[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 201 KB, 485x583, 1318322266806.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
6275599 No.6275599[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

Dish about your local comm.

>> No.6275647

They're all lovely and I like them a whole ton.

>> No.6275677

My local comm is non-existent. Instead, I hope some days I can make it to the nearest comm 2 hours away; I daydream that if I'm lucky, I'll have the time and money to travel to the big lively comm 4 hours away for a meet!

>> No.6275693

Does anyone know what the NYC comm is like?

>> No.6275720

>>6275599
They are nice but the most ones act like grannies...

>> No.6275725

>>6275720
Like grannies in what way?

>> No.6275736

>>6275725
The way they talk with each other and how they act towards newbies and guests from other countries.

>> No.6275822

>>6275693
Most of the girls in Brooklyn are really immature and can't dress themselves. This probably doesn't help much but I'd say avoid Brooklyn meets like the plague...unless there's more than 1 group in which case I don't know about the others.

>> No.6275991

My comm is amazing, we had a divide recently because of drama and it really was for the best, it also means we can have smaller meets and everyone is now above the legal drinking age.

>> No.6276492

san diego is amazing, except for one whore who sluts up her lolita for attention.

>> No.6276502

I'm so sick of all the stupid girls in my community who can't think for themselves.

They all suggest awful places for meets like lazer tag and tractor pulls. I hate this place.

>> No.6276504

>>6275822

As someone intent on moving to the city after college, how on earth do I figure out what meets to go to?

My current comm.... i haven't met yet. But from pictures they all are pretty terrible at Lolita. But I think I'm still gonna try to get to know them just because I need a reason to wear my pretty coords.

>> No.6276512

>>6276502
Why don't you suggest something?

>> No.6276517

>>6276502

Lazer tag sounds awesome

You sound like no fun

>> No.6276536

>>6276512

I hold meets regularly, so I am in a position to complain.

>> No.6276558

All super well-dressed ladies besides two or three. Almost all gothic though and I'm not haha

>> No.6276564

I need to hold an event pretty soon. I don't know if there are 2 groups that dislike each other in my local comm, or it just naturally formed into 2 groups that just are friends and uncomfortable with the other group. It's a bit awkward. No interesting drama has happened at all.

>> No.6276569

LAZER TAG FOR A MEET-UP? That's fucked for Lolita. You get so sweaty playing Lazer Tag.

>> No.6276579

>>6276502
Tractor pulls? Jesus fuck, where do you live?

>> No.6276604

Chicago's pretty ok. Some drama here and there but it's never a big deal at meetups. Nice, mature ladies with good taste and good coords. I feel almost shabby in comparison.

>> No.6276821

>>6276504
Well New York is a special place. I've only ever worn lolita to school or non lolita related events. People here just don't give a crap and there are weirder looking people on the train everyday begging for money so dressing all fancy like doesn't even merit a second glance. We also have Tokyo Rebel so if you really want to meet other lolitas you could stop by there every once in a while and possibly run into some. I don't know much about a lot of the comms since I only have ever seen two both of which are ita as hell.

>> No.6276876

Atlanta's comm is a great place. Most of us are pretty close and get along well. I've never had any problems with them.

>> No.6277077

>>6276492
I know I'll regret this, but who? picture?

>> No.6277080

why doesn't shit like this go on getoffegl? seriously do it

>> No.6277081

>>6277080
i think they might go full anon soon, if so ill come back

>> No.6277217
File: 214 KB, 960x720, 2012megameet_all.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

What happened with the Chicago group's FB page? Why did a bunch of people get shut out? Where is the line in the clique divide?

>> No.6277248
File: 96 KB, 500x500, halloweenevenposter-500x500.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

There's a Halloween "party" coming up soon in the LA comm.

$45 to sit at a table with, and eat crappy spaghetti and cake with the "designers". Do they really think they're on par with a BABY or AP tea party? Seriously?

I laughed my ass off at the idiots who actually paid for that. Sif the AH guys don't already overprice their mediocre shit.

>> No.6277268

>>6277077
Bet that person is talkin about christine. same girl is also getting friendly with and promoting dolldelight a lot.

>> No.6277271

Does anyone know what the Washington DC/Maryland comm is like?

>> No.6277291

>>6277248

That does seems sort of expensive, although I guess it depends on what they intend to serve food-and-cake wise. If they provide some mid-range food (either restaurant-catered or home made by someone who knows how to cook), and perhaps a nice cake made and decorated at a local bakery, $40 could be worth it. If it's macaroni, lipton and Safeway cake, though, no way. That would be a $8 value max, and $32 would likely not be worth any extra entertainment provided.

>> No.6277292

>>6277291

Also, to clarify, by restaurant catered I'd mean a cheap local eatery, which can be surprisingly good deals for events.

>> No.6277304

>>6277217
The mods kicked out everyone who was not from Chicago. There's no clique as far as I know...

>> No.6277307

>>6277081
Who cares though? Nobody has any right to complain about not having enough content if you don't want to do anything about it. Just make a sock and don't tell anyone. It's not hard. They don't track ips so really it's fully anonymous.

>> No.6277326

Thinking bout joinin the Savannah group but those lolitas I can never find them on LJ or FB. Where the eff are you?

>> No.6277348

Terrible. Got excluded because I was too quiet and shy. Ended up being called a psychopathic bitch...

>> No.6277351

>>6277326
Holy crap there are lolitas here?

>> No.6277364

>>6277292
Sadly, I don't think it's going to be any of those things. I feel like it's not even going to be a nice restaurant where that price tag would even be remotely acceptable.

>> No.6277543

>>6276821
You clearly aren't very active in NY because Tokyo Rebel as a brick and mortar doesn't exist anymore, and they probably won't exist much longer at all because they are not doing well financially.

People in NY don't give a crap. They don't give a crap about boundaries and will yell at you, call you names, and ask you where the party/sheep herd is.

Your last point is correct though.

>> No.6277550

>>6277291
Safeway doesn't even exist now?

>> No.6277552

>>6277543
how do you know this?

>> No.6277558
File: 672 KB, 720x540, wbt05v.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I will let someone else from my comm do the explaining. This valentine gave me a chronic outbreak of the warm fuzzies and reminded me that there are really a lot of great things about the Oxford lolis.

>> No.6277576

>>6277543
I'm aware they don't have a physical store at the moment. They said they are trying to find a new one. Sorry I don't keep tabs on the financial status of stores I don't work at. I nor anyone I know who is into lolita has ever been yelled at by someone who isn't a lolita about their clothes. Are people in New York rude? Yeah, they are rude to everyone. Grow a thick skin or GTFO because people will be rude to you lolita or not. I have only ever had people be very nice to me while wearing lolita. Granted, part of it is where in the city you go while wearing it. I went to an art school so artsy neighborhood=people tend to be more open minded. You are right though, I am not active in the comm because I actually like being a lone lolita. I went to college with some of the members and while they were sweet girls, I can't tolerate them more than a casual hello how are you.

>> No.6277627
File: 64 KB, 400x209, 24838845.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6277348
How does that even happen? You must have done something wrong.

>> No.6277628

>>6277268
That'd make sense. Personally I'm not thrilled with Christine's antics but she could be worse.

>> No.6277647

>>6275599
Left the ATL comm because everyone I've met is two faced. Don't appreciate being talked about behind my back; at least have the balls to say that I'm ugly. Lone lolita forever.

>> No.6277653

The closest comm is in Indy; but I don't feel like driving 3 hours to get laughed away, so yeah, fuck that shit.

>> No.6277807

Is it horribly awkward going to your first meetup in a comm? My fear is that I'll sit there too afraid to approach anyone.

>> No.6277839 [DELETED] 

>>6277348
>>6277627
Wow, I know what the first anon means. I arrived at the meetup and just because I didn't start acting fake/throwing compliments around no one talked to me. Not because I was mega shy... just because the girls gave me absolutely no opening to speak. They just kept talking and talking.
I think the rude-level went overdrive when the girls started asking me to take pictures of them but at no point did anyone ask to take a picture with me/ask to take a picture of me. Mind you I was dressed better than half of them and not all decked out like a clown in OTT Sweet.

>> No.6277850

used to be part of the Michigan comm before I moved out of state. It was very... awkward. A lot of meet-ups at people's dirty apartments, especially in the winter. I know it's cold as shit but there are plenty of places to go that are inside that aren't an apartment with yellowed walls and papers everywhere.

>> No.6277856

>>6277807
>awkwardly sit alone
Something similar happened to me during my first meet. I was sitting with a group of lolis who were talking about things completely unrelated to lolita so I just sat there awkwardly. They were friendly and nice but I felt really left out.

I didn't attend the next meet up, it was at a really expensive restaurant ;_; I wanted to go but didn't have the money for fine dining, but I was quite relieved someone remembered I existed and invited me lol

Am waiting to see if there will be another meet in the next few months...I hope to get to know other lolis and eventually find people whom I can talk about clothes to. T.T

>> No.6277873

>>6277839
you sound like a bitch, lol. i'm glad they treated you like that.

>> No.6277881

I don't have a local comm :(

>> No.6277887

>>6277873
You type like a child, shouldn't you be in school working on grammar and punctuation?

>also... lol, apparently people aren't allowed to feel bitter and annoyed after being treated like shit. That totes makes me a bitch

>> No.6277896

>>6277873

Yeah what the hell, it doesn't sound bitchy, it sounds like Anon tried to be a part of a comm who were total cuntfaces to her.

>> No.6277898

>>6277217
one of the mods of the Chicago group here. Hope I can clear this up.
Basically when we saw that we had members from Spain, UK, etc we decided we had to cut down to those living in Illinois and the surrounding states only. If you got cut and didn't think you should have been please pm us and tell us why. We can add you back then.
As for the overall comm, I love it, lots of nice, well dressed people , lots of fun meets to choose from!

>> No.6277899

>>6277839
Which comm was this?

>> No.6277902

>>6277887
Just because she's not using capitalization doesn't mean she types like a child. It's the internet, you imbecile, people do this shit all the time. A comment on /cgl/ is not a formalized essay you're submitting to your American Fiction and Literature class.

