[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 349 KB, 500x500, 1402330897670.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
7684828 No.7684828 [Reply] [Original]

Previously:
>>7671087

Let out any feels you are having relating to cosplay, lolita, or just in general.

>> No.7684873

>tfw boyfriend understands my lolita heart
>i always ask him for second opinion on cuts/colourways and if it looks too tacky
>he always answers the way I hope he does and likes the things I like, even without me telling him beforehand
>feels good to have a lolita right-hand man.

Is this the true ouji accessory albeit in normalfag clothes.

>> No.7685149

>buy some cute shit in artist's alley
>go home and look up the artists online
>find some of their tumblrs
>see posts with extreme SJW mindsets and other bullshit
>their art is slightly tarnished
I know I'm being a little bitch but it's still disappointing.

>> No.7685156

>>7685149
Just enjoy the art for what it is. You can like something but not necessarily the person who made it.

>> No.7685158
File: 33 KB, 111x110, tumblr_inline_n5mwt8LS1A1sypxyb.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>promised I'd save money over the summer so I could afford whatever I needed when classes started again
>thus, broke
>oh, it can't hurt to PEEK at lacemarket rite
>dream dresses everywhere
>so many cute things
>I have the money and it's so hard not to spend it

>> No.7685171

>>7685156
Certainly. No plans to throw it all out or anything, but damn I can't help but roll my eyes at some of the shit they put on my dashboard.

>> No.7685174

>Big meet coming up later this year.
>Perhaps nicest/biggest meet the comm has had.
> Not sure whether to go or not because of reasons...

>> No.7685176

>>7685174
Go to it.
For those of us who are lone lolitas and would love to attend them.
Why don't you want to go?

>> No.7685181

>>7685149
I don't blame you. I don't like supporting people like that no matter if their art is good.

>> No.7685187
File: 40 KB, 342x298, 1400092898918.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>go to local ups
>send freind a bodyline jsk in envelope
>its $15 to send
>some seagull tells me I'm a cheapass for complaining about it, these fees are normal
>next week, go to ups again to ship something
>made a small bracelet, put in tiny envelope
>ups tells me its $20 to send
>they tell me its to cover it if something goes wrong
>bracelet cost me $1 to make

tell me these aren't normal fees

>> No.7685188

>>7685174
It depends on the reasons. Are they strong enough to miss a potentially great meet?

>> No.7685193

>>7685187
it's cause youre sending via ups dumbass, usps is the only mail service with decent pricing because they're government run, ups and fedex are for private businesses and thus are spensive a f

>> No.7685196

>>7685187
I don't know why but your post + reaction pic made me laugh so hard ahahahaha.

But yeah, what >>7685193 said. use federal mail service. UPS is hella expensive.

>> No.7685203

>>7685187
wait are you shipping UPS or USPS? the united states postal service doesn't charge anything like that. A bracelet in a small bubble envelope should cost $2 to mail.

>> No.7685208

>>7685176
I used to be a lone lolita so I do understand where you are coming from.

Short version is because of the comm and drama surrounding them.

>>7685188
Yes and no.

My other fear is I won't look as great as I'd hope to.

>> No.7685209 [DELETED] 

>>7685196
ok. it just baffles me that the bodyline dress was cheaper to send than this plastic bracelet
>>7685193
I plan to. don't see why you had to be such a cunt about it

>> No.7685212

>>7685196
ok. it just baffles me that the bodyline dress was cheaper to send than this plastic bracelet
>>7685193
I plan to go to the local post office, don't see why you had to be such a cunt about it

>> No.7685229

I can't stop buying fucking blouses.

>> No.7685235

>>7685229
I wish this were my problem

>not enough blouses
>too many JSKs

>> No.7685325

>20
>mother is out of town
>go to a convention
>wear gothic lolita
>take a photo with a friend, she posts it online
>mother calls and texts me at 11pm yelling at me to remove the photo because it ~embarrasses~ her
>I untag myself and hide it from my timeline
>now shes texting me non-stop, mostly yelling about my personal life
>it is now almost 2am and she is still not stopping

I have to wake up at 7:30 tomorrow and I can't turn off my phone because it's my alarm clock. Fuck me.

>> No.7685332

>>7685235
>not enough blouses
>too many JSKs

This is me too, but that's b/c I wear them without blouses a lot. I'm beginning to love shrugs and boleros much more than blouses.

>> No.7685337

>>7685325
Learn 2 FB. Put her on a list that only sees what you want seen.

>> No.7685364

>Entered this contest for the Japanese Festival in my city
>Winning by a lot
>Suddenly panic because I wont get any of my lolita blouses in time and the one I have looks like shit
If I win I'd go on stage in front of everyone so I really don't want to wear regular clothes. I've already checked Forever21 and H&M for loliable blouses and couldn't find anything. There's a con coming up this weekend so I'm hoping there will be some kind of fashion swap where I can look for a blouse

>> No.7685377

>>7685325
delete her off your friendslist, don't talk again. what kind of phone do you have?

>> No.7685395

>>7685325
Do you live with your mother?
If no, tell her to fuck off.

>> No.7685464
File: 146 KB, 284x352, 1405348067433.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I keep getting ignored pretty much all the time.

I think I'm just not good enough for people and that I either need to learn how to get better or learn how to deal with being alone.

>> No.7685479

>kawaii/harajuku fashion show model call
>took some pictures not in lolita and sent them in
>just got email reply
>didn't get picked

I didn't expect much out of it but it's still disheartening. I just want to be a cute model for once and I don't know what I need to do. I am getting older and I won't be able to do this anymore.

>> No.7685485

>>7685325
whats the dumbest hobby your mother enjoys?

>> No.7685489

>>7685464
In my experience you're ignored because most people tend to assume lonely people prefer being alone. You're unfortunately going to have to take the initiative, and overcome the irrationally feared but no less horrifying task of breaking the ice. It's just as simple as talking about a common interest, asking them about themselves, and just on the safe side, no bodily contact without asking first, avoid discussing anything sexual and only ask them out once you're friends with them. I'm still struggling with it. For some reason I'm only capable of making new friends while in character at LARP. You may just pause and freak out when you're about to talk to someone, and forget what you have to say, but no-one you'd want to talk to will mind unless you're creepy/violent.

>> No.7685500

>>7684828
>tfw halfway done Metro LL Reich armor
>tfw I know i'm going to get harassed by SJW's because it has fucking "Reich" written on the forearms and neck guard.

Anyone know what I should do if they confront me? I don't know if they'll be able to deal with "It's from the 4th reich of the metro series" or should I just say "SHTEK DER JUDEN EN DE FAGASN CHAMBEN" and do a nazi salute.

>> No.7685504
File: 139 KB, 680x906, Metro_Last_Light_Concept_Art_VT_08-680x906.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7685500
Pic of what I am building.

>> No.7685525

>>7685337
>>7685377
>>7685395
I ended up unfriending everyone in my family, made a new FB, and added them there. I do live with her. She's since stopped spamming me but now I can't sleep.

>>7685485
Sitting in front of her laptop playing shitty flash games and spying on her old HS friends on Facebook. All day.

>> No.7685527

>>7685500
>>7685504
Tough one that. It's cool looking, and you've put a good deal of work into it, don't get me wrong, but it's gonna make you look like an edgelord regardless of whether it's right or wrong. Wear it I guess, but have a backup in case of a cold reception/staff meddling. Try to be civil, polite and understanding, don't stoop to their level, and maybe point out the irony that you can dress as a communist despite Stalin commiting 2+ Hitlers.

>> No.7685528
File: 46 KB, 350x300, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I'm ugly.
Like, not "average", ugly.
I mean, it's not like I don't have other qualities, sure they mayn't be all that special and I'm not a really interesting person but I've been doing fine in life without looks so far.

But shit, it's getting harder as I age:

As a kid, I was ugly plus I had a monobrow and shit hair, and my mum forbid me to pluck it and style it despite me getting teased in school. When I was five, all the little girls were getting compliments for their looks and people were cooing over my sister "awwww look how cute she is", but with me it was always "oh... Is... Is this your child? I... I heard she's very smart..." or they'd call me polite and compliment my manners and leave it at that.
Now it's not as bad but it's still pretty shit. I have yellowish pasty skin that makes people think I look sick, big eye bags, shit brown hair that makes my skin look even cottage cheesier and sicker, a fucked up nose that people call "aristocratic" which is just polite-talk for "ugly", and people say it's good to have big eyes but fuck, mine look ridiculous because they are literally popping out of my sockets. On top of that I have droopy cheeks and laugh lines. Also I'm the only person I know that actually looks worse when she takes off her glasses.

People tell me I look "fine" but I broke off one of the only two relationships I was ever in because the guy kept trying to persuade me to wear makeup in my own house, while lazing around. The other ended because I was cheated on.

I also get shit on by girls who want to feel better about themselves and get laughed at for saying I'm single at 25. Even my mum doesn't push me into marriage like she does my sister. Hell, my sister's friends don't even know she has a sibling.
I don't know the point of this, I just need to tell someone. I don't lack confidence, I'm always friendly, but I'm not a guy who can get ahead by just having confidence and "game".
TL;DR: lock me in a bell tower

>> No.7685529

>>7685500
If they say anything, tell them it's a character from metro. If they then decide to kick off as some sjw are unreasonable shrug and walk away that's the only thin you can do.

>> No.7685569
File: 69 KB, 306x331, 1399514240274.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>tfw you accidentally reblog someone's shitpost on Tumblr
I hope no one saw

>> No.7685571

>>7685212
because you're crying about going to ups like it was your only option lol

>> No.7685583

>meet a guy during some convention
>fast forward, we're dating
>he's different from all my past boyfriends, had no past experiences and was even a virgin
>he's extremely devoted to me
I'm not sure if I will be able to handle all this responsibility. He's not clingy, but I don't know what to say when he says things such as "you know, I haven't felt depressed since the day we met". It's like he thinks I'm his savior or something, like one of those yandere types on anime.

>> No.7685589

>>7685528
Stop being a little bitch, you already had two boyfriends. It's not like people can't find worth in you.

>but I'm not a guy who can get ahead by just having confidence and "game".
Tell that to the 30yo kissless virgins in here, see how much that "just be confident" talk actually works.

>> No.7685599

>>7685583
Holy shit how can you not think that is clingy
Also, relationships don't fix depression so that's a load of bull

>> No.7685600

>>7685528
I'd lock you in my bell tower bb.

>> No.7685610

>>7685599
>Also, relationships don't fix depression so that's a load of bull
It can cure loneliness, which is a reason for depression.

>> No.7685615

>>7685599
I mean that he doesn't call me dozens of times a day and gives me space, unlike some guys I dated.

>> No.7685634

>>7685610
I guess you're right. I didn't see it like that.

>>7685615
I just think that bringing stuff like that up in that way is kind of a sign of being clingy somewhat. Obviously,
it's different from constant pestering.

>> No.7685699

>>7685583
He probably thinks your his Misaki anon. Good on him for not being too clingy, especially for his first relationship I assume?

>> No.7685738

> Buy a huge order of bodyline and plus size dresses, blouses, shoes etc.. To fill up new wardrobe.
> Moved house, not time for frilly when decorate, renovating, building...etc
> Months later on decide to put on coordinate for a night out to celebrate the house being finished.
> Knew I lost a little weight but since I wore slobbies for decorating and my work uniform, I never spotted how much.
> All of my dresses but two don't fit, all too big.
> Used to be overweight, UK18 now UK 12.
> MFW Annoyed that I have to sell them
> WTF I've lost a lot of weight due to hard work.
> MFW Should be happy.
> A month on. All is well again, sell nearly everything.
> On the brightside of all this I can finally fit into brand and with all my bodyline and offbrand sales was able to buy 2 angelic pretty sets second hand.
> Not sure if good feels?

>> No.7685744
File: 177 KB, 1200x798, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>tfw large chin
>look like this but black hair.

>> No.7685754

>>7685738
It's good. You lost weight, got some new things, got rid of things which serve no purpose to you anymore.

>> No.7685764

>>7685364
This sounds like Matsuri...
>>7685500
If people can cosplay as actual nazi's from anime without dying from flack, then you can cosplay as something that has a german word.
>>7685583
Im scared that if you break up he will go suicidal.

