[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 449 KB, 900x1367, tumblr_n8jlfzSAFt1sdoa1co2_1280.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
7680743 No.7680743[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

I didn't see one, so nitpick thread.

Here's proof that you can have a lot of pretty brand pieces and still not pull it together.
If she wasn't going to play up the outfit with black and gold, she could have used more components with other colors in the print. That is far too much white for that outfit.The tights print is also a weird combo with the dress.

Oddly enough, I looked at her other outfits and they're all much nicer than this one.

>> No.7680756

gold
ivory
white
bordeaux
blue
pirate tights?

hell no

>> No.7680767
File: 452 KB, 720x1280, 12009_original.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Another JetJ nitpick:
Something feels really off about her cardigan, and I think it's the texture/material. I really like her shoes, but I'm not sure how I feel about them with those tights/this dress.

>> No.7680809

>>7680767
I kind of like this if I'm correct in her concept- it looks like it's kind of based on natural kei, playing off still life fruit. But I think the feel of the dress is too classic/ elegant and structured (though debatable about how elegant JetJ painting prints are) for the sweater. I think a better fitting cardigan with some good, thick lace would have looked better.

>> No.7683029

>>7680767
There's something off about the hair accessory.

>> No.7683287

>>7680767
I absolutely fucking adore her outfit. Those earrings are pretty adorable, too.

>>7680743
I think her outfit is nice, obviously aiming for somewhat OTT classic, and she hit the nail on the head.

But you guys are jellyfats and/or uglyfaced, gotta find something about the cute lolita girls to tear apart. I understand.

>> No.7683298

>>7680743
Using that much white in her outfit would have been fine if she switched out those tights for something that matched the bolero.

>> No.7683300
File: 105 KB, 720x960, 10351306_10152549077710798_6688933902530605917_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Is this supposed to be her cheap-ass version of DDC?

>> No.7683308

>>7683300
That's a great coord considering it's offbrand. I don't like the wig, but I think sweet wigs are all ugly.

>> No.7683312

>>7680767
I think this is cute. Only thing I'd change is the sweater. And I love the earrings.

>> No.7683324

>>7683287
This thread is for outfit criticism, and her outfit needs some. It doesn't mean that she's ugly or hopeless or anything it just means that she could stand to improve.

It's her tights that need work here, and I don't like the shoes but it could just be how they clash with the tights and the awkward foot pose.

>> No.7683328

>>7683300
Needs to trim the wig bangs.
Also I'd go for a pink or white purse, as the purple doesn't match.
Otherwise pretty cute though.

>> No.7683334
File: 63 KB, 640x960, 10414479_1514957175392866_8657096662728154871_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Selfposting for concrit.

I know I'm fat. I'm working on it.

The pose looks really awkward in this photo, but it's the only one he snapped where I'm not making a weird face.

>> No.7683336

>>7683300
This would be cute with better execution, but it's pretty funny as is.

>> No.7683339

>>7683334
It's not bad, but it doesn't really read as lolita to me.

>> No.7683348

>>7683300
I actually think this is really cute
besides that cheap layer of chiffon

>> No.7683354

>>7683334
I think there's a little too much going on here. The vest is a bit busy for the skirt and vice versa, plus none of your colours really go, e.g., you've got what appears to be a white blouse with an ivory skirt. I wouldn't say the skirt itself is particularly lolita, either, and the tights look a bit odd with it, I would have gone with a plainer pair. I also think the shoes are a bit... matronly? And that haircut doesn't look to be particularly flattering. It might look better with regular clothes, but I think a wig would go better for lolita.

>> No.7683381

>>7683354

That was my thinking. I feel like if I'd had an ivory blouse instead of the cream one, and a larger gold brooch at my neck, it might have looked a little better? I was planning to wear a gold pin, but the backing broke day of and the little cameo was the only thing I could find. So disappoint. Also, what if heeled oxfords instead of t-straps?

You're right, I hate how my hair looks here. I have naturally curly hair, and even though I spent an hour trying to get it into a straight bob, as soon as I went out into the heat it just completely gave up the ghost. Next time I'll just use a wig for occasions like this.

>> No.7683410

>>7683324
Have you ever considered that they like the way they look, and all of you just sound like whiny bitches who have too much time on their hands?

>> No.7683477

>>7683410

Actually, these threads are super helpful. No one in your comm is going to tell you that your pinks don't match, at least not to your face, and sometimes even if you like the way the outfit turned out overall it's nice to get advice for improvement. Never just assume you're perfect, that is the path of the ita.

>> No.7683489

>>7683477
There's a big difference between calling out an ita and just having an opinion that differs from the wearer of said outfit. Which is what nitpick threads are. You're picking at someone's outfit not because it's ita or bad, but because you personally don't like it.

Do you get how fucking stupid that is? I guess not.

>> No.7683492

>>7683489
So, which one of the people posted were you?

>> No.7683975
File: 55 KB, 317x600, ddc.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7683489
Personally, I think these are some of the best lolita threads on /cgl/ when they're civil.

No one's attacked most the time and it's more about discussing how to push an outfit further and step up your game so to speak.

A lot of first attempts at looks get posted and critiqued and that can help either that lolita or another improve or try something new with their style.

>>7683300
Personally I think this girl's got a really cute idea that could be executed better. The first issue is the big floppy bow. it's bulky and detracts from the dainty flowy feel that the chiffon overlay might be able to give it. Mirroring AP's design would work better, doesn't have to be the same. I would go for bows with gold star buttons on the middle to carry the star theme up.
Also the over lay should be either meeting the top of the boarder print or the hem of the dress in my opinion.

I'd love to see someone take this bodyline dress to full DDC mode. I love seeing fun Bodyline mods.

>> No.7684305

>>7680767
I really hate those shoes. Other than that, I like how it's so casual but not too casual.

>> No.7684444

>>7683287
How did she nail it? You didn't elaborate on this or really defend anything. This is pretty lazy for an OTT coord. Just slap on a rose headdress, the most overused of all motifs, and that's it? Nevermind the hodgpodge of themes and clashing colors.

It's almost as if you decided to act angry and weakly defend in hopes that people would be even more critical.

>> No.7684593

>>7683300
It's a bodyline dress from way back when Sugary Carnival was first released.

>> No.7684652

>>7683334
Personally, I don't think your skirt looks very lolita. You should really invest on an actual lolita skirt. But, if you really want to go with this one, add some lace to the hem, or wear an underskirt. Athough the pattern is very cute, the skirt is too simple for lolita and it contrasts with all the ruffles on your blouse. Balancing isn't just about colors, you know. That's the main problem I see here. My other nitpicks would be: ivory+white. Generally a no no (that goes for beige+white, beige+ivory as well). Also, styling your hair properly would make this so much better.
I disagree with the anon who disliked your shoes. I'd wear them.
Well, it's very brave of you to ask cgl for concrit. I hope next time we see you we don't have anything to nitpick about. Gl!

>> No.7684666

>>7684652
Oh, and, yeah: your vest is cute but I'm assuming it's black, not blue. Blue has absolutely no place in this coord.

>> No.7685443

>>7684593
try again. SC was out for over 2 years when this one came out.

>> No.7685526

>>7683287
>I think her outfit is nice, obviously aiming for somewhat OTT classic, and she hit the nail on the head.

Just because your standards for a goof outfit is low, doesn't mean the rest of us have to conform to you

>> No.7685645

>>7683489

Just think of it as a containment thread; it's better to have noobs come in here and voice their self-important opinions rather than posting coords they merely aren't a fan of in the ita thread, or sperging out in the drawthread. Hopefully by debating nitpicks in here they also learn what annoys other people as well and learn to dress themselves better.

>>7683975

A couple of years ago I'd agree that cgl was actually helpful. This year, though -- last month we had multiple accessories thread where lolitas legit did not know how to find accessories for their lolita dresses. There were girls in the "feels" thread who said they had over ten main pieces and no blouses to wear them with. One girl repeatedly asked in lolita general how to reserve a dress from btssb, another decided that asking cgl something about Tenso should be the first step rather than checking Tenso's English website for info, and we had a couple of dress cleaning questions where apparently it doesn't occur to the dress owners to check the care labels. You just have to wonder exactly how valuable the kind of advice this pool of noobs can give.

