[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 447 KB, 500x281, 1397380495918.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
7492943 No.7492943 [Reply] [Original]

Old one is starting to sage

Let that rage out anon, tell me your cosplay or frilly dilemmas.

Mine is that freakin new AP website set up. I think it's time to find a good SS

>> No.7492949

>Mine is that freakin new AP website set up
I'm more annoyed that everywhere I see people are bitching about the site. I'm pretty mad too but I just had to get away from the posts and here you are.
Fuck you

>> No.7492952
File: 125 KB, 601x576, 1397381678978.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7492949
>I just had to get away from the posts and here you are.
I can't let you do that anon, AP is love... AP is life...

So what else is turning your cunt to sand?

>> No.7492982

I'm sitting here dressed in lolita and just thinking 'nah, fuck this'. This wig is giving me a headache, I want to destroy my petticoat, and I just feel dumb trying to look cute when I'm not really a cute person. There's a gyaru meet in my hometown today and I wish I could go to that instead. I thought I'd be happy to dress up all fancy because I haven't for ages, but nope, this sucks. Guess it's time to see how much i can get for my wardrobe.

>> No.7493013

>>7492943

Just a few days ago I was saying that I loved AP because it was so easy to order from them as a international costumer, But no they changed it.
Guess I have to rethink what I said.

>> No.7493066

I hate when people ask for critic on a coord but in the same sentance say; oh don't judge my choice of ____ i'm just gonna do what i want anyway!!!1!

Idiots

>> No.7493072

my stomach's acting up and it's asspiss 24/7 and all i can think of is that its making me not eat so i'll lose weight

priorities amirite

>> No.7493073

Parasols. There, I said it; parasols are dumb and they suck and most of them are friggen ita raschel lace ugly things. Also, you girls who insist on having them always end up poking me in the head with it so the damn end rib thing gets stuck in my hair and fucks it up.

>> No.7493087
File: 91 KB, 499x414, thinking face.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7493066
I really dislike how some people are trying to find lolita sub-categories for areas that don't exist.
Magical girl, pirate etc

Yes, there are pieces made so you can look 'inspired by' but why the need to give it a subcategory?
Plenty of chocolate pieces but no chocolate subcategory

Why not be happy with the term 'theme' with the outfit or wardrobe?

Is it simply because people think the terms are interchangeable or because they want to be special and lay first claim for a particular sub-style?

tl;dr Nothing serious, just an oldfag rant about what makes me wonder about the next generation of lolitas.

>> No.7493088
File: 207 KB, 307x371, 1328228242740.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I bought those green coffee bean pills yesterday and started them like 15 minutes ago. Been in a weight loss plateau lately, and decided to change my workout schedule, lower my calorie intake to 1300 calories a day, and try to cut back on simple carbs. Also keeping a food journal. I'm hoping something happens.

>> No.7493089

>>7493066
sorry didn't mean to reply to you initially, however I do feel your frustrations in this area.

>> No.7493090
File: 7 KB, 294x171, you can do it.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7493088
Let us know how you go!

>> No.7493098

>>7493066
I think I know who this about.
The girl that wants to wear them horrible dinosaur shoes or whatever they were to a birthday party?

>> No.7493099 [DELETED] 
File: 9 KB, 384x288, 1247061094915.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>tfw when no a v e r a g e lolita gf

>> No.7493101

>>7493073
I have a BTSSB sun and rain parasol and I adore it. It's kept me dry on many rainy days and kept my precious moon tan.

>> No.7493102
File: 5 KB, 184x184, 1397395450976.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>tfw no a v e r a g e lolita gf

>> No.7493113

>>7493088
Please keep me updated on if those work or not. Interested piqued by military anon that mentioned them.

Also anyone else getting a Tenso error when trying to register? I get a Services not Available pop up when trying to agree to the terms.

>> No.7493114

>>7493098
ugh yes

>> No.7493145

>losing weight
>not just lessening calorie intake
>not doing junk days
>increasing protein
>work out at home every day

there you go thats the secret.

>> No.7493147

>>7493145
I'm trying in a poor sarcastic tone that you should eat greasy shit on a weekend day and also lower your calories throughout the week.

>> No.7493150

>>7493113
They don't. Try clen or DNP.

>> No.7493151

>>7493090
Thanks! I'm hoping something happens, I've been in this plateau for 1-2 months and it's been so frustrating! I lost 15 pounds and then bam, nothing.

>>7493113
I will!

>> No.7493153

I've been on a buying spree lately because I got scheduled more at work but clothes are starting to come in in the mail and I'm feeling major buyer's regret over most of it.

>mfw I should have saved up a little more and waited for the new Lief release or bought cuter, cheaper stuff from Taobao...

>> No.7493156

>>7493150
Thoughts on Albuterol?

>> No.7493163

>>7493156
Ive used it, it works good at keeping you awake and sucks if you have an anxiety disorder.
You still have to do light exercise on albuterol and clen (which the adrenaline still makes easier) but your sweat starts to smell really bad, and it makes you poop a lot.

DNP you take it and lay down hoping you dont die.

>> No.7493175

>>7493163
Thanks for the info
I think I'll just go with clen, brb sauna

>> No.7493189

Small rant, sorry. I made a really good character choice on my most recent cosplay and suit the character so well aesthetically. I normally am pretty negative about my looks and get self-conscious in a hobby with so many pretty girls, but I feel great in this costume and am so excited about it. I told my friend that I think I might end up being one of my own personal favourites of this characters, and she told me to stop being so conceited about it. And that just sort of sucks. I didn't say "I'm the best" or "my costume is better than everyone else's", there are definitely things I could improve, but I love the way I look in it and felt really happy about looking that good in something for once, just to have a friend make me feel like a bitch for it. It's so shitty that being happy with your looks and proud of your costuming work makes you a vain piece of shit.

>> No.7493194

>>7493163
I had to stay awake one night and took one of those. Holy shit I thought my heart was gonna burst through my ass and I had the weirdest panic attack, never again.

>> No.7493196

>>7493189
It doesn't make you vain, you have shitty friends, ditch them and you'll be better off. It's not like cons aren't full of much better people to be around

>> No.7493206

>>7493189
It's like that with everything. Some anon posted in a confessions thread recently (on my phone so can't dig through the archives) about a similar thing and it's starting to piss me off as well.
Wait no I've got it:
https://archive.rebeccablacktech.com/cgl/thread/S7462134#p7486952
The one response to the anon was a good point as well.

>> No.7493210

>>7493088
Tell us how those work. I heard they fuck up your liver, though, so don't take too many.

>> No.7493211

>>7493189
>https://archive.rebeccablacktech.com/cgl/thread/S7462134#p7486952
Your friend sounds jealous
In general it irks me how you get looked down on if you're a girl and you're confident about something you did. Like you can't be proud at all, you have to put on this act like "hahaha oh it was nothing, I just got lucky and had a good photographer!" if you take pride in your work it's seen as egotistical.

>> No.7493212

>>7493087
this! I am so glad i'm not the only one.

>> No.7493217

>>7493211
I mean yeah I get not being a dick about it and playing it down instead of going "omg I'm so gawwwwjuzzzzz" and being faux modest, but just non-aggressively saying what you like about yourself if asked to answer honestly, without sounding like a braggart, is perfectly fine.

>> No.7493223

My boyfriend and I took stakes on characters in a group cosplay. I'm sort of mad at him for picking a little kid because he thought it would be funny to pull an animeweeblord420-type costume. Why would you do that to a group who's actually somewhat invested? Is that not disrespectful? He hated the show too, and when I showed him that the character he picked was a little boy, rather than a girl, he decided to drop out completely.
Maybe the rest of the group would have found it funny and I'm just being a stick in the mud.

I also wish he would come to my next con with me. I know I shouldn't push him because this cost is twice the con we went to earlier this year. Sometimes I wish he would have just set aside his pride back in August and worked at one of the walkable restaurants so tuition wouldn't be such a problem. Especially since three entire establishments have opened since then and were scrambling for employees.

Also
>tfw made mockup and it doesn't fit at all thanks to ridiculous sway back
Pinned it in evenly on all seams to alter the pattern to. Here's no hoping that when I put boning in it'll correct my posture and help it fit correctly

>> No.7493224

>>7493087
I totally agree. It does bother me when people are so persistent with it. "Oh but sailor has a specific theme so it's a substyle!!" Yeah, it's a theme. -theme-, but it can fit into one of the 3 substyles. It also gets on my nerves when people use hellolace to back up their claims like it's the holy bible of lolita. They won't listen to anyone and they think they're so clever.

>> No.7493235

>>7493224
I've said it before and I'll say it again, the substyles list needs to be totally revamped. There should only be 3 actual styles, a couple of substyles (like punk) with the rest being labelled as themes. Or at the very least the list needs to be updated if they're going to go ahead with labelling things "substyles". I'm sure most people would agree OTT classic, mori girl, and creepy cute are common themes/substyles yet they aren't ever included, why? Why is guro included when no one wears it? it's clearly just a subtheme. The reason is the list hasn't been updated in centuries and people are really hesitant to add to it even when the add had a lot of backing and merit to it.
It would be really neat and useful to newbies if we could decide as a community to do this but I know it's not going to happen. I wonder how well it'd go over if there was a tumblr dedicated to deciphering this, I've thought about it a lot and I don't really have an answer either, though most dedicated lolitas have a better idea than the hellolace list.

>> No.7493240

>>7493224
Were you in that substyle thread from a few weeks ago? Because there were some anons in there that really rustled my jimmies. I mean I get that sailor is really prominent but no matter what happens it's still not its own thing and probably never will be.

Also I feel like people have been calling vendetta a lot in ita/nitpick threads and it's kind of annoying.

>> No.7493244

>>7493240
Diff anon but I agree, I feel like it's noobs who don't know what a vendetta is. Like that girl that accused shelbycloud of selfpost in a recent thread... lol
At any rate it's certainly annoying and needs to stop

>> No.7493247

>>7493244
Is summer coming this early this year? It JUST stopped snowing

>> No.7493249

>>7493240
I was in that thread. There was one anon that kept trying to compare sailor to goth and it made no sense. Goth is goth because it's not sweet or classic. You can wear a sailor coord and dress it goth, sweet or classic, but it's not it's own special thing. So much jimmy rustling in that thread.

I also agree about the use of the term vendetta, people were calling vendetta in a thread about a specific person. These people are trying so so hard to fit in to board culture and they stick out like a sore thumb.

>> No.7493252

>>7493244
It's like they feel like vendetta means 'I don't like what anon said about x so it's vendetta!' or 'You don't like them and even though they're a totally lolcow I'm calling vendetta cause I'm a noob and don't know any better!" It's just downright stupid most times.

>> No.7493392

I feel like I'm not allowed to wear a print if it's of something that wasn't already a big part of my life. For example, I like violin prints, but since I don't actually play or listen to violin very often, I don't feel right wearing it. Same for stuff like ballet or fairytale stories that I haven't read.

>> No.7493426
File: 1.36 MB, 325x323, womp.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>tfw prelims for phd program coming up

>> No.7493433

>>7493392
I don't feel comfortable with religious imagery or the dresses that are culture-inspired.

>> No.7493549
File: 36 KB, 490x327, FUCK.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>tfw I screwed up the stitching on thick fabric
>tfw I accidently made the stitch length too small and it's taken what feels like a decade to pull it apart with the seam ripper, and I'm only 1/4 of the way done

Shit sucks man. Now the seam allowance is getting all stretched out and I'm losing my fucking mind.

>> No.7493552

>>7493549
Put on some good music and work to da beat, that's what I do

>> No.7493569

Good feel:
>tfw dating qt3.14 cosplay man
>has a lot more experience than me, helps me while letting me learn for myself
>going to cosplay as a robot master with him

Bad feel:
>tfw people are asking me for cosplay help when I'm newish and my skills are piss-poor
>want to help, but have very little to offer
>feel like everyone's disappointed in me

>> No.7493588

Lunaladyoflight just won the Anime St. Louis qualifier. I think there were only four teams competing, but now she is never going to shut the fuck up and stop posting ten times a day about WCS delusions that will never happen so long as she is fat.

>> No.7493604

>>7493569
I understand your bad feels anon.. I've had some people asking me for help/commissions and i dont feel my skills are up to the level i'd like them to be yet. I hate having to tell potential customers no, but i also don't want to create a pile of shit for them. Don't feel like you're disappointing people though. I understand why it feels that way but it's always better to be honest than to be like "Sure, i can totally make you an Iron man suit".

>> No.7493611

Found this on my fb feed about bras :I think this is a great idea. I didn't start wearing bras until half way through 8th grade because shopping for them was embarrassing because of the way they're sold and associated with "womanhood", sexuality, maturity, and a seeming loss of innocence and child-like simplicity. Not that these days I don't embrace my simple white bras as much as my black lacy and ribbon ones. But as a kid of modest development, all you really need is a boob sock, not a fancy, lacy boob cozy.Hell, for that matter, it'd be nice to have a bra somewhere between "boring and matronly", "cutesy and childish", and "hyper sexual". How about something stylish, comfortable, modern, and good looking.

I'm done.

>> No.7493623

>>7493611
I started wearing bras in 4th grade, a blue with snoopy, a yellow with hello kitty and a hot pink one with kermit.. a child should pick a bra they like, telling them it's for any other purpose than to hold up their boobs so they aren't damaged should be avoided. idk

>> No.7493629

I had finally lost weight than I started eating normal (more than normal, actually) again, since friday. I'm not freaking out as much as I'd be if I didn't know this won't make me gain a significant amount, but I still feel so bad because it means I have no control.

