[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 153 KB, 970x652, RTR31J73[1].jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
7851269 No.7851269 [Reply] [Original]

give me your stories, the good the bad, the ugly

>> No.7851306

>in casual? coord, navy x brown x bear ears
>in a not-so-good neighborhood on the way to my friend's house
>some guy yelled "HEY HOW OLD ARE YOU?"
>looked back once, didn't see anyone, and ran
>panic-knocked on friend's door

I just can't deal with being out in lolita by myself.

>> No.7851326

Personally, I've never had any bad experiences! Granted, I never wear OTT anything unless I'm going to a con or a meetup, and I usually wear classic which tends to draw less attention than other substyles from what I've seen. I'm pretty much immune to the weird stares and whispergiggles, but no one has ever approached me and been rude or unfriendly at all. Usually it's older women with nostalgia boners who say things like "I used to wear things like that when I was young! You look so lovely!" but I've been stopped by all kinds of people who want to tell me they like what I'm wearing. If people even care and actually treat me differently as far as service is concerned, they tend to treat me a little bit more nicely when I'm when lolita.

>> No.7851497

>>7851326
Same here. People who dress OTT and are surprised when people react to their clothes are delusional.

>> No.7851535

>>7851326
I think it depends on what area you're in. from my experience, in socal people are generally nice, as in other places they'll go out of their way to be a dick to you.

>> No.7851556

A girl I know's little sister wears gothic lolita to school every day.

There was a bit of a shitstorm on the news a while back because they tried to make her stop wearing it for some reason.

>> No.7851640

>>7851556
Honestly, I dress in lolita, but if it were my kid doing that in a school setting, I would make them stop.
Why?
Because they become a target. Then staff have to be on their toes about "bullying" when the kid is clearly standing out on purpose. Might as well be painting a target on themselves.
I'm all for individuality and "expressing yourself", but in school, it's best to not try to draw attention to yourself and stand out.

I don't blame the school for trying to get her to stop wearing it. You can't really ban bullies, so they ban stuff that makes kids targets.
That's fucking smart, imo.

>> No.7851641

I don't usually come to this broad but this was the subject I was looking for.

Lately I've been talking to a girl in my English class and she's into cosplay. Yesterday she was wearing a white lotlita outfit and then a few hrs latter she texted me that she got harassed by two guys on way her home. I told her if she gonna dress like that on the norm that she gonna have to deal with it or get a car. She got angry and said things should be like this, she should be able to wear what she wants and w/e

My question is do you guys seriously dress like your going to an anime wedding on a daily basis?

>> No.7851643
File: 2 KB, 125x125, 1409203670869s.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7851640
no its not "smart". instead of bulling, say its rape. youre going to blame the kid for wearing the clothing and not the rapist? yeah, smart all right.

>> No.7851646

>>7851641
if it makes us happy, why the fuck not? why cant everyone else leave us the fuck alone and mind their own business? is life that boring? i only get to live life once and if i want to be kawaii, i'll be fucking kawaii 'cos i sure hell wont be in my 60s. if what we do dont affect you directly unless you want it to, why you gotta be an ass about it? look the other way

>> No.7851651

>>7851640
I used to get in trouble for wearing ~romantic goth~ shit to school, they where afraid it would make me a target so they targeted me lol

I ended up droping out of school. It honestly makes the kid feel isolated if the teachers etc just go "well you shouldn't dress like that" and sending you to the office to change instead of scolding the other kids for picking on you. It gives the other kids the impression that its OK, and the go ahead to keep doing it openly in front of authority figures which just makes it worse somehow.

>> No.7851653

>>7851641
Lolita isn't cosplay, so yeah.

Your friend sounds ridiculously sheltered, what did she expect? Yeah it sucks, bit it comes with the territory.

>> No.7851662

>>7851640
Yeah, what about teaching to kids that they can dress how the fuck they want.

You know, I was a bully target when I was a child. I wasn't fat, I wasn't strangely dressed yet, I tried really hard to be normal and know I'm fucking terrified of teenagers and I'm ready to burst in tears each time someone point out that I'm not normal enought and I don't fit in when I really tried hard.
Thanks to people like you, whatever the fuck happened to me was all my fault. Totally smart yeah.

>> No.7851668

>>7851306
>just can't deal with being out in lolita by myself.

This seems to be the general consciousness but I can't relate at all. It's so much easier for me to deal with the comments and harrasment by myself instead of watching the people around me awkwardly pretend they didn't hear/see it or figure out how to react. Even the way when they walk just a bit further away from me when I'm in lolita is too awkward to go through. Lolita is something I prefer to do on my own, I'm used to and willing to put up with the harrassement and attention it gets me but I couldn't ask that from anyone around me, specially when it clearly makes them uncomfortable.

>> No.7851669

>>7851668
i dont see how the general population just cant ignore what they dont like but choose to instead put in effort to ridicule. people, man, they suck.

>> No.7851671

>>7851653
She actually showed me pics of her at con cosplaying as video game characters.

Not sure if that counts for anything, just wanted to clear that up.

>> No.7851679

One time I was walking around the city with my friend (also dressed in lolita). We were wearing old school pink BTSSB, and some really drunk guy came up to us and asked if we were in a horror movie. It was strange.

>> No.7851699

>>7851671
Was she walking around in cosplay, or lolita? Because they're two very, very different things.

>> No.7851703

>>7851699
She was walking around in lolita. I'm not even into all that anime crap. Just trying to get laid.

>> No.7851708

I'm a dutch guy and it's very super rare to see a girl in Jfashion in my country. So when I do, I just stop and stare at a non-creepy distance (like there is one :P) Because I think you girls deserve to be looked at. And I really don't even dare to talk to someone dressed like you.

>> No.7851717

>>7851640
Nice victim shaming there. Do you believe people who get raped is at fault because of the clothes they wear too?

>> No.7851761

>>7851708
Dutch jfashion wearer here, why don't you try saying hi? If you don't act like a creep and make it clear that you know your shit I'm sure they'd appreciate it.

>> No.7851770

>>7851662
I don't know. I was the bully target myself through elementary and middle school (plus a few occasions in high school, but namely from people who remembered me from back then). It did make things difficult for a while. But I feel like Lolita helped me to grow a thick ass skin and not give two fucks. I was a skinny kid, but I wore a lot of hand-me-downs and my mom always had me get terrible haircuts. Plus I was weird.

Generally though, I prefer safety in numbers. I won't go out in lolita by myself. If I do, it's very toned down, but I haven't in about a year. I tend to wear it mostly for cons and meetups which do happen frequently enough.

>> No.7851790

Wearing lolita as everyday clothes is fucking stupid and pretentious.

>> No.7851795

>>7851790
>wearing clothes you like as everyday clothes is fucking stupid and pretentious
how dare you, whore

>> No.7851802

>>7851790
>wearing lolita as everyday clothes is fucking stupid and pretentious.
You probably coord for shit. Lolita doesn't have to be OTT you know?

>> No.7851806

>>7851790
Cosplay lolitas are gross and give the fashion a bad name.

>> No.7851809

>>7851640
You can ban bullies, and you should. Kids bullying and harrassing others don't do it because the way those people dress, but because they're looking for an excuse to bully someone. Shouls we ban kids with braces and glasses, too?
Sure, if you dress like an idiot people will make fun of you, but the way you dress doesn't justify bullying.

>> No.7851815

>>7851651
This. Since when is bullying okay?I know there's kids making themselves targets, but in my experience that can only apply to their behavior, not their looks.

>> No.7851816

>>7851790
I'm so baffled that this opinion even exist. this is what you get for wearing lolita to cons and mingling with the cosplayers. all the old fags where right all along, they WOULD think it's cosplay. And I argued with them so much over this, and fuck they where right.

>> No.7851817

>>7851770
Being bullied gave me a thick skin enought to wear whatever the heck I want in whatever setting. I wear lolita almost daily, and when not I'm in j-fashion/goth/punk clothes. A bunch of kid bullying me for nearly 5 years straight, stolling my things and hitting didn't kill me (althought it almost did), I believe I'll survive a few mockery from dudebros at college. I still retain my fear a groups and especially groups of teenagers, and my deep-down shame of non-fitting in. At least I'm not trying anymore, so I have a excuse to.

>> No.7851820

>>7851790
>pretensious
>obviouslynot knowing what that word means
Pretending what, anon?

>> No.7851825

I usually only get compliments, or no comments at all. That's pretty much the way I like it, too.

>> No.7851830

>>7851825
Slut

>> No.7851833

>>7851830
I'm sorry I'm just jealous, you're obviously very pretty.

>> No.7851858

I've yet to have anything terrible happen to me from random strangers but I only just started lolita a few months ago. I did go to a pride festival in lolita once with a friend who's obsessed with SJW bullshit. I explained to some guy it's a Japanese fashion and he asked if I was Japanese (I'm Chinese.) and my friend went apeshit, called him a racist and tried making it all about herself and claimed he hated black people just because he didn't speak to her. She pretty much made a big scene and brought more attention to me..

>> No.7851868

>walking down the street
>pass a group home for troubled city kids
>all of them outside
>two cops talking to one of the kids
>wearing a toned down sweet coord and I start sweating profusely
>last thing I want is for these kids to start mocking me
>put my head down and walk through their crowd as fast as I can
>hear, "Keep doing your thing!"
>look back and a young guy is giving me a nod

Not wanting to be judged, yet judging others. Lolita interactions can lead to important life lessons sometimes.

>> No.7851869

>>7851640
My school had uniforms and I was still bullied (till I grew a pair and spoke back to the bullies, then they stopped caring).

I can agree a little with this, but I disagree a lot. Wearing something "weird" like goth or lolita will make you stand out and you are likely to be targeted, but we shouldn't say "that kid dressed goth they were asking for it", blame the victim mentality is stupid. We shouldnt let kids be bullied for how they dress but at the same time kids need to learn to dress appropriately for their environment. Lolita is fun but petticoats are bulky and impractical, chains and spikes on gothic outfits can be dangerous if you fall or get caught on something.

I always think of that Luna Lovely/Emily girl from My Strange Addiction and how she wore a wig and bloomers to a job interview. Someone needs to educate her on what appropriate dress means.

Its one thing to wear what you want and express yourself through your clothes, but when you are in a professional environment or in school, you need to dress the part e.g wearing otome or casual instead of OTT lolita, or wearing plain black jeans and a rock band tshirt instead of bondage tripp-pants with chains and shit if you are goth. School and work isn't about your fashion choices, its a professional place, its not all about you, so a dress code or uniform is reasonable I think. On weekends you can wear whatever you like but for 5 days a week when you go to school I think actually learning something is more important than what you are wearing. Its not much to ask for you to wear a toned down style to school and save your more elaborate coords for meets.

tl;dr Lolita on weekends, knock yourself out, in school, dress work-appropriate, school isn't supposed to be a fashion show, bullies or no bullies, save your petticoats for weekends.

