[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 71 KB, 287x635, fat_lolita_lady__u_by_xxluca_chanxx-d3gebci.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
7979567 No.7979567 [Reply] [Original]

is there a comm for nonfat lolitas? tbh sometimes it is embarrassing to be seen with bigger lolitas because they only wear replica and make our fashion seem like a costume. not talking about chubby lolitas who fit into brand sizes. talking about the morbidly obese ladies

>> No.7979647
File: 200 KB, 325x395, therewegoagain.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7979567
>chubby lolitas who fit into brand sizes.
custom sizes and plus sizes
>is there a comm for nonfat lolitas?
no because "you are fat, go away!" would even worsen the situation due to massive (heh) protests, bad opinions on tumblr etc.

>> No.7979657

you could make one depending on how much of a dick you want to sound like

>> No.7979895

>>7979567
I mean, you could start your own, but you'd probably get hell for it.

>> No.7980004

>start invite only comm
>only invite skinny people
>profit????

>> No.7980006

>>7980004
What if the skinny people got fat? Do you send them a notice of expulsion?

>> No.7980144

>>7979567
Are you 12? You sound 12.

>waaahh fatties, gonna make my own secret club.

>> No.7980153

What if the skinny people are itas?

>> No.7980156

>>7979567
You can make your own comm. You already know you're going to get shit for doing so, though. Lolita is already a subculture, so making it even smaller probably isn't going to end well for you.

>> No.7980603

you are seriously the most shallow person i have ever seen on this board

>> No.7980609

>>7979567
Don't get discouraged. I fully support your idea.
Fat "lolitas" just look ridiculous, everybody knows that. It's a pain to be seen with them.

>> No.7980630

what's with all the heavy ladies getting their garbage all hot and bothered

>> No.7980642

>>7980144
>>7980603
I can kinda see where OP is coming from. I got nothing against chubby Lolitas if they dress well and can act like reasonable people in public, but if morbidly obese chicks squeeze themselves in shit that don't fit and makes them look like a big, fat joke, I wouldn't want to be seen in public with them, either.

>> No.7980656

Serious question... But why do people choose to be overweight? I highly doubt that a majority of them have some kind of health related issue that prevents them from losing weight. I'm all for being body positive, since not all girls can be 5'1" and at 100lbs, but how can you think it's beautiful to have rolls of fat encasing your body?

I went from 195 to 130 in 6 months and the two things that changed were exercising and my eating habits. It honestly didn't take that much more effort - I went to the gym for an hour 3x a week. I admit that I was lazy as fuck beforehand and that was the only thing preventing me from losing weight.

I'm still considered large, and I don't know if I would be able to lose more weight without putting in more effort, but I'm so much happier with my body now.

>> No.7980673

>>7980656
since I started going to the gym, I was asking myself the same question
even extremely lazy people (such as myself) can lose weight, it just takes TIME. I don't want to become a health/weight nazi, but I can't help it - I see grandmothers and disabled people at the gym, but apparently fat teenage ~body positivity~ girls "can't lose weight"? yeah right
exercise a little, eat a little bit more healthy. the only downside is that some gyms are really expensive or far away, depending on where you live.

>> No.7980682

>>7980603
That makes sense for someone who's only been here a day.

>> No.7980688

Tbh, OP I actually left lolita since I hated all the fat girls so much. They are really embarrassing, squeezing themselves into brand, wearing horrid barely passable lolita made of the worst fabric and looking like giant fat babies in shit replicas. I just couldn't deal with it anymore. I tried being a lone loli, but it got to the point I didn't want to even be associated with them.

If I were you and wanted to stay in the fashion, why not just have private meetups with the skinnier girls.

>> No.7980700
File: 52 KB, 625x626, 018.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Couldn't be more obvious if you tried.

>> No.7980709

>>7980656
>how can you think it's beautiful to have rolls of fat encasing your body
Nobody actually thinks this. Some people pretend to because it makes them feel better about themselves, but deep down they know there's something wrong with them.

For many fat people it's that they honestly don't realize how shit their diet is. I lived with a morbidly obese roommate for three years and she'd swear up and down that she only ate healthy snacks and meals, even though I caught her with junk food at least four times a week. She'd also eat colossal portions meant for two or three people and thought that was perfectly normal, and didn't believe that drinks (soda, energy drinks) could contribute to weight gain. I sometimes feel like she'd need a 24/7 life coach to get her shit together but she'd first have to admit to her own faults rather than blame her ~*metabolism*~.

>> No.7980714

>>7980656
A lot of them don't? For me I gained a lot of weight in a short period of time and by the time I noticed I got stuck to the habit of eating a fuckton of food.

Idk about other fat people but I fucking hate myself and cry everytime i go shopping for clothes so there's that.

>> No.7980764

>>7980714
Assuming you just got a little weight and not like 100 pounds too much you could easily lose weight and not feel hungry or miss out on tasty things. Cutting 250 calories a day is perfectly possible even more so if you do something as simple as walk a hour a day (which is the alternative to lifting if you're lazy). Just count calories and have a good estimate of how much you burn. That will result in losing 1kg or 2.2 pounds a month. Months fly by quickly.

>> No.7980767

>>7980006
yes

>> No.7980769

>>7980764
oh no I"m a fat fuck.
But yeah I know and it always goes well at first but I always end up falling back into bad habits. But that's my issue and no one else's.
Walking sounds nice though, I need to pick that up again, I used to do it and would lose weight pretty decently.

>> No.7980776

>>7980769
Walking is what contributed to me losing about 13 pounds in a couple of months. It's something I can easily get myself up to if I can reward myself with a small portion of sweets afterwards. Having a wristband that tracks steps also helps.

The biggest issue for people trying to lose weight is probably wrong expectations. Like the 10 pounds in 10 days shit. Just go slow and steady and change your daily habits. Weight yourself regularly to be motivated by the smallest changes.

>> No.7980861

>>7979567
get mod, ban landwhales.

>> No.7980975

Any opinions how to politely exclude fat lolitas from comm?

>> No.7980981

>>7980975
There is literally no way to do this without revealing what a piece of shit you are

>> No.7980992

>>7980975
Physically active meets. Seriously. Whenever we have sit-down meetups at restaurants or tea houses all five fatties in my comm show up, but when it is announced that the meet involves a brisk walk somewhere like a park suddenly none of them can make it.

Also official brand tea parties with a dresscode keep out the really big ones that don't fit into anything but handmade and replicas.

>> No.7980997

>>7980981

>>7967547

>> No.7981000

>>7980992
>Physically active meets.
Haha, yes. That's an amazing idea.

God, I always see so ashamed when I see a fat girl at an official tea party.

>> No.7981071

i think fat ppl are cute and fat sweet lolitas often times can look better than skinny girls, sweet lolita revolves around prints covered in food and meets often consist of food related things, im a skinny girl and i eat like a horse with no weight gain but i have certainly been jelious of bigger girls for their cute faces and legs and other things

>> No.7981099

>>7981071
Said no thin girl ever

>> No.7981135

>>7981071
Idk, man, I'm skinny and I don't disagree. I'm not jealous of chubby girls, but they look really cute in sweet lolita

>> No.7981155

>>7979567
I completely understand, and I'd join OP

>> No.7981171

>>7981071
>>7981135
Chubby girls only look cute in lolita if they're pear shaped. If they have big boobs or a big waist they will look like an overstuffed sausage rather than a chubby doll.

>> No.7981191

>>7980700
You sound fat.

>> No.7981206

>>7981071
I disagree. I think sweet is one of the worst looks for fat girls. You're wearing Victorian children's clothes but you look like you just ate 10 Victorian children for god's sake.

Also the OTT cupcake skirts and bell petticoats tend to make anyone look a bit heftier, so it's one of the least flattering fashions ever imo. An A line petticoat can hide fat but a bell petticoat just makes you look even more giant than you already are.

>> No.7981294

>>7980688
You forgot how on top of everything they also make little comments about being fat while fishing for "What no you're not fat!!!!!1" compliments. If I had a fucking nickle for every time my fat lolita friends cried about their brand not fitting them anymore or about how fat they are, the total would fund my entire wardrobe.

>> No.7981304
File: 57 KB, 720x668, 10570379_1467301373539381_4574333448912543415_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7981206
>You're wearing Victorian children's clothes but you look like you just ate 10 Victorian children

>> No.7981319

>>7981294
Yep that is definitely true.