I'll fast on monday.

>>7493088
If nothing works, eat normal again for two or three days and THEN go back to your diet. It's the only thing that works for me most of the time.

>> No.7493662

>>7493392

Well, it's just clothes, I don't think anyone is going to judge you for buying a dress just because you like the design.

Alternatively, you could treat it as the chance to learn about new things. Many JetJ dresses are like that for me, I looked up Johann Sebastian Bach because I liked the piano sleeves (but why did they pick such a cross-looking portrait of him, why). I'm still not into classical music and I'm not a fan of either the piano or Johann Sebastian Bach, but I've at least listened to some of his songs. And if people ask me about the dress I can now tell them about the guy in the portrait.

>> No.7493716

>>7493629
>than I started eating normal...

I can't believe I actually made this mistake I'm not even a native english speaker

>> No.7493721

>>7493623
Yeah, but then this happens: I'm in my school's gym locker room in 8th grade and as we undress a girl sees my bra with crocodiles on it. They start to laugh because I'm not wearing oversexed "trendy" polyester bras (ew) that they market to girls who want to be "just like real women" and "feel sexy".

>> No.7493725 [DELETED] 

When I first got into lolita about a year and a half I made friends with an efamous lolita, we chat regularly on tumblr and I really admired her style. Recently though her co-ords have gotten so stale, my friend commented that I've surpassed her style wise. I wouldn't agree with it publicly as it seems conceited but privately I suspect it might be true.

Has anyone else fell out of love with one of their lolita idols?

>> No.7493732

When I first got into lolita about a year and a half ago I made friends with an efamous lolita, we chat regularly on tumblr and I really admired her style. Recently though her co-ords have gotten so stale, my friend commented that I've surpassed her style wise. I wouldn't agree with it publicly as it seems conceited but privately I suspect it might be true.

Has anyone else fell out of love with one of their lolita idols?

>> No.7493954

Bitchy feel, I sometimes hate that all of my cosplay friends except one or two are rather fat and/or unattractive. I work hard to stay in shape and am decent-looking + know how to use makeup, and I just really wish sometimes that groups with my friends looked better. Their craftsmanship is pretty good, but they all end up looking kind of frumpy just because they don't really take care of their bodies or skin or anything. And then I get passive aggressive "you get attention just because you're pretty" type comments on top of it. Oh well. These people are my friends and I love them to death and am happy to share this hobby, but I just wish they were better looking sometimes. Like I said, bitchy, I know.

>> No.7493974
File: 2 KB, 100x126, 1396989755644.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>tfw you finally check out this indie designers shop on taobao and you convert it from yen to usd instead of yuan to usd
it hurts do much guys i thought the shoes i fell in love with were 26usd but they're 418

>> No.7493980

>>7493974
They're probably just sold out..

>> No.7493984

>>7493732
Yeah, this happened with one of my friends. She's not efamous or anything, but I realized after awhile her coords always used the same elements and I was catching up to her rather quickly.

>> No.7493992
File: 36 KB, 316x341, 1344114970948.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I've been called so many different trips/names
that I'm starting to realize trip vendettas are way worse than trips themselves.
every time I see a "hi ____" attached to one of my posts Its so aggravating. there's no way of disproving you aren't that person either.
>"nice try, I'm not ____"
>"HAHAHA, NICE TRY _____"

holy shit, I am so done. if you do this, promptly find the sharpest object you can and seppukku for the good of /cgl/

>> No.7493997

>>7493732
I have, sadly. When I was first starting out I adored my idol's style, but as I grew I noticed how she pretty much only wore sets and nothing else and as I bought the same ones I realized how boring her coords were.

>> No.7493998

>>7493984
if they are i hope they start making them again [some of their clothes go for 80-100+ dollars and shit aint even lolita]

>> No.7494001

>>7492943
>want to cosplay
>no friends to do it with

Thanks, world.

>> No.7493999

>>7493998
whoops i meant
>>7493980

>> No.7494006

>>7493998
What shop? I've seen shoes go for that much on TaoBao, so it may not be a matter of being sold out like the other anon suggested.

>> No.7494034

>>7493101
>moon tan
The absolute best

>> No.7494039
File: 228 KB, 500x600, 04072136_53429bb1ab6f2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

> tfw you want this
> stripes will make you look like a massive fat ass

>> No.7494042

>>7494039
I know that feel, anon.
>love sailor
>love cutsew dresses
>have atleast 5 instances to wear this
>dem stripes
nope nope nope.

>> No.7494046

>>7494042
I'm totally thinking of knocking this off in a different knit pattern/solid though.

>> No.7494059

>>7494046
Even if it was just plain blue and not stripes I'd buy it. The white detailing on the chest coupled with red waist piece and redxwhite seifuku is really adorable.

>> No.7494166

>Having arguments with parents,dad being a drunk asshole and pointing out all my flaws, moving out soon but still stressed.
>Need some support so try talking to my friend.
>She completely changes the subject and starts talking about her new diet and the kitten she's getting.

Is a basic amount of emotional support too much to ask?

>> No.7494325
File: 75 KB, 503x540, 1328080962564.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>lose heaps of weight
>thinnest I've ever been
>positive comments all around
>beginning to get abs and everything
>still feel too fat

>> No.7494333

>>7494166
I am sorry you are surround by bad people :/

>> No.7494355

>>7494325
> Because eating disorder.
Nah anon. I'm on the same boat.

>> No.7494357

>in a different city
>not many friends
> all of my friends are ppl from church
> they all feel the need to constantly tell me to wear more colors b/c i wear black
>start feeling bad about self image because of them
>want to leave but socially awkward and alone in this city without them p much
>depression and anxiety intensifies
the thing is its not even like i wear mall goth/weeaboo black clothes more like drap black shirts or button ups with some jeans

>> No.7494365

>>7494357
Trying moving into neutrals or jewel tones? That's what I did and now I've got a nice wardrobe of navys and greys and browns that goes with just about everything.

>> No.7494377

>>7494357
Ugh I used to get that all the time. Like they'd just be regular pants/loose fitting jackets/drapey clothes, not even remotely close to emo/goth shit, and people would still be like "why do you wear so much black? are you emo or something?"
It drives me nuts because jfc these people are college students why the fuck would you make such a big deal out of what I wear?????? Black/monochrome is just easier to wear??????????????????????
Ironic because I wear jfash half the time now and people don't make nearly as many comments about it. I guess they probably assume that what I wear is so out there that I've heard it before.

>> No.7494391
File: 29 KB, 309x195, somad.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Girl I know never replies to me.
She ruined my confidence and all of a sudden she talks about making a GO.
I want to hit her so much, why am I still friends with her? I went to lengths to help her.

I once wasn't able to leave my house for weeks and I finally gained the courage and she said sure, and then when time came I called, messaged her and she completely ignored it.
YOU WANNA DO A GO?! AFTER WHAT YOU DID?!!?!JFWSHEBSJAHBF Sheehs.

>> No.7494397

>Bought wig, haven't bought from the site since I lived in my last address. (just next apt over)
>Wig sent, realize it's going to former address.
>Wig sent back to post office because vacant apt.
>Request redelivery to proper address.
>3 days pass. Go to post office to see what's up. It's going to the next state over to be processed. May come back, may be returned to sender.
>Contact wig shop. They'll send it back properly if they get it.
>Tracking updates later. Now coming back.
>Good. Gonna get my wig finally.
>Sent to the same damn apartment.

Forget it. I'm just letting it be returned to sender. I'm glad I ordered it well in advance.

>> No.7494410

>tfw eating disordered
>lost almost 5 kgs during "school" break
>nobody noticed
>was on a binge eating phase a few months ago at the start of university because stress
>everyone still talks about how much I love chocolate and sweets as much as the fat girls because that's the first impression I gave them

I'm losing my fucking mind and I ate normal/more than normal all weekend and I'll only be able to take laxatives tomorrow so they'll work on tuesday morning.

I'm planning on sitting at the nearest starbucks all day tomorrow in order to study/avoid being home so I have an excuse not to eat. I'll be safe, the calories on starbucks food is so high and insane I can't even feel tempted by them, I get personally offended just thinking of it (a single TINY brownie has the same calories of two burger king burgers). Planning tomorrow is the only thing keeping me sane right now.

I also feel like fucking shit because I constantly have to hide my eating habits because I was once underweight enough not to be able to hide anorexia/pretend it was healthy weight loss and now my mom is paranoid over everything. If I drink coffee one day IT MUST MEAN THAT I'M BACK TO EC so she'll search my room under the excuse of cleaning it up for me. Or she'll hug me for a whole minute while trying to feel my ribs and see whether I'm too skinny or not. Or if I was home for over 5 hours and there is no sign I ate she'll ask me about what I ate today.
I want to live by myself as soon as fucking possible, but there's no way I can afford paying rent and buying lolita at the same time so I'll have to stay.

>> No.7494413

>>7494391
what the fuck is this post

>> No.7494419

>>7494377
i feel u man
it's like i've been transported back into middle school or something with all the comments

>> No.7494447

>>7494410
or just quit buying lolita...fucking priorities man...

>> No.7494468

>>7494447
I don't think "throwing food away and messing up plates in order to pretend I ate" is enough of a hassle for me to go through all the trouble of moving in order to avoid. It is annoying, but not annoying enough; it's not like I'm in an abusive or toxic environment or anything.

>> No.7494520

>>7493721
>mfw girls did this to me throughout school to the point that I started either wearing my pe uniform under my clothes or changing in the bathrooms
It fucking sucked, man.

>> No.7494534

best friend killed herself on the 9th
im mad because shes gone
thats it

>> No.7494533

>>7493629
Don't be an idiot. Don't punish yourself or whatthefuckever by fasting, that's a one-way road to an ED. Cheat days are actually really important in the grand scheme of things, and the weight gain you see is probably a little extra water retention. You're fine.

>> No.7494560

>>7494534
I'm so sorry, anon. There's nothing anyone can say that will make it better. I'm thinking of you.

>> No.7494561

>>7494534
I'm so sorry, anon.

>> No.7495028

Small rant but

>go to local con
>1/4 of people cosplay, at best
>be tony tony chopper
>run into one piece group
>hosting a panel, invite me to it to build group
>go to panel
>fairly entertaining, bit weeby
>get to the cosplay part
>because their panel is "real life anime" essentially making your costumes look real
>talking about throwing costumes together if you need to
>"for example, zoro's green band is a t shirt, his black bandana is a t shirt and his white shirt is MY shirt"
>praising the shit out of closet cosplaying

I think I was mostly upset because I didn't finish my costume in time (babby's first sewing machine, underestimated cosplaying) and had to buy shit for it the night before and hated myself for it.

>> No.7495068

>>7494520
I've had mosquito bite tits all my life, so I was always somewhere between "training bra covered in cartoons" and "ill-fitted wall-mart" when I was in HS. I got real good at changing tops without ever having to show what I was wearing underneath.

>> No.7495097

>>7493252
>mfw someone tried to define vendetta as "[...] when something looks nice and will sometimes have a small flaw (like wig colour slightly off) but everything is great."
>mfw I have no face

>> No.7495102

>>7494520
Yyyep. Also >>7495068 this, always got made fun of for having nanotits and the "mature/developed" girls who had sex and boyfriends at 11 (not even exaggerating) got praised because they were more adult like. It really did suck.

>> No.7495117

I don't love my boyfriend anymore, but I feel so bad for wanting to break up with him.

He supported me in so many ways, during these 4 years he supported me more than my family ever did. He helped me get through depression, he helped me get graduate from college(I'm a slow learner and he'd read my textbooks and then teach me the subject even though we don't even share the same major), he let me stay at his place for free, he would always be there for me during the countless nights I couldn't sleep and needed him.

But I realized I don't love him. Now that I have my life together I'm noticing other men and I wish I could have a chance to be with them.

>> No.7495118

>>7494357
When people are dumb shits I just tell them my grandpa died and that shuts them up right away.

>> No.7495119

>>7495068
>>7495102
Just love yourselves and stop whining. Holy shit . It's seriously not the end of the world

>> No.7495121

>>7495119
It's a feels thread, piss off. Girls with huge tits whine about being teased all the time and don't get jack shit.

>> No.7495123

>>7495117
Noticing other men doesn't mean you don't love your boyfriend. Humans get attracted to different people, it's only shitty if you hurt others by doing it.

>> No.7495124

>>7495123
By acting upon those feelings, I meant. Attraction is natural.

Sorry, brainfart.

>> No.7495126

>>7495123
I know, but that's unrelated to the feelings I no longer have for him.

>> No.7495127

>>7495126
It's also easy to mistake the lack of "butterflies" and the rush for him as lack of love. Love is not a feeling, it is a choice. You think people who have been married for 50 years feel as they did within the first year they got together? They don't.

Still, talk to him about it.

>> No.7495132

>>7495127
I'm gonna be honest, now that I've learned to love myself I've noticed he lacks certain things and that make me bored of him. I feel like I'm one of those married women who stay married because of their children, and I'm not one of those women.

And yeah I need to talk to him.

>> No.7495154

>>7495132
I'm pretty sure boredom is common in 4+ year relationships. I hope it's more than that.