>> No.7851880

I was walking to school in a barely-gyaru outfit: black boots, strawberry tights, strawberry bobon skirt, sailor moon tank and a long grey cardigan. It's in a nice part of town with stone streets and big old buildings (europe). I took a wrong street but I didn't mind walking 1 min more so I continued.

Cue dirty old man delivering mail with his bike. He utters something and out of habit I start saying "sorry, I don't speak Dutch", but then I realize he said "nice clothing", so I say thanks. He repeats it a bunch of times like "yeaaah nice clothes, really nice clothes". I just keep walking and awkward smile. He keeps talking, but he's not following me at least. He asks "japanese?" (I'm caucasian) and keeps talking in a weird excited way. I would have been fine with it but the fact that he just wouldn't stop talking made it really creepy.

Other than that, first day of school, I was voted "most likely to own a pet snake" because of my outfit (a black t-shirt dress with strawberries on it...). Now I dress more casual but I still stick out because they *all* wear blue jeans, brown boots, sweater or t-shirt, everyday. I'm the only one who wears skirts, shorts and dresses. Not exaggerating.

>> No.7851897

Just went to a professional conference in very toned-down otome and was pretty much stalked by the photographer. My clothes weren't inappropriate (I checked with a bunch of people, including my boss) but by the looks of it I was pretty much the only person there who put more thought into their outfit than "is this clean Y/N". I have the nagging feeling that the photo gallery is going to be 60% photos of people giving talks, 20% "atmosphere" and 20% pictures of me.

>>7851651
>they where afraid it would make me a target so they targeted me
Same. I was never bullied by other kids which is surprising because I was an autistic weeaboo mallgoth. I had plenty of friends and the kids who thought I was weird or stupid or whatever just didn't interact with me. The teachers, on the other hand, constantly hounded me and tried to get me to be more "normal" so that I would "feel more comfortable, more part of the group" even though I was comfortable as fuck the way things were and didn't feel like there was anything wrong with me until they started their concern-trolling. I later checked with old school friends to make sure I wasn't actually an annoying obnoxious sperg, but apparently I was pretty normal aside from the bad hair and baggy pants. Teachers, man.

>> No.7851898

>>7851858
and they're your friend still because....?

>> No.7851916

>>7851869
I just justified making a monthy bland splurge on an IW dress because it's actually incredibly work appropriate. I'm probably going to try leaning towards making more purchases like this in the future, I'm getting into the "needing to interview for big kid jobs" stage in my life.

>> No.7851922

>>7851898
we're not anymore, bad habit of still calling her one.

>> No.7851937

>>7851640
Christ on a cracker, I'm the OP of this post and I didn't expect this to blow up like it did.
Jesus.

I get it.
I was bullied in school simply for existing, even though I didn't do anything to stand out. I fucking get it.

I'm not sure that bullying is akin to rape, but sure, let's go that direction. Holy shit balls, gulls. Calm your collective tits.

Why not make rape illegal? Oh. wait.
So in the meantime, while rapists exist, let's carry knives, pepper spray, and guns to deter them while still dressing how we like and doing whatever? I personally don't give a shit.

But in an environment like a school where shitty administration is the fucking, twisted-up law, I'm saying that kids don't have the choices to defend themselves and the admin won't do shit!
Bullying, unlike rape, doesn't [always] leave visible scars and can make kids anxious and panic-y and shit. You can get in trouble for leaving a bruise, but when you spout of "He said something mean to me!!" in a school environment, admins don't give a shit.
But then the kid who willing put themself out there by standing out becomes scared, anxious, doesn't want to come to school...
So wouldn't you want to avoid that in the first place? Because the school "law" won't do shit to protect your kid. Whatcha gonna do? Call the police and tell them that people are bullying your kid?

You fucking people.

My end point is that bullies don't go away when we're older, so we need to learn how to fucking deal with it. In the meantime, while you're in a shitty environment that doesn't give a shit about your well-being, just blend in and try not to cause a problem.

Christ.

>> No.7851940

>>7851306
I actually didn't have the guts to wear lolita when I was still in school because it contrasted too much with my university life, but I just graduated and I still live in my college town. People here will laugh at weird clothes, but for the most part, nobody bothers you beyond openly giggling at you. There were at least two girls that wore gothic lolita/gothic clothes every single day, and I saw people staring at them, but I never saw anybody give them shit.

>> No.7851957

>>7851869
The interview was clearly staged though.
>You look like a Japanese doll!
>T - T - Thank yewww~! ; U ;
If I was just a normalfag and saw somebody in bloomers and frilly clothing, my first though would not be "Japanese doll." They didn't even try.

>> No.7851961

>>7851937
For the record I'm >>7851651 and I've been bulliedy entire life, weird clothes or no weird clothes. The problems is bullying itself. I've always been bullied for being I don't know what, weird I guess? In highschool I decided to own it and actually look weird and nothing changed other than my attitude about myself. The bullied continued, only now I had confidence and the teachers had an escape route and a way to blame me. I'm also >>7851668 BTW. Blending in and trying not to course a problem is awful advice IMO. Do what makes you happy and learn to deal with the bullshit is my advice. Otherwise you're in for a depressing as hell exsistance.

>> No.7851968

>>7851961
I'm so sorry I can't spell, I dropped out of highschool but also autocorrect.

>> No.7851974

>>7851957
That entire episode, god. As if the first places I would apply as a weird weeb in bloomers would be an auto repair shop and a restaurant. If anything, you'd think she would try antique shops or tea houses if she was really committed to the "lifestyle."

>> No.7851987

>>7851858
She sounds like a shit friend. Dump her ass.

>> No.7851990

>>7851770
It's awful, but I feel like people who actually kill themselves because "weh, Timmy was making fun of me :^(" are better off dead. They'd never have made it in the real world.

>> No.7851992

>>7851880
Job =/= school. I think when you're in school it is exactly the right time to experiment with style before it has bigger consequences, actually hinders your ability to make a living/you have to grow the fuck up etc

Also not everyone works that way, for me in particular being an introvert the weekends where for re-charging before another week of school. The last thing I wanted to do in the weekend is go out and socialize. Which left nothing but the week day to do anything the fuck, like wearing cute clothes, making friends, giving people a relatively accurate concept of who you are etc. Of course you'd wear a toned down version of your style that's a given, but that won't stop the bullies.

Also you have a very 2005 hottopic idea of goth.

>> No.7851997

I usually only get nice comments (at least, the ones to my face are always really sweet). If anything, the best reactions always come from my boyfriend.
>last time going out together
>big town festival, lots of locals around
>as we're getting ready to go home, he turns around quickly and starts to get angry
>bf what is wrong
>"those guys back there just made fun of you"
>what? really? what did they say"
>"something about alice in wonderland"

He was the only one upset, I just thought it was funny. I mean, I was in classic, with very little poof... but ok.

>> No.7852002

>>7851961
I'm with you anon. I had the same problem weird clothes or not. I beat them to their own game now though. I use to get so much shit because I wasn't pretty (I'm mixed caucasian and black, but really white with frizzy and big booty), and thanks to lolita I start to take care of myself for my own pleasure and not to fit in. Now I'm pretty. I'm still alternative. My life is awesome. Blending in as never been a solution to me, and all the time I tried was the hardest time of my life.

>> No.7852008

>>7852002
frizzy hair* obviously, a frizzy booty would be quite strange.

>> No.7852019

>>7851990
>>>/pol/

>> No.7852020 [DELETED] 

>>7851858
>apeshit
>black friend

I'm sorry I laughed

>> No.7852026

>>7851937
Okay sure, let's just teach our kids to suppress everything they are so they're just fucking robotic normal fags

>> No.7852039

>>7851992
u replied to wrong anon, anon-chan

>> No.7852040

>>7851987
Oh, I did. This sjw obsession of her's has gone on for about 2 years now. She went as far as to make false accusations of racism and physical abuse to gain followers on tumblr (two things I've personally dealt with) and I just had enough of it.

When I go out in lolita with my normalfag friends I expect them to be supportive of me as I'd do for them, not make minuscule things about themselves and throw fits because they're not getting the attention they need.

sorry for the rant, lol..

>> No.7852045

>>7852026
Sometimes if you want to survive with your sanity intact, you fuckin' have to be.

That's fucking life.
You can't go around pretending you're special and unique all your life.

All I'm fucking saying is "time and place".

>> No.7852047

>>7851869
>School isn't about your fashion choices, its a professional place.

Lol nerd. Are you Asian? Indian?
School is just a place I go to because it's a mandatory stepping stone. And I'll wear whatever the fuck I want while I'm getting where I want in life since chances are I won't be able to once I get there.

>> No.7852061

>>7852045
Pleb

>> No.7852063
File: 886 KB, 500x281, 1407888131817.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7852061

>> No.7852070
File: 968 KB, 500x352, tumblr_nc7vlhCvJj1tmvcaro1_500.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7852063

>> No.7852225

>>7851869
I have to disagree, you can wear toned down Lolita just fine to school. Cutsew, flats, small petti, no wig. Done.

>> No.7852231

>>7851937
No bullying is not rape, but it can still scar people for life. And it's not exactly legal, bullying at the workplace is a criminal offense where I come from. So yeah, kids have to learn to deal with bullies, and the only way to deal with them is not to tolerate bullying in the first place and stand up for kids being bullied, this way they can one stay be strong for others.

>> No.7852234

>>7852225
Thats basically what I said, otome and toned down is fine, watered down styles are fine, but walking through school with a petti so huge that you clog up a hallway is fucking annoying (one would assume).
Wear your massive petti on the weekend, tone it down in school and everyone is happy.

I dont understand why people get all up in arms about having to dress down for school, whats so important in school thaty ou need to look catwalk-ready anyway?

Sorry if I sound aggressive, Im actually agreeing with you.Toned down and casual =/= OTT lolita or gothic with a madonna crown and veil. I honestly don't know why anyone would bother get that dressed up for school anyway, casual is sufficient, cutsews are totally school-friendly.

>> No.7852236

>>7851974
She did it for the show, they wanted to show how her "addiction" interferes with success in life.

>> No.7852238

>>7851990
Watch that edge, kiddo.

>> No.7852244

>>7852231
I honestly think a lot of this 'bullying is normal and okay' thing comes from knee-jerk reactions against people who want to coddle children from criticism, which illustrates the other problem, which is that most people who are against bullying count any form of criticism as such, which is wrong. Obviously physical and emotional abusive behavior is wrong, but no one is going to listen to people that count someone telling their kid that they can't sing very well as emotionally abusive.