>> No.7685779
File: 52 KB, 620x620, emergence.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Finally cleaned my living space and got rid of a bunch of things. I feel so much better and lighter.
Been eating too many sweets, getting chubby. I'm torn between starving myself again or actually working out.
I'm going to a meet later this month and then an overseas trip in August so I wanna be in good shape, especially since swimming will be involved for my trip.
BL package was "out for delivery" yesterday but didn't come. I hope I can tear into it today.
I hope I can get my Forest of Pipe Organ dress by October so I can wear it at work before I leave.
My figures will never be as dust-free as the day I took them out of the box.

>> No.7685828

>tfw used to have a really close group of cosplay friends
>tfw used to know a lot of people in local community
>tfw moved away to a better place
>tfw only two years later you're clearly no longer as important to any of these people
My choice, but it still sucks. It would probably hurt less if I weren't struggling so hard to make friends in my new place.

>> No.7686079
File: 95 KB, 500x350, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>tfw I just got a full dollar an hour raise.

>> No.7686092

Want to make a thread about local con.
Already tons of different individual con threads in the catalogue.

It's a month and a half away and I've never been to a con. I just want to know the best days to go and how last year was.

>> No.7686110

>>7685479
I know how you feel, I did that maybe two, three years back where I sent in some non-lolita pictures (makes sense, right? They want to see you as, well, you) and got rejected. Kind of hurts the self esteem a little bit.

>> No.7686114

>have a big meetup to go to next month in another comm in another state
>buy some brand and pieces to go along with coord you're creating
>find out the headpiece you need for your coord won't come until after meetup
>don't have anything other headpiece to go with it
wat to do

>> No.7686118

>>7686110
I always send lolita pictures and have gotten into every show I've applied for. I'm not exceptionally pretty or anything and always one of the shortest there, but I think showing myself in the style helps them see the potential better, as well as confirmation I can do my own styling/makeup.

>> No.7686122

>>7686114
Do an updo and shove some craft flowers into it.

>> No.7686134

>tfw failure at everything
>try and get into lolita
>everything gets in the way so i cant
>try and draw
>everything is shit and wonky
>too scared to speak to people
>lose people constantly
>can't get a job
>cannot even apply for voluntary jobs
>sit on 4chan all day

>> No.7686144

>>7685235
Said every lolita ever. Seriously, most lolitas are buying dresss and main pieces but skipping out on the rest buying cheap crap. In the end though, their outfits are boring and plain.

>> No.7686171

>no plans to go to Tokyo Rebel/BTSSB opening
>get email from an acquaintance who knows about my lolita fashion hobby
>tells me that's he's bringing me to NYC for the weekend
>paying for flight to get here
>flying on Delta Air Lines
>going to Tokyo Rebel/BTSSB opening now
>hoping to meet with NYC lolitas
>same friend that is bringing me to NYC has made a reservation for two at Laduree

I hope he's not one of those sugar daddies, but I'm confident and know what I'm doing in this situation. Of course several friends I know are in NYC so I can go to them if things fall a part.

>> No.7686181

>>7686171
Ohhh! How exciting! I'm going, too. Did he grab tickets for the soiree?

>> No.7686209

>>7686171
I hope a beej is on the menu.

>> No.7686254

>>7685610
Yeah, but if his only friend is his girlfriend, that could be a problem.

>> No.7686259

>tfw NEET
>has bf with job and lolita friends with jobs
>bf is sweet enough to help me buy dresses, but feel bad
>tfw all my friends are lolita friends and am in constant contact with the steady stream of their purchases and excitement over releases
>tfw all my friends frequently discuss savings, trips and upcoming engagements and weddings and in comparison I am a giant loser with exactly nothing but these dresses

What makes it worse is that my boyfriend doesn't save much, his job is low-income and really demanding and between me and bills and his own hobbies there's nothing been put away. He's a terrible saver and a bit of an aspie so when I tell him I want to scale back in the stress I put on him we get into fights because he translates it as doing nothing fun, ever. Buy that same token he gets all Nietzsche whenever I bring up the possibility of saving up for a better car (which he always talks about) or travelling somewhere (even just interstate) or life beyond his shitty job. Between that and my own self-pity about not really even being in the same economic circle (which is a little moronic to say considering I do still get to dress up in this luxury fashion) as my only friends it just gets to me. The solution to all my problems is employment, so fingers crossed. Can you be too old for McDonalds? Serious question.

>> No.7686274

>>7686259
Nah, you can never be too old for McDonalds. Hell, a lot of people make a living working at Safeway or Target. Target managers making 100 grand a year, Safeway baggers have benefits, better wages, etc. McDonalds... hey, it's a job, but it pays.

>> No.7686286

>>7686181
He did grab a special ticket, but he's really nervous about attending so I don't know.

>>7686209
It's not like that! We're just acquaintances and it's not going to get serious. He's interested in lolita fashion so he wants to know what the fashion is like and sells.

>> No.7686291

>>7686274
That's exactly what I was thinking, ha. When I go in the only older-ish looking staff I see are either working in the McCafe or management. I'd never sneeze at chain work because I know that you can earn serious $$$ if you stick to it or want to franchise, I just also know I'll be starting at the bottom, if I get it. Which I hope I do, because at this stage it's all about the money.

>> No.7686294

>>7686259
McDonald's will at least get you experience. It sucks, but is a good move just so you have some experience to take to a better place. Even a few months there is usually enough. Some places don't hire anyone without a job history, so fast food is a good place to start.

>> No.7686333

>normal outfit looks like shit on me
>put in my circle lenses then everything I put on suddenly looks adorable on me

I swear, it's so weird!
Because of that, I used to not be able to leave the house without circle lenses in, lest I feel anxious, ugly, and timid.
I have since weened myself out of it, so I can leave the house without them. I don't want to keep wearing them and potentially damaging my eyes due to long periods of wear, but.... damn.
I want to look cute.

>> No.7686347
File: 88 KB, 576x713, henohenomoheji.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Really unenthused for Otakon. I already paid for prereg/hotel/transportation, but I feel no motivation to finish my costume other than completionism.
I've been sitting here for a week, couching cord onto this fucking kimono, and thinking about how much I hate cosplay at this point. My costumes all win runner-up but no higher, I'm unphotogenic as shit, and even though I talk to people at cons and online, I can't seem to make any friends. I love anime and I love crafting things, but this hobby just makes me so /lonely/. I've developed anorexia, as ten years of "maybe if my costumes are good someone will want to cosplay with me!" twists itself into killing perfectionism.
By contrast, my ex has gotten into the hobby and made tons of friends and is having a wonderful time, confirming my beliefs that I'm just a shitty person unworthy of friendship or food.

>> No.7686354

>>7686294
>tfw even most of the McDonalds in my country won't hire you wihout experience
T-thanks, Ireland.

>> No.7686392

>>7686286
If he doesn't want to go and he got two spots, you can always sell the second one to some thirsty ita, lol.
I'm only-half kidding, but regardless, see you there! Even though I won't know WHO you are.

>> No.7686446

Found 50$ in my room but now I'm unsure wether to spend them or save up for a brand dress.

>> No.7686447

>>7686392
Y-you too! He just worried about hearing the drama (he doesn't like drama), but I do think he'll come.

>> No.7686482

>>7686447
Yeah, knowing the locals, they won't talk drama to your face or even show that they're upset/insulted/don't like you. They wait till they get home to wank on FB about how "THIRSTY" and "ITA" people were.
But you seem lovely, I doubt they'll have a problem with you! Unless you're prettier than them... Or better dressed... Or have manners...
(once again, joking. They tend to like outsiders more than the people in the actual comm.)

>> No.7686487

>tfw I want to dress up my bestie in lolita just for fun to go out together
>tfw she's legitimately obese and therefor can't fit in anything I own

She's starting to lose weight, now, which I'm happy about. Her weight has never bothered me, it's not really my business at all, but there are things we can't do as friends that we could do if she was a normal weight.

>> No.7686498

Every girl with an eating disorder(made up or otherwise) on /cgl/ tries their hardest to gloat about it, but whenever they're confronted about their thinly-veiled bragging they whine that it's "terrible and awful waaaah" and then go on to gloat more. They try to inject it into every fucking conversation and it's pretty much no different than gender trender retards- making light of a serous issue while being painfully annoying and whiny about it.

I wasn't aware it was cool to do this anymore. It's like some terrible high-school girl parody but where everyone's a weeaboo. Starving yourself to play dress up as an adult and bragging about it? How embarrassing.

>> No.7686577

>have only worn lolita 4-5 times this year
>don't have the energy to get dressed up
>passed out the other day trying to get a blouse from the closet
>realize I'm losing lolita because I'm getting too sick

Of all the hard shit I've had to deal with being sick not being able to wear lolita is hitting me the hardest. I've had to quit my job, take a sabbatical from school and even lost friends but this is making way more emotional than it should.

>> No.7686584

>>7686487
Like playing on a seesaw?

>> No.7686593
File: 491 KB, 627x342, damnyou'.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

This week has already been pretty horrible.

>broke up with SO today
>can't even cry over it
>hungry, but don't really want to eat
>I just feel empty and very nauseated
>tried to wear lolita because I thought it would cheer me up and it's chilly for July
>I miss my stoner-loli friend

Also, friend who happens to wear lolita thought she could just bring her child to a meet up to a RSVP type event I'm hosting; she had to decline when she realized this, and I learned that she also tried to commit suicide which was why it took a while to hear back from her.

Damn. I should have just bought tickets to Pitchfork. I wouldn't mind being with certain people to distract me at the moment. I guess I'm just internalizing all of this right now.

Also my package is still missing from the USPS. They called while I was at work and when I finally got back with them, the line was busy like the last time I tried to hear back with them.

>> No.7686610
File: 174 KB, 279x400, y.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7686593
FUCKING A.

I just got my comcast bill and now they're charging to my bill a service fee for assistance. I could have sworn they said that they weren't going to charge anything like that on the bill.

>> No.7686637

>>7686593
Make plans with the friend so you can catch up and vent to each other.

>> No.7686650

>friend A helps me whip up last minute costume for con, looks decent, almost superb for how late it was
>first time at a con, kind nervous, mostly excited
>meet up with the rest of friends
>tfw they've got really really good frozen costumes
>nobody notices me or friend A, too busy fawning over other friends' frozen cosplays
>we stop every few feet because dozens of teenage girls all want pictures of "that amazing elsa and anna"
>"This is going to be my con experience?"
>conclude I better just go bug people whose costumes I like for photos, since nobody seems to recognize me
>camera batteries are dead somehow
>go to switch out to spare batteries
>somehow my spares are almost dead
>manage to snap a dozen shitty pictures before camera dies

I still had fun, but I'm guessing I need to either be in the same theme as the rest of the gang next time, or not hang around them so I don't get completely overshadowed.

>> No.7686674

>>7686650
Third time I've seen you post about this situation

you must be really frustrated

>> No.7686675
File: 103 KB, 413x413, 1370203895280.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7684828
>talking about my bjd with my bf
>you should make her a pirate
>no
>not like an actual pirate, like alice and the pirates
>wait what
>he turns and looks at me 'baby the stars shine bright'

>> No.7686680

I've somehow reached 220 pounds. I'm ashamed to even go outside and have people see me.

>> No.7686686

>>7686674
Shit, I didn't even realize it somehow, my bad.

It was really frustrating, though I suppose hanging out with people cosplaying something that everyone and their mother knows about shouldn't make it a surprise.

>> No.7686687

>>7686675
keep him forever

>> No.7686691

>got back to lolita
>fuck yeah!

>> No.7686706
File: 137 KB, 500x414, 43856307.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

> need money for conventions and cosplay
> got turned down for the jobs I applied for this summer and now nobody is hiring anymore
> which means I'll have to work on weekends after summer to be able to afford my materials and convention expenses
> if I have to work on weekends, I won't be able to go to cons anymore
> mfw I need to work so I can go to cons but if I work I can't go to cons

>> No.7686715
File: 841 KB, 500x270, kuroi_mato_cry.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Broke from trip to Europe.
>Hours get cut.
>Trying to find a new job, no one wants to hire me.
>Well except for a really good job that I can't get to because no car at the moment.
>Supposed to have Severa done for an upcoming con to do a group with friends
>Post about it in feels thread
>Seagulls are awesome and telling me to do it on a budget and rock it anyways.
>Hours get cut again
>No hope for Severa.
>Little hope for new job, but still trying.
>Officially had to let my friends down.
>Trying to scramble to get something cheaper done so maybe I can still do something with them.
>One doesn't seem interested in having me join their other group even though I'm the one only one that loves the series they're cosplaying from.
>Going to have to hear someone else insist they should have been Severa all along.