>> No.7495164

>major depression for about 3 years, don't seek treatment because scared of medication dependency
>finally decide to try and get my shit together, start taking antidepressants and mentally prepare for shitty side effects
>feel better
>lose 10lbs
>boobs get bigger, go up a cup size
>everythingwentbetterthanexpected.jpg

>> No.7495177

>>7495164
It's been four years for me, I finally talked to my mother about it and I'm going to finally see someone for this. I'm turning 25 in a few months but I want to someday actually want to live past 30, I hope it goes well and I'm more excited about it reading your post, thanks for giving me some hope

>> No.7495179

I recently wore a coord that I was quite happy with and it was a bit ott, I got a lot of positive feedback from it, I just don't know how I can top that though, I want to continue to get better.

>> No.7495208
File: 6 KB, 150x150, 1350234984685.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7493992
>tfw I posted and some anon was 90% positive I was some trip and derailed the thread with a vendetta and things about said trip no one cared about

>say I'm not that trip

>"hahaha, looks like (insert trip here) derailed another thread, what a cunt"

>> No.7495211

>>7495132
Boredom is normal anon. So is being attracted to others. You have to think rationally: you're likely to get bored and become attracted to others no matter who you are with. Being in love isn't a dizzying honeymoon phase forever, it becomes a lot more about trust and loyalty, working together, and generally enjoying each other's companionship. I feel like it becomes somewhat like an unconditional love if you've found the right person.

>> No.7495218

>>7495177
not >>7495164 anon but i'm also on meds for depression and even though they made me gain weight and we had to fiddle with the dosage, they've evened out, my side effects are pretty much gone and I can actually function like a normal human again.

Just stick with it and don't do the dumb thing of "i feel better so i obviously don't need these meds anymore lol" or things will go very sour very quickly. Trust me, I know from personal experience that you don't want to just hop off your meds because you "feel better" as it's most likely the meds themselves that are making you feel that way.

>> No.7495223

>>7495218
Yeah I've heard a lot of that before, I know it's never wise to just come off meds or self-med so I'm approaching this as logically as possible. I really don't want to be on meds but I want to be me again, I want to be happy again. Thank you guys for the support.

>> No.7495250

>have major depression since high school
>poorfag and no therapists in the area take insurance
>friends become rl friends with this tumblr famous chick
>chick gives shitty advice like "cut off your friends with depression" and "don't help those that are always miserable"
>when someone is down, friends will flock to said person with hugs and chocolate filled comfort
>when I'm down, they follow shitty tumblr chick's advice and ignore me because they don't "help people that can't help themselves"
>also bitch about how it's my SO's job to make me happy even though he's struggling with depression
>I wish I can just be happy, normal, and be able to help myself

>> No.7495260

>>7494333
I wouldn't say she's an intentionally malicious or selfish person she just seems to go off on tangents completely unrelated to the topic at hand, like she doesn't realise that it's rude to do that?

>> No.7495270

>>7495208
Also, derailing threads by:
-replying to our very own "men are fucking scum" troll (tm)
-Getting pissed that a girl is called hot/pretty
-Getting pissed at someone's use of emoticons and going "BUT THIS IS 4CHAN WE USE IMAGES", which is even more annoying ;))))) xDDD :PPP
-being a dumbass and wrecking every semblance of intelligent discourse of this board that didn't yet turn into "HURR SHE NO PRETTY, ME YES PRETTY" or "HURR SHE SHOW TITTIES, ME NO LIKE TITTIES!!!"
-Fat people, replica, Nigri, fitness and other arguments that lead nowhere
-Janitor Saltsnatch McGee deleting stuff that people found useful and interesting

>> No.7495285
File: 47 KB, 500x438, 1392346042303.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7495250
That's a shitty thing to say. I get distancing yourself and not getting too close because depressed people are a vortex of sadness and despair (I was one at some point), but straight out elimination from the society? Are there assholes THAT wide and gaping to actually hand it out as sound advice?

Also those same people say "you can't be loved until you love yourself first" and "deal with your issues so nobody else has to, you shouldn't date anyone until you're happy". BULL. SHIT.

Only reason I am not depressed anymore is because of my then-boyfriend, now-husband. That is an absolutely shitty thing to say to someone who suffers and most certainly not true. Sure, distancing yourself a little is necessary, and your friends might get fed up with it which is understandable, but dumping your friend when they need you the most is cowardly and selfish.
>B-but that's just how the world works!!! I have a right to be happy and choose my friends!!!
One day that will happen to you (not you, anon, 'you' in general) and you will QQ how you're alone and everyone's a big meanie for not wanting to hear you cwy about your breakup because you only picked your friends based on how fun they are.

I say ditch them and make new ones, it'll be good for you. You're probably past spaghetti and more fettuccine at this point so first go see a free counselor (or call a free hotline that can direct you to one), surround yourself with loving family and pets and do things you like. When I was depressed I learnt how to play the Irish whistle, why the fuck not.

>> No.7495300

Joining a larp for the first time. The people I'm larping with are way older than me.
But...they have little to no imagination. They all piggyback ride their PC personalities off one guy. Yet at the same time, I feel they are attempting to "control" the outcome of character as well..even when the guy they all immitate said "look, do what's fun"
>costume related
So I gotta come up with ma own outfit for this shindig and from my hours of fb stalking....hardly any of them put love into their clothes or even a modicum of effort. Most of its just bodices, blouse, and skirt (and many of which are supposed to be elementals...so...atleast put in reds/yellows/colors of that scheme right?). So most of its nothing that would mark it as their own character and not random villager #82. Its fantasy so...how could you not want to just look like a rogue or someone who stepped out of game of thrones? I understand this same argument has been applied to many "why are their bad cosplays, why don't they put in effort" arguments but I feel it should be different when its your own character.

>> No.7495448

ive just started out exercising again from nothing. 10 minutes on an exercise bike and 50 calories burned im fucking knackered and I feel useless. im trying to do it in a few 10 minute burst through the day to ease myself in, but my perfectionist side is telling me im terrible and shouldn't keep trying because ill only fail spectacularly :(

>> No.7495454

>>7495211
>>7495154
Well, unfortunately it's more than boredom.

>> No.7495466

>>7495285
You sound like you need to grow up, dependency is bad juju.

>> No.7495473

>>7495466
How is not ditching friends in need being dependent?

>> No.7495479

>>7495473
>it's perfectly healthy to get in relationships when you're depressed
>I'm not depressed anymore because of my SO

>> No.7495527

Part1/2
>See a wishlist JSK and OP on auctions
>Both are the least popular cuts + colours, so I figure that's why the price is reasonable
>Both are newly listed so that explains why they haven't been snapped up yet
>Check seller feedback + item description thoroughly, decide to buy both
>Fast forward to today and they arrive
>Decide to do an opening post so I take photos in a well lit room with the door open
>I'm in a rush so I lay the pieces out and only take a quick snap
>Everything seems alright except for a little mark I notice on the OP
>Family arrives home as I'm finishing up my photos so I move the pieces and place them on the table in my room
>I go off to do other things but when I return to my room I notice a funny smell
>I think it's coming from the neighbours but I realise my window isn't open
>ohgod.jpeg
>I walk over to the dresses and give them a proper inspection
>The JSK has a smoky odour to it but thankfully no stains
>The OP (the one I noticed the small mark on) is the worst offender. A horrible odour of BO is being emitted from it.
>I inspect the OP more and find heaps of stains along the bottom + a rub mark in the center of the skirt portion (it was slightly hidden by a pleat.)
>My heart drops and I feel like an idiot
>I check the auction listings again, wondering where I went wrong
>The JSK was listed as 'mint' condition and the OP listing only mentioned some yellowing around the collar which I was already aware off
>I feel a little better knowing that the fuck up wasn't completely mine but also angry that the sellers lied about the items
>Realize I can't do anything about it because I used an SS

cont

>> No.7495533

>>7495527
Part 2/2

The Solution:
>I set to work on the OP. I cover it in stain remover and chuck it in the tub
>Water instantly turns brown and the stains start to fade after 10mins
>Eventually take it out to inspect it, only 3 faint marks remain
>It's getting another wash tomorrow
>JSK is currently airing out but I'm going to give it the same treatment as the OP
>Now feeling slightly better about the whole situation and it's now going better than expected

I let my excitement get the better of me and I really should have been bit more critical of the whole situation, luckily it didn't end too badly.
And as a heads up be careful when buying from Nekomusume ~ Nyanko ~ 's and xghjb341.
Neither had neg feedback but they weren't truthful about the condition of the items.

tl;dr get damaged items in mail, manage to kind of solve the problem but pissed off that sellers lied

>> No.7495563

>>7495479
The second part is definitely questionable, but I don't think it's a bad idea to date when struggling with depression as long as both parties are aware and can accept that it's going to be a difficult road at times.

>> No.7495581

>>7495533

What stain remover did you use?

>> No.7495589

>>7495479
He helped me get out of depression by being loving and kind. You can't love yourself if nobody else loves you. What's so confusing about that?

>> No.7495593

>>7495589
agreed, meeting my SO helped put me on the right track. not only being loved and appreciated but also having to think of somebody else and care for them - it helped pull me out of my own head a lot. i still struggle a lot with depression (we both do), but with two people you can recognize each other's bad habits and patterns and help each other out.

>> No.7495600

>>7495250
>this tumblr famous chick
>gives shitty advice

Is it who I think it is?

>> No.7495604
File: 1.98 MB, 320x240, temp-320-79240077.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Weight loss anons...Do any of you use cheat days?

I don't go all out and binge for one day a week, but once a week on Wednesdays I have something I don't include on my calorie count.

Like last week I had this delicious cinnamon crape, and this week I really want to try out this new bubble tea place. I'll also do stuff like a small fry, milkshake, chocolate bar...ect. Or if I am going out for fancy tea with friends I will use that as a cheat day so I can fully enjoy it with them without it being awkward or me feeling bad... and just get right back on that horse with a nice clean dinner afterwords if I am hungry.

I don't know, it keeps me from binging most days in a "No I won't have this today! I want my bubble tea!" or "No I have to keep to my calorie count today we are having a five coarse tea this week and I want to stuff my face with scones"

I eat really clean most of the time, fruits, veggies, fish, and it helps me curve cravings by just pushing it off till latter.

What do you think anons?

>> No.7495636

>>7495604
I'm the kind of person who is all or nothing. If I justify a candy bar one day, I'm pretty likely to do it again much more frequently than once a week. But I find that once I've stopped eating an unhealthy thing for about a month, I never want it again, so I'm just slowly phasing shitty food out of my diet bit by bit. However, from what I understand, that's fairly uncommon, and having a treat once a week, if you can keep it down to that, I think that's something most people do and is ultimately not that bad of a practice, especially if you feel it keeps you from eating like crap the rest of the week.

>> No.7495648

>have male friend text out of nowhere
>"I started following a few cosplayers on instagram, I didn't know how cool this hobby is!"
>get excited to have a possible new recruit, ask who he's following
>"Jessica Nigri, she soooo hot! Why didn't you tell me THIS is what you do?!"
>ugh

I've never hated on JNig before and don't really care, but this definitely got a huge eye roll.

>> No.7495654

>>7495604
i follow the parisian style of thought that "everything is okay in moderation", so I dont cut out any fats, sugar or cabs from my diet. im just more active and aware of how much i am eating

>> No.7495670

>>7495654
>Parisian
I thought that was a common sense style of thought

>> No.7495672

>>7495670
you'd think but no

>> No.7496142

>>7495117
that's okay, I went through the same thing with my ex after being together for 3.5 years. Sometimes you just need to move on and get more experience with other people. Good on you for realizing it! Now the hard part is to actually break up and not have it just drag on for another few years.

>> No.7496156

>>7495604
yep, same idea as you - I save my cheat days for when I am going out to restaurants or special events with family or friends when it would be inconvenient to keep track of everything.

>> No.7496160

>Wants to order IW oddment pack.
>Bad timing due to recent con/not pay week.
>Always consider getting luckypack or oddment pack always chickens out
>Not sure what to do.
>Could sell some burando, perhaps or get a credit card.
>Could get overdraft.
>Is it worth it?

>> No.7496170

>>7496160
nah dude. also is it just me or do the oddment packs always suck balls?
My friend has gotten it the last 3 times and its generally pretty boring. none of the pieces are really exciting and a lot don't fit. Plus everyone else gets the same stuff so if something you actually wanted was init, you could buy it from someone else for not too great of a markup.

>> No.7496188

>>7496170
Oh really anon? All the girls I know who got one loved it. Hmm I'm mainly after blouses and fit both an M and L in IW sizing. Would I have any luck? Thank you though for the info on it not being worth it as I've only heard positives.

>> No.7496212

>>7496160
Oh man, I'm in the same boat.
I got super upset over losing the chance to buy my dream dress, and consequently ended up impulse buying $1000 dollars of stuff that doesn't even match anything in my wardrobe.
And so now I have no money.

>> No.7496220
File: 39 KB, 418x455, feel o clock.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Well, god ol' feels here.