>> No.7852254

>>7851869
I spoke to her. That was very staged.

>> No.7852259
File: 66 KB, 720x960, RmHCkoo.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>thread has turned into a debate about bullying
>on a forum where ita/nitpick/bitchy as fuck comm threads threads are the norm

Here's to hoping nobody arguing against bullying isn't posting ther- oh who the hell am I kidding?

>> No.7852263

>>7852234
I don't see anyone arguing that someone should be able to wear super OTT outfits to school, though. It actually looks like we all agree with each other but made assumptions about the other's standpoint that weren't true.

>> No.7852270

>>7852259
I know. Most people in lolita comms consider cgl to be a massive bullying site, and yet here those people are saying "you should be able to wear what you want without being picked on" when we have ita and nitpick threads going. It's so ironic.

>> No.7852272

I have to admit, I get a lot of compliments of me wearing lolita when I go to Victoria's Secret.

>> No.7852283

>>7852272
I had a different experience, the manager sneered at me and snatched the underwear I planned on buying from my hands to ring it up

>> No.7852290

>>7851790
You obviously know nothing and cant dress yourself. Keep on hating

>> No.7852304

>>7852234
Well, school is a big part of life and very time consuming. I understand why you'd wear stuff you like.

>> No.7852309

>>7852259
same reaction here from this debate, though to be honest to be a regular on cgl you don't have to be posting in the ita and bitch threads

>> No.7852313

>>7852304
Life is short, wear whatever you want, youll eventually understand most people dont give ashit and there isno reason why you cant be happy. Would you rather look older before finally wearing lolita?

>> No.7852321

>>7852270
The logic on cgl is, you can only wear what you want if your pretty, young and skinny. They only pick on the uglies, old hags and fatties.

>> No.7852332

>>7852045
What kinds of horrendous places do you people live? I wear "strange" clothing to school everyday and have worn lolita on occasion too. Heck if I care about toning it down. I get strange looks and I get laughed at bu my friends and the teachers usually think it's really cool. Of course, you have to have a thick enough skin to handle it, but there's no need to suppress your whole goddamn personality and style just because it might get you into trouble. People know full well the consequences of going out in public dressed strangely, and if they want to live with those consequences then that's their choice, but you can't forbid something like that.

>> No.7852341

>>7852332

Same here, not to fucking work but people where I live wear all sorts of eclectic shit and nobody gives a shit.

>> No.7852344

>>7852047
>>>/pol/

>> No.7852363

>>7852321
>implying that its ok to pick on "the uglies, old hags and fatties"
topkek

>> No.7852409

>>7852244
This is very true, people throw around the word without knowing what they're talking about.

>> No.7852508

>>7852259
>>7852270
You're mixing shit up here. It's about wearing Lolita to certain places/occasions in general. It's not about whether or not the outfits look good in Lolita standards. Ita and Nitpick threads are not made to bully people, but to discuss aesthetics and dish out (unwanted) advice/opinions anonymosly. It always depends on how you take it. If you wore Milanoo once to a con you might not even lurk here, or if you are, you might not care about becoming a Lolita. If you dress badly you can either whine about on all kinds of social networks or, which I've also seen happening, post in the thread and ask for advice. I've never seen rude replies to a humble ita. And nitpick threads are NITPICK threads, it basically says "You look great, but there might be one/two things you could/change improve imo."

>> No.7852512

>>7852321
>I'm a wrinkly, ugly fattie that dresses like shit

>> No.7852518

>>7851269
One time I was out with my ouji and someone asked him if he was trying out for the part of ben frank.
It was actually sort of funny.

>> No.7852562

>>7852332
I went to school in an awful environment where I just wanted to get through the day.
Instead, people singled me out because I was a bit strange, and that made me stand out. I tried to dress the same way, stay out of people's way, and just be kind and polite, but fuck me if I didn't feel like I wanted to die every single fucking day.

So of course I'm going to encourage kids to blend. I don't want them feeling like I did because of their choice to stand out so blatantly.

I'm older now, and I don't answer to anyone, so I dress in and do basically whatever the fuck I want without giving a single shit.

I just don't want a naive kid to go through all the fucking mental torture I did because they're not smart enough to not paint a massive target on them labeling them as "the weird kid".

But that's just, like, my opinion, man.

>> No.7852816

>>7851679
Maybe he thought you were the twins from The Shining?

>> No.7852833

how are the kids these days actually able to wear full lolita outfits to high school? i wore lolita practically everyday in college, but in high school i had gym everyday and had like 5 seconds to get changed in between periods or i would be late to the next class.

do kids not take gym anymore or am i just an ancient elderfag

>> No.7852876

>>7852833
In my high school you only had to take one semester of PE out of the entire 4 years, plus one semester of health (taught by your gym coach from the previous semester, so you didn't learn anything)

>> No.7852926

>>7851679
>>7852816
This most likely. I was asked if I was one of the girls when I was in a blue jsk and shoulder length brown wig so I saw the connection right away.

>> No.7852965
File: 483 KB, 500x378, feelin it.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

When I was in high school I wore lolita a few times a week. I'd get a few stares and laughter from the freshmen, but once they realized they were the only people who gave a shit, they shut up pretty quickly.
Other than that, I didn't get much harassment since most people were afraid of approaching me. Though after I graduated, I did find out a few things people did behind my back:
> Writing in the bathroom that said I sleep with old men for money, with a random cellphone number that wasn't mine
> Rumor going around that I was the daughter of a wealthy Jewish banker who transferred money to overseas accounts for rich corporations. My clothing was apparently an attempt to rebel against his religious ideals.
> When I first started wearing lolita in middle school (all Bodyline and pretty ita), a lot of girls were secretly interested in wearing the fashion too, but after looking it up online they stumbled upon the brand shops, gaped at their prices, and started to hate me for being "so rich".
That being said, never once did I feel endangered or bullied for what I wore. My outfits ranged from casual to OTT depending on whatever the hell I felt like wearing that day. Even if I had been outright bullied, I wouldn't have cared - the joy I got from my clothing far outweighed any negativity I might have felt from them. That being said, I had been bullied for years and had very few friends before I moved there, so maybe I just had a enough of a thick skin at that point to not give a fuck.

>> No.7852986

There's a girl in my program that wears general Jfashion to school. It's cute and all, but she ends up looking like she stepped out of a porno: one of those "sexy trying to act innocent" sort of thing. The first day I saw her, she reminded me of babydoll from sucker punch.

>> No.7853007

>>7851640
I like all of the new-age delusional ideology morons saying "victim blaming is wrong".

The school is correct in trying to make her stop wearing it. Certain behavior makes you a target for bullies (just like certain behavior makes you a target for getting raped). Sure, the bullies are at fault, but you can't stop all bullying. If it were up to me, schools would be as standardized as possible in terms of dress code.

Just a little food for thought for some of you. If I'm walking around wearing a Rolex, flashing an expensive phone, pulling wads of $100s from my wallet all within a predominantly black housing project, is it my fault that I get robbed? No, its the robber's fault, but I wouldn't be nearly as likely to get robbed if I wasn't engaging in such behavior. The delusional, 21st century young-adult would then say "teach people not to rob hurr durr".

That's how stupid you people sound.

>> No.7853012
File: 228 KB, 744x867, 1403900471668.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Wearing gothic coord
>Crosses on the print, also wearing a purse with a cross on it
>Old man walks up to me and asks me why I'm wearing crosses
>Not sure what to say, tell him they just pretty
>He goes on a long lecture about how God shouldn't be used for fashion
That was awkward as fuck, I had no idea what to say so I just stood there while desperately waiting for my friends to rescue me.

>> No.7853018

>>7853012
Anytime someone asks me about crosses I just deadpan "I need them for protection" then do a quick father-son-holyspirit hand movement and walk away. If I can't get away, I close my eyes and pretend I'm praying and they usually go away.

>> No.7853025

>>7853007
But the girl will still get bullied for being different. I went to a middle school where we had uniforms and guess what? People STILL bullied me because they knew I liked anime. I didn't even draw it in class or try to speak broken Japanese or wear cat ears or weird shit like that. I was teased for reading graphic novels. People threw rocks at me.
I mean, I can kind of see where you're coming from, but you shouldn't blame the victims of bullying. Ever. Period. Honestly, blame the fucking schools for pretending that they take bullying seriously and then not doing jack shit about it. "Let's tell the girl to not wear these clothes rather than tell those bullies that if they're caught harassing her, they'll get ISS. Never mind that she's still going to be teased, probably even more so, for being different. Let's punish her and THEN she'll learn not to deviate from the norm. Stepping out of line means you DESERVE to be bullied."
That's how stupid YOU sound.

>> No.7853061

>>7853025
It's harder to perceive differences if you are forced to wear a uniform instead of wearing your special snowflake clothes. People actually have to get to know you to find out if you're worth bullying, and if you think you have embarrassing hobbies, you don't have to tell anyone.

When I was in school, the kids who were bullied hardest were the kids who dressed weird, were obese or had very poor hygiene, not people who watched anime or read certain books. A uniform eliminates the first, and makes the latter two more difficult to prey on. It's almost like you never went to school because your depiction of how bullying is is so hilariously inaccurate.

Bullying occurs in all schools everywhere and it is already punished more harshly than it ought to be. There are only so many staff that can pay attention to every sperglord who "expresses" themselves in embarrassing ways and encourages bullies. Stop living in your fucking fantasy world where you think that we can just "stop bullying". My example should have weeded out idiots like you using that argument.

>> No.7853077

>>7853018
You da best

>> No.7853082

>>7853061
Nah, punish assholes not non-assholes. That's pretty common sense.

>> No.7853088

>>7853061
Lol nobody ever said it was possible to stop bullying. There will always be bullies, even in the professional world. I'm well aware of that. I'm saying that it's asinine for schools to PRETEND that they care about bullying and then they don't actually do shit about it. I didn't say they needed to hound the halls and suspend anyone for calling someone else "fat" or "stupid."
You sound like someone who thinks that bullying builds character or something. It taught me to conform and I wound up okay, but it can have a lot of adverse effects on other people who might be more sensitive.
People will get teased for literally anything if the person who's teasing them is insecure or insufferable enough. It's not like there's a set of rules that every bully abides by. You sound like you have a lot of pent up anger from being on the receiving end of some bullying. Take a nap.

