[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 62 KB, 237x198, 1418882845568.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
8038227 No.8038227 [Reply] [Original]

New feels thread

>> No.8038240

>tfw you like so many things and want to cosplay everything

I hate being indecisive.

>> No.8038265

>>8038227
>tfw for one whole con you have 3 different cosplays but they're all of characters from the same mango series
feels kinda weird man

>> No.8038274
File: 118 KB, 360x351, pls.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>self-employed seamstress
>ADD
>have gotten into good habits and take very little meds to cope
>wrote myself a schedule and need to stick to it for deadlines
>family is always huffing at me when I decline invites or when I tell them it's a bad time for them to stop over
>"anon, it's not like you have a real job! Just come hang out with us!"
>mfw "not a real job"
>mfw this is my main source of income and I pay my bills with this job
>mfw my parents have been telling me to get control of my "disorganized way" [they don't believe in ADD/ADHD, regardless of my diagnosis]
>mfw they're chiming in with my many siblings
>not a real job

>> No.8038288

>>8038240
You me? I want to cosplay two things but I'm having a hard time trying to decide on the final third one.

>>8038265
nothing wrong with that. I know people who cosplay three version of the same character.

>> No.8038292

>>8038227
>tfw my boyfriend actually agrees with that "lolitas leaving the fashion should give their old dresses to poor lolitas" tumblr shit

>> No.8038297

>>8038274
How hard is it being a self-employed seamstress? I've been thinking about doing something like that but I'm not sure if it's feasible

>> No.8038320
File: 1.58 MB, 225x169, 1357576682.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Good feely feels
>finally over my food poisoning
>got an external keyboard so at least my laptop is now slightly functional
>new bedsheets
>Bodyline order is finally in Murrica
Bad feels...
>really bad credit card debt from Christmas and buying food for me and the bf; will have to use some of my grad loans to pathetically pay it off in February
>my job only gave me one shift two weeks from now and very little people are calling off shifts because of their Christmas bills; can't apply for two jobs until I'm done with grad school in spring
>I feel like my bf doesn't contribute enough despite living with me
He does chores half-assed, and that's only IF I ask him to do them. Frankly, he's lazy and didn't grow up with parental figures who gave a shit about cleanliness so he doesn't value that , or taking care of himself. The reason why I need an external keyboard for my laptop is because I was doing our (re: mostly his) mountain of dishes in the sink and I accidentally sloshed water all the way across the room onto my keys which shorted them. The repair people I took the laptop to wanted $1200. I know it's logically my fault that water got onto the laptop. However I'm bitter about it because had I not been the only person doing the mountain of chores in the kitchen and throughout the apartment, I might not have needed my laptop playing videos in the kitchen to entertain me during the hours it took to accomplish cleaning by myself. If he would get up at a reasonable hour we could have all the chores done by noon. But he uses his night shift (4pm-12am usually) as an excuse to stay up playing video games until 4-6am and sleeping in until 1:30pm. I go to bed at 2-3am every night, mostly because I have to fetch him from work because he doesn't drive, and I still manage to get up many times at 7-8am for my day shifts and chores in the morning.
(con't)

>> No.8038333

>>8038292
no, fuck that. Ill sell my dresses. Fashion isnt a neccessity. Fucking poorfags and their entitlement to other peoples belongings

>> No.8038338

>>8038320
ditch that fucker

>> No.8038339

>tfw I realise I'm really really really glad I didn't get all the tattoos I wanted when I was younger. When I was 17/18 I wanted so much shit all over me and it all had meaning but that meaning is lost to me now even just a couple of years later. Not just for Lolita purposes, although I'm one of these people who doesn't think visible tattoos looks good with classic, but because I'd look an idiot in general with huge meaningless tattoos all over me. I didn't spoil my body, It's a good feel. (not saying tattoos are spoiling your body, but the shit I wanted would have spoiled my body and my life)

>> No.8038351

>>8038320
And since I don't want to bore people too much with OT drama, I'll cut straight to the point. He's really unhygienic but there's not a lot I can say about it without hurting some feelings.

He still technically has his stuff at his old apartment (with his old roommates who are equally pissed about his messy hoard) but he won't go through it and sort through all the clothes, sentimental items, etc. that he needs and doesn't need. His clothes are strewn across that place and mine, and since he always waits for me to do his laundry when I do mine, he reuses the same clothes until they stink. I forced him to buy new briefs today because the ones he wanted to wear smelled like crotch and jizz and he was being too lazy to walk five minutes to his apartment before he had work to get cleaner ones.
Don't even get me started on how he hasn't seen a doctor or a dentist in over five years and is too lazy to apply to medicaid.

I know he's a good person, he gives me the company and love I need, but he's obnoxiously unambitious, lazy, and just gross. It's a huge problem that needs to be addressed ASAP, I'm just mad that I have to be the one to burst his bubble and that his dumbshit "mother" didn't have the decency to raise him right so he would already have good habits.

>> No.8038367

>tfw your otome dress fabric finally shipped
>tfw going to see 'death becomes her' exhibit at the Met for your birthday w/ Mr. Husband
>almost done sewing winter coat

uyeeeesss

>> No.8038370

What's up with seagulls having trifling boyfriends or asshole boyfriends? I don't understand why your standards are so low or why you hooked up with such guys in the first place.

I don't mean the ones that 'changed' I mean the ones that anons claim were assholes in the first place.

Or the people worrying about being sick. Why do you think the doctor is for? /Cgl/ can't diagnose your ass.

>> No.8038372

> severe back injury out of nowhere.
> was finally asked to take extra shifts but now I can't because I'm bed ridden for a while.

At least my lucky pack came in and I have other stuff I'm wsiting on. Too bad I can't try anything on.

>> No.8038381

>>8038339
Oh god this so hard. I had even saved up money to get a fucking butterfly tattooed on me the same day I turned 18, luckily I needed the money for other things or who knows how I would have looked like. I am so glad I didn't make enough money to consider a tattoo until I knew how shitty every tattoo idea I used to have was.

>> No.8038382

>>8038370
If you're referencing me anon I think a lot of people who are dating their boyfriends would begin to feel differently about their domestic habits once they started living together. They're completely different worlds.

It's not like during our first months of dating my bf told me all about his medical history, personal drama at home, and threw his dirty clothes and dishes all over the place. Nobody who wants to impress someone is going to tell them their faults and say "deal with it," it's something you learn about over time and then you either work to compromise/resolve the issues, or end it like >>8038338 said.

I haven't begun my communication yet, so it would be premature to just ditch him without him fully understanding my feelings. I'm just venting. Well this is just me speaking anyway.

>> No.8038386

>>8038351
Anon, dump his slob ass and find someone who isn't a complete pig. Sorry, but that shit is disgusting and if you stay with someone like that for long enough, you risk finally accepting their behavior because you don't have the energy to care anymore. Dump him before that happens.

>> No.8038394

>tfw have extremely irregular periods, sometimes not having any for over 8 months
>have severe phobia of doctors, and it's actually quite nice not having periods, so doesn't do anything about it (retarded, I know)
>first period in 9 months decides to show up the day before con where I will be wearing white pants

It's okay, i-it's not like I wanted to wear the cosplay I have been working on for half a year or anything...

>> No.8038397

>>8038394
Goddamn, do you not wear a pad or tampon or something?

>> No.8038402

>>8038386
If he doesn't clean up his act then anon I 100% agree with you that I can't be with someone like this. I like having an organized, clean home and I couldn't live with someone who could carry on this behavior forever and never see a problem with it. But I do think he should have a fair chance to see his wrongs and change, because I do like how we share interests and get along very well otherwise.

>> No.8038404

>>8038397
I cannot stand wearing tampons and when wearing a pad I don't dare wear anything that isn't black. Wearing white would make it impossible for me to enjoy myself as I would be stressed to the point of crying about bleeding through.

>> No.8038406

>>8038402
You better put some pressure on his ass. Tell him straight out that you'll dump him if he doesn't get his shit together. Never tolerate shit behavior or be too nice.

>> No.8038410

>>8038404
Have you tried different types of tampons? You might want to try lighter ones with a nice applicator so you get them in the right place. Properly inserted you shouldn't be able to feel it. Then just wear a panty liner for safety. Seems like a shame to miss a chance to wear a costume you've been looking forward to.

>> No.8038416

>>8038404
Sterile lube. Seriously, someone should've told me about using lube with tampons as a teen - not like a whole sachet of it, but enough to get it in without it being sore/weird as hell.

>> No.8038418

>>8038339
I got a skeleton on my back

It used to feel really edgy for a while but nowadays I'm glad I have it, I can tell people there's something spooky under my shirt

>> No.8038421

>>8038410
I had to google tampons with applicators and those aren't available in my country... I didn't even know it was a thing, here they just come with a string and you use your finger to push them in. It always hurts to both put them in and take them out, even the smallest size ;_;

>> No.8038423

>>8038421
that doesn't sound good anon

>> No.8038441

>>8038394
>Has severe phobia of doctors
>Isn't concerned about their health

What if you come down with something serious anon? Then what. Honestly do you even get a pam? You should really check that out.

Also get granny pads. Those cover anything unless you're really heavy.

>> No.8038453

>>8038441
I guess if I came down with something really serious, my family would force me to seek help, but not having my period has actually been more of a relief than anything else. I don't really care if my reproductive system isn't working since I never plan on having kids anyways...

>> No.8038457

>>8038421
Anon, do you even bleed? If there's blood you should be lubricated. Does it even hurt with the smallest size?

>> No.8038458

>>8038453
>since I never plan on having kids anyways...
No one does, fuck. You should say "I don't plan on having kids right now".

Your hormones will change, you'll want kids. Everyone does. There's very few exceptions. You can't say for sure "I don't want kids" unless you're 40, at which point you MOST LIKELY won't change your mind anymore.

>> No.8038461

>>8038457
Ah, well reading is hard. Even the tiny "silk" ones? What about a damn finger?

>> No.8038464

>>8038458
oh no anon, prepare for the barrage of anons claiming how much they hate kids and will never ever have them

>> No.8038475

>>8038453
It's more than that anon. You could come down with complications. Constant UTI's. You do know that there are infections in the uterus even if your vagina isn't working or not.

Getting a pam and an exam helps with that. The last thing you would need is that you find out that you have to get your whole uterus taken out/you have painful cramps to the point of vomitting due to complications.

Seriously get checked out. I'm not saying now but eventually. And get those granny pads. They are usually called "overnight" and cover the whole underpants.

>> No.8038478

>>8038458
But I am pretty much completely sure I never want to have kids. I identify as completely asexual and I have never loved another person romantically. There's a very little chance of me ever wanting to have a child with someone else. The concept of being 100% responsible for another person's life terrifies me, and that's not even mentioning the concept of pregnancy.

>> No.8038480

>>8038410
>>8038421

Depends on the person, I think tampons are not suitable for some women. I have tried lots of times and it's always uncomfortable. One time I was so annoyed with myself that I was like "everyone else can use them, it's staying in there until I got used to it" but after an hour or so I started getting a lot of pain and severe nausea, so bad that I had to take it out. I know a lot of women in work who says they experience the same thing and can't use them either.

>> No.8038485

>>8038475
I understand that I probably should get checked out, but going to a doctor, or even worse, a gynecologist, terrifies me. I have never been to one and I don't even know how to schedule an appointment...
Thanks for your help though, I'm going to get overnight pads and see if they show through my costume pants. That and double underwear might make me feel safe enough...

>> No.8038489

>>8038458
I think this isn't necessarily true. Like another anon I hate the concept of pregnancy, I have always since I was a child, I never want to ever be pregnant. I would still be willing to adopt or something though, it's not that I don't want to raise children. So if the other anon is similar to me I could see how the period thing would be less of a concern for them than the average person who would be worried about it affecting their ability to bear children later in life.

