[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 166 KB, 305x512, Mokou.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
6534605 No.6534605 [Reply] [Original]

Wannabe brohou here, I want to do my first cosplay ever. I want to do a Fujiwara no Mokou because I obviously like her, and because I plan on losing ton of weight(should be around ~50, I already went from 280 to 220 recently, going strong) so I don't want to make a dress or anything that could be even fitting because I'll most likely buy the plain shirt 1 month before the even. I'm 22, 5'11 and will be around 180

It's quite simple but how do I get such a long wig? Where should I shop? Any tip? I'm going to read the sticky after typing that, but there must be things omitted in there that people can tell me.

Any Mokou cosplayer in here? How did you stick the patches to the pants? Should I use makeup at all?

Sorry for absolute newfag, this is a cosplay for Anime North so I have plenty of time.

>> No.6534631

>Obese
>Never cosplayed before
>Wants to be a woman

Train wreck mode enabled.

>> No.6534989

>>6534631
Your criterias for obese are wrong, I do not want to be a women BUT I do want to cosplay and have never did before. Please do not shitpost again, 2/10 made me bump my thread.

>> No.6534995

Go be fat somewhere else.

>> No.6535004

If you make the patches out of felt or cloth based material, i would recommend sewing it on. If you are super pressed for time, i do know that UHU glue holds it to cloth assuming the material you are using is not synthetic, but personally i strongly discourage you from glue of any sort.

If you are doing Mokou for kicks and not trying to pass seriously, then makeup is optional i guess, but at least have your basic foundation and all that to cover up blemishes etc. If you need help there are alot of makeup threads that might start on /cgl/ so look out for those. For the wig just search the Kanji for Mokou's name on taobao or something, then get a 3rd party vendor to bring it in. If you want to be accurate to Zun's art, you're gonna have to deal with a very long wig, which is abit much for a first time cosplayer to be honest. Buy a wide toothed comb and sillicone lubricant (comes in aerosol cans) to get tangles out of the wig and help with tangle prevention i guess.

>> No.6535007

>>6534989
>Your criterias for obese are wrong

Aw, you're new. I'll spell this out for you; /cgl/ is full of anorexic ladies. To them, anything over 120lbs is obese. They will not take you seriously at your weight, sorry.

>> No.6535017
File: 346 KB, 493x740, mokousortofpinktop.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6535007
>tfw when 170 and 6'4"
;_;

>>6534605
Most people don't get the the off white top right and forget to make the poofy bottoms for the pants. I guess you would do this by elastic at the calves and and letting excess fabric poof out.

Sage for my personal shit posting.

>> No.6535030

>>6535004
I don't really want to be "accurate" to zun art. Mokou is usually depicted with unrealistical long hair or around the ass kind of long. I would go for the latter.

>> No.6535045

Gross.
I bet you're a virgin too, aren't you? Male virgin loser.

>> No.6535061

>>6535030
That's a good call. Ankle-length hair would be an absolute nightmare as a wig. Butt-length is bad enough but it's mostly manageable.

>>6535004
I dunno if I'd recommend sewing them on, I think that'd look a bit silly. I mean, they're supposed to be paper stickers, so you may as well glue them on. Easier and more accurate.

>> No.6535076

>>6535030

Sounds good, easier to manage. Just look for silver white wigs that are about 1M? and with bangs, unless you want to trim them yourself.

白色假发 100cm < Keywords to copy and paste into Taobao search bar.

If you're going to get from an online vendor, check their credibility under the account name. It normally appears as a bunch of hearts or diamonds or crowns. Anything that has diamonds or crowns is usually pretty safe imo

>> No.6535075

>>6535045
Why is it of any of your business? Want to have sex with me?

>>6535061
I guess so. Where can I check for this kind of pants online? I'm a Canadian and I live in a remote as fuck area, so I would have to buy my stuff online.

>> No.6535079

>>6535061

Would be hell if you wanted to wash it. Paper is normally a terrible idea to glue onto your costume, unless you make it removable somehow, like with velcro. I know it's a paper talisman for accuracy's sake? But paper doesn't flow and follow fabric very well in my experience.

>> No.6535091

>>6535079
Oh, I didn't mean make it out of paper for accuracy, I mean glue it rather than sew it for accuracy. You can make it out of whatever, but if you sew it the thread would probably end up being visible which might be a bit off.

>> No.6535095

How do you make ribbons like those?

>> No.6535096

>>6535091

Blend in red thread with the red parts? It really isn't that obvious. But yeah, OP's call I guess. Just be forewarned about solvent based glues and synthetic fabrics!

>> No.6535100

>>6535095
http://www.violetlebeaux.com/2010/08/tutorial-making-simple-ribbon-bows-_/

This, but omit the second part. Use a white ribbon, the paint on the extra talisman shindig with fabric paint or something

>> No.6535103

I highly recommend doing all of the talismans out of fabric. You can easily paint the design on with a template. They'll be much more durable if they're fabric and you won't have to remove them for washing. This cosplay will require sewing so you may want some help with that. I recommend a extending pattern for gauchos and bringing the bottom hem in with elastic. The pants may have to be lined and stuffed

>> No.6535202
File: 1.32 MB, 240x180, RippedSpinzaku.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>mfw it doesn't look as easy as I thought it would be

Maybe I should do a fat hairy misty ;_;

>> No.6536209

>>6535202

Cosplaying is srs bsns lol

On a more serious note, you wont know until you try... And touhou is a safe option because people expect guys to cos it already, so there's a great deal more tolerance. (At least that's the case here)

>> No.6536247

If it seems really difficult, you can buy the costume online. Maybe that is the way to go?