I also wish we could educate the noobies that their personal opinions don't matter as much as they think it does. The nitpick thread makes it look okay for girls to voice opinions about other people's dress style, in fact, this is a very rude thing to do. /cgl/ has always been where lolitas can let their bitchy side hang out and be complete bitches, the nitpick thread should make it clear that nitpicking another person's outfit is a bitchy, guilty pleasure. If the outfit in question is not complete ita, don't offer your opinion on how it can be better.

sage for nitpicking the nitpick thread.

>> No.7686031

>>7684652

Thank you! The skirt was bought from storenvy, and I really wasn't quite happy with it when it arrived. I've been holding off on taking it apart and remaking it though, until I decide what to do with the hem. Would a black venise lace look alright, like 2 in with a floral motif?

Thank you for the compliment on the vest, it is black, I made it myself. For some reason the lights for the fashion show were all blue. feelsbadman.jpg

I do have a pretty decent wardrobe, mostly IW, but my coords are always just...simple. This was my first real crack at trying to go a little fancier, but I don't feel like I quite hit the mark.

>> No.7686111

>>7685645
Eh, I can understand asking questions about reservations. I was really nervous about reserving with Baby the first time I did because I had heard so many horror stories about them blacklisting people.

Also, nitpicking isn't bitchy. There are frequently little things wrong with an outfit that don't warrant "ITAAA!" but could really be improved. It's a concrit thread, and concrit isn't rude, it's fucking productive.

>> No.7686246

>>7685645
You must be extremely butthurt about something. Were you posted in one of these? Maybe one of your rori girlfriends?

>I also wish we could educate the noobies that their personal opinions don't matter as much as they think it does.

Ok, your opinion doesn't matter. Ta-da!

>The nitpick thread makes it look okay for girls to voice opinions about other people's dress style, in fact, this is a very rude thing to do.

Do you even /cgl/?

Anyway, you must be really stupid to think it's about nitpicking someone's STYLE. No, it's about "Here's a coord that would be good if they didn't make mistakes like this or this." In fact, it would be rude to post coords that need critiques but aren't completely awful in ita threads. It's funny you're worried about people's feels in a nitpick thread where the people getting mostly polite critiques should probably know better than to make the mistakes they're making in most cases but you're apparently OK with ita threads were young, inexperienced people just learning the fashion get ripped apart and are posted just to be made fun of.

> the nitpick thread should make it clear that nitpicking another person's outfit is a bitchy, guilty pleasure. If the outfit in question is not complete ita, don't offer your opinion on how it can be better.

Mediocrity shall reign supreme guys! I bet you also think everyone should get a little "you tried" trophy at little league games.

>> No.7686255

>>7685645
>If the outfit in question is not complete ita, don't offer your opinion on how it can be better.
>If the outfit in question is not complete ita, don't offer your opinion on how it can be better.

>> No.7686272
File: 61 KB, 496x960, 10351679_309965259172615_1404976710977340788_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Saw this in an ita and again, don't think it belonged there but there are a couple things that could be improved upon. Leg wear for starters? Don't know if I like the bare leg look with this since it seems she was trying to go OTT sweet.

>> No.7686275

>>7686272
*an ita thread

>> No.7686283

>>7686111

She literally just asked "How do I reserve a dress with btssb/Baby?". You might be able to find the thread in the archive if you search those exact words (except for the btssb/Baby, I don't remember which abbreviation she used). The first one was a very short post. The second one at least asked "Do I just put it in the shopping cart?", and then further along, "Do I just email them if they say to email them?". Basic handholding questions.

To clarify, I don't have issues with noobs asking questions. It keeps the lolita general thread alive at least. I have issues with girls thinking this thread is something productive. You have no idea if the girls posting in this thread are those same noobs asking very basic questions. I mention noobs to point out that half the board are completely new to the fashion, and have no business giving any kind of advice if they require handholding through something as simple as making reservations with Baby.

Someone just needs to say this: this thread isn't useful, it's only full of opinions. Some of those might come from someone with a good eye for fashion, which is useful. Some others will come from complete noobs who post something so that they can join in and be part of cgl, then turn around and go post a noob question in lolita general.

>nitpicking isn't bitchy

If you walked up to a complete stranger on the street, and without so much as a howdy-do, started listing out all of the things you did not like about their outfit, you can expect black stares, a shouting match, maybe get slapped.

It is only okay in cgl because it's anonymous, so you can be a full out bitch or a shitposting troll, and no one can link your bitchy shitty posts back to your online accounts. Make no mistake, both this and the ita thread are lolitas being bitches.

>> No.7686309

>>7686272
I think the stuff on her head is more awkward than anything else. It just seems like she literally put wahtever she can find ontop instead of at least making it look intentionally. I understand the no leg wear idea if it is hot, but sweet looks okay with ankle socks so that is something she could have done.

Bag doesnt match with anything else besides the awkward bow, she needs to tie in that blue or ditch it.

>> No.7686313

>>7686246
>>7686255

You're trying too hard. I'm in the nitpick thread because I join in and nitpick on others.

I just have an issue with the new lolitas thinking this is normal and productive behaviour for a lolita.

Both the ita thread and the nitpick threads are lolitas being bitches, myself included. All new lolitas should take note. Do not nitpick other people's coords outside of cgl, especially if someone can trace your posts back to you.

>> No.7686315

>>7686272

It looks like her main problem is her accessories don't match the dress, especially with that peignoir. She's got all pastels, when the only pastels on the dress are accents. If she ditched the peignoir, the pink bow and stars, and had some little blue ruffly ankle socks it'd probably look way better.

>> No.7686338

>>7686272
The bag looks like a little kids lunch pail for school and doesn't go with anything.
The weird see through coat is wierd as well.
Leg wear is needed, even if it's simple.
The head piece looks weird and overdone.

Think it's just trying to be a bit too much of a special snowflake, just needs to be simpler or better matching if complex.

>> No.7686340

>>7686313
>I just have an issue with the new lolitas thinking this is normal and productive behaviour for a lolita.

That's not how you made it out you basic backtracking bitch.

>> No.7686350

>>7686283
>If you walked up to a complete stranger on the street, and without so much as a howdy-do, started listing out all of the things you did not like about their outfit, you can expect black stares, a shouting match, maybe get slapped.

Yeah and if you walked up to a girl on the street and ask if she also got cramps from cold foods during her period, she'd think you were insane and rude. But girls have had this discussion on... the Internet!

Guess what? This isn't the streets! It's the fucking internet where people have discussions that they wouldn't have from some stranger.

>> No.7686370

>>7686283
You should get off /cgl/. According to you, half (if not more) of this board isn't useful or good. Why are you even posting here?
Hide the thread and gtfo.

>> No.7686379
File: 35 KB, 552x464, this-bitch.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I love this bitch completely ignoring the person who ASKED the thread for crit and is fucking grateful for it, too

>> No.7686405

>>7686340

I wrote the first comment fresh out of reading some noob sperg out in the draw thread, apologies if it got your jimmies rustled.

I'll admit mine was rustled because the drawthread is now a magnet for random lolitas to nitpick.

>>7686350

Yes, and I'm pointing out, do this on cgl, but let it be on cgl.

While also pointing out, it's not an activity you brag about to your friends, unless you want a reputation for being a bitch.

>>7686370

ok

>>7686379

1 out of 5

>> No.7686477
File: 360 KB, 675x600, 1389954219564.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7686405
Whoever said this was something they brag about to their friends?
Seriously, stop shitting up the thread. You're not contributing at all, and you're a fucking idiot.

I love this skirt, but I don't like how white her tights/shoes are. The whole top is cream, and then the entire bottom of the outfit is a stark white.

>> No.7686617 [DELETED] 

>>7686477

These two seem entirely too proud of their nitpick thread

>>7683477
>>7683975

I'm not seeing an incentive to stop posting if it gets your precious thread derailed.

>> No.7686775
File: 249 KB, 720x1080, tumblr_n7kh2aELdw1r5rdqjo1_1280.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

The balance here is way off. The huge wig, coupled with the big coat, makes her look like a pink traffic cone. She should ditch the coat, and swap out the twintails or whatever that is for a more natural hairstyle.

>> No.7686784

>>7680743
>ITT:
>Self important cunts giving their ~superior~ opinions

>> No.7686785

>>7686775
The warm pinks paired with cool pinks are killing my eyes.