>be me
>browse web, see cute hairstyle tutorials
>"Hey, I could try that!"
>try various tutorials, fail at everyone
>feel bad about myself for failing and spend hours on hating girls for having longer hair and better skills than me

>Uni tomorrow
>I want to cry
>it has only been a week and I already feel so overhelmed with stuff I did not do/I have to do
>Feels of panic everywhere
>Need to pass 3 exams
>more panic, guilt for not doing shit
>Endless cirlce

>No friends exepct in 2 classes
>sit alone in class, awkward as hell
>can barely contain spaghettis
>some people make compliments for my clothes, saying I look cute
>Oh god what am I supposed to do
>Burst out the spaghetti and social awkwardness like a social retard
>Manage to hold a small conversation
>Go home, think about things I said, immediatley want to curl in fetal position and cry out of shame because I am convinced they find me weird and hate me

>mfw feels are at the lowest point
>mfw I spent hours hating myself for not succeeding in Victory Rolls
>mfw almost cried in class today because I got so jealous of a girl having a bf
>mfw no bf

>broke up with ex-bf about a year ago
>still not able to leave house without make up, hair done and nice clothes because I am afraid to run into him when I am looking shitty
>mfw I also hate myself too much to even consider believing someone could like me

>mfw all these feels
I am just a little overhelmed right now, I am sorry...
I don't know, the first few days at Uni were okay, but it is a rollercoaster of feeling great and shitty all the time. I just want to lay down and cry and sleep and never want to have any human interaction or responsibility again

>> No.7496227
File: 68 KB, 479x370, hellodarkness.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I like Homestuck, and I fuckin' love cosplaying from it. I've met a few cool people through forums/cons/etc, but...

Man, those tumblrfags that constitute the "fandom." They really ruin it for me. They're all loud, sloppy, annoying, and for some reason insist on talking to everyone like they're a baby? ( "Cuties!", "Hello friend", you know what I mean.)
I want to just shrug it off and not let an annoying fanbase ruin something that I love, but it's gotten to the point where I'm hesitant to go to cons wearing the cosplays I worked so hard on.

>> No.7496245

>lost weight (down from 130 to 105)
>doing some light work with weights as well as cardio, making sure I'm doing my squats and lunges
>still feel too pudgy and dumpy to cosplay anything skimpy

I should not be having this feel, what the fuck is wrong with me?

>> No.7496255

>>7496245
You have to realize you're ugly and not that you're fat.

>> No.7496256

>>7496245
It's possible you lost some muscle tone

>> No.7496258
File: 294 KB, 470x470, 1388206165958.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7496255

>> No.7496300

>>7496256
Possibly. I'm not sure why that would be, though. I'm doing more weight stuff and eating more protein. But I think I'm eating at a pretty high deficit (I don't count calories, but I barely eat). So maybe I should be eating more.

>>7496255
Pretty sure I'm not actually ugly. My nose could use work, but I have large eyes, very little acne, and a modest jawline. Thanks for the advice, though.

>> No.7496324
File: 53 KB, 250x250, 1358032423935.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

have been trying to lose weight for three years
have only gained weight
started at 140 now 190
consistent diet, fairly active, lifting weights...
I have no idea what to do anymore.

>> No.7496341

>>7496324
See a doctor. That shit ain't normal. You might be one of those people that actually has thyroid issues. My aunt hits the gym five days a week, has for years, and goes on long bike rides several times a week as well. Doesn't shed a pound because she has something called Hashimoto's (or something similar, will google).

>> No.7496352

>>7496300
You either lose weight or gain. What percentage of that weight is fat and muscle depend on what you're doing, but you can't lose weight and gain muscle at the same time.

>> No.7496565

>>7495581
Vanish Napisan Oxyaction Fabric Stain Remover

>>7496188
Different anon, but you're only going to be getting 3 or so blouses in a small oddment pack.
IW blouses are really nice but the chances of them all being larger sizes are slim. It's also not worth while getting into debt or pushing your finances over, in the end it's just a fashion.

If you wait around until mid may (packs should come early May but IW tends to be late) then you can always buy off whatever left overs people put up for sale. Pus it'll give you time to save. If you're still really set on getting one, hold out until the next round of luckypacks since IW does a few a year.

>> No.7496921

Wearing jfashion or admitting to wearing it makes me feel like a huge weeb, especially since I am an Asian studies major (12th century Buddhist art is my jam).
Whenever I meet with my conversation partners or go to class, I feel the need to dress as normalfag as possible. It drives me crazy that I don't feel comfortable being as open about my interests as my classmates.
I don't even know who I'm worried about impressing anymore.

>> No.7496929

>>7496921
I don't like to wear jfash so much because I think it's a friend deterrent. I wish I didn't feel that way. I, too, wear regular clothes around acquaintances so I won't scare them away.

>> No.7496932
File: 750 KB, 500x281, afterwork_feels.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>tfw Btssb is visiting nearby con
>tfw lost a bid on dream dress
>can't find anything else interesting and relatively affordable on auctions and sales pages
>check con site reg. page
>tea party event sold out

Maybe next year....

>> No.7496994
File: 293 KB, 649x926, zelda SS face.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Oh thank god a rant thread. I'm planning on making three costumes before summer gets going. The characters I look like and can do are fun for me to do, but everyone else thinks "aww entry level loser" when I pitch the idea. My friends were all going to go in theme with the costumes I picked but they're lazy as hell. I mean my best friend has no job and goes to school 3 days a week. He could muster up at least one costume, even if it's in my suggestions of "Entry level" shit. It fits my face and body, characters fit his face and body, it's perfect. Ugh...

>> No.7497010

I just got my IW blouse today in the mail. It fits, but I can see the issue most girls have with their sizing. I have an A-cup and an inch or two more would make a medium blouse tight on me.

For once I'm glad my boobies are small.

>> No.7497016

>>7497010
>For once I'm glad my boobies are small.
That's the most beautiful thing I've read today ;-;
I'm buying like three IW blouses now

>> No.7497024
File: 1010 KB, 500x229, fabulous.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7497016
We are the Itty Bitty Titty Committee and we stand proud in our burando.

>> No.7497042

>>7495589
>You can't love yourself if nobody else loves you.
I'm glad your SO helped you so much, but I disagree with this statement. You can most definitely love yourself if no one else does. I'd think that's the most important thing, to love yourself first and foremost, regardless of what others think. Not being able to love yourself unless someone else does sounds horrible, as if you need another person's approval to justify your self worth...

>> No.7497055
File: 69 KB, 500x271, opqn9k.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7496220
>>No friends exepct in 2 classes
>>sit alone in class, awkward as hell
>>can barely contain spaghettis
>>some people make compliments for my clothes, saying I look cute
>>Oh god what am I supposed to do
>>Burst out the spaghetti and social awkwardness like a social retard
>>Manage to hold a small conversation
>>Go home, think about things I said, immediatley want to curl in fetal position and cry out of shame because I am convinced they find me weird and hate me
I share these feels exactly. I wish you luck on your exams, anon.

>> No.7497390
File: 89 KB, 500x647, 23456789.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7497055
>I share these feels exactly.

I am sorry to hear that, Anon... All my friends (most moved away) found new friends, even the incredible shy awkward slightly weaboo asian girl. They go to parties, clubs, out for cocktails and movies with new people, just like I imagine University to be, and here am I, barely able to make it through a conversation with someone. Even the "friends" in my two classes are more "I am glad I am not alone and have someone whose name I know and that I can talk to"-people, not really friends.
I even stoppe wearing casual Lolita/otome to Uni because I thought it might scare people away, but even when I get compliments in normalfag clothes I act like a retard. Something must be wrong with me. To quote Lolita-related: "I don't understand how humans connect with one another".

I wish to make new firends, and I really want a new boyfriend, but here I am, at 4chan, whining.
>I wish you luck on your exams, anon.

Thanks. I need to start to study, but all I can do is lay in bed and either panic or feel sorry for myself, haha...

>> No.7497438

>>7497042
I kinda get it, it gets really stale hearing "luv urself" and "bby ur bootiful just da way u r" and "bbz ur perfect 2 me" and all those generic, artificial messages and things people tell you to do subtle damage control plastered alongside subtle messages that if you don't do/wear/say x you're an idiot and it's perfectly fine to be made fun of because serves you right for being an idiot. It's not just commercials and the Internet, actual people do the same exact thing where they criticize you and treat you like shit and then go around saying how it's your own fault for not loving yourself because they think that if you did, you wouldn't care about big meanies. Here's the catch: you would. If you live in a toxic environment and are only ever told to "grow a spine" and "deal with it", you can't exactly love yourself and will grow up to be overly critical of yourself and beat yourself up for any mistake. If you're depressed, if you live in a place where it's treated as being "lazy", that's about all you're ever gonna be hearing as well as "be grateful for all these nice things you have, you're so spoiled". At that point no Dove commercial is gonna help you feel better about yourself because you're guilt-tripped for everything.
>how dare you spend so much on Lolita when children in Africa are starving!!!
It's kinda like that on a smaller scale

>> No.7497456

>>7497390
As someone who has to initiate all of the contact and planning in his relationships, even with family, that picture hits way too close to home.

I really can't figure out if I want to chuckle or cry a little.

>> No.7497488

>>7497390
Anon, I doubt this is any consolation but I'm a social retard too, I only managed to make a fulfilling friendship with one girl I met at uni orientation and that's all really. She's my best friend and was just one of those rare few people I clicked with immediately, so I am forever grateful for that, though I am probably too dependent on her for my socialising. Luckily she wants to see me all the time, so it works well somehow.

Everyone else I got to know (barely) throughout uni are merely acquaintances I think I just gave weird vibes too and spaghetti out my pockets. They tried to befriend me but I just can't connect for some reason, so I think they all gave up and I'll probably never see them again.

This upset me so much years ago, especially because I only had one friend during highschool (I had other friends outside of highschool at least) and I had hoped things would go better for me.

but now I'm pretty happy with my life, even if it is a bit lonely sometimes and friendships and connecting with people is still complicated. I still have lasting and enduring friendships with people I've known since primary school, have just a couple friends where I live now, I think I'm getting better, and I'm making friends at work which is great, I have a wonderful boyfriend, and so I can only hope things get better for you too. Hang in there!

>> No.7497565

My face has been breaking out pretty badly lately. It stresses me out and then my chest and my shoulders start breaking out even more. I can't wear half of my clothes since it will expose even a little bit of my chest and I'm so insecure about it.
Can anyone recommend any good acne medicine? I'm so desperate at this point...

>> No.7497573

I want a girl to blow my money on cute lolita outfits but would be too embarrassed to be seen with her.

>> No.7497583
File: 50 KB, 618x336, jellocap.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I'm not the youngest of the usual /cgl/ crowd but I'm still in college and I have about 3 years(hopefully) left of college because I fucked up a few semesters and I postponed one year after high school. The college I attend now is super close to me(as in <5 minute bus ride) and my parents are paying some of the tuition. Catch is, I'm still living with my parents.

That sounds really lucky for me right? Fuck. I'm going crazy day by day, week by week living here because we live in an apartment. Upstairs's footsteps are loud as fuck even when we told them about it, my room is barely a walk in closet and my room is right by the basement with no window so it's cold in the winter and hot as balls in the summer. Not to mention, since we live on the first floor of the apartment building, we hear people going in and out because our door is a heavy steel door. My parents bothering me and still treating me like I'm a teenager. I have no privacy unless they're out to work so I can't even sew majority of the time when I'm not in class because I would have no privacy nor room in this small ass apartment when they're home.

Every. single. day. I'm trying to be patient. I really think I'm going to explode one of these days.
I want to tell myself to hold out because it's much cheaper to live here and finish school off but I don't know if I can.

I can't move out because I don't have a job right now. Not even that, any job I would get wouldn't be enough to pay rent around here with my boyfriend or another friend because I'm in the city. Even if we managed to get some sort of money to pay rent, my boyfriend's school and my friend's school is far away from me and each other so it's a hassle as well. This is fucking ridiculous. I think I'm going to go crazy.

>> No.7497681

>>7496220
>>Go home, think about things I said, immediatley want to curl in fetal position and cry out of shame because I am convinced they find me weird and hate me
That's a weird thing to say, people don't hate retards

>> No.7497694

>>7497583
Hey anon, came here to answer. To solve one of your problems and give you an easier time at home, maybe you could see with community groups or your friends? I don't know if this is an option for you since you live in the city, but when I was in technical college I joined a group who could use the machines there and these days I go to a "sew whatever the fuck you want" sort of thing. Idk, I looked around the internet and found it?? :^|
Anyway, it might make you feel like you're less restricted to your home, and in my case it's free access to a sewing machine, help on making shit and fairly similar people.
Wow that was really long wtf

>> No.7497699

>>7497583
Hey anon, came here to answer. To solve one of your problems and give you an easier time at home, maybe you could see with community groups or your friends? I don't know if this is an option for you since you live in the city, but when I was in technical college I joined a group who could use the machines there and these days I go to a "sew whatever the fuck you want" sort of thing. Idk, I looked around the internet and found it?? :^|
Anyway, it might make you feel like you're less restricted to your home, and in my case it's free access to a sewing machine, help on making shit and fairly similar people. I hope someone else can help you if this didn't really.
Wow that was really long wtf

>> No.7497703

Fuck doublepost, what

>> No.7497723

>post sales on facebook
>a day passes with nothing
>oh yay, a comment
>she asked how much shipping will cost
>i calculate it for her
>gee I wonder how she looks like
>no mutual friends, profile is public and very open
>weeb ita found
>dresses all have no silhouette
>looking frumpy every outfit
>clothes all fit badly
>slouching, shabby face without makeup, and geekiest glasses
>her friends are pretty ita too
>mixed feels between wanting to sell my stuff and not wanting to encourage the ita

>> No.7497740

>>7497723
Yeah but an ita is interested in something you're selling, what's that say about you?