Feels bad, man. I hate having to let people down.

>> No.7686779

>>7686715
Maybe you shouldn't have been a stupid fucking hippy with the whole backpacking through Europe, finding yourself immature bullshit. You'd probably have a fucking job, oh but you found yourself and you're better for the experience!

>> No.7686825

>>7686779
Wow anon, calm down. Anon didn't even mention backpacking, they probably just went on holiday or something. Also travelling is important and increases your chances of getting better employment, among other things.

>> No.7686839

>>7686092
Do it anon it will get rid of the Dash con that's crapping up this entire board.

>> No.7686857

>>7686446
Save up for that Brand dress! Tomorrow's you will thank you.

>> No.7686870

>>7686825
How does it in any way increase your chances of employment?
I'm sorry but I've been volunteering for years and have been to many different countries (Red Cross) and not even once has it gotten me a job. Maybe it's different in the USA because from what I've read here they tend to do dumb bullshit like "test your attitude" and mind games and trick questions during interviews, so I wouldn't be surprised if people get hired based on impression over skill. But here, an actual job (especially a long-term one), experience and skill are the only important things and only desperate neet fucks use workshops, short courses, school grades and trips in their cv.
Really, you have to prioritise a little. If you want money for cosplay, don't spend it all on a trip. Pick one.

>> No.7686874

>>7686680
Limit calorie intake, walk 40 minutes every, get a weight loss buddy. You can lose it Anon, you don't have to stay like this.

>> No.7686881

>>7686779
Wow, didn't think I'd get someone that mad about going to Europe.

>>7686825
Definitely just went on a vacation, as you said. Also that anon made me realize I should have put a timeline there-- I definitely would have had more than enough money for it by now if my hours hadn't been cut. Kinda makes me seem like I definitely wasn't planning ahead.

>Go to Europe five months ago
>Hours get cut a week after I get back.
>Hours get cut again about a month ago.

>> No.7686888

>>7686881
Ignore them Anon, they must have went to beach recently with how salty they are.

Sorry that your workplace keeps cutting your hours. Have you thought about babysitting? I know that's a good way to make a quick buck!

>> No.7686890

>>7686870
Okay, first, I'm not American. And it increases your chances of employment because when employers are interviewing 10 people with the same skills and qualifications, but only one of them has been travelling and had life experience etc, they're the one who's going to get hired. Obviously, it doesn't guarantee you a job, but it helps.

I agree with you about prioritising, but it sounds like anon's hours got cut after their trip. And anyway, my point was that you got way too mad about this and seemed like you're against travelling in general.

>>7686881
It's okay anon, we got what you meant.

>> No.7686920
File: 20 KB, 500x349, 2128330_1320179626464.68res_500_349.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7684828
Okay. Do you want feels? I'll give you a few.

I'm a lolita since 3 months ago
Last week I had my first lolita meeting ever; people came for all parts of the country to my city. I tought I had luck.

During months, mods were planning it ; they put a poll with different places for the lunch. Between million good and classy sites (that aren't expensive) pleople choose...

DOMINO'S PIZZA

FOR THE FREE BUFFET

SRSLY, WTF

There's no worst place for a lolita meeting that this.
Was HORRIBLE
All girls splash tomato, cheese, stains everywere (DON'T COME AT MI WITH THAT PIECE OF PIZZA BITCH)
And everybody laughing as us.

And... "lolitas"
5 cute kitties desu chans + kawaii maid chans
other 5 weaboos
10 gothic girls (nothing lolita, nothing)
10 itas (leopard prints, neon colours, etc)
3 lolitas (bless God)

And for the tea time?
A cool cafe?
No
NO

A picnic. Outside. In my country, there's 40ºC (105º Farenheit) outside. SRSLY. I DIED. Lots of sweat and bad smell.

(parasol does nothing...!)

Melting makeup, grass stains,....
Then we go to shopping;
all the time, the "lolitas" scrub with all cornes, making whore poses, lifting their skirts, and taking photos.
All people look at us.
I'm still ashamed of they.

At least, all went to a night bar on outskirts of town.

I prefer to went to home

Why

>> No.7686928

>>7686920
(also sorry for my english)
(and maybe I'll add some things tho)

>> No.7687004

>>7686920
Riverside?

>> No.7687005

I just moved to a new area and I'm really broke. I got a job offer today and I'm happy and it has medical (yay) but sadly, it's a lot less money than I thought it would be. It's $12/hr and I really think I should be making more like $16/hr.
But, I accepted it. I'm just a little sad that over the years I've moved up so little in the world. I'm 26 and I have a lot of professional experience and a degree and everything. They did say it will go up to $14 an hour in three months so I guess that's okay.
But really, I want to have buckets of money to throw at cosplay and lolita. I'm not aging super well so by the time I have the wardrobe of my dreams and actual money to spend on jfashion I'm going to look way too old for it. It hurts.

>> No.7687011

>>7686920
Gather the actual lolitas and split off from the group. I doubt they want to put up with that bullshit either. Seriously, Dominos? Fucking Dominos? I didn't even know you could eat-in there and I didn't want to.

>> No.7687035

tfw a lolita I'm friends with on FB keeps posting about how she hoops and I'm super interested but I'm moving in less than a month, so I can't start lessons here. The place I'm moving to has no hooping classes.
tfw you'll never get to hoop and you feel like you're letting down your favorite local loli even though she doesn't even know who you are.

>> No.7687111

>>7686857
That's a good point, I should be nice to future me.

>> No.7687375

>stuck in an abusive relationship
>situation is very complicated and there's no way i can get out of it right now, or at least for another year
>i just want to get on with my life
>i'm so fucking miserable

>> No.7687401

>>7687375
Define "complicated".

>> No.7687406

>>7687401
A situation I can't explain on an online forum even as anonymous. It's that severe, it's very multilayered and caught up in a lot of irresolvable details.

I have a plan for next year when things will be better lined up but right now it's impossible. I just want it to be next year already so I can kick it into action.

>> No.7687477

>>7687406
Jeez... stay strong. I feel like a lot of people on /cgl/ are in abusive relationships or are having relationship problems.

>> No.7687480

>>7687406

...women's shelter?
Thats how my relative got out of a bad situation. They did counceling too, I think.

>> No.7687549

>>7686706
Can't you just request the weekend of the cons off?

>> No.7687812

>>7686680

You and me both buddy. I've given myself three months to make a difference. I have a treadmill and theoretically should be walking on it for at least half an hour but I keep making excuses.

>mfw that's the reason I'm fat in the first place.

C'mon anon, we gotta do it.

>> No.7687857

>>7687812
Diet is the most important part, exercise helps second. I've lost 65 lbs in the last 6 months with diet alone. Now down to 5'11" 200lbs muscle bear mode. Eat well and exercise and you can do it too. And you'll feel better.

>> No.7687867

>>7687477

As horrible as abusive relationships are, claiming to be in one is a surefire attention-getter...

>> No.7687891

>>7687867
I don't understand these people
I was in an abusive relationship with my mom and I did everything possible to get out, short of actually killing her, which I probably would have anyway if there weren't other options.
I would rather live on the street and eat out of the garbage than go back to her. In fact, I HAVE done that and I'd do it again in a heartbeat. So I'm not full of shit.
I'm not saying, if you're not like me you're not in a bad situation. I'm just saying, you're not doing everything you can. I roll my eyes when people talk about how they are going to get out in a year or something.. it's really not that hard to leave and find temporary shelter. You don't need much money at all. They are just stalling action, because their current situation is preferable to having to support themselves and deal with their own demons.

>> No.7687919

>>7687891
>They are just stalling action, because their current situation is preferable to having to support themselves and deal with their own demons.

Amen to that, sister.

>> No.7687931

>>7687891
I was stuck in an abusive relationship for over a year and I was trapped because he had my keys, my debit card (I was the only source of income in our home), my phone most of the time, and threatened to kill himself, destroy all my things, or ruin my name to my friends, family, and workplace when I didn't do what he wanted. It only ended when I was so beaten down that I didn't care what happened with my things or my life just anything was better than being stuck with him. That wasn't even the end I had to get a restraining order to keep him away for good.
Not all situations are the same.

>> No.7687960

>>7687931
Call the police and get your keys and shit back, cancel your debit card and cancel your phone if they can't get them back and get re-keyed, get new phone and debit card. Move in with parents. Hope he kills himself for being an asshole. Jesus people. I had an ex say he was going to kill himself if I left, I told him that if he was actually going to do it, there would be nothing I could do to stop him. Nothing happened, imagine that.

>> No.7687968

>>7687931
I've been in a similar situation. Don't let these bluh bluh ALL ABUSE VICTIMS SHOULD PULL THEMSELVES UP BY THEIR BOOTSTRAPS bitches get to you. Half the time the "abuse" they so proudly got away from is like. Yelling and name calling. Such danger!

>> No.7687975

>>7687931
Been there as well. I was also the only source of income and he never went anywhere and was always in my house with all of my belongings and threatened to ruin my life if I did anything as well. I waited for months more than I'd ever wanted to until the ONE day in our year long relationship that he finally happened to leave the house. I locked him out, went to work and got my dad to watch my house in case he came back. He also threatened to kill himself at that point (as well as many other points before that) I told him to have at it and got really used to keeping my doors locked after that. Waiting until the right moment brought me out on top of that situation and I don't regret it.

>> No.7688073

>>7687975
>>7687891

I hate when guys feel that the "I'm going to kill myself" line is a fail-safe. In my experience, be it with friends or myself, when a guy says that, mostly, they don't mean it. It's just a scare tactic to keep you guilty and to pretty much put you in a position where their life is in your hands. Additionally, it forces a person to stay with them out of fear, not out of love. It's the stupidest, emptiest, demeaning threat. Of course, there are some who actually do mean that, and in that case, they need to seek help.

If people really want to kill themselves, most of the time, they're not going to say anything, they'll just do it. I speak from my own experience, even though I am aware that my experience may not be the general consensus of others.

>> No.7688085

>>7687968
>Half the time the "abuse" they so proudly got away from is like. Yelling and name calling. Such danger!
yes, I reduced myself to eating out of dumpsters and sleeping next to bulls and cows in fields because of "name-calling." Idiot. if anything, the people you're defending, are exactly these types you describe.

>> No.7688086

>>7687931
Oh my god, he had your KEYS and CELL PHONE?!?!!?
Wow, that fucking changes everything. Except it doesn't, you fucking pussy. I left when I had NOTHING. I had literally $34 to my name and I left because I'm not a fucking retard who puts up with blatant abuse. You have no right to complain, because somebody held your fucking cellphone from you. Jesus, ugh you disgust me.

>> No.7688087

>>7688086
Not everyone has the same strength anon, not everyone is you.

>> No.7688088

>>7688087
Have been lurking this discussion and I agree with this 100%

>> No.7688096

>>7688087
If you don't have the strength to leave blatant abuse you don't deserve to.
I am NO different from anyone else.
I was beaten down my entire life, taught I was nothing and completely worthless.
People make excuses because they find something in their situation comfortable. They will put up with abuse because they get food or shelter or money in exchange for freedom. It's all the same.
If you're really going to argue your situation was worse than mine, that makes you all the more worthless. Because you've gone through at least what I have and still have the gall to say it's worth supporting and condoning your abusers.

>> No.7688099

>>7688086
>>7688087
When I left, debit cards and phones were not an amenity. They still are not, no matter what people think.

>> No.7688102
File: 3 KB, 209x215, fuckoff.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7688086
You're a disgusting, victim blaming piece of shit. Go to hell, kthx

>> No.7688105

>>7688102
I've already been to hell, fucker. Don't condemn me because you find what I say uncomfortable. I really don't give a shit. I'd go through your situations ten times over and I'd still make the same decision.

>> No.7688112

>>7688096
Woah, hold your horses anon. No one ever said they had it worse than you. I'm sorry your situation was terrible and I am happy that you got yourself out. But everyone is not just like you.
Everyone does not have the same resolve.
But that doesn't mean that someone deserves abuse.
If someone sees that they will have a better advantage if they wait even three days, as long as they weren't in physical danger, I'd tell them to wait.
You do not know all the facts of this persons situation. YOU ARE NOT THE STANDARD TO WHICH PEOPLE SHOULD LIVE.