>sage for ot

>> No.7853116

>>7853088
>Lol nobody ever said it was possible to stop bullying

>"Honestly, blame the fucking schools for pretending that they take bullying seriously and then not doing jack shit about it"

You did. Schools already over-punish even the slightest acts of what could be perceived as bullying. You are suggesting that schools do more of it. They already suspend people for calling someone "fat", "gay" or "stupid.

You for some reason think that all bullying is equal. I got bullied slightly and did some slight bullying. Every normal person goes through it. It's called growing up and experiencing stuff. If kids can't handle school-tier bullying, either they have to stop being such enormous sperglords that they stick out like sore thumbs, suck it up and roll with it, or they are just not viable to work a career in the real world where "bullying" is 100x worse, so you're probably better off just an heroing.

So what if you suspend a bully? Someone else will do the bullying. If they aren't allowed to bully you publicly, they will just laugh at you and stop people from being your friend. I prefer to abide by the "don't be a faggot" policy for kids rather than the "hurr durr I stand against bullying, look at me and my impotent sloganeering".

>> No.7853125

>>7853018
Or tell them you're a postulant/ joining a nunnery. Then they really get uncomfortable. Tell them you're Sister Angelica Bella
>lol Angelic Pretty

>> No.7853128

>>7851556
I want to read this article, what can I look up to find it?
also everyone shut the fuck up about the off topic issue

>> No.7853129

>>7852562
>I'm older now, and I don't answer to anyone, so I dress in and do basically whatever the fuck I want without giving a single shit.

But you have to realize that a lot of people figure this out WHILE they're in school.To chuck them up as "not smart enough" when, quite frankly they've figured it out faster than you is stupid.

>> No.7853132

>>7853129
Yeah, that whole argument is full of blowhard hindsight.
>I DON'T CARE, SO YOU SHOULDN'T CARE

The problem is that these kids DO care. Not everyone can turn that shit off, yo. They're fucking teenagers. That's part of the problem. They're emotionally unstable at the best of times, and emotionally underdeveloped AND unstable at the worst. It's not a matter of being "smarter". Kids literally are not wired for that kind of advanced emotional baggage yet, in many cases.

>> No.7853137
File: 50 KB, 300x400, 74-001_6.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7853012
He should see this dress then.

>> No.7853139

>>7853132
Don't you think if we couldn't handle it, we would, you know...just stop wearing the clothes? Taking the option to do so away entirely because you or some might not be able to handle it is rediculous.

>> No.7853142

>>7853132
>waaah I'm too mentally ill to decide what clothes I wear

>> No.7853151

>>7853025
honestly as someone who was picked on in middle school the way i see it is it kind of was my fault. i was a really obnoxious weeaboo and a very weird kid overall. i didn't bother with my looks at all and i was really awkward and annoying. i didn't want to recognize faults in my personality until other kids treated me differently for it. you can say "wah people are so mean to me cuz i'm so special and different, its not my fault i'm unique boohoo i'm such a victim" but other people will react to your behavior and appearance, and you can't ban people from having negative opinions about them. kids are pricks at that age, yeah, but middle school is for getting socialized and learning social mores. personally i'm much less socially awkward now because people bullied me and i shaped up.

>> No.7853154

>>7851269
>Me and best friend walking together to our meet up
>On our way we see people taking photos
>We ask if they would like a photo of us?
>People say nothing and still take photos
>We tell them we can pose for them
>People say nothing and still take photos
>Fuck it we both bust out our JOJO poses
>People say thank you and left

Not too bad of an experience but it was definitely a bit rude.

>> No.7853208

Why
Wear the clothes and expect weird shit, maybe funny stories, or maybe unpleasantries. It's not because you're doing something wrong, it's everyone else being cunts. Don't blame yourself for being harassed at any age or place, but don't be like i can't believe an old man talked to me???? wtf ew???? because it's going to happen and if you're not comfortable with that, you should accustom yourself or give up.

>> No.7853231

Friendly reminder that bullying doesn't mean that some one commented/criticized or even insulted you. Bullying is an harassment, often made in group, directly to the person. It can include verbal assault as well as physical ones. Posting a girl once in a ita thread isn't bullying, ostracizing her from the comm by constantly harassing her at meet or sending her hate mail is.
And their is different level of bullying too. Not saying that 'only' getting insulted is ok, but it's still bearable and can be downsized to an extent. Except that bullies at school do not stop to that. They can stole your stuff just to destroy them, send people to hit you or do it themselves, threatening you constantly. You didn't deserve that because the way you are, they choose you as a target. My best friend became a child alcoholic in middle school because she was bullied for being a smart girl and reading books. I was bullied almost to suicide because I didn't fit in for whatever reason.
Both of us are still traumatized by it and quite frankly we are not totally functional human being because we hate social situations with numerous persons as school or parties.

I mean it's pretty obvious that nobody is going to go to school in full OTT, and if they do well it's just to be edgy anyway, but it would be great to stop asking people to be normal as if it was their fault if they are getting bullied thanks.

>> No.7853238

>>7853231
^^^

>> No.7853256

>>7853231
This. The person that posted "oh I got bullied a little and did some bullying myself, it's normal, schools are too harsh" obviously hasn't experienced any REAL bullying. Once a real bully targets you it doesn't matter what you do or how you try to change yourself and fit in, they won't stop. When kids get driven to suicide by bullies it's not because someone called them fat once, it's because their life is systematically being made a living hell every single day. I think this person is mistaking criticism and minor douchiness for actual bullying just like those whiny girls on CoF.

>> No.7853271

Can this thread please go back to j style in public stories and stop being a discussion on bullying??

>> No.7853298

>>7853271
So post yours.

>> No.7853307

A few days ago I was in almost head to toe ETC crossing the parking lot to my apartment and some dude asked if I was a Russian prostitute. Why Russian? I don't know. Maybe he meant mail order bride?
Anyway about thirty minutes later I looked out the window and the same guy was in the middle of a fistfight with three other guys. One of them started throwing rocks and the police showed up. It was pretty disturbing and I hope I don't run into him again.

>> No.7853320

>are you in a play ?
>are you a model ?
>are you in a band ?
>are you a seamstress/designer ?
>are you an actress ?
>are you a local celeb ?
>are you a fashion blogger ?
>I'm a photographer, would you model for me ?
>oh I'm really interested in you style, could you tell me where it comes from ?
>where did you buy such pretty clothes ?
>I wish I could look like you !
>OMG mom, look, it's a lolita !
>Miss, just let me tell you that you are absolutly charming.
>Is that your everyday clothes ?
>I wish every one dressed like you.
>You're so feminine and elegant.

I should play bingo with these.

>> No.7853321

I actually wore lolita to a frat party, and it was incredibly well received. I did it to piss off the group I was with, but I left with a few numbers and an eventual boyfriend.

>> No.7853326

wore lolita to work today
>guy said "cute dress"
>friend gave me a hug and said I looked adorable
>girl asked where i got my tights
good day

>> No.7853332

>>7853321
I was in a sorority in college and literally none of the fraternities at my school would have been like "haha cool" if I wore lolita to a frat party. They probably would have just been really confused/weirded out. Your school must be really chill.

>> No.7853343

>>7853321
Was it the local Delta Lambda Phi? We have a chapter at our uni, and they're generally more accepting of alt fashion. They also throw the best damn parties like holy shit. I am so ready for Halloween.

>> No.7853389

>>7853326
>tights
Normalfags are all over my legwear, man. They don't even look at the poify skirt, they want to know where to cop my socks.

>> No.7853390

>>7853389
*poofy
You get my drift.

>> No.7853851

>>7853320
Often times my friends and I will just say yes. Then they leave us alone.

Or if someone asks "What's with the outfits?" we answer that we are in a play/circus/what the hell ever.

Works like a charm.

>> No.7853904

>going to the ballet to see swan lake
>considering wearing lolita (infanta's rose cathedral op)
>worried about getting the usual "are you in a play" question, what if people think I'm part of the ballet troupe (lol as if)

>> No.7853905

>>7853904
I don't think anyone will think that.

>> No.7853910

>>7853905
You must be new

>> No.7853919

>>7853910
No, I mean because people dress up weird as fuck to ballet anyways.

>> No.7853930

>>7853919
>tfw the one time I went to the ballet nobody was dressed up at all
Aside from one adorable little girl in a pink tutu, everyone was in t-shirts and cargo shorts. I was wearing a simple LBD with no accessories and I felt overdressed. The actual show was great but I still felt a little disappointed.

>> No.7853931

>>7853061
> Thinks kids in school should behave the same was as workers in an office

This anon is literally Hitler.

>> No.7853933

When I wear lolita in public I have only ever gotten very sweet comments. Most of thr time it's from adorable older ladies. One of said old ladies asked if I was from another country and if it was their traditional garb.

>> No.7853970

I was approached at a concert once by a guy who asked if I believed in love at first sight, and then started touching my dress. It was weird.

>> No.7853983

>>7853933
That's so sweet! I've only ever had people ask me about what I'm wearing and ask if it was a costume, etc.

>>7853970
That's disturbing, anon. Glad you're okay.

>> No.7853994

>>7853904
Depend on what city you are in, and which theatre you're going to. People get dressed up as fuck where I am when they go to the two biggest concert hall/theatres, smaller situations often equal outfit ranging from business casual to "informal diner with friends" style. And a few people go over board but that's ok because we're here for art anyway.

>> No.7854120

>wearing casual offbrand coord
>out for day with bf
>had to swing by work real quick to pick up hoodie i forgot
>coworkers in awe despite knowing i do 'weird' shit on my days off
>2kawaii4u

>next day mid-shift
>coworker pulls me aside
>"anon you really need to respect yourself more, why don't you respect yourself blahblabla"
>wtf u talkin bout willis
>"girls that dress like.........THAT...........don't respect themselves, you're just doing it for guys to look at you and that's not the kind of attention you should want for yourself"
>bitch did u just call me a slut or what
>customers in our store
>absolutely mortified

i know she means really well but jfc woman NO

>> No.7854132

>>7854120
JFC. If anything, guys are only looking at you when you're dressed in lolita because it's out of the norm. Sure, there are a few gross fucks who sexualize the fashion--but most guys aren't going to be like, "Ooh look at that girl, all covered up with a big bow that's soo hot." Give me a fucking break. Your coworker is full of it haha.

>> No.7854142

>>7854120
>respect yourself
God, I hate when people say this, like they give a shit about how much you respect yourself, they're just trying to make themselves feel important.

>> No.7854149

>>7854142
Right? If I'm paying upwards of $250 for a dress you'd better believe I respect and love myself.

>> No.7854248

>>7854120
>Implying wearing a lot of elaborate clothing indicates a lack of self-respect

>What is royalty
>What is celebrity
>What are cruddy sweats

I'm not seeing the parity here. People who don't respect themselves don't put in effort, your coworker sounds sheltered.

