[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 377 KB, 400x590, 1370398454102.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
7022758 No.7022758 [Reply] [Original]

This is mostly directed at /cgl/'s lolita community, but would any of you be creeped out to have a gay male friend who collects lolita dresses?

I have no intention of wearing the dresses, nor doing anything questionable with said dresses. To me, it's more the aesthetic and collection aspect that interests me, but I feel bad because there are women out there looking for their dream dress and more that likely, I have it just sitting in it's packaging in my closet.

I would LOVE to have a group of lolita friends to lend clothing to just for the love of the fashion. I just really hate to reveal myself after the whole brolitajenny debacle, as now a lot of lolitas are creeped out by any male with an interest in the fashion, however harmless.

Anyhow, have a great day /cgl/ lolitas!

>> No.7022771

You should make a lolita dress rental business.

>> No.7022768

Not at all, especially if you lend/rent me dresses (with the understanding that I will treat them like gold obviously) and you're not creepy about it. There are plenty of men (gay and straight and everything in between) in my comm at least, and no one bats an eye at them because they obviously love the FASHION, not some fetishized sissy fantasy. Brolitajenny is hated because he's a pedophile and a sick, mentally deficient man.

>> No.7022777

I would view that situation like someone who collects dolls or Star Wars toys. They like the items for the aesthetic or emotional value.
I had a straight male friend who collected and modded barbies. There wasn't a creepy sexual aspect to it. He liked beautiful things and collected them.
It is only once it crosses over into fetish territory that it gets creepy. One can have whatever kinks one likes and good luck on that, but they should be kept in the kink communities, not in a fashion/ non sexual one.

>> No.7022784

>>7022771
I feel like while this is a good idea, in reality it would be really difficult to pull off without someone getting ripped off.

The only way I can see it working realistically is by charging retail upfront and then refunding it minus the rental cost and any damage fees after the item is returned. If you didn't, do it this way, it would be way too easy for someone to keep the item, basically getting discount brand with little anyone can do about it. But on the other hand, very few people would be willing to pay full price upfront when the whole point is to save money.

>> No.7022783

If you're not creeping, then do whatever you want with the dresses. If I had a friend who just lent out dresses, that'd be awesome.

The rental thing is a cool idea, although there's so many problems that would likely be near impossible to address. Like how some people just won't give a damn and treat the clothing like crap. Or some people could run off with your clothes. So probably keep it amongst close friends.

>> No.7022799

>>7022784
It could work like a pawn shop, and you could give something else of value as collateral along with the fee?

>> No.7022807
File: 606 KB, 440x237, uC4ODmy.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I feel intrigued by this. My personal reaction would probably be scared, but mostly because I wouldn't like to get involved in something like the brolitajenny thing, asides of that if you speak about it as you do in this thread I would totally understand and even feel exited, it is as you say unusual but a loveley passion/hobby.

>> No.7022849

Honestly? I'd probably be creeped out at first. But as long as you aren't a perverted neckbeard or treating us like a fetish I'd get over it. There's nothing wrong with loving beautiful things, I mean most lolitas consider our dresses works of art and we love them as such. Just because you're a guy and don't want to wear them doesn't mean you can't love and appreciate them. Admittedly if I knew you had my dream dress sitting in your closet NWT I'd probably be sad.