[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 211 KB, 500x398, 1340823835903.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
7213218 No.7213218[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

What are your pet peeves in Lolita?

Lately I've been noticing loads of people wearing wrinkled dresses and it annoys me a lot more than it probably shout. Iron/steam it, it's not difficult unless it's a really delicate material.

>> No.7213219

>>7213218
*should
it's too early for me.

>> No.7213221

New lolitas operating under the assumption that they know all, because it gives OTHER new lolitas wrong information the majority of the time, and fasters the whole 'evil brandwhore lolitists!' attitude when more experienced lolitas try to correct their misconceptions.

>> No.7213229

Calling a dress or whatever "Mint Condition" when it has a stain or something happen to it...
I don't care for stains at all really, but Mint condition literally means Flawless as like it came out the minting factory! I don't know if they're stupid or trying to make a sales gimmick, it pisses me off so much though.
"has a chocolate stain but its still mint condition otherwise!! ^w^"
yeah, I'm sure even if 75% of the dress was smudged with chocolate the remaining 25% is mint condition in reality yes......

>> No.7213233
File: 31 KB, 479x434, 1317333201493.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Sales Pet Peeves
>people commenting negatively about the price on people's public sales posts
>people posting stupid, irrelevant comments in general on sales posts ("durr WISH I HAD THE MONEY :c")
>US sellers who say "US BUYERS ONLY"
>European (especially Eastern European) buyers who want you to give them a payment plan for a <$100 item and additionally that you should include tracked worldwide shipping for free
Clothing Pet Peeves
>when a blouse that is supposed to fit your bust "gaps" at the buttons
>when you accidentally break the thread when making a ruffle... a LONG ruffle
>scratchy lace, especially if it's around the collar
Community Pet Peeves
>newbies who don't read the FAQ pinned on the comm page and then proceed to ask questions covered in detail there
>newbies who give other newbies advice on coords as though they've been wearing the fashion for years and know exactly what they're doing (fluffyrabidkitten)

>> No.7213243

>>7213229
Maybe it was mint chocolate

>> No.7213249

>people bitching that a coord is ITA just because its plain or has a SINGLE accessory they don't like

>> No.7213282

People who have been in the fashion for years who still dress like shit.

>> No.7213286

>people who buy a wig before a petticoat
>dreadlocks and afros in lolita
>wearing a long peignoir, cpk style in lolita
>fat lolitas
>mismatched shoes

>> No.7213287

People who tell me their non-stretchy items are extremely elastic, me believing so, and not being able to fit said item.

>> No.7213292
File: 15 KB, 523x497, 1337441030858.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

When people judge me for wearing bodyline.
I don't wear any of the lace monsters. I make cute coords using clothes that I can afford... So sue me. I honestly think some of the bodyline dresses are cuter than all the Angelic Pretty melty donut bullshit.

If I could afford victorian maiden I would but this is not a perfect world.

>> No.7213336

>>7213249
people whiteknighting coords that are really bad, but then list of how they would be fine if they changed ever single about them.

>> No.7213343

People who think that simply because a girl is not petite that she can't dress herself and doesn't deserve brand.

>> No.7213345

People liking my sales on fb comm. WHY. It doesn't bump the post, it doesn't indicate you're interested in buying and doesn't inform your friends who might be. All it does is frustrate me with a short-lived false hope. Stop it.

>> No.7213350

>>7213243
damn, you beat me to it

>> No.7213359

>>7213292
Every weeks I see a VM skirt go for less than 50€ on mbok or yahoo auction, quit trying to justify yourself. Nobody cares you are wearing BL, if you really wanted to do otherwise you could.

>> No.7213360

>>7213233
>when you accidentally break the thread when making a ruffle... a LONG ruffle
AAAAAAAUGH I wasted so much time on that when I just started sewing lolita stuff!
What I now do with really long ruffles is, I take a fine but sturdy cord, lay it on the edge of the fabric where I want to ruffle it, then zigzag over it with my machine. You have to be careful to make it straight and not stitch the cord to the fabric, but if you do it right you can just pull on the cord and ruffle that motherfucker up in less than a minute. You can even reuse the cord afterwards once you've sewn the ruffle on. It probably won't work with really delicate fabrics, though.

>> No.7213362

>>7213292
people who think they being judged for wearing bodyline and whine "but if iu could afford brand then i would but i cant so stop hating!!!!!"

>> No.7213364

>>7213233
>people who whine about US buyers or whatever country they live in.

some people feel cormfatable selling in their own countries. i just started selling online and i only selling within the US. since its less of a hassle for me and the buyer more or less

>> No.7213366

>>7213286
The mismatched shoes were the only things I've ever liked about ott sweet coords. It just struck me as adorable for some reason.

My pet peeve are those princess bell sleeves on blouses and OPs. I hate them and I can't handle it when I see them. I just think they ruin the whole coord.

>> No.7213367

>>7213292
People who put down brand because they can't afford it. Stop being bitter. Also, no one care's about BL anymore.

>> No.7213374

>Greesy hair/face with lolita
>People saying how they are poor yet texting or their new IPhone
>People saying it's easier for you because you have "you'r daddy's money" even tought they don't know you or your familly at all.
>People whining about how expensive is lolita (bitch, how about a designer bag ?)
>You'r too "...." for lolita

I also dislike how suddenly everyone is into classi and ruin the simple yet georgeous aesthetic.
And I hate people who decide to go to any subfashion to perfectly follow all the trends of this very street fashion without questionning it then saying that they are much more valuable and creative than mainstream fashion wearer. This is really the worst.

>> No.7213376

>>7213364
Plus it's impossible to track outside the US unless anyone wants to pay assloads for EMS shipping (in the US it's expensive). So it's just an extra measure of protecting yourself. You don't know if you're buyer's gonna be like "Well I paid for it and I never got it!" but they actually did get it. Or maybe it got lost in god only knows where?

I sell outside the US, but this is always my concern.

>> No.7213377

>>7213376
You also get tracking with priority mail international. I just shipped something a week ago with full tracking updates to the UK.

>> No.7213379

EGL Sales/ Trades
>people who ask questions that are already answered in my sales post/terms of sales
>people who offer me Sweet lolita even though I clearly stated in my sales post which styles I'm interested in and that I'm not looking for Sweet Lolita at all.
>people who offer offbrand crap for my brand prints
>people who claim they are interested in an item/ ask tons of questions and then never reply again

>people offering me a less known item for trade and not including a stock or proof picture of the item so I have no clue what it looks like
If you want to make your trade offer look interesting to me please include a goddamn picture. I'm not familiar with every print that has ever been released in the history of lolita and it bugs me that I have to look up everything. And not everything is easy to find on google or listed on lolibrary or hellolace.

>people sending me proof pictures which are not their own.
happened a couple of times already. One girl even gave me a link of one of my own pictures claiming it was her proof picture and after I found itout she was like "oh I'm sorry, I could take a proof pic myself but the quality would be bad, so I rather showed you this one". This is not how proof pictures are supposed to work..

The list could go on, but these are the things that bug me the most.

>> No.7213380

>>7213364
*comfortable
*it's

Did you not pass elementary school?

>> No.7213382

>>7213377
Tracking on Priority Mail International does not count as "real" tracking by Paypal anymore. Thanks, USPS!

>> No.7213385

>>7213377
Hmm, I got that on the last package I sent to France and it tracked it straight to the US border and no updates after that. Even a week later.

>> No.7213387

>>7213233
>>US sellers who say "US BUYERS ONLY"
>>European (especially Eastern European) buyers who want you to give them a payment plan for a <$100 item and additionally that you should include tracked worldwide shipping for free

You do realize that's why a lot of US sellers say "US BUYERS ONLY," right?

>> No.7213389

>>7213385
*a week later -- after the package had arrived.

>> No.7213390

>>7213382
are... are you kidding? wtf paypal?

>> No.7213394

>>7213385
I bought a dress from the US a few months ago, it only cost like $30 and had updating tracking. It updated when it arrived in my country, I don't see how sellers find it so unreliable. A package can go missing shipping through your own country too.
But I guess it would be easier finding where it faulted when shipping though the same country rather than overseas... But there is no guarantee that you will get it back.
Still there is always insurance, it's not that expensive, I insured a parcel for $800 once, it only cost me around $10.

>> No.7213398

>>7213390
http://www.ebay.com/gds/International-Shipping-for-Clothing-and-Small-Items-/10000000009240947/g.html

Ems or bust.

>> No.7213409

>>7213360
I mostly had this problem when I was trying to do one line of stitching to ruffle it. With two (and perhaps a more experienced hand, as well) I don't have that problem anymore. Some people even do three rows but I think that's excessive. Another trick I learned was to break the long ruffle into shorter sections of ruffle and do each one individually, then sew them all together. This way I don't have to shit my pants because 220cm of ruffle snapped at 200cm.
>>7213364
Of course it's much more comfortable, but depending on what you're selling, reaching the widest audience possible may be in your best interests. The only real hassle of int'l shipping is having to fill out an extra form on USPS's website and the buyer having to pay shipping, but like I said if it's already a $300 dress, an extra $25 for tracked priority mail shouldn't break them.
>>7213387
I'm not gonna go on record saying all E. European lolis are like that, just that it's been my experience that a majority of them are. Still, Slovenia or wherever is a small portion of the world you could be offering your items to. It's just a pet peeve of mine, I'm not trying to make it illegal.

>> No.7213437
File: 3 KB, 184x172, 1368998087931.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7213286
>mfw i love afros in lolita but I know it'll never happen

>> No.7213445

>>7213409
>an extra $25 for tracked priority mail shouldn't break them.