>> No.7983230

>>7981171
Chubby girls with big titters are my favorite lolitas. The fats can fucking leave though.

>> No.7983255

>>7980656
As another seagull posted here
>>7979919
>it's a habit thing for most people

?You start eating more than you should, you keep doing it, often times just feeling nice and full is what you need, it's not a completely conscious thing you just want it. And over time it takes more to feel full, more food, more tastes, it makes you feel good for a bit, so you crave it consistently, even if you aren't hungry ever. You know it isn't right, it only makes it worse, but it's the easiest way to make you feel good, requires no effort. So you get bigger and bigger, can eat more and more, your stomach is a fucking bottomless pit.

>I mean, that's how I feel it is for me, personally. Took me a long time to understand. One day I was just like, jesus fuck, how was it possible for me to get THIS huge.

>> No.7983290

>>7980656
The same way you "chose" to be 195 pounds

>> No.7983300

>>7980656
>>7983290
btfo

>> No.7983308

>>7983290
>"chose"
But you can choose that, you can choose to overeat and choose to exercise, it's really simple.
>inb4 muh thyroid problems
Thyroid issues only cause 30lbs of weight gain, and are really rare anyways.

>> No.7983311

>>7980656
>130
>big
I'm going to stop you there and cry into my oreos.

>> No.7983312

>>7983308
Well then the poster you replied to adequately answered that question then.

>> No.7984019

>>7980656
Just saying... there are a lot of bigger girls that are not choosing to be big...
I am not a thin person... i'm not big nor morbidly obese... but I'm fighting off the weight every day...
I have a lot of hormonal problems and there is no cure... I want to be be slim and skinny like everyone else... but, there is just no way...
I am going to the nutricionist for years now... just to keep the weight stable...
I'm not choosing to be bigger its just how it is!

>> No.7984024

>>7984019
>are a lot of
Not a lot.

>> No.7984061

>>7981071
>chubby chaser
tho actually when I was younger is have these extreme jealous fit over how small and "gross" my tights and bum were and constantly compare myself to girls who were average to kinda chubby with rounder hips and butts and thighs

needless to say it took me a while to figure out I was a lesbian

also
>obsessed with soft round boobs
gay

>> No.7984068

>>7980156
It won't be a joke if everyone else looks fine, it will just reflect badly on whoever looks bad in the clothing (which could be anyone, fat or thin).

Stupid idea though.

>> No.7984073

>>7984068
Responded to the wrong post, sorry.

>> No.7985191
File: 77 KB, 1008x630, ulandwhale.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

This is a perfect example of that.

>> No.7985199

>reminder that humor thread has been deleted by janitor and this thread is still on
wtf?

>> No.7990469

>>7981171
>big boobs
my eternal fucking curse, just hack them off

>> No.7990485

Think of the bright side, they'll make you look amazing by their side.

>> No.7990568

>>7980656

In my case, I was fat from like 11 on. I'm still struggling with it now because of a lifetime of awful habits and pretty much no one who supports my efforts- my grandmother actually tries to sabotage me. I don't know if she does it on purpose, but I'm pretty certain she's the reason I'm fat in the first place. I spent a lot of my childhood with her and she let me eat whatever I wanted, whenever I wanted, and however much I wanted as well as letting me be lazy if I wanted.

I'm watching her do it to another kid now- he's 16 or 17 and has to weigh 300 pounds. I've been to her house and seen her buy him an entire large pizza just for himself, just for one meal. Or let him eat an entire family size frozen lasagna or macaroni and cheese or something. He won't touch vegetables and from what I've seen eats mostly fried food, fast food, frozen entrees, and entire 2 litres of soda. Every time I'm there he's either watching TV or playing his X-Box so I don't think he exercises either. Whenever I bring up the fact that she is feeding him way more than he needs, she just says, "He's a growing boy!"

>> No.7990583

>>7984019
You sound either underage, drugged up or just plain dumb. Please learn how to use punctuation and spell check properly if you want to be taken seriously.

>>7990568
My grandmother is similar, although I wasn't exposed to her much and was way too stubborn to give in to her. She'd put huge plates of food in front of me and then shame me when I didn't finish all of it. Often when I left something my father would finish it for me and she'd tell me that it was my fault my father is fat and that if I loved him I should eat more. I'm not surprised all her children and most of her grandchildren are significantly overweight.

>> No.7990614

>>7990583

Fortunately for me I always did genuinely like healthy food, even if I also enjoyed junk food, so it's a little easier for me to eat better now, I think. Unfortunately, I stayed with her a lot of the time and then lived with her from about age 14 onwards. I also got the "STARVING KIDS IN AFRICA!!" treatment if I didn't finish my plate or whatever, in addition to everything else.

>> No.7990724

I kind of wonder if I'm too fat for lolita. At 5'6" and 142 lbs I definitely feel fat when standing next to my skinnier friends, I'm incredibly pear shaped with big thighs and a big ass and I feel like shit all over. I used to weigh 170 but my weight has plateaued for the past 3 years...

I've always loved the fashion though. Will I be busting seams in brand? I also kind of feel insecure when standing next to girls who are thinner than me, especially while eating.

>> No.7990731

>>7990724
If it's all in your butt and thighs it won't even show in lolita. We can't really tell you whether you will fit brand or not without knowing your bust and waist measurements. Personally I think you'll be fine as long as you're not exclusively lusting after unshirred MM and VM pieces. I myself have 40" hips that completely disappear in lolita and people actually seem to think I'm a lot skinnier when I wear it.

>> No.7990749

>>7990568
my grandma starved me as a kid. she would take away my food as punishment and purposely cut my portions in half

what the fuck is wrong with grandmothers

>> No.7990751

>>7990749
seriously

>> No.7990809

>>7990731
I have a 34 inch bust, 28 inch waist, and 36 inch hips. Is that small enough? I'm also kind of flabby so I have love handles and this annoying pouch on my stomach.

>> No.7990815

>>7981206
This is the best post in /cgl/

>> No.7990819

>>7990815
This is the worst.

>> No.7990860

>>7990749
>>7990568
Parents and grandparents who overfeed their kids should be as punished as those that starved theirs. Toddlers should always have some chub to them, but seeing 12 year olds with triple chins makes me want to cry.

My Grandmother used to starve my Mum and her kids, one of them even grew up stunted, which is what led to my healthy food upbringing (even though I love junkfood so much). When my grandmother got too old to cook well, she started buying convenience food, and by proxy everyone in the house became obese and her youngest son has been babied too much that he will probably never lose the weight. She even overfed her dogs with rich food to the point its' organs packed in and it died slowly.
Food is dangerous both in scarcity and abundance.

>> No.7990869

>>7990809
Wat, you are almost my measurements but I am a few inches shorter and 117ish lbs... How flabby is flabby? You need to give arm circumference or something else as well because brand fits me perfectly and I am seriously 1in less than you all around.

>> No.7990870

>>7990568
I feel you anon. My grand-parents are italians and they were pretty pleased to feed me pastas with a huge load of sauce or potatoes cooked with a shitload of fat. I always loved food anyway and couldn't understand why my classmates were thin except me because we played and did PE together. I was just eating way more without realising and my mom being pretty shitty at cooking only did easy fatty recipes.

>>7990583
Also pretty much this too, plus I was used to hear "don't drink while you eat or you won't finish everything" and you add an habit of finishing your plates and miscalculating your proportions ...

breaking the habit of eating is especially hard, I really need to remind myself I don't need to eat at fixed hours. My cousin was also obese (I was *merely* overweight) then we woke up, lose all the weight and while I bounced back to chubby I know I can do it again.

>> No.7990887

>>7990860

I've tried to impress upon her just how terrible what's she doing is. I haven't been thin since I was a child. I wasn't like triple chin fat as a teenager, but I was pretty porky. It's made losing weight insanely hard, plus the awful and pretty much irreversible things it did to my body (like stretch marks and such) and all the self-esteem issues. Not to mention it making finding cute clothes really difficult!

She doesn't listen though. This kid she's got has probably gained 150 pounds in a year at least. He's also really depressed, suicidal, and hates himself. Every time I try to bring it up she always brushes me off. "He's a growing boy!" "He's got to have SOMETHING to make him happy!" "He just doesn't like vegetables, he won't eat them!" "He doesn't feel good." "Are you saying you didn't like it?" (Yes, grandma, yes I am.)