>> No.7688113

>>7688105
lol wut

I'm not the anon you've been talking to. I have a decent as fuck life.

You're a victim blaming piece of shit, your arguments are even worse.

I legit hope you get trapped in another abusive relationship. You deserve it.

>> No.7688116
File: 462 KB, 676x671, 1403245577746.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7688086
>>7688096
How about not being a self-righteous, masturbatory little bitch, anon?
People react and act differently to different situations. Not everyone is like you, not everyone's abusive relationship worked under similar conditions to yours, and not everyone can survive being homeless or living on 30 fucking dollars just because you happened to do it.
If you can't even understand that, you are 100% autistic and should not be using a computer without your handler to help you.

>> No.7688118

>>7688113
No, never wish that on anyone anon. No matter how foul a person is, no one should have to live through that. Even more so a second time.

>> No.7688125

>>7688118
You're right. I just get really pissed off when I see someone victim blaming just because they reacted differently in a similar situation. Something about them having been in the same situation yet still be so lacking in empathy is particularly rage inducing.

>> No.7688133

>>7688113
>I hope you get trapped in another abusive relationship
>you deserve it
Wow, what a victim blaming piece of shit. You have gone through hell and back and you would wish it on another person? lol.
I don't care what you all think. I'm sick of this hand-holding and telling people it's totes okay to live with your abusers for another year or two and get "stabilized." It's not, and you will never be stabilized.
It's just more tumblr bullshit. Things won't be better until you make a solid plan to get out ASAP. You can do this in three months or less. This "just another year" is bullshit postponing.
I've yet to see any of you do the requisite planning. You always just kind of hope that you'll get a better job in the future, or that your current job will magically start paying a whole lot more. You have no real plan. I had a plan, and I executed it as early as possible.
And if you do have a real plan, it always seems to postpone action as much as possible. Even though truly abused kids get out asap and seem to manage and eat and have shelter long before that.. I wonder why.
Maybe they struggle, but living with an abuser is a struggle, isn't it? I would take starving and homelessness over living with mine again. But you don't even have to do that, because food and shelter is not hard to find.

>> No.7688141

>>7688133
Anon, calm down. I know this is a touchy subject for you. The other anon will get out soon. But the fact remains you don't know her entire story. Maybe it's not as bad as it was for you. Maybe she has someone important keeping her there. We don't know because she hasn't told us.
I truly am sorry that you suffered. But no one is telling her that it's okay to live with her abuser. But everyone is supporting her in her decision to leave when she feels ready. If that's hand holding Tumblr bs so be it, but you can't force people to change. You can't yell at them over the Internet expecting that they will pack their things and slum it at the local shelter tomorrow morning.
Let her be, don't worry about her. Focus on you and making yourself better.

>> No.7688142

>>7688116
>People react and act differently to different situations. Not everyone is like you, not everyone's abusive relationship worked under similar conditions to yours, and not everyone can survive being homeless or living on 30 fucking dollars just because you happened to do it.
Yes, they can. There are resources for EVERYONE to do this, you stupid assholes just don't take them, and then have the guts to complain about how hard life is.
It says a lot that everyone I've seen in a genuinely abusive parental relationship has gotten the fuck out. Romantic, it's different and I have different opinions about that. Every single person I know who has stayed with abusive parents past legal age has some stupid fucking reason. They work full time, yet they "can't afford" rent even with a roommate. They "don't know how to cook." Or whatever other excuse they can come up with.
True street kids, leave and they are grateful to have left. The people who stay are privileged white kids who don't know how to do anything for themselves.

>> No.7688143
File: 51 KB, 339x298, 1405015694273.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7688133
>Even though truly abused kids get out asap and seem to manage and eat and have shelter long before that.. I wonder why.
What authority or experience (other than your own) do you have to define "truly" abused kids and "falsely" abused kids?
And yes, all children who are actually abused ALWAYS get out. That's why there are no parents who killed their children, drove them to suicide or abused them so badly they're mentally/physically/emotionally crippled. All *true* victims (like yourself) get out in the end and survive to shitpost about it on /cgl/. Give yourself a badge. You deserve it.

>> No.7688145

>>7688133
>I've gone through hell and back
You keep replying to the wrong anon, fucker. I was never abused or in an abusive relationship.

>> No.7688152

>>7688125
I don't think it's lack of empathy, I think it's too much. They know that pain and don't want anyone else to feel it, if even for a heartbeat.
They are just approaching this in the completely wrong way. I do hope they calm down and realize that everything looks easier when you've made it to the other side.

>> No.7688153

>>7688141
Meh, I don't really worry about her. If she wants to stay, she wants to stay. That's her choice. No matter what she says. If it's the most logical decision given her circumstances, it's still her choice and there's still another option.
Mostly, I post this stuff because I think the general consensus is bullshit. The idea that it's perfectly fine to stay with your abusers for "just another year or two" because they ~have your cellphone~ or whatever. That's all I see anywhere and I think it's wrong.
Leaving them is a hard road. but I have felt and I have seen in many others that it is the best road. I have never, ever seen someone regret leaving their abuser. Never. Not once. Even homeless people who have been through the worst of it don't say that. I think that says a lot. That's why I say what I say.

>> No.7688156

>>7688142
>There are resources for EVERYONE to do this
Not always, retard. In fact, sometimes even going for help just gets you sent back to your abuser's home for one reason or the other or thrown into a mental hospital (which can be just as bad).
Again, you're a self-congratulatory cunt who thinks just because you pulled it off everyone in the entire world magically can.
>Btw, everyone I know is [x] or [x]
You don't know everyone on the planet, you're probably in your 20s and I doubt you've met millions of people to make any valid form of an objective argument on this topic. You literally don't know shit.
Fuck off with your ~*true street kids*~ snowflakey bullshit, too.

>> No.7688160

>>7688153
>what is Stockholm Syndrome

>> No.7688163

>>7688153
Ok, but to be clear, you do realize that the person with the cellphone and keys issue is not the original abuse victim? Cellphone got smart and got out. They were just giving an example of a different approach than you. We have no idea about the original victim other than its super hush hush.

>> No.7688164

>>7688156
And yet you're probably in your teens, and know absolutely fucking nothing.
I'm not fucking special, I pulled off nothing special. I knew everything I could possibly do and did it. In the internet age, this is not some kind of obscure miracle.
I've probably lived twice as long as you have, but I'm not here to convince you of anything. If you're going to adamantly stick with your abuser, that's on you. Just don't try to convince other people to do the same thing, to assuage your own tender ego.

>> No.7688168

>>7688160
Stockholm Syndrome is a buzzword that does not occur nearly as often as people pretend it does.

>> No.7688176

>>7688164
If I am in my teens, that just reflects poorly on you.
You're right, you're not special but at the same time you're trying to imply that unless an abused person possibly throws themselves under the bus and risks being in a situation that's only marginally less awful than sticking with their abuser they can't *really* be abused. That's snowflakey as fuck.
And no, this being the internet age does not mean everything is handled smoothly, easily and squeaky-clean.
I'm not defending staying with your abuser, but at the same time insisting they deserve it for not being able to leave right that second is fully retarded.

>> No.7688178

>>7688168
[citation needed]

>> No.7688179

>>7688156
>>7688176
I love Tumblr. Insulting a victim of abuse because they don't agree with you. GTFO.

>> No.7688188

>>7688179
Being a victim of abuse does not grant you instant protection from being called out on being a shithead.
Also, stop calling "Tumblr" on whoever says anything you don't like. 4chan is not your special place of people who agree with you and especially you.

>> No.7688199

>>7688188
Just like how being a minority doesn't mean exception from being told white people wearing bronzer is racist, or transgenders not expressing outrage at incorrect pronouns means they sympathize with their oppressors. It's typical of tumblr to throw people who have experience real abuse and oppression under the bus to fuel their own invented oppression.

>> No.7688205

> Haven't been able to get on cgl for a few months
> When I finally do its June
> All these summerfags stinking up the place
> All the other boards stinking up the place

I feel like a Mom who has returned home to find her kids have ruined the entire house. I mean half this thread is abuse bull that has nothing to do with cosplay/Lolita what so ever.
I just want my board back.

>> No.7688211

>>768817
>>7688188
>>7688199
Whatever, I don't really care. Being insulted and told my experience doesn't count on the internet is probably the least important thing that has ever happened to me. It literally doesn't matter, you are not in my face screaming at me and degrading me beating me and even if you were I'd know how to deal with it by now.
Mostly, I just want to help other people and get them out of this stupid tumblr culture that they have to stick in their shit situation for years to come and the entire internet will pity them for it and everything will end up okay. It's just not worth it.

>> No.7688215

>>7688199
Why are you suddenly talking about minorities and tumblrites? This is a conversation about abuse. It doesn't even work as a comparison sort of thing, are you retarded or just trying very badly to change the subject?

>> No.7688216

>>7688211
>Mostly, I just want to help other people
Shit-talking people and telling them they deserve their abusive living situation, and then wondering why you're getting insulted in return isn't very helpful, anon.

>> No.7688219
File: 106 KB, 625x468, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>This thread
God damn it seagulls.
Anyway, most of my feels are non CGL related(health insurance bullshit mostly) and getting addresses to mail out invitations to an event. I've got like 50 invites to send out and my husband has a bajillion relatives, get me the addresses already god damn it.

And on the gulls side I wanna be sewing lolita and cosplay, but gotta wait until after September. No point making myself a new skirt since I'm popping out a baby in a few months and don't want to make stuff with shirring/corset lacing that might look weird if my tits blow up more and my waist fluctuating so much in just a few months.

>> No.7688222

It's seriously fucked up to judge other survivors on their exit plans and/or the speed which with they leave. Lack of empathy is a VERY good way to describe some of the shit that you're saying. Get help.

>> No.7688223

>>7688216
I understand perfectly well why people are shit-talking me and I've explained why. It's not some big mystery.

>> No.7688227

>>7688219
>invitations to mystery event
>popping out a babby in months
Wow, what a mystery. You've gotten eloped and you're having a ceremony for your hick relatives to celebrate your stupid baby wailing out of your vagina. Do you not have previous measurements for your waist, or reasonable expectations for post baby weight? It's not exactly rocket science, unwillingness to do anything indicates you're just going to keep hauling around that baby weight. So I would plan for measurements around your current ones, problem solved.

>> No.7688228

>>7688227
Dig the fucking sand out of your vagina, holy shit

>> No.7688229

>>7688222
I've probably been to more therapy than you preachy assholes have. And no, I don't lack empathy, you lack common sense.

>> No.7688235

>>7688227
Dude what? I'm just saying I'd rather wait until after the baby is born because my breasts and stomach are still growing and the costumes I want to make would look better once I drop the baby weight. I don't see the point of making stuff to fit my current measurements when they'll be different in just a few months.

>> No.7688238

>>7688235
They're probably not going to be all that different though. Post-birth women retain most of their weight unless they work very hard to lose it.

>> No.7688242

>>7688238
Yeah, I can understand but like I said, I don't see the point of making stuff to fit my current measurements when I'll have more rapid growth in the next few months. No point in making something to fit me now and not be able to wear it in just a few months, or even possibly drop it afterwards and have to take everything in, ya know?

>> No.7688266

>>7686890
I wasn't the anon that got buttmad, I was just curious because that's the first time I heard of travel being put on a cv

>> No.7688342

>>7687549
The place where I'll probably be working is very strict. You're only excused for funerals of family members or if you are too sick to work.

Things like events, a vacation, school,... aren't valid excuses to them when you only work on weekends. Faking sickness is a no-go because they are eager to send a doctor to verify it.

>> No.7688352

>>7688238
I've read that if you breast feed you lose a bit

>> No.7688358

Why are abusive bad boys so sexy?

>> No.7688368

I just had to threaten my manager over a raise/more hours for the first time and I hate having to do it because she's so nice and she's tried so hard to get me the hours I need. But I've already been dropped 5.5 hours a week, and my bills are going up £25 next month and possibly £50 the month after (rent rise) so I'll be down £150/month. That'll leave me toeing the line, I won't be able to do anything I enjoy any more. No cosplay, no cons. Not that I have time to go to the cinema any more or have a social life anyway thanks to working six days a week (and yet still not full time fuck this).

