[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 103 KB, 720x720, 1355098512819.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
7371995 No.7371995[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

We all hear the horror stories, but you do you have any stories or anecdotes about weebs/convention peeps/itas/etc. do that really pisses you off?

>> No.7372202

bump

>> No.7372215

The way they're all so self-assured in their stupidity. (not really con-related but) My friend works in a flower shop and in high school the weebs in the grade under us came in because the shop needed extra help to prep roses for valentines day (like cutting the thorns off). Obviously the lady who owns the shop knows her shit...this one weeb tried to convince everyone that yellow roses were the color of "jealousy" despite the owner telling her she was wrong. The owner just ended up being like "lol idgaf I know she's a crazy and likes to make things up so whatever". Kind of the same line of thought with itas who are so self-assured in their ita ways i.e. "it's totally okay to not wear a petticoat for casual lolita!" "I can do X because lolita is about expressing yourself!". I suppose this isn't something that only affects weebs but yeah.

>> No.7372230

I remember waay back when I was a lil baby weeb, one of my new middle school friends had some older friends that were super weeby. Like stereotypical bad hygiene, wapanese-babbling kind, but they kept to themselves. I thought they were sooooo cool, since they could watch all the animu they wanted, and I was only allowed twenty minutes a day. Anyway, I guess the way weebs think that what they do is soo cool liek omsqueee i rike anime desu i m so kawaii!!!111!!!1!11

>> No.7373861 [DELETED] 

I get pissed off when they steal art, or better, "I didn't TRACE it! I ~REFERENCED~ it! They're completely different!" No bitch. You traced, and knowing as many artists as I do, that's completely unfair to them. That really ticks me off, especially since those mary sue self-insert "artists" will never link to their "referenced" art or anything. It's disgusting.

I also hate it when they not only butcher the Japanese language, but make up their own meanings for words. ("Oh! Kotatsu means I love you!") Or when they get all of heir information about Japan (or solely try to learn the language) from anime. They're so stubborn! I've never met a weeb that actively tries to actually study up on things they see in anime. Like what? You mean there could actually be a reason that things are the way they are in anime? There are actual cultural traditions and stuff they they're referencing? Not everyone in Japan lives off of Raman and Pocky? Incredible.

>> No.7373862 [DELETED] 

>>7373861
Wow I actually misspelled Ramen. hat's what I get for typing while worked up

>> No.7373869

I get pissed off when they steal art, or better, "I didn't TRACE it! I ~REFERENCED~ it! They're completely different!" No bitch. You traced, and knowing as many artists as I do, that's completely unfair to them. That really ticks me off, especially since those Mary Sue self-insert "artists" will never link to their "referenced" art or anything. It's disgusting.

I also hate it when they not only butcher the Japanese language, but make up their own meanings for words. ("Oh! Kotatsu means I love you! Saiyuki means damnit!") Or when they get all of their information about Japan (or solely try to learn the language) from anime. They're so stubborn! I've never met a weeb that actively tries to actually study up on things they see in anime. Like what? You mean there could actually be a reason that things are the way they are in anime? There are actual cultural traditions and stuff they they're referencing? Not everyone in Japan lives off of Ramen and Pocky? Incredible.

>> No.7373872

Generally the way they think they know everything about Japanese (Korean for koreaboos) culture (both past and present) because "I saw it in an anime/drama!".

>> No.7373875

>>7371995
>Things weebs do to piss you off
Being their psycho weeby selves

/thread

>> No.7373878

being loud in a quiet areas, obnoxious, greasy looking, get offended really easily.

>> No.7373880

>>7373869
Learning Japanese from anime is terrible, especially since weebs don't tend to realize that people are voice acting in anime. It'd be like foreigners trying to learn English only by watching Disney shows and Loony Toons. As hilarious as it would be, could you imagine if everyone ran around talking like Mickey Mouse or Goofy?

I made the mistake of taking Japanese in high school. There were so many weebs in that class. Several girls were clearly influenced by anime, and would put on this totally fake kawaii meek anime schoolgirl shyness when they had to talk in front of the class. You'd think that'd be bad enough, but then they started squeaking in unnatural high-pitched (but quiet) voices. One day someone actually asked one of them why they were talking like that, but was ignored.

>> No.7373884

>>7373872
Have any of you come across those idiotic ones that think any and every Asian is Japanese?

>> No.7373893

>>7373884
Yes, and then when I tell them I'm Filipino, they get all,"you're not a real asian" on me.

>> No.7373898

I can't stand it when they think they know everything, then they're completely disrespectful when it comes to anything that actually deals with the real Japan. I've seen weebs flood Japanese culture festivals in shitty cosplays and relate everything to anime instead of actually going to presentations that could teach them something about the country because they think they're boring. Some even let their tempers flair when someone tries to correct them about something. It's a miracle that most of them dump all of their money on manga and overpriced convention dealers rooms so none of them can actually afford to go overseas to embarrass themselves.

>> No.7373955

I've got a story, the people involved aren't super weeb-y, so I have no horror stories of them, but damn they piss me off sometimes. I'll try to greentext.

> Staff at small, local con.
> Second or third year I'm staff.
> Have a bad run-in with one of the "lolita" designers.
> She's a nightmare to pretty much everyone.
> Other staff agrees not to invite her back again.

A few years later, she's a panelist suddenly. Whatever, I guess she's not technically an invited guest.

A few months after that:

> Staff is trying to host an anime/cosplay meetup/disaster.
> Decide to go to watch the trainwreck.
> Night before, find out crazy-ass designer is invited.
> Nope.

I ended up not going, I'm pissed that they can't stick to their principles. I don't know if anyone involved lurks here, but if they do: Screw you guys, you knew that would piss me off.

>> No.7373974

>>7372215
Not sure if baito-desu, but yellow roses -did- express jealousy and treachery back in the victorian era. That flower lady is an uncultured swine.

>> No.7374352

I had a friend of a friend weeaboo throw a cherry Fanta at me to turn my shiro coord into a guro one.

Thank god that dress was Bodyline, so it wasn't a big deal to oxy-clean it, but fuck I was mad.

>> No.7374362

This one isnt that bad but...i have a friend and whenever there is an asian in the area, doesnt even matter if that person is japanese, she'll all of a sudden say "KAWAAIII" all the time in a real high pitched voice, like 'look at me i know japanese lol XD' sometimes it can get really awkward

>> No.7374370

There's this motherfucker at work who will not fucking stop calling my friends and I 'lolicons.' He saw me and my girlfriend in lolita, and now he won't stop blabbering to me about how 'If you put one some cat ears, you could be (anime character)."

When I tell him I don't like anime, it's: "But you cosplay lolicons, right?"

When I tell him lolita isn't lolicon, it's: "But it's anime-inspired!"

When I tell him lolita was around before anime featuring lolita-esque characters existed, it's: "But how do you explain Rozen Maiden?"

When I tell him lolita's older than that, it's: "But you cosplay lolicons, right?" And from there, the whole damn circle starts again.

>> No.7374463
File: 348 KB, 2000x1048, 1377272641490.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7371995
When a weeaboo acts like watching anime makes them an expert on the entire nation.

Some weebs actually know a fair bit of Japanese history and do know a lot, and they are fun to talk to, but they are far outweighed by the kind that speak in broad strokes because they watched an anime about samaurai or whatever.

>> No.7374525
File: 1.38 MB, 300x199, 1392125738536.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7374362
I have a similar story about a girl who was in my speech class in college.

>300+lbs girl
>doesn't know what soap is
>wears naruto headband every. single. day
>on some occasions comes to class in shitty cosplay
>clings to me during classes because I wear himekaji and "that's so kawaii anon-chan =^_^=!!"
>whatever

So in the middle of the semester, our speech professor left because she was going into labor in a few weeks so we were assigned a new professor for the remainder of the semester. One morning, in walks a young Korean guy who is quite attractive, ngl. Some of the girls even talk about going to his office for extra help just to hang out with him. But this chick takes things to another level of embarrassment.

>weeb comes in next week
>horrible milanoo lace monster
>greasy, uneven pigtails
>cheap maxipad headdress
>ohdeargod.jpg
>"when he sees me in my new rorita dress he's going to be head over heels for me!!"
>constantly interrupts class with stupid questions
>calls him sensei
>gives him bedroom eyes
>mfw
>unfortunately he doesn't ask her to marry him
>she's visibly upset by the end of class
>so she wears the dress again
>and again
>and again
>I don't even think she's washing it
>she blows up one day after class
>"NANDE SENSEI?! YOU DON'T WANT ME TO BE YOUR KOIBITO? DOUSHIO?!"
>me, the few people still gathering their things, and the professor look terrified
>she storms out of the room
>feels like an earthquake

She dropped the class after that like an idiot which means she got an F. I still see her around campus a lot. I'm guessing she's taken a liking to Inuyasha since she's been wearing an ankle length white wig with ears almost daily.

>> No.7374541

>>7374352
I would have smacked a bitch, Bodyline or not. It's not okay to dirty other people's clothes on purpose holy shit

>> No.7374560

I absolutely hated when they asked if my work was anime when I was trying to get out of that habit/style, or they'd try to suggest stupid things I should draw that I've seen everyone do.
Then they'd criticize me because I like monsters/guro.

>> No.7374572
File: 2.96 MB, 500x281, 1391314854273.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>screaming at cons with no regard for the people around them

>> No.7374576

>>7374572
>screaming anywhere
>squeaking when they're scared
>awkward poses

>> No.7374578

>>7374525

wtf? This girl is in college? What kind of college do you go to?

>> No.7374597

>>7374578
I go to Brooklyn College. It's a really good school; it's been nicknamed "The poor man's Harvard." But some people never grow out of that phase, I suppose.

>> No.7374601
File: 85 KB, 625x347, dke.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7372215

>> No.7374607

>>7374370
Ohhhh he's projecting, he's projecting hard. Shut him down, holy shit.

>> No.7374617

>sitting in a circle on the ground at a con
>screaming loudly, be it memes/favorite anime lines/etc
>Acting "in character" at all times, even outside of cosplay
>Character nicknames in real life
>Free hugs signs, please stop. The joke is dead, deader than a motherfucker
>Closet cosplay

>> No.7374636

>>7373869
I completely gave up deviantart several years ago. It's just...
>see decent looking art with illiterate horseshit in the description
>go to gallery
>everything ripped off
>tons and tons and tons of MSPaint traced garbage listed as "dollz"
>horrible anatomy because they have no idea what a person even looks like
>if they even think to link the source, it's from an unsourced tumblr post, photobucket, tinypic, etc. Never a name.
>The shitheels running DA think this is an okeydokey state of affairs.

>> No.7374680

>>7374636
Deviantart has made it very apparent they only care about money.

>> No.7374933

>>7374617
>Free hugs signs, please stop. The joke is dead, deader than a motherfucker
It was a joke? I thought it was just lonely people who wanted hugs. I didn't see it as a joke. Did I miss something?

>> No.7374944

BUT RORITA IS ABOUT SELF EXPRESSION GUYYYYZ

>> No.7374976

>>7374933
I always felt like there was an air of "LOL LOOK AT ME SO ZANY" to it at first. I feel like the free hugs sign has become a go to for SO RONERY people now.

>> No.7375246

>>7374933
I think it had an internet origin but like all meme's the origin is lost now.

>> No.7375321

The one thing I hate is the "I'M HALF JAPANESE, GUYS."
Like, I know a 20-some year old chick who has been putting on the same act for YEARS now (I used to chill with her friend group/her but that has since stopped), and I don't fucking get it.

She's changed her "real Japanese name" like 4 different times, changed stories about her brother and Dad multiple times (her Dad is apparently the Japanese one, yet she never shows pictures of him), and she even "came out" as non-Japanese on her Facebook, regretted it, deleted the Facebook account then resumed calling herself half.

She's the main one I think of when this peeve comes to mind, but I definitely know a few more and have heard of a lot on top of that. It's fucking dumb.
I mean, part of me feels sorry for them cause they clearly have some kind of issue that makes them not want to totally be themselves, but I can't help but get mad. It's just so ridiculous.

>> No.7375326

>>7375321
As someone who's 1/4th Japanese this shit really pisses me off because I feel like people won't believe me or will think I'm an attention whore whenever I mention my background.

>> No.7375482

Those weebs that are really exaggerated kill me. I just got back from a con, and there was this girl that I ended up being in the same room as several times, and her reactions were all those obnoxious, obviously faked ones.
>panelist tells a joke
>loud, screeching laughter completed with bending over and slapping the knee
>asking several questions that have already been answered just to talk about her costumes that she's planning, not even starting
>commenting when the panelists are speaking
>during group participation, crazy dramatic trying to draw attention and seem ~talented (it was this singing game)
>exaggerated, enthusiastic nodding and face splitting grins and "YESSSSS" when she agreed with something

Just irritating overall. Also those people that try to hijack the panel by speaking to the hosts like they're best friends. Commenting on everything they say, and interrupting to add their two cents, even when the hosts are on a time frame, and obviously wanting them to shut up. They also always end up finding an excuse to stand up, or run to the front of the room.