>> No.7497749

>>7497740
Not that anon, but liking a nice dress doesn't mean you can put together a coord. She also never mentioned anything about lacemonsters just frumpy looking coords.

>>7497723
I wouldn't sell it to her.

>> No.7497751

>>7497723
Something similar, but my story is in reverse:

>Find a decent deal on a brand dress
>Oh hey! She lives in my area
>Pick up the dress and see she's 5'2", chubby, has orange face and greasy hair
>Grab the package and dread opening it until I get home

Pretty sure she stretched the dress out and there are stains on it. Whatta ho

>> No.7497758

>>7497751
>>7497723
I have a similar story as well.
>selling dream sky in lav, original release
>that cut looks way bad on me
>post to my comm first
>one of the members I know fairly well asks about it for her friend
>said girl is well dressed so I assume her friend is also
>meetup with her and her friend to deliver dress/go for bubble tea
>disgusting chubby greasy haired weeb ita in cat ears
>end up going to a karaoke bar where she scream/cry/sings vocaloid songs and gets touchy with me
>tries changing into dress in karaoke booth despite normalfag clothes and security cameras
>get kicked out
never again

>> No.7497762
File: 474 KB, 570x449, 1353745410859.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7497723
Same feels anon, our very own Kai Narita/Angelique De La Rose messaged me about a brand dress I was selling for cheap (to ask max measurements lol)

>> No.7497767

>>7497740
she has replica AP in her wardrobe, so all AP print fans are itas too by your logic, since this particular one liked them.

i have an externally linked auction, but she pm-ed me directly on facebook with her paypal. now I don't want her to bid on my auction either. how do i shake her off?

>>7497762
you could block her though

>> No.7497773

>>7493240
People are so quick to call vendetta on one picture of a girl they don't think is 120% ita but somehow nobody ever calls vendetta on the itas that get posted multiple times in every ita thread, accompanied by explicitly personal comments like "Ugh I hate her so much I wish she'd leave lolita". Hildekitten, for instance. Of course she looks like shit so she belongs there, but what makes a single post of an objectively questionable outfit like >>7489596 a vendetta whereas 5+ posts of someone else isn't? Especially when the defenders try to downplay how bad it is by saying "Oh you could just change everything and she'd look fine" (>>7490410) because that applies to every ita who isn't horrifically deformed. Again, even hildekitten would look decent if you changed the scarf and the shoes and the top and the glasses and the makeup.
I wish using the word vendetta would give people an automatic day-long ban. Nothing permanent, just like a squirt of water to the face until /cgl/ learns to stop throwing that word around willy-nilly.

>> No.7497817

>>7497773
People don't know what a vendetta is (see >>7495097), which is kind of sad. People need to crack open a dictionary every now and again. Or, y'know, Google.

>> No.7497820

>>7497817
No. They need to be re-schooled.

captcha: nctcmos college

>> No.7497855
File: 37 KB, 384x640, 1392614995109.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I'm feeling all kinds of awful lately, I just got back from my second appointment with the university psychologist and she basically told me that my problems are too severe for them to treat. It took me a great deal of courage to actually go out there and get help and it just sucks to hear your worst fears being confirmed. Apparently I have a depression, an ED, many, may family issues and god knows how many other things combined. So now I'm sitting here wishing I could die already because after hearing everything the psych had to say and finding out I won't be getting my bachelors degree this year it feels as if I've failed in life and I don't deserve anything nice anymore. I want to cry but after hiding all my emotions for such a long time it seems like I can't do it anymore. I just feel really, really, really shitty right now

>> No.7497871

>>7497855
Are there any other psychologists at your university you could see? Your problems are no picnic but shouldn't be untreatable. I can't believe a psychologist told you that, sounds like bullshit. Don't blame yourself, they obviously have shitty staff unable to deal with anyone beyond typical people who are stressed about school or have seasonal depression. unbelievable.

>> No.7497874

>>7497855
I'd recommend finding a psychiatrist (someone who can prescribe medicine).Even if your problems can't be cured (really, no disorder can be), there should be at least /something/ to help lessen the severity of your symptoms. That's just a load of crap. Also don't worry about being in school more than 4 years. Quite frankly, in my experience about 30% of people graduate after 5 years anyways. Hang in there anon.

>> No.7497876

>>7497871
I'm going to get more specialised treatment, the psychologist gave a list of people more capable of helping me. And yes they only have staff that can deal with the light stuff and it sucks big time

>> No.7497881

>>7497876
that's good to hear, I just don't think you should take it personally, a lot of school psych staff are total shit it's not because you are just ~so unmanageable~ it's because they are incompetent and untrained. I see it all the time and it pisses me the fuck off. Anyway I'm glad you are going to get help anon, best of luck to you.

>> No.7497892

>>7497694
That's actually a really good idea.

oh i just actually searched and there are rooms or studios but they're for rent. Checked some colleges and they're just for students only. I know one college that has a free space because my friend attends there and can just go in but it's really far away from me

I'll have to keep looking. thank you for the advice!

>> No.7497920
File: 184 KB, 500x375, 1369974772214.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I am cursed with a massive amount of laziness, the fact that I add a new character to my cosplay list every week and a generally very shitty life with lots of money problems and monthly suicidal thoughts.

ugh

>> No.7497944

>>7497438
This is fucking bullshit. I have been in relationship when my ex made me love myself. After a while I felt even worse and worth less than before.
I'm now single for a year and finally started to love myself. If you love yourself, somebody will love you. This is how the world works.

>> No.7497949

>>7497944
Exactly. If you put all of your selfworth onto someone else's opinion of you you'll end up devastated if something goes wrong. You can't measure yourself off of what someone else says or feels without becoming a pathetic, dependent person.

>> No.7497974

>>7497949
Look, my opinion of me isn't dependent on what someone thinks of me. But if you keep hearing how awful you are then you eventually start to believe it and act like it, and no matter how much people say that u r bootiful it isn't gonna make you feel any better, precisely because your opinion doesn't depend on anyone else. The fact that my SO helped me out of depression isn't because he thought I was pretty, it's because he was nice and kind. I still feel like crap about what I am like but I'm not depressed anymore. Depression has nothing to do with what others think of you, it has to do what you think of yourself. And you can't think well of yourself if you're constantly told you're shitty.
Get it? I don't care that one person thinks I'm a shitty person. I don't care if five of them think so. But if a large number of people over the course of your life say they think so you can't NOT care.
>>7497944
Except we're talking about depression, not loving yourself. You can love yourself and be depressed. It doesn't work the way you think.

>> No.7498011

>>7497944
>If you love yourself, somebody will love you. This is how the world works.
There is no fail proof way to find love.

Some people get love without loving themselves. Some of those people get better because of their relationships.

You can't generalize things like that.

>> No.7498293

>been considering buying a dress for a couple of weeks now
>about to buy it new yesterday, decide to hold off a day to think about it
>exact dress I was looking at shows up on a sales comm today in new condition
>awwwww yisss

>> No.7498654
File: 85 KB, 343x338, 1298374794005.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

It's been years since I've been a con. I'm a middle-aged man by now, and I'd like to go back to cons. But I don't want to be seen as a creeper, and I kinda look like the creeper stereotype that cosplayers rant about. I try not to stare, I try to mind personal boundaries, and I'm always polite when I take pictures. But I get this feeling that no matter how much I mind my P's and Q's, people are gonna think I'm some creeper.

>> No.7498660

>>7498654
And everyone is going to think a 7/10+ girl is a fake geek slut. Stereotypes suck, but you need to wade through the shitty people who choose to look at you and assume and find people who make their own judgements. It sucks but people will probably think you're a creep, just like they'll think I'm a slutty fake, don't be too mad at them though be mad at idiots who perpetuate stereotypes.

>> No.7498672

>>7498654
How attractive are you? Because if you look 'bright' (I can't think of the appropriate English word for the one in my head), then you won't be pegged as a 'creeper'.

> You still have to be mindful of social norms of course

>> No.7498679

>>7498672

I am not attractive, and I am mindful of this. That's why I'm concerned.

>> No.7498688

I've had a bunch of friends telling me for a few months now that I should do a cosplay with them for a group, but now another girl we know is doing that same costume and she's a really, really great cosplayer and I feel like I'll never live up to that. She's not wearing this at the con we're planning though, and even offered to lend me her costume for the group thing even though we don't know each other very well (!!!) because she's just that good of a person. I'm not sure if I'll take up on her offer, I feel kind of awkward about it. I just wish I didn't stress so much, I always put so much pressure on myself and get nervous about starting and then I throw shit together in two days and it always looks bad.

>> No.7498694

>>7498679
Well, be as non-threatening as possible then. You shouldn't let it get to you too much; strangers will say ignorant shit so you might as well just do your thing as long as the ones talking to you won't still think you're a creep at the end of the day.

>> No.7498699
File: 18 KB, 500x282, cgl2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7498654
Just go and have some fun. If you're not a creeper, you're not a creeper, that's their problem, not yours.

>> No.7498725
File: 15 KB, 131x250, yayarc.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7498694
>>7498699

>> No.7498737

>tfw no qt photographer boyfriend
>tfw you realize that a photographer bf would take pictures of other girls
>tfw you're a obsessively jealous bitch and that sounds terrible

>> No.7498745

>>7493088
>tfw a guy
>tfw can eat 3400 calories a day for maintenance

Still, I believe in you, anon.

>> No.7498919
File: 53 KB, 640x574, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>mfw real life waifu cosplays 2D waifu but it sucks really, really badly

>> No.7498926

Major con is happening this weekend but I have no one to go with or know anyone who is going. I'm having a hard time justifying spending $60 on a ticket just to hang around the vendor hall and maybe go to a few panels. I only have one costume ready but its for a popular series so I'll just fade into the background. This is the last major con in my area until fall. I just feel stuck. I want to go out, go to meetups, meet people, but at the same time worry its all going to backfire or worse, everyone I run into ends up being under 18.

>> No.7498937

>>7498926
This isn't Awesomecon, is it? Because if so I feel the exact same way about the stupid thing. Everyone I know who was going cancelled within the last couple weeks but there's nothing nearby till Otakon and siiigh I feel like I might regret not going but at the same time is there a point

>> No.7498952

>>7498926
If you're talking about MTAC, I'm having the same exact problem. Well, more the justifying the money part, I have a friend who would go with me. And I've never been, so I don't know how much of it I could look around without a badge. I live within 5min bus ride distance, which when you're talking about the Nashville bus system is saying something, so it feels wrong to not go, but I don't want to go to just not be able to do anything at the con.

>> No.7498969

>>7498919
gaben's face is like perfect for how someone would be laughing as they tried to sputter out

>really, really badly

between laughing.

>> No.7498995
File: 22 KB, 500x481, 1395625342041.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

My entrance exams are coming up soon and I haven't slept a wink. Every night I keep reading more and saying "the more I do now the less I'll do later", and now I go to sleep at 6AM and wake up at 12PM. I feel like shit and don't know how I'll make it to a meet next week. Or my birthday which is on Easter. Maybe I'm actually Jesus, sure would explain feeling like a zombie.
And I'm scared I won't get in because all the candidates are from top-tier schools and I was educated in a meh-tier school abroad.
Lawdy pls give me strength to go to that meetup

>> No.7499028

>>7493087
I do think it's weird there are so many substyles. I'm interested in dressing in nautical lolita dresses but I wouldn't make up a whole other category for it, I just like navy dresses.

>> No.7499263
File: 15 KB, 500x281, 1397629881252.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I had a pretty bad day today.. I was too overwhelmed with cynical and awful thoughts along the lines of...
>everything in the world is awful, no good in the world, there's no point to doing anything, you're always at fault for everything, everything you like sucks because it's popular, people aren't paying attention to you because you're terrible at everything and they will always ignore you

And it's just... too much for my mind to try and process. I wish it would stop, and I'm not even sure what caused it in the first place. I just feel really lonely and nothing makes sense.

>> No.7499285

>>7495604
what i do is eat a small bit of sweets or candy a day to avoid binging. like, half a handful of m&m's or pocky. i excercise enough to the point where these things don't matter, but all-out binging makes me feel like shit always.

i really want to get down to about 115 pounds (currently at 120) but every single one of my family or friends will say i don't need to lose any more. i just want my thighs to stop rubbing together and that's it, i'll maintain that when i get there.

>> No.7499293

>>7499285
>i just want my thighs to stop rubbing together and that's it
sometimes the way fat distributes on a body makes it impossible to get a thigh gap just fyi. If you've never had one in your entire life at different weights, you may never be able to have one unless you are an extremely unhealthy bf % for your height.

>> No.7499296

>>7497565
i don't know about medication, but wash your pillows, and drink a ton of water. drinking a lot of water now? cool, drink more. wash your face every. single. night. eat good food, less greasy/candy foods. trust me anon

>> No.7499311

>>7499293
i've heard this from a bunch of people, and i've been trying to listen and stop striving for the gap but there's just one thing. i know the difference between muscle and fat, and there's just a big chunk of it left around the upper third of my inner thigh. it feels so out of place and jiggly and it wasn't there a year ago. so i'll keep trying but thank you

>> No.7499314

>>7498995
My birthday is on Holy Friday! And my exams are in a bit more than a week! And I will kind of have the same problem of being in competition with elite students next year

Difference is I havent worked on it yet and that I'm feeling super good right now FFFFFAGGOT

>> No.7499319

>>7499311
yeah the way your fat distributes/stores might just have it settling in that area, I'm not saying it's impossible, I'm just trying to make sure you're aware that it may not be possible for you and to not go into the unhealthy range just to get a thigh gap.