>> No.8038492

>>8038480
>>8038461
Even with the smallest size, I can always feel it when walking, no matter how far up I put it. Everybody says it's supposed to not feel like anything when it's correctly placed but I have never managed to achieve that... Couple that with my constant paranoia that the string will break ;_;

>> No.8038501

>>8038485
Good luck anon. Do you need any links to some stores that sell them? Or Amazon? I'm not sure what country you come from.

Gynecologist isn't bad. Depending on if you are a virgin or not they just check you out (usually a woman.) You make an appoint just like you would with a normal health/internal medicine doctor.

The only problem is if you had sex before you have to get a pam, which isn't fun (because they basically scrap against your vagina.) It's like a pinch but it's not that bad and it does check for cancer and other things. Also it makes sure your cervix is ok too as well as your hormones, since an imbalance in your vagina (or hormones,) causes other problems i.e. facial issues, mental, etc.

I don't use tampons anon and I'm fine. I normally use Always pads or the store brand granny pads here because I was heavy up until I started taking birth control to control my hormones.

>Joys of being a woman I guess.

>> No.8038510

>>8038489
>>8038478
Again, not wanting kids at a young age is what a majority of all women do.
Your mind can (and by all likelihood will) change. If you permanently fuck up your body before it does, and it DOES change, and you can't get your own kids anymore? Good luck finding a reason to keep living at that point.
Bridge burned infront of you because you thought you'd never want to cross the river, when you could've just kept hte bridge intact and not crossed it.

>> No.8038524

>>8038367
Source for otome fabric?

>> No.8038532

>>8038510
Please fuck off, you sound like one of those christfags who thinks being gay is a phase. If you want babbys then fine, go ahead, but don't act like you personally know every anon and judge their choices. Have fun with your stretch marks and cheerio crumb filled minivan. I'm 25 btw. No kids desired.

>> No.8038533

>>8038370
Skewed perception: the people with the bad relationships are the ones most likely to talk about them with strangers online. My guy is smart, good-looking, lots of fun and cooks dinner for me all the time. Hence why I have no need to go bitching about him in a feels thread!

I assume the medical questions are mostly US folks with high insurance deductibles, or other places where getting healthcare is stupidly expensive.

>> No.8038544

>>8038453

Alright. You? Two things. First of all:

- Dont listen to this person. >>8038510 They are fucking crazy.

You will always find people who react like this to someones lifestyle choices.

"It doesnt matter that you are X, you will be Y one day." As if they know completely everything. It doesnt matter if its homosexuality (Youll like boys once youve married one, trust me!) or flat-out asexuality (I was a late-bloomer too. its just a phase! Youll grow up and want sex one day!) or wanitng kids, or religion, or really almost anything.

The best person to ask about this shit is yourself. Sure, you might make a mistake. But at least itll be your own damn mistake. And you are in a lot better of a place to answer your own inner questions than someone who believes all women are programmed to irreversibly want to produce a child - with no choice in the matter.

Of course the obvious counterpoint to that whole 'you will definitely want a kid one day' is to ask them how they know they want kids so badly (The answer is 'i just do!' unsurprisingly) or how do they know they wont want kids anymore once theyve had them (same answer!)

And rounding it off with 'good luck to find a reason to keep living' if you cant have kids is just the cherry on the crazy-pie.

Second of all:

- Major Mental is at least right on the idea that you SHOULD get it checked out. Not caring about having kids is one thing, but there are quite a few things that can go wrong with the reproductive system. Its a bit of a mess in there. So if you notice weird period cycles, or have an extremely late period start, have pain there, or really anything else that you arent damn sure is normal DO go see a doctor.

If your Uterus isnt any use to you, thats totally on the level. But it might have figured that out and be holding a revolver. And hell, maybe there is something wrong with it thats going to make you infertile. If thats the case, its a good thing to find out if only for peace of mind.

>> No.8038553

>>8038532
>>8038544
Have fun changing your mind after you made it impossible for yourself.
Notice how i never actually spoke out against not having children, I spoke out against not going to the doctor and purposefully fucking up your reproductiory organs "cause you don't want kids anyways"

somehow I'm the unreasonable one here

>> No.8038560

>>8038510
Anon I'm not even the same people you're arguing with but just because we're biologically driven to produce children doesn't mean our intellect and morality doesn't hold us back from doing so. Especially if there are medical problems that could complicate pregnancies and endanger us, or prevent us from adequately providing for the children. One of my guy friends won't have kids because of all the hereditary problems they would inherit.

I have biological urges to want kids sometimes, but my moral upbringing tells me that children should be birthed and raised in a safe, emotionally and financially stable environment and that won't happen for me until at least mid thirties, and by then who knows what my feelings will be. IMO people who are hesitant about wanting children are far better in my eyes than people who reproduce willy nilly and fall back on biology or "God's will" to justify it when they get into trouble. People who put off having kids are thinkers, and I appreciate them.

>> No.8038563

>>8038533
Yeah but getting advice here would be like getting advice on the street. It's a stupid and bad idea and in the long run you know your body the most, not some random ass internet stranger.

The boyfriend thing doesn't make sense either. You are always going to have someone with a sandy vagina or a shitposter giving you dumb advice for something that you know the answer to.

>> No.8038565

>>8038553
It's okay anon, I noticed that for every person shittalking someone about not wanting kids and thinking they're better then everyone, there's at least one shitting on everyone that does want to have kids and thinks they're better then everyone

>> No.8038566

>>8038394
Hey anon, I understand the fear of doctors, but honestly they are probably only going to do an ultrasound and put you on birth control to regulate it. They don't need to do a pelvic exam. That's what they did to me and I had really really bad periods. If they insist you need a pelvic exam, protest or go to a planned parenthood.

Not having a period for months on end (while not on birth control that is) can lead to endometrial cancer. Please get your uterus checked out.

>> No.8038568

>>8038553

> If you permanently fuck up your body before it does, and it DOES change, and you can't get your own kids anymore? Good luck finding a reason to keep living at that point

> Good luck finding a reason to keep living at that point

> Notice how i never actually spoke out against not having children,

> Good luck finding a reason to keep living at that point

> Reasonable behavior.

You're either a fucking psychopath or a fucking idiot or both. You get precisely one guess at to which of these three options i think you are.

>> No.8038578

>>8038501
Anon doesn't need a pap smear or pelvic exam, that's for cervical cancer, and unless they are 21, they don't need one for this issue. They need an ultrasound to check for cysts and endometrial cancer

>> No.8038579

>>8038533
>teehee I don't have problems with my life right now and if I did, I'd have people to talk to look at meeee~
Gee, don't you sound grating. Ever hear of the term venting?

>> No.8038582

>>8038565

Again. This person made it clear that they think that people who cant have kids have lost meaning in their lives and might as well kill themselves.

Me, im one to think thats actually kind of fucked up. But maybe im just shit-talking, eh?

I actually love kids. I wouldnt have one, because im uncomfortable even being in long-term relationships and having a child is the longest term relationship. But i love kids and can totally understand why people have them,

But i am tired of people asking me when im going to have them. Or telling me that ill change my mind about having them.

If i didnt take to pity like a snail takes to salt id just have myself made infertile and tell people i cant have kids. But then people would probably just spend all their time suggesting ways i could have kids anyway.

>> No.8038589

>>8038560
>Anon I'm not even the same people you're arguing with but just because we're biologically driven to produce children doesn't mean our intellect and morality doesn't hold us back from doing so.
Which doesn't change the fact that you can change your mind (and the fact that it's normal to change your mind on it)
I'm aware that not everyone wants kids and people end up not having kids. It's not a bad thing, it's everyones choice.
What is a bad thing however is deciding that you will never ever want to have kids, even though you're barely 25% through your life. Again, you're burning bridges you don't need to burn, period.

>Especially if there are medical problems
I've been telling this to someone who has a doctor phobia and did not have a period in a long time, and justifying not going to the doctor with "It's cool, I don't want kids anyways". I was pointing out that while your mindset on kids can change, fucking up your insides to make you infertile potentially cannot be reversed.

>>8038568
>>8038582
You realize
>> Good luck finding a reason to keep living at that point
Refers to the scenario in which you want children later in life, but due to being an irresponsible teenager you are unable to? If you don't want kids, it doesn't apply to you. Not wanting kids is fine.
I stand by it. Good luck finding a reason to keep living at that point.

Go fuck yourself with your self-righteous behavior, by the way. Learn to fucking comprehend what you read before you want to play the intellectual high-ground out.

>> No.8038594

Quite genuinely shitting myself over this essay I'm writing. Like I need to go to the library to check stuff but my ass just wants to keep evacuating. I'll never make it there.

At least I'm getting cleaned out, I guess?

>> No.8038602

>>8038589

I apologize i cant look past what you actually said into the metaphysical spirit realm where your ideas are less offensive.

Unfortunately i can only comprehend and reply to what you actually fucking said. And what you actually fucking said was 'people who cant have kids might as well kill themselves'.

If you meant something else, then fine. But if you tell an offensive jew joke and someone takes offense, your cant say 'oh, but it wasnt meant to be an offensive jew joke! It was meant to be an offensive pollack joke! Learn to fucking comprehend bitch!'.

>> No.8038608

>>8038589
>confusing choice with need
Anon, nobody needs to have children. We are an overpopulated earth with children who are abused, beaten, and/or go parentless everyday.
You can live your whole life comfortably, and without regret, without children.

Why don't you ask older people who have not had kids? I doubt the majority will tell you that they got to 40 and decided for sure they didn't want them. This is a decision that requires long-term thinking and commitment.

>fucking up your insides to make you infertile potentially cannot be reversed
I'm not saying it's wise to not see a doctor when your internal organs are fucking up, but I am saying that the importance you're placing on reproductive organs is misplaced. Anon should go in case they have an even bigger problem than periods, not because it endangers their future of having crotchfruits.

>> No.8038618

>>8038608
>You can live your whole life comfortably, and without regret, without children.
Yes.
If you do want kids, though? You want kids. You're going to regret making yourself infertile earlier in your life back when you did not want kids.
That's all I'm saying. Never have I said not having kids is bad. Never have I said not wanting kids is bad or impossible.

Fuck, why are you acting like this is such a hard concept? Don't burn bridges you don't need to. You might want to cross them later, as people change, situations change, mindsets change, plans change. Saying "I don't want kids NOW so I'll make myself infertile PERMANENTLY" is incredibly shortsighted and flat-out stupid.

>>8038602
No need to delve into the supernatural, my illiterate friend, reading what I said again is enough. Here, I'll even quote myself so you don't have to scroll up.
>If you permanently fuck up your body before it does, and it DOES change, and you can't get your own kids anymore? Good luck finding a reason to keep living at that point.
It's all about the context. You have to read one sentence for the other to make sense, incase you don't know what context is.

Do you understand now? Do I need to baby you even more?

>> No.8038624

>>8038578
My Gyno told me that I need a pam smear every year if I'm having sex or not not only for cervical cancer but also to make sure nothing else is wrong with my vagina, like UTI's or other problems. We don't know the age of this anon.

>> No.8038625

>>8038618
>If you do want kids, though?
You adopt.
If you wanted -biological- kids then that's just being morally unethical. This isn't terribly hard to understand anon...

>> No.8038630

>>8038625
I've been talking about biological kids this entire time. I thought that adoption and other methods not being affected by your own personal infertility was so obvious, I didn't have to mention it.
Adoption can't replace biological offspring for many people.

>> No.8038632

>>8038630
>Adoption can't replace biological offspring for many people.
Then they're selfish assholes and aren't real people.

>> No.8038640

>>8038625
are you not saying people who want kids should always be also willing to adopt kids?

>> No.8038642

>>8038589

>not having periods

There are worse things than being infertile your friend could have. Like cancer. Unlikely, but she should seriously rule that out.