>> No.7375636

>"Replicas are the same quality as brand!"

No

>> No.7375642

>>7375326
>1/4th Japanese

When I was a weeb, I claimed that I was 1/4th Japanese and was quickly called out for it. Math, girl.

>> No.7375657

>>7375642
>Math, girl.
What? My grandmother is Japanese, no one else in my family is, making my mom half, I'm half my mom therefore, 1/4th.

>> No.7375819

Despite loving japanese culture and studying the language as my major, not once have I wished I was Japanese. I just don't understand the need to be another race. I'm perfectly fine being a white-ass cracker. If anything, not being born in the culture makes me appreciate it more.

>> No.7375830

>>7374617
>sitting in a circle on the ground at cons
I think that's okay so long as it's outside. It's a nice way to take a load off. I hate people that do it inside, yes

>> No.7375836

I went to a Japanese immersion school for middle school, and kept up with my Japanese through 400 level in college. I think all in all I did about 8 years of Japanese, but I still am scared to mention that, because everyone will assume I'm a ~special snowflake weeb~.

The worst part is I didn't even get into cosplay because of my Japanese, I got into it because I worked at a tailoring shop in high school, and a girl used to get her cosplays tailored there. I started to dread how shitty all her seaming was, and tried it out to keep my sewing skills up after I left the job. I've been hooked ever since, but I try to keep my Japanese knowledge on the DL :/

>> No.7375838

>>7375819
I think it's a lot to do with wish fulfillment.
>If I'm from Japan, I'll be a lot more attractive and interesting to everyone!
>>7375830
Ah this brings me back to high school.

>> No.7375854

>>7375642

Uhh, what? You can be 1/4th something if one of your grandmothers/fathers was of that heritage and everyone else was the other race.

It's more likely that your math added up to 5/4 or 3/2. Seems like you're the one who needs to polish up your genetics/math.

>> No.7376136

>>7375321
This reminded me of a weeb back in highschool, except she was convinced that I was half-Japanese. When I said I wasn't, I was 100% caucasian, all European ancestry, white as white gets. She'd just ask if I was half-Korean. It all stemmed because we were in the school play together and she saw me putting on my makeup, the moment she saw BB cream and the hangul on the side, she flipped out.
>"OMG, ANON-CHAN, THAT HAS JAPANESE ON IT!!!"
>"Uhm, it's Korean weeb-chan, but uh... Yeah, it's because it's from Korea."
>"I always knew you looked Japanese! You have yellow skin and the big eyes!"
>what the fuck. How do I respond to this.
>"Weeb-chan... I have yellow undertones from the Polish side of my family. I'm not Japanese."
>"Ohhhh, I get it, Anon-chan! You're half-Korean, then!"
>"No. I'm just... White. All my family came from Europe."
>"... That makes so much more sense, Anon-chan! The reason only your eyes and skin look like it is because you're a QUARTER Japanese!"

This went on for a good two months before I snapped and started yelling at her. Ahhh, high school.
I also had to take a test in her math class one day, as soon as I walk in:
>"Anon-chaaaaaaaaaaaan!"
>"Please don't add -chan to my name."
>"Sorry Anon-san! I thought were close enough friends..."
>twitch.gif
>"I'm not Japanese. You're not Japanese. We're not in Japan. Its insulting to both me, and other peoples' culture you know nothing about. Stop using Japanese honorifics on everyone."

I have to admit I did get a little mean, but I was done. I would get so embarrassed, because I didn't want people to think I was a weeb, too. I also have some bad social-anxiety and having attention called to me like that can really upset me.
(Unrelated, but I managed to ace that test even though I was a little shaken from speaking out.)

>> No.7376162
File: 162 KB, 346x441, 2013-08-17_1131.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7375819
I'm happy to find another person majoring in Japanese in the internet

>> No.7376211

>>7376162
I'm in first year japanese, and tired of weebs in my prom...

>> No.7376234

>>7376211
I'm on my third year and so far ar I've only seen mild weebs luckily they aren't in my course. I guess this is because we actually deal with Japan's politics and stuff and that's why the weebs got weeded out

sage for lack of conribution

>> No.7376233

>>7376136
>>"Sorry Anon-san! I thought were close enough friends..."

Classic too good

>> No.7376258

>me and bestfriend
>along comes weeb
>befriends my bestfriend
>im chill with that
>every time we skype starts squeling when anyone even mentions anime
>tells her to calm down and be a bit more quiet.
>yells at ne and calls me an insensitive bitch
>continues to freak the fuck out
and
>went to comic com
>had decent cosplay
>friend runs up to me yelling and speaking.in this horrible "anime" voice
>killmenow.jpg

>> No.7376272

Not strictly cons but most certainly at cons due to the high concentration of weebs and the way they kind of just...bounce their weeaboo off each other like a pinball machine;

>using random japanese words in a casual sentence when not talking about anything remotely related to something japanese, especially kawaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
>read one shogun manga, always dress up as a 'samurai', always insist 'samurai swords' are the best weapon ever in history
>always talk about moving to japan despite not knowing japanese, anyone japanese or anything about japan

You will always get these weebs at cons. I think everyone focuses on the creepers, awful outfits and drama and overlooks the more casual irritation that's far more common.

>> No.7376277

>>7376234
I took two years in high school and two in college. College was devoid of weebs except maybe one or two in the first class. High school had quite a lot but eh. Actually back then I don't think the weeb term had even been invented, we just called them obnoxious. Or otaku, but they never understood that a label from glorious Japan could ever have extremely negative connotations so they probably loved it.

We also had like... The elite nerds who were too cool for Japanese class but would hang out in the hallway to make fun of everyone in the class. They also came to the first anime club meeting that was ever held and walked out halfway through because all that the organizers had to show were licensed tapes and not the newest bootleg fansubs. I guess it was always funny to me that they thought of themselves as some kind of elite nerd group... But they were still fucking nerds. They used to cluster around this attractive half Japanese guy all the time, he was the ring leader of the nerdbros

>> No.7376303

>>7376277
>>7376277
> Or otaku, but they never understood that a label from glorious Japan could ever have extremely negative connotations so they probably loved it.

Makes me laugh every time someone actually says this out loud tho lol

What really pisses me off though:
> actually butchering Japanese and not actually bothering to learn properly
> repeatedly screaming from one end of a con hall to another for some weaboo ass reason
> not bothering to hide your power level

the last one oh my god.
I go to a Catholic uni and we seriously have rules about bringing pornographic materials to the uni and then there's this fucking weeb that goes off to show his (2d) porn collection to everyone. Goddamn it. We're pretty conservative up in here

>> No.7376306

>beautiful, well-made cosplay, really impressive
>no makeup whatsoever

>> No.7376316

>>7376233
Internally, I was screaming because wtf why would she even say that to me.
I have one last story of the same weeb.
>Last night of play
>Need a ride to the post-show dinner
>She offers
>Whatever, free ride.
>Her parents come, not too unusual, we're in HS at this point in time.
>"Okaaaaaa-san!"
>Did she just call her mom...?
>She starts nuzzling against her mother going "Nya~ Nya~"
>Mother doesn't stop her, just pats her head.
>It doesn't stop.
>I get in the car and weeb-chan won't stop "nya-ing"
>Why won't it stop.
>Make it stop.
>"Okaaaaaaa-san! Anon-chan likes anime and she's 1/4 Japanese!"
>what the fuck.
>"Actually, no. Also, I'm not Japanese. I'm not Asian. 50% Polish, then 25% German and Italian. I am white. White. Weeb-chan why would you say that?"
>"Ooooooh! Gomen-desu! I forget, teehee, nya~"
>The mother's just laughing.
>Wtf. If I acted like this my mother would have tossed me out of the car.

Also, from what I know, this girl has no mental problems. I knew her before her weeb days and she was pretty normal. She was in the National Honor Society with me, so I knew she at least had good grades. But she's just so... Weeb.
(She also has an ocarina she named Dave. She carries it with her everywhere. She still makes FB statuses about it.)

>> No.7376320

I had switched from heels to flats because my cosplay shoes were murdering my feet, and so when people asked for pictures I would take like two seconds to slip into the heels. Some dude asked for a picture, I switched and said, "Sorry for the wait!" He said, "Yeah," and walked off without so much as a thank you. Also, the people who don't ask at all, but say some variation of, "I'm taking your picture now." Thanks, asshole.

>> No.7376328

>>7376320
>Also, the people who don't ask at all, but say some variation of, "I'm taking your picture now."

Honestly, I can deal with those people that just tap my shoulder and lift their camera better than I can deal with the people that just walk up and tell me they're going to take my photo.

>> No.7376330

>>7376162
Surely, I thought there were more Japanese majors on the internet? What with all the weebery going around (not that I'm calling you one).

I don't have many scary weeb stories but there was one instance in which my eyebrow went through the roof.

>Self introductions in low intermediate college japanese
>some kid starts with "sessha wa ~~"
>eyebrows were raised

For those that don't know, sessha means "I", used by samurai. It looked like SOMEbody has been watching too much samurai anime. Or maybe nobody told him that using anime language will make you look like an idiot.

>> No.7376336

Lying. I HATE it when weebs lie about things like ethnicity or language skills or what have you to seem more like their kawaii animes and mangas. I live with someone who is a prime example - he claims to be Japanese on his mother's side (usually just says "Asian" lmao) and is one the whitest, red-neckest guys I know. He kept trying to cook for us "traditional Japanese dinners" for awhile and they came out nothing like Japanese food. Says his biggest popularity point with (online only because he is a recluse) women is his Asian-ness. So on, so on.
He also wants to get his name legally changed to either Kagimaru or Orochimaru so....

>> No.7376348

>>7376316
I wasn't laughing til you told us about Dave...now I can't stop

>> No.7376361
File: 1.24 MB, 297x312, 1385672300457.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7376316
>ocarina
>not named something Leg. o Zelda related

>> No.7376362

>>7376348
Dave will always live on. Last time I saw her, she was crying because she misplaced Dave. I got scared because I had a memory lapse and thought she meant her little brother (I didn't know her brother's name, so I just assumed.) She was crying really badly, and I have this huge maternal instinct, so I'm shouting for this "kid". It doesn't help that weeb-chan can referring to the ocarina as him. "Where is he? I just saw him a second ago!"
Eventually she finds 'him'.
>Picks up a little bag (she sewed it herself, just for Dave.)
>Starts snuggling the bag.
>"Oh I thought you got lost, Dave!"
>mfw

I had been screaming around for half an hour thinking I was trying to find a lost child... And it was the ocarina. It was a ceramic egg thing with holes in it.

>> No.7376374

I have really noticeable hooded, epicanthic eyes from my father's side of the family (old southern white people...) And I used to have weebs latch onto me talking about how cool it must be to be part Asian.

No, I'm white. Very white. Cracker ass white.

>but Anon you HAVE to be adopted! Your eyes are sooooo Japanese, so pretty!

No, stop pushing your dreams on me wtf, I am in no part anything other than white.

>Anon I don't believe you! Why would you lie to me desuuuuu kaaaaaa??

And I never brought another graphic novel (wasn't even a manga, wtf) to school again. They literally tried to brainwash me or try and catch me lying about it all the time. It was so insulting, especially since I was usually hanging around with one of my Korean friends when they would corner me. And we would side-eye each other the whole time.

It's like the weirdest kind of positive racism that they display. That's real reverse racism in my book. Thinking an entire race is so cool and awesome and can do no wrong ever.

I can only assume how terrifying it would be to actually be Japanese and sniffed out by the weeb gangs in high school.

>> No.7376376

>>7376362
that's seriously horrible. I'm so sorry.
That's honestly the sort of thing that would make me fucking lose it because I'd be emotionally exhausted only to find out it was all because this dumb fuck can't keep track of a little bag. And doesn't have the emotional awareness not to make everyone freak out.

>> No.7376395

>>7376374
I was the other anon who had this happen to them.
I am so sorry for you. I know the pain. It's real.

>I can only assume how terrifying it would be to actually be Japanese and sniffed out by the weeb gangs in high school.
Not exactly the same thing, but there was a Korean guy in my HS, and he liked to do his hair and dress just like those k-pop idols. (I think I heard him say he was imitating one guy in particular, but I'm not into the k-pop scene so I have no idea.)
It was funny because while he was a pretty chill guy, he could be a complete asshole at the same time. Girls were shot down quick, and since him and I had all the same free periods and hung out in the library, I always saw it happen. It got to the point where all the k-pop fans just stopped talking to him and gave up.