>> No.7499324

>>7499285
>candy
Try to replace it with something like roasted almonds (they just taste better than regular almonds). Been on them for 3 years, they've replaced all my candy needs and they're as satisfyingly crunchy as m&m's. Problem is they're not sweet, so it's possible you can't do the transition at all

>> No.7499339

>>7499285
Whenever I get the urge to snack, I make some tea, which helps cure the craving in three ways. 1) waiting for the water to boil, tea to steep, and then cool again keeps me occupied long enough for the hunger to die down. 2) Hot water fills you up, and 3) a little bit of honey helps when I'm craving sweets. It's a good way to stay hydrated, which is an added bonus.

If push comes to shove, though, I just remember a line I heard once to get me through the boiling process: "As much as I like food, I like my clothes more".

>> No.7499346

>>7499285
Eat sweet fruits and vegetables. Raisins, apricot, grenada, carots, tomatoes.
Or better : drink fruit flavoured tea. I have a collection of black fruit flavoured tea, and when I'm craving for someting surgary I just put some honey or sugar in the pot (I put two or three small cubes in, instead of putting one in each cup so I use less sugar), and the fruit scent just fill me up.
I think you can find macaron/chocolate fudge/pudding/strawberry shortcake flavoured tea too.

>> No.7499351

>>7499346
Whenever I'm craving something sweet, my go-to is granny smith apples. They're not the healthiest fruit, but they are so big that I'm usually very full afterwards.

>> No.7499355
File: 109 KB, 724x844, 1382722216007.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>still in love w/ the qt ex lolita fwb
>hadnt spoken in months
>messaged her asking her how she was told her I just want to be friends w/ her
>we hang out
>realize I was lying to myself
>it got awkward

two weeks ago haven't spoken since. it's like during summer break I was seeing this other girl and all I could think about was her. I think it's because we started fucking while I was changing to an antidepressant that really fucked w/ me but she has messed me so much

>> No.7499359

I've never cosplayed, and I'm going to try cosplaying for a con. I'm nervous that what ever I come up with, I'll be laughed at by nerds.

How can I cosplay with little craftsmanship? Would being the cardboard box gundam be acceptable?

>> No.7499362

>>7499324
If they want sweet, dried fruit works as a convenient snack (or a fruit/nut mix)

>> No.7499365

>>7499351
I use to eat a lot of them, so much that I can't stand eat anymore. any kind of apple, to be fair. My home town is famous for it's apples.

But yeah, apples (especially acidic ones) are great too. I'll stick to my tea and cherry tomatoes though.

>> No.7499367

>>7499359
I doubt you could the worst if you put in at least minimal effort. Don't worry about not being the best and just have fun cosplaying.

>> No.7499371

>>7499355

ugh I wrote love that is the worst freudian slip

>> No.7499389

>>7499359
Buy a cosplay or commission someone decent.
The only time when making your own cosplay really matters is in competitions

>> No.7499397

>>7492943
IW have Packs out, I have the money for them but too much boobage for 3/4 of IW items to be able to comfortably splurge on one without massi e disappointment. Why do you do this IW, WHYYYY HAAATE BOOOOOBS?

>> No.7499400

>>7495604
It sounds a bit depressing, but for me there are only two things that have ever really gotten me to alter my diet for the better. The first is just total apathy and laziness, when I just can't be bothered to go walk a bit more and pay money to eat lunch, and it happens every now and then. The second is when I make myself so busy that I just don't care about eating anymore.

>> No.7499408

>sitting at school today
>alone because I have no friends and I'm too shy to talk to anyone
>some girl who's in a few of my classes comes over and sits across from me
>pause my music and say hi
>"can I ask you something?"
>sure
>"do you have asperger's? my friend thinks you do."
>say no
>"are you sure? you never talk to anyone!"
>tear up and walk away

I don't know why that made me cry but it was so rude and I didn't know what to say

>> No.7499411

>>7493954

I see this all the time.

A decent cosplay group ruined by uggos. Think a healthy dose of brutal truth is the only thing that can make these people get their acts together. Especially if they are making passive comments about how they are always ignored.

>> No.7499430
File: 15 KB, 307x410, p18kjklc8c16gf1ssl1fdr7k71suc4.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Johanna Tukiainen ruined drama for me. Everyone else feels so lame compared to her

>> No.7499485

>>7499430
She visited this one bar a year ago and I happened to be there. She was piss drunk with toilet paper stuck on her shoe and when I told her about it (politely) she told me to fuck off.
Poor thing. She reminds me of one of those dancing bears that are laughed at during and drugged after their performance.

>> No.7499497

>>7494325
>all of /fit/

It's body dismorphia, you don't see your self the same way everyone else sees you and you will always be able to find something wrong with your body.

Some times you just need to look at your self and be happy, looking for the next thing to improve. But make sure you are genuinely being proud of your current achievements

Hope that helps

>> No.7499499

>want to lose weight
>not really all that fat, just have tiny bit of pudge
>eating habits are absolute shit; basically live on shit like chips and almost never drink anything
>try to diet/eat healthier on multiple occasions
>everything in my house is basically not healthy or pure carbohyrates
>not enough willpower to keep dieting
>forever pudge

>> No.7499501

>>7499408

Why the fuck do people think it's okay to say things like this?
I swear to god, next time you see her, I give you full permission to wallop that cunt straight in the face.

I'm so fucking glad I'm not in school anymore.
Please keep your chin up. I used to be quiet too and I would get mercilessly teased for it. I was quiet because I didn't want to interact with douchecanoes like the ones you happened to run into.

If anything, if I were you, I'd confront her and be like "Why did you come up and ask me if I had a mental deficiency? You might as well come up and asked me if I was retarded, Why did you think that was okay?" CALL. HER. OUT.

And before people start jumping down my throat for me comparing aspergers to retardation, I'm sorry. You don't need to enlighten me. I know it's not the same.

>> No.7499502

Reading through this thread makes me realize that craving food is an actual thing, like craving something sweet so that messes up your diet. I never feel the urge to eat and usually only eat something small to stop the cramping in my stomach. (Like a packet of oatmeal or a small granola bar.) I'm really skinny, but I'm also really unhealthy. I'm just never hungry.

>> No.7499581

>acquire qt bf a few months ago
>very skinny but no muscles
>has only seen naruto and studio ghibli movies
>get him to start watching anime and lift
>now obsessed with both
>enough free time to destroy muh gains and anime watching in comparison
>starts making fun of "filthy casuals," skinnyfats, and bad cosplays
>tfw doesn't feel like a qt bf anymore

>> No.7499584

>>7499581
You created a monster

>> No.7499637
File: 179 KB, 1083x720, 1392136854365.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>math exam in ~7 hours
>hardcore studying last night
>massive panic attacks due to bf's anger and test
If I get below a 70, I have no hope. My life will literally be ruined.

>> No.7499661

>>7497855
You're not alone, anon. My problems are different from yours (social anxiety, depression, possible autism) but I got the same sort of response from my university's psychologists. Basically anything beyond mild stress, performance anxiety and homesickness is too severe for them to handle. They also directed me to a group of specialists.
I started looking for help around January of last year and have still not gotten even a final diagnosis, let alone therapy. Shit sucks.

>> No.7499662
File: 32 KB, 495x330, k541531431.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7499637
I know that feel.
I'm declaring my major and starting on my degree-relevant classes next semester, but this semester I have a class that I'm barely failing in. The only way I can pass is with solid 100s from now to the end, and if I fail, my next semester is fucked.
I'm so terrified and I've never been in this position before.

Good luck to you, Anon.

>> No.7499687
File: 56 KB, 348x297, 1395113670112.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7499662
Thanks, anon. And good luck to you too! I'll eventually ask my professor for extra credit and hope he'd say yes.

My major has insane prereqs so if I don't pass this class (I had a 58 on my first exam..) my next semester's also fucked. I've had this happen when I couldn't pass enough with the math class before this, but at least I was just starting out so required intro classes were available to me anyway.
>tfw a friend in class never does his homework and barely take notes
>tfw he gets higher grades than you

>> No.7499705

>>7499499
Sink some money into a gym nearby! You can treadmill/elliptical a few times a week, and not wasting your money would be a good motivator.

>> No.7499713

I caved in and set up a site in a desperate attempt to get money for semi-nude selfies.
It hasn't even been an hour yet and I've already made some money.
I had a small tinge of regret there for a while but it's gone now. I haven't gotten a job despite trying my best for over a month, if I can make money by taking pics of my average as fuck body, then fuck. I'll do it. It's just my body attached to a fake persona, I don't care.
I'm a literal camwhore now.

>> No.7499736

>>7495600

I hope it's laci green because that's who it sounds like

>> No.7499847

>>7499584
he's not so bad, but I am jealous of all the time he has to watch anime and his gains. I think he goes on 9gag, too..

>> No.7499875
File: 23 KB, 128x128, 432.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

A few of my dresses have something wrong with them. small stains,resewed buttons,pulls in the lace,whatever. its not that big a deal but its been bothering me lately,and i can't get over it.

>> No.7499958

>tfw an item you ordered shows up at local sort facility only to turn around and go back to NY sort facility
>tfw no status updates for 8 days
>tfw you call USPS and they tell you that that's entirely normal for first-class mail and that it's still en route to destination

Normal my ass. I'm so fucking sick of the US postal service. The seller has at least agreed to re-send if it doesn't show up in a few weeks. I'm assuming that it's gone at this point.

>> No.7499987

Bad feels:

Finally get to go to college. Suffer from poor hs GPA because of having to change to a dumb people school. Wad smart and in all AP classes, but big event happened at home leaving me with lots of mental problems like paranoia and ptsd and was bad enough to be pulled out of school for two years to be in a hospital.
Dumb school is an accelerated school? so finish both years in two weeks lol. Go back to regular school.
Make straight As for two years but cannot fix GPA. No college wants me qq

Fall into more depression after firdt year of college. Family mega poor, yet cant get money for college because father makes a lot of money but has cut me off for all except medical insurance (mandated to keep me by state law on it).
Cant go to school...Might as well get crummy job and help mom out.

Good feels:
Meet really good cute guy. Blows his money on me and my mom to be comfy, works really nice job, in college with a job already in hos major. Pulls me out of depression, pays for me to go back to college.

SUPER GOOD FEELS:
Back in college. Doing Computwr Science. Mother is now well off with new job.
Be sophomore and get nice cushy job as a programmer. Also now living with boyfriend!
Introduces me into cosplay
Other friend met through cosplay introduces me to lolita.
Quality of life has vastly improved and I'm spending every moment trying to make my boyfriend proud and thank him for helping me out way back when.

>> No.7499991

>>7499987
Same anon
Typing on phone is fail. Typos gslore. Read at your own risk.

>> No.7500172

>Be me in college
>nasty cunt in class makes fun of me for being a fatass
>keeps informing me that I am fat, despite me being fully aware of it
>youdontsay.jpg
>already lost about 18kg by then, had 6 to go
>reach goal weight by end of semester
>now somewhat below average weight, feel gud
>Winter break over: "Ha! There's the fatass"
>"Oh hey! Notice something? I lost weight! But I see you stayed a toxic cunt"
>never says anything about me again, at least for now

Well that felt good. Now to get rid of stretch marks.

>> No.7500240

>>7499581
Good
Now introduce him to /fit/, the circle must be complete

>> No.7500252

>>7499987
I'm so happy for you, anon! And how good of you to take care of your mother even when you were going through a rough time yourself.

>> No.7500255

>>7494410
>>nobody noticed
So, you have an ED for attention to get people to notice you. Lel.

>> No.7500258

Started to eat some of my feelings today, then I stopped and started crying. God I wish I wasn't ugly and fat. Fuck my genetics (face wise) and fuck my pathetic inability to control what I eat. I suck.

I've been panicky all day because later tonight I have to learn how to drive with a relative. I'm almost 19 and I still can't drive. I am terrified to drive a car, and sometimes I get scared while riding in one too. I went through driver's school and everything(dreaded it every day), but when I got my permit, I stopped driving. Then a few months ago, I got my permit again. But I didn't drive at all while on it because, well, I could partially blame the weather since the roads were icy nearly 24/7 last winter, but it was mostly because I was too scared to even try.

Now, I'm trying again. It's so pathetic that I can't drive a car. I am a goddamn adult who is physically and mentally capable of driving, but I just can't do it. I am so scared. What if I kill someone someday behind the wheel. What if I get into a wreck and kill someone who was a passenger in my car. What if I get in a really low mood and purposefully crash the car and kill myself. I can't not learn though, driving a car is crucial where I live.

This doesn't relate to /cgl/ at all, sorry.

>> No.7500289

>>7500258
Shit anon.. You sound exactly like me. I'm 20 and I still don't have my license. I'm scared for the exact same reasons you are.

I have to get it though, I live in Buttfuck, Nowhere and I need to get away from my abusive mother.

Until then though I'll be a sad, fat NEET.

