[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 86 KB, 550x413, ACEN.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
6779174 No.6779174 [Reply] [Original]

A-Acen thread anons?

It's coming up in less than a month now!

>Past acen stories
>Who are you going as?
>Any panels you are excited to attend?
>Any seagull meetups planned?

>> No.6780397
File: 273 KB, 902x732, IMG0084.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Why do they keep this thing going? It blows! They want to help clean up the con, but do nothing to stop it. What the fuck?

>> No.6780727

I'll be there as Sailor Pluto. I don't really have any cool stories or any plans, but I am excited nonetheless.

>> No.6781013

American Voice Talent: Brad Swaile
American Comic and Educational Guests
Japanese Band: Kalafina
Japanese Fashion: Enchantlic Enchantilly (Chantilly)
American Voice Talent: Sonny Strait
American Educational Performer: Samurai Dan and Jillian
Japanese Fashion: Atelier Pierrot
Designer Eichi and Director Yuko Ashizawa
American Industry: Sarah Alys Lindholm
International Educational Guest: Helen McCarthy
Japanese Musical Artist: Yukino
Japanese Fashion: MINT NeKO
Japanese Fashion: Gashicon Hangry&Angry
American Industry and Voice Talent: Clarine Harp
Japanese Seiyuu: Yuu Asakawa

IS THIS IT?!

>> No.6781674
File: 19 KB, 503x650, A2030.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Well, I just need to get some shoes for the ball and a big bag I can carry around without looking tacky.
Doing Hell Girl Ai and two other non cosplay outfits for the weekend.

Has anyone worn heels to a con before? How did you handle it? These are the boots I'm wearing either Friday or Saturday and I think I may end up parading around with just socks most of the time.

>> No.6781681

i'm going for the first time with some friends who have gone before.... what do you do all day? what are my chances of finding a qtpigf? what are the chances of being slipped pcp? i'm going as arale norimaki.

>> No.6781683

>>6781674
Gel insoles are your friend. And DO NOT take them off. Oh yeah, you're sitting to eat lunch, just a small break for your feet? If they're sore from the shoes, they'll swell up as soon as they're off and putting them back on will be even worse.

>> No.6781692

>>6781683
Thanks then. I wore them to the Gay Parade and took them off, couldn't even put them back on because it hurt too much. What's the best brand? I'm willing to splurge if it means I can wear these things for more than two hours without crying.

>> No.6782140

>>6781013
No. El Ken said ,in the "So what's the word on the guest list?" thread, that there are 2 confirmed guests (well, it says 3 but that was before he announced Brad Swaile) and they're just waiting on contracts, as well as 3-4 more that are going to be added

>> No.6782173

>>6781674
It's hard as hell. Don't be afraid to like, sit down for a minute and take them off (not like.. five minutes but when you eat) to get circulation back in your feet. I had to wear hells all 3 days of my con this year and by the end even being gentle on myself my feet were numb. For an entire week.
I sat with my feet in the bath every night in as cold of water as I could stand to get the swelling down, and as soon as that became comfortable I put my feet in as hot of water as possible to get circulation back. It sucks. Make sure your shoes are broken in.

>> No.6782182

>>6782173
*heels damn Freudian slip
What I mean is if you take them off at con make sure you have like 30 minutes to sit for the swelling to go down or don't bother.

>> No.6782213

>>6782182
Well, based on what I've been hearing, I'm going to be doing plenty of standing so if I don't see any gum or spit stains, the floor may become my universal chair.

>> No.6782267

>>6782213
That was pretty much me a large amount of the time. It was fine though, still got stopped for a shit ton of pictures and hung out. It was my favorite con yet so don't fret.

>> No.6782350

So my dad was flying into O'hare and flew right over the convention center and he said that he saw water all the way up onto river road from the recent flooding. I heard that the lower levels of the hotel and convention center got flooded. Anyone can confirm this?

>> No.6782363
File: 26 KB, 400x323, 1364867955987.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6782350

Don't worry about it affecting ACEN. The Rosemont area gets flooded/snowed in/Chicago weather every other year. The crews know how to fix it and they'll do it fast to prevent loss of profits.

>> No.6782365

>>6780397

>Two Dances

ACEN needs to stop this shit if they want to unshit the con

>> No.6783124

As I said in a previous thread. I made a reserve with IW for the 'King of Lolita' series. I hope I receive the items before ACen. But with Golden Week coming up, maybe not. Probably wearing that on Friday with the fashion show and swap meet going on and Sunday either Meta Swan or BTSSB Versailles Rose Bouquet for the tea party.

>> No.6785312

bump?

>> No.6785563

As mentioned previously, I'll be there with my camera. If you want to set up a free cosplay shoot, just let me know.

>> No.6786169

Please make note of the following requirements before purchasing a ticket:
Dress Code:
While lolita attire is not technically required, it is expected. Additionally, wearing of Enchantlic Enchantilly or Atelier Pierrot is required for this event. Please also note that wearing of replicas to this event is highly discouraged. For lolitas who are bringing dates, black- or white-tie formalwear is acceptable, as are formal military, fire, or law enforcement uniforms with supporting credentials.

LOL

>> No.6786374

>>6786169
It's not required? Looking at the cunt lolitas in the community, that's bullshit. It's required, no questions asked.

>> No.6786383

>>6786169

I came here to post this! $50 dollars for a ticket and you need to be in Chantilly or Atlelier Pierrot? I'm guessing 5 people are going to attend?

http://www.acen.org/content/elegant-sweet-16-tea-party-0

>> No.6786393

>>6786169
Wearing the brand is expected at the Angelic Pretty tea party last year too, wasn't it? Why are you surprised?

>> No.6786394

>>6786383
Yeah, in the past Fumiko held tea parties at Sakura-con and only required a lolita dress code, not necessarily anything from Chantilly. But I'm not a big fan of either brand so it's not a huge loss that I won't be going.

>> No.6786395

>>6786169
>>6786383
>newfag here

Are all lolitas this pretentious?

>> No.6786398

>>6786393

Angelic Pretty is about a thousand times more popular than either of those brands.

>> No.6786399

>>6786395

This was written by con staff, not lolitas.

>> No.6786404

>>6786383
I wonder if just accessories are ok, or if it needs to be a main piece too?

>> No.6786412

>>6786404
I was wondering this too.

>> No.6786480
File: 27 KB, 606x596, 1318206190254.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>lolita attire is not technically required, it is expected
>wearing of Enchantlic Enchantilly or Atelier Pierrot is required for this event

wat

>> No.6786483

>>6786480
So they're saying that it's required in a snarky way I'm guessing.

>> No.6786491

>>6786480
Well, you could be aristo or boystyle, I guess.

>> No.6786492

>>6786480
Doesn't Atelier Pierrot done some aristocratic items? Not strictly lolita but still part of the brand?

>> No.6786493

>>6786492
* do
not done
derp

>> No.6786555
File: 69 KB, 615x400, fire-alarm.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

So what's going to ruin this year's masq in favor of the rave?

>> No.6786810

>>6781674

I put them on my feet, tied them on, and didn't take them off. The best thing to do is make sure they fit EXCELLENTLY before you wear them all day. It's also good to have a "handler" someone to help you walk and carry your shit. Plan where you're going to be so you're not walk all over hell and back.

I wore EXTREMELY cushy running socks in my boots to help take some of the strain off my feet. In addition, get medical tape--NOT BANDAIDS--and a needle to puncture and cover blisters.

I also abused painkillers--I do things like take 4 ibprofen and 2 tylenol, which I don't recommend to strangers (I'd hate to kill someone) but yeah you're going to need something to take the edge off and you want something that reduces swelling.

>> No.6786819

>>6786404
>>6786412

The facebook thread had people talking to others who'd been to Chantilly parties, and as long as you're wearing SOMETHING from the brand you're good. I assume it would also be polite to wear something neutral for the main piece--don't wear Day Dream Carnival, make the Chantilly item the focus and showpiece.

>> No.6786823

>>6786480

You can wear aristo or just more casual coords or even normal-looking clothes, as long as you have a Chantilly item. Someone creative could even rock creepycute or punk or gyaru.

>> No.6786833

>>6781674
I often get half a size bigger (NOT a full size because slippage and blisters) and then pad the hell out of them - gel pads for balls, heels, and arches, I prefer them to full gel insoles solely because I need the slightly increased support to make my arches comfy. I also do a trial run to check if I'm likely to get blisters and get the Compeed blister plasters to use on those spots, preventing blisters is lots easier on the feet compared to fixing them. In terms of paracetamol/ibuprofen, as long as you have normal liver/kidney function, you're good to take the maximums as prescribed (1g paracetamol every 4 hours, max 4 times a day, 400mg ibuprofen every 4 hours, max 4 times a day) but I suggest spacing them out - so paracetamol when you wake up, then ibuprofen with food 2 hours later (either breakfast/morning tea), then paracetamol 2 hours later, and so on and so forth. It's a fairly standard simple analgesia regime which won't cause any damage as long as you're well hydrated, have your ibuprofen with food, and have no medical issues. People only run into problems with pain relief when they take it too often or more than the recommended doses. If you aren't keen on popping that many pills but still want something on board, there are slow release forms of ibuprofen and diclofenac around (choose one or the other, not both at once) but I'm not sure whether you need to get a prescription for them or not.