>>7376376
I just walked away in a huff and left her to cuddle her thing.

>> No.7376419
File: 33 KB, 350x240, 230867-mann.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7374933
>>7374976
>>7375246
Actually it is a campaign. It's still going on, but not so much in the US because of the shit beating it took at conventions.

A guy (pictured) was sitting at a airport and saw people hugging. He'd just gotten off his flight and was waiting for a cab because no one had come to see him. and he saw a lot of people like him would get off the plane with no one to hug, and it made the guy sad to see that.

So he made a sign. From there the idea took off.

The campaign was banned in some countries and people have been arrested for it because of it's loving message. It was actually a pretty beautiful sentiment about bringing people together before a bunch of neckbeards made it about molesting young girls in cosplay.

>> No.7376420

>>7376419
whered he get a cardboard to write on

>> No.7376433

>>7376420
Pretty sure that's not the first sign he made...

>> No.7376467
File: 493 KB, 400x250, 1392662636498.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7376234
I was also majoring in japanese.
>year full of normal people who enjoyed different aspects of japanese culture
>all well adjusted and serious about studying
>not many people watching anime, and if they were they were very casual about it
>a very few furries and weebs got kicked out during first two months

>years passed, new students come along, all weebs
>they are so horrible even teachers are bitching about them to us
>shitty closet cosplays to class all day evrry day
>they read yaoi/hentai in public and discuss it
>screams, glomps and kawaii nicknames

>I overheard two underclassmen talking in the bathroom
>"Why the fuck we have to learn katakana?! They only use it for english words and shit, I don't need it!"
>"I know, right? Also that fucking whore, (teacher's name), confiscated my Junjou Romantica doujin I was reading in her class yesterday"
>"what a bitch, I hope a car runs her over"
>mfw that teacher comes out of the bathroom stall next to them

>> No.7376486

>>7376433
no shit. that's just the guy who started it not the first picture of his first time doing it

>> No.7376502

>>7376467
That's fucking awful.

>> No.7376507

>>7373880
Funny enough the thing that really helped me learn English was South Park, as long as you also actually have a real "program" to learn the language I think it's fine, you get a more "real" sense of how the language is used with the show and you get the "proper" way to speak it too.

>> No.7376511

>there's a weeb meet-up somewhere
>THEM ANGRY STARES whenever they see someone more ~alternative~ like a lolita or a well dressed gothic chick

what's with this behaviour?! Emos were the worst with this, thank god they died out

>> No.7376533

>>7373869
In my weeb days ( 11-14 yrs old) I would often ask artists in Deviant Art if I could copy one of theyr drawings to practice structure and painting ( I was really into drawing). Most of them were ok with it and after posting my drawings I would link and send a note to them, sometimes they even gave me advice to improve... But there were always people bitching about how I had stolen other people's art

>> No.7376538

>>7376467
I hope the teacher listed their doujinshi on eBay starting at 99 cents. Also
>goofing off in Japanese language class
They're gonna flounder faster than they can say wakarimasen.

>> No.7376549
File: 552 KB, 500x341, 32435245423534.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Augh I hope this is a place to share stories because lord all might I just finished up the epilogue in my own personal weeb hell.

I'm finishing up my English degree and I've decided I want to do the whole teach English over sea's thing, specifically Hong Kong, Korea, or Japan since they pay better than most places. Chose Japan cause hey I know the culture a little better than the others and my inner weeb wants to go see the place for myself for a while. All fun and good, my roommate wants to do the same thing in Russia so we motivate each other to work on our respective language goals which means a lot of hours in the kitchen helping each other with japanese and russian. It all worked well and good for a while.

Enter a friend from the local BJD comm. I knew her casually through doll stuff and when I found out she needed a place to stay for a week or so while in between moving I offered mine up since I lived close ish to her work and had a spare room (cleared it with my room mate first of course) and oh my mother fucking god worst decision ever.

> "Oh Kawaii nee anon chan you want to go to Japan? I bet you want to go there just for Volks"
volks being a very well known BJD brand.
> "No, I want to go there for work. They pay well, besides I dont buy that brand of dolls."
>"Oh so youre going there for akiabara?"
>"No, I'm going to teach."
>"Oh so then anime?"
>"NO IM GOING THERE FOR THE JOB I WANT"
>"Oh so youre going there for volks?"

which doesnt sound so bad, but every god damn day. She also lied when she said it would only be for a few weeks and stayed for over a month, and since she had no place else to go I felt bad for kicking her ass out to the streets and put up with it longer than I should have.

>> No.7376563
File: 20 KB, 199x149, eyebrows of anger.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7376549
Oh but it keeps going.

She constantly watched anime super loud, and claimed that it would some how help my Japanese. She always 'educated' me with Japanese trivia I should know if I want to live there like "You know your students will have to call you sensie! You know what sensie means right?" (Like I watch anime to, I know what the fuck sensie means), not to mentions he constantly berated my room mate about how Russian was a 'baka choice desu'

I felt tricked. She wasn't nearly that bad when I had seen her at doll shit, its like a vampire. I invited her into my house and the weeb was unleashed and determined to suck all the joy out of my life.

When she said to me that "Oh I just had a great idea! Maybe I'll move to japan to and we can live together it will be so great!" Is when I had my last straw. That very night I told her she had to be out by the end of the week.

I no longer talk to her and doll stuff is awkward as hell now, but all I can do is hate her with such a passion. She wasn't a mean person but by god there is only so much an anon can take before they snap. And I hit my snapping point.

>mfw she still messages me on facebook about all the awesome things I'll need to check out in japan
>has decided she wants to go teach in japan even though she doesn't even have a college degree let alone one in English.

Sorry long rant is long just, /cgl/ never invite a weeb into your house. Never.

>> No.7376565

>>7376511
All the emos and 'goths' (badly dressed ones) in the UK are still like this.

>> No.7376570

What's the deal with random white cosplayers on facebook using Japanese names or using an obviously fake alias like Tim The Dark Sephiroth or some retarded shit? Is that like an alt account for their cosplay stuff because they have enough sense to hide it from their normalfag friends? Or do they legitimately think those names are a good idea?

>> No.7376572

>naruto is the best manga ever
>its been around for ages
>best plot
>best character development
>The comedy rock lee spin off is hilarious too
>its the only thing that will keep me going when naruto ends
>I know theres other manga but naruto is my favorite and im gonna die when it stops

>wonders why no one takes him seriously

>> No.7376581

>>7376511
Emo was a giant pissing contest on who could be the most attractive and most popular emo person on myspace and fuck the most attractive and most popular emo person on myspace. Even though the whole emo thing was supposed to be they're sad because they have no friends and or gf/bf. It's the exact same shit as the 'top' pro cosplayers and well known lolitas. Popularity contests filled with jealousy and bitterness at anyone who they see as a threat to their own popularity.

>> No.7376587

>>7376563
>sensie

>> No.7376590

>>7376419
Seems pretty fucking stupid.

>> No.7376591

>>7375642
Do you know how fractions work?

>> No.7376593

>>7376587
Woops! Meant to say sensei. That adds a level of un intended irony to my rant.

>> No.7376908

Aside from everything mentioned above, I have a friend who is turning to the weeb side and dragging her boyfriend with her. Here is what happens about once a month and has been going on for a year now.

>"Anon we need a new animu, what is a good one to watch?"
>Give them about three generic anime since they refuse to watch anything unless its in english, new, or on toonami.
>"Idk anon all the cosplay I see of that anime sucks ass."
>me: wtf? whatever you asked for my opinion.
>Beginning of next month
>"omg anon all my instagram and tumbler friends keep telling me to watch x anime so I bought the whole thing"
>x anime happens to be one of the ones I recommended many times I mention this but they ignore me.
>They watch it, become obsessed with it saying how amazing it is.

Its starting to get bad, I'm watching them become weebs and I feel powerless to stop it.

>> No.7377132

>>7376467

Seeing shitters invade your academic focus area is the worst, particularly since you have to interact with them all the time and occasionally tutor them.

Thankfully, I never had to deal with weebs studying Russian but, the experience is universal. Though the newest students when I was leaving seemed like a good bunch.

>> No.7377192

>>7376570

The latter, don't underestimate their severe autism.

>> No.7377269
File: 427 KB, 1280x960, IMG379.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I'm just that one guy who always has weed and is always watching anime or playing vidya

>> No.7377278

I think in a general sense the thing that bothers me the most about the majority of weebs is the super underdeveloped sense of empathy they all seem to have.
Literally every weeb I've ever met seems to be wrapped up in their own world and incapable of reading anything but the most extreme emotions in other people.

It just makes me kinda sad because in some of them I can see the really cool and well adjusted person they could have turned into if they had learned their social skills from talking to people rather than watching anime.

Easy example:
My group of friends have the habit of picking up strays at the conventions we go to. Sometimes these people can be really cool and we become friends. Other times they end up being complete weirdos. Most of them are too nice/oblivious to cut the weirdos loose. The way they get around feeling too bad about this is by giving the oddballs nicknames. Last year's stray was a kid we named "Space". This kid wasn't an aggressive or mean weeb, he was the kind of weeb that wears the same goddamn leather trench coat from an anime ALL WEEKEND without taking it off. Ever. You could tell from the smell.
Eventually he wore out his welcome (~6 hours total) and couldn't pick up on any social queues that he wasn't part of the group. No one laughed at his terrible jokes anymore or smiled at his "kooky" antics. It was just kinda sad. He spent the rest of the weekend tagging along and never once picked up on it.

>> No.7378153

Is it possible to make someone stop being a weeb?

>> No.7378211

>>7378153
I never really tried. It would be best to point out how their behavior is rude and how offensive or ignorant they are being and point them in the right path, though.

>> No.7378222

There's a girl in my class who is very attached to me (she's quite a bit younger), she's still in that awkward teen weeb stage. Very very sweet girl but she just...doesnt....bathe. Or wash her hoodie that she wears every day. She has that musty unwashed oily hair smell plus the smell of old dogs and its just overpowering to sit next to her and I really don't know how to politely tell her about it. Our classes are for a very self-image-based industry and I'm kind of surprised she made it this far without someone talking to her about it.

>> No.7378229

>>7378153
>>7378211
The thing is I'm 90% sure that a majority of weebs, especially the bad ones that keep weebing out into adulthood, have some degree of autism, i.e. there's literally something mentally wrong with them. You could try to talk it out with them but they're going to have a hard time adjusting and be socially awkward anyways.

>> No.7378236

Being extremely over defensive about anything anime. I called Haruhi a slut and the weeb threw a hissy fit.

On the other hand I've insulted characters in game of thrones and breaking bad regularly and no-one gives a shit.

>> No.7378245

>>7378236

I'm surprised. I've had people get butthurt at me IRL for hating on Sansa and Dany.

Then again, the majority of my class are closet ultra feminists. It's sort of weird.

>> No.7378260

>>7378245
Come to think of it the only other time someone has reacted that badly about a fucking fictional tv series is when I was talking to a feminist about Skylar, she got extremely butthurt and defensive. According to her Skylar is a saint who can do no wrong.

Weebs are the same about anime characters they fetishize, atleast the one I know well is.

>> No.7378263

>>7376330
Once upon a time I considered taking Japanese as an elective mostly because I thought it would be fun and I liked the language and culture so why not.

>First class is introductions
>Teacher wants us to say our name, major and why we're taking the class
>girl with a terribly mantained jew fro has her turn
>"watashi was anna-chan and my major is nippon and nihongo studies and I'm taking the class since i'm watching anime on japanese tv at home and trying to read japanese manga

I ended up taking a different elective but for the week that I stayed she was the most obnoxious and weeby.

>> No.7378267

>>7378260

Oh yeah, I remember being way overly defensive about the characters I liked. I grew out of it though.

I don't hang out much with weebs anymore. Closest to what you're talking about was my ex-bf who took his crush on Konata very seriously and removed what he had of her when he started dating me. It was a half touching, half creepy move on his part.

>> No.7378274

>kurofai
>kurofai
>kurofai
>if you think kurogane was with tomoyo, you're wrong because X
>If you think anything against kurofai you're wrong because x
>TouYuki
>Gouhou Drug
>DouWata
>FuumaKamui
>SeishiSubaru
>Every clamp BL pairing in existence
>omg fanfics
>omg smut doujin

Not gonna lie, I'm still a massive fangirl or everything CLAMP. But I've become much much MUCH less vocal about my opinions

>but really you're blind if you don't see that KuroFai is a thing.

>> No.7378277

>>7378274

>seishisubaru

Still one of my favorite pairings.

You can see I don't fandom much anymore. Nothing's really knocked that soap opera of a pairing out of my mind.

>> No.7378292

>>7378277
Kurofai is like my drug. I still read fics a lot, and I still squeal when I reread the manga.

