[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 188 KB, 1785x326, truth.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
7707650 No.7707650[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

What are your thoughts on this?

>> No.7707671

>>7707650
>lifestyle lolita used to be standard
How do all these people think Japanese lolitas really live? Do they really think that these people live in elegant western-style event rental properties while butlers in full suits serve them tea and cake all day?

>> No.7707672

I wish we could just fucking ban tumblr. It ruins everything it gets it's hands on, from fandoms to subcultures.

>> No.7707679

>>7707671
It's common among tumblr hoes to mistake what lifestyle lolita is. OMG U CAN'T HAVE HIGH TEA IT'S OPPRESIVE TO US POOR PEOPLE AND U R ELITIST!!!

>> No.7707696

>>7707650
>'Boohoohoo people like fashion for the aesthetic instead of for completely unrelated reasons!!'
Anyone who has to justify their reason for liking something with being a part of some shitty lifestyle is a cancer. Fucking hipsters. It's not just 'I liked it when it was cool' anymore, it's also 'I ACTUALLY like it, not like you posers that just like it for how it looks!!'

>> No.7707698

L'art pour l'art. Toujours.

I don't believe in attaching aesthetics to any kind of culture. I wear non prescription glasses and I wear my boots in summertime, I wear leather and spikes one day and cute dresses on the next. I dress in all black for no reason in particular, and I own a lot of angelic pretty.

If it looks good, it looks good. It doesn't have to be a way to show the world what you're into or how your personality is like. Only edgy kids in band tees think it's important for your clothing to ~*~match your very inner self~*~.

>> No.7707709

>>7707698
Sort of makes you a poser. Just saying.

>> No.7707715

>>7707709
Yes, because wearing things because they look good is absolutely the same thing as pretending you are part of a certain sub-culture.

Your logic is so sharp I have no words

>> No.7707724

>fashions that exist solely for aesthetic reasons annoy them.

So like, all fashion...?

>> No.7707727

>>7707709
A poser is like the Sarkeesian-level morons who claim to like games without actually playing them.
A poser is not someone who wears clothes because they're cute without getting wrapped up in some dumbass "lifestyle" that people attach to it.

>> No.7707733

>>7707698
>>I don't believe in attaching aesthetics to any kind of culture.

That's what all subcultures have been doing since they existed. It's stupid to dress in ghetto nigger clothes if you're a moral, upright citizen who listens to classical music. Naw what I'm sayin? I feel lolita is headed in the wrong direction. It's getting to be pretty fucking pretentious. "Lol, lets do hoodrat shit in lolita and see peoples reactions!" Uhh, could you not? Fuck of back to tumblr, pastel goth is waiting for you.

>> No.7707744

>>7707698
>It doesn't have to be a way to show the world what you're into or how your personality is like

Except that's exactly what clothing shows - your tastes. Unless for some reason you dressed in clothing you don't like.

>> No.7707747

>>7707733
Oh, get over yourself. There's plenty of stupid little white upper-class boys who are too scared to do anything moderately illegal who wear "ghetto nigger clothes."
Your idea of what lolita should be is pretentious. Barely anyone actually does this crap like you think. It's mostly just 'I like lolita because it's cute. I just don't act like an angel who never swears or does anything immoral, because that's fucking stupid.'

>> No.7707760

>>7707744
>It doesn't have to show what you're into or how your personality is like
>It doesn't show your tastes

Those are two completely different things, understand?
You might guess that I think flowy dresses are cute from some of the things I like. But you can't guess whether I'm a slut or a nerd or whatever, and you can't guess any of the things I might like beyond what I'm wearing, unless it says on my shirt.

>> No.7707776
File: 41 KB, 500x375, whyitgottabe.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I think it's stupid to be all elitist about being a "lifestyle" lolita. I mean, if you want to be a lifestyle lolita, go for it. But don't be a bitch about people who don't follow your ~fancy elegant lady~ rules. That's fucking retarded.

Like seriously, I'm a normal person who wears lolita. I don't "act" like a lolita, I'm my goddamn self in a pretty outfit.

Maybe we should never ever go to the bathroom while in lolita. Just hold it, ladies. Urinating and pooping are just sooo not ~lolita~

>> No.7707782

>>7707747
>>There's plenty of stupid little white upper-class boys who are too scared to do anything moderately illegal who wear "ghetto nigger clothes."