>> No.6786879

>>6786555
The Crystal Ball. Tell me again why I'm paying $20 for this to be in a panel room?

>> No.6787437

>>6786169
I cringed/laughed too when I saw this.. To be honest, I can't blame anyone who might be pissed. Like, yeah I'm totally sure everyone owns a main piece from two of the most obscure, hard-to-get gothic brands, (especially when much of the comm is AP-style sweet lolitas...) Not to mention has the money to buy a new dress+items to coord less than a month to con. The wording of this implies main piece, to me, so...

Seriously, ACen, very poor planning... I'm not able to go to the event anyway due to extenuating circumstances but with that dresscode I wouldn't have been able to anyway, even as a gothic lolita. I would've been even more disappointed.

>>6786374
I see butthurt ita-chan is back.

>>6786555
Throwing my chips in for someone falling off the stage and getting hurt, requiring an ambulance, and delaying the show by at least half an hour in the middle.

>> No.6787928

>>6779174

ACen stories?

>2006
>about to absolutely nail Real Folk Blues in the Consuite
>karaoke runner signals me to come to the table
>"Anon, we had to give away your song, she wanted to sing it"
>look at the stage
>Fucking Mary Elizabeth McGwynn stole my song

>> No.6787961

>>6782365

Consensus on the forums seems to be the dances are too different to be merged:

>The dances are very, VERY different. In fact up until this year I think the crowds looked very different. Hardcore: hardcore techno, japanese DJs. Soapbubble : everything else.
>Please don't lump them together :<

Of course in my opinion who gives a single fuck, drop one of those dances and create a new, more inclusive late-night event, because who knows how many ACen attendees don't feel comfortable squeezing into a group of drunk seventeen year olds covered in glowsticks while some Japanese guy spins UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ.

>> No.6787964
File: 13 KB, 650x450, Droooooog.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6787961

>Hardcore: hardcore techno, japanese DJs
>Soapbubble : everything else

So scrap Hardcore synergy because it's what brings the raver faggot kids to the event.

>> No.6787966

>>6787437
I cringed too, I wasn't really banking on an AP tea party because there was one last year, but I'm really not interested in buying something just to go to the tea party and spend $50 on it when I probably won't be able to eat much anyway (I have food allergies). So I'm pretty "meh" about it. I don't really care about going anyway.

Oh well. looking forward to some lolita panels and stuff anyway, and one of my friends is running a panel so I'm going to that. I can't go to the Indie fashion show (as much as I'd like to model) because I have a photoshoot at the same time.

>> No.6787970

>>6787964

From one of the staff:

>Honestly? Dances are a part of every con I've ever been to in the fandom arena, from gaming to geek, to comic book to pony, with the exception of the big *.world type shows. I think it's just part of the culture because it's all about letting people who enjoy the medium or genre get together, mingle, and meet one another and have a good time. For us, our mascots are a play on the Blues Brothers, and music has been a part of our convention culture for a long, long time. That has morphed over the years, but the Soap Bubble, and later the Underground Groove/Hardcore Synergy, and later the Crystal Ball, they're just a part of who we are just as Anime Hell is. Just as AMV is. Panels. Guests we've seen so many times they feel like family. Attendees I see out in the city and recognize even without their favorite cosplay.

Basically dances are relevant because music/chicago/inclusiveness and they're not going fucking anywhere.

>> No.6787983
File: 496 KB, 500x287, 1366705580208.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6787970

> I think it's just part of the culture because it's all about letting people who enjoy the medium or genre get together, mingle, and meet one another and have a good time.

Literally disgusting. I don't think that staff member understands that these dances don't bring together geeks, they bring together rave kiddies who think it's fun to wave glowsticks around.

>mfw I overhear people standing in line for Hardcore Synergy saying things like "why the fuck are there so many weird people here it's a fucking rave".

>> No.6787992

Going as Laharl, Youmu, and probably the TF2 Scout with Witcher 2 stuff if I can finish it in time. Maybe Donnel as well but I doubt that'll happen in time.

Also everyone should go to the Shmups for Chumps panel 'cause it's gonna be rad.

>> No.6787997

>>6787437
I agree. Super poor planning. I will not be able to make the tea party because after waiting months for guest announcements, three weeks ago I went ahead and cancelled my hotel for Saturday night because I had to put other plans ahead of what may have been a lackluster ACEN for me. If they had just announced guests a little sooner, I could have worked my other plans around the con. I definitely would have stayed for the whole con if I knew who was going to be there. (I own Chantilly and Atelier Pierrot pieces, they are two of my favorite brands.) While it feels bad that I can't stay for a tea party that is right up my alley, I'm kind of over it, because fuck ACEN for dragging the announcements out for as long as they did.

>> No.6788057

>>6787983
I seriously hate this. Random people and teenagers come just to get high and fuck people. They don't even know what anime is. Their knowledge goes no farther than "PIKACHU! XD"

>> No.6788077

>>6787983

>"why the fuck are there so many weird people here it's a fucking rave".

and then there's these assholes: http://www.ravelinks.com/forums/f96/wtf-is-acen-rave-191300/

>> No.6788080

>>6788057
And they cause problems for the con, too. My local con had issues with some of the ravers bringing in hard drugs and giving them to the stupid tween weeaboos, and committing statutory rape on high as fuck 13 year olds.

And yet they've added ANOTHER rave this year.

>> No.6788082

Hopefully they confirm soon if main pieces from the brands are required or not. I have accessories and was going to work a coordinate around them but if it's main pieces I can't get that together that quickly. Fucking Acen.

>> No.6788093

>>6788080
>My local con had issues with some of the ravers bringing in hard drugs and giving them to the stupid tween weeaboos, and committing statutory rape on high as fuck 13 year olds.
Maybe the folks running it are BFFs with the sleezelord from Dragoncon.

>> No.6788101

>>6788080

Wait what
No they didn't

Do you mean the formal dance?

>> No.6788126
File: 73 KB, 524x468, 1361403359124.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6788101
They meant their local con.

>>6788077
Pic related

>> No.6788142

>>6788077

>Koss Play

Please someone dress up as a pair of portapros and call it Kossplay

>> No.6788164
File: 78 KB, 800x600, misatobuh.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6788077

>It truly is a gaggle of 14-16 year olds who think they're cool by going to what they think is a 'rave'. They play nothing but anime song remixs. It's pretty ghey if I might say so myself, even though I do show up every year to show up the little wannabe's and put them in their place.

>> No.6788181

>>6788080
>>6788057
>>6787983

local con here had huge problems with the raves, cops, ambulances, you name it. the solution was to cancel one dance and make the other 18+

Acen is a bunch of hacks.

>> No.6788250

>>6788181

>make the other 18+

I have no idea why they don't do this. Color-coding underage badges could not be that expensive or complicated.

>> No.6788271

>>6788250
Wait it isn't?! Jesus Christ how horrifying. Glad I'm not going because being around drunken/high 17 year olds is enough.

>> No.6788293

>>6787997
Yeah I agree. This is upsetting, but I'm still going to ACen because my friends are going too. I'll skip the tea party since I don't own any Chantilly and Atelier Pierrot pieces and look at spending time doing other stuff instead. Maybe something good will come out of this...

>> No.6788365

They just posted on the forum that one accessory will be good enough for the tea party.

I'm really not sure if it's worth going. I'm not into meeting "famous" people. I like look of the brands a lot and own some pieces from both, but I could give a shit about meeting the designers and getting a photo with them. The food will probably be shitty catered hotel food.

Really it feels like I would be paying $50 hang out with my friends and a chance at winning something cool at the raffle (if they are even doing one this year).

>> No.6789044
File: 266 KB, 1090x1795, 5AcgIEa.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6787970
To my understanding, Underground Groove was first started by Beryl and Chris to help showcase local talent, since they're both big on the DJ'ing scene. I personally dislike the raves since it brings in the rave kiddies..and not-so-kiddies that creep on the youngins. The only big plus is that it tires them all out so they go to bed from time to time.

Ah well, here's the finalized cosplay schedule for folks.

>> No.6789046

>>6788164
so edgy.

>> No.6789118

>>6788164
>>6788077

Well, shit. I can see why you guys hate ravers after reading the comments. PLURR my black ass. Ah well, I party with my crew after I'm done coplaying for the weekend and what not.

Anyway, three more weeks. I can not wait.

>> No.6789121
File: 21 KB, 250x343, Shenanigans-Mark-Kirk.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6789044

>Guild wars
>2pm on Friday.

Well shit.

>> No.6789903

>>6789118

>three more weeks

oh god my panel and cosplay are nowhere near done

>> No.6790246

So, since one of my outfits will be gothic lolita, will I have to worry about facing ridicule openly? I know I'd look like an ita since it's my first time and I just wanted something cute for 1 day, but I'm curious about how I should handle someone's unwarranted critique.

To me, this is similar to Halloween. If I even wear it again, it'll be either at another con or something. Or am I just over thinking it?

>> No.6790272

>>6790246
Personally I think you are overthinking it. Anime conventions are full of a wide range of lolita from hardcore brandwhore to full Milanoo horrors.

I would put myself on the fairly elitist/brandwhore/all replicas should be burned level of the spectrum. But - everyone has to start somewhere, and/or not everyone at an anime convention cares about the fashion like I do. Some people are just trying it out, some people are starting and will improve, some people are cosplaying something that happens to end up looking ita if you don't know the character. So I try to turn off my judgement and I would never say anything to someone unless they asked my opinion.