I can't help myself.

But I used to go out and flame people who supported them with other people (mainly because it ACTUALLY doesn't make any sense, but I digress) and get REALLY angry about it.

Now I just say, "Well, you can have your retarded pairing if you want I guess."

>> No.7378298

I'm too tanned of an asian for people to even so much as look at me and think "OMG ASIAN = JAPANESE?!" so thank god for not attracting that attention. But I have a friend who has very long black hair and is incredibly pale and just attracts so much attention from annoying people. It doesn't help that she is both Korean and Japanese (though she is more Korean), so it just makes people want to talk to her more.

My friend has told me stories of these people she met in her beginning Japanese class, with two guys hitting on her (one she had to outright tell him she didn't like him but he continued to be obnoxious, the other guy asked her to be the Maka to his Soul), a girl who is just so airheaded and is always loud and my friend felt she was taking care of her too much, and the other is some chick who is wayyyy overly obsessed with herself and made her own cosplay page for her ORIGINAL CHARACTER, DO NOT STEAL.

>> No.7378338

>>7378292
Related; just realised that my husbando's voice actor also plays Ira Gamagōri in KLK so I'm now 100% more interested.

Why do I have to be such a weeb inside?

(I'm sort of behind on KLK

>> No.7378455

I went to Highschool with these 4-5 weebs. One got SUPER ill and ended up dropping out in grade 10, he was pretty cool.

The other 4, not so much. 2 of them were the typical Fat neckbeards, while the other 2 were these tall, seedy assholes. Out of all of them, only one actually finished highschool, and he didn't even graduate.

In the yearbook, where we were supposed to list 3 people we looked up to and why we'd want to go to dinner with them, plus a short description. While everyone had 2 or three sentences, he took up almost a PAGE with his shitty waifus.

I saw one of them the other day, he was wandering around in a meme shirt, checkered fedora, cargo shorts and sneakers with flames, i shit you not.

>> No.7378464

So I have a story, it's not an horror story at all but kinda weeb story still.

>be me, classic lolita, first year at the uni, japanese culture classes
>meet 'Mari' (fake name for privacy)
>'Mari' as an actual super western sounding name, but shorten it to Mari because it's cuter and slightly japanese
>Mari and I are really alike : she wears gyaru fashion, we both are third gen inmigrant looking white but with arabian sounding familly names, strict father in liberal profession, kinda wealthy.
>Mari is obsessed with Japan. She isn't obnoxious at all about it, but seems really naive about how life is over there, we speack japanese together to practice, she litteraly eat and lives japanese.
>She dates this japanese guy she only have seen twice in her life when she traveled over there.
>She is nice, really good at japanese, hard working.
>Shit goes wrong
>Her parents wants her to find a 'true job', so they want her to go in law school and stuff and drop our current classes. (my parents used to be the same but are less closed minded)
>She refuses
>Parents cut off all her loans
>Loose her appartment, need to work and can't go to school anymore
>I'm really worried about her
>She refuse any help, don't even want to sleep at my flat when she almost becomes homeless
>We more or less loose contact
>From what I gathered she is working hard and plan to fly to Japan to leave over there this summer, I've seen a picture of her with a ring, maybe she is engaged with her japanese guy.

I just cross my fingers she doesn't have too much problem over there. She seems quite naive cabout japanese society and gaijin acceptance, so I'm really worried about her...

>> No.7378477

>>7378263
That always annoys. When one takes Japanese solely to watch anime/read manga, my weeb-o-radar goes off.

>> No.7378498
File: 131 KB, 800x1143, 1365196063937.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7376419

>> No.7378559

>>7376908
I know this feel. One of my friends asked my opinion on what anime to watch and 6 months later he greets me with ohaiyo, anon-chan!

yes, he.

>> No.7378577
File: 27 KB, 513x700, JapanShitBitchNigga.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7373880
>You will never learn Japanese from /int/

>> No.7378579

>>7378577
That's supposed to be
>English

Fuck I'm retarded

>> No.7378586

This girl has started following me around at college because my boyfriend made the mistake of picking me up this one particular day. Never spoke to her before that because I could feel the weeb vibes radiating from her soul. The next day there was just a whole bunch of "OMGGGG I'M SO JEALOUS OF YOU BECAUSE YOU HAVE A KAWAII NIPPON BOYFRIEND XDDDD"

My boyfriend isn't even Japanese, he's Chinese.

>> No.7379473

This seems like an apropriate thing to ask... What do you call a weeb whose center is other countries?

Like, for example... A weeb is to Japan as my friend is to France.

...And my father is to Mexico.

What are these french and mexican weebs called?

>> No.7379486

>>7379473
"country name"-ophile or fag if you want it's also funny if you incorporate some of the native language into it. my friend is obsessed with austria so we call him an austria-fag or a Wiener-phile(because wiener means from Vienna)

>> No.7379838

>>7376511
yeah like what the fuck i dont understand, i had this exact thing happen to me today
is it about jealousy or is it about feeling like someone else is being more ~unique~ than them

>> No.7379845

>>7379838
It's jealousy

>> No.7379847

> "Western animation isn't nearly as good as anime! That's why I don't want it!"

>> No.7379854

>>7379847
I hate people who say this, I admit I like anime more because I like the fuck out of cute things and western shows have little to none of that, but still fuck don't be all snowflakey about it.

>> No.7380040
File: 59 KB, 549x411, 1316043705531.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I really can't stand the weebs that don't know how to keep their hands to themselves. Ngl, back in high school I still had weeb tendencies, but was growing out of it as I made friends with other interests. Because I did like anime though, I somehow made friends with this group of underclassmen. One of them was this emo, bisexual weeb who just knew she was going to marry an Asian guy. I could tell so many stories of her adventures with dating middle aged Asian guys on the internet, but that's another thread. She had this habit of groping the girls in the group with bigger tits, myself included. She would just out of nowhere run up to us and squeeze our boobs shouting "Name-SENPAI~" If we ran, blocked her, or told her to quit, she just thought we were being tsun tsun. I went through damn near 3 years of this because she wouldn't understand the meaning of stop.

>> No.7380053

>>7380040
>She would just out of nowhere run up to us and squeeze our boobs shouting "Name-SENPAI~"

That shit's priceless.

>> No.7380083

>weebs running down hallways screaming at cons
>tearing our "Do Not Disturb" signs off and taking them
>stealing the hotel phone receivers and replacing them with bananas "lawl so randum!!! gir is mah spirit animal"
>really badly drawn OC "original character do not steal!!!"

I want to slaughter them.

Also, a weeb friend in highschool literally shoved yaoi at my face. He opened a book of yaoi, hit me in the face with it yelling "LOOK!" and pushed it forward when I tried backing away.

>> No.7380087
File: 470 KB, 450x192, 1371013402705.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7379847
Western animation is and always will be vastly superior.

>> No.7380098
File: 250 KB, 500x280, rin.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I'll never forget that one girl I knew in high school who gave me some terribly drawn Kirby yaoi. It's like... girl, I like Kirby, but what makes you think I'd think this is okay? Meta Knight's dick was more than I needed to see.

That wouldn't be the only time, either. She'd try and push all kinds of bad yaoi of my favorite things onto me.

>> No.7380103

Just trying to act like anime characters in real life, their pose, their mannerisms, the way they speak and act, it just doesn't fucking work in real life you fucking fools.

No one thinks you're kawaii by screaming, squealing, squeaking, clinging on to people's arms, tackling people with hugs, except for other weebs. Just get a sense of reality, that's all I want.

>> No.7380105

>>7371995
Awkward high fives and fistbumps.

>> No.7380119

>>7380103
>Just trying to act like anime characters in real life, their pose, their mannerisms, the way they speak and act, it just doesn't fucking work in real life you fucking fools.
>tfw I used to fall to the ground if someone said "sit" or "osuwari"
>tfw forever ashamed

>> No.7380124

>>7379473
Francoboo, Beanaboo

>> No.7380130

not weebs, mainly homestucks
>they squeal
>they all look similar (thin androgyne men)
>they are aggressive
>they use the same in-jokes so often people who don't even know what homestuck is grimace
what is wrong with these people, besides being primarily 14-16

>> No.7380133
File: 1.62 MB, 205x280, 1344482087342.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7380119

>> No.7380146

>>7380103
Augh... I used to do the same things... Luckily, I was really young when I got into anime, so my weeb stage was when I was 7.
I used to do the Tokyo Mew Mew (I knew it as Mew Mew Power at the time) poses and I wanted to be just like Ichigo/Zooey.
Don't even mention Pita Ten. For a good 6 months I put "su" at the end of my sentences. Luckily my mother told me to stop being retarded, which ended my weeb stage after about a year or two.

>> No.7380147

>>7380083
Oh lord, I've never heard of that happening at any cons I've been to. That's terrible.

>> No.7380151

They're virgins.

I find virgin guys to be really pathetic.

>> No.7380162

I find that subtle weebs are more terrifying than those "painfully-obvious holy-fuck-written-in-neon-lights-over-their- greasy-heads" weebs. Subtle weebs appear on the surface to be normal, functioning members of society -- not quite a "normal fag" but you would hardly expect them to be as batshit crazy as they are. More often that not Asians tend to fall into this category of weeb. Either that or there seems to be this unspoken agreement that Asians "can't" be weebs because they are Asian and therefore "closer" to being Japanese. I met one such weeb during my animu phase when I was a weeb in secondary school and I am glad that I realized and ran for the hills.

> "X" is 100% Chinese and claims to be proud of her heritage and culture.
> Born and raised in North America.
> Makes every effort to distance herself from any ABC stereotypes by amping up her "FOB levels"
> Gets all kinds of moist when weebs mistaken her as Japanese.
> Insists her mother call her by her "Japanese name".
> Gratuitous use of Japanese in public places.
> Acts like some sort of animu character in public places (the whole uguu, skipping around, higher than normal voice, exaggerated facial expressions and hand gestures, pointing to her nose when referring to herself kawaii desu yo bullshit).
> Be an annoying short bitch who always has to announce to the world how tiny and delicate she is.
> Bonus points for claiming that her being vertically challenged automatically grants loli and DFC status.
> Is a skinny pear but is no less than an A-Cup and at best looks to be her age.
> Puts on that innocent virginal "imouto-chan" whilst enjoying getting her shit off on crappy yaoi fics.
> Had a painful "I'm Konata from Lucky Star phase".

1/2

>> No.7380170

>>7380040
I feel your pain. I had a friend of a friend (both of which were weebs), who seriously didn't understand what 'no' meant. She'd grope my friend, she'd pull my hair, she'd pinch us, and she'd cackle when I would yell at her for it. And then do it some more.
I completely separated myself from her because I was so fucking sick of it. I'd completely avoid her and sometimes my friend, just so I didn't have to deal with the goddamn hair-pulling.

>> No.7380172

>>7380103
Once at a con a weeb friend got mildly annoyed at a mutual friend and wound up screaming "BAKA!" at him and kicking him in the shin so hard that she left a really big bruise that didn't go away for a month. I felt so bad for him. He -was- being a little annoying, but it was in a friendly way and he definitely didn't deserve that. After he fell over writhing in pain (which, he normally could take a hit, so that was out of character) she came to her senses and apologized. She had anime physics in mind, but was smart enough to realize -after the fact- that they aren't applicable to real life and when you kick people they actually get hurt.

Luckily she learned from that encounter, and to my knowledge she doesn't whale on people like that anymore. Occasionally she'll bop people lightly, but she hasn't had an overly exaggerated violent outburst since then. I could tell she felt terrible about actually hurting the guy.

>> No.7380175

>>7380162

> Also had a short fake-boi stage where she put on this seme badass persona.
> Aspires to be an aidoru/J-Music artist.
>"Lives out" said dreamu by performing at a local con in its shitty meido cafe/idol competitions that no one cares about.
> Hates gaijin artists (ie: Himeka, Beckii Cruel etc).
> "omfg dat whitey weeaboo bitch thinks she can go and have a career in Japan"
> Insists that she is yandere and is creepy/possessive as fuck when talking about the shit she would do to boyfriends/crushes/underage boys/underage male characters.
> Fails classes and blames friends for taking away precious study time by organizing get togethers that she doesn't even attend because she is too busy staying up to 4 am watching animu and reading mango or shit fanfics.
> To my knowledge she hasn't changed a bit and this bitch is a grown ass 24 year old woman.

The sad thing is is that her friends (most of which are weebs/fedora neck-beards and bronies) encourage this shit because "she is a kawaii asian and is therefore real life anime".

2/2

>> No.7380179

>>7380087
Depends. Are we talking Almost Naked Animals vs any Miyazaki film? Or are we talking Snow White vs Boku no Pico?

>> No.7380180

>>7380172
Weirdly happy ending, I didn't think learning that kind of stuff was possible.