>> No.6277925

>>6277899
Details aren't necessary.
>>6277902
Samefag detected. Who ever said I wanted a paragraph to begin with? If you are going to type a sentence add some punctuation you lazy faggot. It makes you look like an idiot and causes remarks which question your intelligence which in turn makes YOU lash out due to butthurt and seek vengeance by using needlessly bombastic language.

>> No.6278014

>>6277839
They couldn't possibly have picked up on the fact that you were being a bitch and looking down on them....
It couldn't POSSIBLY have been you being the haughty bitch judging them for their OTT clown suits....
nah.

>> No.6278060

>>6277807
Usually the girls will be pretty nice and if they see someone who seems shy or quiet, they might engage them and ask them a question or something. That's really just common courtesy, but you can't really depend on that. My first meet-up was pretty awkward for me but the more you get to know the people there the less awkward they'll become.

Don't be scared of going. ALSO smile. I can't stress how important this is. People will open up to you more and even if you are quiet, other people won't think it's because you don't like them or are in a bad mood or something.

>> No.6278073

My group is a bunch horribly dressed and self-righteous fatties. They love replicas and hand-made, except none of them can sew for shit. They look like unwashed slobs. They act like /cgl/ is the worst thing ever, and have all spoken out against posting here, and yet they all do it. They're embarrassing as hell. There's only one other well-dressed girl, and she doesn't come to meets (probably because of how shit they are). If our comm wasn't so small, I would post a picture.

>> No.6278243

>>6277925
Look, you're criticizing someone for typing like a child, when you're post came off like a 7th grade "goth" mad at the preps for not treating you like the special snowflake you are.

Maybe they were bitches, maybe they were awful, but your most really and truly does make YOU sound like the immature child. Take a look at what you wrote, and try to look at it from another POV. Most of it is insults aimed at how the others looked and how they didn't read your mind about what you wanted. The closest thing I saw to a legitimate complaint related to them not giving you an opening to talk, but you know what? Sometimes you have to edge yourself in. Don't expect a group of "OTT clowns" (one of the parts you wrote that made you look like someone no one would really want to talk to/made you look like a bitch) who are already friends to know exactly what the new girl wants. Sometimes they'll be open to new people and do their best to make sure everyone feels welcome and sometimes they're close knit already, so you have to make more of an effort. For future reference, give specific, non-personal
examples of why you felt excluded, not "those bitches wanted me to take a picture of their uggo outfits and no one offered to take a picture of ME"

Seriously, I cannot tell you how much your post makes you sound like you were born post 1995.

>> No.6278252

>>6278243
And before you decide to completely ignore my post because of a typo:
*your post
and
*but your post

Ignoring the point of others and focusing solely on making yourself sound pretentious and "intellectual" are exactly the kind of shit I pulled when I was in high school. Stop it.

>> No.6278298

>>6278243
>>6278252
I didn't bother reading that nonsense. That was too long to be bothered with. I hope you enjoyed wasting your time.

Be mad somewhere else faggot

>> No.6278302

>>6277351
or you talking bout Savannah, Ga. Cuz thats what i was goin at.

>> No.6278308

>>6278298
Not her, but wow did you prove her point.
Everyone can taste that mad of yours.

>> No.6278322

>>6278308
I love that you went out of your way to point out you 'weren't her' when we both know you've been samefagging in this thread since the first post you made in response to me. But:
>lol kay

>> No.6278789

>>6278298
lol.

Way to prove her point.

>> No.6278843

>>6278298
God, you are a baby.

>> No.6278887

>>6277839

You sound like a twat. It's not "acting fake" to compliment people, it's common courtesy. Also, it's all very well for you to sit there and claim you were way better dressed than anybody there, but I wonder how many people would agree with you? You sound really up yourself, I'm not surprised nobody wanted to interact with you, especially if you sat there silently with your nose turned up.

Meet-ups are generally very busy, social events. To be heard, you have to make yourself visible. Talk, make an opening in the conversation for yourself. Ask to be photographed. Be FRIENDLY. You cannot expect others to do all the work for you.

But then again, maybe nobody wanted a picture with a girl who was going to call them "clowns". Or maybe your coord was just terrible and you're projecting your shame onto other people...

>> No.6278889

>>6277248
OH MY GOD, MTE!!!!!
When I saw this I almost started laughing. The girl who set this up also sold $35 """lucky packs""" that had shit goods like bodyline socks and eyeball bows worth $45. AWESOME.

>> No.6279067

>>6277348
You were probably antisocial.

>>6278887 is right. You forever alones blame your problems on everyone else but never look inward to see if YOU'RE the common thread in your awkward social life.

>> No.6279076

idk if I should join my local comm. I don't understand the point of hanging out with people just because we like the same clothes? from what I gather I have nothing in common with lolitas, and they can't seem to chill with the drama.

>> No.6279289

>>6279076

This is where I'm at with my comm, at this point. I only reaaaaally want to joing because I have no other reason to wear Lolita out. I'm a college Art student and I do a lot of running around and playing with messy shit so I'm not gonna wear my $300 dresses any old day.

>> No.6279313

>>6279076
It really, really depends on the people you have in your local comm.

I might be "privileged" in mine, because I have a pre-lolita friend that's in it, but even when she's not there, we end up doing some cool shit by the time the underagers (who usually have to get home by 5pm anyway) are gone.
I think it works out that way with most groups - the people that end up hanging around after the majority is gone are the ones who are more willing to talk and do things that are not necessarily just centered around what the group's about.

>> No.6279440

>>6279076
>>6279289
Give it a shot at least once. I ended up making some decent friends through mine.

>> No.6279692

>>6276492
Meh, even she isn't that bad. At least she got her panties out of a knot and is actually hanging out with people again.

>> No.6279700

I love my comm for the most part, the core group are really lovely ladies (even though one or two of them can't dress themselves) but there are always a couple of drama-mongers. We try to keep the drama at a minimum, but it doesn't always work. Oh well.

Meets are getting a bit more organized now that there is a group doing the big ones, but they still have a ways to go. I think they're trying a little too hard, but at least they're sincere about it, and will probably deliver at least a fun meet, even if it isn't impressive.

>> No.6279704

>>6279289
Go for it, you may find out that you have more in common with them than just clothes. Lolita is just a reason to get together, my community ends up talking about anime and shows during meets. I dunno if we actually ever "talk" about lolita.

>> No.6279709

>>6279704
A lot of people in my group are into board games/tabletop gaming. It makes for some fun conversations.

We're also very open about female sexuality and woman problems, haha. We have a few guys, but most of us are girls, so we get kind of nasty sometimes. It can be kind of nice to have a group of "girlfriends" to open up to.

>> No.6279730

My local comm is nice but if I have to make the choice of going to yet another motherfucking Japanese restaurant or be faced with bloomer boy, there will be blood.

>> No.6279746

>>6279730
Bloomer boy? Please elaborate.

>> No.6279756

>>6276502
Idk, the comm closest to me went to lazertag, and it was really fun. Don't wear your super special brand, but it's fully possible to do it in lolita. We had a blast, especially because none of us enjoy doing typical meetup things like shopping, tea parties or picnics.

>> No.6279762

>>6279746
He seriously creeps on girls and does things like put his face up anything with bunny ears. He also posted a lolita's house location on twitter "because he happened to see her coming out of there".

>> No.6279769
File: 178 KB, 799x533, tumblr_m94pfsHDDy1qzz2bvo5_1280.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I've come to loathe my local community. They're cheap as shit ($15 to go to a nice lunch is too expensive/a once or twice per year treat), flaky (10 people RSVPed? Expect 3 to show up, max) and refuse to contribute in any way. Even just bringing a dish for a pot luck - which they ask to do at every meetup, because they won't pay to do activities or eat out - is too much to ask.

These are all adults who are working at least part-time and all own plenty of brand. It's not like they're 14-year-olds trying to get by on their allowance or something.

Then when we DO finally meet up at a nice tea house for our yearly "splurge" of $15 tea and cake, they all want to leave right away and go to the mall that's nearby instead.

For almost 3 years a friend and I were the only ones to plan meetups for our community and we went above and beyond creating fun but cheap events, bringing food, games, and even contests with hand-made prizes for everyone. We never once got a thank-you, a compliment on a well-run event or an offer from a single person to compensate us or assist in the future. A year+ ago we both stopped hosting events because we were pouring too much time and money into them for nothing in return and not one meetup has been held in our local comm since, even though they're all happy enough to bitch about there not being any.

>> No.6279776
File: 54 KB, 600x600, bg-ap-the-end.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6277653
indy lolita; we just started doing meets and we're pretty cool so don't be scared. we'll accept damn near anyone as long as you've got the frills.

>> No.6279787

Local comm ain't too bad. It's sorta spread between Eugene and Portland though, which sucks because there's a two hour drive between them. There's like three or four really well-dressed goths that look like a million bucks every time they go to anything. The majority of the comm is sweet though, and about 3/4 of those girls have at least two facial piercings and that shit doesn't look good on anyone (except for one girl with cheek piercings and a nose ring that somehow makes them look goddamn adorable). There's also a few girls that make all their dresses/skirts, to varying degrees of success. Mostly failure. I'm lookin' at you, arm-warmers-and-a-pencil-skirt-with-lace-on-it girl.

We've also got the occasional weeboo in 'kodona' that's really just booty shirts and fishnets with brightly colored wigs and top hats and facepaint smeared all over their faces.

Oh, and since it's Oregon we have crazy activists asking us to do pictures of lolitas squatting and showing their bloomers for National Toilet Day. Also lots of requests to have meetups at burlesque shows and themed fetish bars.

>> No.6279798

>>6275693
There's one community run by simply and other dramacows and there's another that's publicly run by Amanikitty but is actually bunch of small cliques. They're nice, but they are quick to jump on you if you try to start drama.

>> No.6279858

>>6279704
Yeah, same in mine. We might have a brief discussion about an awesome new release we all really like, but we never spend more than 5 minutes at a time discussing lolita, and I'm sure most decent comms are the same. It never ceases to amuse me how so many people think all you do in a comm is sip tea and discuss burando.