Reminds me of that one classmate I had who thought the worst thing people with anorexia nervosa could get was being infertile. You know, never mind being dead.

>> No.8038647

>>8038594
Stress shitting? That sounds fucking awful, anon. Good luck with your essay.

>> No.8038658

>>8038640
I'm saying that the alternative should always be open just in case. In an ideal world everyone would adopt at least one unwanted child, but we don't live in an ideal world.

I just can't stand selfish bigots who whinge forever about not being able to have biological children when the same emotional satisfaction and moral duty of raising children could be obtained via adopted kids.
>source my stepdad adopted me and my uncle and aunt adopted when they couldn't have a biological child

>> No.8038662

>>8038624
Pap smears are at age 21-29, pap smear once every 3 years
-Age 30-65, pap and HPV screening once every 5 years
-After age 65, no testing needed if 3 negative tests in a row

If you have been sexually active, if you've never had any sort of sexual activity, then pap smears aren't super necessary. Also you cannot check for UTIs in the vagina? Pee doesn't come out of the vagina. I have no idea what your gyno is doing but you should probably find another.

>> No.8038663

>>8038594

>stress shits

Are the worst. I need coffee to go during finals, but between that and my stress, it's like my bowels are in purge mode for most of it, and not in a 'feel good' way. Hugs anon, you'll make it!

>> No.8038664

>>8038524
http://otsukaya.co.jp/NewNetShopTop.htm
Used fromjapan as my shopping service.

>> No.8038665

>>8038544
>>8038566
Thanks for all of your help guys, and I'm sorry for derailing the thread completely. I'm having my period now after 9 months of nothing, and it seems to be normal at the moment. If it doesn't settle into a normal cycle from now on I will probably have to go get it checked. I've never experienced pain or anything like that, just absent periods, which is why it hasn't been a priority for me to check out. But I'm really scared of cancer or endometriosis, so I guess I have to do it.
And >>8038618 anon, I can understand what you're saying. Fortunately for me I guess, I would have no problems adopting a child if I ever did want one, so if I did turn out infertile it would not be any kind of problem.

>> No.8038667

kek

>> No.8038669

>>8038658
Adopting children isn't always that easy though?

>> No.8038670

>>8038632
>>8038658
Wether it's moral or immoral is not part of the debate here, ontop of being highly subjective.
I could argue that the most ethical action would be killing yourself and everybody you can to reduce overpopulation with the exact same argument you're making right now.

There's more things that factor into getting kids than just population of the planet. If it was, China would be doing it right. Apparently they're not, though.
If someone only wants a biological child, he wants only a biological child. You have to look at the needs of the one when talking about the issues of the one.

>> No.8038671

>>8038665
Good luck with your gyno and uterus stuff anon, a lot of birth controls will make it so you don't have a period safely of course.

>> No.8038673

>>8038669
Nobody said it was. And evidently, having biological children is not always easy either, especially considering for women there's a fatality risk unlike adopting. But hey, we could back and forth forever.

>> No.8038676

>>8038670
>I could argue that the most ethical action would be killing yourself and everybody you can to reduce overpopulation with the exact same argument you're making right now
No you couldn't, because
>imposing your morality unto others via killing them=/=making a choice to not biologically reproduce
But nice try, I can see you're buttravaged about this so maybe this should end.

>> No.8038682

>>8038673
You know what I basically agree with what this anon said >>8038670

>>8038676
Isn't saying 'people who don't want to adopt instead are selfish' kind of the same thing though

>> No.8038692

>>8038453
I had same issue it was endomitriosis. If you let it go too long you can have dangerous internal bleeding. If you have insurance think about manning up to see a doctor.

>> No.8038698

>tfw have only eaten a handful of grapes for the past three weeks, substituting food for tea and gum
>didn't even notice it until my mom pointed it out, and now she's forcing me to get help
>tfw she's a nurse practitioner, and can actually fucking force me
>tfw genuinely don't think i have a problem
i eat like this all the time, she just doesn't see it because i'm at school. i'm not trying to starve myself, nor am i depressed or completely without an appetite; i just don't like to think about food. i've had ed issues in the past, and this doesn't feel like that at all. i feel healthy and good, not ill and half-crazed like i used to. i'm not trying to fit into any costumes or look good for a con - i'm happy with myself, which makes this all the more frustrating.

>> No.8038700

>>8038682
>Isn't saying 'people who don't want to adopt instead are selfish' kind of the same thing though
It's not the same thing.
/argument

>> No.8038702

>>8038676
I'm not buttravaged at all, I didn't mean to insult you with "kill yourself" or something. Just the objectively best course of action for this planet, from a moral point of view. Applies to me too.

>imposing your morality unto others via killing them=/=making a choice to not biologically reproduce
of course it's not the same thing, and I admit comparing it to blowing up others was a bad analogy, but it's analogous.

If you think someone doesn't matter because he doesn't want an adopted child, and "are not real people" because of it, you're also dismissing them and their issues for some perceived higher unrelated moral reason.

>I want a kid, but I'm infertile
>If you don't want to adopt, I don't agree with your morals. Your actions are unethical and I don't regard you as a real person.

>I want to live, but I'm afraid I might encounter issues
>If you don't want to kill yourself to solve overpopulation, I don't agree with your morals. Your actions are unethical and I don't regard you as a real person.

Do you see where the issue lies?
Wether or not adoption is the moral solution doesn't matter. It's not a solution for some people. Period.

>> No.8038704
File: 362 KB, 771x411, hjälp.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I've been very suicidal the last few weeks. I get like this from time to time, but it doesn't stop me from making attempts.

I wish I could talk with someone about this, I suffer from a lot from deep depression and anxiety so having me opening up to you is more of a burden instead of anything ever else. Hell, I think the few friends I've actually opened up to over the years aren't really taking me seriously or even bother anymore. Not that I blame them, honestly.

I'm scared of talking with my doctor or therapist about it, I'm just about to get a job I really need since I lost my last one 6 months ago. I don't want to risk being talked into admitting myself to a hospital or having to say no to the job because I'm too mentally unstable.

Everything just feels so useless and worthless. I barely have a social life, I feel like I'm not accomplishing anything in life, I feel stupid and ugly. And even if I would try to do something with my life what would that mean in the end? It will all sum up into nothing anyway when I'm dead, no matter if I die young or when I'm old and grey.

>> No.8038717

>>8038579
man, you sound sandy as hell. she basically just said that her life is fine and she has no need to vent

>> No.8038726

>>8038704
Is there anyone you can talk to anon? Anything online, or if you attend college or university maybe someone there?

And please talk to your therapist about it, I was terrified of doing so myself but it'll help. Sometimes even if at first it's hard, talking about it to someone that's willing to listen in general can already help.

>> No.8038727

>>8038698
Anon go get it checked out. Just because you feel fine doesn't mean you are fine. You are not a doctor. If you only ate a handful of grapes and not water (I don't mean tea,) then there's something wrong. Gum=/=food.

>>8038704
Go talk with a therapist or talk with a close friend. You might need medication because it could be a chemical imbalance. Who knows?

You want someone to talk to? You can talk to me.

>> No.8038729

>>8038717
You're a damn retard/10

>> No.8038731

>mfw mom not only doesn't give any kind of christmas/birthday gift to me, but also takes the money that other family members give me for christmas/birthday
I don't even live at home for most of the year, but whenever I come back for the holidays she somehow thinks that she has claim over whatever gifts I get from family

>> No.8038733

>>8038729
>someone called me out on my jelly bullshit!!! I have no defense so I should just call them a retard D^:

>> No.8038735
File: 434 KB, 500x281, j7u42q3.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Holy fuck, I'm meeting my supervisor/boss for the first time tomorrow.

>applied for tech consult job yesterday
>find out through grapevine that I got it
>shifts are only for early morning
>grapevines tells me to meet him soon
>will finally have cash for a not-shit pc

I'm telling myself that I'll get one of those snazzy consultant vests if I don't freak out as much.

>> No.8038755

>>8038647
>>8038663
I'm gonna finish it. It's not gonna be great, but I'll finish it.

Also just checked tracking for a package and customs has got hold of it, so I guess this feeling like I'm being fucked in the ass is at least for more than one reason

>> No.8038759

>>8038733
It has to do more with the fact that anon was referring to the people talking about their relationships and medical problems who are venting.

lmfao

>> No.8038767

>>8038733
See >>8038759, if you have a good life you should be out enjoying it instead of concerning yourself with the "jelly" of anonymous strangers. It's kind of petty, actually.

>> No.8038769

>>8038698
A handful of grapes won't get you the nutrients you need to function. Neither will tea and gum.

You need a balanced diet, otherwise you won't feel healthy for long. Listen to your mom, and let her help you put a better diet together.

>>8038704
Notice how you said "I think my friends aren't taking me seriously." When you're depressed you feel like a burden to everyone, even if you aren't one. Don't be afraid to talk to your friends, or get therapy.

>> No.8038775

>>8038698
Anon eating is important

you are absolutely not getting all the vitamins and nutrients you need with your current diet

>> No.8038778

>>8038421
I hate the normal ones. The ones with the applicator are so much better and they seem thinner too. take a look in the shop just in case, they're usually in a bigger box.

>> No.8038781

>whole family goes on a trip back to the mother country to see the rest of the family
>nana has a heart attack while over there
>nana means everything to this seagull
>nana cant come home on the 9th of january with the rest of the family
>has to spend another month over there
>sell lolita to get her a ticket home
>nana gets discharged on monday
>full of happiness
>nana passes away yesterday
>sadness
>emptiness

>> No.8038783

>>8038698
I don't necessarily think you need psychological help, but you need help establishing a healthy and balanced diet nutritionally which may require you to re-evaluate your current attitude towards food and nutrition. Given that you're substituting food for tea and gum and yet in the same breath 'not trying to starve yourself' (which is basically what you're doing) I'd say your mother has good reason to be concerned. Grapes, tea and gum offer only a small fraction of the micro- and macro- nutrients you need, and you're setting yourself up for some pretty shit stuff like mixed anaemia (i.e. iron and folate/B12 defiency at the same time), osteopenia, loss of muscle mass due to poor protein intake (and I suppose at the extremes, Kwashiokor and destruction of your cardiac muscle), and probably heart arrhythmias if you're not getting the appropriate balance of electrolytes.

>> No.8038784

>>8038698
I'll never get this.

Yesterday I ate, from breakfast to dinner:
>300 grams of cottage cheese
>three slices of toast with salmon and olive oil on them
>big glass of cacao
>bunch of cheese
>eggs and ham for lunch
>three oranges
>some chocolate
>two smaller steaks, around 300g of meat
>lots of steamed peas, carrots, mushrooms, and broccoli
>some more chocolate
and I was almost a little hungry before going to bed.
I don't understand how you can fucking function on a bunch of grapes and tea and gum. Like how did you not keel over after a day?

and then
>i feel healthy and good
Shit, you could feel so much healthier if you actulaly got some real nutrients in you, and not just sugar based calories

>> No.8038790

>>8038698
Ask yourself this: Would you be unhappy with yourself when you're forced to eat a diet consisting of nutritious meals everyday? If so, why?

>> No.8038827
File: 327 KB, 1065x1600, 1419193723268.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8038784
Are you a landwhale or bulking?

>> No.8038831

>>8038827
You forgot the third option: or doing high-intensity exercise for at least a couple of hours a day

>> No.8038835

>>8038827
>can't tell if making generalized snarky comments in an attempt to be funny or legitimately spending hours b8ing a feels thread
Both are bretty autistic.

>> No.8038841
File: 188 KB, 594x784, 1383594239467.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8038320
>However I'm bitter about it because had I not been the only person doing the mountain of chores in the kitchen and throughout the apartment, I might not have needed my laptop playing videos in the kitchen to entertain me during the hours it took to accomplish cleaning by myself.