How many poor boys have gotten their balls kicked by stupid weebs though...

>> No.7380191

I've never known any truly hardcore weebs, but I regret ever introducing my normalfag friend to anime.
>friend knows I'm into manga and anime
>asks me what I'm watching this season and for any recommendations
>decide to start him off easy with SnK
>I drop the anime like 6 episode in
>he's still really into it
>every week he tries to speculate about things I already knew from the manga
>don't want to tell him how bad it is

I'm also that guy that reads manga on his smartphone in public, but that's not too bad.
R-right?

>> No.7380197

>>7380191
Nah, just as long as you're not supposed to be paying attention. Kind of like how reading a book is good, but not when you're crossing the street or just walking in general. But sitting down someone? Yeah, I'd imagine that's fine.

>> No.7380198

>>7380197
JFC I meant to say somewhere not someone.

>> No.7380207

ITT elite weeaboos hating on pleb weeaboos

>> No.7380212

>>7380207
Compared to the rest of the anime related boards I'd say /cgl/ has the lowest power level.

>> No.7380213

>>7380207
Yes.

>> No.7380225

>>7380191
>I'm also that guy that reads manga on his smartphone in public, but that's not too bad. R-right?
Nah, I knew a chick who would read Sasunaru yaoi fanfiction during class. Those are the weebs. You're good.

>> No.7380270

>>7380146
same. when i was 10 my weeb friends were really into tokyo mew mew.
>everyone assigned a character
>roleplay over the phone
>"NANODA!!!!" after every sentence

>> No.7380272

What gets me the most is people who are in to shipping and fandom who bring that shit up around normal people. Yeah, I'm probably a bad person for separating my fandom friends from my 'normal' friends, but there is a difference. I have one friend who will occasionally bring stuff up. It it so awkward.

>> No.7380280

>>7380179
Why are you comparing movies to shows? Shows are made for everyday viewing, while movies are made to leave some kind of impression.
That being said, I think Miyazaki is on par with Disney's golden age.

>> No.7380293

>>7380207
>ITT people who know how to function in society cringing at those who don't
ftfy

>> No.7380301

>>7379473
>in mexico the equivalent to gaijin is gringo

>> No.7380316

>>7380272
I have one of those- I have to make sure she doesn't meet any of my non weeb friends otherwise she'll talk their ear off about w/e show she's into for hours, and she doesn't understand subtle hints so someone has to be really obvious so she can understand and it's so embarrassing.

>> No.7380322

>>7380270
Oh gosh. That makes me happy I didn't have friends until I was like, 12. (not weeb related, I was bullied because I was sick.) I would have probably ignored my mom and remained a weeb.

>> No.7380336

>>7380172
Oh god, you're making my past rush back
>Middle school
>Had a guy friend
>Whenever I said hello to him, I'd sock him in the stomach. Thought I was being a 'one of the guys' goofball.
>He was just trying to look tough and grit his teeth every time
>One day we were hanging out with friends, I punch him his greeting
>He blows up, yells at me, and storms out of the house
>I stand there in shock
>Other friends: "Yeah, I saw that coming. Didn't you know you were hurting him, Anon?"
WHY DID YOU THINK THIS WAS A GOOD IDEA, MIDDLE SCHOOL ME

>> No.7380355

>>7380336
Have you ever been punched in the stomach?
Shit hurts.
Next time you sock one of the guys, do it on the arm or something.

>> No.7380364

>>7380355
>Next time you sock one of the guys, do it on the arm or something.
This was many many years ago and I was very very stupid. I do not punch people anymore.

>> No.7380461

>>7379473
France is Francophile, I've never known anyone to think positively enough about mexico to merit a word.

>> No.7380477

>>7380461
It's literally Mexicophile.

>> No.7380506

>>7378464
>gaijin acceptance
Yeah, no... even visitors are given a hard time outside of normal tourist attractions

>> No.7380514

im a full out fucking weeb but the fucking acting like an anime char is what really fucking pisses me off like goddamn. why the fuck are you doing that you dense fuck. And then the fucking horrible poorly spliced japanese (though im guilty of that shit by being like damn niggy thats sugoi as fuck) but jesus does it have to be every other goddamn word. but yeah being a full out weeb myself there are some who have transcended weeb and become some fucking monstrosity
also if anyone wants i have some stories from the only rime i went to the japanese culture club back in high school

>> No.7380529

>>7380514
> japanese culture club back in high school

Oh god why didn't my high school have these things. I would have joined just to laugh at all the spaghetti.

>> No.7380531

>>7380170
I have the same problems with tickling. No matter how old I get it seems that my sides attract people of weebish nature. My usual counter is a good punch after a few warnings.

>> No.7380567

>>7380529
it was weeb heaven but here:
>be 17
>first meeting
>go with the kids i skated with
>walk in only to be greeted with a discussion on some fucking naruto thing
>look at this one kid
>there is just and aura of autism radiating of of his body
>get a text from friend standing next to me
>"Anon what the fuck is up with these turbonerds?"
>try no to die of laughter as the weebs talk about animu
>conversation leads into OC's
>ohgodwhy.jpg
>kid with autist aura pulls out a folder of fucking OC's out of his giant backpack
>recolors and printed OC's everywhere
>ghetti fills the room at a rapid pace

>> No.7380587

>>7380567
The closest I've ever had to a "weab" experience is when some short lanky asian pulled a a knife on this scary short eastern european kid.

The euro kid went full liam neeson mode and started whispering about the shit he's done and seen and the asian just sort of whimpered away.

Instead of getting a bunch of autistic losers I got a bunch of degenerates and serial killers in the making at my school.

>> No.7380649

>>7380529
Oh man, in high school I took Japanese for three years, and also was super into art. Pretty much every time someone saw me drawing, even if it was like fucking Rainbow Brite, I would get asked if I was in that club. Drove me nuts.

>> No.7380693

>>7380506
I know that, but she doesn't seems to realize it at all...

>> No.7380860

>Friend went through weeb phase, but so did I so no big deal we were younguns
>I become sane, watch animu occasioanlly, also other random shit
> Friend who I will call K turns into average tumblrtard
>omG GUYS SUPERWHOLOCK XD ASDFGHJKL; DFGHJDFRDE4RDTRUU5S
>Still a nice person when not being obnoxious, so deal with it
>Gets me to watch sherlock
>Wow this is a good show
>K is freakishly obsessed with Benedict Cumberbatch
>Lots of screams and hnnggggs and that sort of stuff
>According to girlfriend, in her science class she just looks at pictures of him the whole time
>While squeeing
>Keeps trying to show her pictures during lectures
>GF is too polite to do anything about it
>Lets her copy homework because K is super sensitive and will flip shit if she doesn't
Another K story
>Chat on FB
>She says something about cumberbatch
>Can sense onslaught of asdfghjkl; so sexy!!!!!
>Dude chill
>DUDE WTF DONT TELL ME TO CHILL I WAS JUST SAYING SOMETHING ABOUT CUMBERBATCH GOD
>Chill thats like all you talk about
>UGH THATS NOT THE ONLY THING I TALK ABOUT WTF
>Don't want to fight so back down
I'm just so fucking done with her bullshit but she's really sweet when she isn't being a total tumblrtard
what do I do
>One final gem
>Make some weeb jokes to my girlfriend, she usually eats with us so she joins in
>mfw she's the superwholock equivalent of a weeb

>> No.7380884

>>7378245
>hating on dany
u a shit

>> No.7380890

>>7379473
>>7380461
>>7380124
>not ouiaboo

>> No.7381013

>>7380040
i knew a girl like that.
>she constantly touched my boobs
>ran her greasy fingers through my hair
>stole my bag and ran away
>grabbed my glasses off my face
>stole food from me during lunch
>one day she runs up to me and knocks me into the wall and grabs at my tits, as usual
>i snap
>i pull back and slap her in the face, hard
>she drops to the ground and screeches (she was being dramatic, i didn't hit her that hard)
>i kick her in the stomach and another friend yanks me off of her so i don't do anything else
>the dumb bitch is acting like i stabbed her
>i end up getting suspended for a week because i had a history of physically assaulting people who would fuck with me
lots of stories of mean people messing with me and i'd just beat them because after that they wouldn't come near me. earned a bad rep but at least i was left alone.

>> No.7381015

>>7380514
A lot of my friends do that "nigga that's sugoi"/"wow look at this dress it's so kawaii" thing, more or less unironically. that I can tolerate but if someone comes up to me like "HELLO ANON-CHAN WHAT A SUGOI DAY DESU NEE ^_____^" then it's just......no.......................

>> No.7381016

>>7380587
>eastern european
hell yeah motherfuckers don't fuck w us

>> No.7381021

>>7375326
Oh god, same here. This is the only reason of why I don't put my entire name on facebook. So many weebs with fake japanese names. I feel like if I put my entire name people will immediately relate it with anime or whatever.
I also don't mention it on public since I look more like my dad's side (white) than my mom's (japanese). My eyes are almond shaped, my teeth are weird and my mouth is small but japanese-y, and I still look like my dad.
I just fucking hate weebs so much. They make me ashamed of something I am.
It doesn't help that I live on a motherfucking third world country full of ignorant ugly people.

>> No.7381026

>>7373893
geographically, flips are Asian. depending on what area you are from you could be distantly related to Malaysians, Asians, or pacific islanders. doesn't really matter since the phillipines is a cluster fuck of different dialects and shit.

>> No.7381044

>>7381026
The Philippines is located on the pacific/oceania plate (Papua New Guniea, Solomon Islands etc) though not on the Asian plate. Politically, we are Asians though

sorry for being a geographyfag I actually researched this to prove a point to a friend before lol

>> No.7381129

>>7380040
Oh god.

>hanging out with my friends at an anime convention
>some much younger vocaloid cosplayer girl tags along
>she's friend of a friend of a friend, seems nice enough
>she suddenly goes "oh my, your boobs are so big~~" and GRABS THEM
>before I could even process what is going on a photographer appears out of nowhere and takes a pic of us
>WHAT
>yelled at the girl, spend the rest of the day feeling weirdly dirty
>Checked con's photo gallery later
> that one photo is nowhere to be seen
>RELIEF

>> No.7381154
File: 35 KB, 298x246, 1384761044364.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Me and a friend studied Japanese for about six years because we figured that since we're already into anime, Japanese games, etc., we might as well learn the language so we can import and understand things without waiting on localizations
>At this point our grip on the language is pretty damn solid, with only issues in some Kanji and more advanced grammar
>Talking to each other in moonspeak out of boredom at a con (Keep in mind this is a white dude with cropped blonde hair talking to a black guy with knee-length dreads here)
>Some weeb approaches us and decides to chatter their broken as shit Japanese at us, missing all kinds of articles and honorifics
>Start insulting her in Japanese with a smile on our faces, pretty much saying "Your Japanese is terrible, stop speaking the language."
>I'm assuming she took it as a compliment because we were smiling and left with "ITADAKIMASU!" which I'm assuming she thought meant "thank you".
>Wind up seeing her later at an In-N-Out because we were hungry as shit
She introduces us to her "Kawaii Nee-san" and other friends
>Me and my friend having to bite back our seething rage during this entire conversation

>> No.7381187

>>7381021
I'm the anon you replied to and while I don't live in a 3rd world country(barely fuck murrica) I have the same issue, looking like my dad's non-japanese side, fucking swedish/german roots man, I have a lot of features though. I pretty much have to hide my heritage. I mentioned it one time to my lolita group. because my mom had sent me a photo of her and her new dog, and someone asked "ooh you're mom looks a bit asian is she chinese?" All the ita weebs swarmed on me as soon as half japanese came out, and some girl even started a rumor about me lying and said I was just mexican. Everyone wanted to go visit my grandma who is old and never leaves the house. Fuck weebs man, fuck, weebs.