>> No.7500297

>>7500258
no worries anon! I didn't get my license until after college (failed 2 times when I first got my permit @ 16), and then didn't even drive for a year after that because I didn't have access to a car. I then proceeded to move up to upstate NY.

The thing about driving is taking your time. If you don't feel comfortable driving with traffic at 5 miles above the speed limit, then don't. If highways scare you, take the back roads. It's scary, but if you end up not driving you could just move to a city.

>> No.7500386

>>7500258
I feel exactly the same about driving. I tried to learn the summer before last, and my instructor made me cry on my first lesson. After the next few I just hated it. I had a lot of recurring dreams around that time of stalling in roundabouts and ones about crashing (then I'd suddenly jolt up awake). I hate being in vehicles, I freak out a lot everytime someone does something stupid on the roads (bad ovetaking) and I'm scared of causing an accident myself or being killed in one. My younger sis got hit by a driver who went through a red light a couple of weeks ago too.

>> No.7500394
File: 58 KB, 181x189, what the fuck am I looking at.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7499408
> years ago, some classmate does this
> fuck you and your rude ass
> fast forward a few years
> Anon, you have aspergers

shit

>> No.7500400
File: 85 KB, 376x386, 1397678881277.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7500394
>>7499408
>professor with Aspergers thinks I have it too
>takes a special interest in me because of it
I just don't see the point in talking to the random people around me. Is that really so hard to understand..?

>> No.7500405
File: 727 KB, 200x150, tumblr_myrlcqqNox1qe0snzo1_250.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

This white-guilted dumbfuck on my facebook who has ever only lived in small-town southern Ohio went on a trip to Palestine and now she's so ~*enlightened*~ and constantly posts about raising minimum wage to $15, how "reverse" racism isn't real, minorities can't be racist, calls disabled people "differently-abled", the whole shebang,
well she just posted a bullshit video about how UCLA isn't diverse and how she's for Affirmative Action and she just pisses me off so bad goddammit

and the worst part is another super liberal overzealous friend of mine is "ok" with her, but can't stand when a cousin of mine posts more republican views maybe once a month.

>> No.7500408

>>7500400
while I understand my diagnose and at first was pretty happy with the idea I wasn't crazy, looking back on it and knowing more people who got the same diagnose.... I just don't feel like I'm that bad? Which also makes me paranoid because what if I don't see how bad I am?

But for real, I feel like every socially awkward teen with a weird tendency or two is instantly an autist

>> No.7500412

>>7500405
If I went to Palestine I'd be really pissed off about social injustice too. Palestinians are literally and actually oppressed.

>> No.7500429
File: 1.23 MB, 245x140, tumblr_mw1qnbGoyK1qhf31ao5_250.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

There's a super liberal white-guilted dumbfuck on my facebook who has only ever lived in small-town southern Ohio who went on a trip to Palestine and became ~*enlightened~* and now constantly posts shit about how minorities can't be racist, "reverse" racism isn't true, raising the minimum wage to $15 is right, government is bad and full of white people because they're racist, calling disabled people differently abled, the whole shebang
and she just posted a video about UCLA not being diverse and how she's for Affirmative Action and she just pisses me off so bad.

The worst part is another overzealous liberal friend of mine (who thinks today's gay discrimination is as bad as the civil rights movement was for blacks) thinks her posting is "ok" but hates when my cousin posts more republican views every month or so.

I just wish these faggots would stop saying "I'm independent!!" and just admit they're blue as hell.

>> No.7500431

>>7500429
well shit it said my last one didn't post so accidental double-post, sorry

>> No.7500435

>>7500412
Yeah I know they are, which is why she should focus on that instead of the petty shit going on in Amerikkka

>> No.7500450

>>7500412
Should let her know about how transgender people got recognized as a minority in India (i.e. They can put preferred gender when voting and are eligible for jobs) but gay sex is still a crime.

>> No.7500473
File: 10 KB, 250x200, 1397687626122.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

So seagulls, today I really came to realise how much I really dislike my father.

3 years ago, I became aware of my parent's problems when my father went to Italy out of the blue, leaving my mom with 5 children and our restaurant to manage. He came back after two weeks.

During the last holidays we spent together he refused to give my mother any money (which was hers too), humiliated and belittled her, and I had to comfort my cyring mother more than once.
He is still very closefisted, and always complains that my mother would spend too much money on clothes (she does not; also, it is her own money); but when one of his relatives (mostl he had not seen for years) asks for money, he plays the generous noble man.

My parents do not like each other very much anymore. They have lost all abilities to talk to each other; I always feel uneasy when I am together with both of them, as they always create a very uncomfortable mood. My father is rude, and my mother tends to talk in a mockish way, and is always annoyed and impatient with my father. This is why I hate sundays, and why I am glad my father works 5 days a week.

My mom told me on more than one occasion that if she had the money, she would get divorced. Unfortunately she is a stay at home mom, has not worked for 20 years (aside from managing my parent's restaurant), has a big loan due to our house and five children, all younger than me, to feed. So divorce is not really an option.
I have seen her cry more than once; I know she is unhappy. I know she needs the money (they have a restaurant+our house together) and mostly pretends being happy family for my younger siblings.

I cannot bear to really talk or even look at my father without getting angry- I am glad I only see him a few hous a week. A part of me still loves him, and I know he loves me too. But the part which hates him for hurting my mom so much grows bigger each day, and I sometimes just wish my father would disappear.

>> No.7500656

>>7500429
>I just wish these faggots would stop saying "I'm independent!!" and just admit they're blue as hell.

Truth to that. I'm fairly liberal, but there's a difference between researching several credible news sources, and talking to a lot of people to gain different perspectives before forming an opinion on a subject (dat run-off sentence), and blindly following whatever CNN/tumblr/a politician says. (Politics should just NOT be talked about on facebook, imo.)

And damn son, I'm gay, but our rights movement is not how the blacks civil rights movement was! Yeah, it is in other countries, but 2014 United States? No!! I mean, there is gay discrimination, but it's not on the same level of discrimination that blacks faced during that time!! Christ.

>> No.7500668

>tfw ive started to hate lolitas because of cosplayers having to share cgl with them
like come on, why can't there be two seperate boards? i don't give a shit about your candy vanilla parade jsk bullshit

>> No.7500673

>>7500668
I actually wish that there could be separate boards for cosplay and j-fashion/k-fashion, since the two are really quite different.
I like looking at the cosplay threads just for fun but they're pretty irrelevant to me, like ours are to you.

>lolita, not cosplayer
>yet

>> No.7500702

I keep getting ignored by people and it's really making me hate myself more.

>> No.7500742

>>7500258
Anon, you're not alone in that. I'm about to turn 20 and haven't driven since I was 16. I've ALWAYS been terrified of cars and have to look down so I don't panic. My parents blame me not knowing local roads on listening to my music while in the car, but I just can't look out the window. It freaks me out. They don't believe me.

All attempts to drive, whether in backroads or parking lots have aggravated my fear. In an empty parking lot people will speed at you and cut you off, even from across the lot, just to tease you. I was once made to drive in a huge extended-cab truck whose wheel I was too weak to turn, on a backroad. The turn radius I managed had put me in the wrong lane, and for some reason there was a semi (pretty sure they're supposed to be unlikely on backroads) coming right down a huge hill. I swerved, over compensated, drove into a ditch, and stopped right before a tree. Then my mom made me drive OUT of the ditch and drive another few miles while I sobbed, basically blind, yelling at me because the road wasn't straight so I wasn't on it half the time.

The problem is I live three hours away from both parents (with one car between them) so I don't even have an opportunity to try. Once I leave for the summer, I have to wait another year to try.
I mean, I won't have a car either, but it would be nice to have the option to rent one in an emergency, you know?

4chan seems to be the only place I come across other people afraid of driving.

>> No.7500755

>>7500258
I felt like you too after I got my permit, anon. My mom forced me to get my license before I turned 18, but I had and still have the same problems.

>First time driving, almost ran into a trophy wife moron driving in the wrong lane
>First time driving at night, was stuck behind a car with a guy puking out the window
>Cried basically every time that I drove with someone because they got impatient after 10 minutes
>Cried when first trying to get my license because I didn't see the median and went on the wrong side of the road immediately when my test started
>Cried the second time around because I couldn't remember to go into neutral after parking at a curb

I think the only reason I passed is because the old man felt sorry for me because I was crying so much.

>> No.7500770

>>7500755
>go into neutral after parking at a curb

Uhhh please tell me you mean "park" and not "neutral" because neutral would leave your car rolling away.

>> No.7500797

>Be me
>Have cunty sister
>Fucked me up as a kid for doing shit like getting me beaten by our mom because I only copied her when she gave me the middle finger, and she told mom
>I was obsessive about covering my wrists and not sleeping in the dark from when I was really little until I was almost a teenager because she forced me to watch The Ring after she made me think it was Lord of the Rings by telling me 'it'll be worse if you don't know what happens'
>Even when I was older she did shit like beaten me up and gotten me yelled at claiming a bruise she has was me beating her up
>Sister goes away college, I finally have my own room for a while and only have to interact with my decent siblings

>Came back sometime around October
>Has stolen parent's money, has stolen and tried to throw out things that aren't hers(including things that are mine), would throw a fit when I had my clothes sitting around but wouldn't let me hang them up and also just leaves her clothes laying around as if it's alright when she does it
>Now has this thing with binge-eating where she's done shit like ate an entire bowl of cookie dough we've made, constantly eats half of whole party boxes of shit like chips and oreos
>Pretends to be healthy by denying this and juicing; wonders why she can't lose weight
>Ate an entire box and more of my expensive chocolates I have in my drawer in our room
>Denied it when I confronted her
>Started crying and saying we always accuse her of everything and how she's totally innocent
>This is the bitch that told us she 'hates all of us' last Thanksgiving dinner to our aunt

>Mom still sides with her, despite her knowing all the shitty stuff she's done
>Yelled at me for hiding part of sister's bong in other sister's room

This girl is 24, has no job, doesn't do any chores, gets irritated when we force her to do chores, and sits around on her ass watching Gossip Girl all day.
I'm really hoping for the day that she finally moves to Colorado like she wants so bad.

>> No.7500802

>>7500770
I think I said it wrong. But when you're parking up or down-hill on a curb, you're supposed to move your tires a certain way, go into neutral so it falls against the curb, and then you park.

>> No.7500807
File: 173 KB, 364x285, tumblr_m7pcs5N19o1qie26eo1_400.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7500797
>Cont because I'm so frustrated with this is2g

>mfw she'll probably never go to Colorado and will sit around on her ass here forever, and when I go off to college after summer, I'm probably going to come back to find all of my stuff I left behind thrown out or missing
>And she'll probably deny it

>> No.7500811

>>7500802
... No, you're supposed to turn your tires that way, put it into park, and then set the e-brake.

Because then in the very off chance that both brakes fail, it'll just hit the curb.

I've never heard of putting it in neutral, despite taking 2 separat driver's ed courses.

>> No.7500825

>>7500807
Take all of your stuff, pack it up, and store it somewhere else. Leave it with a friend, get a storage container, anything.

>> No.7500826
File: 464 KB, 500x338, spongefa.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I went to a fabric store for the first time and was really off-put about it.
The workers there seemed really bitchy and weren't interested in helping me. I asked where I could find something to be used as mockup fabric and they told me to use muslin but the roll was almost $15/m and I asked if there was anything cheaper and they said there's no alternative if I'm "serious" about learning to sew. I tried asking them questions (just related to sewing, not cosplay), and they would sigh and speak with some fake happy tone like "what are you doing in this store if you don't know this and that" and just wanted to get out of there as fast as I could.
In the end I just bought some cheap cotton (which then they asked why I didn't buy a pattern or listen to them and use muslin like they said and then then told me that they wouldn't want to wear something I made) and was completely embarrassed leaving the store and am too shy to say anything back to them.

I'm really afraid to go back again and was completely intimidated by how the rude the staff was (it was all elderly women if that makes a difference) but there isn't a fabric store for a few towns over. What a great way to introduce myself into making my own costumes...

>> No.7500830

>>7500811
I had to make sure I wasn't crazy and looked it up because I hadn't ever heard about setting the e-brake.
The way I learned it was definitely to put it into neutral after turning your tires so your car falls against the curb, and then you park it. So, like if you said, the brakes fail, it won't go falling down the hill.

>> No.7501281

>>7500656

The stuff they share on facebook is always, ALWAYS Huffpost or some tumblr screenshot.
She really thinks gay people face obstacles as bad as having dogs legally set on them, fire hosed, segregated...completely ignores the public outrage that comes every time a gay person is treated unfairly, or that we have insanely popular gay celebrities, or that America is ahead of most of the world when it comes to gay rights. Once she said she was making a powerpoint with evidence to prove me wrong, never heard about it again, kek

>> No.7501287

>>7500830
I've NEVER heard of putting the car in neutral.

>> No.7501315

>>7500172
Is that really all she had to say about you?

What a cunt. Glad you called her out on it. Good on you, anon.

>> No.7501328
File: 393 KB, 500x290, 1395180160677.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7500826
That sucks anon, it sounds like they were really rude, especially towards a customer. My advice is to get a list together before-hand if you go there again with exact things on it (i.e., three yards of linen) and get advice and tutorials online or from someone else who sews. And from someone who makes mock-ups out of old bedsheets, muslin is not required. Don't let them get you down.

