[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 117 KB, 500x374, Kawaii-Lolita-Music-Fabric-Kawaii-Clothes-Blog.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
7121570 No.7121570[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

>What bands or musicians are usually related to the lolita scene?
>What do you listen to when getting ready?
>Recommend music.

>> No.7121576

>>7121570
Malice Mizer, Kanon Wakeshima, Kokusyoku Sumire.
Kyary Pamyu Pamyu, Buck-tick.
>Recommend music.
Uhh. Perfume?

>> No.7121691

i have been waiting for an excuse to post my lolita playlist
hell fucking yes
I've Got My Mind Set on You by George Harrison(dream dress hunting :it's gonna take plenty of money, to do it right child...it's gonna take patience and time")
You Sexy Thing/I believe in miracles by Hot Chocolate (seeing a gorgeous dress i suddenly need)
Killer Queen by Queen(just because)
I Can't Go for That by Hall and Oates (...Whipped Magic)
The Final Countdown by Europe (bidding in an auction)
I Want It All by Queen (self explanatory)
Celebration by Kool and the Gang(winning an auction)
aand that's all i have time for right now

>> No.7121695

>>7121691
Wow you live your life to the soundtrack of a bad comedy movie from the 90's

>> No.7121702
File: 1.70 MB, 2161x3224, 1371309537718.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7121570
>>What bands or musicians are usually related to the lolita scene?
Moon Kana, Malice Mizer, Kanon Wakeshima
>>What do you listen to when getting ready?
Nothing usually
>>Recommend music.
Like always: Yousei Teikoku, Love Solfege, Queen of Wand, Rokugen Alice (六弦アリス), Gothika, Asriel, Sound Sepher, DenKare, Paradise Eve, Aliesia, Land-You, Gothic Marionette, Gildia, Matrica, Starry Garden, Losrosaria, -LostFairy-, Yo no Shikkoku (世の漆黒), Cross Wish, Neko no Fukuin (猫の福音), Ariabl'eyeS, Resonecia, ArsMagna, Symholic...

>> No.7121705

>>7121691
Do I smell the next Lovely Lor video?

>> No.7121718

>>7121570
Malice Mizer, Gackt, Dir En Grey, Kanon Wakeshima, Kokusyoku, Kana, Kyary, other j-rock maybe?

I'm usually rushing around like an idiot without enough time to leisurely play Bach on my phonograph.

>Recommend music.
People usually hate my taste in music, but if I were to recommend something upbeat to get ready to, I would put on Perfume, Daft Punk, Justice, DatA or terrible 90s dance music.

>> No.7121870 [DELETED] 

Kanon Wakeshima, Kyary, pretty much any visual kei band.
Spice girls, Shampoo, Shonen Knife Strawberry Switchblade. Pretty much cute girl bands and synth pop.
>Recommend music.
The 90's station on Pandora. Because if you're driving people around to a meetup, it really gets the party started!!

>> No.7121874

Kanon Wakeshima, Kyary, pretty much any visual kei band.
Spice girls, Shampoo, Shonen Knife Strawberry Switchblade. Pretty much cute girl bands and synth pop.
>Recommend music.
The 90's station on Pandora. Because if you're driving people around to a meetup, it really gets the party started!!

>> No.7121880

>>7121874
Another lolita who likes Stawberry Switchblade, oh my!

>> No.7121884

>>7121880
>oh my!

I hate this thing. I thought people stopped doing it around 2010.

>> No.7121891

>>7121884
good thing you felt the need to post that.

>> No.7121894

>>7121884
Sorry anon, when someone likes your favourite obscure 80s dream pop band I bet you'll respond in a much more sophisticated manor.

>> No.7121897

>>7121695
Dadrock and mompop is unfortunately the lesser of evils in a thread dominated by metal and throwaway flavor-of-the-year gook music.

>> No.7121898

>>7121891
It is seriously annoying and I know it gets on other people's nerves too. It makes me think of someone pulling this face expression >>7113372

>>7121894
They're not obscure, pretty sure most people here have heard of them at the very least.