>> No.6279865

Anyone know anything about the Sacramento comm? I hear the SF one is lovely and the yolo county ones are pretty horrible, but I've never heard elaboration on any of the three.

>> No.6279874

>>6279865
I'm not a part of it myself, but from what I've heard on here, they're mostly nice people, generally not as well-dressed as the SF lolis (but still decent, for the most part) and very well-organised with their meetups.

>> No.6279934
File: 172 KB, 462x380, 1344190827792.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Hey is milanoo an ok site to buy lolita from or is there other sites anyone recommends?

That feel when there is still a person left in the world to actually ask this.

>> No.6279940

I like my local comm. I don't see why there's so much drama about it.

>> No.6280052

I don't really know if this is a dish but overall my community is so well dressed I feel like even for "casual" meet-ups I have to step it up or feel extremely lackluster. I usually wear normal make-up for lolita (eye liner&shadow, mascara, lipgloss, maybe a little blush if I'm feeling fancy) but going to a meet with the comm? I do the works for make-up including falsies and a little bit of contouring. My hair even when done well doesn't seem to measure up and I'm seriously considering investing in some really nice wigs possibly from Cyprus or Prisila because of this...

>> No.6280072

>>6279692
really?

>>Constantly talks shit about Jess.

>> No.6280079

>>6277217

They just decided to kick the people who had never been to a meetup or weren't from the area. It was kind of getting ridiculous.

The Chicago lolis are, if not friends, very well-known acquaintances of each other. It was getting difficult to talk to each other or get anything done.

Are there cliques in the Chigothlolis? That's a different question. I'm going to say there are definitely clear-cut groups. Some of the girls are friends outside of lolita and hang out a lot, and older and newer lolis end up with the same people at meetups. People often stay close to the person who brings then into lolita, and then there are these little side communities that form--my friend and I brought in about five or six people to lolita and we often end up in our own little group, talking about shit and eating cupcakes like a boss. We're not excluding anybody, but we just happen to gravitate to each other. The community keeps an eye out for people who are standing alone and makes a real effort to bring them into the meet-up.

I know there has definitely been friction between a few girls, but they're, you know, decent human beings and decided to just not antagonize each other at meetups and be polite.

>> No.6280081

>>6280072
Good point. Sigh. The whole situation is just dumb, and she's being so immature about it. I feel bad for everyone involved.

>> No.6280088

>>6277248
Kyandi, you sound like an angry cunt.

>> No.6280110

>>6280081
I feel bad for Jess. She works her ass off and Christine's drama really gets to her.

>> No.6280119
File: 19 KB, 300x171, 1322402238538.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

there are two comms on my area, one full of itas that ask completely offtopic questions like "where can I take my mother to a spa?" or generally idiotic stuff such as "we are better that 'em hoes because we dress modestly and are innocent!!!!1!1!one!". Seriously, sometimes the comments are so retarded that you start wondering if they're actually serious (they are), and then there is the other one, mostly made of well dressed girls, all very nice and interesting. I'm in both for the drama, but oh boy don't I get angry with the first.

>> No.6280126

>>6280110
Yeah, and people are alienating Jess because of Christine's bullshit.

Waaaaah I'm pretty waaaah feel sorry for me.

>> No.6280139

My comm is full of bratty know-it-all teenagers who leave rude comments everywhere but can't coord for shit. Meet ups are full of screeching and flailing about dumb fangirl shit and rehashing /cgl/ drama. No thanks.

>> No.6280149

>>6280126
I've tried so hard not to let it get to me. I mean, she's nice to me, but it's hard to ignore the way she treats my friend(s). It gets depressing when I really think about it. Jess and her group work so hard to keep the community together and running smoothly, and she is repayed with gossip and drama-mongering by an attention whore. Meh.

>> No.6280156

>>6280149
I feel like Christine shouldn't be allowed around us anymore. Anyone who acts like that and blatantly disrespects the person who organizes the meets is just happily creating drama.

>> No.6280157

>>6280149
Who is this? Sauce, pics?

>> No.6280161

I haven't been to a single meet in SoCal, but most of the time I'm just busy or it's too far away for me to make reasonably.

The SoCal page is full of people asking about other states or people fucking advertising their shitty sales. There's a whole nother place for that, christ.

>> No.6280163

I liked my comm until some dumb bitch joined, wrapped everyone around her finger and convinced them I was a horrible person because we had a minor disagreement. They banned me and took her word over mine. I tried to get back with them and they simply shot me down so now I'm a lone loli. We only have one main comm in my area and I can't afford to travel outside the country for meets.

>> No.6280166
File: 307 KB, 1536x2048, 3292.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6280157
This bitch is so full of herself and she's pulling the SD comm apart.

>> No.6280171
File: 187 KB, 2048x1357, asdas.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6280157
Narcissistic and has no problem manipulating men into doing things for her by convincing them she's sexually interested. Has a massive vendetta against the girl who organizes 90% of our meets.

>> No.6280185

>>6280166

wait, wut? that pic's in front of the fairytale fashion boutique in los angeles

>> No.6280193

>>6280185
SD is not that far from LA... We go up to their meets a lot.

>> No.6280201

>>6280171

Why does she have a vendetta? What does she do?

>> No.6280202

>>6280166
>>6280171
what in the FUCK is she wearing?

>> No.6280203

>>6280171
>>Corset tied in front.

What.

>> No.6280239

>>6280171
Pretty sure she can do whatever she wants. If she flaunts it and men fall for it, they're the idiots. You sound mad that you can't do the same.

Otherwise I'm just appalled at her outfit choices.

>> No.6280280

>>6280239
Yeah, no. I don't want to be around that kind of lying whore. Pretty cut and dry.

>> No.6280327

Is the SoCal comm full of drama or something? Not trying to kick the hornets nest here, I'm just new and genuinely curious. I get enough of that in the cosplay scene and I don't have the energy for more nonsense...

>> No.6280332

>>6280166
>>6280171
Jesus Christ that is some ugly horse-faced bitch. I've never seen a horse-faced Asian before. And what is with those outfits? Is she color blind? Just blind?

>> No.6280334

>>6280203
I do that, but only when I wear my corset underneath my clothes, not outside. Am I weird cgl? >:

>> No.6280335

>>6280327
Not as a majority but there seems to be a couple of drama-mongerers who have vendetta's for god know's why.

>> No.6280341

>>6280334
Yes. Don't do that.

>> No.6280342

>>6280327
SoCal is usually amazing, just a few cunts.

>> No.6280343

>>6280332
hahaha yeah, it's cause she's flip. gross.

>> No.6280346

>>6280342
>>6280335
Just a few bad apples then, I think I can deal with that. Thanks for the input.

>> No.6280348

>>6280346
It's mostly Los Angeles. San Diego only has one or two, really.

>> No.6280384
File: 174 KB, 1600x1050, IMGP0001___50_F000_01600_300_---_K-r.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I need anon's advice...
The community where I live is pretty dead because no one is interested in hosting meets any more aside me and I got bored of all the unexcitement and stopped.

But recently we had some newbie lolitas join the community and they are all excited to meet, so I thought it would be a good idea to host one again in order to bring the old ones and the new ones together and maybe revive the community a bit. Our older lolis have also expressed interest in attending

The thing is though,the new ones are young and sort of ita. One of them is very opinionated and shops from the local equivalent of Hot Topic and another is one of these new lolitas who think that lolis must have pink wigs, OTT style and is investing in wigns instead of a complete loli outfit. I don't mind OTT sweet as a style but I am not sure if it is suitable for my hometown. The older girls and guys on the other hand used to dress only in classic and gothic styles and in a rather modest way in order to avoid unpleasant situations.

So on one hand I don't want to exclude newbies because hey, most of us started as itas and if we didn't have older lolis or EGL we would have remained as such, but on the other hand I am afraid of how they are going to dress and that we are going to attract unnecessary attention because of them.

Any advices on what to do?

>> No.6280393
File: 137 KB, 400x602, rseries1+mlp[1].jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6280384
GOD... DAMN IT. I WROTE A WHOLE THING AND ACCIDENTALLY DELETED IT.

Anyways, I said something that went like this:

A little patience goes a long way. If the opinionated one is into gothic, try nonchalantly posting an inspirational gothic lolita coord thread to catch her attention instead. Ask others to post some of their favorites too. If she posts ita, it'll be a good opportunity to explain why it isn't working.

For the OTT one, exercise her imagination by posting stuff like "OTT classic"! If she's that enthusiastic about OTT, then let her be. It can't hurt too bad, unless your city/whatever tends to beat up people for wearing unusual clothing.

Maybe share some KERA mag downloads too?

>> No.6280394

>>6280393
About the OTT thing, I think if it's done well it's usually a pleasure for most people to look at (no matter what style). Something messy will not read as clearly and will obviously get looks of disdain. Be very forward about helping her build coords. Suggest for her to post ideas on what she's building, and maybe you can guide her from there.

>> No.6280397

>>6279730
He needs to get the fuck out of our comm. I'm sick of people protecting him because he might be an aspie - if we are all so uncomfortable why can't we just turn around and say hey, you're not welcome here.

>> No.6280400

>>6280397

Are there any new Martin stories? I'm from Melbourne and love hearing them. Unfortunately, he never does anything noteworthy during his visits here.

>> No.6280403

>>6280393
Oh that suchs but thank you anyway.
Yes the opinionated one is mostly a gothic. I may try doing what you suggested with the KERA scans for inspiration, thanks!

>>6280394
The problem is that it wont be done well because she is a newbie, it will be hawkward the least to say.

Unfortunately I don't know them very well to suggest coords and they don't seem to care about suggestions much, thei think they already know how the fashion works.

>> No.6280406
File: 17 KB, 403x403, 486837_436639959707084_2054990907_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6280400
Mannnn, let me think.
I know he just got out of hospital for getting a sudden infection (pic related, hospital selfie), and has been posting rabbit porn all over Facebook recently. His obsession is getting worse. There are pictures of him holding rabbit droppings too in his albums.