It kind of makes me laugh (only a little bitterly) whenever I hear people argue about "weight gain being genetic." In my case it certainly was hereditary although the vast majority has nothing to do with my genetic makeup. I am absolutely with you on there needing to be some kind of intervention- we had doctors telling her that I needed to lose weight as kid but of course that did nothing and nobody ever really DID anything about it.

>> No.7990921

>>7990731
This, you really need to learn which type of dress by which brand suits you, it's totally feasible to fit into brand even with a bit of chub if it's mostly in your lower body.

I got a disparate closet and I learned the hard way for example that pieces like the AP sweet jam sundress squeeze the shit out of my boobs and I need to be at my lowest to wear it. On the other hand, my MMM op beautifully accentuate my breasts without making it vulgar. Now the MMM skirts are not forgiving if you got a chubby waist.

It's crazy how some jks and op from the same brand can make you either a boobloaf or a beautiful chest but I guess it depends on the different patterns for the bodice.

>> No.7990927

>>7990749
How old are these grandparents? I've read that people who lived through the depression have problems with hoarding and overfeeding now that food isn't scarce or excessively expensive.

It really sucks that they just don't fix their ways, but there may be a psychological explanation for it based on their history.

>> No.7990931

>>7990927
I think it's a mix of different reasons. Mine were poor and farmers or doing manual works, I think they needed the fat to keep going and weren't overweight because of the exercise. Also making a huge serving of potatoes or polenta for 10 was common since it's not expensive.

>> No.7990935

>>7990927

Overfeeding grandma here, she's 68 now. She was 40 when I was born, so she's not a Great Depression or WW2 baby, she's a boomer.

What's interesting is that my dad says she wasn't like that at ALL when he was growing up- she fed them really healthy and was into "health foods" like buckwheat flour and homemade everything and stuff.

>> No.7990938

>>7990809
Sounds like you're just skinnyfat with a small frame and should have no problem fitting brand at all. I'm two inches smaller than you in the bust and waist and all my brand dresses are roomy as hell, so you should be fine.

>>7990860
Feeding your pets too much or too little is considered animal abuse, and I don't see how doing the same to a small child isn't child abuse. Of course it's more complicated for 16-year-olds and the like who have more of an ability to make their own choices but if a preteen is obese and doesn't have some super rare medical condition that makes this inevitable I really think their guardians need to be reprimanded and educated on healthy diets and portion sizes.

>>7990887
Poor kid sounds like he's growing horizontally more than he's growing vertically. 150 pounds is more than I weight and I'm an adult woman. Dang.

>>7990927
"If you don't finish this ridiculously large portion you don't love your father enough" grandma anon here, and she did live through the hunger winter during WWII. That might have something to do with it. She's extremely frugal/stingy with everything except food.

>> No.7990940

>>7990869
I just measured my upper arms and got 12 inches. Idk, some of my weight might be muscle because I've been going to the gym twice a week for the past several months and I walk really long distances each day.

For some reason all the crunches and planks I've been trying to do haven't done much for my mid section. Maybe I'm not doing them right.

>> No.7990966

>>7990927
I'm >>7990860 I reckon it's probably a lot to do with microwaves and how cheap junk is.

To begin with the family was big, so after Gran had cooked traditionally and the kids would fight over it in that classic way. Whereas after her husband got old and most the kids left, there was less pressure to make homecooked meals, and so microwave meals and snacks instead.
I'm also suspicious that the way she overfed her younger kids and tries to overfeed me is some sort of internalised guilt from her earlier parenting.

>> No.7991013

All it takes to lose weight is portion control and increased physical activity.

You don't need to stop eating junk food per say as long as you manage the proportions. We've been conditioned to believe absurdly large portions are normal, originally a Happy Meal for kids was considered a normal serving for an adult. The second thing is to eat until you're no longer hungry not until you're full. Stop eating sooner and you'll reduce your calorie intake. Learn to ignore the small feelings of hunger. You're not actually starving yourself because you're eating regular meals and getting proper nutrition, however your body is used to eating more so it'll send signals like it is. After a few days your body will adjust and those hunger pangs between meals will go away.

On to physical activity. The trap people fall into is a weird sense of propriety that there is a special time and place for exercise along with a special wardrobe and intensity. Exercise does not require a gym membership, signing up for classes and special workout clothes. You can go walking or exercise at home. People often throw themselves into exercise too hard and their body isn't used to it, take it easier and do what you can do. On the other hand, there is a minimum level of exertion in order for the time to be time efficient. You need to push yourself a little to feel the effort when you exercise. If weight makes walking difficult then go swimming.

>> No.7991766

Why has no one here actually mentioned counting calories and just eating 500 below your TDEE? Weight loss is not magic; it's thermodynamics. If you eat more than you use, you store fat, and vice versa.

Also, /fit/ is a nice place. Lost literally 50 pounds in the last year, myself. A food scale is your greatest ally.

>> No.7991771

>>7991766
I wouldn't recommend someone who burns 1400 calories a day to cut 500. Try 300 or 250.

>> No.7991777

>>7984019
You use punctuation like elleydoll/Michelle.

>> No.7991785

>>7990927
Man I live in the poorest part of Europe where there's always been some war and even my grandmother didn't act like that. Quite the opposite, they always try to stuff me full of food whenever I'm over and even my husband, who grew up on a fucking mountain, is built like a commieblock and eats like a bear can't keep up with all the food and desserts.

Luckily I'm one of those people who have trouble gaining weight so it actually keeps my weight in a healthy range.

>> No.7991789

>>7991785
>in the poorest part of Europe where there's always been some war
Which part of Europe is that? Some recently joined or not actually europe part?

>> No.7991832

>>7991771
Someone who only burns 1400 calories a day must be short and thin already and won't do anything else than sit around all day.
I'm 5'9'', 122 lbs and my TDEE for "couch potato" would be 1637/day.

>> No.7991936

>>7991789
Probably near Bosnia or against Russians or Muslims

>> No.7991965

>>7980656
It depends on what you consider to be "overweight." A lot of people on this board have this retarded idea in their heads that a 30" waist or larger breasts means you're a piggy. When you're getting down to small measurements like that it becomes exponentially harder to lose weight if your body isn't pre-programmed to be that thin (especially if you were born with larger breasts or wide hips).

>> No.7992005

>>7990940
You can't spot reduce.

>> No.7992010

>>7980656
>130
>considered large
>am 127
>tears

>> No.7992011
File: 1016 KB, 322x166, tumblr_muooz4zEUX1qdlh1io1_400.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7981294
I hope you realize it really can feel awful to have gained weight and not fit into your clothes anymore. Sorry it's annoying that your "fat friends" are complaining. It's probably more annoying to them that they've gained weight.

When I fell into a depression last year, my body decided to also make me gain 20 pounds. And that wasn't due to eating unhealthily, I couldn't have if I wanted to, because I also got IBS which gives me the worst stomach aches if I even try to eat something fatty.
It made me feel damned horrible. I didn't want to go to meetings anymore because I just felt fat and didn't fit into any of my pretty dresses anymore. On top of that, IBS made sure I couldn't go to meetings which high-teas or dinner were a part of. Lolita was one of the things that made me happy, and not being able to go to meetings anymore turned me into some sorta social recluse which obviously didn't help with my depression.

And yes I've exercised all this time. I cycle to work every day and I go running three times a week. I worked to stay at a healthy weight but sometimes your body just says "fuck you".

(I've mostly gotten over my depression and have lost the weight. I've started going to meetings again and it's great to be back.)

>> No.7992020

>>7985191
but... she looks fine?

>> No.7992023

>>7992010
Lel, if you actually take anything said by anons on /cgl/ so serious than say goodbye to your self esteem forever. Remember, we're in a bait-tier thread about "fatties", you should take everything said here with a ton of salt. Also, your weight is fine.

>> No.7992142

>>7980603
>the most shallow person i have ever seen on this board
how neue~

>> No.7992146

>>7984019
what is with the overuse of ellipses? stop that.

>> No.7992669

>>7980656
In my case I have a chronic mental health condition, and I eat healthy when I can, but tend to overeat carbs as a coping mechanism to try to hide my mental illness- most other things that would help would get in the way of me keeping a job, and when I'm at work is when I am most stressed.