>> No.7686803

>>7686785
Agreed. I love that jacket or whatever she has on, though, anyone know where it's from?

>> No.7686804
File: 206 KB, 433x640, tumblr_n7ukfw6wHN1tv743ao1_500.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

The rose hair accessories are kind of out of nowhere. They don't match the minty teal in the dress, and there's no florals anywhere else in the coord, so...wherefore turquoise roses?

>> No.7686883

>>7686785
Agreed. I keep seeing this on my tumblr dash and all I can think is why does it have so many notes it's so mismatched

>> No.7686990

>>7686784
gr8 b8 m8

>> No.7687040

>>7686272
I was gonna comment on this when I realize I know this girl. She use to be my friend but blocked me everywhere like a bitch. At least I know her coords haven't gotten any better. Her family is rich AF and she has a bunch of lolita and money to spend on it but she can't be bothered to get any proper lolita shoes. Those are legit her only pair. Fuck you mckenzie that's my wig

>> No.7687049

>>7687040
Ahaha please moar, this sounds gold!
Why did she block you everywhere?
Also, I think her coord is straight up ita. A peignor with Fruits Parlor, wtf was she thinking? I hate uncreative and unstylish lolitas who can't figure out all trends don't fit all coords.

>> No.7687054

>>7687040
you sound bitter af

>> No.7687055

>>7687049
I seriously DO NOT know. We were close (I thought we were). Both of us were kind of our only real friends irl that were into lolita/cosplay and we bonded well. We didn't talk everyday but maybe a few times a week, you know pretty standard. Maybe a week or two after I hung out with her at a meetup (where everything was great, she seemed happy to see me and hang out with me) I went to message her on facebook and I couldn't find her. I went to her profile and I was blocked. I tried texting, tumblr messaging, everything but not a response. This happened in like March. I'm bitter because she didn't have the guts to say anything.

>> No.7687060

>>7687055

That is weird as hell. Do you have any mutual friends who could give you the deets?

>> No.7687064

>>7687060
not really. There's only one girl that we're mutual friends with but neither of us are close enough to her for her to know the deets.

>> No.7687068

>>7686477
Wow I really love the top half of this. The leggings and shoes really need work but the rest looks great. Stark white looks awful paired with the soft off-white in the rest of the coord, and shoes are too sweet. Also she looks like a man in the second picture. But otherwise I really like this.

>> No.7687078

>>7686804
This is one of my biggest pet peeves: mismatched themes. I can't count the amount of time's I've seen people wear sweets/food themed dresses with those fucking dangling star clips. Just why?

>> No.7687090

>>7687078
>Just why?
Someone explained(or atleast brought it to light) in a thread a few months back. It has something to do with people thinking that 'natural or plain' things are neutral when no, they're not.

>> No.7687095

>>7687060
Sounds like she figured out Anon is the type of angry person to randomly hang out her dirty laundry unsolicited. If her response to a blocked friend is to call her a rich, spoiled bitch who can't coord, imagine the kind of drama she makes day-to-day
Anon, kinder people would first wonder what you accidentally did to offend this girl or try and see if there was some sort of mistake. You too quickly turned your back on her. I wouldn't trust you either.

>> No.7687104

>>7687095
Oh wow, drama? On /my/ cgl? In /my/ nitpick thread? That simply will not do!

>> No.7687106
File: 72 KB, 477x331, 1382398766398.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7687095

>> No.7687129

>>7687095
Anon said all that happened in March, and she said she's tried contacting her through various means.

Waiting 4 months to bitch about her is pretty loyal, IMO.

>> No.7687152

>>7687095
Anon also implied that she stole the wig she's wearing in the pic, or kept it and didn't return it (same thing since she can't get in contact with the girl).

>> No.7687980

So close. They're all just ALMOST there.

Shoes, lack of socks, hair... everyone just has something the tiniest bit off and it bugs the hell outta me.

>> No.7687982
File: 466 KB, 2048x1366, 10504804_10204210583249945_483254428616519853_o.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7687980
Dropped my pic goddammit

>> No.7688022

>>7687982
It's not that bad. Chick on the left needs better shoes and to get rid of dem tights. Chick in the middle needs to fix her petticoat, it's showing pretty bad. Otherwise... looks fine?

>> No.7688030

>>7687982
The two blonde girls are pretty good... but yeah, everyone else is just almost there but not quite. Also, this is an almost cartoonishly racially diverse group, lol.

>> No.7688031

>>7687982
Everyone looks hideous and so old...

>> No.7688042

>>7687982
Hijab girl is also pretty good
I know someone is going to bitch about that but I don't normally like hijabs, she's pretty coordinated
One nice thing about being in a small lolita group, is seeing your group grow together <3

>> No.7688044

>>7687982
the hijab loli is cute, needs to get different shoes though. Light colored mary janes would look great!

>> No.7688047

>>7688030
That's SoCal for you, they're pretty mixed.

Gonna disagree and say that Lor (blonde in the pigtails) and the hijab lolita are the only ones who nail it. The other blonde's outfit confuses me, wtf is with the moon bag and daisies and blue Misty Sky???

>> No.7688054

>>7688042
half of the people who complain about hijabis wearing lolita tend to be unpleasantly racist and somehow extremely weebish at the same time.
I don't care if she's wearing a headscarf, as long as her coords are good and she knows what her style is, it's all good.

Besides, less hair hassle.

>> No.7688060

>>7688031
I think a lot of them could be improved by better makeup too. Lor kinda piling it on in this pic, though. They're all over 20 and the only one who has a somewhat unfortunate face is the one on the right.

It's a nitpick thread, contribute or gtfo, no room for your sandy blanket statements here.

>> No.7688157
File: 85 KB, 600x398, 10114_600.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Since the lolita general has turned into Linguistics 101 and I know this topic has been mentioned in previous threads I'll ask here.

If there was another fb group that did constructive coord crit, similar to the nitpick threads, what do you think a poster should mention.
I'd like:
-Budget (bodyline, taobao, brand)
-Style their going for (classic, gothic, sweet, babby's first outfit, OTT etc)
-Area that they'd like the most tips on

>> No.7688226

>>7687040
I only met her a couple times, but even if her family is rich, she definitely doesn't have "a bunch" of lolita or a lot of money to spend on it. Her parents seem really strict and overprotective (isn't she only like 18?) so I doubt they'd just give it to her to spend on whatever she wanted. Her wardrobe seems pretty sparse to me, hence the single pair of shoes (she uses that bag a fuckton too). I don't know her very well though.

>> No.7688599
File: 137 KB, 640x640, 10535024_1476546182589564_1633930841_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Just saw this on Instagram.

>cream beret when white lace and socks
>what the heck is that haircolor
>brown bag out of nowhere
>non-lolita/sport ankle socks
>blue shoes which match anything but the outfit

But that's okay, she's the french kawaii ambassador after all.

>> No.7688603

>>7688157
The problem I usually have with concrit from strangers is that they don't know what I already have, so it's harder for them to make useful suggestion. My lolita friends give amazing concrit because it's all "you use should use those black shoes with the higher heel, and switch from the cutsew to that the chiffon blouse you bought last month, etc".

So, a link to an online wardrobe reference would be amazing for doing concrit, but that might be a bit much to expect from most posters.

>> No.7688618

>>7688603
Well if someone says, you should use different shoes, you can reply with I have these black shoes would they work? No one is going to look at all the stuff you own, but if you want more specific advice have a conversation about it.

>> No.7689172

>>7685443
Yeah, it was a Bodyline replica way back of SC, not DDC.

>> No.7689177

>>7688599
I feel like this more Otome, versus being lolita.

>> No.7689178

>>7689172
I realise now the wording was strange.

>> No.7689327
File: 267 KB, 539x600, changes.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7683334

I put together a small collage of changes I'm going to make. Namely, a darker ivory/beige blouse, a black lace trim on the skirt, and finally just getting a damn wig. thoughts?

>> No.7689455

>>7688599
>>7688599
seconding this. it seems to be more on the otome side

>> No.7689457

>>7687982
I really like that mint/brown coord, the blonde wig works well with it and the bear bag(?) is cute. the girl's coord to her left is also nice, albeit simple.

