[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 263 KB, 600x343, 1388261067019.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
7265010 No.7265010 [Reply] [Original]

So my aunt was kind enough to get me a gift certificate for Angelic Pretty USA, but they fucked it up. They said that it was delivered to my house, but since they don't actually have physical gift cards that's wrong and she's out a hundred bucks. We've sent them an email, but I'm not sure what else to do. Has anyone else had bad experiences with AP USA?

>> No.7265097

I've had nothing but really awesome experiences with AP USA.

Though last year this same thing happened to me with Tokyo Rebel. I sorted things out through email but the money got returned to the person who bought it

>> No.7265113

Is it possible to use the gift certificate in store? I have one too a and I don't want that to happen.

>> No.7265167

They sent me day dream carnival socks instead of Holy lantern socks. I had to return them. That was all. Otherwise everything had gone smoothly with them.

>> No.7265177

I traveled from out of state to AP USA in SF.
Although they were supposedly open, the storefront was closed and the phone message was not helpful, no additional details, etc. It was about noon.
They had one of those metal doors over the storefront, no sign about hours, nothing.

Baby however was open and more than happy to take my money.

>> No.7265478

>>7265177
What day of the week was it?

>> No.7265486

>>7265010
A gift card I got from there got messed up and I had to resend it all over again, then they charged me twice and it took 2 months to fix it.

>> No.7265950

Maybe in store is a better shopping experience, but as a Floridian, I fucking hate ordering from their website. Their shipping is expensive, and they rarely send a brand bag.

The international site is great, the products I've ordered were shipped in a bag vs a box, but I've never had a problem with anything being damaged - even one of their heart pochettes. They always ship you a brand bag with your purchases, and the yen to dollar conversion rate is so favorable right now, there's no reason not to order from them. With AP USA's jacked shipping prices, you basically get free shipping from Japan. I mean seriously - I wanted to order a single pair of tights from them and they wanted to charge me nearly $20 just on shipping!

Bottom line is - unless something is out of stock on the international site, don't bother with them. (the website anyway).

>> No.7266219

>>7265010
Have your Aunt go to her bank or contact her card company to dispute that charge. Unless AP can provide TRACKING stating that the item was indeed delivered to you, she will get her money back.

>> No.7266236

Going to the AP store is 100% worth the trip, the girls are so nice and even though I know I was being buttered up for a huge purchase it really was a nice environment to be in.

>> No.7266244

Straight from AP USA's gift certificate section
>Please note:
Gift certificates redemption codes are sent automatically to your email address after order processes.
No physical certificates will be mailed out.

>> No.7266432

I remember one time they said they wouldn't charge me for the fail attempts at using my debit card and then they charged me 5 times for the same item. My account was over 2,000 dollars in the negative and it took 4 days for the bank to fix it.

>> No.7266583

>>7266244
That's the problem though. Instead of sending her a link they told her it was shipped out and delivered.

>> No.7266587

>>7266219
Thank you for the advice.

>> No.7266771

>>7265010
I ordered from them about a month ago and still haven't gotten the package. It doesn't help that they didn't ship it out for almost 15 days. It does have tracking on it but it still hasn't gotten anywhere besides past the dispatching from the main post office.

>> No.7266776

Wow, never ordering from AP USA now.

>> No.7266787

That's really unfortunate.
I'm from New York and when I went to their physical store last year I didn't have any issues.

Their shipping prices make me want to puke. They're clearly just jacking them up that high for profit, and it pisses me off. A sweater shouldn't cost almost $20 to ship. They can't fool me.

>> No.7266821

>>7265950
Brand bag? Are you talking about those cute eco-tote bags with the brand name printed on them? My friend ordered a lucky pack from Japan last year and got one. I got an LP from the USA site this year and was hoping it would come in one of those tote bags :(

>> No.7266828
File: 52 KB, 600x397, 62370_600.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7266821
Usually when you order from a brand store, they include an unused plastic carry bag with your package. The same sort of bag you would carry out your purchase in if you had bought it in a store in person, pic related. Lucky packs often come in a special reusable bag made specifically for the pack.

>> No.7266846

Now I'm really worried about my RC shit.