I guess the most recent that I can think of is him turning up at a meet out of nowhere and just creeping around in the corners making everyone feel uncomfortable. A few of the girls announced they were hungry and left the main cafe we were at to go and get some ice cream/food (because they don't have much there) and he followed them on the sly. They only realised he was there after walking ages when from behind them he said he had already eaten and wasn't hungry - so why the fuck did he go in the first place?
I think he ended up leaving shortly after.

Other than that he just takes his camera everywhere with him. The girls never get to see the photos, but he takes a lot of unexpected sneaky photos as well as a selfie of him but with certain people in the background.
Recently he's been asking people to do photoshoots with him - but the only ones I can see him in are the creepy ones on his facebook with his cross dressing friend in a forest being a bit too sexual for my liking.

Oh! and he also recently travelled to a country town where lolita/egl isn't really accepted or popular and almost got beaten up or something along the lines of that.

He's a nice kid that means well, but has big problems.

>> No.6280411

>>6280163
Fuck... how does something like that even happen?

>> No.6280417

>>6280403
Hnng. Yeah, the best I can think of is posting really well-done coords to make them second-guess themselves. Worst comes to worst, if their arrogance gets in the way of learning it'll be a lesson of humility for them, not the rest of the group. You did what you can, and they can't say anything against that.

>> No.6280419

>>6280163
What was the minor disagreement? Something really general?

>> No.6280426

>>6280406

Jesusfuck, he just gets keep getting better and better. Any idea who let him into the comm yet? I recall hearing it was created to keep him, but a turncoat invited him in?

I'll have to dig through his Facebook for the forest photos.

>> No.6280429

>>6276502
WTF is a tractor pull? (australian here)

>> No.6280433

>>6280426
I have no idea, but we've got two separate comms.
1. Secret smaller comm for more active members but I think it's just there because people don't want to be rude/mean and kick people out. I'm pretty sure it was created just to keep bloomer boy away.
Meets are generally organised in this one because everyone is comfortable with who is in it (mainly older lolitas as opposed to newcomers).
2. Large comm with all of the members ~ where a lot of newbies are added as well as people who are interested in the fashion and out of state lolis who have visited etc. It's where most of our discussions happen and every now and then a meet is organised generally by newer members.

To me it feels like the larger comm is more like initiation into the smaller comm - but it shouldn't be that way because all of the people in our comm are actually really nice and laid back. The only drama we have is with this one dude, other than that everything is totally sweet.

>> No.6280437

>>6280433
My comm has been needing to do this since we recently got a few creepers. I was wondering, are annoying, loud itas allowed in the big comm, or do they have to grow-up a bit first?

>> No.6280453

>>6280437
Surprisingly we don't really have any annoying loud itas that are noteworthy.

There are a few girls that are new and don't dress all that well. They all start out the same with their Bodyline, as well as asking if things that they've bought are loli-able but they generally keep to themselves and "evolve", so to speak, on their own over time by just being involved in the comm and seeing the other girls I guess.

On the other hand recently we had to lay down a bit of posting rules because it was getting a bit out of hand with the constant repetitive posts about stuff non-lolita related, reviews and "look at what i got from bodyline" (kinda like EGL) as well as things that could of easily been wall posted because they only were directed at a few people.
But now that that's stopped it's pretty sweet and everyone gets along fine - it's a pretty awesome comm.

>> No.6280457

I'm scared to ask but is there an Ohio com? I live in Dayton.

>> No.6280464

I have a lot of trouble going to meets because my con likes to be supper last min with everything so I have not been to one in like a year even though I used to be active...
But when I go to host one, no one knows who I am anymore, and therefore don't go.
So I don't know what to do anymore.

>> No.6280522

>>6280457
http://oh-egl.livejournal.com/
I'm not really involved, but from what I've seen the lolitas are mostly ita to mediocre.

>> No.6280581

>>6280342
>>6280348
Yeah, SD is a bit better than LA but really both groups just suffer from a couple of dramawhores (eg Christine from SD, kyandi from LA).

Most of the rest of us just try to carry on and have a good time around them, but sometimes it bleeds and everyone gets involved. Thankfully that's pretty rare in SD.

>> No.6280608

>>6277271
Can't really say much for the dc specific group. There is a community there but typically dc and baltimore just merge together for meetups, try to find a happy medium place for everyone and carpool with eachother there.
We're all a pretty chill and well dressed bunch Imo. And we try to keep meetups interesting. This weekend we're going on a BYOG pirate cruise around the inner harbour (and I'm pretty sure tickets are still available) and for ILD we're planning a tour of Boordy vineyards and wineary.
We have a lot of fun. I would say don't hesitate if you'd like to get involved in the group. You can join the lj groups for maryland. We'll direct you to our facebook group where we're more active and do all of our planning.

>> No.6280670

>>6278298
> calling everyone a faggot

God, you sound like such a fucking loser. GTFO. No wonder everyone in your community hates you. The asshole practically radiates off everything you post.

>> No.6280860

>>6280384
I agree with >>6280393 newbie for the most part aren't bad people thy just don't really know how to co-ordinate unless they are dedicated about stalking the internet or someone shows them. My local comm was mostly itas when I moved there and I made it my personal mission to bring them up to scratch so that when they went out as a group they wouldn't be misrepresenting the fashion. They were pretty fun people overall and had good ideas for meets they were just poorly dressed. I showed up to meets in well coordinated second hand brand and posted all over about Taobao, comm_sales, and helped people out with auction sites like Y!J. Many newbies just don't know where to find good relatively cheap lolita clothing without resorting to ebay. (I got this as an honest question: "There are places on the internet to get lolita other than ebay and F+F?")

With me and a couple other well dressed lolitas joining most of the community is much better dressed and we all have fun looking fancy together! There are still one or two people who insist on being special snowflake itas but overall it's so much better.

>> No.6280874

>>6280327
If you dont mind me asking, but where in SoCal are you?
Im also In SoCal, but I dont think there are any comms around here to speak of. Though I was once linked to a girl near here who has some really great coords, but I would feel odd as hell to try to make friends with her out of nowhere.

>> No.6280879

>>6280581
whos kyandi from LA?

>> No.6280882

>>6280874
And when I say "around here", I mean closer to where I am. LA is about 40 mins from here... which isnt so bad I just wish I knew of something a little closer.

>> No.6280897

This girl really fucked up the local comm and apperantly hops communities I made a topic on her out of curiousity and it quickly got deleted. now I worry that she's one of the mods.

She went around saying how everyone that likes anime is a complete freak and how a man's purpose is only to support a woman and buy her shit all the time. she went on saying she's better than everyone because she's part Japanese and then said my best friend was lying about having autism out of fucking nowhere even though she never mentioned it to the comm just on her blog once. The shitstorm brought up by her turned me off from lolita completely but I'm still up to cosplay.

does anyone know "Saya" ? and what did she do to your comm?

in mine she scammed people and posed as my best friend calling everyone "ITAs" on get off egl (and complimented herself several times in the post)

>> No.6280922

I heard of a community in Statesbro, Ga. Anyone know of it?

>> No.6280932

>>6277627
As I said, I guess I was too quiet for them. They are those kind of people who always scream around like crazy, and laugh extremely loud, so I felt kind of uncomfortable.

Also, every single one of them is an extremely bad cosplayer. Really bad.

>> No.6280947

>>6280897
She was in my comm for awhile always stirring shit about replicas. She had a lot of dramu with the Midwest Lolita group, I think.

Awhile back, she didn't ship a bunch of packages and got called out on it in the Lolita Sales in English facebook group and her "husband" said she was dying. Not really sure if she's dead or not.
http://www.facebook.com/groups/248638205150052/permalink/544324245581445/?comment_id=544446705569199
&offset=0&total_comments=174

>> No.6280959

>>6280922
statesboro is tiny so i seriously doubt there are any decent lolitas or meets

>> No.6280966

>>6280947
>http://www.facebook.com/groups/248638205150052/permalink/544324245581445/?comment_id=54444670556
>&offset=0&total_comments=174

holy shit that's bad. and so juicy..

>> No.6280974

>>6280947

wow. She obviously doesn't even have a husband, but that facebook is just is another account of hers and she switches back and forth.

and everytime she poses as someone she compliments herself too. making "his" icon herself to give the apperance that he worships her is just Sad.

>> No.6280986

>>6280966

"She's dying. its a family emergency. Midsouth lolitas are too drama filled, thats why she left"

Saya WAS the drama. oh my God this is so much of a cry for attention. if she's "dying" then she'll have lolitas say "oh I'm sorry, oh saya you are so pretty, oh wow you are part japanese thats so cool! saya I worship you!"

if she wasn't a liar in the first place I'd believe it.

>> No.6281000

>>6280882
Not the same anon. Which part of LA are you from?

>> No.6281002

>>6280879
She may not actually be from LA, but I know she was causing trouble for a couple of people from there. I don't go to LA stuff much, so I can't confirm.

>> No.6281006

>>6281002
what did she do?

>> No.6281018

>>6280974
>>6280966
Jesus I can't believe I just read the whole thread. So shifty. I remember this girl actually, someone posted her here a while ago and I remember laughing at her fb info, such as the fact that she supposedly studied at Vantan Design Institute and was born at Kyoto and all that. It's clear we are dealing with a fantasist

>> No.6281026

>>6277304
Really? That's lame. I'm really out of the loop since I live a ways south from Chicago. I don't know if I feel bad for declining their meet up invites.

>> No.6281046

>>6281002
>>6281006
Angrily flaming Automatic Honey. Kyandi/Candy Melange's business practices are fucked up. She told off a customer, stating "You should've bought a more expensive item if you didn't want it to break in transit."

She constantly whines and bawws about art theft, and then turns around and does the exact same thing. She will rip off whatever she sees selling, her latest venture being Kuma Craft's Sailor Moon tribute line.

Kyandi is 30-something, lives at home with her mom and stirs up drama because she has absolutely nothing better to do.

>> No.6281054
File: 17 KB, 498x320, I dont understand.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6281046
She's 30!?

holy shit I thought she was 17

>> No.6281066

>>6280947

Ooh gurl that is one big old mess. So is she dead??

>> No.6281072
File: 399 KB, 1200x815, 1346087210012.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6281046
>Kyandi is 30 something

>>6281054
I thought she was at most maybe... 22?