>> No.7689461

>>7689455
meant this post >>7689177 I'm kinda slow today...

>> No.7689583

>>7689327
Just giive up on the skirt. It's not lolita. It's not the right shape or big enough to make enough poof for the correct silhouette.

Also the bob hairstyle screams middle aged office lady, and it's not very flattering on you, at least judging from the image you posted. I'd also invest in an accessory for your head.

Honestly I would start from scratch if I were you.

>> No.7689603

>>7688226
She has a lot of random brand. Every lolita piece she owns is brand. Her wardrobe is lacking a lot. Lots of essentials. It's like she's never heard of getting basics but instead gets brand socks instead of another bag or shoes. She's been in lolita for over 4 years and only has 1 pair of shoes. Like seriously

>> No.7689614
File: 36 KB, 500x750, 60795_10151341973250948_960813128_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7689583

I'm wearing a hair accessory. It's on the other side of my head.

This is what my hair normally looks like.

>> No.7689681

>>7688599
I think this is cute.

>> No.7689780
File: 126 KB, 960x735, 10262186_326444454185887_9119438256883689343_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

My first thought when I saw this was "Bitch plz, coordinate your robot with your dress better." Especially since last I saw of that robot there was a white one. There could've been some red in her outfit if they had to use the red one though.

>> No.7689839

>>7688599
WHAT HAS SHE DONE TO HER PERFECT BLONDE HAIR

>> No.7689845

>>7688599
Wait how is there a french kawaii ambassador? I thought kawaii ambassadors was japan's thing.

>> No.7689850

>>7689603
I've been in lolita for 4 years and I only have like 4 pairs of shoes that are loli.

I just don't really like shoes... But I agree, 1 pair isn't enough. Especially that ugly pair.

>> No.7689853

>>7689839
That was my exact thought. Shit, my crush on her has just flown out the window.

>> No.7689858

>>7689845
also she ain't kawaii at all

>> No.7689886

>>7689845
I think they meant the French lolita ambassador for Misako's International Lolitas thing.

>> No.7689890

>>7689845

Misako names Kawaii Ambassadors all over the place. Canada has three.

>> No.7689905
File: 69 KB, 640x640, 10277581_727225070631031_6280043603479234617_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Has anyone else noticed that when she smiles the edges of her mouth curls oddly??

>> No.7689918

>>7689905
either her cheeks are real saggy or those are dimples

>> No.7689921
File: 306 KB, 400x299, 1359046940798.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7689845
How... new are you?

I wish new people would lurk a while before asking these questions.

>> No.7690082

>>7689327
Like >>7689583 said, I'd just get a new skirt altogether.

>> No.7690087

>>7686111
>concrit isn't rude, it's fucking productive.
I'd say it's pretty rude considering none of the people posted here asked for it (except the one above who self-posted for concrit).

>> No.7690101

>>7686804
What kind of hair accessories would you recommend for this coord to make it better? Just a regular headbow that matches an accent color on the dress?

>> No.7690117

>>7690082

The skirt was 30 bucks, I lose nothing from taking it apart and remaking it. It's not like I don't have other skirts. Besides, I fucking love flocked fabric and it's hard as hell to find, so I'm kind of determined now, you know? The skirt is actually pretty full, fuller than some of my brand, I'm just fat and need a new petti. I figured the more subtle petti would work for a more mature look, but it sounds like I was wrong.

>> No.7690128

>>7690117
I like the skirt.

>> No.7690145

>>7690117
If you're going to be altering it, maybe a velvet ruffle along the bottom? Cotton velvet seems like it'd match the texture of the flocking. It needs more frills somehow.

>> No.7690271

>>7690145

That's actually pretty genius. It would have to be a very light cotton velveteen though, the fabric itself is like a very lightweight synthetic taffeta. A heavy ruffle would weigh it down.

>> No.7690543

>>7689905
Oh god she's terrifying.

>> No.7690560

>>7690087
Exactly. Concrit when not asked for is just rude, and not in anyway constructive.

You're never going to make someone say "Oh, I gotta try better next time so I don't get posted in cgl!", instead they'll just think "I might as well never post a picture in lolita again".

It's different to try to let an ita know that scratchy lace and no blouse probably isn't a good idea without them asking for it. They genuinely are embarrassing themselves and the lolita community as a whole.

But when someone is well dressed, for the most part? Keep your goddamn mouths shut.

>> No.7690567

>>7689905
Are you a retard? That's obviously photoshop

>> No.7690587

>>7690560
Whatever. I'd much prefer to run into someone critiquing my coords rather then the the "burn your brand you greasy man faced cunt". I don't think cc is rude as long as you phrase it the right way. Obviously if you act like a cunt about it and are not helpful in anyway, no one is going to want to hear it. Unfortunately a lot of anon seem to think insulting someone's looks and declaring some one has shit taste counts as CC.

I'd much rather receive un solicited cc then being put down without anyone offering advise to improve. You just don't have to be a cunt when giving advice, because if you are, no one will want to hear about it anyways.

Sorry if I repeated shit I'm drunk and its late here. Night seagulls.

>> No.7690592

>>7690560
As long as you post a picture online, people are going to have comments about it. Even if cgl pulls the plug on nitpick threads, you don't know when a random lolita's photos will be selected to put up on some fetish blog without their consent. Tell me which is worse. The moment you post a photo online you can't stop people from doing what they want with it. I've never posted photos of myself in lolita online because I don't want any of that, and I am very much happy this way.

I think originally nitpick threads were born because of

> co-ords that got kicked out of ita threads for not being ita enough
> people wanting a place to say "this is a nice outfit, but if only you change XYZ it would be so much better"

I agree that nitpick threads are getting out of hand but there's no stopping to cgl is there.

>> No.7690611

>>7690592
I'd far rather be on a fetish site than be nitpicked. At least fetishists are enjoying my outfit.

>> No.7690697

>>7690611
I guess that's a positive (but creepy) way to look at it

>> No.7690716

>>7690560
No one gives a fuck if it's rude except you. If you care about rude, you're not just on the wrong board- you're on the wrong website.

By your logic some of these girls embarrass themselves by making mistakes they should know to avoid.

>> No.7691056

>>7690611
>At least fetishists are enjoying my outfit.
Hah, or so you think. They just want a photo to fap to their fetish. They don't care if your pinks match or your petticoat is poofy enough.

>> No.7691323

>>7689839
Completely agree. Her hair was perfect. It looks like it was poorly done now.

>> No.7691372

>>7690716
Different anon, but most of the time it's not blatant mistakes. Just little things that can be improved upon later. And I guess in that respect I think it's fine to point them out as it can be helpful. But then there's times when it gets ridiculous.

Half the time, I wonder how many people posting pictures in this thread and nitpicking have perfect enormous wardrobes where all colors match and everything perfectly fits. I bet half the time, it's a bunch of Bodyline bandits up in here wishing they could even touch some burando.

>> No.7691477

>>7691056
>They don't care if your pinks match or your petticoat is poofy enough

I think that's the point...

(I'm a different anon btw)

>> No.7691515

>>7690716

The girls making embarassing mistakes they should know to avoid are in the ita thread, though.

This thread is basically anons complaining loudly about what they don't like about other lolitas' outfits.

>> No.7691522

I think the problem with so much nitpicking is that in most cases people know their co-ord isn't perfect. It's kind of pointless to discuss someone's outfit being a little bit off when half the time they're just working to get a cohesive wardrobe but still want to wear their nice things even though they might not all go together perfectly.

The girls who have huge wardrobes and still don't make perfect co-ords obviously don't care about conforming to the rules or matching their colours or whatever. So all in all, these threads are pretty pointless. I wouldn't want to be posted in one, but this is /cgl/ so you know.

>> No.7691593
File: 39 KB, 500x281, tumblr_lsrh4rMbAP1r0q6x8o1_500.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7691522
no one cares about your opinion

>> No.7691595

>>7691515
>This thread is basically anons complaining loudly about what they don't like about other lolitas' outfits.
Wow, this affects you in no way at all!

>> No.7691599
File: 332 KB, 1280x881, 1341467366148.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7691593
>>7691595

>> No.7691606

>>7691522
And a lot of girls actually appreciate nitpick threads because with a lot of these come questions on color theory and how the make a cohesive theme.