Canada Post + This Thread
plz comfort

>> No.7266914

>>7266236
This. The store is a nice place to visit but their website is kind of tricky. I missed out on the LPs too because my session timed out for no reason. There is a $5 charge to combine orders too. I called them and they combined the orders for me but it's not like it costs them extra to ship a hairbow with a dress in a FLAT RATE box.

I am sure that there are some friendly anons closeby the AP stores that can get you better shipping prices.

>> No.7266921

>>7266846
If you ordered one of those bags they restocked recently, I got mine successfully, it was delivered the 26th.

>> No.7266950
File: 306 KB, 400x299, 1356638590484b.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7266583
since there was no package to deliver, the system considers it delivered after they sent the email.

have her check her email and spam box. If it's not there, have her call the store.

>> No.7266955

>>7266914
They posted a FAQ about the session thing. You need to clear your cache/cookies in your browser.

>> No.7266965

>>7265950
sending brand bags is a very Japanese thing though; most American stores don't do that. So I could see why the American shop wouldn't?

>> No.7267219

I'm so conflicted because I want to buy those Drained Cherry thights, but the shipping cost and rigid payment methods are off-putting. Can I really NOT use a friend/family members card to purchase but have it shipped to my name and address without ten thousand proofs?

I REALLY want these damned tights.

>> No.7267458

>>7266771
Did you order something that was in stock or a new print release? They usually sell new prints as reservations and will ship when they get them in stock.

>> No.7267481
File: 36 KB, 500x332, rps1812.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

AP USA sucks because it's run by Lynda Leung (pic related), aka, the person behind Starry Candy Box and Cosplay Oneesan, both of which gained a reputation for lousy service.

Anyway, I bought a dress and skirt from the site during a sale a couple years back and while I received the items intact, they were both crammed into a flat rate box, which was bursting at the seams, and emerged very wrinkled and without the hanging tags included. I was pretty disappointed by the poor packaging considering the cost of shipping (they overcharged by almost $10 but they have some excuse about how that's compensating for the cost of them importing the items which is BS imo since they markup the item cost too). I've gotten far better packaging from people on the sales comm and for cheaper items.
I haven't bought from AP USA since.

>> No.7267491

>>7267481
Didn't she get some egl chat room closed down after someone leaked transcripts of her trashing congoers?

>> No.7267496

hh

>> No.7267498

>>7265177
They tend to arrive to work late, or take a lunch break and are closed for an hour without notice.

>> No.7267501

>>7265167
These mix ups happen a lot. I bought a few things at different times off the website and ended up getting part of my order canceled because they were sold out of the item. It's happened in three separate instances thus far.

>> No.7267540

>>7267458
It was a melty donut skirt and it had been out for awhile. It was one of the last ones that they had in that release and it was def in stock.

>> No.7267551

>>7267501
AP international does the same thing with the correction about items being sold out. It has to do with how online order software works. When you start the payment process, if you and another person start it at the same time, the system can process more than one order for the same item because it checks before it sends you out for the credit card / paypal if it has any items, and then marks the item as sold after you confirm. So it's possible for two people to start payment on the same copy of an item. It's not a flaw in their particular system; it's just how online shopping systems usually work. We just don't usually have a rush like this to buy so few of an item from any online shop that people actually see this flaw in these systems.

>> No.7267554

>>7267481
I've bought from them multiple times recently and things haven't been over packed and have had tags. So maybe they improved?

>> No.7267688

>>7267551
In one of my instances the product had been already sold in store but never taken down. Same issue occured when I purchased from Harajuku Hearts online as well.
Another instance the item was not taken offline before a convention and was sold at that event.
That shop has particularly poor inventory updating habits. A few people in my community have had similar issues.

>> No.7267763

>>7267481
wow she has massive troll face going on

>> No.7267771

>>7267481
in the last new months i've purchased from AP USA, my shipping hasnt been much (maybe cause I live in So Cal) and all my items have been correct, nicely packaged etc.

I've been curious about the owner though, is she a biological woman?

>> No.7269286

>>7267688
Yeah, I also bought a headbow from them which turned out to be at a convention. I had to message them a couple of weeks afterwards for them to even tell me that though.

>> No.7269486

>>7266914
>>7266955
And their site states that only Safari and Firefox are supported browsers. I was struggling with ordering too until I switched over from Chrome to Firefox.