>really bad credit card debt from Christmas and buying food for me and the bf; will have to use some of my grad loans to pathetically pay it off in February

Where the fuck is your self-control?

>> No.8038850

>>8038841
Different anon but what exactly about having videos or music in the background while doing chores is evidence of lack of self-control? It makes the time go by faster for me.

>> No.8038855

>>8038827
Cutting slightly, actually. Lost a bit of fat that day. You don't want to know how much I ate when bulking.

>> No.8038858

>>8038855
>>8038831
also I actually only did 10 minutes of cardio because I had no time

I'm not even a roidmonster or nothing, those legit eat 20k calories to cut

>> No.8038864

>finally managed to get down to and maintain weight i was happy with
>ordered unshirred jsk that i had been eyeing but didn't touch because i was too fat
>visit overbearing parents over the holidays
>"oh anon you look like a vietnamese refugee, you should eat more"
>forced to have all three meals with them so they could monitor what i ate
>i feel sick after almost every meal
>flash forwards two days ago, i get back to my place
>jsk arrives, i try it on
>won't zip

and i'm back to two meals a day and chugging green tea like there's no tomorrow.

>> No.8038903

>tfw you can step in and out of lucky key.

I know I know, it's full back shirring, a small minke whale could probably fit too, but it still feels nice to be able to comfortably pull a dress past your hips despite being a pear. I've been eating better and exercising more for the past year. My only permanent rules were "do better this week than last week" and "if you fuck up one day, it's alright". It's paying off and I don't beat myself up for "off days", they happen. Now I just need to apply that mentality to wearing lolita and maybe I'll finally improve.

>> No.8038946
File: 1008 KB, 245x180, IMG_0378.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8038457
I'm not the OP, but even if I bleed tampons hurt and I can feel them inside. I think I just have a really small vagina.

>> No.8038953
File: 126 KB, 308x302, 1420097826133.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8038553
Fuck off. If you notice the birth rate is declining because women actually get to choose when(if) they have babies.I personally won't for genetic reasons.

>> No.8038955
File: 421 KB, 427x240, zetsuboushita.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8038227
>building first web server on Raspberry Pi
>much excite because I finally figured out how to do something vital for it to work
>mouse is old and dusty, decided to unplug it to clean out the tracking
>accidentally unplug power source
>corrupts microSD running Raspbian that's running server
>fml and don't have a microsd card reader on hand
>fml even more
>have to wait until tomorrow to run and get one.

rip InnocentWorld server.

>> No.8038967

>>8038953
what the fuck does your post have to do with theirs?

>> No.8038969

>>8038704
Anon, as someone else who has been in the hospital (a lot) for depression, if you need to go, you need to go. There's a logical part of you that knows if there's a safety concern or not. Have you considered partial hospitalization? Its like full or part time therapy you can attend during the day.

>> No.8038971

>>8038457
Not that anon, but I have similar issues. I think it's because I have a pretty light flow normally. I can use them when my period's at its very heaviest, but apart from that, it's pads all the way because tampons dry me up to the point of pain.

>> No.8038977

>>8038458
I don't know, I'm almost 21 and most girls my age that I know are certain they want kids already (not right now, but they know for sure they want them) while I'm still fairly certain I don't want any. I know I could change my mind in the future, but I think that most young adults are sure that they DO want kids in the future.

>> No.8039264

>>8038370
One thing in addition to what's been said, complaining about one aspect of a boyfriend doesn't mean he's a shitty boyfriend. Sometimes people have issues that they work out in their relationships and they just need to vent.

IE I've been pissy with mine because he promised to help pay for Katsucon (I'm making him go, so I offered to pay his way, he just told me that he'd help out) and he just spent every penny of his christmas and job money on an xBone. Katsu is in a month and he doesn't have a penny saved for it. I'm really fucking pissed and have been complaining about it to my friends for a few days, and it completely makes him sound like a dick, but he's not, and he really cares about me and is really sweet and takes care of me, he's just also kind of irresponsible.

Aside from that, people aren't typically going to come onto /cgl/ and brag about our amazing boyfriends all the time. People only ever complain, so you only ever really hear the bad parts.

>> No.8039277

>>8038421
That kind of tampon makes no fucking sense to me. I asked a coworker for a tampon one day when my period hit suddenly and she handed me one of those. I didn't even know what to do with it.

Just order regular aplicator'd ones online. They're so easy to use. I personally recommend tampax sport, but that's me.

>>8038458
This kind of mentality is so fucking stupid

So many people have kids because it's "normal" or their families pressure them into it, or other people. Not everyone wants kids. You don't have to have children to have a productive happy life. If I could give away my functional ovaries/uterus to some poor woman who wants kids and can't have them, I would.

>> No.8039285
File: 62 KB, 505x232, DISTRESSED.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Really want to cosplay with friend
>Friend wants to cosplay too
>Can't decide on what to do because our ideas are really fucking hard to pull off i.e Armour
>Fuck

On an unrelated note, I get to start learning the piano tomorrow.

>> No.8039293

>>8039285
Why don't you I don't know start off small? There's something you like that isn't really complicated or stupid hard.

>> No.8039296

>>8038784
This feel

I ate
>bowl of applejacks with whole milk, 2 servings' worth
>bowl of pot pie
>spicy potato wedges
>five chicken tenders
>single-serve lava cake
>hush puppies
>side of mashed potatoes from KFC
>four oreos
>two chicken/bacon/cheese quesadillas

And I had a migraine that made me sick as a dog for half the day.

I only weigh like 100 lbs soaking wet.

Also
>that shitty diet tho

>> No.8039309

>>8038458
>40

this is why we have kids with major disabilities
40 year old women think their aged ovaries are youthful and healthy enough to grow a human

stay mad and have children at least before 30

>> No.8039310

>>8039293
Nah, we're too retarded for that. I'm sure we'll figure something out. The only problem is that we kinda wanna be a duo, and we don't many white and semi-black duos.

>> No.8039313

>>8039310
>we don't many white
we don't know many white*

>> No.8039333
File: 52 KB, 398x445, angry elf.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8039309
Hey fucker, my "disabled" ass could fuck your able ass with no problems.

>> No.8039336
File: 157 KB, 440x666, 1378854880773.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>wake up
>make own latte with 2 shots of espresso a bit of organic 2% milk and some caramel
>later 2 tiny slices of chicken pizza
>matcha tea no sugar
>later one small cooked up sausage patty
>half a glass of orange juice
>did like 10 sit ups with holding 10lb weight behind head
>too tired now sitting on couch
>feel full and like a piece of lazy shit
>34- 25 - 36
>still feel skinny fat
>read this thread
>"loads of food never exercise in life"

I feel a tiny bit better about myself

>> No.8039339

>>8039333
stay mad

>> No.8039356
File: 61 KB, 400x388, feelsbad.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

> make friends with other cosplayers while in school
> move after graduation
> talk online a little but not much, plan on going to conventions together
> it's been a few months, I miss them
> sends messages to each of the friends to reconnect
> Facebook tells me they've seen the messages
> no response from anyone
> ever
> I try again and get the same result

mfw

>> No.8039373

>>8039310
there's that pair of characters from michiko to hatchin that you could cosplay, they're fairly simple.

>> No.8039388

>>8039373
>michiko to hatchin
We're guys, lol

>> No.8039450

>met up with seagull today
>completely sperged out

I'm sorry, you're really cute and seem really cool and I hope you see this. I wanted to ask you to hang out for a bit but I didn't know if you had other things to get around to and I'm so afraid of seeming weird that I always seem weird.

Also
>had migraine for a week straight
>felt extra terrible today
>nausea so bad I was gagging throughout the day
>managed to not puke
>forced down some mashed potatoes
>took like 4 Excedrin and 2 ibuprofen
>took nap
>woke up pain free, no nausea
>finally.jpg
>pain slowly creeping back in as Excedrin wears off
>starting to feel nauseous again

I might have to go to the hospital yet.

I'll take some pepto for my stomach and hope that I can sleep it off again, I have to work a 9-hour closing shift tomorrow and I don't think I should be half-ODing on any more painkillers.

In addition my shoulders have been really bad lately, my back shoulder muscles have been cramping for hours on end so I've been taking my muscle relaxers again, which make me so tired I can't be assed to move from wherever I'm sitting, and cranky to boot.

Hooray for shitty genetics!

>> No.8039599

>>8039277
That is true, in my country it's expected of women to be married and have children in their 20's, but the happiest and most interesting and accomplished women I've ever met have no children. My mother didn't want kids until she accidentally had me at 30. I can't have kids, I can physically get pregnant but because of medical stuff I can't carry it, I suppose I'll have to wait another 10 or 20 years before I know if this will be an emotional problem but right now it doesn't bother me at all.

>> No.8039612

>>8038480
>>8038492
Try different positions. I thought I couldnt physically hold the super size tampons from boots in my vag because they kept slipping out after a few hours. Turns out I just have to bend over reaallly deep with one leg up and voila now it stays in all day.

Anon please go to the doctor. Kids or no kids, a lot of your general health could be tied into your periods. Also if you pay for postage I will mail you tampons from boots in all sizes with applicators. changing over from pads changed my life and I believe all women should give it a chance.

>> No.8039634

>>8039450
fucking migraines.

>tfw celebrating headache-free days like they are actual holidays

>> No.8039639

>tfw darkskinned and want to cosplay people of lighter skin tone

>> No.8039643

> tfw don't know if should buy burando or lots of taobao

>> No.8039647

>buy a dress
>realize it's unshirred
fuckfuckfuck I'm finding mixed reviews for the maximum waist measurements

>> No.8039654

>tfw want to fuck a female friend
>tfw she doesn't want to fuck me

>> No.8039656

>be guy
>be skinnyfat manlet with round face
>have mostly female friends
>have mostly unmasculine interests
>give no fucks when around women
>maximal overcompensation mode activated around guys

Fuck it, I like frills in a nonsexual way and I'd be more excited to meet another male jfashionista to chill with and talk burando than to get a lolita gf. I don't want to care whether you'd call me a low test beta orbiter cuck or whatever the fuck buzzwords people are using now, I just want to have a friend who is not a dudebro and who won't automatically assign me to the lowest spot on the social totem pole because of how I look or what I'm into. At least around women I'm enough of an outsider that they don't give a shit where I "rank."

>> No.8039663

>>8039656
Start lifting u fgt then even though you are a self admitted low test beta orbiter, you won't look like one

>> No.8039668

>>8039656
People get the lowest spot on the social totem pole by how they act, not how they look or what they're into.

Trust, my skinnyfat manlet twink friend isn't considered low no matter which groups we meetup with with because he's fun to be around.

you probably are a low test beta orbiter cuck, though. And probably gay

Sorry friend

>> No.8039671

Fuck. Well. Left everything too late and screwed up my essay. I can pull together something coherent for 2/3 the proper wordcount, maybe. But god, do I need some sleep. I feel so sick, but if I actually throw up I'll never finish on time, and they're so hard on mitigating circumstances

Dress delivery schedules for tomorrow thoguh so yay

>> No.8039674

>>8039668
>And probably gay

prioritizing friendship over pussy isn't the same as wanting to gobble cocks anon.

>> No.8039681

>>8039674
You have female friends

Let's be honest, you just want some dick in your anus. I hang out with mostly dudes because we share the same interests; I could hang out with more chicks, but it'd be dull as fuck. Then if somebody doesn't share similar interests or interests you, it all comes down to sex. If I want more chicks in my group for whatever odd reason, it's because I'm going to think about dicking the hot ones and ignoring the others 24/7, and practically nothing else because if we had the "spark" and have similar interests, we would be friends already.

Who gives a fuck what gender your friends are? You want to gobble dicks.