>> No.7381195

>>7381154
I hate these kinds of weebs too ugh. Why the fuck can't they just observe and memorize the patterns and conjugations in anime?! At least the basic ones like introductions and shit ugh

though I'm a failure at particles and conjugation ;_; もっと勉強します

>> No.7381197

>>7381195
conniicheewah bawcaw anon sawun

>> No.7381199

>>7381195
I fell you, I'm so bad at kanji
漢字が大嫌いです t.t

>> No.7381205
File: 150 KB, 161x250, 9b2.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7381154
This reminds me of a story of my own...
>be 1/4 Japanese anon
>have super weeb emo/scene bi/gay/pan friend
>emo just finished 2nd year of college
>message my fb "anon-chan! i'm going to study language in japan!"
>seems legit, reply "oh, for english teaching?"
>he replies "no I'm going to go there to learn japanese! I'm applying to uni's in japan right now~"
>ask if he took japanese in college
>nope
uuuuuuh...
>from then on get bombarded questions about japanese "why is wa sometimes ha, and why is ha written as wa? is it fu or hu is it wo or o"
>explain
>baka anon-chan there are no particles in japanese, and there's only two dialects, regular japanese and osakan, okinawans don't speak japanese, what's kansai?
>blocked
>blocked forever
>blocked for eternity
>mfw

>> No.7381216

>>7375321
lol I know a few hapas that don't look like the typical asian/white hybrids and it really kills them when people try to guess their ethnicity. /sage

>> No.7381224
File: 28 KB, 400x400, 1371090187218.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7378153
Me and my friends were weebs in some sense over Fruits Basket in middle school? We all had other hobbies and grew out of it.
>mfw still on casual power level and now lolita

>> No.7381226
File: 1.87 MB, 240x220, 1391747672230.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7381205
>These people exist
>There are more of these people generation by generation
>These people aren't just a "fad", they are a constant

>> No.7381232
File: 40 KB, 340x340, 1392818389757.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Pixyteri is from Victoria Texas
Why must this creature hail from the same city as one of the most based men on the planet.

>> No.7381233

>>7378153
>>7381224
yah I would say being a weeb is often about the age, like I like a lot of manga and japanese shit (obviously as I am on /cgl/) but I wouldn't consider myself a weeb at all, probably I like more things than before but I was just terrible when I was younger. I'm still kind of terrible but I have learned how to be less of a nig through time, it's honestly my personality. So, if someone's just the worst person they probably won't grow out of that.

>> No.7381234

>>7376467
>mfw that teacher comes out of the bathroom stall next to them

Now I can't stop laughing at the facial expression I'm imagining :P

>> No.7381343
File: 84 KB, 600x827, 1391624358407.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7380506
>YANKEE, GO HOME!

>> No.7381345

>>7381197
wuhtushi wuh owhtakooooooOOOOOoOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

American English-accented Japanese will never stop being funny to me

>> No.7381354

>>7381205
>okinawans dont speak Japanese
Okinawa-ben is so fucking hard to understand

The weebs I hate most are the ones that fucking lie about everything ugh

Which reminds me my friend from 6th grade was pretty weird too (I never realized up until now_
>says she's been to Japan over the summer
>wins some sort of art contest in Japan (1st place)
>her brother wins second
>is engaged to some Japanese guy she met over the course of her trip
>"hey friend can I see your pictures of said trip?"
>"okay! i'll bring 'em next time!!"
>never does so

I realize after 6 years that my friend was actually lying to me and I believed her, still friends wit her now though lol she got over that phase and is actually taking an art course in college

>> No.7381417

>>7381345
THIS

I don't speak Japanese, have never taken a class in Japanese, but I know that it's not MAHNG-AH.

Frustrates the hell out of me when people I know are in college-level Japanese classes and pronounce shit THAT wrong. Especially when you say it correctly and pointedly afterward.

I had a one such weeb tell me Kirei Kotomine from Fate/Zero was pronounced "kye-ree kawt-oo-myne." Remained convinced his pronunciation was correct, too.

>> No.7381430

>>7381417
I never really... say the word "manga"

But it is a bit odd as a Japanese word. How is it correctly pronounced?

I know all of my weeb friends say "mahng-ah" but that's not Japanese sounding in the fucking least.

>> No.7381436
File: 259 KB, 498x273, girugamesh.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7381430
I've always said mahn-gah, with the g sound being separated from the ending of the n, not 'rolled over,' if that makes sense.
As long as you're not screeching MAWNGUH, I don't think anyone particularly cares unless they're a hardcore Japanese autist.

>> No.7381438
File: 100 KB, 199x544, 2013-08-17_1200.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7381417
n...not Kotomine ;_; god that sounds so horrible. I'm pretty glad my third world country's only flaw with Japanese is the "tsu". Most weebs here pronounce it like "chu"

>Chundere

Also in our locally dubbed bleach Rangiku's name is pronounced as
>Ranjiku

Im so fucking mad

>> No.7381439

>>7381436
I usually us a harder A, like man-gah.

>> No.7381501

>>7378245

i cant fucking stand dany. that girl is gonna end up like her brother. shes as crazy as them
>but dragons!

fuck dragons

>> No.7381612
File: 892 KB, 250x197, 1390361404987.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7381501
>fuck dragons

Shh, you'll awaken the reptile furries.

>> No.7381640

>>7378245
>the majority of my class are closet ultra feminists. It's sort of weird
I want to see their faces when Dany sends that family to the rape dungeons to extract information on the Harpy.

>> No.7381754

>>7376507
This- while you definitely shouldn't latch onto a specific character's way of speaking, I think it really helps to watch TV shows to understand how conversations naturally work in that language. Plus, South Park is a good example because it uses so many American current events, culture, and news as bases for the jokes.

>> No.7381912

>>7374617
I have a friend who's normally great, but she'll start being in one of her characters every so often. Unfortunately, her characters are super annoying.

>> No.7381914
File: 358 KB, 500x300, TOMODAICHIIIIIIII.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7381021
oh anon, I've had a "friend" ask if my "Grandma was 'interested' in Japan too" in the most fucking condescending way possible when I mentioned I cook food like curry rice and tonkatsu at school for myself on occasion.

She doesn't agree with anything about Japanese culture (honor/saving face, respect, etc) because they don't match up with her 21st century sjw feminist bullshit.

I might look white and watch anime, but don't fucking call my grandma a weeaboo when she's lived through firebombings and reconstruction

>> No.7382064

>>7381438
>>7381438
in chinese this tsu sound is more chu-ish

mfw my boyfriends chinese family speaks japanese to me
it's ingratiating

>> No.7382334

>>7381021
Are you me?

>> No.7382344

in 4th grade i got my teachers to call me serena/sailor moon

>> No.7382883

>>7381914
I hope you slapped this chick !

>> No.7382924

>>7380336
>Primary School (ausfag fuck ya'll yankies)
>Constantly greet my friends with a big, probably painful hug
>They obviously don't like it, continue to do that shit anyway for some reason
>Get embarrassed just thinking about it
>Whydidnoonetellmeiwasbeingadick
>Touch starved weeb to this day as to not inflict my smelly presence upon anyone
also
>Get into anime, do the dumb voice and arm flailing thing
>Brother tells me I look like a dumb fuck
neveragain

>> No.7382959

I used to call myself Sushi.
I'd completely forgotten about it until I was going through a friend's facebook photos and saw that I had signed her cast (she had broken an arm) as "Sushi Jafire (???idk what Jafire is) thinks Anon is kewl ^3^"

>> No.7383010

I've always hated the lack of asking before glomping. Years back I thought among friends it was cute and silly, and we all went through the weeby stages together, but after that phase and when I got more into cosplay I less and less wanted to touch and hug people as freely, especially people in costumes.

One time I was wearing a cosplay with a pair of wings for a contest and a girl I knew from my high school recognized me at the con and dashed towards me. I thought she was going to stop and say hi but she instead full on glomp crashed into me and threw me down to the floor, crushing my wings and hurting my back. She didn't even flinch going, "Gomen...anon-chan...my tsundere side got to the best of me."

Hugs and shit are okay if you ask first. I have heard of plenty of people just not wanting hugs in general for plenty of reasons.

>> No.7383168
File: 32 KB, 400x288, Keep_1def45_534144 (1).jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7383010
>unwelcome glomp
>break my costume
I'd slap a bitch were this to me

I'll add my two cents. It really bugs me when weebs treat Japan like some sort of heaven and Japanese people like angels. They are just as human as we whities are and there are some downright shitty parts of japanese culture and society.

>> No.7383268
File: 153 KB, 1025x780, 1392912461557.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7381612
Welp it's too late, better give them what they want...

>can't stand furries

>> No.7383272

me and my friends say shit like kawaii and sugoi and uguu and moe to be derps, things like "aww yus that's moe as fug" but not in a serious way, kind of like the whole "step up senpai" trend. it's always funny when weebs react like 'ohmigod ur so cool do u kno japanese?!"

>> No.7383281

>>7381914
Holy shit this. I've had people be condescending about my heritage. Once some weeb asked why my grandma would have even left japan, saying it was selfish for her to leave since so many people(obviously her) want to live there more than anything. I was like, "yeah being a demure subservient tea pouring fuckdoll is what every intelligent woman wants, bad on her to give it up for love" needless to say she was speechless for a moment but then went on a tirade about how I clearly didn't know anything about japanese culture back then and that she still would have been better off there. Bitch please.

>> No.7383303

>>7381436
Yeah, I don't really care how people say it, either.

I was trying to say that it was really annoying when weebs that talk nonstop about being able to "speak Japanese" mispronounce Japanese words.

>> No.7383315

>>7381914
the japanese had it tough as hell from 1860 to 1960. industrialization in 20 years, the constantnombing from allies, i got my own opinions on the soldiers in WWII but the civilians were in such a bad spot.

>> No.7383354

>>7375326
>1/4 nationality

how does that even work

>> No.7383395

>>7383168
How dare you say such things about grorious Nippon and the celestial denizens thereof. All bishounen and bishoujo. Endless sushi bars and maido cafe. Let's go to Akihabara!
Lel.
Likely by the same people who didn't understand Takashi Murakami's Turning Japanese was a social parody and call themselves otaku.

>> No.7383400

>>7383354
dad is half japanese and half white
mom is half chinese and half white
you are 1/4 japanese, 1/4 chinese, half white

>> No.7383432

>>7383354
If you can be half something, you can be 1/4th.

>> No.7383441

>>7383354
Fractions. What is half or 1/2? Didn't you do gene mapping in highschool?

>> No.7383445

>>7381501
Really? I love Dany because she's so crazy and doesn't even realize it. All that in breeding will do that to ya.

>> No.7383462

>>7383354
>>7375642
I can't believe how fucking stupid people are when it comes to fractions, holy shit

>>7383281
>>7383315
>>7381914
My mother and her siblings grew up believing they were hawaiian, to protect them from WW2 hatred of japan start of vietnam war which only increased the hate for all things asian. She didn't know she was japanese until she heard her dad speaking it fluently, she was almost 13 then.
Being japanese american in the 60's was not a pleasant time; it's weird to hear weeaboos wanting to be asian when my mother and her family got so much shit for it.

>> No.7383478

>>7383445
Targaryen crazyness is generally set off by trauma and high stress. Her dad started going crazy when his grandpa and half of his family burned to death at summerhall, then him getting captured and held at duskendale REALLY sent him over the edge.
Viserys started going downhill after he was chased off the continent after losing his whole family and being a beggar, and his turning point was when he sold his mother's crown.
Dany is on the downwardslide to insanity and needs a massive traumatic trigger to set her off. Abused by her brother, watching her brother get crowned, her husband dying and a msicarraige all the stress of the red waste, and now mereen. One bit of massive trauma and she's gone bonkers.

let's say Daario or one of her dragons die... hmmm.

>> No.7383733

>>7381501
>shes as crazy as them
But that's the best part.

Also, why does everyone hate Sansa? She's a little fucking girl what the fuck is she gonna do?

>> No.7384096

>>7380130
this. I tried to understand Homestuck but I just can't wrap my head around it. So I left it alone.
Now I see these girls in my town walking around with gray paint and fake horns, smearing their paint on everything and screaming "HONK HEHEH". So annoying.

>> No.7384098

>>7383733

>She's a little fucking girl what the fuck is she gonna do?

Exactly why I don't like her. I don't hate her, but she's barely a blip on my map of 'characters that interest me.'

>> No.7384105

>>7380272
my boyfriend had this friend who was really normal but took a turn to the weeb darkside a few years ago.
He and I were listening to her go crazy with her weeb friend about shipping people and he got really confused. Later he asked me "Why are they shipping people away do they not like them or something??" and I laughed.

>> No.7384106

>>7384096
When I first heard the word Homestuck, I thought it was some western weeb term for hikikomori. I wish I'd been right...

>> No.7384113

Fortunately, I can insulate my bf from most of the weebery that loosely or occasionally orbits our friend circle.
He still thinks shipping means I've placed another online order.
Go me.

>> No.7384220

>>7380860
Kick her to the curb. I don't know how people tolerate tumblrfaggotry even if the person is "nice" but the class and homework deal is just plain unacceptable.

>> No.7384311

>>7384098
You'll start to love her. I'm assuming you're a show watcher, so I'll give you a little taste of what she's gonna be up to. Think pink, and think high.

>> No.7384334

>>7384220
I would, but I honestly do really like spending time with her when she isn't freaking out. I only described the bad shit there, theres cool stuff about her too.