>but this is /cgl/ so you know.
Clearly you know so then get out if you're so offended.

>> No.7691619

Who is "a lot of girls"? You?

Most people already know how to match colours and it's pretty obvious when colours don't match, they just don't give a shit or don't have the proper colours. If you have that much trouble telling that two reds are different or that black shoes look bad with an all pink outfit, maybe this isn't the fashion for you.

I don't know which part of my post made me seem offended, since I'm not, but you seem really mad. I've come to these threads a few times because I like to see what people complain about, but there's really no arguing their pointlessness.

>> No.7691624

>>7691619
>>7691606

>> No.7691636

>>7691619
>2 sentence post
you're so mad lel!

>writes a whole paragraph
i'm totes not offended or mad!

>> No.7691647

>>7691372
I have a lot of burando, actually. I also know that unless I consider an coord really great that it shouldn't be posted on the Internet because it will be open to scrutiny.

>> No.7691777

>>7691593
>>7691595
>>7691636
Ok, just jumping in to say that you sound a lot more mad than the other anon.

Why is it okay to nitpick outfits, but not to nitpick nitpicks? I mean, it's the internet, are you really surprised that someone disagrees with you?

>> No.7691784

>>7691777
Oh and on top of that, saying "well if you don't like it then gtfo" is pretty childish. And when has saying that ever worked? Do you really expect people to keep their opinions to themselves because you don't happen to agree with them?

if you don't like their opinions then stfu omg lel !!!

>> No.7692117

>>7691784
Your trolling skills are impressive. No one is seriously this much if an autist.

>> No.7692377
File: 40 KB, 598x448, f-Stop-Posting--89607.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7692117
She's right though.

>> No.7694897

>>7690560
>You're never going to make someone say "Oh, I gotta try better next time so I don't get posted in cgl!", instead they'll just think "I might as well never post a picture in lolita again".

Every time I start planning a coord one of my primary focuses is to not be posted to /cgl/. The fear of ridicule is a powerful tool to force people to improve. Only a natural ita gets posted to an ita or nitpick thread and just brushes it off as "they're all just salty fuck them."

Accept the crit and learn from it.

>> No.7695035

>>7692377
>>7691777

So how many times have you been posted?

>> No.7695036

>>7694897

By that logic, anons in here need to take the constructive criticism that the nitpick thread is not at all useful and may be a little bit rude, or else they're natural itas.

Seriously speaking, though, I got as far as the confusion over Bodyline Carousel and then stopped taking this thread seriously. It doesn't even surprise me when someone asked about lolita ambassadors. It's hard to take these criticisms seriously when the girls giving them don't seem to have been in the fashion very long, or don't seem to pay as much attention to the fashion.

>> No.7695406

>>7694897
Except rarely do any of the girls posted get actual con crit in the ita threads.

>> No.7695501
File: 32 KB, 704x528, 1339925036370.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7695035
Only one of those was me but I've only been posted on /cgl/ in a good way as far as I know. Keep graspin', anon.

>> No.7695506

>>7691056
that's the point you dingus

>> No.7695666

>>7695036
If it's an obvious vendetta than you clearly don't need to consider it. People discussing how the colors don't match or whatever is beneficial because there are times when you just don't notice that something about your outfit is off until someone points it out.

Stop being so sensitive or don't post your pictures online.

>> No.7695690

>>7683410
aww, did someone post you?
go back to tumblr.

>> No.7695731

I don't want to derail the thread, but doesn't anybody else feel nervous now wearing Lolita? Nitpicking is just a step up from the Ita Thread, I'm honestly so worried about getting posted here now.

>> No.7695742

>>7686775
she's gorgeous and that dress is somehow really flattering on her imo (she looks like a doll)
but the colour scheme is killing it jesus
the accessories too

>> No.7695759

>>7686477
Yeah the white is really off.

>> No.7695793

>>7683287
You sound really defensive and upset.

The comments you responded to aren't even mean, they're like open faced compliment sandwiches.

It must be really difficult to function in the world if everyone who gives the slightest bit of concrit turns you into a slobbering ball of WOW YOU MUST BE UGLY, BITCH, CAUSE I'M FLAWLESS, BEYONCE TOLD ME SO

>> No.7695799

>>7695731
No, because I'm not a coward.

We've had nitpick threads for years. We've had ita threads for years. If you're feeling scared now, leave the fashion.

Worry about more important things than what some 4channers are saying about our weirdo Victorian ageplay fashion.

>> No.7695835
File: 995 KB, 500x375, 1402589438163.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Have we ever managed to have a nitpick thread that didn't deteriorate into madness?

>ACTUALLY, I think she looks perfect and tbh you're just jelly
>After reading this thread, I'm starting to think that I don't want to be a lolita, bc I'm scared you guys will post me
>This is both literally hitler and literally like posting people in the ita thread
>If you weren't a bunch of pussy-ass bullies, you'd say this to their face, not online motherfucker, see what happens
>No1curr about your opinions, ceeg
>Someone interprets "She's really cute, but I wish she'd stop wearing AP sneakers with her otome coords" with "God, this bitch is fat and ugly. Is there a reason she hasn't killed herself yet, 4chan verify for me."

>> No.7695952

>>7689839
I think it's cute

>> No.7696022

>>7688599
Sauce on this dress? It's adorable.

>> No.7696187

>>7695501
I bet you were posted in a fat lolita thread

>> No.7696593

>>7695666
>don't post your pictures online

You realise you're now making the argument >>7690560 was making, that the nitpick thread doesn't help lolitas improve, it only discourages them from posting online.

>> No.7696665

>>7696593
Some people being scared off doesn't mean that all lolitas don't get anything from these threads. Saying that people with paper skin and glass bones should fuck off the internet isn't saying that nitpick threads don't help other people improve.

All lolitas aren't some interconnected mass; Just because Jenny refuses to improve so stubbornly that she decides that she'll just not post herself online isn't to say that Maria isn't open to criticism.

>> No.7696686

>>7695666

I don't think their comment about newbies is referring to a vendetta, though. For instance, there's an anon on here that keeps going on and on about stars and flowers not matching, usually in the same breathe where she claims all themes in an outfit must match. I think she recently posted in one of the other threads that finding matching accessories is simple as keeping the themes and motifs straight.

I'm going to have to see her ideal outfit before I can take her advice, her attitude of putting motives and themes above matching colours and shapes sounds like either complete noob advice or troll to me. I don't know if she's just OCD or incredibly anal, matching themes isn't really mandatory so much as making sure the themes don't clash.

At the same time, there's nothing stopping her from posting her weird advice on here, and she has no obvious vendetta, just a weird obssession with making all the themes match. It's not that all nitpicks in here are dumb, but mixed in with the useful advice are some odd weird nitpicks, so I can see how some girls would consider this entire thread useless because it's difficult to tell apart one from the other.

>> No.7696703

>>7696686
Themes should match, what are you even on about? Mixing Chess Chocolate with a fucking moon bag doesn't make any sense and it looks bad. Not necessarily ita bad, but bad nonetheless.

If you don't agree with the advice being offered then shrug it off and move on. If some anon's opinion not matching is bad enough to scare you out of the public eye, then you didn't belong there in the first place.

>It's not that all nitpicks in here are dumb, but mixed in with the useful advice are some odd weird nitpicks, so I can see how some girls would consider this entire thread useless because it's difficult to tell apart one from the other.
If anon's talking about how an outfit has four different shades of brown then they might have a point, but if they're just ranting because they hate RHS then fucking ignore them. Use your common sense.

Has more than one person agreed with them? Is no one calling them out for being ridiculous? Do more than just your coord have similar complaints? If so they might be on to something.

Some lolitas get help from these threads. You don't even need to be posted to use nitpick threads to help yourself improve because there are times that you would never have considered something until you see it mentioned here and it actually makes sense. Lurking nitpick, ita, and just the general are great ways to help yourself improve. If you're not trying to improve then just ignore it.

Besides, even if no one were to get help from these threads they're still a place for seagulls to come and be bitchy without shitting up ita threads. If you can't handle people being bitches for the sake of bitchiness then you need to go back to Tumblr where you belong and soak up those asspats that you so clearly crave.

>> No.7696711

>>7696665
>people with paper skin and glass bones

You realise that, by that logic, you're now required to post yourself to prove you should be allowed on the internet, right?