I'm confused. You're admitting that at least a significant amount of European buyers want US sellers to ship for free... but... then you say "Oh, nawww, it won't break people." Which is it?

>> No.7213526

>>7213374
I don't understand how people are ruining classic?

>> No.7213558

>>7213526
I can't speak for them, but the itas leaking from sweet and into classic also bring the ita with them, personality and coord sense.

>> No.7213566

My biggest pet peeve as a frequent is probably people asking me five million questions about an item and then saying, "Teehee, I actually don't have the money for this right now, but thanks! ^_^"

Also, overseas sellers who don't disclose the item's real condition or don't ship it for weeks.
One girl in particular sold me a dress with a totally frazzled corset ribbon, and she waited so long to ship it (saying, "oh, sorry, I'm actually on vacation for two weeks!!") that by the time it reached me (coming from the EU to the US) it was too late for me to open a PP dispute.

>> No.7213573

>>7213526
I personnaly dislike the new print trend in classic, it's awful most of the time and really hard to coordinate, plus people tend to do exactly like they did in sweet : putting the OTT part over the quality of real classic lolita clothing.

>> No.7213583

>>7213374
While I can't say anyone is ruining classic, I'm worried about the sudden influx of classic wearers. My dream dresses are all MM and IW and now I have more competition to buy them.

>ah bloo bloo bloo

>> No.7213597

>>7213573
You mean like the painting dresses, or just in general. The printed tights with printed dress thing gets on my nerve a lot; like, just because the prints match doesn't mean it looks good. I do love OTT classic, but it's best when people pay attention to how details work together.

>>7213583
Aw, man, I didn't even think about that. I don't think most new classic wearers go for traditional classic pieces, though, they go for really flashy ones.

>> No.7213620

>>7213597
The prints also bother me also, but thats because I find them a little ridiculous. I like the minimal prints though.

Thats what bothers me, flashy classic pieces.

>> No.7214239

>>7213286
so they're not allowed to wear lolita because they have an afro or dreads? Not all of us can wear wigs.

I hate this shit sometimes, sorry all of us can't damage our hair so it looks more presentable to you.

>> No.7214260

>>7214239
You know this is the pet peeves thread, right?

>> No.7214275

>>7214239
I don't understand how wearing a wig on top of your hair damages it. Explain?

>> No.7214286

>>7214239
>>7214275
Anon is referring to the straightening and/or perming and/or other chemical treatments that many black girls do to get their hair straight and lolita-friendly. Shit will make you bald by the age of 26.

>> No.7214307

>>7214275
Wearing a wig can damage through friction.

>> No.7214312

>>7214260

I guess criticism of her dreads/afros is a peeve, from how defensive she got.

My pet peeve? Newbies who have to ask everything about everything. I learned everything through lurking here and google - is it that hard to do so?

>> No.7214314

>>7214286
I'm 25 and have been getting my hair relaxed since I was 5, my hair is happy and healthy

>> No.7214322

>>7214275
Most people with dreads/afros cannot fit wigs over their heads anyways. They may mean straightening or wearing weaves, which is damaging too. Not a lot of black girls go natural anyway.

>> No.7214326

>>7214286

>>7214314 is right. As long as you take care of your hair, and don't overprocess it, relaxing your hair isn't going to make it all fall out. You're not supposed to put it on your scalp, anyway, which is where most ladies go wrong. You put as far down on your new growth as you're willing.

>> No.7214346
File: 1.76 MB, 245x245, tumblr_mwmrfnGvYm1r7i2rko2_250.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7214314
suuuure

I bet you still have all your baby hair too, huh?

>> No.7214358

>>7214239
You can wear lolita, just don't expect to look any good in it.

>> No.7214363

>>7214314
Getting your hair done since you were 5??
I thought I was too young for a straightener at 14

>> No.7214390

>Star clips on everything.
They're not a membership badge. You can be a Lolita without one.

Also:
>Unkempt natural hair or ratty unstyled wigs
>"Lolitas are supposed to be _______! (;n;) But they're all bitches!!1!"
>Long cardigans.
>Shoehorning the word "Lolita" in as often as you can.
eg: "Oh, by the way, I'm actually a Lolita!" on every single facebook profile picture, even when you wear lolita maybe 4 times a year, or
"My LOLITA shoes, a LOLITA bag, I wore my new LOLITA dress blah blah blolitah blah..." when you're talking to a group of Lolitas. We're just going to assume that's what you're talking about, you know?

>> No.7214395

>>7213366
WHAT NO what's wrong with princess sleeves
princess sleeves are my faaaaavorite garment detail ever. except I am also terrified of them because I know myself to be a clumsy ass and they will invariably end up dipped in soup or brightly colored jam.

>> No.7214414

>>7213398
This is somewhat outdated. You're covered with tracked Priority mail for items under $250, but need signature confirmation (and therefore EMS) for anything over that. Also, USPS now offers international first class postage online, which has free tracking to some countries which again counts for anything under $250. Not all of them, but it includes the UK, Australia, Germany and some others.

>> No.7214429

My lolita pet peeve is that people feel entitled to other people's dresses for x y or z reasons.
"fatties shouldn't be stretching out my brand!"
"She doesn't deserve that dress because someone else bought it for her!!"

I've had people gripe at me because I am sort just collecting dresses until I feel like I have lost enough weight to try them on as I don't want to stretch out shirring or bust a seam. But I guess that isn't good enough. I guess I'm not even allowed to own nice things and take care of them as long as some skinny pretty girl wants to have it.

>> No.7214478

>>7214429
ehhhhh
i think this only applies to resellers.
I could understand being pissed at seeing a Cat's Tea Party with busted seams for sale.

>> No.7214501

>>7214390
>>Star clips on everything.
I do this, sorry.

>This need to totally shoe horn SJW stuff into lolita culture.
I think a kind and all-accepting attitude suits lolita best, because we all dress outside of the norm anyway so picking each other apart because of race or lifestyle seems hypocritical, but I don't see why lolita blogs are the place for aggressive tumblr politics.

>Girls that constantly namedrop their efamous lolita friends
I still haven't gotten over my first meet where one girl was just like "Oh my friend ___ really likes that to", "My friend ___ says blah blah", "Have you seen my friend ___'s tumblr?".

>> No.7214506

>>7214390
>star clips
When I first started lolita as a young little noob I thought I needed one. It was like a badge in my mind.
>still have never owned one

>> No.7214508

>>7214478
I've had people be really rude to me about never wearing anything I own and that if I don't wear them that I should sell them. I've also had girls pretty much demand that I give them dresses so that they don't just sit in my closet unused. I always just politely tell them my collection isn't for sale and then they get even more upset.

>> No.7214509

>Those who support replicas and try to justify it by blaming the brand ("AP doesn't fit me!" "I shouldn't have to pay $300 for a dress!" etc) and cannot get it through their heads that these companies don't owe them luxury dresses. If someone was like "Yup, I like replicas. I know it's stealing and not cool, but I don't really care" then I wouldn't give even half the fucks, but I've seen maybe three people like that out of hundreds and hundreds of entitled bitches who refuse to save or find affordable alternatives to brand other than counterfeits.
>People who scream ita at anything they don't like, even if it's totally acceptable
>The idea that brand can't be ita
>People who get butthurt over sellers charging too much for an item even though it successfully sold
>When strangers think it's totally okay to grab my dresses at cons without permission just because it's their ~*~dream print~*~
>Angelic Pretty
>Wigs in 90% of cases
>The idea weeaboos have that Japanese lolitas are superior
>Photoshop abuse
>Itas who refuse to learn

Yeah, mine are pretty standard

>> No.7214512

>>7214506
I hated them until Merry Making in the Ghost Town came out and now I really want a gold one because I think it would match the red version of that print really well. For those who haven't seen close-ups and probably think I'm on crack, there's lots of gold on it, including stars.

>> No.7214514

My number one pet peeve of lolita is how intensely judgmental a huge portion of the participants are when it comes to physical appearance.

Can we not just have a moment to appreciate the irony in that given what we're all wearing, I means seriously.

>> No.7214518

>>7214395
I love them too! I think they look so elegant.

>> No.7214525

I dislike it when girls carry around a stuffed animal.
Like if it's not for a photo shoot or something, I think it's too much.

>> No.7214524

>>7214509
>If someone was like "Yup, I like replicas. I know it's stealing and not cool, but I don't really care" then I wouldn't give even half the fuck, but I've seen maybe three people like that out of hundreds and hundreds of entitled bitches
You don't see much of us because we don't think our opinions are a big deal, so we don't post about it.
It's only the insanely egocentric girls that think they're on a crusade that post about their opinions on replicas.

I guess it's like how most popular myths about lolita start, because only the OTT people voice their crazy opinions, and the quiet mellow people never feel the need to voice their quiet and mellow outlooks.

>> No.7214534

>>7214525
Do you dislike the stuffed animal brand bags as well?

>> No.7214537

>>7214525
Agreeing with this, it's pretty weird. I don't mind little ones attached to bags or whatever (or ones that are themselves bags) but when someone's just carrying around a teddy bear or something, it smacks of ageplay to me.

>> No.7214540

>>7214534
Not as much; least the bags have some use.

>> No.7214544

>>7214525
oh man i read stuffed animal as like...taxidermy

I was in loli at a con in AZ and some girl was running around with a taxidermized ferret...she was like "I stuffed it myself!" she asked me to touch it. and I did. It was a little creepy.

>> No.7214548

>>7214544
da fuq

>> No.7214681

>>7214395
I love them too, but mine have ended up in my food multiple times

>> No.7214694

>>7214395
Know what I really hate. Cap sleeves on blouses. I thrift blouses and I'll find the cute loliable blouse and they'll have god damn cap sleeves. Damn things make my arms look even bigger. I really need to make new sleeves.