Some bitches are bitches, but I never got any open ridicule when I was a fat ita beginner, and I would be shocked if you would either. Most of the real bitchery goes down online or behind people's backs and if you aren't putting yourself out there on tumblr or facebook you should be fine.

>> No.6790537

Curious to see how long it takes the tea party tickets to sell out this year.

>> No.6790570

>>6790537
Same here- that is, how many people CAN go with the dress code.

>> No.6791168

>>6790537
Is the limit 50 again? I don't remember them stating how many- just that seating was limited. When I'm not logged in I can still add one to my cart so I'm guessing they aren't sold out yet. I'm going because I love Chantilly accessories (dem bonnets and hats!) but am not as much of a fan of her dress designs.

>> No.6791531

>>6791168
I have no idea what the limit is but it still hasn't sold out. I guess this is good since anyone who really wanted to go should be able to go?

>> No.6791585

>>6787437
They aren't hard to get, both US based stores Tokyo Rebel and Harajuku Hearts carry Atelier Pierrot, and HH carries Chantilly or you can mail order direct from the designer. Two retails outlets for each, that's the same as AP

>> No.6791661

>>6791585
They're hardER to get in that they have much more limited output than the larger brands, tend to go for a lot more and come up a lot less secondhand. If you're only counting availability of NWT, straight-from-shop dresses you're cutting out a lot of how many lolitas buy...

>> No.6791859

>>6791661
Yeah, it's telling that HH and Chantilly's online shop are sold out of a lot of things that were not sold out 24 hours ago.

>> No.6791868
File: 233 KB, 620x634, b82.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>mfw I have protruding spikes on my costume and I know I will be able to get away with it because IRT is woefully inefficient.

>> No.6791877

Working EMRT for this con. First con I've ever been to.

Pretty excited to see all the fans and creative costumes.

Please stay safe so I don't have to work!

>> No.6791893
File: 276 KB, 908x720, 1365696789508.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6791877

>EMRT posts right after me after I post about how IRT can't do jack shit.

Trust me if anyone dies it won't be your fault.

>> No.6791897

>>6791893
I doubt anyone will die. Though alcohol and bad decisions sometimes mix pretty hard.

I also doubt that IRT will have to do much of anything. Everyone on EMRT is at least a trained EMT.

>> No.6791911

>>6791897

Different anon but I remember waiting being in the hall when a girl passed out and an IRT member started screaming at her to get off of the floor

>> No.6791917

>>6791911
wat

>> No.6791921

>>6791911
Be comforted by the fact that were I to see such a scenario unfold, I would most definitely scream at the IRT staffer on her behalf.

>> No.6791941

>>6791868

>IRT busts room party
>"Show me your badge!"
>"No"
>walk away in slow-motion while IRT explodes

>> No.6792011

>>6791941

>IRT tells me to get my weapon checked at the prop place
>"Ok"
>Never get it checked

>> No.6792594

aw man I'm getting excited. Everyone has paid me their hotel fees and we have bigger rooms so not as much cramming, everyone had their badge shipped so no death line. Its gunna be a good year for our group. Finally after going for years we have mastered pre planning

>> No.6792645
File: 25 KB, 672x1042, Poker_FaceCzyste.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6791941
IRT is not allowed to bust room parties unless they see someone obviously underage drinking or if something obviously illegal is happening. We can request to see your badge but you are not required to show it. IRT is essentially hall monitors with radios. That op was a moron.

>> No.6792650

>>6792594
I have a 2 room king suite all to myself. Kind of a waste since I'll only be in it to sleep, change, and get ready.

>> No.6792664

>>6792650
damn that's a lot of space to yourself. But hey it's better than room cramming tho

>> No.6792735

>>6792645
IRT guy tried to take my badge at the embassy smoking area because my friend and I were drinking out there at like 4am and I wouldn't show him my ID (it was up in my room). He went off to get some "backup" and then never came back.

>> No.6792933

>>6792735

IRT are usually full of military wannabe, power-tripping asshats who, if you threaten them with ANY real legal consequences, start to cower like the little weeabros they are.

>> No.6793006

Chris Ayres just announced. How many guests do we have left?

>> No.6793152

>>6793006
1 or 2

>> No.6793165

>>6793152
Really? Cuz around April 15th El Ken said the following: I've got 3 confirmations waiting on contracts, and 3-4 more we're looking at to make up for people we invited who could not attend.
He added Brad swaile right after that, then Taliesin Jaffe, and now we're at Chris Ayres. That means 3-4 more. Unless there's been a change.

>> No.6793807

>>6793006

Doesn't count as a guest. The cosplayer he fucks lives in Chicago.

>> No.6793839

>>6793807
Woah, what? Who?

>> No.6793984

>>6793807
>>6793839

...his girlfriend?

>> No.6794002

>>6793984
Yeah, but the way it was said sounded to me like it was someone known in the cosplay scene (at least locally). So, who?

>> No.6794013

>>6780397

At least Hardcore Synergy books Japanese artists. :\ The bullshit is Soap Bubble and word on the street is they are keeping it, AND GIVING IT TO GREG ARYES. Kill me NOW. If you think it was shitty before it's only going to get 1000x shittier with that piece of shit in charge.

>> No.6794016 [DELETED] 

>>>/a/84271173 >>>/a/84271173 >>>/a/84271173 >>>/a/84271173

>> No.6794020

>>6794013

>Greg Aryes in charge of Hardcore Synergy and Wub Bubble

So glad this is my last ACEN (dance wise). I'm dancing my ass off to support Allen Castillo, but after that I'm done with ACENs raves until kors. k comes back.

>> No.6794018 [DELETED] 

>> No.6794025

>>6788293

Hey you should hang out with me! ;_; (It's Ko)

tyam doesn't talk to me anymore but last year at acen he came up to me and gave me free booze? I think he wanted to come backstage..? or something? But why would he talk to me of all people for something like that..?

>> No.6794029

>>6791941

lol irt caught me having sex with someone in a stairwell one year. THEY DIDN'T DO SHIT. THEY WERE LIKE "UH OH GOD" and walked out ahahahahahahaha. Fucking nerd hall monitors AT BEST.

>> No.6794031

>>6792735
hah. that's not really even part of our detail. We are not allowed to take id's to check for legal drinking age unless we're 21 ourselves.

>>6792933
I will agree, anon, but some are actually good people that try to do their best. SOME.

A majority make me feel sorry. Trip pants and obesity ahoy!

>> No.6794033

>>6794020

Yeah I feel bad for Allen. :\ Greg Aryes of all people, seriously? But that's hearsay so I can't be sure. Either way you should still come support the Hardcore Synergy guys, they're the best people I've met hands down. I'm gonna try and help with their booth again this year so come by and say haaaay. I'll sell you a kors k CD too. ;D

>> No.6794036

>>6794031

Once a guy in IRT tried to 'get me in trouble' by escorting me out of an area, and I didn't have the guest with me who brought me back there to vouch for me. As he was walking me out of the little back room I was in, he tried to get my contact info "because I was too cute to be alone". Fucking classy IRT!

>> No.6794040

>>6794033

Synergy is the only rave I care about. Shit Bubble can get fucked, for all I care. 100% of Saturday's problems would disappear with it, leading to a more pleasant IRT during the nights, which means less shit slinging on the internet about them.

>>6794036

IRTbro here (if that wasn't kinda obvious already): Shit like that is completely unnacceptable. Did you happen to catch his callsign? I'm sure hitting on attendees while on shift is in the section of our handbook titled DON'T FUCKING DO THIS!

>> No.6794043

>>6794029
oh hey, I think I remember you. First time, you pulled the "lol, I'm a dj I can hang out in this stairwell and drink with this girl, right?" we asked you if you could keep it to your room. You were like "haha, ok." We told you to have a good night and you guys left. We came back an hour later to see you fucking her doggy style and when you saw us. you and her flipped out and you tripped on you unzip shorts running up the stairs. IRT had a good laugh.

>> No.6794048

>>6794040

Yeah no I formally complained about it and I don't know if he was ever caught but I definitely kicked up a fuss. That's just wrong and he had no idea how old I was (I was 18 at the time but I'm 21 now so this is long over but I think it's still important to make sure ACen is aware)

>> No.6794056

>>6794036
at lot of them are bored as fuck. next time stay near the guest or have another member around to vouch for you. it's hard to prove you're with a guest unless you have a special badge and we're always finding people trying to sneak into vip rooms. we found two guys stuck on the 11(?) floor last year and they said they knew a guest who told them to take an elevator. We took their word and asked to find the guest(no one super important) we did so we didn't have to wrte a report/ put a warning on their badge(get so many and con has the right to take it away or bar you from convention areas.) there's only been a handful of times anyone has been banned from acen.

>> No.6794060

>>6794013
lolno Greg haaaaaaaaaates ACEN.

>> No.6794064

>>6794056

>tfw I know 3 people who are permabanned from ACEN

Who knew that Skrillex shit would catch on so fast.....

>> No.6794069

>>6794060
Why?

>> No.6794082

>>6794060

Yes I know, everyone knows, but from what I've heard they brought his brother as a guest and are going to keep trying to negotiate something. Greg really likes DJing and I think if they put him in charge of SB he'd pretty much dgaf about the whole beef they had.