>> No.7696717

>>7696711
>hurr durr I'm a fucking retard how do I logic
We're talking about /photos/ being nitpicked because someone found them and posted them here. How the fuck did you even come up with that idiot conclusion?

Bottom line: If you don't like the thread, hide it and move on. No one cares about your tears and nitpick threads aren't going anywhere.

>> No.7696725

>>7696703

If you mixed AP's royal chocolate bag with ETC's chocolate series dresses and btssb's chocolate socks, they won't match, because the pinks are different shades. If you have limited options, then matching the colours, the shape of the clothes (eg collars and necklines) and the style/design of the outfit should take priority over things like making sure everything in your outfit is chocolates. If you only have bows and flowers that match in terms of colours, shape and style, then those bows and flowers are a better choice over something that matches thematically.

As a matter of fact, when the view was first voiced, one or two anons disagreed, and outside of the nitpick thread, she still gets arguments. She just keeps persisting anyway, and it seems like she gets louder each time because no one in the nitpick threads disagrees with her for whatever reason.

I do agree that it's useful to keep the nitpicks out of the ita threads. But I don't see this thread as being useful, much.

>> No.7696726

>>7696717

If you don't like my post, then hide it and move on. It's not like I care about your butthurt either.

>> No.7696731

>>7696726
So wait, you're trying to respond in the same way, telling them to do the same thing even though you won't? What innovation!

>> No.7696732

>>7696731

It's their own advice. I don't see why they can't take it.

>> No.7696973

I love the wank this thread has become more than actual nitpicks.

>> No.7697356

>>7691593
and what makes you think anyone cares about yours? lel

>> No.7697420

>>7696973
> implying nitpick threads were ever anything but an excuse for drama

>> No.7697643
File: 112 KB, 467x750, tumblr_mrk25njHrA1qh4q4io3_500.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

can we please quit bitching and get back on topic? If you dont like it then get out of the thread jesus.

>looks like grandma's blouse
>mis-matched headbow. Not even the same colors. If you're not going to wear the bow that came with the dress at least do a color that matches like white or something
>Her boob to waist size is a huge difference and it gives her an odd shape. She could try wearing a corset or something to help even out the shape. idk.

She's really cute, but this coord dosen't do her OR the dress justice.

>> No.7697649
File: 103 KB, 534x800, tumblr_mo73hvjyvQ1rgtzt2o2_1280.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I love the jacket, but it changes the feel of the coord, and the shoes don't match that feel.
Oh. and those stupid fucking glasses man.

>> No.7697654

>>7697649
I feel liker her hair/wig was more layered/choppy it would suit the punky-ness that jacket brings in, without having to change the shoes.

>> No.7697655
File: 138 KB, 500x750, tumblr_my4kf8Ycc11rgtzt2o1_500.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

how the fuck did this get over 500 notes? It would look cute with different hair...maybe...

idk something about it just makes me cringe tbh

>> No.7697670
File: 301 KB, 956x1280, tumblr_n6u52b5XHe1rbz3m3o1_1280.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

could be ok for a casual coord i guess, but
>the shoes and socks are ugly.
>needs more accessories. maybe some bracelets or wristcuffs or something

>> No.7697675
File: 134 KB, 500x667, tumblr_mh1qshhizP1r2hr4uo1_500.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

loose the caplet, or get one in a color that matches better. mis-matched pinks are a huge pet-peeve of mine.

>> No.7697677

>>7697655
>>7697670
>>7697675
I smell jelly.

>> No.7697685
File: 127 KB, 500x750, tumblr_mtqqgrTTtW1rgtzt2o1_500.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

i think this is the same girl as >>7697655
I'm starting to think her face/makeup is what's throwing me off here.

Fully covered arms and legs, almost nothing on her head, it makes her coord look bottom heavy. It would look worlds better with at least a small bow or something to go with the ears would be adorable and even it out. Her head just looks so naked compared to the rest of her body

>> No.7697695

>>7697677
No I have Cat's Tea Party. I like going through the tag on tumblr to get inspo for future coords. I don't think any of these are particularly bad, just some things that can be improved on to make the coords better. if i was jelly then i'd post them to the ita thread. but i don't think any are that bad at all

>> No.7697701
File: 98 KB, 500x667, tumblr_mvq5z5huVc1qgjjjyo1_500.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

loose the grandma jacket. She could be so cute, as she is pretty all ready, but the coord looks sad and frumpy.
Again, could be a cute casual coord like >>7697670 with a few alterations.

>> No.7697703

>>7697685
Her outfit looks great and the ears looks cute, It's just her terrible bangs as they are far to short and her face looks like she's had her arse smacked, cheer up lass.

>> No.7697705

>>7697703
Agreed. One of the few prints that can get away with using cat ears.

>> No.7697710

>>7697701
Yes it's looks very frumpy, I agree loose the cardigan, change out that ridiculous crown for a more suiting head piece and style her hair. Seriously though, I need this dress in my life.

>> No.7697720

>>7697643
>>7697701
Plus >>7697685 >>7697655 girl

Makes me wonder if people buy the dress only and not the matching accessories. What else could explain why people don't wear the bow that matches with it, and go for some ugly mis-matched shit instead?
nothing against kitty ear girl though it acutally looks cute.

>> No.7697726

>>7697720
There wasn't a whole bunch of matching accessories, though.

>> No.7697733

>>7696022
http://lolibrary.org/apparel/whipped-gingham-op
looks like the red version of this to me

>> No.7697736

>>7697726
i think anon is refering to the bow. why wear a blue blow that wont match when you have the bow that goes to the dress (in reference to >>7697643 )

>> No.7697759

>>7697643
I guess she thought sax was close enough to the grey of the print? I just looks weird and out of place to me.

>> No.7697850

>>7697649
At least the glasses match

>> No.7697853

>>7697655
Because it's cute?
I like the hair with it tbh

>> No.7697873

>>7696703

>tfw paranoid because I once posted a coord with CC with a moon bag as a placeholder (said in the description.) because I didn't have a bag the right colour.

>> No.7697896
File: 132 KB, 640x854, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

This is my cats tea party coord a couple years ago. Its not a great coord.
>deflated petti (honestly its aline, i didnt have a bell)
>cardigan doesnt suit theme
>tried too hard to fit gold in
>need sock glue
>the shoes (brown tea parties) are not shown but definitely didnt go

>> No.7697904

>>7690560
>>7690087
Posting a picture online is always going to be subject to criticism and people will always find something wrong with it, whether or not you like it, because it's public domain.

Lolita nitpick threads originated because a lot of people were posting pictures of girls who are rather well dressed yet something was off about their outfits in ita threads, and people would always say "durr ur just jelly XDDD" or call vendetta.

Perhaps the way some people word their criticism isn't adequate, and it's borderline bashing, but in the case someone gets posted, it's best to take the criticism you think is useful and don't pay attention to the criticism that doesn't help you.

>> No.7697926

>>7697896
Well at least you know what was wrong w it. Your right the cardi style dosent go, but the colors match at least.

I'm glad all these CTP are being posted it helps me critique my own CTP coord

>> No.7697943

>>7697643

I actually like the blouse, the mauve looks nice with the grey. I just wish she had an accessory at her neck, it looks too plain.

Agreed on the bow though.

>> No.7698093
File: 384 KB, 960x1280, tumblr_n919q1kLj21rsp6czo2_1280.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7686272
http://miripurin.tumblr.com/post/92373535241/outfits-to-date-u-v-u-first-two-are-some-of-my
wow she just posted a whole gold mine of nit pick worthy coords

>> No.7698107

>>7698093
This could be way cuter without the long sleeves. It just looks weird with the knew socks and sandals. The hat needs to go too. It's like she dosent know weather she wants to dress for spring or winter

>> No.7698109

>>7697904

That's a very diffferent tune from the gospel these two want to preach:

>>7683477
>>7686111

Which is what started half the arguments in the thread in the first place.

At least you're willing to admit this thread is just lolitas doing the usual, bashing on other lolitas, instead of pretending to be some higher cause.

>> No.7698135

>>7698093
She really loves those ugly shoes

>> No.7698137

>>7689921
at least it's anonymous and they can ask here without being publicly shamed.