>> No.7384339

>>7376511
>used to wear goth aristocrat
>get job at Macys
>all black dress code so wear old goth stuff
>go to food court sometimes for a sandwich during break
>suddenly surrounded by babybats
>IS THAT A REAL CORSET DID YOU GET THAT FROM LIP SERVICE CAN I TRY IT ON DO THEY HAVE IT AT HOT TOPIC
>uhhhh no its atelier boz... its from japan?
>bat screech
>attempt to paw at corset skirt
>greasy pizza fingers
>uhhhh guys im sorry i need to go back to selling coach bags bye

>> No.7384363

>>7384339
Oh god.
I'm generally patient with people who gush over my clothes no matter how spaghetti they are, but once you touch me, you can fuck right off.

>> No.7384369
File: 51 KB, 755x304, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7384339
>>7384363

>> No.7384391

Jesus dick I didn't know tumblr's "lol white american" crowd browsed 4chan.

>> No.7384527
File: 1.11 MB, 500x252, 1381917393502.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Their shitty five hundred year old sneakers they wear everyday
You just know weeaboos from a mile away by their shoes

>"I'm an art major and I'm going into animation!"
With just drawing terrible anime? Good luck

>> No.7384540

>>7384527
o gosh, those artfags are the worst. They treat anime like some holy grail of art.

>> No.7384595

>>7384527
I used to be this person. I still wear shoes until they get holes in them.
I went straight for animation, and after 9 months I realized I hated everyone at my school. Still, I was moving away from anime and getting more into western cartoon styles.

>> No.7384601

Sure, there are lots of things that weebs do to piss me off, but lately it's been people thinking I'm a weeb and trying to, let's say, encourage it?

>See relatives at Xmas, one gives me a box, saying "our Japanese exchange student gave it to use, we think you'll like it!"
>It's a child's formal kimono set. Very cute, but I was like over 20 at the time, this was for a 7 year old.
>Relatives bug me to try it on, I refuse, thank them for the gift (tho what am I supposed to do with it?) and tell them it will not fit, it's for a child.
>More and more relatives join in, I keep refusing to put it on, until the ENTIRE EXTENDED FAMILY is yelling at me to "be part of the family" and try it on.
>Fine, whatever, but it's going to be way too sma—
>"OH MY GOD, SHE'S SO DUMB SHE LOVES JAPAN SO MUCH SHE'S WEARING A KID'S OUTFIT AHAHAHAHAHHA"

Couple years later:
>Basically pillaging my grandparents' house because they're moving to a retirement home
>Cousin finds an asian fan. "OH LOOK! YOU NEED THIS! IT'S JAPANESE!"
>"No thanks, I have some fans at home, I don't need another."
>Another cousin finds some small plate that has a pagoda on it. "LOOK!!! LOOK! IT'S JAPANESE! YOU WANT THIS!!!!"
>Thanks, but no, I'm good.
>"No! Don't be shy! Take it!!! Take it!!! It's Asian!!!"
>If it was Asian in anyway, the family "knew" that I REALLY wanted it.
>The final straw was when one relative found a massive pile of chopsticks, ran up to me, bowed, and said, "Here ah yo chop-a-steeks" in a terrible accent, I mean, are you fucking kidding me?

>> No.7384697

>>7384601
Oh god this is the worst. My weeaboo phase still haunts me
>Friends I'm not super close with anymore make dumb jokes about me being anime obcessed
>My little sister friend does the same thing but worse
.>Go to concert with parents
>It's some folksy string trio, really good
>Wow this is good I'm going to get the CD
>Parents really surprised
>What?
>Dad: Wow, you actually like real, unplugged instuments
>No shit sherlock some of my top favorite songs are acoustic or classical stfu
>jfc

>> No.7384768

I-I was so bad... I can't believe I adjusted.
> "tomboy" look
> shitty bleached hair, tried to add dyes to it to make it more anime, just made it greasy as shit
> White T-shirt, jeans, DBZ bowling shirts
> All Day, Erry Day
> Leather bomber jacket, wore it always
> like, friends had threatened to burn it always
> kept a bee plushy with a squeeker in it, named the thing "Evil"
> had some weeb minions
> Read Ranma 1/2 in the school hallways
> minions all like "OMG so edgy- it's got boobs in it you're gonna get in trouble, Senpai..."

Eventually I started hanging out with some actual artist friends, and a lot of things changed... I got to college and tried the goth thing, and that failed.
Tried makeup other than black eyeliner and wearing skirts- I feel kinda bad because I know some people who really have never left the weeb stage...

>> No.7384772

>>7383462
sorry for having a boring non-mixed family tree?

>>7383400
thanks

>>7383441
yeah but not applied to nationalites, just to physical traits.

>> No.7384824

>>7384601
I think they are trying to make you not a weeb not encourage it.

>> No.7384829

>>7383478
I want the dragons to die, personally, without them almost all her real power's gone and people will actually realise what a shite leader she is.
But at the same time, I fucking love dragons.

>> No.7384833

>>7383168
I agree i don't hate japs but someone should tell every weeb about Nanking

>> No.7384846

>>7384768
Does your name start with L by chance?

>> No.7384856

>>7384772
> sorry for not knowing simple fractions

You don't need to be mixed to know fractions anon.

>> No.7384880

>>7384772
you were seriously confused by the idea of what is half of a half, this has nothing to do with your family tree

>>7384833
eh every fucking country has done this or something similar somewhere along the line

>> No.7384885

>>7378245
Oh man, I've gotten so much hate for not liking Dany. "She's just misunderstood" and "she does it for the right intentions" Jesus fucking christ-- how can people expect her to rule a country when she can't rule a city? And then all the femnazis being like "oh Jorah tried to rape her~" bitch no he kissed her without her permission twice. Didn't even touch her. Just kissed her.

I do love me some Sansa, though. She's one of the few who actually thinks about their actions. Like, Arya's great and all, but if she shut her mouth half the time, she'd be in a lot less trouble.

>> No.7384888

>>7384885
Well, after daddy died, I should say. Sage because fix.

>> No.7384891

>>7384601
I think your family is trying to bully you into quitting.

I have a Thai roommate, my dad knows this yet keeps making " ching chong " fake accent "jokes" at any opportunity Asians come up and I told him straight up it was offensive once and he responded with "it's not offensive, it's funny". And I tried to explain it to him so much, but nope.

>> No.7384915

>>7384527
My shoes from 10 years ago still fit me so I'm still wearing them....

>> No.7384940

>>7376549
Volks hasn't been relevant since 2006

>> No.7384956

>popular tripfag "friend"
>PTF is irresponsible as shit
>still lives with his parents
>refuses to get a big boy job
>somehow is still a division head of a popular convention
>obnoxious as shit
>lols when people call him out on it
>"haha, i'm just gonna keep having fun, you just do you"
>BITCH I WILL FUCKING END YOU

I can't stand grown-ass weeaboos who spend all of their time and money on god damned anime, then complain about their living situations when they're living in squalor and poverty, or had to move back in with mom and dad because OOPS, I SPENT ALL MY RENT MONEY ON COSPLAY. AGAIN.

You are adults. Learn to budget. I realize that you're having a good time and enjoying life, but when you knowingly make poor financial decisions and then start complaining about it, or refuse to move out of your parent's house because you've grown complacent with your uselessness, I'm going to judge the hell out of your dumb ass.

>> No.7385137

>>7384956
God fucking dammit, this sort of behavior drives me so crazy. And then there are the times when you're worried about the person's wellbeing and just want them to learn take charge of their own life, but if you say anything you're "attacking them" because you're "just jealous."

>> No.7385157

>>7384956
Ugh this.
"I can't get a job, the economy is so shitty!"
"I'm so poor, gib moni plis!"

But then when you ask them about savings
"What? No I don't have savings, I make so little :CCC Plus, I don't need it!"
"Waaah my back hurts and I can't afford a doctor!!!"

>> No.7385207

>>7384846
Nope- an M

>> No.7385210

>>7384885
Anon, I love you.

>> No.7385227

When they hover around you when you're in costume, and ask you to make inappropriate poses that make the cosplayer uncomfortable.
This hasn't happened to me, but my friend went through this a few times while we were at a convention

>> No.7385346

>>7384885
even though dany freed the slaves. the damage she did to the slavers bay economy will cause more deaths than slavery did. the lack of money to by food and the burning of the farmland is already causing famine. Astapor is nonexistant. Yunkai might survive but they profit off of astapor and mereen. mereen has dragons loose and a plague running through it.

dany fucked over millions to save thousands. fuck dany and her dragons

>> No.7385356

>>7384391
Didn't you know that unlike all other continents, Europe is a monolith so all white people are the same.

>> No.7385388

>>7384880

Yeah, but the Germans were hit over the head with their mistakes. Granted, they're weak as fuck now, but there's a huge part of me kind of wants Japan to feel at least some remorse for what they did to Nanking. Probably my ethnocentricism.

A younger gen Japanese apparently approached my classmate once and said she heard about Nanking though, and said that she apologised for her ancestors. That was weirdly touching, and then I realised that's not what I really want anyways. I heard that Japan is getting more xenophobic at the moment, but hopefully there's a growing movement where they're slowly realising that they need to work with the world and look past differences.

I don't know what the fuck I'm rambling on about. I just find it really heartening that some Japanese do know what's up. I don't necessarily want this to be a 'beat them until they have PTSD about this' situation, but I'd like them to learn. Chinese too, have to do this as well (referring to the riots in China following outrage over Japanese textbooks. We can't really change another nation's textbooks, can we?)

>inb4 /pol/ comes and says germany is a filthy cesspool of immigrants and Japan has the right idea but they're filthy and degenerate

>> No.7385593

>>7385346
This is what makes her character so amazing though. There's just something about watching a character fail that makes the story more realistic to me.

>> No.7385612

>>7381021
Do you live in Brazil?

>> No.7385631

>>7381021
I know some real winners too- One goes by Takeda (his real name is tom or some shit) and the other one is Elf. Elf goes back and forth between Jason and Elf, his wife and shitty weeaboo girlfriends use Elf, but when he wants to be serious about something he uses Jason. Poor guy, he's trying and his group just won't let him break free....

>> No.7385680

>>7385388
The Japanese government do not even acknowledge their war crimes! They refuse to apologise as that would mean admitting they did terrible things and would "lose face". and they try hide it from Japanese students so they don't feel ashamed of their country.

I'm british and there were definitely dark aspects of the former Empire but no one ever talks about it. All people say is "well compared to other countries such as the Spanish and the Belgians we weren't so bad!" but that doesn't really make it any better. The British don't want to believe anything bad about the Empire because we were so powerful and so extremely wealthy a lot of people look on it as a golden age. People need to question their history more, people to need to question the world in general more.

>i just completely went off on a tangent
oh well

>> No.7385710

>>7384601
>>7384697
So glad my family doesn't do this, they know the struggle since my dad is a Trekkie, and also in a Kiss cover band...

>> No.7385713

>>7385631
Once you go elf you're never yourself.
/sage for lame joke

>> No.7385715

>>7384601
God, I'm over the hump where no one in my family really bothers me about it. But my friend still remembers my weeaboo phase and is convinced I have an Asian fetish and was "a little Japanese boy" in a past life, just because I still read a couple of manga and occasionally play some Japanese games.

>> No.7385729

>>7385680
I think every country is like this, really. Even America refuses to acknowledge the terrible things we've done and still continue to do.
Mention the civilians our soldiers have killed and suddenly you're a piece of shit who can't respect those who "secure our freedom."

>> No.7385733

>>7385593
her character is so well written and in depth and i love that about her but I dont love her as a character.
jaime is the one i love. jaime is awesome and he such a badass.

>> No.7385799
File: 898 KB, 500x281, 1336283127725.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7376467
>I'm going to watch anime to study for this hiragana test.

>> No.7385800

> Was mildly weeby from ages 11-13
> YUUUUUUUUUUUUU-GI-OH! GI-OH! GI-OH! GI-OH! Gi-Oh! Gi-Oh! gi-oh... gi-oh.... [fades off into distance along with hopes and dreams of marrying Seto Kaiba]
> Inuyasha, FRUBA, FFX-II, Shounen Jump, etc.
> Wrote HUNDREDS of pages worth of fanfiction along with OC's and OOC plotlines
> Attempted to learn Japanese
> Fell out of the phase shortly after watching Tokyo Drift (no direct correlation there)

Flash forward to High School

> Be 15
> Taking German classes but wanting more of a challenge
> "Oh hey, one of the teachers is teaching Japanese"
> Enter room and hit by a wall of stench composed of BO, greasy hair, stale ramen and sweat.
> "Oh god.."
> Physically plug nose and sit at a desk with my name on it (arranged seating sucks)
> A girl dressed in horrible "lolita" slams herself down on the seat and eats dry ramen from the bag "KONICHIWA ANON-SAMA!!!"
> Just stare back and crack a smile
> "WANT TO PLAY JUN-KEN-PO?"
> Sure, what is it?
> "OH YOU BAKA, ITS LIKE ROCK PAPER SCISSORS BUT IT'S NIPPON-GO!"
> Oblige and beat her a few times, get accused of cheating.
> "DO YOU WATCH ANIME?!"
> I reply "A little, not much any more"
> Her eyes light up like stunt man on fire.
> She goes on in garbled English/Japanese about how much she loves Bleach, Naruto, FRUBA and DeathNote with a shit ton of "Ii desu ka?!?!?!!?!??!?!" thrown in.