>> No.7214699

>>7214544
The fuck Az comm..

>> No.7214717

>people who insist heavy make up is necessary for lolita
>people assuming every lolita who prefers brand or only owns brand is elitist and hates offbrand
>people who are bitchy to skinny lolitas because they can fit into brand

>> No.7214741

>>7214694
Oh God this, cap sleeves will be the end of me. I find a perfect blouse, and then it has those awful things, but I buy it anyway because I like it enough to consider doing new sleeves. And then I never make them and I have a big stack of forever unwearable stuff.

>> No.7214769

>>7214694
THIS. Oh my gosh I cannot do cap sleeves. I don't even have fat arms and cap sleeves make me look huge. I don't understand. Who do cap sleeves look good on?

>> No.7214899

>>7213374
I honestly reckon sweet is dead. The latest sweet prints out are typically embarrassing! The more popular ones all have a slight classic feel to them, so I can definitely see that transition

Does anyone else feel AP is starting to do this? Its like more publicly wearable sweet is the new sweet.

>> No.7214900

>>7214769
You know, what's funny is the typical adult female would choose a cap sleeve over anything more flattering for blouse-wear

>> No.7214903

>>7214899
People always say this, but i dont see how day dream carnival, fancy paper dolls and melty cream donut can be considered not sweet. Also, when i go to meets, half the people at least are wearing a pastel AP print. Idk

>> No.7214907

>>7214899
Old school sweet was way more easy to wear in public.
Sweet with a hint of classic = hime, like Eternal Rose. Eternal Rose can b worn in classic but hell it's har to make it work. I like hime, but classic is not hime.

>> No.7214913

Facial piercings. In Gothic lolita these could sometimes be tolerated, but they don't go well at all with sweet and classic. It isn't hard to take them out either.

When I can't go to a meet with a maximum capacity because to many people are bringing their sisters, boyfriends, friends who don't know squat about lolita. It's great to know I missed out on a good time with friends so that you're boyfriend can play angry birds on his IPhone for a few hours.

>> No.7214946

>>7213221

Fuck this whole 'if you correct me than you're a lolitist!' shit.

>> No.7214947

I find the entire concept of "elitists" in lolita laughable. If anybody ever talks about "elitists" seriously, I genuinely consider them an idiot from then on out.

>> No.7214951

Skeleton tights with a coord with nothing else 'skeleton' on it.

Like, no cute little bone necklace, no bone hairclip, nothing. Just random tights. What possesses anyone to think that it looks good?

>> No.7214954

>>7214769
I read somewhere that they're good for wearing underneath a fitted cardigan or blazer since there's no excess material bunching up in the shoulder/armpit area. To me, this suggests they're not supposed to be seen...
I really don't understand why they're so popular. I have stick thin arms but they make my shoulders look ridiculously wide. I've never seen them look good on anyone, so hiding them underneath a blazer sounds like a great idea.

>>7214694
>>7214741
Also this but with terrible scratchy lace that's sewn on in such a way that you need to rip multiple seams to replace it. It's easy enough that I think "oh, I'll just add some cute lace and it'll be perfect" but not easy enough for me to actually do it apparently. Why do so many people like horrible scratchy lace?

>> No.7214962

>>7214951
But Anon, they're black and black goes with everything, teehee! Even all pastel outfits!

>can you tell my pet peeve

>> No.7214964
File: 962 KB, 500x258, mean girls.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7214947
Clearly people who think there are 'elitists' in the lolita community have never been associated with the goth community. My friend once got shunned because she wore a pink shirt one time. Pic related.

Of course there are stuck up dicks in every fashion but with lolita, the only stuck up dicks I've ever met were really badly dressed and trying to convince me brand was the devil. Okay? More delicious devilspawn for me, thank you.

>> No.7214971
File: 22 KB, 320x245, jiggypuff.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7214962

I know a girl who's idea of gothic is a black dress, a tiara, and skeleton tights.

> mfw

>> No.7214972

>>7214964
Girls being anti-brand elitists is the thing I'll never understand. I get being snobbish about having expensive imported japanese clothes, but being snobbish about lack thereof?

Is it like with holier-than-thou replichans where they believe supporting a chinese knock-off factory is more righteous than supporting japanese brands because "they're poorer/less racist/less greedy/not sizist/etc"?

>> No.7214979
File: 438 KB, 2598x1733, cindy-aus-marzahn[1].jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>morbidly obese girls who wear pink dresses and blonde wigs

>> No.7214989

>teenage newbies who think anyone beyond 25 is a wrinkly old hag who looks horrible in lolita
bitch you'd still be wearing cat ears and cosplay-lolita dresses from ebay if it weren't for us and the community we created

>> No.7214997

>>7214979
As opposed to wearing unwashed walmart sweatpants and wifebeaters that smell like cheese?
Nyah, at least pink dresses and smelling like cheap cupcake perfume is less depressing than that.

>> No.7215140

>>7214717
You and I are one

>> No.7215155

>>7213374
You know you can get iPhones for free with certain plans, right?

>> No.7215157

>>7214358
>when people say natural hair can't look good in lolita when it's cute

>> No.7215166

>>7215155
IPhone or any expensive gadget obviously

>> No.7215175

>>7215166
Poor people can save for nice things, too. I don't think a couple hundred bucks is enough to pull them out of poverty, honestly. It could help out with necessities but it won't magically make them not poor so complaining about them getting nice things to make life more pleasant is pretty dumb to me.

>> No.7215184

>>7214979
Are you from Germany? :D

pet peeves:
>Skirts/dresses with over 9000 bows that you have to tie every 2 seconds
>Pastel goth. No. Don't try to make it work. It never will.
>Split wigs
>Itas thinking brand is evil
>Itas thinking every brand dress costs $500
>"Look guys, a _________-fandom outfit!!
>"Look guys, a homestuck outfit!

>> No.7215186

>>7215175
The point the other anon wanted to made is that if they can buy a 700$ phone, they can buy a 150$ dress instead. It's just the fact they make this choice then complin about it

>> No.7215190

>>7215186
>>7215166
>>7215175

in b4 SJW debate
get that shit to tumblr, no one here cares

>> No.7215197

>>7215190
Fuck off, I just don't pity people complaining about their won choice, it's one of my pet peeve and it's apparently the right thread to post in it.

>> No.7215201

>>7215190
That isn't really a SJW debate. Also, SJW debates happened on here like crazy before anyone even knew that the fuck Tumblr was. It's just that no one identified them as SJWs and they didn't take it quite as far. Not sure why people act like it's a new thing.

>> No.7215204
File: 16 KB, 125x125, Yotsuba_Glorious!.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7215197

Yep, please post more, I would like to hear you complain over and over again.

>> No.7215203

>>7215197
Too bad it's fucking retarded.

>> No.7215205

>"Can I bring my Boyfriend?!~ ^ - ^"

Aurgh. If they're not actively participating and being a depressing bored slump in the corner - stop wasting space and stop toting around your boyfriend like some sort of slave.

I swear half the girls that do this just don't give two shits about the guy and are using him to look better.

>> No.7215207

>>7215197
What do you mean complaining about their own choice? If they chose not to buy that expensive gadget they would still be poor and they would probably still complain if they complained before.
I get what >>7215186 is saying, but a phone is far more functional than a dress. Complaining all the time is obnoxious, though.

>> No.7215216

>>7215205
A lot of girls think having a "prince" makes them more lolita. This is a hilariously common phenomenon in the fashion. The best part is when they make them wear awful kodona or dadny outfits.

>> No.7215248

>>7215216
I could only imagine bringing my boyfriend if he was interested in what we were doing that day, and still... He hates suits, so I'd probably leave him at home unless he came up with something nice to wear.

Thats my pet peeve, I suppose, boyfriends in lazy or downright gross clothing at meets. We're all dressed up, at least make the effort to somewhat blend in.

>> No.7215401

>>7214544
wat
>>7214699
Not one of ours, there would have been secrets

>> No.7215427

>>7215248
Would being effay be considered lazy?

>> No.7215441

>>7214947
I know, right? Like isn't the entire point of participating in a fashion-based hobby to look as good as humanly possibly, thus achieving some kind of "elite" status?
So frowning on girls who pour their heart and soul into the style, look great and WANT to offer HELP achieves...? Honestly I'm right there with you. I hear someone complain about "elitists" and think "now there's someone who is so complacent with their mediocrity that it's turning into arrogance".

>> No.7215445

>>7214989
On that note.... people who think late 20's is okay to wear lolita, but as soon as you hit 30 they want you to gtfo. There's not much difference people...

>> No.7215474

>>7213218
Two things get on my nerves in particular.

1) People who claim that ''Bodyline is my favourite brand! it's so kawaii uguu! Much better then burando!" Well, call me a bitch, but if the someone bangs on about how great Bodyline is makes me think he/she has a bad taste. Even if you politely point out that the quality is subpar and some their designs are to stay away from they get all whiney and defensive.
Granted, most of these people are young and new and clueless about BL reputation (like how it made replicas, Mr Yan antics etc). But jeez, just have some common sense.

2) People who invent new rules/drill your head about the rules. Again, don't get me wrong, I'm all for rules in lolita. They are what separates the style from other numerous japanese streetfashions. But why be so nitpicky about it? Full skirt around knee length, covered shoulders and legs, headdress, appropriate shoes - that's pretty much all of it. This "BARE WRISTS ARE NOT LOLITA" thing going on in my comm seriously puts me off. I'm in fashion long enough to remember "only straight bangs are lolita" and "mary janes are like the only loli shoes EVARR", so I think about it as a passing fad. It's bad enough that soon wearing wigs will be essential for lolita, why introduce more rules.