Wouldn't be as bad if I wasn't a team manager and still earning the same as the under 21s in my team who have worked for the company two years less than me.

On the plus side, the fabric shop here is hiring.

>> No.7688369

>>7688358
>bait
>stirring up more of the abuse topic
>not even a feel

>> No.7688464

>Hyper Japan next Sunday
>Gentle Fox skirt won't be here in time
>Have Ista Mori nun OP coming
>Plan coord
>Get excited
>get dress, try it on
>Damn it's hot
>It's hot as balls
>If I wear this to Hyper Japan I will cook

>Still considering it though

>> No.7688474

>>7688464
The air con at HJ is pretty good, iirc. You'll only have to survive the tube and about five minutes outside.

>> No.7688476

>>7688474
And the train journey there which is a couple of hours on first capital connect, they of wonderfully maintained rolling stock

It's a really good co-ord though. Maybe if I take shorts/tshirt that I can change into if I get overloaded it'll be all okay?

>> No.7688479

>>7688476
Maybe you could travel in normalfag clothes and change into lolita when you get there? The bathrooms at Earls Court 2 are fairly decent.

> First Capital Connect
You poor person.

>> No.7688484

>>7688479
Could do! The dress and petticoat will be bulky to carry though.

Haha yeah, got to go in and out on it six days next week for an internship in London. Pray for anon

>> No.7688489

>>7688484
I vacuum pack my petticoats when I travel. If you get a small vacuum bag you can fold the bag up and put it in your handbag when you change. Or just fold up the petti really small (I can usually fit an outfit in an A4 tote bag if I need to).

Oh man. Where do you live/what terminal do you come into? Commuting sucks; I commute and hour to uni every day and it's so tiring. Moving closer next year, though, yay!

>> No.7688498

>new comm appears in my area
>for no reason as far as I know, the other comm is great and has little to no drama
>whatever, join anyway
>meetup coming up at a restaurant
>head mod reserves private room
>doesn't tell anyone that there's a limit on how many people can can go
>suddenly she tells us we're 5-6 people over the limit and we need to possibly go somewhere else
>wat

Seriously, she's very sweet and all, but she seems kind of naive. If there was an occupancy limit for the room, shouldn't she have mentioned that upfront and limited the number of people who could go? It just seems like bad planning.

>> No.7688806

>>7688102

>telling people to seek help instead of sticking it out is victim blaming.

Im not even that guy, but /cgl/ has reached a new low.
I want to tumblr to leave.

>> No.7688853

I'm so fucking pissed right now, /cgl/

My boyfriend's mom is sick because she's malnourished because she doesn't buy enough food even though they have plenty of money for food.

My boyfriend gets a meal MAYBE once a week. He subsists on bread, and whatever food I bring him. He's hypoglycemic, so sometimes he has to eat sugar straight from the dish because there's nothing else in the house to eat, and he'll pass out and get sick if he doesn't get some sugar in his system.

His mom went to the hospital today because she's sick because of an iron deficiency. These people eat less than some of my friends below the poverty level eat. She left him and his brother at their landlord's house (the BF works for them, maintaining their yard and shit) for HOURS with nothing to eat, because she made herself sick.

I don't know what to do anymore, but I HATE this woman. It's all because she insists on buying only organics, so she hardly buys anything because the shit she buys costs 3x more, and she has to drive an hour out of the way to get it.

If I bring normal food into the house, she's scoffing and scolding me, but fucking hell, I have to make sure he eats!

I'm so angry with her, and I don't know what to do about it, because we won't be able to move out for another year or so.

Their cat was also starving, because they'd feed the two cats when one was outside (only one goes outside, the other is inside all the time) and the inside cat eats both shares of food. I can feel this poor cat's bones, so now every time I'm there I have to feed her so she actually gets to eat.

Why is a 20-year-old taking care of a 45-year-old's children and pets? Why is she such a fucking selfish piece of shit?

>> No.7688875

>>7684828

Be fatty Mac fat fat.
Fat jokes all day er day.
Cut out all carbs starve myself for
months become skeleton tier.
Now its skinny jokes all day er day.
I can't win. Also I am a dude and my ass and theigs lost no weight so now I have child bearing hips and a fucking hourglass figure.

>> No.7688880

>>7688086
I'm going to have to agree with this anon.

When my dad hit me, I left at 3 in the morning wearing a tshit, no bra, and a pair of booty shorts in the middle of winter. I sat with a police officer for an hour, he called a friend for me, and my friend picked me up.

A phone, debit card, and keys are easily replaceable.
Your mental health should be much more valuable.

>> No.7688889

>>7688073
Maybe I'm just a cold-hearted bitch, but I'd tell him to go ahead and do it then, because I'll be better off without you no matter how I go about it.

>> No.7688896

> You will never be a frilly girl who can wear pretty dresses
> Instead your a hairy Black Smith wih a beard

Bleh. Also i was curious, do lolitas ever have a need for wrought iron decorations? Not stupid huge 50lb swirl but small trinkets or designs that can hang like a necklace or adorn the hair/wig/whatever you have up there. Ive been experimenting with hair combs and they fucking lock into place like a fro pick

>> No.7688900

>>7688880
My dad came really close to hitting me in one of his rages (anger issues which he never takes his medication for) so I ran into my room, locked the door, and called my boyfriend to tell him I might be over in a few minutes. I started working the screen out of my window, ready to fucking run for it.

I don't understand why people wait around. He never even actually hit me. He came back and apologized through my locked door and went to bed, but I'm still on edge every time he gets angry. If he ever lays a hand on me, I'm out of here.

>> No.7688918
File: 38 KB, 427x320, 1371861364654[1].jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7688896
You should try making something to go with Iron Gate, it would be perfect.

>> No.7688928

>>7688918
My thats pretty. Does it happen to have a belt accessory? Would be super easy to do carve into a belt buckle the London Tower or some odd thing. I guess for a hair pin/comb i could just do a matching gate

>> No.7688930
File: 86 KB, 636x423, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7688896
Do what makes you happy anon. I think it's super cute when unexpected demographics truly enjoy hobbies/fashion.

>> No.7688932

>>7687975
This anon again. I want to say seriously, like others have, not every situation is the same.

What made my situation hard to get out of is that I could go to no one. I could've potentially faced jail time or heavy fines for reporting the abuse.

I made some stupid choices when I was younger but I don't regret waiting a few months instead of potential jail. I wouldn't wait a year, that's ridiculous, I was only waiting for an opportunity that wouldn't leave me beaten half to death. But sometimes the cops can't always help.

>> No.7688934

>>7688853
I suggest you call Animal control or find another home for the pets, and call CPS. If no one there is under the age of 18, I suggest you looking for homing opportunities for young adults who can not get on their feet by themselves.
If you cant do either of those, I would take a look at your situation and see if there is a way you can move your boyfriend and his brother into your home.

If I were you I would talk to a child abuse hotline to help you in your situation. Id also love to talk to you more to understand this.

>> No.7688940

>>7688930
> that old man

Jesus fucking christ

>> No.7688942

>>7688934
I forgot to add, since your boyfriend is over the age of 18 (I assume)
he can apply for Food stamps (Assuming this is the US)
Food stamps will be given to him if he qualifies, also, he can look at food banks + soup kitchens.
Your situation is not totally helpless.
I wish I knew what state and country you lived in to offer more help.
I hope youre still lurking

>> No.7688951

>>7688934
His brother is only 11. I'm taking care of the cats, I'm there almost every day anyway, but my boyfriend doesn't seem to understand why I get so angry about this. He says that he loves his mom no matter what, and that's stupid bullshit.

She's literally starving herself, her children, and her pets.

But, my parents hate my boyfriend. Babby's first boy, and they think that he should have a "real" job (even though he's making $8.25/hr at the landlords') and he's just all wrong for me.

I can't call CPS. He'd hate me for it. But there isn't anything that I can do that I'm not already doing.

He /could/ go live with his dad, but he hates his stepsiblings and stepmother (who are in fact terrible people so I can't blame him), but he'd be well-fed and have more opportunities for work because it's in town, whereas his current home is in the boonies.

We just had a huge argument over this and he's pissed about it, he's not talking to me because i told him his mother is a piece of shit dirtbag (in nicer words).

We live in Pennsylvania, and because he lives under the roof with his parents and doesn't pay rent, while his family makes more than enough, he can't get food stamps without lying about the household income.

>> No.7688955

>>7688942
This. Also, there are a lot of animal rescue groups all over the US that would more than likely donate cat food to you to help feed that poor kitty.

It's one thing not to feed your adult children (it's super duper shitty, still) because they can fend for themselves if they must, but when you starve young children and/or pets that's something else entirely.

This lady isn't just a selfish bitch, she's an evil monster.

>> No.7688957

>>7688951
>>7688955

Ooookay this is just great, he just essaged me saying, "She's got two rumors"

Which I can only assume he meant "tumors" since she was just at the hospital.

So now I'm the asshole.

>> No.7688960

>>7688957
Cancer that she didn't even know about isn't an excuse for being a shitty person and starving her kids and pets.

I'd seriously send that as a reply to him. Fucking stockholm syndrome

>> No.7688966

>>7688960
It's not cancer, they're benign uterine tumors, but they're why she was anemic in the first place.

Thank god it's not cancer. She's awful but I don't wish cancer or death on anyone.

Still, I can't continue my conversation with him now. Not now that his mom's got tumors in her gooch.

>> No.7688967

>>7688966
Ah, but, she'll have to have her entire uterus removed.

God fucking damn it.

I'll be back after work, if any anons have any other advice for me. I really appreciate it.

>> No.7688968

>>7688957
>>7688951
Okay, well.
Im sorry to say, but to be blunt you really need to suck it up and call CPS.
He may hate you, but you really need to consider the wellbeing of his brother, himself, and his cat.
You're right, since he isnt paying rent, food stamps is not an option.
But, it looks likeliving with his mom isnt his last option.
I feel like whats going on is hes being abused (shes not feeding him) but he cant live to leave her.
Its a common thing people get with their abusers.
I understand you not wanting to call CPS, because currently Im in a similar situation with abuse and being faced with if I should call CPS, but you have to way out the negatives.
Is him staying there worth it?
Als, youre not an asshole.
What kind of tumors?
>>7688955
Youre right, I didnt think of that.

>> No.7688972

>>7688968
Fibroid tumors, two really big ones, apparently.

>> No.7688984

>>7688968
This is something I recommend since your boyfriend is over 18.
http://www.masternet.org/Young-Adult-Independent-Living-Programs/Philadelphia-Pennsylvania-PA/
As far as things go, if he applies for that, you need to call CPS for his brother.
Tech, right now, you can call CPS and say someone at the Hospital did.
Dont bring it up, wait for him to.
He will think someone at the hospital saw she had kids in her record, see how she is, and got concerned for her kids wellbeing.

>> No.7689001

>>7688984
Also, for the cats:
http://www.humanesociety.org/animals/resources/tips/trouble_affording_pet.html?credit=web_id91375398#Pennsylvania

>> No.7689024
File: 115 KB, 420x380, fuck me in the titty.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>1 week until Con
>cosplay going along pretty great, feel good about it, might finish it a bit ahead of time too!
>moving to new apartment at the same time too
>no internet working in the new apartment
>shit neighbour who shits on everything
>gotta fly to a different city for like 1 day and then drive back home in the same day
>ldr boyfriend acting weird
>sewing machine breaks

i could've dealt with all of this fine until the sewing machine broke and everything just started piling up

>> No.7689106

>tfw awful at making small talk
>tfw can never bridge the gap between acquaintances and real friends
>tfw how do i into friends?

>> No.7689169

>tfw invited for a teaparty
>tfw there will be tv-people shooting
>tfw you're afraid your face will look ugly on film
>tfw normally your face in the mirror looks okay

>> No.7689176

>>7688880
You do realize that the person to which you are referring got out right? Like they aren't in that situation anymore.

>> No.7689308

>>7688960
Yeah, exactly. I bet anything she milks the fuck out of is though, evil bitches always do.