And they are generally regarded as posers and faggots. Do you understand what I'm getting at? Aside from that, wearing jig clothes says a lot about their personality. They probably listen to rap, or have an interest in nigger shit, despite being pussies. You'll never meet someone who dresses like that, but also hates thug/crime cutler and hates niggers.

>>Barely anyone actually does this crap like you think

This is what I'm getting at with tumblr people thinking the lolita subculture is evil, hardcore and elitist. Remember when there was a subculture? Probably not, considering you probably jumped on from tumblr. "WHA U COMPLAIN GO CRY ELITIST" Why can't I complain about the decrease in quality within the community? The culture wasn't about NEVER DO NONE-LOLI THINGS U MUST BE A LADY! There were sub styles, which girls usually shared interests within. Girls who dressed in lolita were usually interested in lolita-ish things. Some were gothey, some were all anime, glitter, and stars, (like peachie) and others were classical (like princess portal). Now, everyone is out to prove how none-lolita they are. "Lol, look at how un-loli I am, guyz. I dress like this, but my personality is way more hard-core. I'm such a Casual Joe."

>> No.7707790

>>7707715
>>7707698
Just wanted to pop in and say I totally agree with you. Also we might be the same person cause I feel the same, one day I'm in lolita, one day I'm in pin up, the next in regular normalfag clothes. I just wear what I like

>> No.7707795

>>7707782
You sound like an idiot.

Literally almost no one anywhere, yes even cgl, holds that idiotic opinion.

Lifestyle lolitas have always been a different sect of the fashion. You sound super new lol

>> No.7707797

>>7707790
>>pin up
Ugh. I'm so tired of rockabilly/sugar shack posers. It's always women who do it, which is pretty embarrassing on my part. They're also fat as fuck.

>> No.7707798

>>7707782
>You'll never meet someone who dresses like that, but also hates thug/crime cutler and hates niggers
Do you know everyone that wears "Ghetto" clothes? Yeah, no, you don't. Stereotypes and things people assume =/= actual fact.

>There were sub styles, which girls usually shared interests within.
There still are substyles. Fanny Rosie isn't wearing the same thing OTT sweet lolitas do. And yes, they do share interests- interests in aesthetics. I don't think there was ever a time where a lolita would be like 'I LIKE GAMES. YOU LIKE GAMES TOO? SUBSTYLE!!' It's all based on aesthetics. Like you said- gothey, stars, classical, glitter, etc. Those are all aesthetics, not lifestyles.

>> No.7707806

>>7707795
>>Lifestyle lolitas have always been a different sect of the fashion.

No. What you're suggesting is that lolita never had any music or culture attached to it. Everyone knows lifestyle was different, but now being a part of the culture is considered lifestyle by autists. (Lifestyle also has a stigma, because OMG IM SO UNIQUE)

>> No.7707813

>>7707797
I'm a size XS lol, pin up dresses fit me better cause they come in smaller sizes than most lolita dresses. Plus it's more wearable in general.

>> No.7707814

>>7707798
>>Do you know everyone that wears "Ghetto" clothes? Yeah, no, you don't. Stereotypes and things people assume =/= actual fact.

Haha. Fucking really? "Not everyone who dresses like a rapper likes rap, okay?" Then why dress up like a rapper, if not to be a pretentious faggot?

>> No.7707821

>>7707814
Because they like the way the clothes look? You're a special kind of autist

>> No.7707826

>>7707821
And they are also pretentious faggots, just like you.

>> No.7707827

>>7707698
>>7707790

this is the opposite spectrum of being an special snowflake - "I wear what I feel like unlike those other people"

>> No.7707830

>>7707806
God, you remind me of the girls in this video, 1:28 on.:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7igsMQ-Dts

>> No.7707837

>>7707826
Do you know what pretentious means?
>Attempting to impress by affecting greater importance, talent, culture, etc., than is actually possessed.
YOU'RE the pretentious one. You're whining about how the culture of lolita isn't ~like it used to be~

>> No.7707844

>>7707830
Ah, damn, it got cut off and I didn't notice.
How disappointing, no friends that talk like angels and talk about all the ~bad~ things they do, like eating ice cream at night.
I think you get the picture.