>> No.6794085

>>6794082
>from what I've heard

They announced Chris as a guest today. That doesn't mean Greg is going.

>> No.6794093

>>6794085

Yeah and Allen is still in charge of the Soap Bubble this year. I'm talking about 2014.

>> No.6795054

>>6794013

Can someone fill me in on why everyone hates Greg Ayres

>> No.6795057

What's this about Skrillex?

And can someone explain "silver pikachu"?

>> No.6795131

>>6795054
Well there's a lot of reasons to hate Greg Ayres, I'm specifically though curious what the beef is between him and ACen.

>>6795057
I think that was explained in a previous ACen thread, search that term in the archives and you should find it.

>> No.6795302

This is going to be my first ACen and the biggest con I've been to by a long shot. Becoming worried about all the drugged-up rave kids.

>> No.6795342

>>6795302
They only show up at the raves themselves. Just avoid that and you'll be fine.

>> No.6795414

Is there still gonna be a boardgame/seagull meetup? I'll bring drinks, games and some convo.

>> No.6795446

>>6795342
Alright, that's good to know. I thought they'd end up being all over the place. At the cons I'm used to, the ravers are all over the place the beginning of the day of.

>> No.6796070
File: 69 KB, 848x480, pedoclownlsd.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6789044
>Hunter x Hunter
Glorious.

So is this the first year they're going to formal ball thing or has anyone gone before? I'm going, but I'm not sure what to expect. If I can find a picture of my dress I'll post it, because I don't want to be overdressed/under-dressed.

>> No.6796098

>>6796070
>to
*to do

Aaand I can't find any images of the dress. Guess I'll have to fish through my folders and find my prom pictures then. Hopefully I can find a full body shot.

>> No.6796135

>>6796070
This is the second year. I walked past while it was going on last year, and it was basically a weeb prom in a panel room. A couple people were dancing and some people sitting around the perimeter of the room. A couple other people were horsing around in the hallway. It looked like an awkward middle school dance. It was probably later in the evening so maybe it was better before, but what I saw was not worth springing for an additional ticket at all.

>> No.6796158

>>6789044
...good to know there is a borderlands shoot. there has been absolutely fucking nothing on the forums save for the single post I made LONG ago. To be honest I'm glad there might actually be more people than myself doing this.

>> No.6796182

>>6789044
Is there anything that Disgaea could fit into on there? I'm not seein' anything.

>> No.6796220 [DELETED] 
File: 81 KB, 540x720, 248742_156431811089318_6524036_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6796135
White dress (actually ivory) is mine, surprised it's the only full body shot I had. Anyway, is that too much? If so I can just go to the thrift and get a cheap black one. I've never been in a panel room so I'm not sure if it's smaller than where I went from prom.

>> No.6796226
File: 73 KB, 540x720, fdggfbgdd.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6796135
White dress (actually ivory) is mine, surprised it's the only full body shot I had. Anyway, is that too much? If so I can just go to the thrift and get a cheap black one. I've never been in a panel room so I'm not sure if it's smaller than where I went from prom.

>> No.6796245

>>6795057
One guy tried to take down ACEN by starting a rumor that Skrillex was doing Soap Bubble in the hopes that rave kiddies would flood Rosemont and bad shit would go down, thus cancelling the con. The rumor spread like wildfire and the higher ups collectively shit themselves. In the end, this individual was found (Sunday of the fucking con), and permabanned.

No one's gonna tell you about Silver Pikachu. Deal with it.

>> No.6796314
File: 48 KB, 810x216, acen13.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6796182
You can do a meet in one of the slots that's open as long as no one else is there or if no one else shows up or minds if you share space. I personally don't mind if you come join us during the Godsibb meet on Saturday at 3 in the garden! We're supposed to have around 9 people, so it's not really a big deal to share space.

>>6796245
Is that the MERRY CHRISTMAS guy that even Taz just kind of.. smiles and just shakes his head about when you ask about?

Total side note, what do you guys have planned for cosplay? I'm planning on putting the tinychat open again for the next couple weeks and streaming Pokemon if anyone wants background noise/motivational people to have company around if there's interest. Y/N?

>> No.6796329

>>6796135
Well shit. Weeb prom in a panel room?
The website said they moved it to a decent room, but then again, it'll be my first time at ACen, so I couldn't quite figure out if I should spring for a ticket or not.

Bah. Anyone else been before?

>> No.6796344

>>6796329
Last year, it was in a different hotel. This year, it's being held in the room that the big cosplay panels are in. If you don't want to go to the cosplay ball, we do also have the masquerade at the same time.

>> No.6796362

>>6796314
I'm >>6787992, so Laharl and Youmu. I just found out though that the person I kinda assumed I was gonna be cosplaying TF2 with isn't actually gonna be bringing his TF2 stuff, so I'm considering switching gears entirely and busting out Donnel instead of the scoot. I've already found a nice large branch from outside that I can turn into a spear, so that's cool.

>> No.6796442

I'll be going! Wearing Wigglytuff gijinka one day, Tomoyo Daidouji another, and probably Lolita for one of the days. I haven't decided which days for which outfits yet, but the Lolita outfit will be for the day of the AtPi/Chantilly tea party. Got mah golden ticket and just ordered an AtPi dress from Tokyo Rebel, woot!
Also there are quite a few of us going to the tea party. I wanna say at least 20 something. The tickets didn't even sell out the next day so I'm guessing there are less people going to the AtPi tra party than the AP tea party, but I still think it'll be a fun experience.

>> No.6796443

>>6796314
I'll hop on TC if you do reopen it :) it's been too long and don't we need to play for a cgl meet still?

>> No.6796521

>>6796314

lolno. Christmas was

>slits wrists
>bleeds all over the place
>writes name on the wall in blood
>plays DDR

>> No.6796534

This is going to be my first anime convention, how much cash should i have on me for purchasing goodies?

>> No.6796537

>>6796534

Trick question. You shouldn't buy goodies. I know people who have blown entire savings accounts at these things.

>> No.6796538

>>6796534
a shit ton. Acen's dealers room is huge.

>> No.6796545

>>6796537
i have plenty of self control. I was just wondering what was a good amount to have on hand in case i find 3 or 4 things i'd like to buy. I have no idea what the pricing is over there. or how much food will be at the convention center

>> No.6796551

>>6796545

Self control is good. Still bring a couple hundred.

>buying food at the convention center

Take 10 minutes and walk your happy ass down to McDonalds. Unless you enjoy paying $6 for fries.

>> No.6796563

>>6796443

We should really decide on a good time for the meetup. I suggest Friday evening at 9pm at the Hyatt by the bar before Hardcore Synergy. After not coming to ACen last year, I'm definitely coming this year to see my friends and Chicago Lolis.

Also my IW package got shipped out before Golden Week!

>> No.6796568

>>6796545
Food is overpriced as fuck at the con center. Enjoy your $12 grilled cheese. Bring food with you in a small cooler if you are in a hotel that isn't the embassy (which has mini-fridges and microwaves in the rooms) or plan to walk a mile or two down to mcdonalds.

I do fine just eating fruit and sandwiches all weekend, and my friends and I usually get Geordano's pizza Saturday night.

>> No.6796573

>>6796568

You know on the same token the food is really good though. But the lines are fucking atrocious and ugh no tables and ugh eating with weeaboos.

Just pack some bread and peanut butter if you're worried about money; it's healthier than mcdonald's too.

>> No.6796575

>>6796568
Or get a CTA pass and hop on the The L for couple of stops where there is more of a variety of food. I realized that flying into Chicago is cheaper than just driving alone after factoring in gas, parking, and trolls. I was going to use The L anyways so I'm getting a three day pass to get to the Art Institute, the Loop, North Side, Midway, and Chinatown.

I'm thinking of going to Hot Doug's with a few of my friends on Friday or Saturday for some Fat Duck fries and hot dogs. I hope the locals don't chastise me for putting ketchup on my hot dog.

>> No.6796581
File: 73 KB, 180x205, my face when.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6796575
>condiments
>ever

>> No.6796586

>>6796581
I might not even put condiments on my hot dog if I'm wearing lolita. Hell eating a hot dog or corn dog in lolita is a double entendre.

>> No.6796616

>>6796575
>>6796586
I've always found it really weird when I get a Chicago styled hot dog in Chicago and they offer condiments on the stand/counter, even though it's a common idea to not put stuff like ketchup on them.

Personally, if I was trying to run the business, I wouldn't give a fuck as long as you bought something.

I'm kind of sad that I'm not going this year and probably not for a long time after years of disappointment. It kind of doesn't help that I don't want too much to do with the lolitas up in the area, but it is the only few times I'm willing and able to go see a few people I can actually consider friends. I hope that you have fun this year.

>> No.6796635

So where do you guys get your Gothic Lolita shoes from? I want to try something out, but I probably don't have time to order. Any places that have the right shoes?

>> No.6796716

>>6796635
You would probably be better off asking this in a lolita thread, no?

>> No.6796733

>>6796716
I asked that here because of the location. I don't think every lolita in Illinois orders online.

>> No.6796754

>>6796733
Yep. We do. If you're not an ita.