>> No.7689334

>>7688853
>I'm so angry with her, and I don't know what to do about it, because we won't be able to move out for another year or so.
Oh great more of this shit. Why doesn't your boyfriend buy food though? no car? please get help anon, I don't think your boyfriends feefees are more important than kids and pets starving. He could also really hurt himself and make himself sick int he long run, eating sugar out of a bowl isn't good for hypoglycemia (IIRC)
Kind of unrelated but it really annoys me when I see friends and kids on tumblr complaining about how much they hate living at home and can't wait to move out, or even how abusive their parents are, but then when they turn 18 they can't afford to move out because they've spent all their paychecks on retarded anime figures, cosplay, and lolita.

>> No.7689360

>>7689106
I'm horrible at small talk, too, anon. Also, I have a really direct and sometimes crass personality. Also I'm pretty damn happy most of the time and enthusiastic, which leads to a lot of people thinking I'm a fake bitch.

I'm really not fake. I'm genuinely that happy most of the time, and I get excited about stuff easily.

>tfw all my close friends are dudes
>tfw I try really hard to befriend girls
>tfw I like girls but they don't like me

Feels bad, man

>> No.7689371

>>7689334
Im the same anon as:
>>7689001
>>7688984
>>7688968
>>7688942
>>7688934
Ive been lurking waiting for this girl to get back, but I do agree with you. I dont understand much here. He has a job, (8.25 an hour) she says, why no food?
His options to get out are very very open.
I dont understand this.

>> No.7689386

>>7689371
Maybe her parents are right and he is a loser, lol.
It sounds like a steady job, too.

>> No.7689400

>>7689386
You may just be right.
From what shes told us he:
>has a job (Aka money for food)
>can live with other family (but doesnt because he doesnt like stepfamily which I think is insane) food is more important
>has the right reasons to call CPS and doesnt

Im starting to call bullshit on this entire situation.

>> No.7689705

>>7689334
Agree with this. If a person is old enough to care for themselves so also buy food it's weird how this can happen. Well i have no car but i have feet so i can use them unless this family lives like in a desert.

>> No.7689726

>>7689400
He's either dumb/stockholm syndrome or she's blowing this situation out of proportion. Or he's an asshole willing to let kids and pets starve. Or maybe her boyfriend lies so she'll bring him sammiches, who knows.

>> No.7689755

tfw you're mom thinks that just because you're home from uni she can boss you around and control everything you do and you kind of believe it too.

She's pulling some shit with my birthday (I asked for some money for the BtssB store opening and soiree) I have money from my job of course, but a little extra wouldn't hurt. She keeps saying yes and then no and I just want a straight answer. But now... Now she thinks she can dictate where I go. No, I'm a fucking adult. Sure, I'm a young adult at that, but an adult. She keeps saying, "You expect me to allow you to go into the city!?" and I can't yell back at her because she's my mom. Also, men beware you're delicate reading eyes, but I got my period today and I got violently ill... Well she says I should be able to control that myself and that it's just another reason to not let me do anything... What? No. So I got upset and started crying (I honestly don't know why, but there's never been a time I HAVEN'T cried on the first day of my period) and she got even more upset because I was crying and basically shit went down.

>> No.7689758

>>7689755
**your mom, not you're. Fuck me. It happens several times, I'm just really upset right now and can't grammar.

>> No.7689769

>>7689755
Yeah, that's bullshit. My mom is kind of like that too, not letting me do things I obviously do all the time in college, like walk around by myself or travel.
Anyway, I would always find excuses to stay home during the summer. "Oh I need to get a job for experience..." "oh, I really need to take this summer class to bump my GPA up" etc

>> No.7689773

>tfw no friends

>> No.7689810

>>7689769
Yeah, if I didn't have my job I would go insane from spending so much time at home. One of my mother's life goals is to make me as stressed as possible, I swear.

>> No.7689813
File: 36 KB, 426x341, 1399742174909.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I was inadvertently flirting with a new gay coworker that barely started working here a week ago

>dude is skinny, has small shoulders, and a bby face so he'd make a good crossdresser

Man, I need to stop thinking about these things

>> No.7689820

>>7686171
I'm going to be there too. Not sure what I'm going to wear yet, since it's the middle of July and I'm going to have to take my clothes off to change.

>> No.7689825

>>7689755
Quit bitching.

>> No.7689831

>>7688086
Wow, calm the fuck down anon. The world doesn't belong to you.

>> No.7689847

>>7689773
same

>> No.7689896

>>7688211
You are not helping anyone and I would not want you as a volunteer at an abuse center. You are in no position mentally to help anyone. You yourself are using abusive language toward victims of abuse because they didn't use your Hail Mary method of escape.

Let me put one thing on the table for you: you got lucky. You got very very lucky and I commend you for escaping the situation but you got lucky. Statistically, other women have gotten murdered. That's what happens to a lot of people who leave so your condescending bullshit and minimization of their fear isn't helping anyone. You don't know their situation. End this conversation right now. I hope you get help dealing with the aftermath of this. Again, I'm happy you escaped. Sage for severely offtopic.

>> No.7689964

>>7689360
You sound exactly like me, honestly. I'm pretty straight-forward, which puts people off, and I'm usually really peppy, too, which in my experience leads girls to think you're fake and guys to think you're hitting on them just because you're friendly. Ugh. We'll get better at friends someday, anon, I believe in us.

>> No.7689992

>>7689896
Right, because it's a lot more helpful to tell other victims if they leave, they will DIE. Who the fuck are you? I wouldn't want to see you volunteering at an abuse shelter, either.
And this conversation ended last night, thanks for bringing it up again, moron.

>> No.7690063

>>7689360
Same boat as you, although, with girls, I have had one of two things happen to me:

1.) I get taken advantage of for rides, outings, dinners, etc.
2.) Rather just be acquaintances/just another Facebook friend.

Just recently, I developed a friendship that turned into "best friend" status because our mutual understanding of each other and because our personalities, although opposite, complement for what we lack.

>> No.7690077

>>7690063
Aww, good for you, anon!
I haven't had a best friend since highschool and I'm 26 right now. I've just sort of accepted that "best friends" are not all that easy to find once you get older.
Though, my boyfriend is definitely my best friend, but it would be nice to have a female BFF too.

>> No.7690126

>>7690077
Aww, thanks. <3
Oh hell yeah, totes with you there with having the boyfriend as a best friend. My boyfriend is my best friend too, but sometimes, there are things that I gotta talk to someone else. I lucked out with mine because we are together in the workplace.

>> No.7690168

>>7689992
You have very poor reading comprehension. Other anon was saying that while YOU managed to escape, many other people do not have the means to escape their situations and in some situations are killed by their abusers because of this.

You don't recognize the fact that every situation is different and yours happened to be one with the option for escape. Not everyone has that, and even people who may have it in the future don't necessarily have it immediately.

>> No.7690186

>>7689334
>>7689371
>>7689400

He lives in the boonies, I'm the one of us with a car between us, and rent is expensive here because it's a college town.

I make ~$600/month, but he hasn't been able to get a job because there's nothing close enough to him and his parents waited until he turned 18 to get him his permit, so he doesn't have a license yet. His stepdad takes all the money he makes at the landlord's for "rent." He gets to keep almost none of it. I have my own medical bills to pay for, so I end up only having ~$300/month after that, which I then have to pay for gas out of as well, and then I help him with food. I'm saving up slowly, but with all the shit going wrong with my own health it's a bit difficult.

He's going for his driver's test at the end of the month, so with any luck he'll have a real-life job by August, and we hope that once that happens we'll be able to save up and get out of there by next summer.

All of this has been a very recent issue, since his mom finished grad school in the spring. Before that she was so sweet, always making big meals for everyone and inviting me for dinner and everything. Now she's got nothing to do, so she sits around and is lazy.

He relies on his parents to take him to the landlords' to work (they live really close by, so he can bike over if need be) but they're a 20 minute drive from anywhere else so they can't be bothered to drive him anywhere else. He's got applications in at a few places, and they told him to just call when he had a reliable ride to work and he'd have a job.

I'm thinking that I might just take the cat. They have food for her, they just feed her when she's not inside so she doesn't get any. I have three other cats of my own but I think I can handle a fourth.

He's not just a douche, I've watched this develop over two years. It's like his parents just gave up on him because he's just an average guy. His mom was traveling the world by like 17, and they want it for him, but he doesn't want it.

>> No.7690231
File: 592 KB, 589x661, 938492.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>was gonna buy a new dress and saved for it
>goes to a trip to cousin's 16th birthday party
>Hated it
>gets it over with, plans to stay in Aunt's house for the rest of the trip
>Aunt wants to go kayaking
>fuck no
>gets dragged anyway brings 3ds and phone for entertainment while waiting for family to do stupid shit
>get there sits on dock as family talks to the people to get their boat
>playing games, under shade, no problem
>Cousin comes over says I have to go on boat
>lmao no
>She says I have to because my aunt paid
>fuck
>Mother took bag, goes in boat with my aunt and someone else
>Goes in boat with annoying cousin
>DOES ALL THE WORK IN THE FUCKING BOAT
>goes passed Aunt's boat, relieved that it's gonna end soon
>Wonders why Aunt hasn't caught up. Turns around
>Sees everyone in the water
>My fucking phone and 3ds
>everything was broken
>get to shore wanting to kill my aunt
>I need to pay for all damages not her
>all my money gone
>Still paying off phone debt and sent in my 3ds for repairs and its about 150

Mfw

Atleast I don't have any cons to go to till next spring (probably not going to NYCC)

>> No.7690376
File: 403 KB, 225x118, 1405201353696.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7688464
can i ask what shopping service you used for your NP OP? I'm still waiting for mine from loli loli paradise (usfag here though, so that might be the reason)

>> No.7690501

>>7690186
so hes just a loser

>> No.7690507

>>7690168
>don't have the means
Bitch, please. I was 14, living in the middle of the country and barely had any money to my name. So don't give me that bullshit about "means," it's just excuses. What, do you need a ferrari and a down payment on a house?

>> No.7690537

>>7689896
I wasn't lucky, you fucking moron. I was far from lucky. Don't demean my experience and my struggle just because you can't comprehend it, you useless person.
Luck doesn't even exist, which you'd know if you remotely knew what the fuck you were talking about. But instead, you're trying to pat yourself on the back and assuage your own ego while giving people in bad situations horrible advice. You're scum. I'm so glad I didn't know anyone like you when I was in real trouble, because I'd be dead by now.

>> No.7690566

>>7690537
Maybe that would've been for the best. Clearly your years since escaping the situation haven't gifted you with very much maturity, so what's the point in having been given them?

>> No.7690580

>>7690566
Wow, so much sympathy you have for abused people. Because I don't agree with you, I should have been killed? That's actually what you're going to say to me right now?
That's why I think this way, because of stupid fucks like you. You don't really want to get out, and you don't really want to help other people. You want to revel in your victimhood and get asspats assuring you that's the only way to live. You want to feel pitied, you want sympathy, you want to be told that you did your best and you had no other option and anyone who says otherwise is a gross victim-blamer and would be better off dying at the hands of their abusers. All you want is pity, and to forever live in your victim mentality.
>so what's the point in having been giving them?
The fucking freedom of a human being, you utter piece of shit. You can't see the inherent value in that? That's just sad.

>> No.7690598

>>7690566
Freedom doesn't just mean freedom for people you agree with, you complete moron. It means freedom for EVERYONE.
I don't even have words to describe you, a person who thinks just because someone is saying something they don't agree with they deserve to be killed at the hands of an abusive family member. Rot in hell you piece of shit, and I mean that metaphorically because I'm not enough of a degenerate to wish that upon anyone. I hope you get out, and live the consequences of your actions in some other meaningful way.
And don't tell mean you didn't mean it either, you faggot. You're up there with the crowd that likes to tell suicidal anons to go an hero because they won't be missed. Telling me everything I struggled so fucking hard for was "luck" and I deserve to die because you don't like my opinion, you're scum on the pond of humanity.
I hope you get out, and grow up.

>> No.7690711
File: 474 KB, 705x485, 1405055165328.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I want to do so many things.

I want to cosplay this and that, I want to get these video games, I want to buy all of this and plan ahead for events and cons, etc.

But I can't, for the life of me, ever get myself to actually do anything. I always think about it and plan but never actually put those plans into motion, because... I don't know, I'm so deathly afraid of fucking up that I don't even bother, I guess. So I just sit on by and months and months pass until I realize what a useless piece of shit I am.