Stress eating is a terrible habit that many overweight women teach their children. The american lifestyle reinforces it and it's difficult to break when you are able to live on your own.
Also, have you heard of the "spoons" theory?

I like being active, actually. But for me, being in public uses up more spoons- I tried to join a gym once but the place is right next to a mcdonald's and has this giant window- so while you feel massively vulnerable people can drive by and laugh at the fatty on the elliptical trying to exercise like real people. And my apartment is a studio I share with someone else.

Basically, any time I am around other people or doing something that makes me feel vulnerable (and thanks to shitty texas public schools, I am aware that I am bad at anything physical and should feel bad for even trying to do it because no one could really be that bad at it and obviously I'm not even trying!) I run out of energy very quickly. So on a day when I work, I go home and fall asleep half the time.

I love to cook, I love fresh foods, I love hiking and swimming. When I feel safe and not insane, I can get almost to a normal size, but it all comes back and then I feel like I should just kill myself for being weak.

Also, most mental health medications have weight gain as a side effect and I was on one as a teen for several years. My doctor wouldn't believe it was the medicine, put me on a special diet, and I followed it as hard as a 15 year old can, and I gained weight. I started going for long walks. Doctor just said I wasn't trying hard enough. I stayed on the medication til I was a legal adult, then when I went off of it, I lost like 60lbs overnight.

>> No.7992676

>>7990724
Depends on your measurements and proportions more than just height/weight.

>> No.7992679

>>7980992
This is brilliant!

>> No.7992680

>>7980992
unrelated but what brand of shoes are you buying that's both lolita-appropriate and comfortable enough for a nice brisk walk?

>> No.7992684

>>7992680
tea parties, flatter shoes, chunkier heels, bodyline. I wear bodyline shoes as every day shoes actually.

>> No.7992689

>>7991965
30" waist is pretty big for average height woman, I'm thinking...

>> No.7992712

>>7979567
I think the ones who wear nice custom indie brands in flattering colors and cuts aren't embarassing but honestly? They are few.
I don't like most of the coords I see on big people, they usually do not go the extra mile with shape wear, leg wear that flatters, etc.
Something or several things are usually off. There are exceptions of course, but for the most part I don't think most fatter Lolitas do enough to make their coords look as good as they need to.

>> No.7992751

>>7992680
Hotter, Hush Puppies, Clarks and Fluevogs

>> No.7993239

>>7991766
Without some kind of exercise, you just become skinny fat.

>tfw I'm 5'2" and 115lbs on a good day and I look pregnant

>> No.7993247

>>7992011
What does any of this have to do with making it your friends problem too by constantly complaining about it to them?

>> No.7993304

>>7991832
I'm 5'4 and 130 pounds. 1400 is my base caloric expenditure.

>> No.7993307

>>7980656
Sweet sweet chubby tears, thanks for posting this the replies gave me great joy,

btw girls if your bmi is above average you probably are pretty big, it's not hard to become thin just don't over indulge and walk for atleast 30 mins a day and you'll atleast be average or a little toned

>> No.7993309

>>7990724
Your weight is quite high for a girl of that height, you want to be around 120 at that height

>> No.7993335

>>7993247
I dunno, man, maybe because friends are supposed to be there for you? Because if they can't even stand to listen to your problem, they're not really a friend to start with?
Don't tell me you never complain about something that's bothering you to friends. You're on cgl for god's sake.

>> No.7993529

So have we decided a cut off point for what measurements we should kick out the fat ones from this imaginary comm?

>> No.7993655
File: 95 KB, 620x325, female_hcg_height_and_weight_chart.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7993309
Actually, she's fine if she has a medium frame. It would only be high with a small frame. But it also depends upon body fat percentages too.

It has less to do with weight and more about measurements. If she can fit into most things fine, I'm sure she she's not "quite high".

>>7993307
Yes because not not overindulging and walking for 30 minutes a day is going to get you a little toned. It takes a lot more than that, moreso if your body doesn't build muscle easily.

>> No.7993680

>>7993655
Honestly I don't think this chart is very fair or accurate. I'm 5 foot 2 and I weigh about 102 pounds. I don't consider myself underweight at all, and when I'm in shape during cross country season I'm usually around 100 pounds. My BMI is also in the normal range, albeit on the small side. I guess you could say I have a petite body frame or something, but I feel like this chart has inflated the weights quite a bit.

>> No.7993766

>>7991965
Unless you're >5'6" a 30 inch waist is pretty big for a woman.

>> No.7993773

>>7993335
LOL what. What an entitlement whore. Friends are not supposed to be there for you whenever you fucking want, they are people too and sometimes it gets really annoying hearing passive statements about how you are too fat for your clothes multiple times while hanging out. If you think friends are blindly supposed to be there for you and always listen to your problems, maybe stop and think for a minute about your expectations for a moment because that doesn't sound like friendship, that sounds like using people.

There is a difference between venting while trying to ask for help/fix a problem vs. pointless, endless complaining.

Did you ever stop and think it makes them uncomfortable? No, of course not, you are too preoccupied with being fat in your fatty world to even consider how your friends feel. Maybe your friend feels like she is fat too and every time you bring it up it hurts her but she feels it's not her place to ask you to stop? Maybe your friend has an eating disorder (or recovered from one) you don't know about and every time you bring up your fatness it makes her feel like shit but she is too embarrassed to say what she struggled with to ask you to stop? Did that ever even dawn on you? Of course not, because the world apparently revolves around you what with your own gravitational pull. No one else has feelings and your friends should just forever listen to your pointless whining BECAUSE THAT'S WHAT A FRIEND IS SUPPOSED TO DO LIEK DUH.

>> No.7993786

>>7992680
All of my shoes are lolita-appropriate and comfy to walk in. If I can't walk a few miles in a pair of shoes without pain I sell or trash them.
>nearly everything from Bodyline including the platforms (especially RHS!)
>those Taobao heels everyone has
>various Western brands that make classic and gothic-appropriate pumps and oxfords

>> No.7993806

>>7993655
I (165 cm/5'5, 47 kg/103 lbs) just saw this and thought "haha stupid doctors and their stupid unrealistic weight charts. If I was 117 pounds I'd be sooooooo fat"
Then I converted it to metric. I was 117 lbs/53 kg. year ago and I was very skinny even then. I just got shocked that my relation to weight is that unhealthy, what should i do? ;_;
I still want to lose weight badly, I have this dream of getting under 100 lbs, but I am so afraid that I am ruining my body.
I try to tell myself that it is okay for me to be a bit underweight because I have the tiniest frame ever, but I just got shocked that I am THAT underweight...

>> No.7993835

>janitor keeps this b8 thread up while deleting other worthy on-topic threads like BtB and gossip/nostalgia generals
Basic.

Anyway I'm 5'3 and 180. Probably the least heavy I've been since high school. Two years ago I was damn near 250 pounds until I got a lap band to help control my binge eating. But what does OP care about my actual history? Does OP know I've been a paid lifeguard, a varsity soccer sweeper, and a college rugby player and that I just have a bad relationship with food due to childhood/teenage trauma regarding my living situation? No. Does OP know I'm a grad student with seasonal depression and I become more stressed and less active during winter months? No. OP also doesn't seem to realize that being fat also doesn't affect my ability to coordinate or, for that matter, tailor my brand to flatter my shape.

All OP wants to do is flail around screaming about fat people on the internet to make themselves feel better, and 'teehee imma troowll cgl and make a no fattiez in muh comm thread.' Absolute disgusting trash probably not even rori/10

>> No.7994053

>>7993835
Does OP care about your situation? No, OP doesn't give a shit.

OP doesn't like fatties like you who make excuses like this to explain your fatness. Fatties would be infinitely more tolerable if they just said, "Yes, I'm fat. Yes, I should lose the weight." You had to give us your whole fucking life story as to WHY you're fat.

We don't care. All that remains is: You're fat, and you look like shit, and OP would rather hang with pretty girls who can take care of themselves.

Why hang around fat girls who make the fashion seem like a joke? I sure wouldn't want to, unless they were extremely well dressed and wore their weight well (which is fucking rare).