> Sit beside her and surrounded by a few more like her for about a week and a half before I drop the class and take a spare

I heard she went psycho and got expelled from the school district for threatening to knife some special needs girl in the throat for "flirting" with her "fiance".

>> No.7385821

>>7385733
Are we talking GoT here? Shit. Jaime is love. I feel like, if you don't like Jaime, there is something distinctly wrong with you.

Also, that is my weeb confession, I suppose. I'm super weeby about television shows/books. Harry Potter, Game of Thrones, American Horror Story. I'm just a major tumblrtard weeb about them (but I don't go on tumblr, so that's a thing.). I buy shitloads of stuff related to the things I like (i.e. I bought Lucius Malfoy's walking cane- don't ask why, I don't need it, it just sits in my room looking at me) and I never use any of it.

I know this isn't a confession thread, but, well, the weeby things I do annoy me so I felt like this should be here.

>> No.7385850

>>7385713
that's probably the best response to that I've heard yet- most people just cringe

>> No.7385911

>>7385210
I love you, too!

>>7385346
Oh, don't get me started on the slaves, too. It's not "freeing slaves" if it's a lose/lose situation for them. It's either they go with you and starve because you have too many people and possibly die in war, or they risk enslavement again and possibly death because of Dany's actions and die from starvation as well.

>>7385593
Oh, I never said she wasn't written well. I think her failure was written quite well and there are plenty of people to tell her "Dany, you're doing this wrong" to make her choices interesting. The show botched it up and made her ~~all powerful queen~~ so far (though I think I see the dead child because of the dragon in one of the trailers!). I just don't like her as a character and the fans that come with that because they don't see her failure.

>> No.7386245

>>7384856
but a fourth is a genuine measurement, same as a quarter. Type 'one fourth' into google and it'll tell you.
I'm English and I'm surprised Americans are questioning it. It's simple fucking maths.

>> No.7386250

>>7384772
>yeah but not applied to nationalites, just to physical traits.

What the fuck kind of physical traits use fractions?

>Oh I'm so glad you noticed! My eyes ARE half blue and half brown!
>I-Isn't that... green?
>No, no, it's half blue, half brown.

>> No.7386251

>>7384956
Oh god, I have one of these, and he's a tumblr SJW to boot, s it's doubly terrible. You can't say anything bad about the guy, even if it's about his constant whining about 'oh I don't have any money but look at all this kawaii merch I got on the internet' or him whining about 'ew neckbeard bronies' when he has a neckbeard and is a brony, otherwise you're 'transphobic' because he's ftm trans.
And of course his friends will back him up on this because they're just as cunty as he is.
Thankfully he's moved to a new facebook account (Named after a Homestuck character) so I don't have to put up with his whiny bullshite any more.

>> No.7386255

>>7385680
Is it wrong that a tiny part of me is proud that such a small country managed to fuck up so much of the world so much? I mean damn, we used to be scary. Now we're just America 2.0.

>> No.7386331

>>7386245
Americans aren't questioning it. Just that moron.

>> No.7386705

>>7385680
They already apologised a lot though, its just that the neighboring Asian countries refuse to accept it due to certain things that they want to get from Japan (eg the Yasukuni shrine's demolition or whatever) . Hell, they built their constitution around their guilt of doing the things they did in WW2 what more could everyone expect from them??

sage for being the weeb nerd

>> No.7386713

>>7386705
It was more of a "hey sorry guys. we're still friends right?"
Not all politicians want to admit it either.
There's also the issues with the censored textbooks.

Sage for off-topic

>> No.7386806
File: 62 KB, 354x357, whyyouhurtme.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

My pet peeve is people who are "such big fans" but don't support the series they're "such big fans" of.

I letter manga, including a series that runs in Shonen Jump, and I really want people to get into it, so I'm always recommending the magazine to people. More often than not, they have some sort of excuse ready for me. Especially when it's my friends.
>But Jacuzzi, it's too expensive!
It's like $26 a year and you get something like 50 weekly issues.
>There's too much of a gap between the Japanese release and the English release
…It's like a day? Maybe two?
>Why don't they release it when the scanlators do?
Because they get leaked scans that are released before the magazine hits shelves in Japan and there is NO WAY that Japanese Jump would let the English version be released earlier.
>But I only read like 2/3 of the series in it, so there's no reason for me to subscribe.
HOW DOES THIS MAKE IT OKAY TO PIRATE THE TITLES?

I swear, pirating anime/manga is like some sort of Weeb Badge of Courage with some of my friends. I pirate shit too, I won't lie about that. But if I like it? I try to support it. Series I'm interested is simulcast on Hulu? WHY WOULDN'T I WATCH IT THERE? I just don't get it.

If someone lives someplace where they don't have legal access to this stuff, that's a different story, but 99% of the people I've talked to about this DO have access to it, but always find bullshit reasons to avoid supporting the industry and that seriously pisses me off.

Wow, I guess I'm really angry tonight.

>> No.7386812

Oh man this thread. I'm cringing and laughing here. Though, like many anons, I had my fair share of doing horrible (read: jail time worthy) things to strangers. Though, oddly enough, I met my best friend for over 8 years now in my weeb phase to which we both grew out of at the same time.

>> No.7386852

>>7386806
god forbid you be angry about something that actually puts food on your table, though!

Pirating is becoming more and more obsolete so I think you're completely justified with your righteous fury. It's important to know how to financially support entertainment you like.

>> No.7386870

>>7373869
Jesus shit in High School there was a girl I knew who did this all the fucking time and people were so thrilled and basically every other artist in the entire school couldn't stand her ass.

Tracing weebs are the worst.

>> No.7386876

>>7373869
>>7386870
So, as people who I assume have taken drawing classes, you never were encouraged to trace? Like, at all? We used those light board things for certain assignments. Or are you just referring to tracing the line work as is and them just adding their own colors/assets and calling the finished product their OC?

>> No.7386888

>>7375321
Oh my god I hate the weebs who did this the worst. I'm 1/4 but was born as hilter's wet dream with blonde hair and blue eyes. It's difficult enough as it is to have people actually believe me without these psychos making it that much more of a pain in my ass.

And don't even get me started on these weebs acting like "Well I'm more Japanese anyway!!!" because they eat 60c Ramen and $2 sushi meals every day. Get out.

>> No.7386890

>>7386876
Printing shit off google, tracing it, coloring it in, and passing it off as their own, even for art assignments. That's what I'm talking about.

>> No.7386891

I really haven't seen weeaboos lately. Narutards have basically disappeared ages ago, Hetaliatards too. Casuals do exist but even they have more variate taste than weeaboos used to have in last decade.

Now whenever I have bad experience at conventions etc. places, it's always some Homestuck fan or whatever tumblr likes.
I think it's because the "anime boom" here was around 2004-2006, and now those who used to be teens back then(yet still like anime) have matured by now. But the Western "tumblr stuff" is far more popular than anime, this new young generation doesn't seem to be as much into Japanese pop culture anymore.

>> No.7386895

>>7386890
Oh, well, I understand your anger then. I never submit a copy of any kind for my art classes unless the teacher said "here's a painting of a pear, now do the same thing"

>> No.7386911

>>7386806
>paying for media
>any year

>> No.7387291 [DELETED] 

>>7374597
wow, i'm surprised that this happened at brooklyn college. i actually considered transferring there for a while. (also internet high-five for being part of the cuny/suny system lel)
i'm from the city too, so i usually assume people have more exposure to asian americans, asian culture, etc. besides anime, and aren't as weeby, especially in college.
i did know some weeby kids in early highschool, but they weren't the offensive kind-- just way too obsessed with anime, and kinda unkempt and nerdy. maybe they'd throw up a V-sign in pictures too, but i am still occasionally guilty of this, tbh.

ironically, i joined the anime club at my college, and i think people here are way more socially defunct than the people i knew from anime club in high school. yeah, they were nerdy and sometimes didn't know their boundaries, but god, at least they weren't totally autistic. every time kill la kill streams in the club, they're all halfway to pulling out their dicks right there. (also, fuck kill la kill.)

>> No.7387398

>>7386806
Why would they pay for stuff like the magazines and Hulu, if you're only going to watch a couple? You pirate it, and if you like it, you do shit like buy figurines, the DVDs, and the manga.
That way you get exactly what you pay for, and not all the extra crap you don't care about.

>> No.7387456

>>7387398
I wouldn't have such a problem with it if they actually supported it in some sort of way, but they rarely do. Their attitude seems to be "why buy when I can just have it for free?" Hell, they can watch stuff on Hulu for free but they don't, because watching a couple minutes of commercials for 25 minutes of free anime is too much for them.

They have this entitlement mentality towards anime and manga that just drives me up the wall.

>> No.7387489

>2014
>be member of cosplay sales group on facebook
>someone just posted "WTB yaoi paddle!!!!"
>its 2014
>what the fuck are you doing

>> No.7387522

>>7387456
> They have this entitlement mentality towards anime and manga that just drives me up the wall.

The younger generations seem to have a sense of entitlement about EVERYTHING these days. It ticks me off so much. Like, did parents just stop teaching kids about having to work hard and sacrifice stuff to get what you want or something? I know so many kids that just expect things to fall into their laps without them doing anything for it. It's terrible. They're going to have a tough time in life.

>> No.7387542

>>7386245
>maths
>lel

>> No.7387550

>>7387522
It's not even a generational thing. People older than me make Tumblr posts asking for signal boosts, claiming their laptop/camera/whatever just broke, and they, for whatever reason, can't get off their goddamn ass to work for a new one. Usually it's some excuse about having anxiety.
I think it's just someone realised if they make up a sob story, and throw in some mental illness/disability of the day, people will feel pity for them, and give them whatever they're asking for. Notice outside of Tumblr, and the weeaboo scene, people don't tend to expect others to just give them things when they ask.

>> No.7387565

>>7387550
I gave someone online money once, I had a little extra cash and wanted my friend to be able to get something nice.
tbh it wasn't cause I felt bad for them, it was partially just 'cause I wanted to endear myself to them. Like buying a birthday present or taking a coworker out for beers.

What people do with their money is really their business. Part of the reason I work so hard is so my friends/family and I can have/do cool things.

It's really not such a big deal, it's not people go out and buy laptops they can't afford to give to strangers. We're just sharing. Then again I'm a filthy socialist so I don't expect everyone to feel that way.

>> No.7387575
File: 2.63 MB, 250x188, 1392936965551.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7387522
>The younger generations seem to have a sense of entitlement about EVERYTHING these days.
As a spoiled, selfish brat, I can say it's because everything is so easily accessible. You want to get that new song for a ringtone? Just get it. Don't want to pay $60 for a new PC game? Pirate bay has the iso up yesterday. I don't even see people looking at dirty magazines anymore because you can find all of Sasha Grey's blowjob videos on several sites.

On the web, everything just falls in your lap, so people don't feel the need to pay for it. I only buy things when I can't get them for free or if I want something specific. Mattel isn't getting money from me buying 2003 Barbie games that are out of print, but I buy them because I want a physical copy.

>> No.7387592

>>7387565
I buy my online friends things, too, but the difference is, they're not begging for it, and I'm doing it because I want to, not because they're guilt tripping me. Some random twenty year old on a website begging literally thousands of strangers, depending on the number of reblogs, making up these excuses as to why they absolutely NEED said thing, but they can't get it themselves, that just reeks of entitlement.
If someone gets it for them, that's great, but expecting someone to give it to you just because you cried about it, that's bratty behaviour.

>> No.7387619

>>7383432
off topic but everyone writing 1/4th is throwing me off because I keep saying a quarterth in my head

>> No.7387843

>>7376374
>hooded eyes
>old southern white people

so who fucked which cousin?

>> No.7389362

>>7387565
Eh, I have a bunch of online friends I've made by playing MMORPGs and shit with over the years, I got a friend who paints and does metals work a lot, so he sends me pretty cool water color art, or some T-shirts for x mas. And another friend and I, pays for each other for game membership on some games we play together. From time to time I send em stuff for birthdays and Christmas sometimes.

>> No.7393095

>>7386876
I know someone who just started art classes and one of their first assignments was to reinterpret and recreate the artwork from a children's book. This idiot actually literally recreated it, as in traced it and painted it in with Photoshop and handed it in, while bragging that he finished the month-long assignment in only 4 days.