>> No.8039687

Tfw when you put your heart and soul into a cosplay only to get to the con to find out no one cosplayed from your series. Even though it ended 3 months before hand

>> No.8040006

>worked hard and saved for the IW sale for weeks, really want a blouse
>don't have much money right now as I quit work due to health reasons, currently recovering and looking for a new job, blah blah life story etc
>end up missing a JSK with head bow and socks I really wanted on LM, to save for the sale
>set alarm for sale
>no blouses I like, caught up in the hype, end up going for a JSK, head bow and OTKs because they match and it's cute, £100 seems a good deal. Include a note to say that if that JSK has gone, I'm happy to buy the other cut in the same print.
>it will be a month before they invoice so I'll be sensible and work out the final cost so I can move it into my paypal account
>shipping plus tax plus DHLs admin fee is £64
>mfw the total was what the set on LM went for

Why am I such an idiot? I should have just gone for the LM set. Or just face disappointment and not buy anything in the sale. I have enough JSKs anyway, it's blouses I need. I'm almost hoping they have both sold out, as when it comes I don't know if I want to look at it.

>> No.8040015

>tfw email from Meta
>cute scarf
>want.jpg
>color you want is sold out

fuck. do they restock accessories?

>> No.8040021

>>8038781
That's awful, anon. I'm sorry for your loss.

>> No.8040028

>>8038781
Even if you feel sad about her passing you went out of your way to try and help her, I'm sure that meant a lot to her and your family.

>> No.8040033

>>8038338
So he was dishonest. Ditch that fucker.
If you want to think:
>why are you with him? what needs he fills in you?
>Would you be better without him? (if yes, ditch that fucker)

>> No.8040037

First time receiving burando in the mail, not second hand.
Became officially a brand whore.
Two expensive season dream dresses coming in the mail.
Both gifts from SO.
We have to live cheaply this month though.

>> No.8040054
File: 59 KB, 364x248, tumblr_mubossi3Hz1qeipluo1_400[1].png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I'm just kind of butthurt because my new year hasn't been starting off that well. My car's brakes were acting up last night after work so I pulled over and called my parent's house phone to get a ride home. My mother doesn't have a working cell and my dad got pissed because the phone ringing woke him up and she decided to leave and pick me up instead of telling him what was going on. When I got home we had an argument about leaving the car, and I told him I'd rather just let it be and try to figure out what's going on in the morning because it seems like there could be multiple problems. This was at 9:40 at night and maybe a five minute drive from where we live.

I called my uncle (a mechanic) this morning and explained all the lights and shit going off. He said it was a good thing that I left it because it could be a serious issue with the brake sensors not working or the brake module crapping out, and he's going to check it out today. It's just annoying that I feel like I did the right thing by pulling over to avoid causing an accident or damaging my vehicle and its tires, and yet my dad flips shit about it. There was no reason to be angry about the situation and he was blowing it out of proportion, plus the last time I had an issue with my car at night he actually disconnected the house phone when I tried contacting my parents. It was nice my mother was actually able to respond this time.

>> No.8040068

>>8039681
A woman with mostly male friends who wished for a female friend that shared her interests wouldn't be questioned for that wish.

But guys truly think with their dicks, everything is about sex. This is why they're not even worth befriending unless you want to get laid by one of them.

>> No.8040080

>>8039681
/r9k/ pls go

>> No.8040083

>>8039639
Just use makeup, it's only racist if you go darker.

>> No.8040087

>>8039336
>10 sit ups

That is rehab shit. Go lift weights.

>> No.8040089

>>8040083
and it only looks ugly when you go lighter...

>> No.8040093
File: 78 KB, 640x624, Nick-Cannon-whiteface.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8040083
Not if you got mad skill

>> No.8040096

>>8040093
Meant for
>>8040089

>> No.8040106
File: 32 KB, 485x600, tumblr_m4qhzrT7CI1qczs1ko1_500.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>tfw mom says its fine to buy 400 dollar shoes
>tfw the jokingly says she'll help me with 100
>tfw you realize she says this because she just wants me to be happy
i feel so guilty man
my depression got worse and i ended up being hospitalized. i understand where shes coming from, but i know these shoes wont keep me happy forever. i mean i'll be happy as fuck but yeah its not magic. its the last day before i head back to school and she seems really worried. what do?

>> No.8040125

>>8040106
Damn, those are some fuck me boots anon. I dunno about curing depression but sometimes I wish I were a girl so I could know that "new boots goin' out on the town" feeling girls keep talking about

>> No.8040139

>>8039450
Fucking just mail them if you want to hang out with them again, don't just mention it in a boring post about boring cramps.

Fuck. What is wrong with you people?!

>> No.8040180

>>8040139
>what is social anxiety

>> No.8040185

>>8040180
Social anxiety is no excuse, and won't cure itself unless you try.
>what is exposure therapy
i agree with the comment from the previous thread about this becoming a second tumblr tbh

>> No.8040213

Childfree anon from last thread here. I talked to my bf about my concerns and he said he does kind of want kids but doesn't know why. I pointed out that in the best case - for example, or friends who by all means have a well behaved fun child - he would still not enjoy taking care of it or have the time and they even though hey patents love her, they weren't too thrilled with parenthood. He said their case wasn't actually ideal because "(the 3 year old kid) starts crying for no reason. I want a kid that doesn't cry for no reason"

At this point I'm more pissed that my boyfriend could be this stupid about something and I didn't know for years and years. Jesus christ. I never say mean things about him but my mind is really blown over this.

>> No.8040232

>>8040015
Try emailing them, my friend did this for an out of stock dress and they found one for her! They're really great sometimes

>> No.8040233

>>8040185
>social anxiety is no excuse to be anxious in social situations!

Different anon but listen to yourself.

You can't expect someone with an actual problem (assuming she has an actual problem) to just go day after day putting themselves in stressful situations outside of normal everyday function. It's not really healthy to be under that much pressure, and a therapist wouldn't be likely to recommend it either.

They did say "today," if they aren't just tumblring, that could have been really stressful and they need some time to relax first.

>> No.8040287
File: 26 KB, 161x180, Untitled.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

good feels
>half of mandarake order arrived
>bought meme boob sweater
>dyed hair and got nails done
>hit a few PRs this week (95lbs bench, 1lmaoplaet atg squat)
>made $1.3k last week as opposed to $500ish
>$5.2k savings in bank
>no debt except $200 on credit card
i know that's not a lot for you guys, but i just started saving in late september and don't have a great job. my fiance takes care of rent and most of the groceries (although we eat 80% of our meals at work so not a lot of groceries) while i save. i pay for utilities and some groceries.

bad feels
>back to making less money
>cheap rent but room way too tiny for two people and two medium-large dogs
>can't go to katsucon because valentines day weekend is busiest time of year
>no time to practice drawing
>when time spend it shitposting on /fit/ and /cgl/
>want to open an online store for commissions and custom patches and shirts
>can't because no time and should put money towards savings
>want to post selcas, cosplay, and ootds on tumblr
>afraid to because a couple of people hate me on there and on /cgl/
>participated in a photoshoot where really unflattering pictures were taken
>really don't want those to be found and circulated
>want to overhaul wardrobe and be cute but somehow sexy too
>no idea what that would look like
also
>miss parents a shit ton
>want to move closer to them
>tfw they live in the middle of nowhere with no job opportunities
>ideal city (where i used to live) is 9 hours away from them

>> No.8040302

>>8038382

oh anons I feel for you. I love my bf a lot but I'm just despairing because his parents don't seem to know how to parent, so I turn into that nagging gf I never wanted to be trying to get him to stay motivated about uni. He uses the fact that he plays an elite sport at national level to stay up and game until stupid hours in the morning as 'stress relief' then sleeps through the day instead of going to classes. He's intelligent and he does want to finish uni, but his parents don't really push him at all since he's the first in their family to go to uni instead of a tech college... he's flunked out of one uni, moved to another, is failing again... and now he's applied so late that I'm not sure he'll get in to a different course at the second uni.

We're intending on moving in together in a couple months, and I feel like an ass not supporting him when he's clearly having trouble with his self esteem, feeling like a failure etc because of uni... but if he moves in with me with no uni he's going to mess up my sleeping pattern by gaming at all hours, he can't cook for himself, he's messy as hell and doesn't know how to work a washing machine... I'm really worried about the strain it's going to put on our relationship. I want to support him, but supporting him at this point is less "you can do it!" cheer squad type stuff and more kicking his ass into gear so he does things that are important to his future but can't be bothered to do. I don't want to become his parent, and at 23 he should be able to do it himself, but I do sympathise because I have struggled with focus in the past.

>tl;dr bf is having motivation trouble and I'm scared that I'll turn into his mother when we move in together

>> No.8040561

>>8040233
Original 'wtf you people' anon here, even if they have genuine social anxiety, sending an indirect message to them in a post about themselves saying 'I had fun!' is (to me) no different from sending an actual message except for that:

a) They want to torture themselves by sitting for hours obsessing over whether the person they want to read it might not read it, or even that they are ignoring reading it.

b) They are lazy or nonsensical? If they indirectly said it, like 'I went out and saw a person and had a good time and hope we hang out againt', then I would understand. They would be shielding themselves from the person rejecting them, but to direct their message 'hi I had a good time with you let's hang out again' doesn't do that. Can someone explain this to me? It just seems like they couldn't be bothered to send a message and that it was just an afterthought while they were complaining about their cramps.
Not that any of this matters, I'll live if I continue to not understand a stranger on the internet.

>> No.8040570

>>8040287
>don't have a great job
>making $500 a week

Anon I make $800-$1000 a month working 40 hours a week. You have a pretty great job.

>> No.8040577

>>8040570
What are you doing, picking cotton?

>> No.8040584

>>8040577
I work fast food. They're the only place in my area that would work around my school schedule.

I made $10k in the past year.

Thank god my parents don't charge me full rent to live here.

>> No.8040588

>>8040302
I know you don't want to risk hurting his feefees by bringing this up, but I really feel you should lay down some ground rules before you move in together.
As in physically, a written list of agreements of what you expect from each other. Maybe he could say that he expects you not to nag him to to go sleep, but you expect him to do his fair share of laundry and to maintain his grades. Or even just a chore rota.
It's very easy to say that you'll stand your ground or live up to your promises, but it's also very easy for things to slip a little bit at a time when you live together and there are no set boundaries, until the whole landscape has changed.

You are too young to be a mother.

>> No.8040612

I wonder if what I had was a panic attack this morning? I got super stressed out over my exam and hyperventilated, and even though I spent most of the day lying down in the dark and not studying like I should have been, I still feel really sick and my head feels kind of like I'm wearing a really heavy crown made of nails or explosives or something. If this keeps up tomorrow I'm in for a lousy time

>> No.8040613
File: 682 KB, 1497x1059, NFRQ9Fm.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

This is the first year that I've really experienced the holiday expense stress. I definitely had issues with self control to do with holiday shopping for gifts and for my lolita wardrobe. It's also combined with upcoming annual bills. I also didn't have enough vacation time banked for the time my workplace was closed and had some pre-existing debt due to a big trip to Asia this summer. My boyfriend also just graduated from his program and does not have an income at the moment. He's also sick with the flu and hasn't really been able to search for a job because of that and holiday closures. These things have all culminated in money being incredibly tight right now.

I have a couple people that owe me some money for a recent Taobao order and I have some lolita stuff to sell. At least I still have some savings.

Thanks for the chance to vent a little. For anyone else out there with money trouble, good luck with your circumstances. We can get through this.