>> No.7994063

>>7994053
You sound like OP lol, what a joke samefagging your own thread so hard just to support your myopic and shallow opinion. Hating on fat people is extremely backwards and idiotic, its a waste of energy and mental resources. This isn't the 50s.

The only people who make the lolita fashion look bad, are itas and dramawhores. And there are plenty of skinny ita's out there.

>> No.7994075

>>7980656
pls tell us how tall you are that 130 is large to you?

>> No.7994078

>>7994063
Would it really surprise you to find out that I'm not actually OP? You talk as if OP is the only person in the world who shares my opinion.

And tbh, hating on fat people isn't a waste of energy and mental resources to me, because I avoid them if possible irl and only hang out with girls I think are well-dressed in my comm.

I don't understand what fat people want. You don't want hate? Then stop making excuses like in this >>7993835 post and go visit /fit/ or some shit. You talk as if fat people are the only ones going through hardship and as if being fat is something that is impossible to change. (Newsflash: it isn't.)

>> No.7994086

>All the misinformation regarding weight-loss and muscle-gain

You bitches need to take a trip to /fit/ and read the fucking sticky there.

>> No.7994090

>>7994053
Did you not read the part that they went from 250 to 180 and even went as far as getting a lap band to help them do it?

I think they're well past the point of recognizing their need to lose weight you massive retard.

>> No.7994099

>>7994053
>>7994078
>fat person states their history and has clearly shown their ability to lose weight
>highlights how unfair it is to assume people look like shit in lolita because of their weight and not their actual coordinating abilities

Your response
>Bawww ur making excuses u fukkin groce fat shit!
They may be fat, but at least they're not an idiot like you.

>> No.7994102

>>7994090
>>7994099
Good on them for getting to 180 from 250, but being 180 at 5'3 is still grossly far from being at a healthy weight.

>>highlights how unfair it is to assume people look like shit in lolita because of their weight and not their actual coordinating abilities

to which I said

>Why hang around fat girls who make the fashion seem like a joke? I sure wouldn't want to, unless they were extremely well dressed and wore their weight well (which is fucking rare).

>> No.7994108

>>7994102
They didn't say they were at a healthy weight. They also didn't say that they weren't working on losing more. You assumed those things to validate your autistic outburst about excuses. Get over yourself.

>> No.7994109

>>7994078
Being fat is kind of like an attribute of their character, it would be weird for them to try too hard to change it, its not natural.

They should stay fat if they want, besides it makes me feel better about my own body

>> No.7994131
File: 251 KB, 942x350, faces.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7979567
Here's a handy guide with faces, since that's usually a better indicator of overall likability.

>> No.7994147

>>7994108
>Anyway I'm 5'3 and 180. Probably the least heavy I've been since high school. Two years ago I was damn near 250 pounds until I got a lap band to help control my binge eating. But what does OP care about my actual history? Does OP know I've been a paid lifeguard, a varsity soccer sweeper, and a college rugby player and that I just have a bad relationship with food due to childhood/teenage trauma regarding my living situation? No. Does OP know I'm a grad student with seasonal depression and I become more stressed and less active during winter months? No. OP also doesn't seem to realize that being fat also doesn't affect my ability to coordinate or, for that matter, tailor my brand to flatter my shape.

Implying those aren't excuses.

Like I said before, I don't care about their life story and whether or not they're going to continue to lose weight. They're still fat. I said I don't like fat people because they can't take care of themselves and because they make the fashion look like a joke. Arguing with me as to why thinking like that is "bad" isn't going to help, because I genuinely like hanging out with the well-dressed, skinny girls of my comm.

Also, it's not like she's the only fat person on this board. There are a ton of landwhales on here who give excuses on their fatness all the time. Don't isolate my posts to apply only to the anon I replied to. It can apply to so many posts and was posted more generally than anything.

>> No.7994152

>>7994131
When it comes to fatness I don't mind #2 at all. I've seen many coords from chubby girls on here that looked wonderful.

#3 is really gross though.

>> No.7994159

By the way, what is cgl's idea of "acceptable" weight? Like when do we start to enter fattychan territory?

>> No.7994164

>>7994159
Probably when you start looking like #3 in >>7994131

"Acceptable" weight really depends on quite a few factors, like height, build, etc.

>> No.7994204

I need to work hard and keep pretty strictly to a clean diet to maintain my normal-to-slim figure, it's a big part of my lifestyle. I've found a great many fatty-chans to be jealous (overtly or covertly) and at times downright resentful of thinner Lolitas and many are stressed to the max about their fatness on meet days so it's a pain to be around them because they are grumpy. I don't know the max measurements of my clothes, I wear some Moitie and I don't shop indie brands, I'm interested in talking about the brands and the upcoming releases, how we all look in things and without the weight taboo tensely getting ignored. Not much in common in Lolita or lifestyle. If I wouldn't hang with them as a friend outside Lolita, I'm not much for it in Lolita.

>> No.7994230

>>7994159
Anything past 2/can't fit into at least a decent amount of partially shirred brand sizes. That's my cutoff between normal/fatty.

>> No.7994239

>>7994164
I look like #2 but am still a bit fatter than I want to be- tiny bit too much chin, super fat arms, love handle roll right under my bra, etc. Definitely can't fit into brand, but I'm also super tall. I could wear full shirring, but it's always proportioned horribly- too short, sleeves fit wrong, etc. If you're like 5'5" and can't fit brand, that's probably a sign.

>> No.7994275

>>7994147
That's her story. An excuse would be a reason she uses to justify her being fat and using that as a shield to not change her ways. What she wrote isn't an excuse. You're a dumb bitch, admit it.

>> No.7994295
File: 88 KB, 808x585, u76obTs.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7994275
>I just have a bad relationship with food due to childhood/teenage trauma regarding my living situation
>I'm a grad student with seasonal depression and I become more stressed and less active during winter months

>not excuses
>as if no one else gets SAD
>using winter months as an excuse to exercise less when gyms exist
>let's just blame muh teenage drama
>being this buttblasted

Fatty detected.

I wish more fatties went to /fit/. If that shit gets posted on fit you'd be fucking laughed out of the board for being a faggot and wished well in living life as a permanent beta bitch.

I frequent /cgl/ and /fit/ on the daily, so it's just extremely interesting to see the reactions to unhealthiness and being overweight on both boards.

As an aside (since I'm clearly not going to talk sense into the buttblasted fatty I've been responding to):

For all the people who may be overweight who are ACTUALLY interested in getting healthy, I understand /fit/ may seem a little intimidating to women, but ignoring all the weird threads, I'd highly recommend looking at the sticky. It clearly states it's applicable equally to both men and women. It's an incredibly great starting point, and offers some actual fucking tips, not the shit that you see in women's magazines talking about "spot treatment" and other such nonsense (those tips don't work, btw).

PLEASE read it. It'll seriously help you not only to lose weight, but attain an even better body in the process.

Pic related. Our god.

>> No.7994320
File: 34 KB, 600x217, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

More levels, full body shown.
Anything over 25% is overweight.
Your body shouldn't be made up of more than 1/4 fat

>> No.7994324

>>7980673
If no gym near, YouTube is full of every kind of free fitness workout. Everyone reading this can access those and exercise in their room even. There's really no excuse.

>> No.7994335

>>7994295
>thinks depression is being sad.
http://www.webmd.com/depression/guide/detecting-depression

Difficulty concentrating, remembering details, and making decisions
Fatigue and decreased energy
Feelings of guilt, worthlessness, and/or helplessness
Feelings of hopelessness and/or pessimism
Insomnia, early-morning wakefulness, or excessive sleeping
Irritability, restlessness
Loss of interest in activities or hobbies once pleasurable, including sex
Overeating or appetite loss
Persistent aches or pains, headaches, cramps, or digestive problems that do not ease even with treatment
Persistent sad, anxious, or "empty" feelings
Thoughts of suicide, suicide attempts

Depression is basically when your brain isn't making the chemicals that reward you when you do stuff that's good for you like work out, and it interferes with energy levels and motivation as well. Normal people do not feel afraid to leave the house, or completely mentally exhausted by trying to figure out wtf to eat for dinner. Normal people do not burst into tears at the grocery store because someone ran into them and cry for over an hour. Normal people don't stare into space for 4 hours because they literally can't think of anything to do with themselves. Normal people don't stay up all night because they have to distract themselves with anime or they can't stop thinking that everyone they know probably hates them and their SO is probably cheating and the world would be better if they just died.