>> No.6796757

>>6796733
It really depends on the look you're going for...? I mean, you can find loliable shoes at lots of bigger stores; DSW, Payless... for nicer stuff, the Fluevogs shop in Wicker Park is popular (but expensive as hell), Akira carries Irregular Choice if you need more flamboyant shoes... If I don't know what you need I don't know what to tell you.

>> No.6796759

>>6796754
Also this, lol.

I hate to say but you really sound like a stubborn ita right now.

>> No.6796818 [DELETED] 
File: 17 KB, 220x293, Gothic-Lolita-Boots-lolita-fashion-1775480-220-293.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6796754
>>6796759
Yeah. No.

>>6796757
Just googled, and this is what I was going for. Someone recommended I go to Boys town though.

>> No.6796826
File: 17 KB, 220x293, Gothic-Lolita-Boots-lolita-fashion-1775480-220-293.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6796754
>>6796759
Yeah. No.

>>6796757
Something like this. I want to be able to wear them anywhere aside from my outfit no matter the season.

>> No.6796845

>>6796826
Those are not lolita.

>> No.6796873
File: 13 KB, 300x292, AAAADA0v8TwAAAAAAFiLPg.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6796826
Those are much too combat/chunky to work for lolita. Maybe in 2001, but not now.

If you want a proper in and out of lolita boot, look for something closer to a Victorian grannyboot. You should be able to find them, they were popular again in the past few years.

>> No.6797253

>>6796873
Really? Well, guess I just prefer the older look then. Thanks for the advice, but I'd rather be called an ita and look my idea of cute instead of wearing shoes I just don't like.

>> No.6798022

>>6797253
If you are determined to wear combat boots or chunky goth shoes that aren't going to look right with most outfits, go to the Alley and Belmont Army/Navy Surplus. Both are near Clark & Belmont. They have a wide selection. I have also found appropriate Lolita shoes there - specifically victorianish oxfords and some Emily the Strange flats that were clearly inspired by tea party shoes, but they both have a lot of general goth/punk/subculture type styles.

>> No.6798039

>>6794002

I'm friends with him on Facebook and just saw that his girlfriend was happy he'd be at Acen to meet her friends, so I'm just assuming she lives there. I see pictures of her in cosplay with him on his facebook.

Therefore, the cosplayer he fucks lives in Chicago

>> No.6798064

>>6796443
Got it open, streaming Pokemon season 4 now. tc.com/acen

>> No.6801016

So is anyone gonna post cosplay previews? Cons getting closer and I'm 95% done with all of mine. Just waiting on some hair and accessories.

>> No.6801192

tc.com/acen is up if anyone wants to come in for crunch. Streaming The Point and then back to Pokemon Advance. Have to skip the rest of Johto League since Team Rocket kept making everyone hungry.

>> No.6801273

>>6801016

Why don't you start then?

>> No.6802412

>>6791911
Yes because screaming at somebody who clearly having a medical condition and may have possible bodily damage done to them is the best way to care for them.

I swear, if I'm having a medical incident (like say, an asthma attack) and if some power tripping IRT rent-a-cop started yelling at me, I would beat their ass, even with having an asthma attack.

IRT ain't even real security guards. That's fuckin' sad.

>> No.6802430

>>6792933
lol I hate those kinda cats at cons ops. So, all I have to say is "I have a family friend who's a lawyer and my pop's a lawyer and family members who're police officers. I will have no problem and qualm takin' your weak ass to court " and they will run away? Even though it's a complete lie (expect for having family members who're cops, but in a totally different city)

>> No.6802445
File: 147 KB, 507x770, sailorpluto.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6801016
>>6801273
Not >>6801016, but I'll start. Sailor Pluto costume is done and I'm currently working on the Garnet Rod. I shouldn't have any problems getting it done in time, but I'm still nervous as hell about it.

>>6801192
I'll probably be in the chat later tonight.

>> No.6802474

>>6802445
nice legs.

>> No.6802485
File: 246 KB, 1280x960, goatmanuminekocosplay.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6801016
>>6802445
Guess I'll bite with my cosplay preview

Goatman from Umineko no Naku Koro Ni

Technically, it's done but I really wish I had a button chain for the suit. Ah well.

>> No.6802565
File: 1.13 MB, 2000x1000, Untitled-1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6801016
I'm not >>6801016 either buuuut here goes :)
Friday saturday and sunday cosplays from left to right. Sorry i dont do anything super crazy with my SH2 nurse make up. I know i should. :l Also kinda kicking myself for not making Yevon my purse. Thought about it after the fact. I'm also probably gonna remake the femspike dress part. Just has some mild issues but definitely gonna redo it. Pattern was a lil too big but eh. It wasnt an expensive one to make so i'm not out much at all.

>> No.6802592

>>6802445
Love it!

>> No.6802769

So if c2e2 was anything to go by, there are gonna be a lot of Borderlands, Dr. Who, and Sailor Moon cosplayers this year.

>> No.6803453

>>6802474
>>6802592
Thanks!

>>6802485
Looks pretty good, though it's a little hard to tell with your arm in front like that.

>>6802769
I was noticing the large amounts of Borderlands and Dr. Who. Were there that many Sailor scouts there?

>> No.6803479

>>6803453
Large by comparison, I should say. Going from one or two to like 8+ (I think I saw one set of the main five, and a few others walking around) isn't a lot, but is still like an 800% increase in Sailor Moon cosplay.

>> No.6803526

>>6796226
woah that dress is gorgeous!

>> No.6803667

>>6802445
Holy cow thats a good cosplay. Might snap a few pics of it myself come Acen. With your permission, ofc.

>> No.6803678

So, IRT Bros, I'm curious as to how your ranks can be so swollen with heinous assholes, power hungry faggots, wanna-be soldiers, and all around douche-clowns.

I get that it's largely volunteers, but why isn't there someone screening applicants, or if there is, why can't they seem to get themselves a staff that isn't largely memorable for being incompetent, rude, abusive, or outright stupid?

I've been attending and working at PAX for the past couple years and it's a wonder how they can get such a high majority of like-minded, dutiful, and reasonable people to help them run their show. Even with the paycheck, which doesn't show up for months after the show, they seem to only end up with a few dicks, compared to hundreds of other polite and helpful people.

There's clearly something wrong with ACen's recruiting process and someone needs to tell whoever the fuck is in charge to change that shit.

>> No.6803735

>>6803479
Ah, alright. I see what you mean.

>>6803667
Thank you! And I am always open to pictures.

>> No.6803760

i'll be going for my first time this year. is it true that if you're a qt boy you will get bitten by girls?

>> No.6803980
File: 1005 KB, 470x195, oAEykYR.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6803678
>I get that it's largely volunteers
Aw.. how cute! You think any of us are paid! The thing with IRT is that even though they get an X amount each year, only a certain amount show up at con. That certain amount are stretch -so- far over each part of con. It's like working Black Friday at Walmart in the middle of the Loop. You get your bros, you get your hos, but by the middle of the shift, you're dead tired. Your judgement isn't the happiest by then.

>>6802445
Fecking hell, woman. Stop being so awesome with everything and your fabric store job. Jeeeeez. (Seriously, it looks awe~s~ome~) I should have the tinychat back up tonight. Last night, I had to ship off the Guidebook version of the schedule to the art department, so we'll continue stuffs later. Plus, I had a squealing tiny copy human who discovered the Skitty pokemon and now she wants a pet cat to paint pink. I blame Japan. She also sends a hi to you since she's not coming to con this year and is sad since she can't terror everyone with her evil twin. (Can you imagine the piplup and pikachu kigu? Oh god.)

>> No.6804113

>>6803678

Actually, as far as I know, most of the people you described have been forcibly removed from IRT over the past couple of years. It won't be as bad in the future. It also helps if people don't respond like complete dicks when asked simple shit.

>"Hey, you guys need to get on the sidewalk. There are cars coming in and out of the lot."
>"YEAH, WELL FUCK YOU, YOU RENT-A-COP".

>> No.6804666

>>6802445
loving this! I'll be there as Eternal Sailor Pluto. Hoping we can get some pictures together! Do you have a staff?

Also, bump for more cosplay previews.
>>6804113
This. IRT has been improving ever so slightly. And yes, at least TRY to respect them

>> No.6804674

>>6804666
derp just read you are working on the rod right now. I am working on mine as well. Spent all last night drilling fucking dowel rods.

>> No.6805033

>>6804666
Thank you! Yes, we'll have to get pictures together! And yeah, like you said I'm working on the staff. I just finished drilling my dowel rods. I think mine's turning out crooked. It might look less noticeable once I get the key bits on though. Pics of your Pluto?

>> No.6805228

>>6803479
I believe Sailor Moon is having some anniversary this year.

>> No.6805257
File: 124 KB, 640x480, photo(8).jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I got this dress in the mail yesterday. I'm gonna be wearing it the Friday of the Con.

>> No.6805407

>>6805257
As usual, IW is so much nicer IRL than in the stock photos haha. The print looks so much bolder and clearer here...

How are you planning to coord it so far?

>> No.6805424

>>6803453
Hey, >>6802485 here.

lol my bad. I couldn't think of a pose off the top of my head and I just wanted to be a bit goofy.

Politely saging.