>> No.7121899

>>7121884
They seem to think that saying "oh my!" is 4edgy8u. But it just makes me cringe, ughhh.

>> No.7121900

>>7121898
>>7121898
>It makes me think of someone pulling this face expression >>7113372
oh my :/

>> No.7121994

>>7121695
not really
I also listen to lots of shit, really
I even have a KPP playlist but that and J-pop/j-rock is all I ever see posted so why not change it up for once?

>> No.7121995

>>7121898
I'm sorry I didn't mean to offend anyone, I was just surprised and omg or oh my gosh would be even more over the top.

I think they are semi-obscure, I know very few people who know of them, even less in my country although they were quite big in Japan (maybe that's why more people would know of them) I also have trouble finding their music (to purchase).

>> No.7122053
File: 191 KB, 500x707, tumblr_mgzy0mRQKH1rybhf1o1_500.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7121570
>>What bands or musicians are usually related to the lolita scene?
All the old VK stuff already mentioned, like Moon Kana, Kanon Wakeshima, Malice Mizer, Moi Di Mois, maybe Baby Metal. Also Ali Project and Misako Aoki and Kyary sort of relates.
>>What do you listen to when getting ready?
When I'm getting dressed for a meet I'll listen to Perfume, Kyary and a little Capsule. Maybe some Hyna, Big Bang and Girls Generation too.
>>Recommend music.
Post-Hardcore lover here so... Dance Gavin Dance, Her Words Kill, old era Alexisonfire and Japanese Voyeurs. Sleeping with Sirens and Pierce the Veil, too.

Where my +18 screamo lolis at? The ones on tumblr are all tweens.

>> No.7122081 [DELETED] 

Malice Mizer, Kyary Pamyu Pamyu, J Pop/J Rock, Velvet Eden.

>> No.7122086

Malice Mizer, Kyary Pamyu Pamyu, J Pop/J Rock, Velvet Eden.
> What do you listen to when getting ready?
I don't listen to anything specifically just what I normally listen to, so artists like The Cure, Kate Bush, Depeche Mode, Tori Amos, The Sisters Of Mercy, Bjork, Radiohead even musicians like Grimes.
>Recommend music.
I'm not too sure as everyone has differing tastes but the above artists are really great.

>> No.7122096

>>7122053
Probably because screamo is fucking awful. Shit isn't even music, it's just wrist-slitting background for edgy teenagers.

>> No.7122098
File: 288 KB, 882x1400, jojos.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Other people more into it than me have already posted the quintessentials.
Sometimes classical piano music, sometimes Nicki Minaj, sometimes dance music. Mostly dance music actually. White Mink Black Cotton is a fun album to listen to, as well.
>Recommend music.
Neon Indian, Anamanaguchi, Mystery Skulls, Studio Killers, Architecture in Helinski, Bag Raiders, Balam Acab, Royksopp, Breakbot, Crystal Castles, Daft Punk, Electric Light Orchestra, The Glitch Mob, The Go! Team, Ladytron, Late Night Alumni, Little Dragon, Los Campesinos!, Matt & Kim, Mum, Nujabes, Passion Pit, Phoenix, Ratatat, Stars, Theophilus London, Toro Y Moi

Wow that ended up being a much bigger list than I really expected. But yeah, that's pretty much my playlist for gettin' my frills on. Gets me pumped and ready to feel fabulous.

>> No.7122110

>>7122096
You don't seem to know what screamo is.

>> No.7122117

>>7122110
This.

We all have different tastes, putting down someone elses' doesn't make yours any more legit.

And I miss the old sage.