>> No.7994343

>>7994335
What is Seasonal Affective Disorder, retard?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seasonal_affective_disorder

>> No.7994345

>>7994343
pfft
rekt

>> No.7994349

>>7994320
I suppose height and body type don't matter then?

>> No.7994361

>>7994349
It's in percentage, so I guess not.

>> No.7994365

>>7994361
>>7994349
if it's a percentage then it's already taken into consideration.

>> No.7994397
File: 8 KB, 209x234, sf.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I'm not fat, some people would call me underweight. I just want to eat healthy, I live in a household of larger people so I find it incredibly hard when they laugh at me for attempting to eat "rabbit food" and family meals consist of processed shit covered in mountains of cheese and it tastes so friggin good.
I daydream about somehow getting enough money to move out on my own so I could stock my fridge full of healthy goodness and exercise without having someone bump into me and ask why I'd possibly need to exercise when I'm already stick thin.
My diet is just so terrible now, I feel so greasy, I'm constipated a lot of the time and I'm sure the diet contributes to the shitty emotions I have. I just don't have the family support nor the backbone strong enough to say "Welp, I'm going to eat healthy no matter what you guys think about me" and have them make fun of me for weeks and weeks and weeks.
I dunno guys, I just...I feel like shit and I feel like changing my diet might help, but I can't do it alone.

>> No.7994419

>>7994349
Is there a special body type that needs to be made up of more than 1/4 of its weight in fat? I don't think so.

>> No.7994423

>>7994397
I feel like shit too when I don't eat healthy fresh food. It's easier with help but I've done it alone in a family of fast-food Mac-n-cheese loving carb-loaders. Yep, it's hard. Yep it's worth it anyway.

>> No.7994425

>>7994295
How does it feel to know that god is dead?

>> No.7994426

>>7980714
Unless you just wear sweatpants, how can you 'not notice'? Even if I rarely weigh myself, I czn easily tell, it's not boom, fat. I don't wear many stretchy or knit clothes, my clothes would get tight very quickly if I gained even 10 pounds. Maybe even 5.

>> No.7994429

>>7994425
It hurts, man. It hurts.
>Our father, who art in heaven

>> No.7994430

>>7980688
>If I were you and wanted to stay in the fashion, why not just have private meetups with the skinnier girls.
This happens in some places, actually.

>> No.7994431
File: 26 KB, 480x188, d489f64efb.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7994425
>>7994429

>> No.7994438

>>7994343
I don't think you know what it is if you seriously think it doesn't effect anything and you can just handwave it away. Mental illness basically means you are broken and shouldn't be held to the standards of nonbroken people.

>> No.7994456

>>7994425
go home Friedrich

>> No.7994478

>>7994438
...Except there are things you can definitely do for depression as well, like seeing a therapist and taking medication.

>> No.7994492

>>7994478
This exactly. And yes, I have 2 diagnosed mental illnesses and I very much hold myself to the same standards as everyone else, I'm out to maintain myself at a normal level and I do what it takes with meds and therapy to stay there. I don't allow myself a pass to sink down into the illness anymore than a diabetic or anyone else with a diagnosed illness would. Sure it takes a shit-ton more work to maintain the normal but it just needs to be done if I expect to live a productive, fulfilling life. Most of my casual friends do not ever know.

>> No.7994504

>>7994492
THIS.

I don't like how the anon I responded to brought up depression as if it's an excuse.

If people who had depression weren't able to do anything about it, they may as well just off themselves right now because they're never going to get better. (Sorry if this came off as rude, just trying to prove a point.)

We know that what I said above isn't true. There are so many people living with depression every single day, my friends included. My friend's a champ, he takes meds and works out with me every other day at the fucking gym. Sometimes, I forget that he even has depression and that it's even a problem for him.

Anyway, good on you, anon. I'm glad you're able to live relatively well with your depression.

>> No.7994515

>>7994504
If anything healthy diet and exercise, adequate sleep and hydration help the meds to work correctly and my thinking stay clear enough to do my therapy assignments so I see them as necessary. A workout schedule is like a guaranteed shot in the arm of endorphins and other feel-good chemicals too. People who are depressed and have SAD need to exercise and eat correctly even more than people without it. The regular schedule aspect of it doesn't hurt anything either.

>> No.7994521

>>7994478
Medication for depression/bi-polar makes you gain weight like nobody's business. But I doubt anyone here actually cares about that.

The fatty haters in this thread don't care about the reason why a fat person is fat, because at the end of the day you're still a fatty-chan

>> No.7994537

>>7994521
Not all of it does and not enough to be a fatty if you weren't already on the way there. If you get off your ass often enough and cut calories, you don't have to be the statistic textbook case, you can beat it. At least that's what my doctor told me. I gained 20 pounds with my meds AT FIRST. I worked that flubber right back off. The only meds that do the trick for me are 2 of the ones with the biggest incidence of reported weight gain, combined. Guess what? I'm normal weight.

>> No.7994539

>>7994521
>Medication for depression/bi-polar makes you gain weight like nobody's business
Not all do. And if you're experiencing that problem, that's something you need to talk to your doctor about.

Don't spread that around as if it's fact. While there are certain medications that can make one gain weight, it depends from person to person, and that same medication can make a different person lose weight. Reactions to medication can vary greatly.

Anyway, I think the point I'm trying to make (in regards to depression) is to VISIT and TALK TO YOUR FUCKING DOCTOR

>> No.7994553

>>7992669
>Also, have you heard of the "spoons" theory?
No, is it this?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spoon_theory

Are you saying that after expending a certain number of spoons, people with eating disorders will resort to stuffing themselves?

>> No.7994561

>>7994425
He's not dead, he lives inside us. He's the voice inside that tells us we're going to make it. The guardian who shoo shoos the gains goblin. He was an angel who went home.

>> No.7994565

>>7994561
Amen.

All the gains goblins in this thread
Shoo shoo gains goblin

>> No.7994570

>>7994553
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spoon_theory
Spoons...
Fatty-chan thread
Heeheehee!

>> No.7994573

>>7994553
I think this is somewhat crap. Everyone has limits but knowing your limits =/= sitting around becoming a fat pig from over-eating and not enough exercise. No matter what your illness. If your meds make you gain, you need to work harder and eat better, not count imaginary spoons.

>> No.7994581

>>7994456
kek

>> No.7994583

>>7992669
Gee, I can tell you are lots of fun at a lighthearted fashion meet designed to have fun, to wear, go out and show off the fashions and eat yummy stuff and do group activities! You make OP's perfect case for why some of us want no fattys at our meet ups, what a downer. I wouldn't invite you anywhere after seeing this kind of post.

>> No.7994596

>>7994573
>>7994553
No, the idea is that you can do a finite amount of things per day. So you have to prioritize. This often means that working out doesn't take priority if you only have enough "spoons" to do things like go to work, basic hygiene, etc. It might also mean that sometimes going to the grocery store takes too many "spoons" and you need to just eat shitty food because it will be delivered to your house. Or you usually don't have enough "spoons" to cook so you depend on food you can eat without cooking, so sometimes you end up buying crappy food because it's affordable and doesn't need much cooking.

And you're not sitting around counting the spoons, it's a metaphor to explain to others what it means to have an illness that causes these symptoms. If you play the sims, that's a good way of looking at it. You know how it is when you have a sim with a job in sims 3 and you wind up madly rushing to keep all their needs bars up on work days and almost never get them to do any of the goals because holy fuck why does it take like 3 hours to take a bath? It's like that.

>> No.7994604

>>7994583
>someone talks about their mental illness because they were asked
>this means that they tell everyone about their mental illness all the time every day.

I can be fun when I feel up to it, and I wouldn't dream of going to a meetup if I wasn't able to be friendly and just hang out. Although I rarely go to meetups.

Actually the "brisk walk" meetup sounds awesome. Ones around here tend to revolve around just taking pictures and no actual activities.