>> No.6805441

>>6805407
I bought a red headbow and a pair of pink socks with it. I'll eventually get a red bolero on the cheap. I think this dress will work well with reds, pinks, and whites. The red cardigan I have sheds like a cat on a warm spring day on my blouses. I do have red and pink shoes from Bodyline, but I'm looking into some mature shoes. I have my white IW book purse I bought when I was in Japan last month.

>> No.6806333

>>6805033
sorry I worked all freaking day on drilling /sanding/painting myself!
Mine was coming out crooked as well and I decided that the reason was I was trying to insert screws to make it unscrew in several places so I just said fuck it, and glued them all together with mini-dowels instead. Now it's not crooked.
I cant post pics right now, on an iPhone :/
>>6805228
The manga was re-released with an actual good translation this year in english,got me back into the fandom, so that's the reason I'm doing it!

>> No.6806363

>>6796537
I know this feel.
Acen 2011 was my first convention ever.
I spent $300 without even realizing it until after I got home

It happened so fast...

>> No.6806575

>>6805441
Just my opinion that you didn't ask for, but I think red will be way too strong with that dress.

>> No.6806588

>>6803980
And we're up~ Anyone up for late night sewing crunch and Pokemon season 7-8, join in. tc.com/acen

>> No.6806607

>>6803526
Thank you!

So... it's not too over the top? I don't mind having pictures taken of me, but I'd feel awkward being in a room full of girls with $30 dresses from JCPenny. My hair (sew in) might be the only issue since it's been over a month and is nowhere near prom tier anymore.

>> No.6806927
File: 131 KB, 1100x865, Scheherazade.(Magi).full.1316780.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6806607
Gosh, I'd love to see that as a Scheherazade dress from Magi for the ball thing. It's so pretty!

>> No.6806943

>>6796226
Nice.

>> No.6807045

>>6789903
I'm with you anon. BE STRONG

>> No.6807048

>>6791877
you wouldn't happen to be the same medfag who posted in /b/'s thread about horror stories in the medical profession?

>> No.6807289

>>6806333

But you CAN post pics from an iPhone, anon.

>> No.6807352
File: 1.96 MB, 320x168, ZEJXtFi.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

So I had a set back health wise and I have to make my props and a whole costume by the 16th. It feels like when you are out of school for mono and you come back and have all this work to do.

>> No.6807400

>>6806333
I'm trying to put a screw in it too, mainly for transport, but the I have some pieces that taper slightly and those parts got their holes drilled crooked. I'll see how much time I have before the con to see if I can redo it, but it isn't too noticeable. I'll post pictures when I can.

>> No.6807614

>>6796521
I wonder if this the same Christmas I know...I have a friend by this name who went to ACEN years back.

>> No.6807639

An IRT friend told me I'm not allowed to know what Silver Pikachu is. I asked if people got hurt. He said "kinda." Damn you IRTs just tell me your secrets already

>> No.6808938

Please share the "Silver Pikachu" story, or whatever it is.

>> No.6809274
File: 979 KB, 500x173, nYQXwfv.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6808938
This story, along with half of the other shit that happens at ACen... picture very related. Let's just leave it at this: Keep your wallet next to your front pocket, keep your hand over your cup, buddy system is best, do NOT trust the person you just met, regardless of gender... this is not fucking summer camp.

>> No.6809489

>>6809274

Ah. Someone was raped.

>> No.6809495

>>6809489
Even rape doesn't seem to warrant such a cover up. I'd imagine it being along the lines of being killed, have your identity removed via cutting off fingers, removing the head, and burning the body. Also, having your wallet stolen and clothes being hidden or thrown away somewhere.

>> No.6809647

>>6809495
>>6809489

Jesus...I really hope this isn't true. D:

Does anyone know how he looks like or whatever? And if something terrible did truly happen, why ACEN trying to cover it up?

On a brighter and more positive note. 15 more days. Time to panic.

>> No.6809667
File: 543 KB, 256x192, 1365409810766.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6809647
Oh god I feel like it's tomorrow. My hotel room is straight. My money is in check. But I feel so unprepared. I may do an outfit check this weekend to make sure all my clothes are in the right condition. May take pictures to show how terrible it all is.

>> No.6809678

>>6809667
Heh. I just got the hotel room and my outfirts in order. I just waiting for my roommates to pay their share of the hotel.

>> No.6809730

>>6809489
>>6809495
Hm.. Hmm.. is this really in such a shady part of IL?

>> No.6809754

>>6809730
The area isn't shady - it's a convention center and hotels. The point is that in a large group of strangers, many of whom are drinking and partying, that you should be careful.

>> No.6809776

Originally from Alabama but moved to Iowa in March 2011. First ACen was May 2011. Lost my car keys some time after the Umineko panel at midnight Friday. Was not staying at a convention hotel and had little cash on me, so I opted to stay at the Hyatt until 3AM when I finally broke down and decided to call a cab. Called a wrecker mid-Saturday, and as he was getting ready to tow the car, I spotted the keys locked inside. The guy was only too happy to help. I only had 50 bucks left and needed some for the tolls, but I shoved a 20 in his hand and thanked him a dozen times.

Did I mention I traveled alone and my closest relative was 800 miles away? Yeah,, I was freaking out.

>> No.6809908

>>6809730
Not at all. Rosemont is high-class business district and I think the CPD and Rosemont police are only mere blocks away. Like >>6809754
said, you are just dealing with random strangers drinking and partying all night long so you gotta be careful with those niggas.

Travel with a pack of your bros and crew when you're out at night partying and at least have one or two sober person with your crew.

>> No.6810374

>>6809489
Not it, but not the first time that's happened there.

>> No.6810427

>>6809495
It was probably just some trivial bullshit with some comedy component that the people working made an inside joke out of and then it got blown out of proportion by people wanting in on the joke.

>> No.6810648

>>6810427
That too. Reminds me of 3rd grade again. Everyone knew why I was the icky girl but me apparently.

>> No.6810713

I wish they'd post the schedule for the video game tournaments. I might actually want to play one this year.

>> No.6811112

>>6802565
oh hey i saw you at kitsune and i remember seeing that ed too.

>> No.6812895

>>6809730
Rosemont? Only in the sense that the town has basically always been run by the mafia.
The area's actually really safe, just difficult if you don't have a car. It's a really spread out suburban area.
If someone was raped at ACen it was probably by other idiots at the convention, and has nothing to do with the general Rosemont area at all.

>> No.6812930

>>6810713
I wish they'd post the schedule of... anything.

>> No.6813081

Can someone tell me wtf this shit is that I saw on FB?

"Anime Central is pleased to present an exclusive, limited seating Tea Party, hosted by Atelier Pierrot designers Yuko Ashizawa and Eichi, and Enchantlic Enchantilly designer Fumiko Kawamura!

The tea party will take place Sunday, May 19th from 1:15 PM until 3:15 PM at the Hyatt Regency O’Hare, in the London room (on the international level of the hotel). An advance-purchase ticket is required to enter the event, and tickets are limited.

The menu will include an assortment of teas, sweets, and finger sandwiches, and will be posted here prior to the event.
Please make note of the following requirements before purchasing a ticket:

Dress Code:
While lolita attire is not technically required, it is expected. Additionally, wearing at least one item(including accessories) of Enchantlic Enchantilly or Atelier Pierrot is required for this event. Please also note that wearing of replicas to this event is highly discouraged. For lolitas who are bringing dates, black- or white-tie formalwear is acceptable, as are formal military, fire, or law enforcement uniforms with supporting credentials.

Cosplay is not permitted. Any and all cosplay ensembles are inappropriate. Examples include, but are not limited to:
• Purposefully replicating anime characters and their respective outfits
• Purposefully replicating brand-themed coordinates (such as those in advertising or print campaigns) in a cosplay-like style or manner
• Mana cosplay
• Chii ears, Naruto headbands, cosplay wigs, etc.
• Cosplay-related props and/or weapons
Anyone wearing cosplay or any outfit deemed inappropriate will be asked to change or leave the event.

Ticketing:
Single ticket price is $50.00. All tickets are non-refundable and non-transferable. Tickets are bound to a specific Anime Central badge when purchased. Both the tea party ticket and the Anime Central badge it is bound to must be presented to gain entry to the event."

>> No.6813083

>>6813081
What do you mean, 'wtf this shit is'.

It's the lolita tea party they have every year, have you never been to the con before or what?

>> No.6813089

>>6813083
Really, It's seems like a bunch of elitist BS if you ask me.
Saying you have to wear something by those designers and charging $50 a ticket to boot. Fuck that.

And yes, I've been going to Acen for years, I just don't care about the Lolita culture.

>> No.6813093

>>6813089
Baww baww poorfag. No one cares that you're not going. Cry more.

>> No.6813127

>>6813093
Uh huh, real mature. Shall I buy you a bridge?

>> No.6813140

yo seagulls so I was helping my dad go through his basement full of junk and found some old dungeons and dragons guides and stuff...anyone wanna join my group of friends for some late night D&D in the hotel lobby?

>> No.6813142
File: 482 KB, 500x281, 1348213173229.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6813089
go be stupid somewhere else. this is standard protocol for tea parties thrown by the brand(s) themselves. you pay to meet and greet with designers, get food, and play games/chance to win raffle prizes.
and since they're hosted by the brands, why are you surprised that you'd have to wear their shit? brand loyalty, dude. in fact these rules are extremely lax, you'd usually have to have at least the main pieces (such as the dress, otks, headbow/hair accessory), if not the whole outfit, be by the brand, because again = brand loyalty.