/rant mode off

>> No.7215485

>>7215427
I googled it and it came up as /fa/'s fashion sense?

If it looks really nice, then its acceptable. I mostly get irritated by the (usually dirty) jeans, threadbare tshirt, hoodie look. If they make an attempt to be presentable, its a little better.

>> No.7215496

>>7215485
I changed my mind, I remember /fa/ from about five years ago, not the current /fa/. I'm absolutely confused if they're joking or being serious about half of the threads right now, so I'm going to say that effay looks lazy as fuck.

>high waisted jeans
>is a hawaiian shirt effay?
>all these ugly print shirts
>still looks super casual on a whole

>> No.7215582

I hate unnatural wigs in Lolita. Natural wigs (and some slightly unnatural colors like burgundy) and dyed hair are fine, but the moment someone puts on one of those giant pastel wigs, she starts looking like she's wearing a costume, not a fashion.

Also people who wear blonde wigs need to stop picking those yellow/cheese colored ones. They look dumb.

>> No.7215647
File: 72 KB, 450x627, 113204_v1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7215582
>tfw girl in my comm thinks that her natural red hair isn't kawaii enough so she only wears bright yellow wigs
not to mention she's a total ita bitch

>> No.7215668

>>7215647

I think you're in my comm

>> No.7215697

>>7213286
THIS. ALL OF THIS.

>> No.7215699

>>7214899
Thats because its fall. During the con season, everyone breaks out their sweetest prints and goes OTT sweet. Its nice to wear sweet-classic in the fall.

>> No.7215718

>>7214951
>What possesses anyone to think that it looks good?
Oh shit! Lolis are getting possesed by skeletons, who then dress up in tacky but ironic tights.

I hope I'm not being possessed by a skellington right now. How could I tell if I was?

>> No.7215750

>>7215668
Maybe. My comm is giant though, so it may just be a concidence.

>> No.7215850

>>7215496
Yeah, /fa/ really went down hill since its conception. One look at the Women's Styles (or whatever the fuck its called) section of the FAQ link in their sticky and you can tell these people literally don't know anything about fashion.

>> No.7215863

>>7215850
I can't even find their faq to be honest. There's some website linked but its barely anything.

I peeked into the WAYWT thread and someone summarized it nicely

>"`It's funny how /fa/ tries so hard to be fashionable, but with the weird trends we follow we've sort of come full circle back to dressing like the average white teenage"

>> No.7215884

>>7213229
I had this happen to me. Some girl sold me a mint condition Chess Chocolate. It had weird green and yellow stains all over it and possibly mold.

>> No.7215892

>>7215884

That's oxidisation I think? I also received a stained Chess Chocolate, described as undamaged, but mine had food stains.

>> No.7215899

>>7215884
Ooh that girl is in my comm. She's gross. How did the paypal dispute work out for you? She told everyone that she was going to lie to paypal and tell them you photoshopped the pictures... she's really stupid.

>> No.7215923

>>7215892
Yeah we think it was oxidation. It was under arm pits , on the head bow, and there were weird tea stains. It was an ivory one.

>>7215899
Oh wow really? Yeah she blamed it on me and the post office. I got a fully refund and paypal completely sided with me since I capped and took several pictures of EVERYTHING.I was surprised that the dress didn't smell.

>> No.7215935

"wahh I can't afford burando" and then buy a shitload of bodyline, which is fine, but then bitch about how it's shitty and then dream of brand
>mfw my first brand purchase was a printed AATP JSK, Metamorphose purse, Innocent World blouse, all secondhand and $350 after shipping and SS commission

"oh my god you have x? I would KILL someone for it but i could never spend that insane amount of money for it! it's way too much, it's ridiculous"
>clearly I that much money on it and just told you, because you asked and it's worth it to me. it's a bit rude to call it insane.

"why would you buy directly from the brand? it's so much cheaper buying it secondhand. what a waste of money"
>some things are hard to find secondhand, and I'd rather make sure i get the item when i have the chance. why would you say that to my face

idk. maybe my comm just sucks.

>> No.7215940

>>7215935
Your comm does suck, but what you described seem to reflect a lot of comms. I feel ya, sis.

>> No.7215978

>>7215923
Yeah haha no one savvy in our comm buys from her. She tried to sell some other popular brand piece once, I can't remember which one, and her ex-roommate was kind enough to warn everyone that the last place she'd seen that dress was on the floor of that girl's room with her dog sleeping on it.

>> No.7215986
File: 48 KB, 388x324, ss (2013-11-28 at 09.29.51).jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7215978
Now just in case there's any confusion, here's what her floor looks like and why saying something was left on it to be a dog bed is so startling.

>> No.7215995

>>7215935

Do those people forget that if somebody doesn't buy it from the brand, there'd be no second hand pieces at all?

>> No.7216002

>>7215995
Same logic as people that buy knockoffs. Bankrupt brand = no new pieces. Support the brands.

>> No.7216025

>>7215205
>>7215216
>>7215248

I bring mine along because of being new + having terrible social anxiety when I'm alone. He sort of pulls me into convorsations because he's more social than I am, and he's helped me make quite a few friends.

>> No.7216036

>>7216025
What a sweet boyfriend. You should also keep trying to improve on your social skills, though.

>> No.7216063

>>7215986
I knew a girl like this in my comm, she left now, she used to dump all her stuff on the floor along with half eaten food.

>> No.7216091

>>7215978
Damn. Yeah it had animal hair on it too. Allot of it, but I was more peeved about the stains than the hair. Wow she seems like a hot mess.

>> No.7216100

>>7213233
ugh fluffyrabidkitten
She always uses the most condescending words to refer to people too. Do people not understand that using words like "sweetie" and "hun" basically shut down your point before you even make it?

>> No.7216101

>>7214239
Calm the fuck down, nobody said anything about you being "allowed" to wear lolita. The anon just said that they personally were peeved by afros. It's not an affront to you and if you take it that way then that's a problem on your end, not theirs.

>> No.7216103
File: 95 KB, 400x407, y-u-no.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>finds dream dress on egl_comm_sales
>immediately comments and PMs paypal
>seller never responds
>sellers post gets deleted because they didn't add their location within 24 hours
>PMs again... just in case
>no response
>Y U NO WANT MY MONEY

>> No.7216118

>>7213367
I actually have a theory about those people and it's not that they put down brand because they can't afford it. It's often the same people who strive to be ~different in other ways, who play up the martyrdom role, the ones who demonized "preps" or "other girls," so desperate to have an identity outside of the mainstream but doing a poor job of forming one since it's so forced.

>> No.7216122

>>7216118
>Most of my friends are male, because I don't get along with other girls. They're such catty bitches.

>> No.7216128

>>7214508
The rudeness sucks but that's one of my peeves: hoarding dresses but never wearing them. I'd rather a fatty stretch them out than have them be taken out of circulation entirely only to sit unworn, even if the owner gets enjoyment out of them in other ways.

>> No.7216163

How hard it's been trying to find a hard black or navy bonnet secondhand. Why, why don't lolitas sell their bonnets?

>> No.7216170

>>7216163
Because not a lot of us wear it. It's hard to pull it off. I've seen quiet a few aatp navy bonnets (but the shape is not the most flattering tought)

>> No.7216176

>>7216128
Really? I'd rather a mint condition dress sit unused and unworn in a collector's cupboard for ten years, than see one being destroyed by a chubbychan's love for it.

It's not even a pet peeve at this point because loads of people have said it, more like a zoo peeve: overweight lolitas tearing seams/stretching fabric/ruining dresses. Get something that fits! Get it altered! Get it and use it as weight loss motivation! Just please, don't cram yourself into a dress that won't fit and will look terrible. I know people had fucking aneurysms over that one fattychan who bought two skirts and sewed them together to make enough material to cover her ass, but I consider creating a wearable, well-fitting piece with two skirts worth of brand material a much better option to just simply ruining the standard size.

Hell, get a dress with a waist that fits and chop off the chest piece. Lengthen those shoulder straps, put in extra panels, put in shirring, for tall lolis who can't handle underskirts, put on an extra panel at the hem or some more ruffles or lace or whatever. If you're only going to destroy a dress by stuffing yourself into it, then go the other way and "destroy" a piece by using its materials to create something beautiful AND fitting for yourself (and as an added bonus, can be resold/lent to other fattychans who won't have to destroy that piece either!)

>> No.7216177

>>7216170
Understandable. I'm just looking for a coord I'm planning for my Navy Black Cat Witch and Apple Tree OP, it's quite an OTT dress so I'm not really sure what other headwear would suit.

I've checked all of the Japanese and Western secondhand stores, comm sales, lse and others and still no luck.

>> No.7216181

>>7216177
A witch hat. Good quality one. Or one of the many hats aatp puts out. Can even make it piratey with a tricorn.

>> No.7216182

>>7216177
Antique Beast has a witch hat. They also have several witchy bonnets and headdresses.

>> No.7216184

>>7216128
Nah. I'd rather not have a busted piece go in circulation.

>> No.7216190

>>7216184
people like you make me want to buy up all the old rare brand that i can find and pour my fat ass into it and bust the seams.

>> No.7216191

>>7216190
Then do it. What's stopping you?

>> No.7216194

>>7216191
lack of funds, and not being such a huge faggot as to wear pastel shit.
if i were to go brolita, it would be gothic or bust.

>> No.7216198

>>7216194
...lol. If you weren't going to do anything, sit the fuck back down. Best to you in your brolita journey.