>> No.7707849

>>7707827
what? I'm not saying I'm unlike other people. Lots of people I know wear whatever the fuck they want. Seems pretty normal to me. Less people I know where only one style ever...

>> No.7707850

>>7707837
>>Wearing clothing from a subculture you are not a part off
>>not pretentious
Tumblr.

>> No.7707857

>>7707850
Your fucking logic has the same logic tumblrites use for cultural appropriation, actually. You're closer to Tumblr.
>YOU'RE NOT ALLOWED TO LIKE SOMETHING UNLESS YOU'RE PART OF THE CULTURE.

I like how you ignore the actual definition of pretentious, though.

>> No.7707858

>>7707850
the subculture is the fashion itself and the discussions on what looks good, what's trending, etc. There is no rigid code of lolita conduct.

Oh btw your virginity is showing

>> No.7707867

>>7707650
Haha, I remember that post.
The person who posted this has some good points, but overall they sound like a whiny weeaboo cunt talking about lifestyle lolitas like they know their shit.

>> No.7707882

>>7707857
>YOU'RE NOT ALLOWED TO LIKE SOMETHING UNLESS YOU'RE PART OF THE CULTURE.

Not allowed? No, I'm just saying it's fucking stupid. Being white, I would never dress up like a nigger, because I don't want to embarrass myself. All I'm saying is that lolita would be great if it had less retards in it. It's like straight people showing up for a gay meeting. Fucking why?
>>U like dicks? I like dicks, too! Lets do dick things together!

Is usually the point.

How did I ignore the definition of pretension? You're trying to pass off as something you're not. Why go to meets? I'm not telling you to change your interests to impress others, I'm telling you to fuck off out of lolita. My interests are my own, and lolita matches them. It doesn't match yours, you saw a reblog on tumblr like a whore.

>> No.7707889

>>7707858
>>There is no rigid code of lolita conduct.
They're more like guidelines, and I'm pretty sure edge is not among them.

>>Oh btw your virginity is showing

Lol, calling girls a virgin as an insult. Dudes cumming in all my holes is so empowering, desu.

>> No.7707894

>>7707882
Did you compare different races and sexualities to a lolita who doesn't fit your stupid standards?
>U like dicks? I like dicks, too! Lets do dick things together!
>U like lolita? I like lolita, too! Lets do lolita things together!
You get it?

And yes, you ignored what pretentious means. Pretentious does not mean 'passing off as something you're not.' Pretentious means this:
>having or showing the unpleasant quality of people who want to be regarded as more impressive, successful, or important than they really are
You're pretending you're this super important lolita. You're a fucking weeb that needs to get laid. Stop acting like you're so fucking important and that everyone who doesn't want to fucking act like a goddamn angel should 'fuck off out of lolita.'

>> No.7707898

>>7707882
>It's like straight people showing up for a gay meeting.
No, it's just clothes. No one is obliged to have certain mannerisms or interests based on their preferred aesthetics.
You may actually be a high-functioning autist or have OCD. Get yourself checked. Not even kidding.

>> No.7707912

>>7707813
i call bullshit
the rockabilly subculture is 80% hamplanet

>> No.7707922

>>7707894
Except you don't like lolita, you just wear it cuz tumblr.

>having or showing the unpleasant quality of people who want to be regarded as more impressive, successful, or important than they really are

Uh, no. You're doing that. How am I pretending to be special? I'm complaining about people like you being obnoxious and tryhard. You're trying to act like your speshul for wearing clothes that you TOTALLY don't identify with. I said that the community has gone down the shitter because of faggots from tumblr trying to be unique, and you got defensive because you're one of those faggots. I got into Lolita, because it was so elegant and lady like, and most of the girls were like that, too. You're mad because I said it's stupid to like lolita when you're a thug whore. And now you're trying to say that I want to dictate everyone's actions because I'm calling you out on your shit. You don't have to be "an angel", you autistic weirdo. `I bet you play beer pong in lolita.

>> No.7707929
File: 7 KB, 200x200, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.7707932

>>7707922
I can't tell what's funnier, the fact you're so new that you're trying to use tumblr as an insult, when most of the people on /cgl/ use it, or the fact that you think that people who don't follow your crap "culture" are all tumblrites.