>> No.8040629
File: 688 KB, 286x310, 1353838595523.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

> tfw new year starts, new attempt at losing weight
> ate a bunch of shit again today

So I already fucked that up.
I should just go ahead and give up because I have zero self-control

>> No.8040646

>>8040570
i get quite a bit of overtime. part of why i made so much last week is because worked all seven days (and actually 10 days straight). i don't remember the last time i had two days off in a row. while i'm really thankful for this job, but i am not using my degree at all.

my job is pretty relaxed compared to other restaurants, but customer service is tough. i'm also just sad that i am doing a job like this, because i turned down a job offer in japan because my fiance wouldn't come with me without his dog (and it doesn't help that i hate this shit out of this dog). it was only a teaching job, but i really wanted to live abroad for a few years before settling down here.

>> No.8040654

>>8040629
Just pretend like guy you crush or find super hot is standing there watching you, you wouldnt want him to see you stuffing your face non stop would you? Ignore this advice if you actually were just eatting good stuff like apples etc.

>> No.8040656

>>8040629
Don't give up. Accepting that you'll have set backs is important. Be realistic with yourself and just try and be better about it than you were last week.

I recommend the myfitnesspal app for tracking your calories. It only takes a few minutes a day and you'll get a better picture of how much you're eating.

You can get a body you're happy with, you just need to keep trying and be patient.

>> No.8040660

>>8040213
>"I want a kid that doesn't cry for no reason"
I don't give a fuck how technologically and scientifically advanced we get, I highly doubt anything short of taking free will away, will produce a child that doesn't cry for no reason. Jesus he's dumb.

>> No.8040664

>>8040213
He understands that it's a kid, not a robot that you'll be having right? If he wants something that operates on reasons and logic, a child is not what he wants

>> No.8040669

>>8040629
That's how you stay fat. It's about having the perseverance to keep making healthy choices even when you fuck up, so eventually it becomes a habit.

>> No.8040687

>mfw I found a ton of cute kigurumis on my local flea market
>mfw they were dirt cheap
>mfw I'm about to scream
I didn't know what I was expecting but it wasn't this

>> No.8040688

>>8040664
>>8040660
I don't understand how he thinks like this. I guess he had never really been around kids, but still. It'ss so disconnected from reality is disturbing. Someone last thread suggested making him babysit or spend time around them, but I don't think it would help because for some reason he thinks his kid would be different from everyone else's and I can't think of anything that would convince him otherwise.

>> No.8040703

>>8040688
http://www.reasonsmysoniscrying.com/

>> No.8040726

>>8040703
That's a good one. I'll send it to him.i don't know, I think he thinks other parents just aren't good or something. Or he'll make another excuse

>> No.8040730

> Been cosplaying 6 years already
> Still have only few friends and no one follows my coplay blog
> My friend is really popular and has a popular blog
> I'm not confident with my talents but I still think I'm better cosplayer than her
> She always has a lot of attention because she chooses popular characters (sometimes characters with big boobs so she'll get attention from males and sometimes tumblr-popular guys so she'll get attention from girls)
> She also has this "fragile poor girl" imago and she often starts crying at con for no reason and everyone will always do whatever she wants so that she'd feel better
> Her life seems great (lot of friends, caring family, etc.)
> My life sucks, dad says I'm failure and won't talk to me, I'm depressed and lonely but I still don't want to make a big thing out of it or try to get attention because of it
> mfw I'm gonna always be lonely and bitter and I'm never gonna get any attention at cons or anywhere else

I really don't want to hate her but con by con I'm just becoming more bitter

>> No.8040742

>>8040730
Your friend doesn't seem like she has a good life at all. She's obviously compensating for something with desperate attention seeking. A girl who cries at cons to get asspats has something really, really wrong with her and is hiding it or doesn't know how to address it.

>> No.8040744

>>8040703
>"Wow, that’s a really nice butt! Nice penis too!"
>- 3yo to 5yo
>We’ve been teaching him how to compliment. Might need to work on this more.
Haha, I can totally see my kids doing that.

>> No.8040754

>>8040726
Oh and i forgot but I said this last thread. He thinks he can just push the difficult baby/child of on a nanny until they grow up a bit more. Which I guess is technically true, but obviously stupid for other reasons

>> No.8040757

>>8040730
Are you saying you want attention she is getting? Cause it sounds like she is getting the wrong kind of attention, big boob attention is bad attention. Real genuine attention is what it sounds like you want.

>> No.8040758

>>8040688
Does he not have a sibling, or just not remember his childhood? It's like he thinks he can program you both to have some perfect android baby

>> No.8040759
File: 496 KB, 1217x475, 1412026131377.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>2015
>still using heroin

at least im good looking

>> No.8040764

>>8040629
Track calories while you eat. If you eat too much move your ass. Go around in circles for an hour if you must.

>> No.8040766

>>8040754
Why the hell does he want a kid if he's just going to foist them off on a nanny?

>> No.8040768

>>8040758
No siblings

>> No.8040771

>>8040766
I don't know. I asked him that and he said it's because sometimes they are fun (after age five or so) and also aren't that bad when they grow up. Personally I just think it's his biology talking and that's why his excuses are so bad.

>> No.8040775

>>8040771
>he said it's because sometimes they are fun (after age five or so) and also aren't that bad when they grow up
So is a Tamagotchi, and you can't go to jail for fucking one of those up. Man, fuck people who want offspring-pets and not actual children.

>> No.8040782

>>8040775
Yeah. I kind of think he doesn't really view kids as full human beings. To his credit, I do think if he actually had a kid he would step up and take care of it, but I just want to change his thinking now, you know? I'm worried he will leave me too fulfill his idiotic baby plan, only to realize later he shouldn't have had kids. If I thought he really wanted them id want him to be happy but he doesn't seem to know the first thing about them, or even why he wants them.

>> No.8040786

>>8038781
I'm so sorry, Anon. But she loved you, and you sound like an amazing grandkid.

>> No.8040791

>>8040775
This is also why I completely understand why cgl hates kids at lolita meetings, anime clubs, and cons. A LOT of parents use them as accessories or tools for getting attention, basically treating them like a pet, and getting butthurt when they actually have to get off their ass and take care of the kid. Or, for those who have half a brain at the meet ups, someone gets stuck with the kid because they care about not having a dead kid on their hands and the mom/dad is off doing god knows what.

Anon, please do all you can to NOT procreate with this douche. Let's say shit happens and you have a kid with this guy. From his attitude, you will be the sole provider and caretaker for the kid and it will cause so much resentment between you two and you and your child, fucking up everyone in the process.

>> No.8040795

>>8040791
I know. I know he sounds like a douche but I think he's just being ignorant and not thinking things through. Like I said above, I think if he had kids he would step up and realize the error of his ways. He's not a bad guy. And don't worry, I would not have kids with him. I love him but I don't love anyone enough to have kids with them.

>> No.8040797

>>8040561
I'm the seagull the person was talking about, and I did see it & message her. S'all good.

>> No.8040802

>>8040791
And you guys are right. He wants a pet and an ego boost. Other reasons he wants kids are "to pass on his genes" and "to have someone to teach my knowledge to. " where does the kid factor in? I hate kids but I wouldn't even treat them like that. How can I get him to see that?

>> No.8040807

>>8040802
>to have someone to teach my knowledge to.
Tell him to become a mentor.

He sounds a few crayons short of a full box.

>> No.8040809

>>8040742
Actually she has a crush on few of our friends and it seems she's trying to make them notice her and comfort her. I don't know if she has bigger problems or not but she's always really happy and out going besides of these scenes. I don't want to judge her since I can't possibly know if there's something more. But I'm very tired since at cons I'm comforting her in public and I'm the one that cries alone in bathroom. But anyway, she's a nice girl and I'm angry that I've become this jealous and bitter person

>>8040757
You're right, that's not the attention I want. Otherwise I'd propably choose those kinds of characters as well. But I'm getting desperate as the years go by and everything stays the same. I feel mad when she compliments at the cons and when I see how many comments and notes her cosplay pics gets. I know I'm two-faced idiot for being nice to her and feeling like this at the same time. I hope I could feel genuine happy for her.

>> No.8040814

>>8040802
Have a talk with him, instead of letting /cgl/ posters confirm your points of views.

>> No.8040821

>>8040814
I have tried talking to him. I need more ideas because obviously what I've been saying doesn't work

>> No.8040837

>>8040809
This is why I got out of cosplay. Not just for me but I wad sick of seeing my super talented friends passed up for tittymonsters. For what's supposed to be an escapist hobby, it reflects reality a little too grimly.

>> No.8040844

The feels when I eat more then my bulking friends and I'm still 32-23-33.
I spend ridiculous amounts on food weekly because I'm always just hungry.

>> No.8040848

>>8040757
>>8040730
You already know exactly what she's doing to get attention. If you crave that kind of attention, then you need to stop blaming your friend and cosplay what will gain you popularity, simple as that. If you don't want that kind of attention, then you also need to stop blaming your friend and do what you think will get you followers (up your craftsmanship level, promote your blog, think of a unique cosplay and execute it perfectly etc). You won't gain followers by being bitter and staying in the shadows and it's not fair to your friend if you end up blaming /her/ for your lack of success, so nip that in the bud.

>> No.8040852

>>8040837
I feel you. I've also thought about leaving cosplay because of this

>> No.8040869

>>8040852
Any interest in lolita? I left to do lolita more and I'm much happier.

>> No.8040871

>>8040584
Good on you for doing all those hours and still being able to study full time :/ do you ever get any sleep? Your parents should cut you some slack if you're working for rent, man

>> No.8040888

>>8040844
It will catch up as you get older, and then your eating habits will be so bad that you struggle to lose weight

>> No.8040891

>>8040871
Aahah yeah my parents threatened to kick me out if I didn't clean my room.

My room has been messy for literally my entire life. I was never taught to keep shit clean, never had any consequences when I didn't pick up, and now suddenly it's the iron fist. Oh well, I know I need to keep my shit tidy anyway. IRS just such an overreaction, especially when I don't have any free time as it is.

>> No.8040892

>>8040869
>implying this doesn't happen with lolita

>> No.8040897

>>8040891
Ah well I think you're great for being so hardworking. It will all be worth it once school's over

>> No.8040899

>>8038274

I'm sorry anon, I hope you continue doing well regardless of what they say.

>> No.8040905

>All my hobbies involve collecting and costing ass loads of cash
>god dammit I need a better job

>> No.8040909
File: 63 KB, 350x346, 1364081751166.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I spent a lot of Christmas money on some brand items recently, I come from a comm that owns a lot of brand, but I'm suddenly having doubts about my more expensive purchases.
I'm worried that the girls will either think I've spent above my means just to fit in, because I never normally spend much let alone so impulsively, or that I'm an idiot who has spent a lot on shitty items. I don't know why I care but it's making me want to keep my purchases a secret when I should be excited to join in with the haul chats.

>> No.8040924

>Volunteering at outpatient facility for hours to put on my application for nursing school
>Have little to no experience with patients, reasonably not expected to interact with patients for safety and legality yada yada and only allowed to observe
>Saw boyfriend off early this morning after his 10-day leave and occasionally checked phone anxiously awaiting texts from him telling me he's made it back to his base safe and sound
>anxiously fiddle and play with some discarded therapeutic putty while observing therapy
>try to make small talk with occupational therapist and OT students I was placed with or try to participate in their conversations to ease myself into the workplace
>feel really awkward and useless because I can't do anything and feel bad about asking therapist to explain her work a little because she has to focus on teaching the OT students and filling out patient files
>try my best to jot down notes on what I observe and understand, look up commonly used terms on phone so I don't have to ask dumb questions
>mfw owner-lady told me I'm no longer allowed to work with that OT because I was a distraction to the students and was generally too distracted/unprofessional, checking phone and playing with putty

I guess I deserved that cause it's not untrue but it's also kind of hard to be productive when I don't have the training to actually DO anything, and I understand I'm not a priority to be trained on the spot, but damn if it doesn't still suck... I'm torn between not showing up tomorrow out of complete mortification and my sense of utter failure, or taking this experience as motivation to be more proactive and involved with the physical therapists (who do seem more laid-back, so maybe they'll let me be more hands-on within limits) and dispel any doubts the owner may have of letting me volunteer at her facility. I know I should go for the latter but I just wish I stayed in the back room organizing and destroying old files with a jacked up shredder.