>> No.7854250

>>7854149
+1

>> No.7854313

I wore a toned down coord to uni this last Monday. It was my first time wearing lolita in public and I got a few compliments from some girls in my choir class.

The best part of the day was this tiny Asian girl came up to me when I was in line for some food and she said I looked adorable and wanted to know where I got my clothes. I explained what the fashion was and she seemed really excited. It was super sweet.

>> No.7854341

>>7853154
Usually my friend and I say 'with' instead of 'of' and most of the time they freak out all excited and say yes.

>> No.7854944

>>7852562
If you knew people singled you out, then you might as well have given them a reason to. Wear whatever the fuck you woulodve wanted, turn their negative attention into something positive, and become badass. Instead you're rememebered for being that loser that let anyone pushed them around.

>> No.7854955

>>7854944
Yeah, if I was assertive or confident back then I might have.
Every shard of dignity I had was ripped away from me and replaced with constant fear and anxiety that stays with me even to this very day.

But, fuck, I'm confident enough now, so I can deal with the present.
But back in day? Naw. No can do.
I skated by on sheer naivety, cluelessness, and plain ignorance in middle school and managed to escape that relatively unscathed, at least.

High school was a whole different ball game though.
Jesus, you fuckers are giving me flashbacks.

At least I'm cute as fuck now.

>> No.7854965

>>7854955
Damn you remind me of me.
We r gud job

>> No.7854967

>>7854955
I know this feel, anon. I was bullied heavily in middle school but as soon as I got cute (grew into my face, learned how to properly apply makeup and tame my Hermione hair) people started being nice to me. When I became more confident I told all the guys who used to tease me to fuck off when they tried to hit on me.
That's why, at 22, I honestly could not give two fucks if someone sneers at me for wearing lolita. But it takes time to build this confidence, and most people don't have it from ages 13-17. So don't feel bad for not standing up to them back then, anon. You're cute and confident now and that's all that matters!

>> No.7855073

>wearing classic with my little sister in ouji
>casual day shopping around downtown
>one woman follows me around store
>thinks she thinks im stealing
>she taps on my shoulder
>"what are you doing?!"
>i start blubbering
>she just wanted to know why i was dressed up

>later mom calls us to go to walmart
>can already feel the haters
>in store for 2 seconds before someone starts pointing
>ready to roll my eyes
>overhear what she saying
>"Don't they look like princesses?"
>shes talking to the cutest little girl
>feels bad for judging them the rest of my life

Also today someone told me he thought my outfit was interesting, and then came up to me later and apologized, apparently his girlfriend had told him that was a mean thing to say. I told him it was okay, though.
I mostly get compliments when I'm out and have never had a bad experience, unless it involved my shit older sister. I just wear classic though, so I don't think I stand out as much.

>> No.7855540

Last weekend, going to a lolita meet:
>guy says I look really cute "just like one of those vintage dolls"
>girl catches me in a crosswalk "are you a sweet loli? It's really cute!

Somebody also told me I look like Ellie Goulding. Not lolita related, still feels good. Good day overal. I was wearing some simple btssb coord.

>> No.7855552

>>7851679
I think that was with me.

>> No.7855555

>>7855073
clearly you need to be less defensive/insecure

>> No.7855571

>>7852833
At my high school, we had to take three semesters. all of my jellly.

>> No.7855575

>>7855571
meant for
>>7852876
sorry

>> No.7855628

>>7853025
I got told to kill myself and any time I tried to say something people shut me up because they said they didn't like the sound of my voice. I'm really tall, skinny, and pale with dark hair and blue eyes though and I went to a predominately Mormon school where everyone has brown hair, brown eyes, similar heights, and are moderately tan for white folks so I guess I stood out. I wore normal clothes and only later moved to the back of the class and joined the rest of the "freaks" where I was much happier. We still got bullied pretty badly, but when that one psychopath deadpan stopped carving shit into the desk and joined up, we got left alone.

>> No.7855629

>>7852833
My school you only had Gym every other day.

And we had like 20 minutes total to change, 10 before, 10 after.

>> No.7855636

>>7855629
That shit's crazy. I had five minutes before and after.

>> No.7855649
File: 262 KB, 400x300, obamasan.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>be in military dorms
>new supervisor comes in to inspect it and sees the loli dresses I have displayed and freezes
>Ohshit.jpg
>"Anon, where'd you get those in America?"

Turns out she lived in Japan for a couple years and LOVED it. She now brings me cans of tea because I can't eat real food. (Dentist broke my fucking jaw!) We talk about food, jfashion, and culture stuff a lot now. My old supervisor was a weaboo, but my new one knows so much more and cares more about the culture than anime and "zombie mornings" and the five stages of Japanese partying.

>> No.7857097

>>7855649
thats really adorable anon
>pls fall in love and be kawaii animu for me desu

>> No.7857501

bampu

>> No.7857624

>>7852562
That's how we learn though and it's all personal. I wore "weird" shit after years of being bullied for being a poorly socialized child with an equally poorly socialized family. It was me accepting that I couldn't please them. When I was older I was able to start focusing on learning the social crap no one taught me growing up but when I was in school I had to find any piece of happiness I could, you know? All those stupid teachers who told me to "just dress normal" ignored that my family couldn't and wouldn't just buy me new clothing, they ignored that I only owned maybe 12 shirts in total, they ignored that I wore "normal" clothing for years and had 2 "normal" outfits that would get me MORE shit because everyone already KNEW I was weird. Standing my ground UPPED my self esteem even in a shit upbringing (and being poor and socialized was the least of their problems). So maybe blending in at that age isn't for everyone.
You know what should never be okay at school? Being a bully or being an adult who allows it to happen. Why is we're so resigned that it will never change. Get angry and speak out. I know I wanted to focus on my school work but couldn't because "ewww what are you WEARRING" - how is that any more appropriate for a learning enviornment?

>> No.7857634

>>7851868
That made me have some faith

>> No.7857647

>>7851708
Just go up to them and tell them you like their style. If you are respectful and just say something like, you think their dress is nice, in a sincere way, then it's ok. Or even specify that you know of that particular fashion.
Be careful though, don't just shout out a catcall or be creepy about it.

>> No.7857665

>>7851708
I know what that's like, I wear Lolita and just ignore people staring at me as a negative thing.

Except when I'm walking about dressed in any particular way, I'll always catch myself staring at people because they have nice clothes, or cool hair or something.
Maybe the trick is to smile if you're looking at someone's style, but that would make me feel so creepy, I don't smile much normally.

>> No.7857672
File: 36 KB, 300x300, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7855649
...w-which branch?
>always trying to find kawaii military friends to no avail

>> No.7857725

>>7855636
Sometimes the teacher wouldn't send us to get changed until after the bell had rang so we'd be late to our next class...
On topic, we wore uniforms so there was no way we could wear things like lolita. However, it was when I went through my 'goff' stage though so I got away with wearing a black shirt and arm warmers (as long it was a plain shirt and we wore the school tie then the teachers were fine with it).

>> No.7857751

>>7857647
Considering that this guy was looking for a qt.pie cosplay/lolita/Jfash gf in the friend finder thread, I don't think there is a way for him to not come off as kind of creepy. Since I now know what he looks like I know that if this guy approaches me and compliments my outfit he's not so much appreciative of the way I'm dressed as he is trying to date me.
Dude went and shot himself in the foot by being overly thirsty. Sorry, man.

>> No.7857769

>>7855649
please marry me anon

>> No.7858366

>>7853061
You're dumb, bullies gonna bully.

>> No.7858371

>>7853151
Being an annoying weeb and dressing differently are not the same thing.

>> No.7859597

>>7858371
Though I don't think annoying weebs should be picked on, I agree. Being obnoxious and dressing different aren't the same.

>> No.7859625
File: 76 KB, 505x518, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7851708
Dutch lolita here. You could go up to them and compliment them. I'm sure they would appreciate it, I know I would! Don't be shy, Anon~

>> No.7859797 [DELETED] 

Recently, there was a local convention I wanted to go to. I took public transportation to and from the convention center. A lot of people complimented me on a my dress and I had an overall pleasant experience. However, on the way back home, it was a different story.

As soon, as I stepped on the train and sat down, two girls on the opposite side of me start snickering. For some reason, they thought I was completely deaf and started taking pictures of me and talking about how they can't wait to put me on facebook to show their friends. Then came the unoriginal comments such as, "Isn't it to early to dress up for Halloween?" "She looks like she is from Lincoln's era. I bet she met him."

This went on for a good 5 minutes. Then, they noticed a cosplayer a few rows up. They start to snicker and point their phones towards her. They were saying the worse things about her. I don't what happened, but I just snapped.

I looked straight at one of the girls and said sarcastically, "I am so glad you love our outfits and want to take pictures of us. Here, let me take a picture of you too.” I took my phone out and started snapping pictures of them. “I just can't wait to put you guys on facebook so all of my friends can see.” One of the girls replied disgustedly, “I hope you pay me for that picture you just took.” I countered, “Will you pay me for the pictures you just took?” The girls looks dumbstruck and started to vehemently deny ever taking pictures of me in the first place. Their argument was that they were taking selfies. I told the girls that I will delete the pictures as soon as I got of the train. One of the girls stutters, “You B-Better.” After that they changed the subject entirely as if nothing ever happened. When they finally left, I felt myself shaking. I probably should haven't done that.

>> No.7859799

Recently, there was a local convention I wanted to go to. I took public transportation to and from the convention center. A lot of people complimented me on a my dress and I had an overall pleasant experience. However, on the way back home, it was a different story.

As soon, as I stepped on the train and sat down, two girls on the opposite side of me start snickering. For some reason, they thought I was completely deaf and started taking pictures of me and talking about how they can't wait to put me on facebook to show their friends. Then came the unoriginal comments such as, "Isn't it to early to dress up for Halloween?" "She looks like she is from Lincoln's era. I bet she met him."

This went on for a good 5 minutes. Then, they noticed a cosplayer a few rows up. They start to snicker and point their phones towards her. They were saying the worse things about her. I don't what happened, but I just snapped.

I looked straight at one of the girls and said sarcastically, "I am so glad you love our outfits and want to take pictures of us. Here, let me take a picture of you too.” I took my phone out and started snapping pictures of them. “I just can't wait to put you guys on facebook so all of my friends can see.” One of the girls replied disgustedly, “I hope you pay me for that picture you just took.” I countered, “Will you pay me for the pictures you just took?” The girls looks dumbstruck and started to vehemently deny ever taking pictures of me in the first place. Their argument was that they were taking selfies. I told the girls that I will delete the pictures as soon as I got of the train. One of the girls stutters, “You B-Better.” After that they changed the subject entirely as if nothing ever happened. When they finally left, I felt myself shaking. I probably shouldn't have done that.