>> No.6281076

>>6281046
how embarrassing.

>> No.6281074

>>6280959
i heard of a few, and i know of lolitas who trvel to other areas in Ga for meets. Someone from Statesbro told me to drop by anytime for a meet.

>> No.6281079

>>6281074
it's statesbOro ffs

>> No.6281077

>>6279865
All the more serious lolitas out there just go into SF generally for meetups, so Sacramento meetups tend to be sparse for the most part and real ones are rarely even planned. There is a swap meet coming up though that does look promising!

>> No.6281107

>>6280163
If you are who I think you are then you were kicked out for being a cunt to two different communities and creating drama on /cgl/.

>> No.6281108

>>6277647
>>6277647
Same. I didn't get ragged on for being ugly, but those girls are so fucking two-faced. I'm glad I moved.

>> No.6281146

>>6281054
>>6281072
Oh yes. I'm old and she's been embarrassing herself on the internet as long as I can remember.

>> No.6281305

I used to love my community. I really looked forward to meetups and seeing everyone and I always had a fantastic time. Then a special snowflake created a huge scene because she felt left out, picked on a couple girls (myself included), and soured the whole experience. She left the group, then came back a few days later and announced she was changing her style and sold all her lolita stuff. She definitely has a few screws loose. We also have an aspie guy in the group who can't understand the word no. He is clearly only there to creep on the girls. I had been a lone lolita for about a year and a half before joining the group and should have stayed that way. I have been slowly distancing myself from the group and at this point I don't plan on attending any more meetups. It's a shame that it's always one or two people that ruin things for everyone.

>> No.6281319

>>6281046
Kyandi is from Texas, not SoCal.

>> No.6281400

>>6281305

Hmmm... I'm really curious what comm this is...

>> No.6281429 [DELETED] 

>>6281305
>>6281305

Hmmm... I'm really curious what comm this is...

>> No.6281438

The Midwest Megameet sucked this year. The girl who organized it didn't do a great job. Prizes were given out before everyone was there and people had trouble finding the location because no one stayed behind in case there were lost people.

I also heard that someone texted the girl who organized it to complain, and the girl started saying things like that she was going to find out who it is and embarrass them, etc. Not looking forward to another half-assed meet next year. Can anyone else organize it without causing the girl to go psycho?

>> No.6281449

>>6281438

Oh god. Lauri? Don't even get me started about her. I swear that she looks for pity. She had cancer and of course everyone was really sympathetic. Girls gave her clothes (brand even!) and we're generally really nice to her. Well, now that she's been in remission, I don't think she likes NOT being the center of attention. She always brings up her lack of hair, medical issues, or other "Hey! I had cancer!" things. The tackiest thing is that now she's openly SELLING the clothes the girls gave to her. She never even wore some of it. Tacky. She would be such a nice girl if she learned some humility. Oh, and if she stopped talking shit about everyone too...

>> No.6281455

>>6281000
Im not from LA, Im from the Inland Empire haha

>> No.6281531

>>6281455
Don't feel weird getting out and meeting the IE people! I used to be in that area, and everyone is cool. They don't do many meets of their own, though, and just carpool out to LA events. They will probably do something for Christmas at the Inn, so maybe you could use that as your opportunity to meet a few?

>> No.6281546

>>6280156
She really is pretty toxic, but I don't know if anyone has the balls to actually tell her to go away. (Maybe one or two of the girls could do it, but I dunno.) A couple of people still seem to really like her and defend her, and would probably get offended if we told her to GTFO.

>> No.6281656

>>6281455
You should come for PMX.

>> No.6281735

>>6281531
Theres peeps out here?!
I only know of one or two out here but Ive only (non creeperishly) looked at them on Facebook

>> No.6281752

>>6281656
I want to! But I have to see if I can budget it in (taking ticket costs and saving for spending money) cause Im paying off some vidya preorders and saving up for my first ~*Buran-do*~ piece. So I can be a speshul kawaii loli doll and junk.

>> No.6281796

>>6281546
What is wrong with you guys? Attacking a girl with cancer?

Just kidding, she sounds horrible.

>> No.6281869

>>6281735
Yup! A couple that go to the universities in the area, and one or two that are just from around there.

>> No.6282103

>>6281400

Sorry anon but I don't want to give myself away. I know a couple girls from my comm post here.

>> No.6282147

not much drama in my community besides this one girl that has been wearing lolita for MAYBE about 3 years ( 2 years ago she didn't even own any loli) who left, and now is back claiming she's been wearing it for more than 7 years. idk if this girl thinks we're stupid or what. we're all too nice to confront her and say "sweetie we remember your first meet-up and how you didn't even wear lolita because you didn't know the fashion, and your first D_L post too." I'm not really sure what sh'es trying to achieve. we have members that have been wearing it for 8+ years (who have never heard of her before about three years ago) and they're not treated any differently than anyone else, I'm not sure wtf the point of lying about this is...

>> No.6282258

>>6280400
Low-lights from the last meet-up:

>Hitting people in the face with his stuffed rabbit
>Stalking girls who missed yum cha from the dessert cafe to the noodle place where they went to eat
>Bloomers. Always the bloomers. And unironed blouses.

I just treat him like he's a fucking toddler, now. When he hit me with that rabbit, I put it in the middle of the table where he couldn't reach it and kept playing our card game.

>> No.6282270

>>6282258
Adding to specify, the last meet-up he came to. There have been others since that no one invited him to.

>> No.6282398

>>6281752
Sorry this response is so late (or maybe this thread is just fast?), but I'm this anon here: >>6280327 And I'm in the IE area as well. There are a few people that got together and made an IE Lolita group on facebook. It's pretty slow right now, but it's still nice to know there are other ruffle butts in my area.
Also, good luck saving up for your first piece!

>> No.6282436

>>6280429
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tractor_pulling

>> No.6282442

>>6282258
You don't know where that rabbit's been, that's what creeps me out.

>> No.6282591

>>6282442
Pretty obvious where its been. In his pants. At least his pants, could be worse. Hope you girls didn't actually touch it.

>> No.6282629

>>6280156
Christine has honestly moved into just 'you're really sad' territory

She pulled a stunt at anime expo and bailed on Doll delight (I think doll delight) who had paid for her ticket.

>> No.6282642

>>6282629
Do you know what happened to her to make her not show up?

>> No.6282649

>>6280384
Host a "newbie meet" and get the older lolitas to host mini panels (about 5 minutes apiece) on the various styles of Lolita, basic makeup techniques, listing brand and offbrand stores, rules of lolita etc and make a day of it. If you can hire a room or use someone's house, ask everyone to bring a plate of snack foods and finish up by watching Kamikaze Girls or something :)

Both sides will get a lot out of it and you'll start those girls off on the right track :D

>> No.6282652

>>6282642
let me put an ALLEGEDLY on this, because gossip.

The basic story is she went out the night before, got amazingly drunk, was too hungover to make the fashion show at noon the next day, and didnt show back up for hours until the people she drove up to LA with tracked her down.

>> No.6282671

>>6282629
Which is pretty crazy, considering she seems to LOVE DollDelight. What a perfect pair!

>> No.6282678

>>6282652
Holy lack of responsibility, Batman!

>> No.6282681
File: 103 KB, 640x480, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6282258
He hit you in the face with a stuffed rabbit?! Eh hell, myself and someone else only showed up to the meet after all this, and were glad you guys lost him in the end.

Honestly, I'm just waiting for the right moment to kick him out of the main comm. Part of me wants him to stay, because it's funny as fuck, but he keeps doing horrible things and I can't take it gaiz D:

Any more news regarding his ass infection? I'm too scared to check his Facebook, even if that god-awful selfie was hilarious. His attention seeking was too pathetic.

Pic related: "Is it a dog?"

>> No.6282682

>>6281449
Wow...Ok, I don't know her all that well since I don't live in Chicago, however, I am aware of her constant talk about cancer, I've just never known that her reputation was that bad.

On another note, the meet up wasn't a terrible disaster, at least in my opinion (I had fun); I just wish that we just planned on meeting up at the park we picnicked at, rather than moving there from the Bean. You do have a point about the prizes given out so soon. It would have been nicer to split up the prizes even further so many people got something. I'm glad that Jordana made all of the goodie bags though - she did a wonderful job.

>> No.6282688

>>6282681
All this said, our community is awesome, despite all its drama :D

>> No.6282694

>>6282591
Did you read, he was slapping peoples' FACES with it.

>> No.6282695

>>6277271

More info on this please. I live in the Baltimore area and always consider getting into lolita, but I don't know anyone around here.

>> No.6282703

>>6282695

I'm in Baltimore ALL OF THE TIME. Let's throw caution to the wind and hang out, fellow loli.

>> No.6282702

>>6282591
1. He doesn't wear pants. He wears bloomers and we don't know if he wears undies under that.
2. He was slapping people in their faces with it.

>> No.6282707

>>6282652
Honestly, I doubt Doll Delight personally paid for her ticket. Christine is friends with her sponsor and he probably paid for it and didn't care that she wasn't there. Doll delight is broke and mooching pennies off her fans in return for... well nothing basically. Her campaign is just sad. (If that's even still going on)

Furthermore, I hang out with Christine fairly often and she never mentions Jess. Jess on the other hand, will not freaking stop talking about Christine. It's really annoying. She like, can't let it go.

>> No.6282709

Are there even any good lolis in the ie? Or just itas?

>> No.6282710

>>6280608

What's the link for the FB group? I don't have a livejournal.

>> No.6282721

>>6282707
Probably because Christine is super awkward and in denial that anything is wrong, and then if they go to the same meets they do this weird dance of avoidance around each other while everyone else rolls their eyes.

>> No.6282726

>>6282694
How do you even let that happen?
Jesus christ, if I was there, I would have shoved that thing down his throat and then set my hands on fire to kill the germs.

Do I have to do everything for you guys?

>> No.6282727

>>6282709
There's at least one girl who has an amazing wardrobe, and every time I've met others they've been decently well-dressed. But it's been about a year since I was involved in that group, so it's possible there have been some ita newcomers I'm not familiar with.