>> No.8040927

I just broke up with my boyfriend because I'd rather play with my manly anime figures all day and cuddle with my cats. Not sure if I'm content with my life or just even more depressed than I originally thought. It's a weird feeling.

>> No.8040989

>>8040924
I'll be cheering for you when you make the right choice and go in tomorrow.
Just keep your head down, all of that stuff was just a misunderstanding and bad luck, you'll be better equipped to deal with these situations once you pick up more and have more hours under your belt.
Do apologise about yesterday, eat your humble pie, but maybe a month or so own the line you could reference to how when you started you 'were trying to hard to pick up all the lingo quickly that you were constantly checking it all on your phone'. Not now though, or you'll look whiney.
Good luck, keep it up!

>>8040927
Stay busy. You probably are happier doing the things you love, but make sure to get out of the house every day for the next while and talk to friends/family so that you don't go full hikki and end up hating these precious things. Enjoy your comforts often, but don't live in a lonely, gilded cage.

>> No.8041010

>>8040924
>checking phone at work while not in the bathroom
>playing with equipment

Girl no.

>> No.8041022

>>8040989
Thanks anon, it's nice hearing some advice for this. Honestly it's a little overwhelming being put right in the action with the patients and therapists and yet being unable to do anything being only a volunteer with no training. Hopefully I do better over time and it will put me back into the good graces of anyone who may have been annoyed with me because of it. The owner has been really kind towards me and I don't want to mess that up because it's hard finding volunteer opportunities in healthcare.

>> No.8041063

>>8041010
Yep, one of the other therapists told me to check my phone in the bathroom to stay out of trouble, and was understanding of the situation so she was helpful about it. As for fiddling with the bit of putty, I shouldn't have even if it was discarded (too soft, excess) and replaced. That was pure stupidity on my part. Next time I should bring some thing of my own like a coin or something discreet to fiddle with when I start getting anxious or want something to do with my hands when there isn't much for me to do. I'm honestly more used to a different work environment of working on a computer knowing exactly what I'm doing and constantly going back and forth between the file cabinet, my desk, and the printer, so I'm not getting jittery with a need to keep my hands occupied since I'm, well, working and not watching others work.

>> No.8041073

IW just won't answer me! I've send them a lot of messages, I'm desperate! If there was something wrong with my order they would tell me right? What shoul I do?

>> No.8041077

>>8041073
What's wrong that's making you so worry? They're very slow to respond to orders and messages these days, you'll just have to be patient, I believe they're pretty short-staffed.

>> No.8041079

>>8041073
Stop messaging them.

>> No.8041081

>>8041077
worried*, even

>> No.8041212
File: 479 KB, 320x175, goddamnittttt.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>supposed to start light therapy today for my sleeping disorder
>woo
>ended up oversleeping; 15 hours instead of 11
>mfw i wake up at 5pm

I just have no idea how the hell I'm supposed to do this damn sleep/light therapy when I can't fucking wake up. I can't wake up to alarms or people or anything- it's the reason I had to come home from university- and now that I live with my mom, I feel so bad that she has to interrupt her day to deal with my sleeping bullshit. I mean- fuck- until I get my sleeping schedule worked out with this damn light therapy, I'm basically just floundering around. After I get on a schedule I can finally have my sleep study- but it feels like it's going to be forever until then.

On a /cgl/ note. I made mucho eBay bucks. Time to mbok.

>> No.8041280

>Saw girl in slightly OTT sweet coord in the halls of my college today wearing full AP
>Too huge cupcake petti, no wig, no makeup, good colors though
>All my wut
>She looks really uncomfortable at all the stares she's getting

Did this seem like a good idea to her while she was getting dressed in the morning or something? I mean, I understand wearing toned down lolita to classes but not 300$ dresses.

>> No.8041340

>>8038227
dead language anon from a while ago
>applying for several unis
>four different entrance exams/interviews for seven degrees
>all entail an english language test
>not just any test
>business english test
>already did one of those last year, read every word with the struggles of a woman in labour
>vocabulary still millie-tier
>my palms are sweaty
>knees weak, arms are heavy
>ma's spaghetti
I have a few months before the exam, is there something I can do to git gud? I'm thinking of thumbing through those Proficiency books meant for CPE examinees, would those suffice or do I need something more specific?

>> No.8041350
File: 21 KB, 604x271, .jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>last night
>get home about an hour before the IW sale starts
>"oh, I'll go hang out with brother while he plays video games to pass the time"
>BIG MISTAKE. I doze off.
>wake up
>it's an hour after the sale began
>rush over to the computer
>the JSK I wanted is gone in both styles and lengths I wanted

It's my fault but GOD FUCKING DAMN IT.

>> No.8041372

>>8040888
This. Saw this happen to my ex while dating him. I told him when we first started dating, and both he and his mom protested. Within three years, he gained 40+lbs. He managed to lose 10lbs at the end of the relationship. Saw him recently, and he's still chubby.

>> No.8041386

>Don't know what to cosplay
>Wants to cosplay too many things
There is no in between, is there?

>> No.8041454

>tfw about to buy a cosplay
>first real cosplay, kind of excited
>now maybe people will talk to me and I can make friends
>red light violation because I pulled out on a red left turn arrow on accident
>250$
>no money for cosplay anymore
>dissapointment

>> No.8041906

>>8040106
god sauce pls

>> No.8041913

>>8040909
They probably won't care. I'm sure they have better things to gossip about than how anon got a pretty dress.

It was just Christmas... P sure everyone expects new hauls

>> No.8041921

>>8041386
Cherry pick about 3 good ideas for both halves of the year. So that's 6, if you have more leftover save it for next year and repeat

>> No.8041923
File: 100 KB, 500x375, 238748932.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I need to go to the doctors but, my anxiety has gotten so bad I feel like I can't leave the house. I can't even talk to my family without feeling anxious.
God, besides anxiety I feel completely numb emotionally. I get bursts of frustration at people. I don't want to do anything ever. My whole day is this

>wake up
>take a bath (which makes me feel sick anyways)
>maybe eat
>lay down almost all day half watching tv (not really paying attention and space out) or maybe browse 4chan/lolcow very briefly.
>get dinner
>attempt to sleep, usually takes a few hours

Sometimes throw in maybe staring at a wall for a hour or looking outside a window.

>> No.8042133

>>8041923
Maybe you could call to some helpline? That could be your first step towards help and you don't have to leave the house just yet. Hope you'll get better, Anon!

>> No.8042139

> Have pretty and girly body, small waist, big boobs, etc
> ...also have a boyish 3/10 face
> Look like a drag queen when cosplaying girls and your figure looks stupid when crossplaying
> hopeless

>> No.8042159

>made family cosplay for myself, my dad and my brother
>Theirs look awesome
>Somehow, everything in the world went wrong with mine
>don't want to do it anymore
>hate this cosplay
>not much time to make new before Ohayocon
>if I do, the group will hardly make senses

>> No.8042198

>>8042133
Not that anon, but I also have anxiety and anything involving phones sends my anxiety into overdrive to the point of having heart palpitations, sweaty hands, a cracked voice, and/or a lump in my throat.

>> No.8042200

>>8041923
I'm sorry but you really need to get some gentle exercise done.
Doing nothing all day makes you a lot worse over time.
Good luck.

>> No.8042204

>>8041923
If you get lazy to call a helpline, put a paper in the wall and write down a schedule when you have to call. Then, follow it.

Go to a psychologist. Doing it was the best decision I have ever done in my life.

I used to get shit depressed before (but I'm not real depressive person). Washing dishes or doing goal directed tasks (that require no intellectual effort, just manual or motor) can help to stop your stream of thoughts. Try meditation, or focus in the present moment. don't allow yourself to think of the past or the future (for some moments, 5 min, maybe) and your brain will rest. Your head might even stop feeling numb.

My psychologist recommended me to give myself only 15 minutes a day to think of things that bother me (maybe write them down?), and after that do not allow me to do so. Just don't.
Is amazing how you can have cognitive changes in what bothers you. The next days, I started getting less annoyed, or thinking differently. Just be honest with yourself while you write. Get deep into yourself and look at your own monsters.

Also, you might need to write down in papers things you like/want to do, your good wishes, and the things you do like about yourself. your brain needs to see that everyday, in the wall. (your brain needs it!)
If you need antidepressives, take them, they do work, your brain needs the substance. Just think of yourself as a machine which needs something. Antidepressives can make you feel like shit, but is while your brain adapts to them.

>> No.8042209

>>8042198
What about chats or sending emails?
I had axiety to call services/schools/banks or whatever, but then I just started solving my stuff my email.
there must be an email in one of those helplines

>> No.8042211
File: 651 KB, 1075x1346, 098764367890.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Good feel
I'm finally 18, so my mom can't fight me when I'm finally getting bloodwork done for my thyroid. I've managed to stay a healthy weight, but it's extremely difficult. Even 800 calories a day can make me gain and it's starting to fuck with my head. I have no energy, ever. I've fallen asleep in classes so often and have to study twice as hard to keep A's in my classes. One of my professors came up to me one day and just told me to go back to my dorm and get some rest. It's been like this for years, and my doctors are afraid that at this point I might be sterile, and I've already developed a heart murmur. But my mom refused to get me the tests I needed to get medicated, or to find out what it REALLY is if it's not my thyroid. But I am 18 now. Have been for a while, but I'm finally home with my gp and driving distance from an endocrinologist.

>Bad feels
I had one of my favorite keychains on my desk (it's a "three-story" desk, if that makes any sense. So I have display areas) and while I was at school my mom decided to "clean" my room. Even though my room was already clean, since I tidied up before I left for school. She went through a lot of my shit, and I can't find some things... But what I'm most upset about? My keychain is gone. It was special to me because it came in a short clip version, and then a chain version. I couldn't find the chain version anywhere, until one day at a con I stumbled on a seller in the dealer room, and it was their last one. My friend got one shortly after, not knowing that I had one, and one day when we were out we noticed we both had it on our purses.
Basically I'm a shit weeb and the keychain version of my husband is gone. Cleaned my room again to try and find it, but with no luck. My husband will never return from war.

>> No.8042294

>shooting attack in my country yesterday
>20 min by subway from my place
>I'm restless and I feel like I'm gonna burst in tears anytime
>no one close enough to me to give me a hug
>that's all what I need. I'm scared, I'm tired, I'm confused, I just really need a hug
>rising of street violences since yesterday
>I don't want my country to fall apart, I love it and I'd die for it

sorry for non /cgl/-related

>> No.8042299

>>8042294
do you live in puerto rico?

>> No.8042301

>>8042299
No why ? Did they have a shooting too ?

>> No.8042318

>>8042301
Purto Rico has shootings every morning, every evening, every night, and then some inbetween.
Aslong as you're not in Puerto Rico, you're ok.

>> No.8042323

>>8042318
If I was used to it I wouldn't react like that I guess. Puerto Rico does not sound fun though, I guess my situation could be way worse.

>> No.8042335

>>8042299
>hasn't heard of the terrorist attack in france
>amerifats in charge of being informed

>> No.8042337

>>8042335
The terrorist attack in france wasn't by a subway, you stupid fuck.

>> No.8042339

>>8042337
They certainly meant it's was only 20 minutes away from their place using the subway as a transportation method.