>> No.7690715
File: 1.64 MB, 278x277, 1374710802100.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Been trying to lose weight for a couple years.
>Asthma + ballet injury made it so nothing really stuck with me
>Find a gym with a pool.
>Whatever I'll try it.
>Able to swim for a long time
>Get matched with random personal trainer
>She also had asthma before she got fit and had surgery on her knee.
>She knows exactly how to help me through her experiences.
>Even able to do some cardio on the machines easier because I just also feel better and know I have another option if my knee starts to hurt or I begin having an asthma attack.
>Finally like going to the gym and working out.
>Really excited about not having to wear shape wear under my cosplays probably by early next year.

>> No.7690725

>just moved to new state
>looking forward to start my own small business
>am a lazy piece of shit
>do no work and piss around 4chan all day
I do this every.fucking.time. This is probably the third time I've tried to ~go into business for myself!~ only to realize I'm an incompetent and lazy worthless piece of shit.
It feels really bad, I've had so much time I could have been working on cosplay or lolita and I've done none of it. I really just sit in bed or on the couch all day doing fucking nothing. I don't even do anything useful online like spam my cosplay pics I just.. shitpost here. Why am I such a lazy worthless fuck? Why?!?! I know I'm more than capable of making a ton of money but with no one telling me what to do I just waste my life, fuck.

>> No.7690745

>>7689360
Man, I have the exact opposite problem as you, anon.
On the outside, I act all peppy and happy and nice, but I'm actually an envious bitch who constantly insults and wishes terrible things on people in my head.
I think my friends are beginning to realize that I'm fake as fuck, and they're slowly starting to exclude me from their group.
I'm absolutely pathetic, because I honestly just want friends who care about me and love me, but I try so hard to make them by pretending to be someone that I'm not that they avoid me. Then, in order to make myself feel better, I insult others in my head and curse them, blaming everything on everyone but myself.

Tl;dr: I'm whiny and pathetic, how do I stop being whiny and pathetic?

>> No.7690761

>>7690745
Oh, I forgot to add, I constantly lie about my opinion on things in order to make people feel better (well, more accurately, make people think I'm nice). I'll compliment things that I think look/are terrible, give very vague statements or just plain lie about things if you ask my opinion on them, ect. I'm never honest about anything.

>> No.7690777
File: 31 KB, 462x416, cf1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>bf about to embark on track to a very lucrative career
>getting an apartment soon
>helping him move in
>finally on bc
>bf offers to trade burando for exploiting me sexually
>mfw

>> No.7690835

>>7690745
Are you me anon? I'm the exact same

>> No.7690863

When I see people that have just started cosplaying easily make friends left and right at cons, I get extremely jealous.
I've barely made any real friends within the community over the past 4 years. I've grown tired of always being the first one to say hi at cons and having to reintroduce myself because no one recognizes me to the point that I stopped trying and just let people I "know" pass me like it's nothing.

I'm pretty sure 90% of the reason why is because of how clique-y the group of friends I go to cons with are (they don't cosplay and are pretty casual for the most part) and I hate it. It's hard to break away from them and talk to new people without them standing right behind me and questioning my actions. I just want to make cosplay friends within the community but feel like it's too late and so many groups are just forming around me....

>> No.7690895

Being ugly sucks

>> No.7690900

>>7690895
You're beautiful to me.

>> No.7690917

>>7690900
Hue

>> No.7690930

>>7688940
>being this new

>> No.7690940

>>7690537
Wow, not the anon you were talking to, but you sound like a real asshole. Whatever you went through left you with no soul. Please go back to whatever therapy you were doing because you're obviously not well yet.

>> No.7690970

>>7690940
Way to beat a dead horse

>> No.7690972

Literally all of the problems in my life have been solved in the past ~8 hours and things are looking up for me more than they have in years. Incredible.

>> No.7690996

>>7690972
explain. that sounds way too interesting to leave us in the dark

>> No.7691027

>>7690996
The opportunity finally arose for me to call the police on my abusive live-in ex, they've been taken into custody and are being released to a family member far away from me when they get out. My lease is also ending so I'm going to move back in with my parents, meaning I'll finally be able to get the psych care I need for depression etc and I'll also be able to put my entire $1100 scholarship housing stipend into savings each month since I won't be paying rent or for food. On top of all that, I'll finally be able to reconnect with all my old friends from high school and the local convention after having to be away from them for so long.

It's been an awful situation for so long and now I'm finally getting away from it, I can't even believe my life is actually turning around now.

>> No.7691048

>>7690711
Are you me, anon
In my head I have all these wild plans and adventures but that's mostly where they stay because I'm scared of sucking and failing at learning something

On a semi-related note:
I started playing the flute a few days ago and obviously I suck, but my bf keeps pointing it out and saying the bad playing bothers him. But I have nowhere else to play because then the neighbors complain and it rains nearly every day here so I can't practice in the park. And if I don't practice, I will keep sucking.

>> No.7691052

>>7689169
Same here, I look like a bridge troll in pictures and on camera but in the mirror I look okay.
Please let the cameras be wrong and not the mirror

>> No.7691159

>>7690715
congrats anon! just remember to keep at it! Go on the days you don't feel like going. and never skip leg day

>> No.7691173

>Work as a caretaker of two lovely children as summer job
>Little boy gives his twin sister a rare pokemon card and didn't know it's worth
>For some reason wants me to look it up so I do because whatever, it's a one time thing
>Gets pissed off at twin sister about the card he gave her because she won't give it back
>I have to side with the sister because it isn't cool to take back something you gave
>Little boy throws temper tantrum and I have to reprimand him once
>Things are ok and plays Pokemon with his sister
>Little boy then keeps asking me the rarity of his cards and up my butt while he was battling his sister
>We are going to the card shop later today
>I finally tell him to stop asking me about the cards and that it's best to just take the cards he's wondering about with him to the card shop because I'm not looking up info on this all morning
>Asks me again when the card shop opens for the umphteenth time and I tell him if he doesn't quit it we're not going to the card shop

I love these two children to death, but even my patience wears thin sometimes.

>> No.7691180

>In debt
>No money
>Barely making rent right now
>Still going to convention next month because it's the only thing I have to look forward to.

If money could grow on trees...or more hours could fall from the sky.

>> No.7691194

>buying off brand stuff
>only going into the store with a rough game plan of what I need
>take a few stabs in the dark
>get home and realise the stuff is a great match for my wardrobe
>fuck yeah
>don't know if fluke or if my sense of style is improving

>> No.7691195

>>7690725
Do it.

>> No.7691216
File: 83 KB, 220x161, cool David.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7690231
>bringing your electronics anywhere near the water
>letting your mom bring your bag with electronics into a boat
>mfw city kid plebs

Tbh I learned this one the hard way when I had a Tamagotchi on a lanyard around my neck as a kid, forgot about it, and drowned it by accident in a lake at our family cottage. But yeah, leave that shit on the shore. Sorry for your loss though.

>> No.7691218

>>7690745
Maybe talk to a therapist/counsellor? I think you've got some insecurities and bitterness issues... kind of hard to be a good friend to others when you're faking being the person you assume they'll like, and you secretly resent people.

Gotta love yourself first.

>> No.7691222

>>7690725
Some people are not capable of being self-employed. Not because they're inherently bad people, but because they need to be be held accountable for their work. It might be time for you to acknowledge that you're one of these people, and think about getting a job where you work under someone else.

>> No.7691260

>wants to be a Lolita
>don't know anything about fashion
>man
>have the most manliest of faces
>Big shoulders don't help either
>feel bad, man

>> No.7691264

>Be Asian
>chubby
>want to be a good cosplayer, make friends, get photographers to shoot pictures
>no boobs for it or the body because that's all people pay attention to now

>want to get into lolita
>not generic-tiny-Asian enough
>too broke because college kid

>want to makeup well
>face is too babyish and everything I've tried with tutorials makes me look like I'm trying too hard or a whore

>> No.7691271

>wear jfash and lolita
>have upbeat personality
>play ukulele
>male friend tells me I'm the perfect manic pixie dream girl
WHAT HAVE I BECOME?!

>> No.7691275

>>7691271
Drop the ukulele. No good can come of playing it.

>> No.7691301
File: 955 KB, 300x162, 1404423546776.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>find something really cute on Closet Child
>hesitate
>come back next day, determined to buy it
>it's gone

Bonus:
>a week later, on tumblr
>blouseless noob in cosplay wig and ratty converse posts bathroom selfie of babby's first burando
>mfw it's the dress I wanted

>> No.7691308

>>7691048
Buy your boyfriend some earplugs or head phones and tell him to be a little more supportive. I assume you pay rent for your place, too, and are allowed to practice where you need to. Good luck, and I hope you stick with it, anon.

>> No.7691314

>>7691275
Aww, I really love it though. I like to play the Bob's Burgers theme when I feel sad.

>> No.7691321

>>7691260
Also manly men can be brolitas, if done right!

>> No.7691338

>>7691048
>I started playing the flute a few days ago and obviously I suck, but my bf keeps pointing it out

Woah, what? If you just started playing a couple days ago, why does he expect you to be good? I used to play flute, and it takes a substantial amount of time to get used to it and get good at playing. If he brings it up again, I'd just hand him the flute and tell him that if he thinks you suck so bad, that you'd like to see him give it a shot. Keep practising. If he keeps giving you hell for it, you might wanna consider leaving him, or at least sit down and have a serious talk about it. That's bullshit and you shouldn't have to put up with someone who won't support you, even in the little things. No excuse for that kind of douchey behavior in a relationship.

>> No.7691343

My boyfriend is seriously underestimating how bad my social anxiety is when he's not around. This morning he promised to pick up some groceries on his way home but I just got a text saying "I'll be a lot later than expected, could you pick up some stuff instead?". The store closes in an hour. I need 10-15 minutes to work up the courage to even leave the house and much more if I have to go to a busy store and interact with a cashier. Normally it's not a huge problem because I'm mentally prepared but when I'm blindsided like this I panic.
I know he doesn't understand this and I don't blame him, but I feel so pathetic. Especially since if I don't do this, we won't have anything to eat.

Sorry for sounding so tumblr but if I post it there people will start telling me my boyfriend is oppressive scum or some shit, and that's not true at all.

>> No.7691367
File: 129 KB, 600x436, df233b41-ff8d-4ebc-ab58-8bc262103.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7691027
Congratulations, anon. it's always good to see a feel good story in a feels thread and

>> No.7691385

I wish I had the strength to kill myself

>> No.7691388

I'm getting so fed up that everyone at work keeps insisting I've lost a ton of weight. I'm the exact same weight I've been for the past two years, where I got over an eating disorder. If they keep talking about my weight so much, I'm afraid I'm going to slip back into it.

I'm 166cm and 55kg, so I'm pretty slim but not underweight. Annoyingly, I work with my mother who is telling everyone I've lost weight recently.

I'm just trying to eat healthy and not worry about food/weight/calories, it's super hard not to think about it when it's all they shove in my face.

>> No.7691396

>>7691173
You should let his parents know you're going with him for that reason. They might notice his cards are gone and won't be very happy

>> No.7691416

A couple of my most adored friends have recently started making a lot of SJW comments on a lot of things. It makes me worried about some cosplays I had planned.
I'm as white as the moon and have been excited to start working on the cosplay of a black character. I wasn't gonna change my skin colour since my skin is pretty sensitive to most products, but I specifically saw a really good friend of mine commenting on how it's wrong for white people to cosplay black characters, skin-darkening make-up or not.

I'm also big into horror and have a lot of horror cosplays planned. Some are very gorey and now I'm worried of being shunned because of potential trigger warnings.

I get more and more insecure about myself and my cosplays every day. It's a sad feel /cgl/.

>> No.7691418
File: 388 KB, 500x281, CZUMUYA.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7691314
Do whatever the fuck you want.
Srsly.

>> No.7691426

>>7691216
I think her mom took her bag hostage, which is why I didn't give her any shit for it.

>> No.7691430
File: 5 KB, 645x773, I+too+know+that+feel+_f888debb947ec223bd4a9d755606f9a7[1].png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7691385

>> No.7691440

>>7691216
>>7691426
Same anon with the kayaking story, yeah she did. They really wanted me to go so she took my bag so I didn't grab it back and went to the car or something. I thought it was in good hands but it turned out my crazy fucking aunt go out of the water to go "swimming" and when she went to go back in the boat, it tipped when she put all her weight on it.