>> No.7501335
File: 30 KB, 110x132, no.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

A while ago I talked in a thread like this about how normalfags call me lolita when I dress fairy kei. Now people think I'm a pastel goth.

>> No.7501806

>>7500394
>>7500400
I was diagnosed assburgers when I was 14 and actually had my diagnosis revoked 4 year later because I wasnt that bad.

>> No.7501807

>21st birthday
>boyfriend who I live with doesn't even say happy birthday until I ask him to
>2 out of 4 of my best friends didn't say anything
>brother doesn't want to go out for dinner
>mother keeps saying she can't afford it but books dinner in late afternoon on the day
>boyfriend buys me a fucking barbie and horse set what the fuck
>mother gave me coasters and a vase
>get less than 10 messages on facebook
>boyfriend screams at me because i throw a hissy fit
>cancel dinner
>the few family members going are all pissed
>boyfriend screaming and upset
>also at risk of failing uni

I would kill myself but I'm too much of a pussy. I hate seeing that other people who are actively assholes get spoilt on their birthdays and I get this.

>> No.7501811

>>7501807
Is that a joke?

Last time someone remembered my birthday was 5 years ago.

>> No.7501813

>>7501811
No but I wish it was. Now my boyfriend and I are both crying. I wish I could just die already.

>> No.7501821

>>7501813
>>7501807
I'm sorry anon, but you seem really spoiled. No one has remembered my birthday since I was 14, and when they did, it was because facebook reminded them. You threw a hissy fit because you didn't get enough facebook messages? Really? And then you just canceled dinner with your family and expect people not to get upset? Your family/boyfriend didn't seem to do much wrong at all, they just didn't treat you like you were some royal highness up on her throne. Wanting to die over something like this just makes you seem melodramatic and bratty.

>> No.7501822

>>7501813
You sound super spoiled and entitled, jfc. Suicide over people not remembering your birthday? Lashing out at people over it, canceling dinner?

Grow the fuck up. You sound 12, not 21.

>> No.7501824

>>7501807
>also at risk of failing uni
maybe you should study instead of shitposting on /cgl/

>> No.7501829

>>7501813
>>7501821
>>7501822
I know I'm being selfish but this is the last thing that has happened over the past couple of years such as deaths and being homeless and I've reached breaking point. I keep thinking I've hit rock bottom and it only gets lower and lower.

>> No.7501835
File: 440 KB, 480x360, tumblr_m6ily9rUgK1qknhfso1_500.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Just ordered Claudia~

>> No.7501837

>>7501829
I think.. regardless of the circumstances, your actions were that of a spoiled child and you really need to be more grateful.
Maybe everyone was busy and getting a good present that you wouldn't scream about wasn't on their mind. If you act like this often, maybe they subconsciously chose to forget because you're 5 years old.

Apologize, especially to your mother and boyfriend.

>> No.7501839

>Girl I casually talk to every few months starts sending really personal and depressing essays about her life.
>Kinda fucking awkward cause we aren't super close or even good friends.
>Feel bad for her and am a bit worried, figure she just needs someone to talk to so I give her my skype.
>whathaveidone.jpg
>Constantly complains about shit.
>Writes tons of shit even when I'm not online or don't reply.
>Always seems to be SOMETHING horrible and wrong happening, which she needs to tell me about 10 times worded differently.
>Brushes off or makes excuses for the advice I try to give her.
>Constantly apologizes for being so annoying and talking about whatever she's complaining about that day, then continues to be annoying and talk about it more anyway.
>So much fucking negativity 24/7.
>Complained to me the other day about her ex best friend because "she's so negative all the time and complains about her problems but then doesn't listen to advice from others for help and it's bringing me down."
>Are you fucking serious you just described yourself holy shit.

I don't hate her or anything and a small percentage of her complaining is totally justified, but all the negativity being dumped on me is driving me nuts. Why can't we talk more about normal shit like cool stuff on etsy or tv shows or craft projects or fucking anything else, good god.

>> No.7501843

>>7501829
To be honest I get where you're coming from. I think your SO at least should care about your birthday. My 21st last year made me really unhappy.
>in foreign country so can't see friends or family
>ask bf if he'll help me make it a fun weekend
>says he will
>ask him to help me pick a birthday cake
>no who fucking cares about a birthday cake
>choose cake by myself
>wake up on my birthday
>he hasn't got me a present
>ask if he'll sing happy birthday to me (yes I know it's stupid but my parents or my friends always do and I was missing them a lot)
>no that's fucking stupid
>go and sing happy birthday to myself in the kitchen and blow out the candles on my cake while crying
>bring him a piece of cake
>he won't have any
>sit and eat it by myself

I'm actually in tears posting this. I guess it gets to some of us more than others.

>> No.7501844

>>7501837
I agree with you, but I know that no one was busy getting presents and I don't care about presents anyway (I cared about my boyfriend's present not because it was cheap but because I felt like he didn't know my interests at all), just for the people I thought cared about me to acknowledge it. It just really hurt that no one in my family wanted to do anything, especially my brother but everyone makes a big deal out of him. It feels like a stab in the back when I always put heaps of effort in for them but I guess I should learn to just not expect anything back ever. Aside from my boyfriend, I just feel like no one would really care if I weren't here. My mom is actually happy that I cancelled dinner because she didn't want to pay for anything, she was just mad because she had already left. I don't show this side to people but it's a side of me that I hate. In real life I come across as a doormat. But I definitely need help.

>> No.7501846

>>7501843
I'm so sorry anon, I hope things are better now and that either you broke up with him or he realized he was being a jackass. I won't get any of that either this year. The fact that it's for the 21st makes it worse.

>> No.7501847

>>7501843
Are you still with this boyfriend? Because he is not a good boyfriend. Get a better one.

>> No.7501852

>>7500830
>>7501287
Is this a UK vs US thing maybe? There's no 'park' on my car, I put it in neutral and put the hand brake on. Never heard of an e-brake.

>> No.7501853

>>7500408
This, according to a lot of doctors I'm a flaming aspie but my brother-in-law has it "a little" and it's just... Leagues worse than mine. Like, he stutters a lot, talks to himself in fucking public, paces around the room while making airplane noises, has clumsy/awkward sperg movements... I just don't have many friends as far as those things go, although I was a massive weeb in hs

>> No.7501855

>>7501847
I broke up with him a few weeks later and am with a much nicer guy now.

>>7501846
It's a shitty feeling when one particular birthday is meant to be special and then it just... isn't. I mean I'm luckier than a lot of people in that my parents always care a lot about making sure me and my brother have good birthdays, and I'm back home for my birthday this year so hopefully it'll be good. Mum will get me a cake at least. When's your birthday?

>> No.7501856
File: 203 KB, 856x540, 1395190783933.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>suffer from socialy anxiety all my life
>don't go out much
>start attending anime conventions, always alone and always not talking to anyone
>after going to over 5 conventions I finally become friends with someone
>he's an awesome guy, we get closer and closer
>we start dating, he's my first boyfriend and I'm so happy
>tell my parents and show them a picture we took
>my dad doesn't seem happy about it
>turns out my dad isn't happy that he isn't white
>he's mixed race, like 1/4 black
>my mom won't say anything and says that's how my dad is
I'm so angry

>> No.7501860

So... What constitutes as binging? I've never been told to stop binging because I'm underweight and people like to see me eat, but I really do like candy and sweets and while I can't eat a whole bag of jelly beans for example I'll snack on it over time and eat half without noticing.

>> No.7501862

>>7496341
Ah yes. Hypothyroidism. It affects your weight gain (metabolism) and even mood swings due to hormones. Have you been feeling any weird mood swings? Is your hand shaking?

This is common in my family, my aunt has hypothyroidism while I have hyperthyroidism. Good luck and go see a doctor!

>> No.7501873

>>7501856

You'll be ok. You'll find that over time parents usually chillax about their children not making the same decisions they would. Sometimes, not all that often though, through their children the parents also grow up a little and realize the world changes. I say not often because as humans we tend to get stuck seeing someone a certain way and it's REALLY hard for people who used to wipe the poop off you see you as a fully formed human with their own thing to do.

The point also being that you are growing up and not under their thumb anymore. You'll leave home and make your own way and normal parents will be happy that you even call or come around anymore.

You'll be fine.

>> No.7501878

>>7501873
>You'll be fine.
Yeah I know...
I'm just angry that my parents are acting this way.

>> No.7501985
File: 98 KB, 640x360, why.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>buy things from sellers
>overall positive experiences
>leave feedback each time and message them saying thanks for the parcel
>mfw no one ever leaves me feedback

Why must people do this?

>> No.7501994

It's really frustrating to feel like I'm not "there yet" in terms of sewing/cosplay talent. I'm going to keep working at it and getting better, but the mediocre stuff I'm making right now (on the way, hopefully, to better stuff later) can be really discouraging. I also personally find it really difficult to completely disregard the attention/recognition piece and feel ashamed that I feel like I need external validation of what I'm doing.

>> No.7502173

That feel when +30y old tranny gets more positive comments/praises that you.

>> No.7502880

>adding to the /fit/ talk.

For the past two weeks, I diligently was eating 1300 calories a day, and today I bumped it up to 1500. I was feeling horrible; always hungry, really pale, and I had no energy. (My BMR is around 1450, and I thought I was supposed to lower it to lose weight, not to NEVER go below it because that's what my body needs for basic survival.) All of my friends thought I was getting sick or something. I feel so much better now, but I'm partially worried that I'm going to gain weight. I have a bad fear of gaining weight, I got home today and started to cry because I was so scared. I'm hoping that by eating clean 6/7 days of the week, and doing cardio and lifting every day, I won't. Crossing my fingers. Ahh.

To make this more /cgl/, I'm sort of bummed out with cosplay and lolita. I don't have a con to go to until November, and I don't have sufficient funds to buy more brand. I'm usually really involved in one or the other, so not being involved in either one.. I have no idea what to do with my free "me" time! I have work, school, and I'm fairly socially active. But it sorta sucks having nothing to do when I'm by myself besides working out or surfing the internet!

Guess I'll work on my sewing skills to pass the time.

>> No.7503169

>>7499501
man, I wanted to, but I froze up. She kept coming up to me today and I kept walking away. "What's your fucking problem?" I just told her not to talk to me anymore.
The worst part is is that she's in her mid-twenties, has a child, and is pregnant with another. Hope this kid doesn't have any kind of disability.

>>7500394
>>7500400
I've been tested for it twice though. No Asperger's, just other random disorders. I kind of wish I had it just so people would leave me alone. People in this area leave disabled people alone once they find out what their deal is.

>> No.7503255

>>7500473
It's illegal to keep money from your spouse, at least in America. Married means you share finances. There are also lawyers out there who will work for her pro bono until she has the money to pay, try looking for newer or more liberal lawyers.
You and your siblings might live poor for a while, but she should get a lot of money out of him after the divorce. She'll be a better person and mother once she gets out of there.

>> No.7503259
File: 31 KB, 960x634, 1385800444198.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7500702
iktf

>> No.7503260

>>7500797
>binge-eating
>irritability
>lying
>no job
>unattainable goal

does she have some kind of mental illness?

>> No.7503472
File: 61 KB, 640x426, 1397809311162.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Jessica Nigger cosplays from a game that hasn't been released yet that I've been playing for a year plus in closed beta.
>Been working 6 months on a cosplay from the game after capping 3 toons to max and dedicating a lot of time to helping QA all dem bugs.
>When finally debut WIPs of the costume, friends ask if I'm a fan of nigger and if I am cosplaying from the game because of her cosplay.
>Have a personal vendetta against nigger because I knew her before pikachu and she's a bitch.
>ALL OF MY MAD.
>Pic is very much so related.

I know in the grand scheme of things it is nothing to get worked up over.. I guess I just feel like she violates any fandom she touches, and I really don't want to be grouped with that.

>> No.7503486

>>7500797
Fuck that bitch. I have a fat ass step sister exactly like her. Total fat bitch that wonders why she can't lose weight when she eats EVERYONE elses food. Constantly arguing with everyone (I have 4 sisters and a brother). Never does chores, eats eats eats, stomps around the house like some kind of angry hippo. And fuck if my step mom didn't defend her every fucking time she did something wrong

>> No.7503497

>>7503472
What makes it worse is blue isn't even a haircolor offered for draken females. There's black, purple, green, blonde, white, and red. No blue.

Sage because I am butt devastated over this and it's embarrassing.

>> No.7504098

>>7500797
Similar sister feels, girl

>Be a preteen
>First period
>Sister decided to humiliate me in front of family and stranger by telling everyone I have my period
>Continues to mock me
>Every time I would go to change my sanitary napkin she would announce it and start laughing

From that I had serious issues with my period. I would feel ashamed and embarrassed every time, it was fucked up.

>Be 14 years old
>Sister runs away from home, but hangs out with our mother from time-to-time
>During her birthday we hang out together with our mom and I decide to treat my sister to a movie and dinner
>She acts all happy and excited
>She excuses herself and leaves to go to the bathroom
>25 minutes later my mother tells me to go find her because we have to leave
>Catch my sister talking on the phone to her abusive trailer park-esque boyfriend saying how annoying it is to be with us and how she wishes she were back there

She's 25 now and she's become very timid after the abuse of her boyfriend and drugs. She has some crazy anger issues now, though. That girl is fucked up.

>> No.7505101
File: 363 KB, 378x625, 1385261365976.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7501855
What was his reaction when you dumped him?
>please say he cried