>> No.7216200

>>7216198
dont worry, ill save some money and buy an iron gate and ruin that.

>> No.7216201
File: 47 KB, 500x339, blackadder.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7216194
>male wearing pretty feminine fashion that is renowned for tons of lace, ruffles, bows and fluffy skirts
>worried about faggotry

top kek there mate, you either need to gtfo or accept that some degree of faggotry is required to go brolita, even if it's only faggotry based on physical appearance and social stereotyping. whatcha think, people are going to think you're hugh laurie and call you a badass?

>> No.7216210

>>7216200
Eh. IG is whatever.

>> No.7216224
File: 129 KB, 514x640, 2379314667_c33bcf7b0d_z.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7216200
Mana will fall from the skies and peel you alive with is georgeous long nails

>> No.7216228

>>7216224
his * I can't type for the love of Mana-sama

>> No.7216243

>>7216224
yes perfect.
this is my fetish.
descend upon me, mana banana sama and rend the flesh from my bones

>> No.7216313

A friend of mine wears clunky platform goth heels with black sweet prints and it drives me insane, I've tried to get her to buy some mary janes, tea parties or some subtle heels but she won't budge.

>> No.7216354

>I'm new to the style! I'm excited about buying my first lolita.

>> No.7216362

girls who bring along their boyfriends when it's very obvious they do not want to be there

>> No.7216365
File: 1017 KB, 500x237, muhmoneyz.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7216354
i cost $3000 an hour up front

>> No.7216372
File: 618 KB, 1400x900, 1294416_259467760869278_1628132898_o.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

This.

I'm a huge SNK fan, everyone's loves this.

I can't and I feel bad for thinking it's an awful idea.

>> No.7216383

>>7216372

I dislike it too. I'm not against fandom lolita when they're done well, but this just feels too literal and really lazy.

No offense to the creator, who probably doodled this without much thought.

>> No.7216393

>>7216181
>>7216182
Thank you anons, I had thought of witch hats but I wanted something a bit more elegant for this particular meet. However I do like the idea of the tricorn.Does anyone have any other suggestions? I also need it fairly soon. I own a soft BTSSB bonnet but I don't think it's big enough.

>> No.7216413

Some of you girls who bitch and moan about "OMG BOYFRANS AT MEETUPS IS SO HORRIBLE" sound really bitter.
I can understand why you'd say that about the guys who just sit there and are generally boring people, but have you thought that maybe it's your comm? My husband loves to come to meetups with me because were actually fucking fun. Sometimes him and my friends husband get together away from us separately and talk about vidya games or something while we shop or something but they don't just lurk. Do you girls that complain about this only sit and talk about burando and knitting the entire meet while you sip tea holy shit you sound boring.

>> No.7216419

>>7216128

That's such a shitty attitude. I don't get to wear my lolita clothes very often because of my job, but I love to collect the pieces I pined over for years when I couldn't afford anything nice for myself. I love to open my closet and see all of my pretty dresses and try them on when I'm alone at home and just having them makes me happy.
You're essentially saying that my enjoyment is pointless and with that I say fuck you.

>> No.7216425

>>7216194

You go ahead and buy yourself 5 fucking Iron Gates and pop all dem seams. I won't be mad at you, I'll laugh at your dumbass for being a fat fuck in a pretty dress that spent a lot of money to spite another human being.

>> No.7216426

>>7216313

You're a bad friend. Platforms4lyfe.

>> No.7216427

>>7216190

Aww, is fatty-chan mad? Get over it you over-sensitive retard. When fatties squeeze themselves into dresses too small for them, it damages the dress. By all means wear a dress far too small for you, but don't get pissed when people don't want your busted clothes. You've ruined that dress, and people don't want ruined dresses.

Additionally, don't get pissed when people say you look stupid. When you squeeze yourself into a dress that's way too fucking small, its unflattering and looks shit. The same goes when girls who wear dresses that are way too big for them.

>> No.7216431
File: 286 KB, 1024x1024, 1365235285397.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>trying to use public restrooms with a petticoat
>trying to decide if a blouse should be tucked under the petticoat or over it before putting on a jsk
>constantly having to push the shoulder straps of a jsk back underneath the dress
>buy a dress and look up the measurements but somehow forget your own and it wounds up way fucking short
>trying to do ANYTHING with movement whilst wearing short dress without showing bloomers
>random middle aged women grabbing your dress and lifting it up to see your 'bloomers'
>listening to old ladies rant about how your dress reminds them of when they were nine
>discovering your dream dress doesn't have pockets
>lolita's having facebooks and never once posting a picture of themselves in it
>halloween/party comments
>agreeing with halloween/party remarks because you don't want to be forced into a conversation with strangers who ask about your outfit
>people saying they 'tried lolita once'
> bigger lolitas alter brand dresses and they look way fucking shorter than they should
>cosplay lolita

yah, I probably got like 50 more

>> No.7216434

>>7216431
>>trying to decide if a blouse should be tucked under the petticoat or over it before putting on a jsk

I always just tuck it in.
It might be just one layer, but that's one layer less adding weight to the petticoat.

>> No.7216435

Here's mine !

> Girls trying to buy taobao dresses because they heard brand was at least 300€ when that shitty dress will actually cost more than buying something second hand from a girl in the same country (my first brand dresses were around or under 100€)
> Girls who post WTB and add "Obviously I want to buy them cheaper than their original price" because they didn't grasp the concept of limited series.
> Girls acting like you plan to sell your stuff and sort of ... entitled to your clothes ? If I were insanely rich I would stay warm by throwing baby blouses in a fireplace and laughing like a villain.
> People putting things for sales with the stock picture and write "Good condition. Ask for pictures" because good condition = there's some scratches but I'm not going to disclose them right away (no it's not on the sale comm)
> People complaining that the dresses in store are insanely expensive when the store is located in freaking Paris and they have to add customs taxes + a margin to pay for the store and employees. Especially if the person is not a teen anymore and still ignore basic economic issues.
> Finally girls not quite grasping that buying things new can be actually cheaper than buying it second hand for popular releases (But I was quite surprised at the beginning too).

>> No.7216437

>>7216431
>lolitas having facebooks and never once posting a picture of themselves in it
now come on. some people have shit mutuals. yes we go out in public in it with you, but its almost a disguise and out of the way main public anyway.
otherwise id love to make a private FB just for lolita-ing but having no friends on it would be hella suss i'd imagine...

but
HOW
lift it all up? take the petti off?

>> No.7216446

>>7216118
>>7216122
>I love lolita because it's so unique and modest, I'm so sick of the slutty mainstream fashion all the other girls are wearing, those uggs and miniskirts and pink tanktops, ugh.

>> No.7216456

>>7216176
My pet peeve is also this prevalent scare of altering *the precious brand*. It comes in one size, it most likely will not fit as well as it could, why wouldn't you want to tailor it?

I understand just collecting the dresses or using them as a diet motivator, but why on earth would you rather go out looking like a stuffed sausage than pay a small fee to fix it??? Because of "resale value"? You're actually making it much worse by busting the seams...

It makes even less sense with thin girls, since you can take the dress in and then restore it back with no damage...

>> No.7216493

>>7216435

Girls acting like you plan to sell your stuff and sort of ... entitled to your clothes ?

My friend does this all the time -_-. As soon as I or a mutual friend buys a new dress she goes "First dibs if you plan on selling it!"

>> No.7216501

>>7216419
I don't know why people take things in this thread so personally. I never said you can't. I never said don't. I never said you're a horrible person for doing so. I said it's a personal pet peeve. If you're taking a random anon's superfluous pet peeve as an affront to you and your choices then maybe you should evaluate them so you're more comfortable with them.

>> No.7216509

>>7216493

True, I think you can do it politely if the dress is your dream dress and you know the minute it goes on sale someone will jump on it, so if it's done rarely I could understand.

Otherwise I don't get the entitled attitude towards other girls closet like it's a sort of communist closet. Or when you die, your closet goes back to the comm (it would be funny though) so the circle is complete.

I don't want to come off as bragging, but since I take care of not spending money I don't have, and always save a good chunk of emergency money, I never had the intent of reselling my stuff when I buy it. I'll probably keep some for the memories.

>> No.7216510

>>7216456
>It makes even less sense with thin girls, since you can take the dress in and then restore it back with no damage...
It's an irrational fear, even though I know a few stitches will leave no marks, I'm still scared someone would find out and accuse me of selling sub-par clothes.

>> No.7216520

>>7216493

I have a friend who does this too, but with the added annoyance that she's a cheapskate. She actually does it only to specific dresses that she likes, and I can understand she doesn't want to spend a lot, but she's not actually poor, so it just feels like she's taking advantage of me. I recently bought the jsk version of a print she likes, and she immediately said "Sell the OP to me for cheap, okay? ;)". Like hell I will, I paid retail for the OP, I'd rather be cremated with my entire wardrobe of unpopular dresses rather than "gift" them away for quarter the original price I paid (I'm not kidding, she's turned down every auction I directed her to that's below half retail, saying she'll only it if the price is below 5k yen. Hahaha good luck with that, bitch).

>> No.7216538

>>7216501
They just feel the absolute need to showcase their speshulness and snowflakiness. Notice how all of them go on a tirade about their wonderful selves? I find it annoying as fuck.
>inb4 some buttmad bitch tries to validate her existence to me

>> No.7216551

I seriously can't stand all the cheap bitches in this fashion and how goddamn entitled they act, especially when they make huge assumptions about the girls who wear brand.