>> No.7122122

I dunno... I don't really fallow it.
see screen capped playlist
>Recommend music.
Uh I guess I'll just post what I'm listing to a lot of right now
Arctic Monkeys, Daughter, Iron & Wine, John Mayer's most recent album, Mumford & Sons (don't hate), The Paper Kites, Passenger, and Vampire Weekend. Also my fav band of all time: The Boy Least Likely To

>> No.7122125

see other replies
For gothic I like listening to Malice Mizer, Moi dix Mois or soundtracks to get in the mood (Shiki OST is glorious, and I like music by Nox Arcana as well). Sometimes I go for goth music such as Hildur Gudnadottir, Johnny Hollow or Dead Can Dance. Kalafina does the trick as well.
For classic I prefer, well, classical music.
>Recommend music.
Sound Horizon. Seriously, give them a try. And not one song, but an album, because all their songs are so different from another.

>> No.7122127

>>7122110
No one ever knows what the skramz is

>> No.7122320

>>7121691
On the subject of Queen, Don't Stop Me Now is my theme song for everything.

>> No.7122348

>>7122320
yeah
there are more i could add (like Bobby Vee's "Take Good Care of my Baby") but nah since their lyrics would only be tangentially related at best

>> No.7122394

dramatic neofolk....

>> No.7122724

Everything that's already been listed, but I'm surprised no one mentioned Emily Autumn. I tried listening to some of her songs, but they were annoying. I'm not sure what it was.

I have awful taste in music, and it's always dance music so I don't get lazy getting shit together: Owl City, Calvin Harris, Ludo, Dragonette, and any 90's "greatest hits" that you'd find at a Karaoke bar.

>Recommend music.
Idk. I recently slipped on the dubstep stairs and hit every bass on the way down, so any recommendations might be unintentionally bad. I'm really liking Seven Lions and Sound Remedy.

>> No.7122749
File: 36 KB, 320x316, azarashi.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Not necessarily lolita but this thread is reminding me of the experimental punk band Azarashi. They dress in a style they call "Showa Romanticism". Their first album is pretty great.

>> No.7122807

I think that shibuya kei is really nice, and makes me think of sweet lolitas.
Some groups are Vanilla Beans and Pizzicato 5.
>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siNUm1UaYzc
>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X354642dJ9o

>> No.7123357

>>7122110
No, you don't seem to know.

>wrist-slitting background for edgy teenagers
is 90% accurate. The only thing it's missing is those same teenagers standing around with their arms crossed at a local "show" nodding their head to the beat, just a little.

>> No.7123394

>>7122053
as a fan of screamed vocals (picture me broken, eyes set to kill, atreyu, some COB ect) i would like to inform you that the other responses are correct, screamo is only for 'edgy' wannabes who spend their days complaining how depresssed they are whilst at best they only have minor depression,like the other 33.3% of humanity. as a loli with prog, industrial metal preferences i'd be more than happy for bands like pierce the veil, bvb, and especially alexisonfire to go drown in a pit of dogs balls and stop shitting up the music scene for everyone else.
>Recommended music
yousei teikoku, apocalyptica, 16volt, classical shit (pachelbel canon =<3)

>> No.7123398

>>7122125
eek another JH fan, looking forward to getting my hands on the new album

>> No.7123405

>>7123357
Saetia is regarded fairly well by music critics. You seem to be judging a genre based on the shittiness of some of its fans. This board would be near death if everyone were to apply that standard consistently.

>> No.7123429

>>7123394
Canon in D is entry level

>> No.7123464

>>7123429
i know but it's still pretty, have you any recomendations in regards to classical music?

>> No.7123473

>>7123394
The bands you mentioned are everything but Screamo, faggot.

>> No.7123479

>>7123394
>eyes set to kill
>complaining about edgy wannabes
I lol'd.

>> No.7123484

>>7123464
jaqcues offenbach
julius fucik
tchaikovsky
(julius fucik actually wrote that one military march before somebody remixed it and it became a circus theme)

>> No.7123489
File: 6 KB, 225x225, bleh.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7123473
really? i don't recall stating they were... i mentioned screamed vocals and some of the genres i enjoy, but other than those previously mentioned by anon, all the music listed was not even suggested to be screamo.