>> No.7859828

>>7859799
You're my hero

>> No.7859836

>>7859799
Did you ever delete those pics? If not, share.

>> No.7859843

>>7859836
Share and well make them a forced bitch meme

>> No.7859865

>>7859836
I need to see these pictures.

>> No.7859871

>>7853116
I'm not sure where you live but when I was eight I was bullied by a girl who would bash me up quite severly and then pretend to the teachers that she was friend. One day when I wasn't at school because I was sick she punched my six year old disabled brother in the stomach. It took months for the school to do anything to her despite my Dad trying very hard and supporting me. I don't think they even did anything in the end as her mother used to abuse her physically. I'm lucky though as my Dad cared but I've known many people who have been in worse situations even at a younger age and no one helped them...being beaten continuously for most of their childhood. In later years they got suspended fairly often because they defended themselves. They ended up with quite a lot of issues from this and big social anxiety issues. So I strongly believe schools do not treat bullying effectively.

>> No.7859883

>>7853088
>>7859871
Honestly, that was then, but anon is right, now people get in trouble for anything that even vaguely resembles bullying. It's like they went from being too lenient to too hard.

>> No.7859884

>>7859799
You need to share them. I doubt those girls deleted theirs. Share them and I hope it gets back to them. They deserve it.

>> No.7859906

>>7859883
I have heard this but haven't seen it with my own eyes despite not being out of high school for very long. However I believe it's better to be more strict than too lenient as even if the school overreacts atleast life will be better for those who would of been bullied.

>> No.7859932

>>7859799
No, good on you for doing that. They sound like spoiled brats who have never once stepped into the real world.

>also tbh gives me justice bonet

>> No.7859935

>>7859932
*boner

>> No.7859970 [DELETED] 

>>7859799
>>7859836

I have thought about. There still on my phone, but then I would be just as bad as them, so I won't.

>> No.7859982

>>7851869
> People still not realizing that was staged
You all are humanities cancer

>> No.7859995

>>7859799#
>>7859836#

I have thought about it. They are still on my phone, but then I would be just as bad as them, so I won't.

My friend had a similar story where this guy was calling her Little Bo Peep while she was walking. She turned around her, cursed him out, and then kept on walking without missing a step. I don't think Lolitas should have to fight back to wear what they want to wear. So stupid how people think.

>> No.7860479

sage because totally unrelated to thread but lots of bullying talk going on

Okay so I'm a guy who went to a kinda shitty middle school with uniforms. I got -bullied- for awhile because I was the nerdy type, and that meant getting jumped, having your shit thrown across the halls, and having your shit stolen. To counteract this since the admins basically did shit, and i actually got punished worse sometimes, I just did the same shit back at them. They threw my shit, i threw theres. They wanted to fight, I'd hit like a crazy faggot. It works.

>> No.7860554

>>7859982
Welcome to 4chan

>> No.7860608

>"... Are you from the 1960s, or the 1860s?"
>"Yes."

>"Hey there, princess, you want a ride somewhere?"
>"Don't talk to me, peasant scum."

>"Is this some kind of religious thing?"
>"Yes. My religion forbids yoga pants and Uggs."

>"So, where are you coming from?" *gesticulates at clothes*
>"... My house."
>"Oh. I thought it was for the Jewish holiday."

Best encounter so far: passed a group of uniformed Japanese high school girls at the art museum (I'm in NYC, they were pretty out-of-place), simultaneous hushed "gosurori!" exclamation from them and and "jogakusei!" from me.

>> No.7860644

>>7860608
Your responses are great, anon. This is basically the attitude I take when people come up and comment on my clothes (unless it's a compliment, then I just say thank you.) I understand that I stand out if I'm not in a t-shirt and shorts, but I just never understood the purpose of going up to someone and remarking on their clothes. It's none of my business, and unless I wanna compliment someone's outfit, I don't go up and talk to them about it. It's not like somebody's outfit choice can have that much of an impact on your life lol. People are weird.

>> No.7860759
File: 25 KB, 272x257, 1315123222544.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7852965
> Rumor going around that I was the daughter of a wealthy Jewish banker who transferred money to overseas accounts for rich corporations. My clothing was apparently an attempt to rebel against his religious ideals.

>> No.7860809

>>7851790
Wearing clothes everyday is stupid and pretentious.

>> No.7860813

>>7851830
????
What is the logic behind this???

>> No.7860814

>>7859932
>justice bonnet
Fuck yeah.

>> No.7860824

>>7851990
You're better off dead, too, cunt.

>> No.7860834

>>7853125
>Tell them you're Sister Angelica Bella
No, tell them you're Sister Mary Elephant.

>> No.7860838

>>7859799
>I hope you pay me for that picture you just took
They are in a public place. They are subject to being photographed. You don't have to pay them anything. You don't need their permission either.

>> No.7860845

\>>7859799
post pics

>> No.7860846

>>7854120
>respect yourself
SATAN SATAN SATAN SATAN SATAN SATAN

>> No.7861229

>>7859799
Good for you, anon! I had a similar experience. Its one thing to experience yourself getting picked on, but it rustles my petti even more watching others receive shit treatment.

>> No.7861644
File: 213 KB, 400x799, 1411764702156.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7855649
Operator lolis are the best

>> No.7861667

>>7855073
Yo I want an updatee on this, say shit to her and let us know

>> No.7861684

›at mall with friend and my boyfriend
›friend and i in sweet
›bf notices group of 5 or 6 ¨ghetto¨ dudes in front of us rudely and obnoxiously taking photos of us
›bf tells them if they want photos they can ask
›¨we dont want to ask¨
›uhoh.jpeg
›bf starts arguing with them. its 6 big dudes against my little boyfriend.
›they start pushing him and he pushes back
›i need to save my bfs life
›i step in between them and my bf
›i start screaming at all of them
›i push back each and every one right in the chest
›they are stunned
›i go get a smoothie

i thought it was pretty cool. thats the only really negative thing thats happened to me while in lolita

>> No.7861685

>>7861684
>inb4 everyone gets mad, my phone does that weird arrow thing too.

>> No.7861687

>>7861684
sorry if no greentext. my 3ds is not chan friendly

>> No.7861714

>>7861667
You mean to my sister? I've tried, it's a lost cause. I've repeated what she says back to me and she just whines, "why r u so meeeaaaan"

>> No.7861721

>>7861684
man u lucky asses both couldve been raped hard if the ghetto dudes were really ghetto. real ghetto dudes dont take pics of ppl in lolita though so idk. u go anon?

>> No.7861725

>>7851640
You should teach your girl to kick bullies in their private parts

>> No.7861748

>>7861721
>real ghetto dudes dont take pics of ppl in lolita though so idk

Bronx here, what's up? Yes, they do. They will literally take pictures of and record anything so they can be World Star famous.

>> No.7861784

>>7859871
I have a disabled brother too and if anyone touched him my mother would probably destroy them. I'm not even trying to be edgy, it's just the mama-bear mentality on top of the fact the kid's completely defenseless.
Your father must have the patience of a saint.

>> No.7861888

I was visiting London this weekend. I was out seeing the sights in lolita and saw some girls in pastel, J-fashy outfits with what looked like loli accessories here and there, but I was too pussy to go speak to them. Fairly sure they were incognito London lolis though, which was pretty exciting.

>> No.7861892

>Decide to wear lolita to college
>Really proud of the coord
>My own friends make me feel like shit
>The teachers make me feel like shit
>Keep my head up, don't let them know it's bothering me
>Sob my heart out when I get home

I'm so weak.

>> No.7861897

>>7861892
Your friends sound like dick holes.
Get new ones.

>> No.7861907

>>7861721
Edgy. You're a moron and it's cute.

>> No.7861912

>>7861892
What did they say/do?

>> No.7861913

>>7861687
don't worry, it looks adorable from here. like little side-flying seagulls.

>> No.7861918

>>7861892
They are not your friends. Get new ones, they are just dicks.

>> No.7861919

>>7861912
Just bashed me for wearing it. Said the skirt was way too puffy that it made me look like a child. Said I shouldn't wear something so freakish to college ever again.

>> No.7861921

I'm too scared to go out in lolita in case I run into someone from my old comm.

>> No.7861922

>>7861892
you're not that weak if you could keep up appearances.

i won't tell you to get new ones because i know that's not exactly an easy thing to do for everyone, but the other seagulls are right in saying that your friends are shit

>> No.7861950

>>7853116
>Schools already over-punish even the slightest acts of what could be perceived as bullying. You are suggesting that schools do more of it.

Come the fuck on here, where the hell do you live? In some dream world? Schools don't do shit and do everything to look the other way. You are absolutely delusional.

>> No.7861955

>>7861919
Wear it anyway. If they dont want to respect your choices and are insulting you, they aren't your friends.
Just keep at it. Once they realise you dont give a fuck about your opinions they will stop insulting it. Or perhaps you could wear a more toned down coord next time?

>> No.7861970

>>7861955
^^^
People who insult you for your interests/hobbies don't actually care about you. It sounds harsh, but it's true. You deserve so much better, >>7861919.

I was in a sorority in college and even my super shallow/materialistic sisters didn't bat an eye when they found out I liked anime. They were just like "I never expected that, anon, but okay!"

>> No.7861999

>>7861921
Dress in Lolita in the HOPES that you'll see them and hey can go cry over your amazing outfit.

Fuck, half the time I leave the house in Lolita I'm doing it just because I know there's like, 3 itas who live near me and I want to make them sick by being gloriously dressed!

>> No.7862126

>>7861919
I know how you feel, anon. My childhood friends bashed me for "wanting to be like a Harajuku Japanese chick" and called it fetish gear. One of the gave me a look when I explained the second hand market to him as well, he called it gross.

>> No.7862135
File: 77 KB, 400x264, 1407648130440.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>don't wear lolita to college or work but have lots of pictures of me wearing it on my personal facebook
>add people from school/work on facebook
>either they don't make any mention of it or treat me any differently, or they 'like' my photos and think it's really cool
>never have had anyone "confront" me about my interests outside of my profession
Everything went better than expected.
Pic related, my classmates when they see my fb page

>> No.7862136

>>7862126
to be fair most people (i.e. first-world privileged motherfuckers, of ANY gender or color) think the thought of selling/buying used clothes is pretty gross, including shit like sally ann, value village, etc, because "that shit is for poor people"

>> No.7862173

>>7861748
WORLDSTARRRR

>> No.7862699

>>7861999
oh man I wish. Perhaps someday. If I ever did run into any of the old girls in the comm I'd probably just vomit out of nervousness and they'd bully me even more than they did before. they're like a pack of wolves.