>hdu charge more than what I want you to for your item. such terrible selling ethics.
This is especially annoying when you're actually asking for less than the item actually goes for
>I wear replicas because brand is so expensive
It's not like there are numerous more affordable options or anything. Plus you are not owed a luxury dress for cheap even if there wasn't.
>I wear replicas because the originals don't fit me
So that makes it okay to steal from the brands? I'm way too tall for the vast majority of Angelic Pretty and most of my favorite prints by them have been replicated, but I would rather just not own the piece rather than support something that hurts their business.
>

>> No.7216553

>>7216551
> I would rather just not own the piece rather than support something that hurts their business.

I like you, anon.

>> No.7216641

>>7216413
It'd be different if they even tried to socialize with one another. We're having a good time just talking and taking pics, shopping, and they are just... There. Even worse when there's only one.

We've obviously not been complaining about dudes that actually interact. Its the asocial sloppily dressed boyfrans.

>> No.7216658

>>7216437
lift up petti, use a she-wee. sounds gross, but useful as fuck.

>> No.7216700

>>7216493
You don't know HOW many messages I get on tumblr with bitches saying dibs on the dress if I ever sell it.

I should make a collage or something

>> No.7216704

My pet peeve is usually only committed by newbies, but it still makes me rage.

Sweet lolis who think that fucking childrens' jewellery is "totes loliable!" Shit you bought out of Claire's and the kids' section at H&M is not fucking loliable, and the only exception to that rule is that one fawn fur collar.

>> No.7216810

>>7216641

OP here. See that I can understand because hell we even have some girls like that that are just really shy or can't deal with socially heavy stuff constantly. They obviously have to be willing to talk to us too, my friends ex had such a shitty attitude that he just *wouldn't* talk to us because he was an asshole. Most others you can generally break them into general stuff. My husband was kind of shy at first but after a few meetups he now loves coming to them and watching scary movies or going out for laser tag.

>> No.7216850

My pet peeve is there is no popular OPEN online forum community. Facebook sucks, tumblr is all over the place, and EGL on LJ is nearly a wasteland. Other hobbies have active, well organized forums with chatting, meetup planning, news, photo galleries, blogs/diaries, and sales, and yet other than Lacebook (which is impossible to join, and even then a lot of users say it's not great) there is nothing I know of. Please correct me if I am wrong but I have seen nothing else.

I would actually be interested in making one myself but I don't know if it would pick up. It wouldn't be too strict sharing opinions either because I hate all the eggshells you have to walk on with EGL so you wouldn't be banned if you disagreed with someone. The only thing that would be more heavily modded would be sales.

I found some old forums but they are all abandoned. I wish one was alive and popular, because while I am all for creating one I worry it will have the same outcome.

>> No.7216853

>>7216850
Also email left if anyone out there feels the same way and wants to start one up.

>> No.7216872

>>7216850
I actually have some experience with setting up forums and moderating them and agree with you completely. I'm at work, but I'd love to exchange ideas about this later. I'd shoot you an email, but my phone doesn't alway send them successfully, so mine is in the field. Let me know anything you've come up with so far.

>> No.7216880

>>7216872
>>7216850
Someone tried to do this like two-three months ago, and it failed.

>> No.7216906

>>7216880
How much effort did they actually put into it, though?Did the site end up decent?

>> No.7216910

>>7216880
Lacebook?

>> No.7216927

>>7216910
No, some open forum. Eglforums was the name, I believe.

>>7216906
You do realize that setting up a forum like that would involve a lot of time and money, right? That's probably a good bit of why the other one failed.
Not to mention, just because you make a forum doesn't mean people will flock to it. People use things like FB and dumblr because they are already in use by tons of people and because they already use them.
It's incredibly hard for sites like that to get started unless there is some major draw/pro.
Not trying to dissuade you, but you should really be aware of the difficulties you'll face if you decide to undertake such a thing.

>> No.7216955

>>7216850
So this is you:
>>7216949
>I'm moving there next year for school.
So you're what, 17? And you think you can be the leader of some great new online community?

>> No.7216971

>>7216955
Grad school. :)

>> No.7216977

>>7216955
I don't see why not. moot was a young lad when he started 4chan.

>> No.7216981

>>7216927
No worries I appreciate your input. I know it is going to be challenging as it will need to have something more than the usual forum components that appeals enough to the community to use it, which is why I encourage anyone who wants to contribute or join in possibly creating one to message me! Hearing what lolitas would like to get out of a new online forum as a tool would help shape it into something hopefully really beneficial.

>> No.7217002

>>7216128
I've got a crap load of dresses (two technically are rare dresses as they were limited edition) and a few expensive prints that I barely wear cause I just don't have the time. Not sorry.

>> No.7217006

>>7216431

It's way fucking worse when you're trying to change a tampon, trying to hold a petticoat and trying to make sure you don't get dirty fingers on anything is way harder.

>> No.7217088

>>7216658
she-wee? I'm actually super intrigued

>>7217006
RIGHT?! Oh my god this this this this!

>> No.7217095

>>7217088
Yea it's the worst in the world, even when using a disabled toilet (sorry but normal cubicles it ain't humanly possible as you need a LOT of arm space to make sure your hands don't touch anything). Also add in when the tampon for some fucking annoying reason won't stay in properly as its a super-duper sized one, so you have to go to the toilet again to "re-adjust". FML

>> No.7217104

>>7217095
If it's not staying in, you're probably not putting it in right...

>> No.7217108

>>7217095
>>7217104
Yeah, it doesn't sound like you're putting it in right. The larger it is, the more difficult it should be to take it out. I generally have the tip of my tampon at or near my cervix. Are you using/Have you tried a tampon with an applicator? I like the ones with plastic applicators.

>> No.7217117

>>7217104
>>7217108

Yea it was a plastic applicator. I'm not fucking stupid, I'd physically push it all the way to the very back after inserting (cause sometimes the applicator can fail, ANOTHER issue I have with lolita is when the applicator fucks up or gets the tampon stuck, RAGEEE), yet it still would over a couple of hours slightly slid down by a 1cm or 2, meaning it was not comfortable anymore. I only have had this problem with a certain brand/certain type of applicator though. By not staying in, it does stay 'inside' but it doesn't stay where it's supposed to and gets to that 'area' that makes it uncomfortable to sit.

>> No.7217142

tampon anon- I have the same problem. I found it happens if I'm using a higher absorbancy than I need or the tampon is already satuated but not from blood... I now just go down in absorbancy and change more frequently, and that's solved the problem... hope that helps.

>> No.7217195

Screw tampons, girls, try a menstrual cup. You buy it once, you never have to buy one again and save a ton of money + better for the environment. They're much easier to wear, too. I've never been able to wear tampons; they slid down and were super uncomfortable to wear. Tried a mentrual cup, and I've never looked back. I can barely tell it's there. Less gross than you might think, I can leave mine in all day even with a heavy flow and just rinse it while taking shower when I get home. This is the brand I use (the smaller cup, in blue): http://www.lunette.com/us/

>> No.7217199

Wtf happened to this thread? More pet peeves, less period talk.

>> No.7217201

>>7217199

Lolita+Period is a humongous pet peeve. Srry, but, dealing with a period and having enormous petticoats and a dress that cost hundreds of dollars is kind of obligatory.

>> No.7217203

>>7217195
I'm guessing this wouldn't be good for active girls or gymnasts.

>> No.7217210

>>7217203
>217203

Nope, works fine for active people just as well as a tampon does. I'm a relatively fit person, and I work out/play sports and and use mine without any accidents. I've never heard of people who are extremely active having problems, either. If you want to try them out and see if they work without committing to buying a reusable cup, you can also try out Softcups (http://softcup.com/).). You can find them at drugstores/Walmart, etc. They're pretty inexpensive, and great to keep in your purse as a backup instead of carrying around your actual cup.

>> No.7217211

>>7217201
Why don't you all go on birth control? No fuss.

>> No.7217212

>>7217201
I'm not even dressed in lolita today, just a circle skirt with a couple of layers, and my period is definitely pissing me off with the combination of it and this skirt. After I take my shower tonight I'll pick out more appropriate period clothes to wear.

>> No.7217214

>>7217211
Side effects suck.

>> No.7217217

I desperately want a hysterectomy (I'm infertile but I still have periods.) but I'm too worried about the hormonal effects.

>> No.7217218

>>7217211
Hormonal birth control makes me sick, I have an IUD (just a non-hormonal copper one).

>> No.7217219

>>7217211

You do realize that birth control doesn't /stop/ periods, right? It just controls them/makes it so that you're not fertile. I have an implant, and I can tell fuck all when my periods will start because I barely get them. Not everyone on BC uses the pill and can schedule their period by messing around with their pill schedule.

>> No.7217228

Someone should just make a thread solely on lolita and period. This one's almost autosaging anyway.

>> No.7217242

>>7217219
Some does, actually; the depo shot is particularly well known for it

>> No.7217250

>>7217211
I have an IUD yet bleed like a waterfall, that isn't really how it works.

>> No.7217255

>>7217250
> bleed like a waterfall
Might want to get that checked, sis. Excessive bleeding isn't good.

>> No.7217267

>>7217242

Depo also has a shit ton of really fucked side effects like weight gain and mood swings, and having your period stop is not a universal effect for the Depo or other BC methods that are known to have this side effect. Saying "well, get on BC" as a solution to having issues with being a girl and having a period is a dumb, staggeringly ignorant statement. Sorry, but, that really pisses me off. There are literally hundreds of different BC methods, and all of them have their own pros and cons and their effects vary hugely from person to person.

>> No.7217269

When itas run lolita panels. It just gets under my skin so much; it's like the blind leading the blind.

>> No.7217276

>>7217269
That reminds me:
When replica owners ask designers at panels what they think of replicas.