>> No.7994629

>>7994539
>doctors
>listening to what people want
>changing your meds because they are making you gain weight rather than just telling you that if you just stop eating you wouldn't have that problem
>Being able to afford to keep trying new psych meds and having health insurance that lets you take anything you want

>>7994492
>I did it, so everyone else on the planet is a whiner who is just worthless if they can't do it, too!
>Everyone should be perfect all of the time because looking the way other people want you to look is the most important thing
Fuck it, I'm out. Anyone who uses the word "excuses" is a shit tier person anyway. People cannot possibly have reasons for the things they do or adverse circumstances that make their lives harder than other people, Every bad thing that happens to you is just a chance to GROW! You can do ANYTHING if you just try harder, and anytime you fail you just aren't trying hard enough and if you give up or fail too many times and get old or aren't 100% perfect you should spend all your time doing nothing but trying to fix it or kill yourself because it's completely unacceptable to do the things you like while trying to be better.

Fat people should be killed and turned into bacon that thin people can eat because they are perfect special snowflakes who can eat all the cupcakes they want.

>> No.7994640

>>7994596
Except that eating right and exercising makes people healthier and by your measuring, would give them more spoons overall every day if they were healthier? Everyone has finite energy and limits, unless you have physical limitations you can exercise and everyone has to pre-plan to have that healthy meal in the freezer for the days we are too burned out to cook, everyone! That's why I think it's a special snowflake crap theory. I'm ill and if I used that kind of thinking, I'd backslide constantly. No thanks.

>> No.7994641

>>7994629
Wow, you're really butthurt aren't you?
No wonder you're fat though with that defeatist attitude.

>Fat people should be killed and turned into bacon that thin people can eat because they are perfect special snowflakes who can eat all the cupcakes they want.
>implying anyone would want to eat your disgusting fat body.
I'll just stick with my protein shake. For the gains! :3c

>> No.7994643

>>7994629
Have you ever tried to lose weight? It's honestly not that hard.
Read the fucking /fit/ sticky.

>> No.7994648

>>7994629
Nope, perfection isn't the goal, I do it for myself, to be my personal best. I fail. I backslide. I just try one more time than I fail and it keeps me going. Nope, I can't eat ANY cupcakes unless wheat free, I'll stick with other healthy anon and have a vanilla creme protein shake

>> No.7994652

>>7994648
Actually drinking a cookies and creme flavored whey protein shake rn, anon. So good

>> No.7994659

>>7994643
The macros thing for a low-carb diet confuses me, how should I eat that much fat? I mean what should I eat to get that much fat? Links, please to explain it and give meal examples? Yes, I'm scared of /fit/

>> No.7994670

>>7994659
What are you trying to do? Gain muscle? Lose weight?

Here's actually the first link in the sticky that's really good and provides a lot of general information: http://liamrosen.com/fitness.html

I recommend reading through everything. It's a bit long, but that's because it gets pretty in depth when it comes to the food section!

If you're more focused on losing weight, you'll definitely need to watch what you're consuming. By this, I mean

1. Count calories
2. Slowly start replacing unhealthy foods with healthier options

But yeah, read through that, take the advice in it to heart, and you'll be off to an amazing start.

>> No.7994682

>>7994670
Forgot and left this out.

The link in my previous post talks about weightlifting and that weightlifting is very beneficial for women. I absolutely agree with this.

You won't look like Arnold Schwarzenegger from lifting. However, it'll help you use a ton of calories (therefore more weight loss) while you also gain muscle for that "toned" look.

I understand that it may be intimidating for a lot of women (at least from my group of girl friends that I talked to) to go to the gym and start lifting, but you'd be surprised at how many other women go to lift. Once I showed my girl friends that it's common to see other girls lifting weights at the gym, they weren't so adverse to working out this way. You may not personally feel adverse to this, but a lot of my friends did, which is why I mention it.

Of course, you can opt for doing cardio instead, but like the article says, lifting weights helps you retain more muscle and lose more fat than cardio. I also like having a big booty from doing squats and deadlifts. That's a huge plus too!

>> No.7994686

>>7992010
it's proportionate yo. i'm 130 and i fit unshirred mm and vm. not everyone's body is cookie-cutter and people carry weight differently

>> No.7994691

>>7994643
I can lose weight, I just can't keep it off, and can only get down to about PT's nudes size. It's not that it's hard in the short term, it's hard in the long term because of my illness to keep up anything other than basic survival habits for certain times of the year that can strike at random. So I have to start all over all the time, and will never get fit enough for people to act like it matters, and often an incident of someone treating me like shit for being fat makes me stop- because I did all that fucking work and fuck it, people still treat me like I don't deserve to live or be in public, so what the fuck am I doing this for again? The things I do for my health are not enough to make me lose weight with my meds- stuff like trying to stay away from sweets and choose fresh veggies and more complex carbs whenever I can. I've read the sticky, I've used Myfitnesspal, I've tried joining a gym, I've tried the Keto diet, I've tried going vegetarian. Those things work for a little while.

>>7994640
Actually, sometimes this works and sometimes it doesn't. It depends on your disease. Some things actually make it worse for me, like sunlight- being outside during the day in summer for an hour temporarily gets rid of all my spoons and I need a couple hours to recharge them. Some foods make me feel better, like fresh veggies, but then I also tend to overeat those foods when I feel crappy and helpless to fix whatever's bothering me. It varies a lot from person to person and situation to situation.

>>7994648
Doing things for yourself is only acceptable if it's what other people want from you. Wanting things other people want is great. I very much wish that I wanted things other people want me to be. I don't hate other people for being better at things like keeping in shape. It's just frustrating to see people acting like everyone can do everything equally well. I might be more butthurt because of something else unrelated to my weight that is suffering, though.

>> No.7994694

>>7994691
Maybe I should add "a little while" means 3-6 months, not like, a week or two. Usually around the 6 month mark I can't keep it up for one reason or another.

>> No.7994699

>>7994691
>Some things actually make it worse for me, like sunlight
Do you have lupus too? I fucking hate it. I feel like a rashy, mucousy, awful mess all the time. My joints hurt every friggin' day.

>> No.7994702
File: 35 KB, 603x315, e31.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7994078
Yeah hi, I'm >>7993835 and you need to explain to me how losing 70 pounds is "excuse making." Why are you directing me to /fit/ when I'm probably in better shape than you? What's your mile? How much can you bench?

I've probably lost more weight than you have in your entire life ayyy lmao.
Also
>y-y-you're not the only one going through hardship
I know that. But why does it make you so upset that I'm painting a more complicated portrait as to why I got this way and what issues I deal with other than
>UGH IM SO FAT I EAT MCDONURDS AND I SO LAZY MUH GENETICS BUT I SAD CUZ FAT AND NO BURANDO ;____;
I'm sorry I'm not your stereotype I guess.

>mfw this turned into a /fit/ sticky when it's actually about a girl wanting a sekrit club for herself~*~

>> No.7994704

>>7994670
I want to lose weight and tighten everything. I got as far as calculating my macros for a low-carb diet, saw the grams of fat and got stuck, it was about 2/3-3/4 of the g of protein and that just did not make sense to be eating that much fat every day. I did read the sticky and I'm going to start lifting, I'm going to use machines because free weights make me feel clumsy though.

>> No.7994705

>>7994699
No, I have migraines and Summer Blues/Summer SAD. But that sounds fucking awful, anon. Sorry.

>> No.7994709

>>7994702
>I've probably lost more weight than you have in your entire life ayyy lmao.
Probably, because I've never been fat in my life and have always had a healthy body fat percentage. :^)

To be fair though, I'm a little more concerned with fitness than most because I used to want to be a female bodybuilder.

>>7994704
Yep, go ahead and use the machines! Good luck, anon!

>> No.7994715

>>7994709
>Probably, because I've never been fat in my life and have always had a healthy body fat percentage
Good for you, though I wonder if you'd change your condescending tune if you were unfortunate enough to grow up with quarreling parents who knew jack shit about nutrition and you weren't old enough to have a job to buy your own food. Maybe the ensuing years of binge eating due to being the chubby kid with ignorant and fighting parents would change your sheltered attitude--oh, not to mention having to educate yourself on nutrition (btw your high school doesn't teach proper methods on weight loss or reaching nutritional goals so you're s.o.l.).

You had the privilege of not having to start from rock bottom.

>> No.7994716

>>7994659
I get a lot of mine through oils, for example, salad dressings, or olive oil to cook lean meats like in a stir fry. fish are good for their own fats which provide a lot of health benefits, and lean meats also contain fat. Sunflower seeds, walnuts, peanuts, etc all contain fats that are healthy for you. You just probably want to avoid deep frying the shit out of your food, or stockpiling on tons of deserts and shit like that.