>> No.7862701

>>7862136
Uhm, no?

I know a shitload of first world, upper-middle-class to straight up middle class people who love thrift shopping.

IDK what kind of snobby neighborhood you live in, but MOST people are A-Okay with it.

I even see some of the local rich ladies buying from the thrift store.

>> No.7862713
File: 789 KB, 571x5000, 1367943976939.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7862136
Where do you live? In my area it's the poor people who don't like thrifting
>mfw my boyfriend's cheap Chinese mom snubbed at my finds only after finding out I bought them at a thriftstore
>oh you bought a brand name jacket/shoes!
>thriftstore? ew, why would you buy from there
I don't take anything that doesn't look new or unworn.A lot of the things I find are either things someone maybe wore once, or was given away by the company to get rid of stock

>> No.7862714

>>7862701
thrifting has become trendy. lower class kitch like drinking out of mason jars is "in" now.

>> No.7862718

>>7862701
This. Paris and London are full of thrift shop stores. First of all, not all second hand shops are cheap : some are specialized in luxury items that are cheaper, but not cheap (I found Yohji Yamamoto shoes for 200€ for exemple, and Chanel bags for 400€). Second thing is thrift shopping allow you to find unique items for a nice and inventive style. It's not about being cheap it's about finding items outside of the regular fashion circuit.

>> No.7862719

>>7862136
what? it's always been pretty trendy here.

>> No.7862726

>>7862714
Thrifting has always been a thing, at least in my state.

Maybe you just live amongst wishy-washy trend followers.

>> No.7862729

>>7862713
i'm chinese and our family is considered lower middle class, so i really enjoy thrift shopping, but my parents think it's gross. it's weird.

>> No.7862744

>>7862729
I think it's because the younger generations are just more open-minded. We live in a shit economy (at least here in the good old USA) where we don't have a whole lot of money in a middle class setting, so spending less on clothes means spending more on other shit. Older generations tend to be more set in their "we don't need your handouts!" ways, while us youngin's are getting more frugal and learning how to save a buck.

The old folks do it by not having fun, we do it by buying used shit, or shit right from china, etc.

>> No.7862748

>>7861919
I know several people who will literally wear pajamas to university. I don't know if yours is super professional (it probably also depends on your major) but if someone told me not to wear something to uni because it's ~weird~ I'd laugh in their face.

>>7862126
Half the reason my powerlevel is as repressed as it is now is because this one friend in middle school called my handmade knee-length lolita skirt "weird sex stuff" and once overheard me listening to Malice Mizer. From that point on she told everyone I like weird Chinese ching chong music and would go "ching chong wing wong huehuehue" any time she'd see me with earphones in. My mother was always concerned that I wouldn't have enough friends but I honestly think I'd have been a lot better off with fewer of them.

>>7862136
Not really? Some of my trashier family members (who think wearing a designer bag with their sweatpants and flipflops is très chic) may think it's gross but anyone I've ever met with any sort of education think's it's a fun day out. Our city is full of overpriced "vintage" shops.

>> No.7862758

>>7862714
Thrifting was always kinda trendy. I don't do it so much now because I only really buy loli items these days but back when I had ties with the fashion industry, I'd often go around thrift stores with people I'd met at shoots and no designer/photographer/etc I ever talked to who complimented an item I'd thrifted gave me a weird look for saying it was second hand.

>> No.7862825

>>7862729
It was the other way around for me when I was a kid. Was weirded out my mom was willing to go thrift store shopping.

Of course I'm fine with it now, but my bf is sort of weirded out by all the secondhand loli I get. Similar "but isn't it gross?" reaction.

>> No.7862834

>>7860608
>nyc
l-lets hang out anon...

>> No.7862836

>be me in high school
>decide wear snow white inspired coord, i think using the infanta dress that looks like claudia
>go full nine yards, wig/makeup/etc.
>senior year anyways i'm not going to see these fuckers for long anyways
>expect people to be assholes
>go to school, sit down in class
>at first everyone is just wtf
>ask me about the fashion
>someone mentions the living doll episode
>pls no
>walking around school, hear people say "she looks like a doll!"
>not sure if supposed to be compliment but still feels good
>people hold doors open for me
>everythingwentbetterthanexpected.jpg

>> No.7862849
File: 51 KB, 584x262, 1400116993408.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>be tall lolita
>flat chest
>"are you a man?" comments are a dime a dozen

I invested in a super padded bra, then started wearing that with lolita

>be tall lolita in pushup bra
>no one questions my gender anymore
>mfw a pushup bra makes the difference

>> No.7862869

>>7862849
Are you me? Because I used to do that

>> No.7862942

>>7862834
Yes please! I just posted to the friend finder thread.

>>7862849
As a tall flat-chested person, I am now wondering if other people are thinking this about me but not saying anything...

>> No.7863088
File: 512 KB, 400x192, imdone.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7862748
>tfw a majority of people on campus and town tend to go out of the house in leggings or pajama pants

shit nigga, just because they're bifurcated doesn't mean they're meant to be worn as pants.

>> No.7863092

>>7863088
seriously, you don't have to dress business casual or anything but m8 what the fuck have some respect for your professors and alma mater.

>> No.7863098

>>7862729
I'm also from a lower-middle/working class family (SEA). I grew up thrifting with my mom and even now a majority of my wardrobe is second hand. I don't mind because I'm slow to accepting trends and a lot of RTW clothing don't suit my style.

My dad and brother thinks it's weird/gross to go shopping second hand though. In my dad's case, he's willing to go shopping, but also thinks it's gross that a lot of stuff on the racks were touched by many other hands before you and God knows what was last touched (it's funny because it's true).

>> No.7863104

>>7863092
It's really sad. I was disappointed in how casual the sorority girls looked when they were rushing earlier this semester. I've talked to some guys who don't even know what would be appropriate to wear for the last internship fair.

The career fair is coming up. I'm probably going to see a lot of black mini skirts or sandals. Or both.

>> No.7863112

>>7862729
I dont buy my lolita secondhand because its no different than secondhand reg clothes. My dream dresses are literally out of reach if theyre sold out from the brand unless it gets re-released...

>> No.7863118

>>7863104
>skirts
Most girls at my campus seem to consider skirts+leggings "dressed up" and skirts+tights "anon r u going to a wedding?!"
I have given up on these people.

>> No.7863120

>>7862729

Chinese too, but admittedly upper middle class. I have no problems with thrift shopping, although it's mainly for extraneous things like jewelry or accessories. I've found a few good work clothes there as well. I don't tell my mom because she freaks her shit out when she hears the word secondhand.

>> No.7863138

>>7863104
I remember when I was applying for colleges, I got accepted to compete for a scholarship at my first choice school. The invitation said the dress code was strictly business casual, so I took it seriously. I was so surprised when I showed up dressed like I was going to a job interview and almost everyone else was wearing jeans and t-shirts.

>> No.7863144

>>7863092
Ehhh I never wore pajamas but I did always wear oversized tees and Nike shorts because I always started my day early and just kind of threw stuff on. I was there to learn. I dressed up for the weekends haha.
But I never looked like I just rolled out of bed and I would have never worn pjs to class--that's disgusting. So many people at my university didn't brush their hair or fix their face before class and they looked like straight zombies.

I never wore lolita to school because I was Greek and doing so would have been too "out of the norm" and like I said, I never dressed up for class anyway.

>> No.7863155

>>7863120
Chinese people are weird mang,like i had a friend who was average and totally fine and cute in Europe and girls there called her fat now she's into anorexia.

>> No.7863161

>>7863155
Most chinese look malnourished so i would disregard their "advice".

>> No.7863165

>>7863161
Idk what they consider "thin" is really thin though but now she feels so bad she even stopped wearing lolita and she was a cutie, I mean sure she had a bit of flab/chub there or there but who doesn't? It's so cute yet so many girls are trying to be stick thin i can't understand and this is coming from someone who has been stick thin all her life due to illness

>> No.7863169

>>7853012
Tell him that crosses predate Christianity by a few thousand years. Watch his brain explode.

>> No.7863189

>>7862748
I've seen literal pyjamas too. but also:

>leggings or sweatpants
>wool socks and beach sandals (???) Or uggs
>uni/faculty sweatshirt or knitted sweater
>messy bun usually accompanied by a thin elastic hair band or sports headband
>Canada Goose jacket

this seems to be the uniform a lot of girls default to after the cooler weather starts hitting a month into the school year. it's a crying shame because I've seen so many girls in cute moto boots/sundress combos or with adorable floral tops and high waist shorts when it was still warm. they were trendy, cookie cutter looks but nowhere near as bland and sloppy as this. everyone else who looks halfway presentable just ends up wearing a ton of brown and grey and black. you really stand out if you do brighter or lighter colours. Liz Lisa earns me stares like nobody's business.

>> No.7863199

>>7863189
North face, leggings, riding boots.
Call me basic all you want, but I was comfy as hell every day the weather got cool.
I also went to a school where people wore whatever they wanted and nobody really said anything. Two girls regularly wore gothic/gothic lolita-esque coords and most people wore "edgy" hipster clothes or wannabe dirty hippie wear. Definitely an interesting campus.

>> No.7863203

>>7863199
Oh, and a river ran right through campus so during the warm months it was totally normal to see people walking around campus in bathing suits/cover ups. J-fashion would hardly be noticed here.

>> No.7863223

>>7863203
sound like fun anon. a river runs through mine too but it's a mid size city so it's gross and dirty haha. aside from that my campus is very homogenous. the closest you get to adventurous fashion is cute Asian girls doing cute but generally safe yesstyle/Korean fashion kind of looks.

I totally understand the need for comfort. I just hate how everyone looks the same. I'm not going to call anyone out as basic but when I get stared at 24/7 because I stand out and everyone else is bland my best outlet is bitching on /cgl/.

mind you, I'm not saying they shouldn't look, in fact I'd say that's to be expected even in toned down jfash. it's just that everyone is always so weird about it. they're trying to be subtle and failing and then put on this strained poker face when I walk past them. like what. just be natural plz, you're weirding me out.

>> No.7863245

>>7863223
It's not just that, it looks sloppy and ugly. I would never be able to feel comfortable looking like arse, and can think of a tonne of different combinations that would be just as cosy but look better.

>> No.7863258

>>7863169
lel. I don't support apologetism, but I do wish that more people would look into the history of their own faiths and/or the faiths of others. I'm still surprised that the parochial school I went to actually taught church history and a lot of what was in the text book was not pretty.