>> No.7217278

>>7217269
I admit I like going to these panels for the laughs. They won't even take suggestions to improve most of the time, so I give up even trying to help.

>> No.7217299

>>7217267
All medications have a ton of really fucked side effects, because they have to list every possible thing that could ever happen if you take it.

I'm on depo, and all that's happened to me so far is my periods stopped.

>> No.7217311

>>7217299

I realize that, just saying that it's different for every person (angry at the original anon who said "just take BC"). I have an implanon, and my periods have basically stopped too. I have a friend with one that had spotting for three months straight with it, though. Another friend who was on the Depo had huge issues with mood swings and screwed up periods, and had to stop getting the shots entirely. It's wacky how different the side effects are person to person.

>> No.7217315

>>7217311
Honestly, I have a few friends on it as well, and it seems to only cause problems in people who had the problems i the first place. It just makes them worse.

For example, when I get my period, I usually feel sick or have a sensitive stomach for a few days because of the hormones being all fucked up.

When I first got the shit, until my body adjusted to the new hormone levels, I had a really sensitive stomach and felt sick a LOT for a month and a half. Then it got better once I got used to it.

I also was really anxious, but I already had some anxiety problems.

I've found that my friends who tend to be moodier had problems with mood swings, etc.

>> No.7217322

>>7217217
You don't, trust me. The side effects are no joke.

>> No.7217327

>>7217322
My mom has been a huge bitch except for when she's chain-smoking joints since she got her hysterectomy.

>> No.7217340

>>7217327
Cause it puts you into constant menopause mode!

>> No.7217344

>>7217255
I think she just means heavy flow.

>> No.7217360

>>7217201
Use a menstrual cup. Then you don't have to worry about your period all day while you are dressed up.

>> No.7217667

>>7214346
This is the internet, so there's no point in me telling you anything because you'll just think I'm lying. So we're both at a stand-still then, aren't we? You can believe whatever you want

>> No.7217734

>>7214971
dat slenderpuff

>> No.7217784

>>7214506
Must admit, it felt like a membership badge in my mind as well. I have now but try not to wear it too much. Its usually the item that gets taken off just before I leave the house (think it was chanel who said to do that)

>> No.7217788
File: 40 KB, 604x436, SheWee_1e18f9_4175285.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7217088
it's like a funnel

>> No.7217790

>>7217788
There are disposable paper ones as well if carrying around a pee covered funnel around with you grosses you out

>> No.7217792

>>7216413
My comm actually has a ton of girls who drag their boyfriends along against their will, and it's annoying as shit. I'm not bitter or jealous, I have a wonderful boyfriend who likes my clothes but wouldn't enjoy meetups, so I don't bring him. There's only one boyfriend in our group that socializes at all and everyone likes him. The others are all obviously there against their will and sit around sulking and sometimes outright insulting our clothes. I'm not sure why they even come. There's one guy who doesn't seem to hate lolita, but he's a bit of a creep who skulks around taking pictures of everyone without asking and then promises to put them online somewhere (presumably because that gives him the excuse of being the 'meetup photographer') but never does. When we bring it up with their girlfriends/wives they get defensive and bratty. The shittiest part is that these women are the ones organizing all the meetups, and organizing a meetup separate from them would explode in drama and tear up the comm.

Please, before you call us bitter and boring, consider that not all comms are as nice as yours. I'm well on my way to becoming a lone lolita because of shit like this.

>> No.7218019

>>7216372
Though I am very interested in a kawaii scouting legion cape.

>> No.7218136

>>7216372
... I thought that was Christa/Historia as the model until I opened it and realized it was Armin.

>> No.7218139

>>7217788
Guys sure have pissing easy.

>> No.7218270

>>7213437
I like afros in lolita. I'm not sure how well they would work in gothic, but I've seen pictures of sweet and sweet-classic lolitas with afros and they look adorable.

>> No.7218375

>>7213377
It's not actually guaranteed though. When a parcel crosses a border it changes hands in terms of what company is managing the parcel. For tracked parcels they are meant to input the data each time but a lot of postal workers don't. Either they forget or they're lazy or it gets lost in the system, I'm not going to generalise because I don't know.

This is why you need to have proof of postage and have your item's value covered by the postal insurance. At least if the item is lost the seller can claim back the value from the postal company responsible. This way, even if the buyer has lied about recieving the parcel, no one is out of pocket except the postal company. If the parcel is signed for then all the better.

Sage for not relevant but slightly helpful post.

>> No.7218386

>>7218375
I think with Royal Mail (UK), it can take so long to claim for lost post that by the time they say 'lol the package was delivered and here's the proof' you've lost the paypal claim. Tracking doesn't mean squat unless it includes signed delivery apparently to them (cited from google research).

>> No.7218395

My pet peeve is stupid fucking janitors who keep deleting secret threads even though they're allowed to be here.

>> No.7218408

>>7218395
Yea I noticed that too. -_-

>> No.7218550

wtf janitor? You deleted my comment on the secrets thread being gone? Are you really that insecure?

>> No.7218595

>>7218550
There's probably a rule where you can't get angry at janitors or something.

>> No.7218600

>>7218595
yep, that post complaining if definitely going to get deleted

>> No.7218611

>>7218595
I just don't understand why they keep deleting a thread that's allowed to be here. This is the second week in a row that they've done it.

>> No.7218613

>>7218611
Oh I thought the other secrets thread autosaged from last week? Guess I was completely wrong

>> No.7218615

>>7218611
Reminds me of that one anon who came into a confessions thread and said that they often made legitimate threads and deleted them themselves so that people would blame/get angry at the janitors.

>> No.7218617

>>7218611
we should ask moot about it. he's on aim pretty regularly

at least there was kind of jack shit to talk about this week so not a huge loss, but still

>> No.7218632

>>7218613
No, they deleted last weeks thread and everyone ended up in the thread from the week before by default. But that thread is gone now too.

>> No.7218652
File: 7 KB, 236x213, images.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

My main pet peeve:

Cosplayers and Lolitas who are aware of an event coming up, aware that they'll have to order in parts of their outfit from taobao/etsy/commissioned piece and leaving it until 3 weeks prior to the event to start looking for a item.

This is made more frustrating for me as I help co-ordinate the group cosplay/tea parties, I message people about group taobao orders, help people find items and help them stay within their set budget.

I just don't understand how some people have made it through college and still have no idea how time and postage works.

inb4 you don't have to help them - I just don't want my group to look like a hot mess

>> No.7218715

>>7215216
>dadney
need a dad in some fancy clothes now, someone shoop

>> No.7218730

>>7217792

OP here. Your comm sounds horrible anon.
That's not really what I was trying to say, though. Don't bring a guy along if they obviously don't want to go, those guys seem to be douchelords anyways. Some guys also have the prejudged notion that "I WONT HAVE FUN AND YOU CANT MAKE ME." but I was excluding those people when I made my post. Sorry for confusion.

>> No.7218737

>>7218715
dadney is like what one could call the next guy cadney decides to rope into wearing the fashion with her, provided his name started with a d.

>> No.7218754

>>7216036
I've gotten a lot better thanks to him + my job.

I have to be friendly and sociable at work, so started forcing it, but it's really helped me to be able to talk to strangers. I also feel a lot more comfortable around him.

And he's made me talk to people. Like, he'll introduce me to someone and then just sort of... walk away. I don't want to seem rude, so I keep talking. He knows it pisses me off, but it does really help/

He's a real sweetie though.

>> No.7219772

>>7218737
can it be her dad??? i wanna see kawaii gosurori obaa-sans

>> No.7220675

>I hate second-hand burando! It's so dirty and OLD. Ewwwwwww.
This reaction always makes me feel incredibly annoyed because buying second-hand is cheap and you can find rare pieces exclusively through auctions if you dig or wait a while.
>inb4 poorlita

>> No.7220695

>>7217210
You have to rinse out/empty mooncups...as in, the blood is loose, near your dress.
Too many opportunities for spillage, no thanks.

>> No.7220696
File: 56 KB, 480x640, tumblr_l4qmkuq3B21qa20ryo1_500.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7214314
>I'm 25 and have been getting my hair relaxed since I was 5, my hair is happy and healthy

I had my hair relaxed from the age of 12 till I was 30. My hair looked nice and I had no reason to think it wasn't healthy. Then I decided that I didn't want all those strong chemicals so close to my brain.
What I thought was healthy hair wasn't. My actual potential was being sapped away by chemicals. My hair completely replaced itself in about a year when it used to take months and months to coax my hair to grow a little when it was relaxed. I'm excited to see how long it might get in a couple more years.

>> No.7220705

>>7220675
Not Lolita related but I buy most of my clothes second hand or from the thrift store that are good quality (sometimes brand name, some higher than others)and often look brand new. The other day I bought a lovely talula wool double breasted coat that looked brand new(no pilling, no runs or anything to indicate it had actually been worn out), a ralph lauren skirt and RL kitten heels for $8. My Boyfriends Chinese mom asked me where I got this lovely stuff and quickly snubbed her nose when I said it was second hand.
It's a common reaction and yes very annoying.

It's usually because they think thrift/second hand=poor people=dirty/bad quality

My pet peeve is people who don't bother to wear a spec of make up in lolita. Especially under the premise of being a "tomboy". It looks so bad and lazy. At least put on some mascara, concelear, blush, and lipgloss. It's not like you have to cake it on.

It rustles my jimmies more than it should

>> No.7220729

>>7220705
I feel you, on both counts. I always feel like I can't divulge the source of my secondhand clothing lest my parents and husband judge me. Little do they know that some of my favorite pieces (stuff they comment on all the time) come from Savers! I'll usually mention the label, if it's good, but not the store.
Seeing as how my parents don't know about my Lolita hobby yet, I'm not even sure how they'd react to me telling them that my entire wardrobe is secondhand.