>> No.6282730

>>6281449
Calling bullshit on prizes being given out "too early." A lot of numbers were called for people that had already left. As for not knowing where to go, I would have sworn phone numbers were posted for people to call for help/info/directions.

>>6281449
Jealous fatty detected. I've never seen Lauri say a single nasty thing to or about anyone. And being in remission hasn't stopped her from getting plenty of negative attention, so saying she isn't getting ENOUGH is a silly claim.

Also, she is... what, 4'11"? I'd be shocked if she fits in the stuff people gave to her. But I suppose she should be passing it on instead of making money off a gift. Unless she's hurting for money due to paying for bills for cancer AND Parkinson's.

>> No.6282728

>>6282652

I can confirm this. She got shitfaced the night before somewhere, and then bailed. You're right. But I THINK it was Galaxxy, not DollDelight. She's modeled for them since then, but not for Galaxxy. iirc there was a post on her blog that said she'd be modeling for Galaxxy at AX. I don't know, I wasn't there.

>> No.6282744

>>6282721
The whole situation is so old that I can't understand why people don't just let it go. Jess especially. If people are unfriending and avoiding her, it's probably because she won't stop talking shit about Christine and bringing up old drama for whatever freak reason and it just gets really old really fast. They both need to grow up.

>> No.6282745

>>6282707
Yeah, it's called wanting to solve an issue instead being awkward about it and just letting it fester.

>> No.6282746

>>6282744

I'm gonna step in and say that the situation isn't as old as people think. She owes at least 3 members money right now and hasn't paid up for anything. Her shit isn't old.

>> No.6282755

>>6282744
Ignoring a problem doesn't make it go away.

>> No.6282753

>>6282745
You don't solve an issue by talking shit to mutual friends, you solve it by talking to the person you have a problem with, which both of them refuse to do.

>> No.6282754

Dish on Houston comm? I'm moving there soon . . . All I remember is the Anime Matsuri bullshit.

>> No.6282760

>>6282726
Well I didn't let that happen but I wasn't there, so. Nobody wants to be called out as the Insensitive Autism-intolerant Bitch Who Just Was A Big Meanie.

>> No.6282767

>>6282746
money for what?

>> No.6282770

>>6282753
You are clearly misinformed. Most of what Jess says to me is how pissed off she is that Christine won't respond to any messages about solving the problem but will lie to other people's faces and say she's tried.

>> No.6282777

>>6282767
Apparently she was supposed to pay for the hotel she was supposed to stay in during AX. And when she sold a bunch of things on EGL/sales as "powederpuffroom" it wasn't all her stuff, but people from the group. She hasn't given them all their money yet.

>> No.6282780

>>6282760

I fucking hate when people use autism or aspergers as an excuse.
The majority of us don't act like that, for the record. Just the shitty ones who've figured out it can be used as an "I can do whatever I like" card.

>> No.6282781

>>6282746
She owes me money. (not sure if I'm part of the three or not, and let's not find out.)

I'm not worried about that bit though. All I know is I've hung with quite a few SD lolitas a bunch... Jess is nice but Christine cares only about Christine.

I'm not gonna play "pick sides" or unfriend or avoid anyone because of it though. That would just make what concerns two people into a bigger deal.

(I still really like this comm!)

>> No.6282803

>>6282649
Thanks for the suggestion, though I am pretty sure the newbies would feel insulted if I tried showing them panels, because they think they know all already. I tried telling something to one of them once and they said they didn't need any advice because they've been a lolita since the dark ages/since they were born etc.

And unfortunately the older lolis won't be hassled with something like this.

I might brign along some things on my own though, and if an opportunity arises I will show them a couple of things politely.

>> No.6282816

>>6282770
This exactly. The only reason it still gets brought up is because the awkward is still there, and Christine is being unreasonable and immature about it.

I feel like it's something that isn't really a problem at the moment, but could blow sky-high very quickly depending on the situation.

>>6282781
I think the whole community has done a great job of not picking sides and letting it become a real problem, but that isn't to say that it is a non-issue.

>> No.6282821

>>6282780
He carries a dual card: English-as-Second-Language as well as the Assburgers. That one chick who's friends with him insists he's not creepy in his native language but that's gotta be bullshit yo.

>> No.6282834

>>6282821
Nononononono.

She is not friends with him, just is very polite and tolerant. In private, she is very much creeped out by him and wishes he'd die in a fire. But she's way too nice to say it.

>> No.6282836

Eh, there's lots of itas here in Phoenix.

>> No.6282879

>>6282754

There are a lot of overeager teens who act like overeager teens, big surprise. The mods and older people are cool. There are a lot of meet ups and people dress well.

The girl who started the AM drama isn't involved in the community any longer.

>> No.6282901

>>6282703

I wouldn't call me a fellow loli yet! I would definitely love to meet some girls who could teach me a thing or two. Or really anyone who likes lolita around here.

>> No.6282908

>>6277647
>>6281108

I just recently got into the ATL community but I'm hesitant to go to more meet ups or if I should go but keep a look out... Any suggestions?

>> No.6282909

>>6280157
>>6280149
>>6280126
>>6280110
>>6276492
Wait a second!
Are we talking about Christine Ta or Christina Verana?

>> No.6282910

>>6282909
I thought it was Christine Millena or what ever her last name is.

>> No.6282911

>>6282909
Neither!

>> No.6282912
File: 199 KB, 350x490, 1338850479371.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6277248
...then simply don't fucking go, bitch.

>> No.6282919

>>6282911
>>6282910
Geez I'm confused...

>> No.6282924

>>6282909
Am I the only one weirded out seeing someone's full name here? That just gives me the heebie-jeebies.

And it's not either of those two.

>> No.6282926

Someone posted a couple pictures of said Christine earlier. Just go back a little.

>> No.6282935

SO MANY CHRISTINES IN THE WORLD.

>> No.6282938

>>6282935
SO LITTLE TIME

>> No.6282943

>>6280166

ugh this gross bitch. she used to have so many whiteknights whenever her pictures were posted on here, saying her coords were unique and fun. WTF?? BITCH IS UGLY AND HAS DISGUSTING TASTE

>> No.6282948

Yeah I dont think its right to post full names. Wwhoever did that needs to think before they post. Esp since they posted my name and I have nothing to do w this petty bitchfest.

>> No.6282952

>>6282938
FOR WHAT!?

>tfw you're in a classroom and there's always a Chris, Christopher, Christine, Christina, Kristine, Kristy, etc...

>> No.6282960

>>6282943
lol u mean one whiteknight who WAS her friend????

>> No.6282965

>>6282952
Uggggggh. Too many name similarities...

>> No.6282972

>>6282960

oh was it just one person? idk I remember one of her red/pink coords and the melty mermaid one........... it seemed like more than one person humping her leg

>> No.6282975

>>6282681
rabbit porn

>> No.6282976

>>6282910
Yeah, her.

>> No.6282992

>>6282975

Eh. It's a guinea pig.

>> No.6283062

>>6282992
Doesn't matter, the point is that this shit is fucking creepy as hell and I wouldn't want anybody like this around me. Honestly, you can have all the weird kinks and fetishes in the world, but I don't want to hear about them. We have a girl in our local comm who won't stop talking about the weird shit her boyfriend does with her feet. If that's what makes him happy, fine, but shut the fuck up about it.

>> No.6283073

christ you guys don't know how to drama at all. wtf happened to cgl? all of this is useless if you don't drop names and post pictures, this is not for PMing your friends.

who the fuck is this guy? whats his user name? post a picture or some shit christ.

>> No.6283081

>>6283062
My point is he has a rabbit fetish; we all know about it, and he thinks a guinea pig is a fucking dog. What a retard.

>>6283073
Hi there. Someone has already posted a picture, his name is Martin and I wouldn't have a clue what his username is, because LJ is a goddamn yawn.
He's old news. Aside from the fact he keeps on keeping on.

Really.

>> No.6283103

Just disovered there are like, ten lolis in my tiny home county. They all seem really nice, and there's been a bit of Facebook chatting...and then I moved away to go to uni. I haven't yet discovered a comm here; I was thinking of going to the japan society, but I'm worried about the presence of weaboo horror stories/I think it's more for the actual Japanese students we have.

Still, going to meet them when I go back home in December!

>> No.6283231

>>6282730

lol ok. Obviously just a jealous fatty chan, and you're obviously one of Lauri's 3 friends. Sorry, but Lauri is an attention whore. Her stories are so contrived and she makes herself the victim in all of them. Even YOU brought up cancer and Parkinsons! Everyone has problems, Lauri exploits hers for sympathy. It's awkward to be around someone who doesn't understand that their medical ailments aren't polite conversation at a large meetup.

>> No.6283259
File: 73 KB, 466x720, 306375_238384299532652_3596205_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6283073

>> No.6283278

>>6283231
This is ridiculous. Lauri doesn't have any "bad rep" - there's just like 3 people on here trying to make it seem like she does, or making her have one. In my experience everyone either likes her, doesn't know her, or doesn't care (because they don't know her well). There are so many girls in Chicago that you can't know/love everyone, but I can't imagine anyone actually hating her.. Well, I take that back, because some Chicago girls can find an excuse to hate ANYONE (some of y'all are just NUTS), but you know, rational people notsomuch.

As for the MegaMeet, the prizes thing was insane. We waited at the bean a long time past meeting time (I was late myself and I still found people to get me to the right place), and prizes didn't even START to happen until about an hour after we got to the final location. About 4-5 hours after the meetup started, Lauri gets a text complaining that all the gifts are gone and why didn't she wait?? Why the HELL would you think you can show up THAT LATE and not miss out on things? The meetup time was very clearly posted, if you come late to the party you're going to miss out. DUH. Come on time and quit bitching. Or come late, and still quit bitching, because when over 50 people are meeting, we can't be stuffed to make sure we wait on your sorry ass.

Was the megameet run perfectly? No, it's impossible to run something like that perfectly. It never has been. No event ever has been. But it was really fucking kickass and run really well, I think. Lauri did a great job and we all had a lot of fun...or at least I did! But I'm sure people could find some nasty shit to say about every individual that day, because the kind of people who can find nasty shit to say, can always find nasty shit to say.