Anyway. I recall a recent story.

>friend's 21st birthday
>haven't gone out in lolita in ages = dress up tiem
>figured it would be fine because our friends were mostly classmates from the same department (theatre/dance students, we're used to seeing weird shit and creatively dressed people)
>on my way
>nothing short of expected: many people going out that night; kept my head up in spite of the curious looks and some snot-nosed basic girls w/their bfs
>the guys passing by thought I looked cool
>one even said, "Sexy" - lol, I guess?
>get there; outfit generally well received, even B-day boy's roommate is dressed up
>suddenly people outside of our department/circle of friends show up
>my old neighbor is a friend of B-day boy as well
>neighbor is DJing brostep/trap music in the basement and brings his basic bros and bitches friends along
>everyone is confused (because of the mixed crowds)
>tfw, it's getting too crowded and hot and I want to change into muggle clothing

Fortunately (and unfortunately), the party was cut short because of under cover cops trying to bust underage guests - most of them were the broski's friends.

>> No.7863269

>>7863199
>Call me basic all you want,
At least you know you are a basic bitch.
You can dress comfortably without wearing the basic bitch uniform, btw.

>> No.7863352

>>7861684
Ending that with
>i go get a smoothie

Anon you are my hero. I am now dreaming about a lolita superhero who beats up assholes and then gets snacks. I want to draw this.

>> No.7863390
File: 1.58 MB, 500x281, hell no.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7862136
In his case he buys second-hand clothing all the god damn time and calls it "campy", I should have mentioned that. I love him, but sometimes he can be a huge hypocritical bitch. He usually instigates the teasing, too.

Childhood friends are a lot harder to deal with when you're older and not constantly around them.

>> No.7863410

>>7861684
You're a frilly badass, congratulations anon.

>> No.7863445

>>7863138
did you get it? i wouldve given it to you based on that alone

>> No.7863491

>>7859995
aww, anon-chan, you still have morals!
I envy you.

>> No.7863505

>>7863445
Lol, I did actually!

>> No.7863536

>>7863505
sweeeet

>> No.7863557

>>7861919
Your friends are shit.
Have a sorta related story.
>Be me, now
>have younger sister, middle schooler
>sister is really bitchy
>screams at me for "dressing like a freak"
>has gotten to the point of clawing at my dresses while i wear them, and throwing smaller pieces (like a detachable bow)
>I always just shrug it off, but it really is sad that she is so shallow
>End up talking to somebody in her school
>Find out that her friends are horrible and judgemental
>oh shit, thats why she’s like this, her friends would be horrible if they saw me
>not sure how to tell her to get real friends

>> No.7863587

>>7862836
Aw, that's great! I hope I can go full out this year too. All I have to do is get over my nerves. The school is split between artsy people and rednecks, so it could go either way.

>> No.7863594

>>7862836
When I wore lolita to school I thought everyone would be judgmental. At first they were like wtf, then as time passed and they realized I was a rational person they could hold a conversation with they actually thought it was pretty cool. As long as you're a nice, respectable person people usually wont mind.

>> No.7863607

>>7863557
Just take her friends down a peg if you ever see them, the good thing about seeing little shits like that when you're older is that you can be as harsh as you want in telling them exactly what's wrong with them and they won't have any good comebacks.

>> No.7863614

I found out theres a narcissistic ita that attends my college.

>> No.7863619

>>7852965
>10/10 fanfic

>> No.7863622

>>7863352
Do it

>> No.7863627

>>7863614
What college do you go to?

>> No.7863644

>>7863627
One in washington state. Shes more of a cosplay lolita

>> No.7863647

>>7863644
Oh god those are the worst. My commiserations, anon.

>> No.7863672

>>7863557
It's middle school. Most of them time the friends you make aren't not going to be very good.

>> No.7863714
File: 141 KB, 500x281, tumblr_mh83mpn0P71rhi0rbo1_500.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I feel really lucky?

In college I twinned with my roommate. We were matched randomly and it was awesome. Nowadays I just wear it when I have time off (I just wear hoodies and jeans to work but on weekends I go full frill mode when I go out.) Lolita is just like dress up clothes for me. I have never gotten attacked but I definitely get stares and commentary from people passing. If it never escalates I will be okay with it, no one has ever said anything to me personally and I could give a shit about people side-snapping photos.

Maybe I should care more but I feel like if I let myself care at all that I'm shocking to see I'll just be heartbroken so I pull up the bootstraps and just rationalize that no one dresses like me and sometimes people are gonna be in shock. Surprisingly just like us weebs normal people have no social graces whatsoever and will be assholes no matter what.

I find it funny that I'm as disgusted with high level weebs as I am with the "normie" lookie-loos.

I wish some of you girls had more confidence and sass. Don't let anyone make you feel weird or bad for being you and keep sticking up for yourselves if you need to.

>> No.7863743

>>7851820
Uh, what? Pretentious generally characterizes someone that makes out to be more important, intelligent, cultured, successful, special, etc than they actually are.

You have no idea what you're talking about and somehow you didn't spell it correctly even though it was spelled correctly in the post you quoted.

It's almost impressive how badly you just fucked that up.

>> No.7863778

>>7851868
Bullshit.

>> No.7863788

>>7863778
Someone's judgey-pants are three sizes too small.

>> No.7863863

>>7863607
Will do if I see them. They seem the type to act nice in front of adults though.

>> No.7863864

>>7863778
No word of a lie, anon. Have some faith.

>> No.7863873

>>7863352
Please.

>> No.7863928

>>7862849
Ugh, I am also a tall lolita, and I do not like being mistaken for a man... I know those feels, anon.
And isn't lolita supposed to be fairly flat chested? To me it looks weird with big boobs... plus most brand dresses won't fit those suckers anyways.

>> No.7864045

>>7863928
I think it does, but those "are you a man" comments eventually got to me.I look like C cup with my pushup, and flat chested without.

>tfw comm meetup
>you are always the only one singled out and asked if you are a man

one day I'm going to get the confidence to say "prettiest man you ever met"
and stop wearing those pushups.

I don't have boobloaf or anything, so its fine.

>> No.7865048

bump

>> No.7865092

>>7853116
>Schools already over-punish even the slightest acts of what could be perceived as bullying. You are suggesting that schools do more of it. They already suspend people for calling someone "fat", "gay" or "stupid.

Maybe in Candyland.

>> No.7865111

>>7859883
>now people get in trouble for anything that even vaguely resembles bullying.

Why do people say this and act like it's some universal rule? It depends on the school, it depends on the teacher, the principal, the kids doing it and the kid themselves.g.

>> No.7865118

>>7859883
Because bullying back then was not taken as seriously and they'd always use the excuse of "kids will be kids" or "kids are mean and it's just a phase".

Whenever I tried to speak up about my bullying i'd get guilt-tripped by my bullies for "ratting them out". It only makes shit worse for the bullied.

I don't agree with how some schools go overboard with protecting their students, but this wouldn't have happened had they not let bullies get away with shit.

>> No.7865975

>>7862849
>from old farm family
>everyone six foot tal and kind of built like linebackers
>guess 200 years of carrying feed buckets will do that to you
>always hard for me to dress or act as feminine as I wanted
>give up for years and just wear hoodies and baggy pants and whatnot
>get into historic reenacting by accident
>get a corset
>oh damn this is pretty nice
>start waist training seriously
>feel more confident
>realize I'm rockin this corset under baggy ass shirts
>go get me some nice fitted dresses and heels
>go out all done up for first time
>people part in front of me
>thats right bitches I am your queen

>> No.7866001
File: 530 KB, 500x200, 094f900f061edae26596463a99748b61.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7865048
No. Cgl is just a slow board. This thread will be around for a long while; if anything, it's one the staple threads on this board.

Anyway. I used to run into a lot of cosplayers at my old retail job (oh and my co-worker at the time was once pretty heavy into con-going). It was always fun helping them pick out shoes for their cosplays and gushing over panels/guests/con in general. I also remembered a creepy, permascowling middle school aged girl with stringy hair in a Deidara cosplay being dragged with her mom (man, did she ever have the social grace to act like everything was normal). I never really cared for Naruto, but even if I did, I got some major second hand embarrassment.

I've always day dreamed of the day a lolita or a hime-gal would stumble into my job to find something appropriately cute for their outfits. I'm sad that it never happened.

Anyway.

>had a meet up one time
>went to a restaurant after tea because the tea room served too many sweets and we wanted "real food"
>an employee recognized the fashion and asked to take a photo of her
>she said that she used to be into the fashion, but it had gotten too expensive for her
>swapped info, but haven't heard from her or seen any requests to join our comm yet

I'm going to have to stop by again and try to get dressed up once more. I'm debating if I want to transfer to that restaurant once I move back with my folks after graduation. I'd like to get to know her and help her ease back into the fashion, but at the same time, I really don't want to work in a restaurant again.

>> No.7866005

>>7866001

that's kinda creepy imo. I'd just leave her be. She might have a bunch of life reasons getting in the way of her getting back into a frivolous fashion, your transferring to her restaurant won't help.

>> No.7866008

>>7866005
Probably. Man, I just remembered going out in lolita a few times and running into people who'd tell me that their daughters/ nieces/granddaughters wore lolita too. At one side, it's nice to hear that other people wear the fashion in my hometown, but on the otherhand, WHERE ARE THESE GIRLS AND WHY ARE THEY NOT IN MY COMM?!

>> No.7866014

>>7866005
Oh naw, my bad. I didn't mean to come off as someone with creepy intentions if you were referring to me. The area I'm from is usually a void of lolitas. I'll be moving back there soon and I'd hate to end up being a lone-lolita again. And like a lot of recent/upcoming grads, I'm a little unsure about my career prospects for the time being. The option of transferring to that place (even if it's temporary) is not where I'd like to be, especially seeing how the pay is crap compared to some other places and the work is fairly stressful. I just thought it would be kind of nice to be able to gush about the fashion with someone at work for once.

>> No.7866078

What are your thoughts on wearing a sailor fuku or a sailor top with a regular but matching skirt casually? Does it seem too weeby or nice if used with the right accessories?

>> No.7866106

>>7866078
I've done it. yes its weeby no matter wat

>> No.7866605

>>7866078
People actually stared at me more in my seifuku than in my lolita, and that's saying something. I still think it's super cute but it looks very out of place.

>> No.7866627

>>7866078
I've worn mine with jeans and a cardi. certainly not as many stares as actual jfash gets me. might be different with a skirt though.

>> No.7869771

>>7866078
I've worn both because my bf told me it would be cute. its just as awkward as wearing lolita.