>> No.7220759

>"I've been into lolita for x years but I'm buying my first co-ord soon!"

>> No.7220772

>>7220759

>"But I already have a pastel wig!!"

>> No.7220775

>>7220759
>I'm a lifestyle lolita!
>doesn't own a single piece of lolita clothing
>I'm more of a lolita because it's how I live

What even, man. You can't be a lifestyle lolita without owning a piece of clothing. It's a fashion.

>> No.7220798
File: 26 KB, 349x330, laughing whores.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7220775
ohhhh man this girl in my comm posted this recently and I was laughing my ass off
>Mine would be a no except for the lifestyle which for me is a quasi yes...only because I'm Asian and some of the "lifestyle" is more cultural so it was part of my upbringing. You guys rarely see me in lolita -it's not because I'm embarrassed but because I still haven't found my style. I LIKE to make outfits for other people and also have an infinity for strawberry anything thought I can't wear it well...
I couldn't I just
>Japanese street fashion is a cultural thing for me because I'm Filipino
???
>I don't wear the fashion but I'm a lifestyler
???
She went on to rant about how Asian brands only cater to "Asian" bodies and how now they're expanding to cater to some "European" bodies too... as if race automatically indicates fat or skinny. Durr there are no fat Asians and all non-Asians are fat fucks hurr

>> No.7220802

>>7220798
>an infinity

>> No.7220809

>>7220798

Whenever I read such stories, I'm amazed people like this really exists. Are we still not over this whole "Lolita lifestyle"-crap?

>> No.7220824

>>7220809
What does a lolita lifestyle supposedly involve? Like I've heard the term be batted around a few times but I never really understood it. I admit, there's something cute about the idea of being ladylike and drinking in tea rooms, but I don't really think that's it.

>> No.7220852
File: 188 KB, 449x401, laughing lolitas.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7220824
"lifestyle" lolitas, in addition to usually being crazy housewives, consider themselves to be the only "real" lolita, not like those uncouth curs who swear and drink alcohol~

their very domestic, Victorian and kawaii hobbies include
>crafts
>sewing
>cooking
>tea
>reading
>classical music

They often own own ita skirt or no lolita clothing at all, but that doesn't matter, because lolita is an attitude and part of who they are and that's what really matters~

Lifestylers can be found lurking on forums and comm groups, but never at actual meetups or even outside their house, because they are just too special and perfect to interact with the outside world~

>> No.7220853

>>7220824
There's a bunch of "ladylike" mannerisms and hobbies that are done to be a lifestyler.

You mustn't curse or speak harshly. Being polite and speaking softly are encouraged. When sitting, have good posture. Running or being over excited is discouraged.

Lifestyler hobbies often involve reading old books, playing an instrument like the violin or flute, doing embroidery, etc. Wearing lolita at all times (or as often as you can) is the fashion component. I think Momoko from Kamikaze Girls is or used to be the prime example of a lifestyler.

In short it involves living out a fantasy of what you think a really ladylike person is. Lifestyling can be pretty cool as long as you're not holier than thou about it. Some lolitas or lolita wannabes think this makes them better at lolita than others, but they come off as just delusional and elitist.

Enjoy your hobby however you want anon.

>> No.7220858

>>7220852
Uhm, I consider myself as a lifestyle lolita, thank you for the caricature, it was fun.
For me, being lifestyle lolita is loving lolita as a culture and wearing it on a daily basis, so doing things accordingly to the lolita aesthetic. You can swear or drink while being a lifestyle (and I do it).

>> No.7220875

>>7220858
lol ur a faget it's just clothes

The lolita aesthetic:
>blouse
>petti
>good to go

If you want to play pretend thats fine, but stop acting like there is some personality aspect to a street fashion.

>> No.7220879

>>7220875
It goes a little bit further than that; otherwise we would don't have any lolita art

>> No.7220886

>>7220879
that makes no sense but I really don't care enough to argue with you any further, anyone who identifies themselves as a "lifestyle lolita" and talks about lolita "culture" is too far gone.

enjoy being a batshit insane ita I guess

>> No.7220893

>>7220875
>stop acting like there is some personality aspect to a street fashion.
they just said the complete opposite. are you illiterate?

>> No.7221076

>>7220729
Just tell them, "hey, if you want me to have everything brand new, go ahead, spend your money and buy it for me" they'll shut up fast.

>> No.7221095

>>7220875
don't forget the shape of the skirt and skirt length

but otherwise yeah i basically agree with you

>> No.7221156

>>7220886
It makes perfect sense. I'm not a lifestyle lolita but I don't see anything wrong with what they're saying and throwing out insults isn't going to help you.

If you really need help with your reading comprehension, what they're saying is that there's more to lolita than just a blouse and petticoat, otherwise lolita art wouldn't exist because it would just be the same outfit again and again. I would say lolita is a relatively basic fashion but it's still more complex than just a blouse and petticoat.

And there's no point in calling someone a "faget" when they make a point that you agree with. Lolita is just clothes, that's why they said they swear and drink and do 'unlady-like' things while wearing lolita despite considering themselves a lifestyle lolita.

>> No.7221330

>>7217217
If they don't take out the ovaries than you won't have any until you hit menopause.

>> No.7221388

>>7216100
>Do people not understand that using words like "sweetie" and "hun" basically shut down your point before you even make it?

Apparently not. I'm older than my roommate, but she had called me "hun" before. It felt so weird and rude at the same time.

>>7216446
Haha, I totally had that mentality when I was younger. Now I'm fine with wearing mini skirts and see that a poofy dress is anything, but modest in our casually-dressed society. Uggs are still dumb imo (I used to sell them; they're so impractical).

>>7218652
Oh, I know that feel. I sincerely hope that the newcomers in my comm have actually taken the time to read links with guidelines if they've decided to buy lolita on their own time. I've been trying to put up group orders with no avail. To be fair, I think that there are only a few of us who are seriously involved in the hobby. I've noticed that a number of "members" were added by people I've personally invited.

>> No.7221396

>>7221388

I'm way past the edgy phase but I will always want to burn uggs with a passion. They are a bane of society.

>> No.7221424

>>7221156
I think the problem here is you're both talking about something completely different.

Someone who wears lolita daily or nearly daily = daily lolita
Someone who thinks that lolita is a personality type or some special snowflake "I'm not like other girls because I'm so domestic and Victorian~*" = Lifestyle lolita

I don't feel like anyone has a problem with daily lolitas, in fact more power to you if you have a life wherein you can wear something that outrageous and unique on the daily, but lots of people have problems with people who take it from being clothes into being a way of life.

>> No.7221457

>>7221396
Comfy as fuck tho
Although I'm sure they were meant to be worn inside but oh well

>> No.7222035

>>7221457
>Comfy as fuck tho

Not really at all though? I borrowed my friend's once and my feet were gross and sweaty within an hour. It'd have to be really cold to justify them. I don't even think they're as terribly unattractive as they're made out to be, but all I can think of now when I see someone wearing them is how gross their feet and socks must be as a result.

>> No.7222038

>>7222035
Well, your friend should wash hers. They're fluffy and warm when clean!

>> No.7222049

>>7222035
Ummmm you do know that the boots are made to conform to your feet perfectly right? So of course they're going to be gross since you're wearing a mold of your friends foot aka allowing moisture to build up in pockets lol fucking disgusting.

I don't wear uggs cuz I don't support their practice but I thought everyone knew why they're so popular (comfort)

Sage for ot

>> No.7222071

>>7217195
Thanks. I'm going to try this out

>> No.7222075

>>7217211
No. Hormonal changes and blood clotting from bc is not worth it. I don't trust that shit.

>> No.7222089

>>7220696
This.
Constantly getting your hair relaxed messes with the roots and it makes it harder to grow. I have curly hair, but only straighten it twice a week and never blow dry it.

>> No.7222094

>>7220875
This.

The life style Lolita bullshit is totally unrealistic

>> No.7222108

>>7222075
The chance of clotting is pretty small but there's at least 2 anons here who had clotting issues. Try the shot or the mini pill? Neither have estrogen so no clotting risk.

>> No.7222892

>Blue dress, striped socks: "I'm doing an Alice outfit!"
>Any "I'm going to do an Alice in wonderland-themed coord!"-shit tbh

No. please, for the love of god, it is 2013. We've seen this shit more than enough. It's lazy, unoriginal, done to death.
Stop the Alice coords.

>> No.7223052
File: 2.45 MB, 432x240, 1385358382382.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>girls who like to dress like they're sweet, innocent, and feminine, but swear like sailors and are generally mean to other girls when they're on 4chan

>> No.7223289

>>7223052
> mfw that's pretty much me
> mfw I'm probably a 2 on a 1-10 mean scale on 4chan

Maybe one day, anon, maybe one day.

>> No.7224800

>>7218550
Idk what's up with the janitor now. She doesn't delete legit trolls/offtopic/bait. I used to believe in "Don't respond to b8! Just report and it'll be gone!" Now that doesn't even work.

>> No.7226289

>>7222892
It's mostly newbs and weebs doing the Alice coords, but yeah I still wince when I see that being done by established lolitas on their blogs. My pet peeve is brands that do the Alice thing. You open a GLB and see all this Alice graphic design crap. I guess it's different for Japanese lolitas. It's still a thing for them.

>> No.7226573

>>7222892
>unoriginal

this is one of my pet peeves: the expectation of "originality" and the bashing of things that are common/matchy/etc. I totally get if you're tired of a certain theme or whatever but that doesn't make it bad.