You're acting like you need to be a part of this prissy culture. Everyone else in this thread is just saying that you can be a normal fucking human who likes lolita for how it looks. I've even pointed out most lolitas aren't like the 'thug whores' you whine about. They're just normal beings who act the same as they always do, just in a lolita outfit. Amazing.

>> No.7707942

>>7707922
>I'm complaining about people like you being obnoxious and tryhard
But anon, you're the only obnoxious tryhard ITT. You're trying so hard it's ridiculous.
Who's a "thug whore"? The person who simply said wearing Lolita doesn't necessarily make you "classy" or "ladylike" (and you're kind of evidence in that regard. shitposting on 4chan, talking about dicks and calling other people whores, faggots and niggers for disagreeing with you is so classy desu ne).
Get over yourself, lel.

>> No.7707948

>>7707932
>>I can't tell what's funnier, the fact you're so new that you're trying to use tumblr as an insult, when most of the people on /cgl/ use it,

I don't use tumblr. I'm so tired of tumblr on /cgl/. It used to be so taboo, now it's everywhere. You can't even say nigger without getting a ban. Fuck you and your whole kind.

>> No.7707952
File: 57 KB, 640x640, tips fedora kyary.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7707922
>>7707948
>I got into Lolita, because it was so elegant and lady like, and most of the girls were like that, too.
>It used to be so taboo, now it's everywhere. You can't even say nigger without getting a ban. Fuck you and your whole kind.

>> No.7707956

>>7707942
I'm arguing with someone who got offended by me threatening their lolita-ness. They got all up in arms about me saying the tumblr influence has been negative.

>> No.7707959

>>7707956
Yeah, I know. That's the person I'm responding to.
Unless that was you or something (sorry if it was).

>> No.7707993

This kind of reminds me of goths getting mad about black-clad teenagers. I do kind of understand, though, since goth is a music genre, and the main gripe is about those teens calling themselves goth. The word has become so mainstream to be a catch-all for people in dark clothing with edge themes. I guess a more accessible comparison would be a kid dressing as and calling himself a metalhead, but didn't like metal.

But lolita as itself isn't referring to "fan of this music genre". Even Malice Mizer as a whole is described as visual kei. Mana popularized gothic lolita, but wearing it isn't because you are a fan of Mana.

There's the enjoyment of dressing up pretty and acting ladylike, but that's about attitudes. I'd compare it to someone in dark clothes being moody and writing poetry. Or someone in earthy clothes acting laid back and being one with nature. Or someone in ripped up clothes acting tough and smoking cigarettes. They aren't necessarily associating themselves with a subculture, their interest in clothing just lines up with their general interests.

Lolita's progression is just what comes with size. It isn't small and homogeneous and cozy anymore. CGL is more lively. Lolita is showing up in western media. Brands sell out immediately. Secondhand is easy and full of items for sale. Just the mere transition from Japanese fashion to international fashion is a huge step. The more people there are, the farther apart they are, and the less contact they have, the more different they are going to be.

>> No.7707995

>>7707650
fashion is literally there for aesthetic i stopped reading in the first sentence

>> No.7708094

>>7707698
God I fucking hate people who wear fake glasses. It's an aid for people with a disability, obviously not as severe or inconvenient as most disabilities, but you wouldn't wear hearing aids or use a wheelchair if you didn't need one as a ~*fashion trend*~

You sound like a huge poseur anyway

>> No.7708099

>>7707889
>confirmed for fundie and/or slut shaming cunt

Not worth any more arguing with.

>> No.7708100

>>7708094
All the fake glasses look like shit, anyway.

>> No.7708107

>>7708099
>dudes cumming in all my holes so empowering desu

>> No.7708116

>>7708107
When it's my boyfriend whom I've been with for years, who loves and respects me, it sure is pretty empowering.

You should go find a boyfriend, maybe a good fuck can rid your cunt of a bit of that massive amount of sand shoved in there

>> No.7708127

>>7708116
I do have a boyfriend. It's not any of your business whether or not we fuck. It's not any of my business, nor do I want to know, whether or not you fuck one guy or twenty. But don't use virginity as an insult you slimy little tart, that's putting undue pressure on girls who aren't ready to have sex. Which is fucked up. You should maybe stop projecting your insecurities about being a slut.