>> No.7123497

>>7123489
>may-mays

>> No.7123557

>>7123464
Not the same person, but Alexander Scriabin is one of my favorite composers who I don't see recommended too frequently. His early work finds its inspiration in Chopin, but his later work loses tonality in the traditional sense, cultivating his own system that predicted the atonality of the Second Viennese School.

Two links: the first a wonderful polonaise from his early period, the second one of his late period works, probably his most famous.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jTi3DG7NHM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82DKeZXpSmI

I like Mahler a lot too, although I see him recommended much more often:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ypf4kGQ1IGQ

>> No.7123559

>>7123464
Chopin, Debussey, and Haydn are my favorites, they're pretty basic.

>> No.7123594

>no melting holidays
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qR1xduMo_fI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlkrsKubXY4

>no shibayan records
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwGtGGd2lqw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEbrQpaTqBg

>no hourmelts
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfHwMILrKEI

>no flap+frog
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06jWf4SQehA

>no vanilla beans
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sI4M15I9f2s

>no lucite tokki
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-IZpyBxrIs4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arYUjuFMVYA

>no linus' blanket
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4nzw9W4538

>> No.7123598

Has no-one mentioned Momus yet? He's actually done songs about lolitas (Lolitapop Dollhouse).

>> No.7123714

Malice Mizer/Kyary Pamyu Pamyu/Kaya
Vocaloid stuff I guess, or KPP

>Recommend music
Not exactly loli music, but Meiko Kaji, Dropkick Murphys, The Rumjacks, Katzenjammer, Bliss N Eso, Beck, Rise Against

>> No.7123789

>>7122125
>Dead Can Dance
Anon, you know where the partys at

>> No.7123914

Everyone else listed what I was thinking of except for Nana Kitade

DEATH GRIPS. No, I'm kidding. My playlist is a mess of genres and artists. I don't really listen to anything in particular when getting ready (oddly enough, I frequent /mu/ so you'd think I would have something in particular). I usually save Baroque music for doing homework.

I guess I usually have Gramatik or Nujabes playing for that.

>Recommend music.
St. Vincent, Kimbra, Olafur Arnaulds, Burial, Baths, Purity Ring, Bonobo, Hiatus, Beerjacket, Bill Evans, The Infamous Stringdusters, Blackmill, Blockhead, Little People. Danny Malone, Emancipator, Ohneotrix Point Never, Snowmine, Marcus D, Dj Okawari, Disclosure, chvrches, Gregory and the Hawk, Lemon Jelly

>> No.7123916
File: 810 KB, 320x320, FrillyShake.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7123914
Btw, I think you guys might like this
http://youtu.be/2j1P0ITUzOU

>> No.7124171
File: 254 KB, 511x597, 1376277240885.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7123914
Why would you recommend people music that you don't particularly care for to begin with? You realize that you're supposed to genuinely enjoy a piece before you can reserve the right to honor it, right? Music recommendations are not by implied definition meant to encompass nondescript folderol that /MU or another equally banal group of retards told you to scrobble quietly in the background while you doze off from working hard all night listening inattentively to the sonic equivalence of fresh paint sitting. Recommendations are meant to be heartfelt and recalled with a great personal intensity tempered by your own extensive, internal pondering and deconstruction toward the work(s) in question. Unless you're able to write an essay-length soliloquy of the long-playing record you're suggesting I ought to hear, you have absolutely no place in the wild business of music discussion or other relevant activities pertaining to art analysis; especially for committing such an insidious societal crime that involves leading poor saps who weren't taught better than to ostensibly certify your haphazard, dispassionate opinions (or lack thereof) as anything distinguishable, let alone remarkable. People like you should take the coal you receive from Santa-san each Christmas and eat it.

>> No.7126855

>>7122127
I do...

>>7123489
Posthardcoreloli here. You sound like a dick, bro. If you're in a niche music scene and a niche fashion scene, slagging off other niche things just makes you sound like a douche.

>> No.7131308

>>7123594
You have amazing taste. A+, Anon.