>> No.7698153

>>7697643
>>7697649
>>7697701
>>7697685
>>7698093
All really fucking cute coords. Hater's gonna hate, I guess.
Especially >>7697655

>> No.7698188

>>7697685
She looks like a woman who's crazy mother infantilizes her ny making her wear children's clothes, hence the face.

>> No.7698198

>>7697643
This just... doesn't look right.

>> No.7698210

>>7690567
She looks like in all her photos/videos. It's not photoshop, just her face.

>> No.7698217

>>7698153
Every time someone posts defending coords like these I wonder what their own look like.

>> No.7698222

>>7698217

Everytime someone nitpicks coords I wonder what their own look like.

>> No.7698258

>>7696686
That post was me and I have literally never posted about it before then. It's a pet peeve of a lot of people though, understandably so IMO obviously.

>> No.7698266

>>7698258
LITERALLY GUISE

>> No.7698271

>>7698153
It's the nitpick thread not the ita thread. I'd rather be posted here and told a few things are off on my coord then bashed on the ita thread. Get over it

>> No.7698274

>>7696686
Plenty of anons hate flowers being shoved into coords where they don't work, get over it.

>> No.7698285

>>7698274

How many is "plenty of anons", and what do their coords look like?

>> No.7698305

>>7698285
You'd probably wear a flower crown with Cosmic wouldn't you, faggot?

>> No.7698311

>>7698274
Seconded.

>> No.7698354

>>7698271
So would I. But I personally think these are really cute.

>> No.7698355
File: 77 KB, 960x949, 1457521_10202431100279894_752346375_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I understand the socks match the sweater and the color also matches the dress. But these don't look right together.

>> No.7698372

>>7698354
Posting something itt doesn't mean you think it's not cute. The outfit could be really cute with one small thing off or almost but not quite ita.

>> No.7698375

>>7698355
i think it's the shoes/bag, they should be a lighter color

>> No.7698415

>>7698355
The dress looks cheap to me, but that's just a personal opinion.

>> No.7698780

>>7698355
I feel like literally nothing matches. The gold star clip goes with nothing, the color of the dress and socks are different, and all of the browns are clearly mismatched. All of them.

I feel like this girl skates by a lot because she's Asian.

>> No.7698784

>>7698355
Is this a brolita?

also nothing matches

>> No.7698819

>>7698784
No , she just has a noble nose

>> No.7698853

>>7698093
That dress looks like it's in terrible condition and it really needs steaming

>> No.7698879

>>7698780
Pretty sure that last statement is true, she owns a lot of brand and does a lot of modeling but clearly can't put a coord together worth shit

>> No.7698882

>>7698853
I feel like if the dress was steamed, bows were straightened out, cupcake pocket thing flipped up, and shoes were ditched, this would be an alright outfit.

>> No.7698884

>>7698882
Aside from the shoes, I agree

>> No.7698901

>>7698879
She tries way too hard to be a big deal but she's just not that interesting or attractive and her style is all over the place. Her old co-ords seemed a lot nicer but maybe it's just because I wasn't a very good lolita yet.

>> No.7699282

>>7690611

Conformed for troll.

>> No.7699290

>>7697675
Her makeup is awful.

>> No.7699402

>>7697655
This would be really cute with a different dress. The headdress and RHS don't really fit with the dress IMO. It would be a really cute old school coord but the print just throws the whole thing off

>> No.7699415

>>7699282
Pretty funny because I wasn't trolling at all, I post here often and am active in my local comm.

>> No.7699515

>>7697655
I'm on my phone oh my god she looks like she us floating this is so cool

>> No.7699536

>>7699515
Hoverloli?

>> No.7699555

>>7697655
The only thing that bothers me is the petticoat because it seems to be too short for that dress.

>> No.7699557
File: 85 KB, 720x960, IMG_63093993468867.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

It's not awful but something seems off or I just don't like it.

>> No.7699589

>>7699557

looks a bit like sissy/ageplay tbh

>> No.7699607

>>7698285

Yup.

>> No.7699613

>>7699557
the torso is much too short. if there was more room from the bottom of her breasts to her waist it would look much better.

>> No.7699614

>>7699557
I saw this coord! Honestly, I personally love it.
My nitpick for it:

Swap out the patterned/lace tights for UTK or OTK white socks. It's a very old school coord with a super poofy petticoat and the tights with the ankle socks make her legs look very bare.

>> No.7699615

I think the low cut blouse looks really bad with this JSK. It'd look better with a high-collar or a peter pan collared blouse.

Also the flower crown and frumpy hairstyle are not doing her any good. I'd get rid of the flower crown and do something nicer with her hair.. preferably something where the hair isn't all pulled back? That just looks so lazy to me

>> No.7699619
File: 95 KB, 720x960, 10449946_10202697636137150_7299316689729531145_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7699615
dropped my pic

>> No.7699623

>>7699613
Agreed. Other then that its really cute IMO and I the pink

>> No.7699628

>>7699619
It looks pretty cute to me. Except the lack of shape. That kills it. I have a few dresses in this style you need to find a good petti that's not to big and not to flat, and be the perfect length.

>> No.7699654
File: 158 KB, 604x960, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

This was so cute until I scrolled down and saw the shoes. The shoes just kill it for me. Otherwise I love the coord!

>> No.7699655

>>7699654
Maybe this is just me but is she wearing like a cream/offwhite blouse underneath the white dress??

>> No.7699662

>>7699619
I agree about the blouse. Those socks also don't suit the feeling of the dress, imo.
This outfit actually kind of pains me, because this is one of my holy grail dresses.

>> No.7699665

>>7699654
I think this is beautiful, still I agree on the shoes. maybe she thought the color of her shoes and wig would match.

>> No.7700163

>>7697420
No way. Maybe I never stayed in a nitpick thread long enough to see it turn into a train wreck.

>> No.7700210

>>7689327
That head is creepy a lot.

>> No.7700447

>>7698093
oh mckenzie... I'm glad you were a bitch to me so I can now laugh at you and not feel bad

>> No.7700453

>>7699662
I couldn't really get a good look at her socks, which is why I didn't say anything about them. But from what I can see, those socks don't look great with the outfit.

I feel like more elegant shoes would suit that dress better, too

>> No.7700671
File: 179 KB, 706x1100, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

The tights don't look good with the coord, perhaps if her neck bow was a similar colour it would break it up a bit more, but as it is, it looks odd.
Also, those fingerless lace gloves look really tacky.
I like Xylia but her coords are feeling kind of same-y lately. Anyone else feel this?

>> No.7701212

>>7700671

Those tights are terrible with this dress.
Also, the handbag, the lace gloves and the shoes should be replaced.

>> No.7701213

>>7701212
I think the shoes match pretty well actually.

>> No.7701217

>>7700671
That bag needs to gtfo, it has no place in this coordinate. I'm also not feeling the roses in the hair, i feel like she really tried to bring flowers into a completely unrelated theme and it just doesn't work, one of my pet peeves right there.

>> No.7701224

>>7700671
hate the legwear and bag. maybe a solid colored bag would work better? like one of those satchel things, maybe? are those hot topic gloves

>> No.7701242

>>7698819
What.
Noble nose, explain this

>> No.7701531

>>7701217
She does that with nearly every coord. I can't recall a single coord where she doesn't have flowers in her hair, relating to theme or not, or a missive one used as a brooch.

>> No.7703249

>>7701242
my thoughts exactly...

>> No.7703254

>>7701242
>>7703249
It's the name of a nose shaper that gives you a slimmer, more "western" nose.

>> No.7703352

>>7700447
Is there more than one person who doesn't like her or are you just incessantly posting about your vendetta this past week?

>> No.7703579

>>7703352
I haven't posted any of her pictures but I have commented on them.
>>7700447
>>7687040
>>7687055
>>7687064
those are me

>> No.7704911 [DELETED] 
File: 1.16 MB, 720x1080, Photo on 2014-07-23 at 6.00 PM.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

More ita than anything

>> No.7704954

>>7689614
That cut and color makes you look much older than you should..
Just get a wig and accessories. I think you are cute and see potential but just look at your pics as if you would look at someone else on here and really ask if that's instyle.

>> No.7704965

>>7703254

Does it actually work?