>> No.7708138
File: 255 KB, 532x465, pimphank.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7708127
u so mad gurl
y u so mad?

>cause nobody else in this thread is nearly as sandy as you

>> No.7708141

>>7708127
please see
>>7707898

>> No.7708142

>ITT: people judging other people over whether they have touched a penus and vagoo or not
silly humans

>> No.7708147

>>7708138
Gee I don't know maybe I'm mad because you're perpetuating rape culture by putting pressure on girls who aren't ready to have sex to lose their virginity or risk being told they're not worthy or empowered. Maybe it's because you're contributing to asexuality erasure by making sex seem like a big status symbol.

>contributing to rape culture, making girls who aren't ready to be sexually active feel inferior, and contributing to an allosexist society so empowering desu

It actually says a lot that you feel like you have to step on all these people to make yourself feel empowered

>> No.7708150

>>7708147
>bashing tumblr
>spouting the most tumblrina views on the board

>> No.7708153

>>7708150
>making fun of other girls makes me empowered!

I'd say you're pretty Tumblr

>> No.7708156

>>7708153
You're confusing tumblr and 4chan lol

I think you took a wrong turn

>> No.7708158

>>7708150
>not knowing how to use Tumblr tactics against Tumblr

it's like you're not /pol/ at all

>> No.7708163

>>7708147
I hope your boyfriend rapes you and then leaves you for someone who knows how to pleasure him

>> No.7708164

>>7708147
>rape culture
>empowered
>allosexist
Someone wanna play tumblr bingo with me? I think I'm close to winning already.

>> No.7708166
File: 961 KB, 245x250, everything is going wrong.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

What the fuck has happened to this thread?

>> No.7708167

>>7708153
>>rape culture
>>slut shaming
>>u can't make fun of other females
Haha. OP here, what's going on?

>> No.7708172

>>7708167
I don't know anon, I just don't know...

>> No.7708175

>>7708166
>>7708167
I think it's trolls trolling trolls. I hope it's trolls trolling trolls.

>> No.7708176

>>7708175
I hope so too because >>7708147 and >>7708163
are equally awful

>> No.7708184

Fashion evolves, get over it.

>> No.7709384

>>7708184
Actually, no. You make dealings now. I'm mad.

>> No.7709431

where is the janitor when you need them

>> No.7709509

>going an answer this question and hope I don't start another shitfest, guys, this is just like, my opinion, man

What I think about it:
I have definitely noticed the trend of being "wratchet as fuck" in lolita. Not the "I shouldn't have to, and I don't want to, change who I am as a person, nor sacrifice any of my other interests, no matter how at-odds with lolita, just to participate in this fashion that I also happen to like. I am a regular person who occasionally curses, makes crude jokes, or handles situations ungracefully, and I don't bake, and that's alright." kind of trend, I actually think that is perfectly fine. And I consider myself as close to a lifestyler as it gets, if you believe in those kinds of unicorns and dreams.

What I have been seeing is a "look at the amazing level of juxtaposition I have achieved by literally smoking as many cigarettes, doing shrooms, using as many swears, and being as crude as possible, even moreso than I used to be before I started lolita, because lel edgy" kind of trend. I think it's a little silly, but at the same time, so is lolita, and I don't think they are trying to, or can, destroy my "subculture". I think they're just having fun, trendy popular tumblr fun that might irk some of us, but that's all. Reaching that level of "omg, gasp, can you believe she did that in burando" is probably just as much fun for wratchet chan as "omg, did you see how gracefully she just folded up her cardigan?" is for lifestyler chan.

I do this for fun, so I can't really judge others for having their own fun, but yeah, it's amusing and sometimes a little irritating, ha.

>> No.7709660

>>7709509
>>writing a reasonable response
No, you need to accuse everyone of being jealous hoes for having an opinion you don't agree with. Newb.

>> No.7709667

>>7709509
This response is entirely reasonable, just so you know. Thank you for sharing your opinion without being a fucking bitch about it lol

>> No.7709670

>>7708163
looks like this troll won the troll battle. Kudos

>> No.7709672

>>7707650
>People now feel it's a fashion and nothing else
THEY'RE FUCKING CLOTHESSSSSSS

>> No.7709808

Trolls trolling trolls trolling trolls trolling trollostrolls trolling trolling trololo tro trollo t roll tolrling