>> No.7691445

>>7691416
what fuck that just cosplay them and don't go around your friends or block them from your picture posts

>> No.7691459
File: 944 KB, 1280x720, 1403200034867.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>tfw summer is the shittiest season for anything clothing-related because it's constantly 85-90 degrees outside
>too hot to wear good lolita without sweating or feeling like crap
>humidity kills hair to the point where I just keep it up 24/7
>have to wear tans or short sleeves with shorts
>started cycling and now I'm starting to get that cyclist leg tan

>> No.7691462

>>7691459
>tans
Fuck autocorrect, tanks

>> No.7691473
File: 148 KB, 640x640, 926638_1482776918615376_1164480661_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7691459
why does everyone hate tans? i go in the sun as much as possible and usually find people with skin like pic related to be the most attractive ones.

>> No.7691480

>>7691473
>>7691462
wait...
i'm retarded

>> No.7691529

>>7691416
Darling, your friend is an asshole. It's perfectly ok to cosplay any character you want regardless of skin color. If you're worried about tumblr just tag your shit ok?

>> No.7691554

>>7691473
Personal preferences on skin color aside, I'd say the reason people hate them is that tanning ages your skin.

>> No.7691557

>>7691554
also skin cancer

>> No.7691559

>>7691554
Well yeah if you don't use sunscreen and go full leather couch mode

>> No.7691578

>>7691559
Tans are a reaction to damage. Mildly tanning once or twice isn't going to turn you into a leather bag or give you cancer but there is no safe way to tan, and the term "healthy tan" is bullshit. That's like saying you can get decorative scarification without damaging your skin, it's not possible.

I actually like the look of slightly suntanned skin, especially with honey blonde hair and very light eyes. But I know that those surfers who look super hot in their twenties are going to have serious wrinkles and age spots at 50. You could say it adds character.
Obviously skin cancer isn't fun though.

>> No.7691584

>>7691440
You sound like a fucking bitch. Bringing your 3ds while your family goes on a cool outdoor adventure? And you planned on ignoring them the whole time and not participating.

You honestly kinda deserved it. Karma for being such a lame ass.

>> No.7691590

>>7691584
different anon, my family used to take my sister and I to the outdoors every summer for the entirety of the summer. Which was great, but sometimes you need a break from family. Especially if you have super obnoxious family like mine.
You don't know the itinerary of the entire trip so don't be so quick to judge.

>> No.7691597

>>7691584
>if you don't like what I like, you deserve to have hundreds of dollars of electronics destroyed!
Sure, anon sounds like a surly teenager. But she didn't deserve that.

I also don't enjoy stuff like kayaking or going to noisy parties, with family or otherwise, and they respect that. I don't pressure them into doing things they don't want to do and they don't pressure me into things I don't want to do. That's how family should be, in my opinion.

>> No.7691629

>>7691388

Did you start dressing better?
Sometimes dressing to body-type can make a world of difference as to how your weight is perceived.
Either that, or your co-workers are near-sighted.

>> No.7691634
File: 1.99 MB, 298x280, aca7b16c6c3ced70a50a08b5d1bd645e.jpg.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Buy another sewing machine following a seagull advice. It so much better than my shitty singer.

Thanks cgl/

>> No.7691734

>>7691578
Well, I'm not afraid of wrinkles. As for the cancer thing, I always use sunscreen and never go in the sun for longer than one hour at a time.

>> No.7692046

>>7690231
Fuck that, I'd make the aunt pay for it. Her fault it's ruined. They could have just waited for you to run it back to the car.

>> No.7692135

I had a teacher in high school who asked me why i was so pale and if had some illness, it was a very rude thing to say, not everyone has a tan or not so pale white complexion, some people like me is ghostly pale and getting too much sun can only badly damage my skin, i don't give a fuck if people in summer says it's weird if a person isn't a bit tanned, i hate sea and getting tans.
I love tan skin when it's natural, especially with totally black hair but i dislike fake tanned people, it looks always so unnatural.

>> No.7692139

>>7691578
>I had a teacher in high school who asked me why i was so pale and if had some illness, it was a very rude thing to say, not everyone has a tan or not so pale white complexion, some people like me is ghostly pale and getting too much sun can only badly damage my skin, i don't give a fuck if people in summer says it's weird if a person isn't a bit tanned, i hate sea and getting tans.
>I love tan skin when it's natural, especially with totally black hair but i dislike fake tanned people, it looks always so unnatural.
(post again because i forgot to quote)

>> No.7692299

>>7691584

Yea, pretty much this.

You have a family who does stuff together and is blessed enough to go on family trips.Yet you want to sit in the corner playing on your phone.

That's bullshit, I hope you realize soon and grow up.

>> No.7692854

This might be a long one
All started right after High School. Started CC and tried looking for a job. Actually, I started back when I was in High School, but no luck at all. At first things go great. Enjoying my classes, got a girlfriend I genuinely liked, and hanging out with friends, no job though. At the time I was living with my dad and brother. Dad was always going to Mexico (for months at times, which meant not paying bills) leaving me with my brother who I ever really got along with (we fought once and I ended with a knife in my chest). Any who, he honestly thought that I was avoiding getting a job. That I enjoyed being a leech when in reality, I hated it and seriously wanted a job. He firmly believed that I was lying to him. We get into a big fight, I leave. I don't return until late at night. All doors locked including metal door which we never lock since we lost the key. Okay, I'll go in through the windows. Windows are blocked so they can't be open. Alright then, to the park. Over the next two week, I was homeless. Only ate when my friends offered to buy me something or my gf had me over and made me meals.. "Showered" in my friends pool. One day, I come across a friend who had been looking for me. I ask him "what is up" he tells me to sit down. Turns out, he saw my gf with another guy and they kissed. I said "Thank you" and walked away. I contact her and tell her I want to talk. We meet up and talk. I ask her if he is happy with. She says "yeah, I love you". CONT.

>> No.7692873

>>7691222

>>7690725
On the above note, try getting other people involved somehow. Either share your ideas and progress with others, or at least your plans and see if someone want to partner up with you and keep you on track. Like hiring a manager for yourself? Or set time managing schedules down on paper etc. I have similar feels anon but I'm just waiting for the part time job I just got to start so I can fund my enterprises. Though a lot of times when I have materials for my personal cosplay I put off making anything for it because I'm afraid I'll mess up big time. Just start working on something and it might get you in the mood to continue! Once I work on something I usually end up seeing it through to the end, like cleaning my room which I usually detest. I believe in your potential if you do. If you end up making a storenvy or something, my email's in the field if you'd like to be affiliates or just want to chat.

>> No.7692882

>>7691271
Can someone explain the manic pixie dreamgirl thing? I've seen stuff like this referenced in other cons and it somehow being related to lana del rey fans but I'm really just confused.

>> No.7692892

>>7692854
That honestly hurt and it made me mad. I tell her what I know. She looks nervous and wants to know who was the one that told me. I told her that she didn't need to worry and immediately asked her if it was true. She admitted it and said she was sorry. Hearing that made me more mad and I asked, "Then why they fuck did you tell me you love me just a few moments ago!". It mad me more livid when I finished that because it made me realize that I had fallen in love with her. She begins to cry, she says she does love me and promises to stop talking to that guy. I, being the stupid idiot that I am, accept her apology and get back together (laugh and call me an idiot if you like). My two weeks of homelessness pass by(I should mention that in these two weeks I didn't attend any classes). My old man returns so my brother can't lock me out. Start going back to school and feel good about myself. When all of a sudden, my car is gone. I think to myself "what the shit" and ask my dad to borrow his car to drive my ass to school. He says okay, but lo and behold he gone to Mexico and took his car. I had no ride so I couldn't get to class. My "friends" were always busy and I wasn't close enough to any of my classmates to ask them for rides. I decide trying to walk to school, But it was too much in the end. I couldn't walk 10 miles to and from school everyday. I end up dropping out. I begin to look for a job harder. My gf is supporting me and helps look for jobs. CONT.

>> No.7692900

>>7691634
Namedrop that sewing machine please?

>> No.7692930

>>7692892
My brother is constantly giving me shit, shit has hit the fan. I became a NEET (?) for 1 month. I tried though guys, I legitimately tried, but no interviews nothing. I hated my life so much, but realized I didn't have the right to do so since there are people far off worse than me and don't complain about it. At least I had my gf. Well that only lasted for a week or so more. I was spending the night at her house and while she was sleeping I got her phone to listen to some music (she had given me the password and was ok with me using it whenever I wanted) and when I unlock, it opens to her text messages. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. She was talking to that fucking guy again. I read her text (yes I know, I am sorry guys) and realized that she began talking to her a few weeks after her last little stint. I don;t go to sleep. I lay there thinking. I right something in her note app (iphone). I leave early in the morning (5 a.m ish). She calls me around 7. I ignore the call, she tries once more. I fight picking up and she text me. Saying she is crying that she is sorry that she loves me, but also might have feelings for the other guy. That was the final straw. I call my mom in Mexico and ask if I can work at her business. She says yeah and sends me ticket money. Ok, I call my ex and tell her that I still love her, but to fuck off because I am leaving the country. She begins to cry even more and ask me to stay. I almost break, but just tell her "no" and hang up. Next is last CONT.

>> No.7692956

>>7692930
Really sorry for the length of this, but I need to get this out and I will shorten this part.
I go to Mexico. My mom own a ferreteria that also delivers construction supplies (cement, gravel, cinder block, sand, etc) At first everyone thinks I am going to leech off my mom and just party. I decided to prove them wrong. At first I could barely life a 25k cement sack (oh yeah, before this, I was a little fat guy). Over the course of 7 months I went from 230 pounds to 170 pounds. I felt great. I had gotten a pretty attractive gf and was happily riding a motorcycle everywhere. On the 8th month. I had an accident involving a deer. 60mph no gear straight to the street. How I survived, I do not know. Spent 2 weeks in a hospital and felt something was wrong with my left arm. I came back to Cali and went to ST Judes. They open it up...it is completely rotten inside. Necrotic flesh and puss. Emergency surgery. Came out ok. Put a pump on me that I carried for 6 month. Shit had to be charged. After it is removed, I realize that I can't move my hand properly. Turns out I lost around 70% mobility in my left hand. Ok wow. I am a Crip now I guess. Roll with, but realize that I can't dp alot of the stuff I used to. I can't even work out properly. I fucking hurts guys. I act like I don't care, but sometimes I fucking can't stand it. Just when I was feeling happy and shit. This happens

>> No.7692964

>>7692956
I fucking hate it. There are times when I get depressed realizing that I am not able to do as much. I can't even hold a liter bottle of water without my had hurting. It is annoying and I am tired of it. Honestly though, thank you guys. You guys help me put those thoughts behind me. I genuinely love you guys. I am sorry for this long nuisance. Have a good day, evening, or night /cgl/ and thank you.

>> No.7693811

>>7692900
bernette palermo 5

>> No.7693900

>>7692882
Basically any character played by Zooey Deschanel, like a perfect waifu for hipsters.

>> No.7694078

>Clearing out crappy old cosplays from closet to make room
>Find abandoned dress from several years ago I thought I'd thrown out
>Somehow it still fits
>Lower half looks absolutely gorgeous, super flattering, lovely panels like a corset
>Top half is totally fucked up
>Can't rescue it
>Cut zip out to save for future
>Bin the rest
>Die a little inside

>> No.7694136

>>7687931
>>7687975
That's what you get for dating drug addicts.

The whole "tussled hair drug user" thing may appear cute on the outside, but most guys who routinely use are fucking broken loons and the only reason anyone would date them is because of superficial reasons like looks.

>> No.7694515

>>7685364
lol you aint winning anymore.

>> No.7694523

>>7691343
How did you even manage to get a boyfriend?

>> No.7695820

>>7694515
>>7685364
lol'd hard

Is that Voldie?

Not sure if photoshopped or she actually lost weight

>> No.7695844

bump

>> No.7696100
File: 130 KB, 271x272, 1405052583520.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>cosplaying aisha clanclan
>have no sewing experience whatsoever
>have friend who i remember saying makes all her own cosplays and helps her friends with theirs
>whynot.jpg
>she has never worked with stretchy fabric before
>she has me try on the "finished" product
>oh god i am a green potato sack
>everything is super off and misshapen
>smile, pretend to like it
>sulk all the way home
>my con is in like 2 weeks
>what do