly and were sewn in so you couldn't adjust them. construction is alright, but the materials are kind of crap. the only positive is not needing to do all those designs and stuff by hand.

>> No.10745069

>>10744552
just remember what the words for in stock look like, itll also have it on the picture. the image that you screenshotted has that red tab that says its on preorder

>> No.10745124

>>10745069
well yeah it's just a sample of a random listing to show how to dm them, i have on screen translate for apps but it's easier for some people to open tb on desktop to use google translate. But you can't chat the sellers unless you can install aliwangwang
Another tip is to look at the reviews and if people have posted photos of the cosplay it is in production at least
>>10744971
the tb shops ship it to a consolidation warehouse, it's essentially the function of an agent like superbuy but you don't get any pictures, and they only hold the items for 20 days and then charge 1rmb per day per item so you should ship it soon. sadly no europe yet. but australia and other asian countries do work

>> No.10745204

>>10745069
Usually there's the option for 现货 for in-stock items。if it says 预售 or 预购 it's preorder.

The sellers have to disclose how long it takes for something. I always take a quick look to see when they think somethng will ship, like "guaranteed to ship before [X date 3 months in the future]" it means it's not in-stock.

>>10744971
Yeah Taobao has its own shipping consolidation warehouse based out of like Guangzhou. Downside is that they will overweigh your package and force EMS.

>> No.10745341

>>10745204
you can take photos of the package weight and dimensions and apply for a partial refund after you receive it through the refund function. they used to refund your card but nowadays they give you shipping credit so it's not as easy as before. I've had some packages come in at the exact weight.

>> No.10745375

I got two genshin cosplays one year a part from each other both said that it could take 4-5 months before shipping out one of them was send out a month after and the other two months, construction of the cosplays were amazing and the sizing was accurate to the listing. I have checked the originals taobao stores Also but actually to Europe the SS handling fees and shipping fees usually go even higher in total than dokidokis. Still wouldn’t order from them often since they are expensive.

>> No.10745973

>>10745375
Good to know. I have a con in late July but the cosplay I want id presale, so I was wondering just how fucked I am. Guess I'll take the risk and pray

>> No.10747448

>>10742032
Package arrived early.

The fucking measurements are hella incorrect, XL had like size 43 whatever but it fuckin fits me slighty tighter than a UK medium.

I sure as fuck have nowhere close to a size 43 chest. Im glad Im skeptical of these chinese "measurements".

All in all good quality though, I like the engraving and buttons on the toman uniform.

>> No.10748896

>>10741685
>>10747448
Mine arrived this week as well. But it's fucking huge I'm almost drowning in it.