[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 65 KB, 286x400, 1311648498287.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
6298186 No.6298186 [Reply] [Original]

Hey seagulls

I've got a question that I've been thinking about for a while and I'd figure I'd ask in case any of you have any ideas.

I'm fairly frequently in Lolita as I work from home and rarely need to go into an office, but it's getting into summer here and quite hot so I've been slowly working in some otome (Bloomer shorts, chiffon shirts etc).

My question is: I'm addicted to electro/techno/DnB and I'm attending gigs but I just can't dance or sweat in Lolita and Otome is a bit out of place. Does anyone have any suggestions for clothing ideas? Ideally I'd like to keep the style similar as I feel uncomfortable in the "Normal" clubbing outfits.

I am mostly classic but I do gothic occasionally if that helps!

>> No.6298211

What about punk lolita? Much lighter on layers than classic/gothic, and it might suit the crowd better.

>> No.6298223

AP salopettes!

>> No.6298230

>>6298211
Possible! I haven't attempted it nor have I seen it look good without looking like a shitty mall goth :|

>> No.6298233
File: 1.29 MB, 768x1024, tumblr_m12d4yuuAb1qb7iqgo1_1280.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Fairy kei?

>> No.6298239

>>6298223
They're really not my style. I prefer dropwaisted IW dresses because I'm a pear shape and they're flattering but salopettes would just make me look like a little kid.

>> No.6298244

WHERE DO YOU LIVE, BE MY FRIEND. Lolitas into the EDM scene seem to get looked down upon so I try not to talk about it much with my comm.

I wear cute cutsews/tanktops, mini skirt with bloomers, and little bows/accessories to raves and stuff. I love being all pastelly like those fairy kei girls but that's because I'm a mostly sweet girl - maybe try making 'shorter' versions of your classic/gothic items? I like making kandi to match my outfits as well

I also don't understand girls who try to wear lolita to clubs; it gets way too hot indoors!

>> No.6298270

>>6298244
I live in Australia, Brisbane.

I wish I could wear my lolita but obviously the toned down browns and cream colours just look odd. I've done pastel goth a few times with the eyeball bows and such but it just doesn't work...

I did get shuffling down in my rocking horse shoes though :P

>> No.6298285

>>6298270
Oh noo halfway across the world! I'm so sad haha

I think pastel goth would work so well though! Was it just because it didn't suit your usual style? I can't really think of a way to go petti-free while staying in your comfort zone :( Sorry anon!

>> No.6298296

>>6298285
Yeah I just felt odd. Don't get me wrong I do wear shorts occasionally but being a pear shape I'm pretty wary of dat ass.

I am just so lost when it comes to anything other than Lolita really. It's also different here at EDM gigs. We don't do "Raves" or "Kandi", so even fairy kei would look a bit odd.

>> No.6298385

Not a lolita, but I'm friends with a BUNCH and I saw what was either burando or a good replica at Electric Daisy Carnival.

That shit takes BALLS.

>> No.6302317
File: 153 KB, 528x734, ebmclubwear.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I have kind of the same problem when I go out to club events. I've found a good compromise between lolita and dancewear is some kind of floaty gauze tutu skirt over a pair of shorts/bloomers. If I feel like going fancymode, I put lace-patterned tights underneath them and wear a blouse and headdress; if not, I wear dance-all-night boots and a cami with lacy accessories. picture related.

>> No.6303502

>>6298385
What print was it?