>> No.7994721

>>7993835
5'3 180
Which brand are you tailoring to fit you at that weight? How do you do it? Very curious!

>> No.7994727

>>7994715
Like I said before, I was actually seriously considering being a professional bodybuilder. I don't think you really need to tell me to educate myself on nutrition because I can guarantee that I was absolutely more in tune to what I eat than a lot of other facets of my life. Of course, I'm not following down that path anymore, but I still have very good eating habits in general because of my background.

Tbh, it's kinda strange that you'd assume my background like that. Actually, my parents are overweight, and so is my brother. I'm the sole person in my immediate family that is in the healthy body percent range, and it's been that way. They love eating, and sometimes try to make me choose less-than-healthy habits.

I think I'm lucky in that I had friends who were super into sports in middle school. It was my life. In terms of paying for healthier food, I even had a job then as a janitor of all things. I don't know why exactly I've always been conscientious of my health, but most likely sports-loving middle school friends.

Don't assume my background when you don't have any info to do so, I guess?

>> No.7994731

>>7994727
>it's kinda strange that you'd assume my background like that
No more strange than someone claiming I'm "making excuses" after saying in the same vein that I've lost 70 pounds, I reckon.

I guess if we stop making assumptions about each other, there won't be nothing to argue.

>> No.7994738

>>7994731
>I just have a bad relationship with food due to childhood/teenage trauma regarding my living situation
>I'm a grad student with seasonal depression and I become more stressed and less active during winter months
>I wonder if you'd change your condescending tune if you were unfortunate enough to grow up with quarreling parents who knew jack shit about nutrition and you weren't old enough to have a job to buy your own food
>Maybe the ensuing years of binge eating due to being the chubby kid with ignorant and fighting parents would change your sheltered attitude

Do those not sound like excuses to you?

>> No.7994741

>>7994731
The person was probably assuming things because you've got a pretty high and mighty tone for someone who still has about 70 to lose to be a normal weight.

We've all heard the uppity fatty speech of this or that reason why they are like that, fat.

Surprising to you maybe but after a while they all begin to sound the same and they do sound like special excuses since most of the rest of us usually don't have any more special guidance than you've had and most certainly don't have your special medical intervention like a lap band.

>> No.7994749

>>7994738
I guess what I'm trying to say is even though I have fat immediate relatives, I've never once considered my parents' unhealthy habits as an inhibitor for my health. I've never blamed my past or seasonal depression (which I do experience, especially during winter) on not losing weight. I've always seen a lack of gains as "I'm not doing the right exercises" or "I'm not eating the right things" (which was almost always the case, btw).

If I'm not seeing results, I always think, "Maybe I'm approaching weight loss/muscle gain incorrectly," never anything else.

That's what bothers me. Because it never occurred to me, ever, to blame my parents or other things in my life for being unhealthy. I always blamed myself.

>> No.7994751

>>7994515
seriously, when I have month long anxiety attacks or depression, exercise is what kept me sane/grounded

>the worst was when I was lying in bed
>start thinking thoughts
>start freaking out and hyperventilating
>make self get the fuck out of bed, put shoes on
>walk to shitty apartment gym
>run a mile on treadmill with uplifting music
>1-2x on good days, 4-5x on bad days

>> No.7994754

>>7994751
Apartment gym sounds awesome, anon. I wish I could fit a used treadmill from CL in my place. Maybe I should try to make room. It's mostly the whole "leaving the house" thing that bothers me.

>> No.7994755

>>7994751
We hear each other loud and clear, the ones in this thread who are actively seeking health and to take charge and get and stay better.

The rest?
Defensive and stuck blaming other things instead of admitting it's all in their hands now. They could be exercising instead of bitching on 4c right now.

>> No.7994768

>>7994754
YouTube fitness vids.

>> No.7995258

>>7994738
They'd only be excuses if I was using them as a crutch to not lose weight.

Do you also think the following is an excuse?
>I grew up in a house with a lot of secondhand smoke so I grew up with a tolerance to nicotine.
It's been proven that people who have smoking parents tend to be smokers themselves. Obviously it only becomes an excuse when that person uses that fact as a crutch to not stop smoking. It only explains why they got where they are. It's kind of a shame that you honestly can't see the difference.

>>7994741
>high and mighty tone
Heh, because you guys certainly haven't been that way in a thread dedicated to "no fatties allowed" amirite? Unlike that, losing weight is an accomplishment that doesn't hurt anyone except for the people who secretly want fatties to stay fat so they can feel they're better than someone else. Becoming a bodybuilder doesn't make you better than anybody, it's your personal goal.

>> No.7995283

>>7995258
Except I never said bodybuilding makes me better than anybody? I do think everyone should at least strive to be healthy though.

If those things you mentioned are really not a crutch from you losing weight, then keep on losing the weight because you still have a long way to go to even be in a healthy range.

Anyway, it's obvious that you don't find what you said at least a little problematic, so I'll just stop responding to them from now on. You have your own opinion, and I have mine.

>> No.7995288

>>7995283
>that response time even after I saged
Lmao bitch don't you ever sleep?

>Except I never said bodybuilding makes me better than anybody?
You mean you're not in a thread about making a comm that excludes fat people and you're not bringing up bodybuilding to give you ethos as to why everyone else who doesn't have your ambition must be a lazy, excuse making shit? Interesting, owait...

>it's obvious that you don't find what you said at least a little problematic
Because it's not. And why do you care anyway if I'm okay and am losing weight? Why are you more caught up with my past than even myself? You're a strange one.

>> No.7995302

I always wonder why we don't shit on underweight girls who are only underweight because they're too lazy to eat

> inb4 "not everyone who's underweight is like that!!"
well no, that's not what I said. I meant those specific people that actually can't bother to eat half of the time.

>> No.7995303

>>7995288
It's 11 am where I live. I also use an extension that checks if a thread I'm watching gets updated, so there's that.

>> No.7995304

>>7995302
>implying people don't shit on underweight girls

Are you new?

>> No.7996055

>>7994768
Noise would bother others but you can put padding under treadmills to make them quiet. Can't wear headphones with fitness vids.

>> No.7996070

Currently someone thinner than me has been having a hard time with their weight and is working to improve themselves.
I should take this as an opportunity to improve myself too, but the fact that they are so much thinner than me already and they still hate themselves just makes me want to die rather than be energetic. They must think I'm disgusting, I've never felt this horrible about myself in years.

>> No.7996164

>>7993806
I'm the same height and my body starting shutting down under 100 lbs. You might feel okay now but you're already under an anorectic weight and more than likely risking your health. If you weren't looking to lose more I wouldn't be so concerned but let me tell you how much harder recovery was from under 100 - I'm not sure I'll ever be able to eat normally again. I have to force myself to eat normal portions because I don't have room in my stomach. So get on that now, anon, it will not be better at a lower weight. And you're probably still tiny at 115.

>> No.7996170

/fit/ can go die like their dead leader

>> No.7996177

>>7994320
You cant visualize body fat percentage like that. Feel free to google skinny fat. Muscle mass matters and really big people have some muscle to carry that weight around. It's not something you can just see lol

>> No.7996181

WHAT IS THE POINT OF THIS THREAD?

We all know people who bawwww about fatties will never have the gall to actually make a comm that openly excludes them. Seems to me that the only point of this thread is so OP can make a covert /fit/ thread so they can gush about their bodybuilding instead of actually going to /fit/ and playing with the big boys (no pun intended). Fuck off.

>> No.7996393

>>7996181
ur fat

>> No.7996554

>>7979567
If there were, I would join it.

>> No.7996771

>>7994335
>tfw you can answer yes to every single one of these, but no money for treatment...

>> No.7996913

>>7980656
Were raised into fat kids by uncaring parents.
They transmit them terrible eating habit. They have no idea on what an healthy meal is.

Its pretty difficult to reeducate themselves after such a bad start. Though it's possible but it requires an iron will since crap food and sugar are addictive. Also lot of people tend to delude themselves into thinking they are alright instead of accepting the fact they are unhealthy lardasses. Hence the fat acceptance BS.

Parents odf fat kids are terribad neglectful parents and should be treated with contempt.