>> No.6813163

>>6813127
>whining about a $50 ticket to a high end tea party thrown by a mid-tier expensive brand
>calling other people immature

Mmkay

>> No.6813172

>>6813140

I might!! What edition?

>> No.6813179

>>6813172
drizzt

>> No.6813184

>>6813140
It's been a good while since I've played D&D but I would love to play some old school D&D

>> No.6813186

>>6813172
all I got are 1st and 2nd edition stuff so pretty old and you gotta be willing to put up with some new players. We haven't played yet but I plan on doing more research

>> No.6813192
File: 1.24 MB, 3264x1840, IMG_20130503_211409_347.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6813186
here is what I picked up so far

>> No.6813198

>>6813093
I think their disappointment is justified. I can afford it, but it's not something I'd want to spend my money on. Think of grocery shopping. Would you spend a lot of your money at Jewel Osco or save and have something just as good by going to Aldi? If that makes any sense... I bet it doesn't. >>6813142 has a better argument for it. It makes sense from a cash flow stand point. Though I wouldn't call anyone stupid.

>> No.6813199

>>6813186

That is just fantastic I only know first edition. If you want any help ill definitely be down to play/help newbies!

>> No.6813227
File: 1.07 MB, 300x229, 1366853232087.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6813198
the price of tickets is not the reason that anon was complaining. they aren't "disappointed" by the price, they're basically shitting on the whole concept.
>seems like a bunch of elitist BS if you ask me
>don't care about the Lolita culture
so yeah they're stupid, because this is the standard for any brand tea party, though usually you buy up to a certain money amount before they offer tickets.

>> No.6813336
File: 443 KB, 1224x1632, 20130503_234155.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6801016
This is the extent of my cosplay progress so far.

I found a stick.
It's a little burnt.

Luckily the rest of the cosplay is pretty simple, and I have literally nothing else to do in between now and two weeks from now, but still. Agh.

>> No.6813348

>>6813227
>usually you buy up to a certain money amount before they offer tickets
Part of me feels like doing this won't be far off in happening at their events. At least it would enforce their "wear the brand" rule by default.

>> No.6813353

>>6813081
>I just don't care about the Lolita culture.

Your post hit a nerve because even within Lolita culture we get noobs/poorfags/idiots who complain about tea parties and we are tired of explaining this over and over. But I will give you the less-cunty version.

Think of a band you aren't particularly interested in - imagine they are performing at acen and there's an event where you can pay extra to have lunch with the band. So if you aren't a fan of the band, you aren't expected to be interested in the event. The point of this tea party is for fans of the brands that are hosting it, and it's considered good etiquette to wear those brands (the designers will be there mingling and such). And to go back to the band metaphor, imagine you had to wear one of the band's t-shirts to the thing. If you were their fan, you'd either be okay with buying one or maybe have one in the closet already. As for the $50, that's not crazy considering most afternoon tea services in hotels are in the $30-$50 range just for food with no "entertainment" (party games, meeting designers, raffles etc.) In Japan, brand-sponsored tea parties often have a minimum purchase requirement that is way more than $50.

There's lots of other lolita stuff at acen (panels, fashion shows, meetups) that don't have a dresscode or ticket price for people who aren't into those specific brands and/or don't/can't pay the extra ticket price. For people who don't/can't wear a full outfit by those designers, it's considered acceptable (but maybe not ideal) to just wear some accessories by those designers.

>> No.6813362

>>6813348
I think they can't require that since it's still an ACen event on some level? ACen still has to sell the tickets to make sure they are linked to badges, and I don't know how they could enforce a minimum requirement from a booth or separate online retailer.

>> No.6813374
File: 440 KB, 500x445, 1342054045235.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6813348
>>6813362
don't think they're ever going to do that at a convention. a (relatively cheap) price of 50 dollars + wearing something as simple as otks/a ring/etc, hell you could even borrow something, is a lot more friendly sounding to non-lolis/potential new customers then the usual spend 300+USD and then get offered to buy a 25-50 dollar ticket.

>> No.6813381

>>6813374
Yeah, the spending $300 thing makes more sense when the party is held in conjunction with the brand's shop.

>> No.6813552

Does anyone have the full schedule yet? I NEED TO START PLANNING. I can not survive without utilizing my compulsive planning.

>> No.6813601

>>6813552

Like...panels?

>> No.6813605

>>6813601
panels and events and everything, just in one nifty package.

>> No.6814025

>>6813374
>>6813362
I went to the tea party for Chantilly and Atelier Pierrot at SakuraCon and these rules are pretty much a direct copy and paste. The only difference is we didn't have to wear any sort if brand, just lolita. And yes, they can enforce it, they even turned a person away for not wearing lolita (she was wearing some Pinky Pie gijinka and just had light pink hair and a simple green dress with flowers). So yeah, I mean if they can stop you from entering without a ticket, they can easily stop you at the door for not wearing the dress code.

One nice thing they did was allow those who bought a ticket to shop at the Harajuku Hearts booth for an hour before anyone else so they could buy lolita if needed. Don't see that here.

>> No.6815090

>>6813353
Thank you, this is what I was looking for. If I was into the culture then I should hope to know but since I am not, I was unaware of the concept and assumed ACen was just trying to milk money off people.

Thank you for being helpful and not cunty.

>> No.6815108

>>6813552
>>6813601
>>6813605
Speaking of which, when is they gonna release that guidebook app this weekend?

Slow ass niggas I swear.

>> No.6815121

>>6815090
>Thank you for being helpful and not cunty.

>Original post was cunty
>expected non-cunty replies in return

>> No.6815271

>>6815090
>make a bitchy cunty whiny post
>wawww people aren't holding my hand

>> No.6815590

>>6815121
>>6815271
Original post said, what the fuck is this shit? I sense a snarky tone there, Not flat out cunty nor whining. Get over yourselves.

>> No.6815639

>>6815590
>telling someone else to get over themselves
>original post was whining about a $50 price for lolita-specific high tea with prizes/events/fashion designer meet&greet

Mmhmmm

>> No.6815906
File: 1.32 MB, 960x1280, SSPX0049.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6801016
Ita mode activated. Cheap, ebay dress to boot. Hate me. Though I didn't put on my choker and my hair isn't styled either since I have to wash it. Sorry for the low quality, my actual camera's batteries died. What would be a good style for someone wearing a sew in to avoid the braids showing?

>> No.6815908

>>6815906
why?

>> No.6816900
File: 1.25 MB, 300x169, tumblr_mm2unw6B1O1rz5os9o1_400.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6815108
I'm looking at the staff preproof right now. They're fine tuning it to the very last right now. Looks pretty nice! There's an option to check for updates as you go. Make sure you're out in the hotel lobby or outside if you'd like to make any updates since the wifi can be pretty spotty in the area. Shouldn't be too much longer. Otherwise, the panels and cosplay schedules are at least up on the forums:
http://www.acen.org/forums/index.php/topic/44324-final-panel-programming-schedule/
http://www.acen.org/forums/index.php/topic/43697-gatherings-2013-schedule-up/

>> No.6816906

>>6815906
I hope this is a misfire and that you aren't planning to wear this monstrosity outside your house, let alone to ACen...

>> No.6816912

>>6815906
don't.

>> No.6817053
File: 2.99 MB, 502x282, 1357031358890.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

anyone else apply to be a model for atelier/chantilly? I got an email back yesterday saying I was accepted!

>> No.6817539

>>6816906
I didn't even know /cgl/ existed until recently, way after I got it. But I I can't take it back and I payed for it, so I'm wearing it. I'm well aware, now, that it isn't even half up to what people would expect, but I feel comfortable and nice in it so I'm happy. Kinda like that one who always got talked about in school but didn't care since they were having fun. Which I intend to do.

>> No.6817590

>>6817539
this is why people think lolitas are freaks.

>> No.6817780

>>6817539
No... It's not like you're the person dressing weird, it's like you're the person who's dressing in trash bags.

>> No.6817860

>>6815906
You look like a trashy hooker in cheap clothes that's just gotten done with a 'client' in that everything.
Burn everything. except the boots if you're planning to get into the bdsm scene.
also your boobs look saggy, get a better bra.

>> No.6817870

>>6817780
>>6817860
I love you too.

>> No.6817897
File: 496 KB, 500x240, tumblr_m8vajw2lph1qatoopo1_500.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6817870
You can wear what you want, but... please don't tell anyone you are wearing lolita or show up at any meetups wearing that. It really does look more "sex worker" than anything. If you want to do something with it, you might be better off using it as the base for a Halloween costume. I don't mean to be harsh, but that is literally one of the worst outfits I've seen. Did you do any research at all before you got into this? Not knowing /cgl/ existed doesn't really excuse it as there are loads of blogs, livejournals, sites like hellolace?

>> No.6817912

>>6817897
I'm not going to any meet ups. I just wanted to wear it. Simple.

>> No.6817968

So...are we just done with guests?

>> No.6817969

>>6817912
Just wear it Saturday night, you'll fit right in with all the stupidly-dressed raver kids and no one will give you a second look.

>> No.6818044

>>6817968
Looks like it.