>> No.7705002

>>7689327
Don't do any of those imo. That blouse is terrible and the lace is ugly. The wig is ok but if your hair looks like the other pic you posted I think it's fine as long as it's very sleek and straightened.
Anyway if you're really determined to fix the skirt, I would line the skirt underneath and add a row of ruffles to the lining in black fabric so it adds length and also makes it less boring. Unless you have an elastic waistband hiding under there, where you might be able to salvage some extra length and add a black flat waistband, then I think lace would be ok (just not the one you selected). Also it might just be your vest being ill fitted but since you're a little thicker I would make sure the petticoat is a little fluffier.
I think you have a lot of potential though! It's nice to see people who want to improve.

>> No.7705395
File: 131 KB, 948x746, 10338708_814955468547370_141134913780182504_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

The blouse looks really bad with this JSK, IMO. I think she should switch it out for something with a peter pan collar to give it that school girl kinda vibe.

Her wig is just heinous, it doesn't belong really with any lolita outfit, but especially not this one.

I'm not a fan of the shoes but they're okay, she definitely needs to get some sort of legwear going on though. Maybe lacy anklet socks if it's hot where she lives?

>> No.7705403

>>7705395
Just looked again and noticed that's not a wig and probably her real hair.

She should definitely get a wig, and I'm almost never one to recommend wigs...

>> No.7705693

>>7705002

The lace was just an example, I couldn't find any other pictures of black embroidered lace. For the wig, I do feel like it's time to invest in a couple for occasions like this where heat and humidity can ruin the style. I've got my eye on another one in my usual style, as well as the longer dark brown one.

The skirt is lined, that's a really good idea. Could I go with the black cotton velvet idea from the other anon, or would you suggest a lighter fabric?

I made the vest before I gained the weight, it fits better since that picture was taken.

>> No.7705735
File: 200 KB, 500x667, honey honey cake.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Why SO MUCH BLACK
>That hairstyle looks so unkempt
>face/pose looks derpy
>shoes are alright
>no wristwear
>minnie mouse ears

Why does no one coord HC in a good way?

>> No.7705770

>>7705735
Is that her computer?

>> No.7705789

>>7705770
Looks more like a tv

>> No.7705791

>>7705735
Lots of people coord honey cake well, there's just not a lot of variety you can do with it.
I think she had a good idea with the minnie mouse ears, but got stuck on black.. then again you can't really get minnie ears in brown or gold so idk.

>> No.7706124
File: 92 KB, 500x667, no.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.7706129

>>7706124
honestly this belongs in the ita thread

>> No.7706164

>>7706129
yeah couldn't decide between ita and nitpick as it could be a lot worse

>> No.7708355
File: 527 KB, 540x538, 924b08dd-a2b5-46ad-adf8-6c56f90de.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.7708433
File: 75 KB, 720x960, 10492182_818607761504305_2444839028440566359_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Especially the socks bug me. The rest also seems very off to me.
I don't think the gold theme works with this dress at all, paired with the harlequin socks it's just a big no.
Shame cause I think she's very pretty and the silhouette itself is good. Haenuli dresses often fit awkwardly because of the long bodice but that actually looks pretty good on her.

>> No.7708449
File: 22 KB, 226x223, untitled.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7699557
Why has no one said it yet? Honestly? It is staring everyone right in the face but not one person has said it yet.

TOO MUCH PETTICOAT!!!!

Get a smaller petticoat or just wear one and she'd look fine (she looks like she is wearing 4 at once)

>> No.7708487

>>7708449

AP is meant to be super poofy, anon. It's not too much petticoat until the skirt fabric is taut from petti stuffing.

>> No.7708624
File: 120 KB, 700x525, summer-time18.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7708449

>complaining about too much petti when skirt looks as full as most AP stock imgs

>> No.7708631

>>7708449

It's honetly not that bad, poof looks fine.

>> No.7708687

>>7708449
I don't know that there's too much poof.. I think her upper body is just larger than her lower plus she has no waist so she ends up looking like a giant potato with stick legs.

>> No.7708691

>>7708487
>>7708624
>>7708631
Seriously? It looks terrible. The dress is pulled out to its limits and is " taut from petti stuffing", so by >>7708487 's logic it is indeed too much. There's a difference between poofy and straight up fit to bursting.

>> No.7708761
File: 329 KB, 800x1200, l232-2[1].jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7708691

When the wrinkles start forming horizontally instead of vertically, you'll know the skirt was overstuffed.

>> No.7708872

>>7708433
I actually like this, socks and all. The only thing I'd change is the shoes, because they don't match the other golds. Black shoes would be better.

>> No.7708874
File: 1.36 MB, 640x360, 1406177455958.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7708691
youre the only who thinks its too much poof, dont try to force yr opinion on us anon.

>> No.7708901

>>7708874
No I'm not, there was the anon who said it in the first place. I'm not forcing an opinion, it is clearly maxing out the skirt. She looks like a lampshade. But hey, if you like that look go ahead.

>> No.7708909 [DELETED] 
File: 31 KB, 360x480, 10359403_801687093205316_2154399028168593502_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Ita thread is autosaging

>> No.7708910

>>7708901
>ugh I'm not mad really i'm right and you're all stupid lol

>> No.7708913

>>7708909
So make a new one. That picture would be a perfect cover image.

>> No.7708914 [DELETED] 
File: 46 KB, 280x373, DreamyHoroscopeOP-pink.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7708909
How it's meant to sit

>> No.7708917

>>7708910
Cool, you have not only bad taste but also you have the attitude of a 12 year old and don't know how to read. Not sure why you're so upset that I agree that the petticoat(s) look like they're eating the dress.

>> No.7708938
File: 523 KB, 980x550, 1399659549837.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7708917
i said >>7708874 but not >>7708910 anon

>> No.7708943

>>7708433
That thing about her waist looks like a curtain tie

>> No.7708947

>>7708943
It's called a tassel

>> No.7708950

>>7708355
this would be so, so much better if she just wore tights instead ughhhh

>> No.7708968

>>7708947
it looks really out of the place.

>> No.7709543
File: 187 KB, 640x960, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7680743

>> No.7709551

>>7709543
Why hasn't she thrown that spider web wig away, jfc

>> No.7709638

>>7709543
She's beautiful, her makeup and her coord are amazing! Her wig is gorgeous! Definitely doesn't belong in this thread, please delete your post. She so pretty, Sorry you're so blinded by jealousy to even see that :)

>> No.7709648

>>7709638
It's a nitpick thread, jfc.
I didn't post that but there are so many things I don't like about this outfit. Also her makeup is barely there.

>Skull purse matching nothing else
>plain tights
>those glasses

And personally I never like peep toe shoes in lolita.

>> No.7709662

>>7709638
This has got to be a trol.

>> No.7709663

>>7709638
She looks like that guy from the big bang theory

>> No.7709671

>>7709648
I hate the purse, but the dress does have bones on it. So it's not entirely out of theme. Just ugly.

>> No.7709788

>>7709638
Looking at the email field, I'm assuming its you since you call yourself Nebula. It's the nitpick thread so chill. The shoes don't look great with the outfit. Take the con crit and gtfo.

>> No.7712031

>>7709788
Those heels are probably nicer than anything you own, honey :)
Stop being so jealous, it's sad. She doesn't belong in this thread, please remove her or I will report you all.

>> No.7712152

>>7712031
Not jealous and different anon. Quit being such a try hard. I've met her (you?) at conventions and she's nice and cute. You're not doing her any favors here by acting like that. I have better heels, and I'm going to assume anon you replied to does too. Take the con crit or not, but all you're going to do is attract more hate by acting this way over something so small

>> No.7712178
File: 55 KB, 500x500, Steampunk-classic lotita for tea time.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

"Steampunk/classic Lolita for tea time!"
I don't know if it the dark colors on her lower half, the no wig/bad hair accessories, or the super stupid theme, but something strikes me as really wrong about this.

>> No.7712187

>>7712031
Watch out, nonnie! She's gonna report you!

>> No.7712194

>>7712178
I'm gonna go with the hair/glasses. If she changed that up it would be pretty cute. As it is now she looks like a granny from little house on the prairie

>> No.7712261

>>7712194

Definitely the glasses, though, it looks like they're in a REALLY strong prescription. She might not have many options as far as that goes.

I have a super strong prescription, but for myopia, so I need thicker frames to counteract how small it makes my eyes look.