[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 422 KB, 885x572, necklace.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
6994763 No.6994763 [Reply] [Original]

I've been doing some research and /cgl/ you're my last hope. I'm wanting to make Melisandre's necklace, but I've never made jewelry before and I don't know what materials to use, how to bond the pieces, and how to attach the gem.

Here's a reference picture.

>> No.6994775

have you tried etsy? I know its a great site for cosplay things

>> No.6994801

>>6994775

Yes, I have. But I'm looking to make my own.

>> No.6994825

The gems are usually cast out of resin, there are resin kits that could be bought from craft stores or online, or if you are not happy about casting resin (it's expensive and tricky) you might be able to find actual crystal elements (google crystal beads and jewellery components) that have a suitable size and shape. The choker fastener with the lobster claw chain part can be bought at any craft/fabric store.

To be absolutely honest with you, I can't see why you couldn't make the "choker" part out of wire and those brass paper fasteners covered in fimo clay and painted over.

>> No.6994870

High five fellow Melisandre cosplayer!

what costume are you doing?

Have you checked out this website: http://www.isitcontagious.com/melisandre/

she doesn't go into too much detail on how she made her necklace but maybe it'll help?