>> No.6818083

>>6817968
ken said one more but i dont freaking know if that's even happening lol. considering they're so late with the schedule as is. You'd think they'd have added the last guest already if they were getting the schedule out

>> No.6818086

>>6817968

El Ken:

" I'm honestly not sure what happened with 5 of the VAs we were reaching out to or were in negotiations with. Other than those, there is one more person I'm working with. At this point, I think we will only be looking at 1 more guest, tops. Sorry the guest list is a little light this year (quantity-wise)!"

>> No.6818092
File: 61 KB, 500x500, amazing sunday.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6788077
words cant really describe the anger i feel about these commenters.... instead i am going to post a picture of sweet sugar death. I am in the last 2 weeks of healthy diet and exercise so I dont embarrass myself in my nidalee cosplay. Thanks to acen and my love for cosplaying I have lost 32 pounds in the last year and a half (yeah it may not be much, but it was an important loss for me going from being 5'5" 168 to 136) I have gone to acen since I was 16 and am now 23, and i will always love acen and all the attendees, really just amazing experiences every single year for me. I always leave happy and excited for the next year!

>> No.6818098

>>6816900
Does this not include the main programming? Masq, Anime Hell/Midnight Madness aren't there.

>> No.6818162

>>6818086
>I'm honestly not sure what happened

Isn't this... his department? How do you not know.

>> No.6818188

>>6796442
which day are you going to go wigglytuff gijinka? I was going to bring my lucario one from last year as an extra cosplay!

>> No.6818190

>>6818162
> I'm honestly too embarrassed to say what happened

>> No.6820221

>>6818190
The final guest I was working with has fallen through as well. Other than an educational guest that I have yet to announce, this will complete the guest list for 2013. As I said before, sorry the list is a little short this year, but I'm happy with the selection overall. I'll be a lot closer to my ideal numbers next year (1/3 Japanese guests, 1/3 American guests, 1/3 Japanese culture-related guests).

Does this mean there will be a better budget next year?

>> No.6820236

>>6818092
(Don't undersell your accomplishment. Some people can't lose 10 points in half a year, let alone 32.)

>> No.6820397

>>6820221

I hope so....because besides Kalafina, this guest list this year is pretty damn bland. Don't get me wrong though, I think Acen can recover from a bad guest list. If registration, events, and everything else is run well, that will be waaaay more important and good looking o their part.

>> No.6820472

Anyone know what happened with the guests? It's really surprising for the third largest US con to not have more high profile guests.

>> No.6820632

>>6820472
Guest relations is shitty?

>> No.6820635

>>6820472
It really is. Hell, even Anime World Chicago managed to get Little Kuriboh, Monica Rial, and Todd Haberkorn in their second year, and that was like 1/10 the size of ACEN. Surprised they didn't even get Nabeshin to come again, considering how much he apparently loves Chicago and has been there the last few years.

Oh well, I'm still pretty hyped for Taliesin. He's probably my favorite American ADR Director.

>> No.6820726

>>6820472

Ah, but I'm sure the guest DJs from across the pond are just fantastic

>> No.6820756

>>6820635
AWC surprised me, they're getting to be a decent small con

>> No.6820792

>>6820756
I agree completely. My only problem was running out of stuff to do, but it was still really fun.

>> No.6821299

>>6820635

Didn't Nabeshin just have a heart attack or something?

>> No.6821303

>>6820756

Yeah.....about that.....

http://animechicago.com/announcements/animeworld-to-merge-with-wizard-world/

>> No.6821751

>>6821299
Yeah, only a couple weeks ago.

>> No.6821769

>>6820472
Someone asked: Is there anyway to alter this? Like finding a way to get the word out earlier to various actors, directors, etc on both sides that ACen is excited about making contact and inviting them to the convention?

El ken: No, this year was an odd year. I've never seen so many personal conflicts before. But yes, we will be reaching out much earlier for 2014 (after I take about a 1 month break after con).

Pisses me off a little considering this is my first time going to this con. Figures. First year i go, shit-tastic guest list (to me). I wasn't initially going for the guests but they're definitely a bonus considering much smaller cons would have a harder time getting the higher profile VA's. Guess i'll just see what next year holds. Not holding my breath though.

>> No.6821857

The fuck happened to guest relations? We used to get Yoko Kanno and The Pillows along with a bevy of other international guests easily.

>> No.6822064

>>6821769

Am I the only happy to see more directors than just VA's at least?

>> No.6822071

I'm just pissed that they use the same excuses every year. I honestly am only going to see buddies. They ruined the Hardcore with crap Mcs and the Soapbubble draws more and more kandii fags every year

>> No.6822121

>>6821303
I don't even want to read that, just going off the title.

Why the fuck would anyone want to merge with the scummy, rotten flea market that is Wizard World? It's the absolute worst kind of con that exists just so shitty washed up celebrities can charge people $80 for an illegible scribble while disgusting fat sacks of socially retarded shit waddle around toting their entire comic collections on little carts.

If you've never been, do not make the mistake of thinking that Wizard World is anything like the overblown spectacle that is New York and San Diego Comic-Con. Compared to just about any other anime con you've been to, it's a travesty and a mockery of a convention.

>> No.6822154

>>6822121
Isn't Wizard World one of those... I don't know the word for it, franchise? cons where the quality depends on the location? I've heard WW Philly is one of the shittier, for example.

>> No.6822234

>>6822071

I'm 100% with you on Soap. Hardcore is still fun though. Kors k. needs to come back.

>>6822121

It's beyond fucked up. Wizard World was fucking garbage last year, while AWC was pretty damn good for a con with next to no planning that no one knew existed until literally the week before.

>> No.6822311

>>6822234
I don't know, I mean I stayed at the hardcore for over an hour this year and for the first time did not dance. Not sure what MC started but screaming "Fuck" and "Acen" just wrecked the songs. Now this year no M-project :/

The Soap hasn't had a good year since Amaya and even before that it was never that great . Fucking heavygrinder :/

>> No.6822328

>>6788077
Haha, I used to do ravelinks. I did try to defend the soapbubble. It's fun in it's own rights, and you don't have to worry about narc or it getting shut down, or drugs everywhere.

>> No.6822458

>>6822311
Pretty much any DJ that thinks they can sing over or turn the act of playing some techno and dance music into a performance in the meager setting that is ACen is a total fucking retard.

You play some Daft Punk, you set up some light machines, play some popular dance songs, you play some Daft Punk Remixes, and that's it. Unless you are capable of mixing music on the spot, or unless you've got something like a chiptune artist playing live, put away the guitar, get off the fucking mic. The people aren't showing up to see you. All those hyperactive children were going to show up to the party whether or not you were there.

>> No.6822558

this is my first con and after reading this its making me reconsider it, are there any positives?

>> No.6822572

>>6822558
Eh, it's a very friendly place to meet people and they have a nice sized Artist Alley. Because of the size of the con you'll probably see some very well done costumes ( Optimus Prime in the Hyatt Lobby anyone?)
It used to be ( imo) the best con in the area but with Anime Midwest , C2E2. Kollison ( eh) and AWC it became harder and harder for Acen to compete. Not like they need to , of course. Despite average to sub par guests and disorganization nearly every year attendance steadily increases.

This still isn't the worst con to start with.You could have picked Wizard World.

Positives... Positives...
Oh! The Arcade Gaming in the Hyatt Basement is pretty great . A lot of the 18 plus panels are hilarious. Find events with lines and make buddies. Worst case scenario ( if you are 21 plus that is. Not like the con ever seems to care...) Just get drunk and hang around the Hyatt. Just don't throw anything near the dome.

>> No.6822575

>>6822558
2011 Acen was my first con and I loved how big it was, honestly. Both the artists alley and dealer's room were superb. I've been to a few cons in my state and none have compared of course. My favorite things were going to meetups and getting my picture taken.

The lines to get into certain panels were my main discomfort. Also, the lack of food selection...

It really depends where your interests lie? I'm not big on guests or panels or the dances, I just like to go and buy things and see people. People who are big on the guests/panels/dances may have a completely different opinion than I do.

>> No.6822580

>>6822575
>>6822572
some friends of mine invited me to join not really a fan of anime anymore, but who knows could just be a fun saturday in the windy city.

>> No.6822608

>>6822558
ACen is a pretty okay con that has some good things going for it. The size and attendance means there's tons of people to meet, and the law of averages will ensure that some of them will be pretty cool. Most of the cosplayers are pretty good. The dealer's hall is absolutely huge, so the chances of finding shit you're looking for are much higher.

Just don't expect to get into any of the big events like the Masq or any of the raves.

In short, make sure you have friends to hang out with, because most of the events are pretty lack-luster.

>> No.6822653

>>6822064
Eh nah it's understandable. Pardon my butthurt with it all. Just had some hopes of a few more VA's or guests for that matter.

>> No.6822733

>>6822121
Because AWC's parent company is for-profit.

>> No.6822794

>>6822733
That just means they made an incredibly poor business decision then.

>> No.6826199

>>6822311

>no M-project

Fucking done. Thanks for freeing up my Friday night, anon.

>> No.6826333

>>6826199

Lotta good 18+ panels Friday, get liquored up and go to one

>> No.6826348

>>6826333

Sounds good to me. I'm sorry in advance to whoever's running the Intro to Kamen Rider panel.

>> No.6827124 [DELETED] 

bumping this thread.

are we going to have a seagull meetup or not?

>> No.6827176

New thread

>>6827151