>> No.6283299

>>6283278

And in comes friend #2. #3 should be showing up any time now...

>> No.6283319

>>6283231

Wait, is this the girl who runs Gwen in Stardust? My friend linked the page once for my opinion, and they looked so bad. The wigs were ratty and presented pretty poorly.

>> No.6283340

>>6282908
I've never seen ANY of the girls, and I know like 75% of the ones who go to meets, say or do anything remotely negative to a newcomer. We all try and be really welcoming. This is why when you see stupid rumors on /cgl/ about us nobody can ever list particulars about how somebody ran them off at their first meet. I'm very shy with new members (I'm working on it, being shy sucks) but there are a few girls who always go way out of their way to be super friendly to new people. I think it's usually the people who sit around staring at the wall and don't answer when 4-5 girls try and start a conversation that come on here and post about how we scared them off. If you aren't going to a meet-up to be social and talk to new people then just stay home.

Also I think somebody has organized an apple picking meet this month. How could you hate a community that goes fucking apple picking! That shit is adorable!

>> No.6283344

As what types of events should I look for as a meetup?

>> No.6283381

>>6282258
any pictures of this creeper at meets?

>> No.6283387

>>6283319
Same person from the comment above. I wanted to specify that I'm not a lolita. My friend sent it to me because I was planning on doing a MLP cosplay and was looking for a wig.

>> No.6283390

You said the wigs are ratty and bad looking? then tell me why are these wigs so popular? I think I'd rather have these wigs then machine made ones that anybody can get. I would rather have handmade ones that I can call one of a kind. I think for not being a big name company I think shes done well in presenting her wigs.

I think its bad that other lolita's have the nerve to bash another for silly little things. I was so nervous the first time I went to a meet, and the few lolitas that have been bashed on here are actually the first people that talked to me and made me feel welcome.

I herd that the reason for lolita is to make girls feel pretty and cute, bashing lolitas about things like "that's not lolita" or "these wigs are ugly" makes lolitas feel bad about themselves and upset about what they do. And really you basher's should feel ashamed about yourselves, bashing others to make you feel better about yourselves. How sad.

>> No.6283407

>>6283390

>lolita is about feeling pretty and cute
>lolita is not about hating on other lolitas

Hi, you must be new here.

>> No.6283418

>>6283344
For your first meet-up? Something casual and small, like tea or a restaurant. Easier to talk to people than a fucking laser tag meet or something.

>> No.6283427

>>6283390

not really

>> No.6283428
File: 98 KB, 412x506, wig.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6283231
I like that now I'm considered one of Lauri's exactly THREE friends and I'm not even from Chicago. I brought it up because you brought it up.

That said, the only time I've heard her talk about it at a meet was one when she was using a cane and someone asked about her cane. Then again, I can't make it to a lot of the Chicago meets.

>>6283319
She presents her wigs poorly with unprofessional pictures but the quality is impressive for someone doing all the wefting by hand. I have no objections to mine (which I won and thus got for free so you can't argue I fell for her pity party).

Sage for pig disgusting self-post.

>> No.6283441

>>6283390

Wow, you really must be new here. The wigs aren't popular and the Facebook page has under 200 likes. She sells them to her friends. When you have a business, you need to be prepared to hear negative feedback. I would rather have a machine made wig that looked professional, than a wig that someone took the time to make, but didn't take the time to nicely photograph or display.

Whoever told you that was the reason for lolita was wrong. Lolita is a fashion, and if you're not fashionable you get the CGL Fashion Police. It's no different than a star getting reamed on E! because of their poor fashion decisions. Lolitas who don't care about their wigs or style should not be dressing in such a high-maintenance fashion. Stop being lazy, and people will stop calling you lazy.

Why would anyone feel ashamed for protecting/pointing out the standards of an expensive fashion? Lolita isn't a place for the broken little girls of the world to congregate and hold hands.

And honestly, you are protecting the person who is the most-likely to stab you in the back. She is very nice on the surface, but I can tell you haven't been talking to very many lolitas outside of your immediate circle.

>> No.6283451

>>6282754
Houston loli here. We have no dramu. The AM bullshit was started by a vendetta-chan who is not a part of the community. The person who ran the panel isn't involved in lolita anymore.

>> No.6283454
File: 213 KB, 675x900, celestia.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6283441
Saying "they look ratty" is guesswork, not negative feedback on a product that was purchased.

>> No.6283457

>>6283428

Good to know that your go-to insult is about being a "jealous fatty". This plus-sized Chicago Lolita will be avoiding you like the plague...though I can't imagine that you'd want to be around any fatties.

>> No.6283458
File: 28 KB, 400x279, 1276665181344.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6283390
>lolis r spose 2 b lovlies
Ooooh gurl, someone get the bingo cards!

>> No.6283462

>>6283454

Congrats! You found one of the only professional pictures on her page.

http://www.facebook.com/Gweninstardustcreations

Must be hard to brush your wigs and put them on non-wrinkled fabric! That doesn't show a lack of pride in your work at all.

>> No.6283464

guy here

need a clean cut butler for meets?

or does that not mesh with the cgl culture?

>> No.6283467

>>6283462
oh lord. i'm not from chicago but looking at it as a customer would the wigs don't look very nice. has anyone offered to help her take nicer photos?

>> No.6283468

>>6283428
This wig is hideous for lolita, as is this one>>6283454
Come on lolis, regardless of whether you go for natural or unnatural colors or styles, please aim for *some* quality. These shiny plastic monsters only cheapen your outfit, even the worst unstyled natural hair would be better....

>> No.6283477
File: 141 KB, 960x640, 528008_373099519394462_187030063_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6283381
>>6282258
Did somebody request pictures?

>> No.6283478
File: 96 KB, 720x480, 261819_220785644625851_209763_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6283477

>> No.6283481
File: 80 KB, 960x720, 381431_268695863168162_1218152075_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6283478
>>6280406
Example of said creeper shots.

>> No.6283485
File: 63 KB, 960x720, 644728_429695163734897_10373106_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6283481
He has obsessions with certain comm members and always targets them.

>> No.6283488
File: 337 KB, 2048x1536, wig2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6283457
Oh geez get your bloomers out of a wad. I'm no spring chicken and I'm ita as fuck. I don't care what you look like as long as you aren't a vendetta-chan.

>>6283468
Well I wouldn't want to see anyone wearing a rainbow MLP wig with lolita either but I think the bob looks cuter in real life instead of in a shitty point-and-shoot photo taken at night in bad lighting but maybe it's ugly and I have shit taste. Don't know, don't care. Just wanted to show some alternate pictures of her wigs.

I haven't seen any curly bobs outside of GLW (which no one likes anymore) and Lockshop (don't feel like paying the exchange rate).

>> No.6283493

>>6283488
That and I wasn't sure I even wanted a wig. I got one and decided to wear it and see what it was like.

>> No.6283499

>>6283493
Well, now you know the one you got is ugly and that you have shit taste. I hope this experience has been educational.

>> No.6283500

>>6283488
Look, this wig is absolutely terrible. It doesn't look cute. If you can't see that it looks like a cheap halloween party wig I din't know what else to tell you. I don't mean to sound cruel, just giving you an honest opinion. Also if you're gonna wear a wig of dubious quality that has no skintop and instead has that fake top part, you NEED to wear hair accessories to hide that.

>> No.6283509
File: 126 KB, 561x370, the_more_you_know2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6283500
lol k

>>6283499
I don't know shit about wigs so I'll accept that. And yeah, I was in a hurry and realized way too late I really needed a headband or a plain black headbow or something more than just a bow and a rose.

>> No.6283521 [DELETED] 

>>6283488
I have two of her wigs and you don't have to wear accessories to hide anything, cause there isn't anything you have to hide.

If you don't have one don't talk like you do cause its not fair to the buyer to get bad information or for the seller to get negativity on a product you don't have.

I have a bob wig and a fluttershy wig... and they are both fine.

>> No.6283528

>>6283493
>>6283488
I have two of her wigs and you don't have to wear accessories to hide anything, cause there isn't anything you have to hide.

If you don't have one don't talk like you do cause its not fair to the buyer to get bad information or for the seller to get negativity on a product you don't have.

I have a bob wig and a fluttershy wig... and they are both fine.

>> No.6283534

>>6283528
Post pix

>> No.6283543

>>6283340
Everyone is very nice to your face, but so many girls talk shit behind your back. I'm so glad I moved away from Atlanta.

>> No.6283547

>>6283528
I....is this a troll? If so, 9/10 good sir.
If not, first, you sound like a 12-year old and second, you seem to know nothing about wigs.
Why shouldn't I talk and how is it not fair? I can see the wig, I can criticise it if it looks like shit. Granted, lots of wigs worn with lolita don't have a skintop, but the only reason that this is usually ok and we put up with it is that we wear hair accessories that cover that fake-looking top. If you're gonna wear a wig with that sort of fake-looking top where all the hair starts from the point in the center you NEED accessories. It looks like a party wig otherwise, how dumb can you be not to get this?

>> No.6283555

>>6283547
I don't think it's lack of intelligence so much as ignorance.

>> No.6283585

>>6283528
No I am not a troll
I have been mistaken for a 12-year-old (height and voice)but I am 28.
I never said you can't talk hey free speech all you want. But when people get false information from someone that doesn't own the particular product then its obviously not advice that should be given.

I'll admit I haven't been a lolita long, and I've only worn one other wig other then Gwens. But I do have two of hers and I like the ones I got from her, I would rather wear hers then the other one that I've wore.

Additionally as being a fairly new lolita I do not own many accessories, and I have complemented and asked where I got my wig.

>>6283528
I know how people are with pics posted here, I'm sorry but I am not posting them, I'm sure that if you've looked at all Gwens photos you'd have prolly seen one with me in it.

>> No.6283588

>>6283585
>am 28 and have been mistaken for a 12 year old
PT is that you?
No girl that age ever looks 12, even azns

>> No.6283589

is there a greater toronto area comm?

>> No.6283592

>>6283585
>false information
No, it is not false information. It is an opinion based on what I see. I don't need to own a dress by Milanoo to know that it's crap.

>being a fairly new lolita
>I've only worn one other wig other then Gwens
That explains it. You are a newbie, and you have no experience with wigs. There is no shame in that at all, we all start somewhere, but that means that you are no expert on wigs and you can't judge - as is obvious- what is a good quality wig and what isn't.

>> No.6283594

>>6283585

whats a PT?
I get 15 now, but it use to be 12 sill asked if my parents are home when solicitors come to the door or call.

>> No.6283600

>>6283594
>I look so young I get mistaken for an embryo

>> No.6283605
File: 88 KB, 500x375, stopposting2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6283594
I mean this in the kindest way possible. You're just digging yourself into a deeper hole.

>> No.6283609

>>6283585
I never said I was an expert silly I was just stating MY opinion as you were stating yours.

I figured since I own one I'd give my side, you gave negative so I gave positive. No harm done.

>> No.6283613

>>6283467
I did offer to help with taking better pics but no one ever got back to me so idk.
Also it is so professional to mention /cgl/ hate on your business page :/

>> No.6283674

>>6283585
>I have been mistaken for a 12-year-old (height and voice)but I am 28.
Is English your first language? Anon meant that the way you type is reminiscent of a clueless young teen trying to defend someone they like. Nobody mentioned your appearance at all. How could they? This is an anonymous imageboard.

>> No.6283681

>>6280166
>>6280171
This girl seriously reminds me of DollDelight...

>> No.6283687

>>6283589
There are 2.

>> No.6283689
File: 429 KB, 200x177, 1342622780518.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6283319
Hmm. I dunno. They aren't presented in the best manner, but they're not as bad as they look in pictures. Unfortunately, I don't have any photos to prove it, but I was at the meet up and examined a wig she gave away as a prize. It was quite soft yet the fibers were thick. It's weird seeing it look shiny like in >>6283428 , but then again, I was seeing it under sunlight. It seems like she's seen the conversations about her and her business. I'd be a little angry too, but the best thing I'd do if I were in her place is to work on improving her business and public image. Little things like improving photographic quality and showing consistency (like any brand would), reaching out to a larger target market (rather than just selling them to friends who are likely to give out biased feedback), making personal fb page more private (seriously, that shit can ruin your rep), etc. She could really benefit on focusing on those things instead of talking too much about her personal life (as we've already discussed here), and I imagine that it would keep her small business running longer if she's serious about it.

>> No.6283727

>>6283689
Like I said, tgerrible point-and-shoot digicam at 11 at night. I'm glad I'm not the only one saying they're not as bad as I have unfortunately made them look.

I think that's sound advice.

>> No.6283753
File: 1.31 MB, 2592x3664, mintbrownwig.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Long time no post cgl.

Yes this is not a wig review post, but I feel like adding something useful to all this ridiculous and incessant drama my community is fueling.

All wigs have a tendency to have a shine under flash, which explains the shininess in >>6283428
Now I've owned far too many wigs since getting into this fashion. Cyperous, Galbanara, MintyMix, Lockshop, GLW, Fantasy Sheep, Lucaille, Alpaca (taobao).
Cyperous is by far the best, and you pay for it.
Galbanara- there have been a few people who've said it and I agree with them- they are great for 1-2 wears and start getting ratty and fall apart. I've only ever gotten Prima-H, so this was hugely disappointing.
MintyMix- my absolute favorite. They keep their shape for a while after a few wears, they respond well to maintenance and can decently return to their original shape. Can throw these babies around and not worry about them getting tangled too much. I suspect it has to do with the fiber coating, as they (the fibers) have this softness, subtle shine to them.
Lockshop- been a while, bought a hime wig when they first started out. Decent quality, got a little ratty after 2 wears. Perhaps they have improved, been wanting to find out but shipping is too awful right now.
GLW- their wigs were decent once upon a time, have a few classical wigs that I love, but if anything is ratty right out of the bag, it's GLW wigs and it only gets worse with wear. They start losing fibers now very quickly.
Fantasy Sheep- hit or miss, small sizes, wig held up but the fibers looked fake despite natural color.
Lucaille- nice for quick, cheap, large head sized wigs but start losing fibers after a few wears.
Alpaca- very thin wig, thin fibers, got tangled VERY quickly.

continued in next post

pic for wig

>> No.6283758
File: 881 KB, 4320x3240, DSC02355.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6283753

I also own a Gwen wig (pic). Split wig, detachable ponytails. Had a few of these from GLW and MintyMix and have to say this one is FAR better than any of the GLW ones I've had. It's not tangling with every little head turn, the base is full, the tails are long and rather luscious. The wig though is as soft as MintyMix wigs and feels more natural to the touch then MintyMix. I still like MintyMix due to less fly-aways, but unruly hair is just a common fact with ANY sort of hair so I accept it as coming with the territory. Gwen's don't have a coating to the fibers so they are thinner by a smidge than Mintymix, however the amount of wefts she adds maintains fullness for when you wear them.
The price she sells these for is low and affordable for being handmade, so I do recommend her wigs when on a tight budget. I've bought another handmade wig before from another girl (cannot remember the name, sorry) and it was more expensive and fell apart in the first wear! This wig is holding up pretty well thus far!
"Oh but tight budget= taobao right?" Wrong. As seen above, Fantasy Sheep, Lucaille, Alpaca, all from Taobao, have their set of problems that you have to risk. With shipping, the wigs come out to the same as Gwen's pricing. You can also go directly to her and say I want a wig in a particular style with whatever highlights with whatever color peeking out from under the primary color, etc etc etc.

So at this time, I'd buy from Cyperous, MintyMix, Gwen, and would like to give Lockshop another try.

The clips. She even matched the plastic clip to the color

>> No.6283767
File: 463 KB, 3240x4320, DSC02356.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6283758
tails by themselves

>> No.6283779
File: 660 KB, 3240x4320, DSC02358.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6283767
Wig right off the head w/o brushing

>> No.6283781
File: 475 KB, 3240x4320, DSC02359.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6283779
wig front

>> No.6283786
File: 956 KB, 3240x4320, DSC02360.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6283781
wig inside.

and to respond to the OP thread topic, my comm became divided as all comms do, and is trying to pick the pieces back up. Good intentions, bad tactics, but I couldn't really do it any better. Just disappointed at how some of the shit gossip has been tearing girls apart. The comm isn't what it used to be anymore, and there's too many hypocritical people to make me feel comfortable anymore.

>> No.6283805

>>6283585
dania?

>> No.6283822

>>6283390
Lolita: (noun) (Pronounced Low-ee-tah) A fashion when young attention whores who have the most ugliest personalities feel the need to hide with expensive clothing and hope they are loved.
(Source: Cgl's cunt dictionary)

>> No.6283826

>>6283786
oops bad grammar. Repetition.
At any rate, I hope this whole episode makes the girls from the comm stop throwing shit at each other, for at least a while. It really is getting tiring.

>> No.6283827

>>6283428
>http://www.facebook.com/Gweninstardustcreations

Wow. That is the cheapest looking wig ever.

>> No.6283834

>>6283822

Why all the misogyny? Really?

>> No.6283837

>>6279769
Wow, what a crappy comm. Just let them figure out their own crap for themselves.

>> No.6283841

>>6282976
Didn't she bring a 40 oz to her first meet? In the park or something? and then proceed to share with minors?

>> No.6283876

>>6283827
Flash people, it's going to look bad under flash.
Nothing ever looks good under flash...

>> No.6283907
File: 177 KB, 500x284, happymaria.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6283758
>>6283786
Thank you for doing what I couldn't. In fact, I think it would go a long way if you would actually consider posting something like this on the FB page maybe?

Unfortunately, this shit is never going to stop until the 1-3 vendetta-chans that consistently and regularly hate on Elrronyar, Chunlichan, Ellejay, and now Lauri just go away.

>>6283827
See the actual review above.

>> No.6283920

>>6283543
Examples? Anything? No. You don't have shit. Go take your vendetta elsewhere.

>> No.6283940

>>6283907
I let her know she can use it on her page if she desires.

>> No.6283989

>>6280406

Facebook link? I want to see these creepy forest pics.

>> No.6284094

>>6283834
Misogyny? No, mostly this is a fashion for girls. Of course, everyone's a critique.

>> No.6284314

All the nice well dressed people in my area get scared off by the rude itas. Shit sux. I've tried to host private meets but they never really work off.

>> No.6284390

>>6282591
>>6282681
>>6282694
Not slapping, throwing. If he wasn't getting attention from someone, he'd throw the rabbit at them. That's why I put it where he couldn't reach it after he threw it at me.

>> No.6284397

>>6282726
He wasn't slapping people. He was throwing it. As I've said in a few posts, I took the fucking thing away from him and ignored him after he did it to me. I don't know how many other girls he did it to.

I generally treat him like a toddler because he acts like one. He does stupid things for attention and doesn't understand if you tell him "no", so I just pretend he's not even there and don't bother telling him off. I tried when I first joined the comm (which probably tells people who I am now) and realised how futile it is. I still don't understand why he hasn't been fucking banned.

>> No.6284405

>>6283073
Martinyu on LJ.
http://egl.livejournal.com/?poster=martinyu

>> No.6284580

I was one of the people that gave Lauri a few Lolita items. Just to clear things up, they were a GIFT, given freely and openly and with no strings attached. I felt good doing that for her and i think she felt good receiving the gift ... if she wants to sell the stuff she cannot fit into or that isn't her style so she can buy something that is that is FINE. If i don't have an issue with it, why would any of you? Lauri never asked for pity or handouts or anything like that so she really shouldn't be punished for something she didn't even ask for.

>> No.6285194

>>6284397
Well fuck, if you're going to treat him like a toddler, go all out. Smack his ass with a flaming plank of wood or something. Good grief.

And if you really want him banned, tell someone. Really give a good reason, because I secretly enjoy all this shit, since he might be slightly afraid of me, so doesn't pull too much shit.
Rubbing his face all over Chere's skirt was crossing the line though.

>> No.6285347

>>6277351
Yep, there scattered about though, so its a bit hard to find them.

>> No.6287463

Bump.