>> No.8042342

>>8042339
oops
I apologize for getting buttmad

>> No.8042343

>>8042337
she never said it was you spanner
she said it was "20 minutes from her place (if you go) by subway"

>> No.8042396
File: 482 KB, 262x150, tumblr_m5uhrzONR11rn95k2o1_400.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8042294
sorry, french-gull. :(

if it comforts you at all, your country will recover from this, and probably come out even better than before. it's sad that it took such a thing, but maybe this will finally spark the immigration reform you guys so desperately need....

>> No.8042409

>>8042396
Seriously, the whole thing's getting ridiculous. My hometown has ten times less boat people and even we are getting slowly fed up, there's never been more crime. I'm getting kind of sick of our government going "shh shh it's okay it isn't bad we promise" while people are getting mugged, raped and killed by illegals just because of muh feelings.
When I was a little girl you could walk around my hometown alone at night as a child, now I'm an adult and I'm scared to go alone at night but whenever someone complains they get called racist and told it's not their fault and to think of the children. There's never women and children in those boats, just adult men. And Hollande should just kill himself and spare everyone the trouble.

>> No.8042477

>>8042133
Helpline? I only have heard of a suicide hotline.
>>8042200
I really do, I was very active in sports before my depression (though always shitty and weak). One big problem I've been having though is low blood sugar, it's gotten to a point luke warm showers and baths make me feel really sick. My mouth is always insanely dry, all food makes me feel sick so i lose appetite easily, and overall i just feel like shit 24/7. I need to go to the doctor, but I always have a fear everyone is going to think im a hypochondriac like always.
>>8042204
Can I ask what kind of hotline this is? Like I have said i have only heard of suicide hotline. I'm trying to work the courage to go back to my psych, I think changing me from the celexa that wasnt helping too much to trying to treat my ADHD with ritalin made all this happen. The psych I go to is one of those mental health places (for medicare) and he's,,, I don't know he makes me very nervous to talk to.
I'll try to try the chores thing, I got into a fight with my mom so I''m working on to fix that as i have to because shes going into surgery soon. I think I just let myself get stressed and anxious without the help of anti depressant. I mean, I'm a neet with really bad agoraphobia and both my parents are very ill. It's really hard not to think if I lose both my parents.
I was doing a lot better before I got on ritalin. I mean, yes, it helped my ADHD, but everything else got worse.
As for finding things I like/want, it is very hard, before a little bit last year I attempted suicide I changed a lot, instead of almost being a depressive maniac, I went completely numb, basically stopped talking to all my friends, I can handle talking to only one friend now. I really don't have a feeling of liking and wanting things. If I could get everything in the world I think all I could say was "cool"

>> No.8042482

>>8042477
**If I could get all the things in the world I wanted before all I could think was "cool", I probably wouldn't even get excited.

>> No.8042531

>>8041340
Hmm...a lot of my international friends that went on to do grad. school did vocab cards. Another went into biochem so he studied Greek roots and prefixes. They have workbooks for those online, too.

>> No.8042578
File: 1.32 MB, 200x153, 1402975190459.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Be 26 years old
>just getting into cosplay
>no one to really relate to since everyone's vastly younger than me
>none of my friends are into it
>try and talk with other people about it
>Either really stuck or or part of the "everyone gets a trophy" group
>Try and look up tutorials for male makeup
>none of it makes sense
>no one really willing to help me
>can't ask here because i know better
>Lust want to cosplay as kaito, len or gakupo and not rely on comedy cosplays

>> No.8042603

>>8042477
Sounds like it's partially the Ritalin. I'm on Dexedrine now but previously treated ADHD with Ritalin and later Concerta; neither worked very well for me. Bad heart-related symptoms, dry mouth, irritability, anxiety, low appetite, etc.; I had a lot of trouble handling external stressors while I was on those meds. You may want to explore other options for your own sake.

I think ADHD meds and anti-depressants can be paired as long as they're compatible. Something to look into. I hope you feel better, anon.

>> No.8042605

>>8042578
>can't ask here because i know better
Clearly not. Just post, that's what the help threads are for.

>> No.8042608

>get another note on something I posted on my Tumblr blog
>get excited because now I have 4 notes on one post
>it's the post with the most notes

>> No.8042634

Speaking of slob boyfriends..
>make dinner for bf and I
>eat really quick and go back to working on cosplay
>bf still eating so I assume he'll clean up afterwards, since I cooked and everything
>4 hours later I go grab a drink from the kitchen
>all the leftovers are still sitting there, not even lids on pots, chicken etc just sitting in room temperature
>leftovers were supposed to be my lunch for tomorrow but the food is probably all spoiled already
>bf defends himself by saying I didnt ask him to clean up
>motherfucker use some goddamn common sense once in a while are you fucking daft does everything have to be specifically requested for??

>> No.8042637
File: 70 KB, 400x400, 1412094077181.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>tfw after about 7 years being into lolita I finally caved in and bought 2 gorgeous classic lolita brand coats
>tfw there is no winter in my country this year
>it's even too fucking warm to wear winter boots or gloves

I was so hyped about my purchases but now I'm not even sure anymore if it was worth the money.

>> No.8042640

Not /cgl/ related, but at my work I am being interviewed by the internal investigation section due to one of my co-workers fucking up continuously and being a dickhead. I have to tell them what I knew about it, how I knew about it and what I did to stop it. So fucking angry that dickhead co-worker's ignoring what everyone was warning him about lands me in the hot seat. I think he has a narcissistic personality disorder because a normal person wouldn't continue to do something so fucking stupid after his co-workers called him out on it.

>> No.8042662

>wanted to redo my bedroom to be kawaii as shit
>moving in with boyfriend instead
>boyfriend does not want shared bedroom to be decked out in Bonbon Ribbon and Rilakkuma

I'm fighting really hard to have lavender walls, at least, but he wants gray.

>> No.8042664

>>8042662
Its his place , deal with it

>> No.8042668

>>8042664
It's not his place, it's our place. Sorry, I should've been clear, we don't have the house yet. Neither of us live there yet.

>> No.8042689

>>8042662
Reach a compromise. You should be able to have like one cutesy corner of the room for yourself

>> No.8042695

>>8042662
Is there a spare room in the house you can do up like that? My boyfriend and I each took a room for ourselves for our dumb hobbies when we bought our house together, and we keep the bedroom neutral.

>> No.8042699
File: 47 KB, 356x200, 200_s.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Really close to my two cousins, they're practically my brothers
>One of their girlfriends is a really good seamstress/cosplayer
>She's pretty much my cosplay senpai
>I'm going to start working on my first complicated cosplay
>Have no idea where to start
>I feel bad bugging her with a bunch of questions about it

I'm really having trouble figuring out how to start but I'm too fucking shy to ask her anything because I know I'll just bombard her with a bunch of questions.

>> No.8042700

>>8042640
What did he do?

>> No.8042703

>want to get into cosplay
>completely fucking broke

>> No.8042715

>>8042605
whenever i ask anything on any other board, specifically /o/, i get shit on.

>> No.8042745

>get hit by a car on my way to school
>car just drives past without even asking if I'm okay
>obviously no broken bones or anything but still hurts
>friends at school just laugh and think it's funny
>get in trouble with school for being late because I was hit by a fucking car

And now because I feel weak and shitty I can't even work on the mountains of school assignments I still need to do. Sorry it's not /cgl/-related but I really needed to vent.

>> No.8042755

>>8042699
i totally get you. i have a lot of close friends who are way better seamstresses than me, but the most they can say is no! don't worry too much about it!

>> No.8042762

>finish fixing car
>ready to take it into inspection
>snows overnight
>dad says
>"no worries, it's meant for this kind of stuff"
>just go into 4 wheel and drive cautiously
>halfway to gas station
>behind someone in an SUV
>they suddenly slam on their brakes for no reason
>no seriously, no oncoming traffic
>no one behind me
>no lights for at least half a mile
>straight away
>broad daylight
>just slams on their brakes and skids a bit
>I have to slam on my breaks too, because despite keeping a good following distance, they stopped too fast for me to brake normally
>wind up sliding into ditch and fucking up front right control arm
>person stops
>sticks head out the window looking back at me
>It's a fucking soccer mom in shades on her cell phone
>sits back down and keeps on driving
>suddenly lots of traffic too
>let dad drive it back since he's used to this kind of stuff

I knew I shouldn't have listened to my dad, and instead waited for the streets to clear before getting it inspected.
Now I've gotta wait for the snow to melt and shit before I can even do anything under it again.
Driving in this area is fucking bullshit, I've been in like 3 accidents and a couple of situations like this and they've never been my fault.
No matter how good of a driver you are, you just can't help the other people on the road.
And the conditions were so terrible buses were getting stranded.
And to top it off, this area is so full of shit with its zero tolerance and rules, the bus drivers wouldn't even let their kids off the bus to relieve themselves.
For real, kids were forced to piss and shit in bottles and bags in my area on Tuesday.

>> No.8042768

>>8042640
Eugh, I know this feel. Had a guy at my work spend every single shift we had in the back office telling me not to bother him - he doesn't want to work for his money, that's fine, he irritates me anyway. The problem was that he'd constantly crawl out of his hearthstone-hole to fuck up whatever I was doing on the front desk when a customer came out.

He used to literally wait for me to start talking then come out and contradict me and make me look like an idiot. Usually he'd just say the exact opposite of what I was saying, even if his version wasn't true. If I tried to correct him or the customer, he'd wait until they went then start yelling at me to stop undermining his authority before going back to the office to play fucking Hearthstone.

Anyway one day a customer comes in late for their class, I tell them to go on up to it, he scuttles out and tells me I'm wrong and she has to stay. She misses her class, complains, and lo and behold when the boss asks asshole coworker what happened, it's somehow all MY fault.

Anyway I walked right out of that job. I'm not gonna stick around and have some lazy asshole yell at me and make me cry with impunity. I hope he's mad that he actually has to do his job now because he doesn't have a five foot nothing girl to yell at until she does it for him.

>> No.8042771

>>8038731
what the fuck why? what does she do with the money?

>> No.8042778

>>8038274
I do the same anon. I work in prop shops sometimes and other times at home but when I work at home I work all fucking day. Even into the night. Friends are like "just come hang out after work!" "take a couple hours off and we'll go get lunch!" no you don't understand I have to work until fucking midnight every night because that's just how my brain and motivation works, but they think I'm just being a hermit or making excuses to not hang out?? No one can wrap their mind around freelance I guess?

>> No.8042794

>>8042745
call the cops, file a charge against unknown but describe his car

>> No.8042802

>>8042715
because /o/ is a board for automobile enthusiasts. Enthusiasts always get butthurt when you ask something. /o/ is especially bad.

/cgl/ isn't a board for make-up enthusiasts, people just know how to do it and are happy to help you.

>> No.8042807

>>8042762
>Piss and shit in bottles and bags.
I've hard to do that once. Never again. Fuck that.

>> No.8042812

>>8042807
deets

>> No.8042866

>>8042812

>Drive out to San Fan with friends, a 3 mile trip
>Get snacks as always and proceed to enjoy them
>Hit Oakland, need to pee, hold it
>Hit a wall of traffic at the interstate split right before the toll plaza
>Backed up worse than your mother after Christmas dinner
>1 hour later reach tolls, fucking dying
>Friends make jokes about peeing off the edge of the bridge in the middle of traffic
>Hit another wall that is, again, backed up worse than your mother.
>Done
I was like, nope, not gonna make it, better relieve some of the pressure or I'll piss all over my concert clothes.
I'd never had to use a bottle, it stank, I ended up quietly weeping in the back of the car.
I'm just glad my friend had the forethought to suggest I lay a plastic bag on the seat to catch drips. As is, I still owe him an upholstery cleaning.
I don't even recall if other drivers say my escapade, I had like, zero humanity left, but I was raised up in my seat high enough that I'm sure some unlucky person saw. It was a very dark time. But it got better after that. Met a very perplexed bank office security guard that was godly enough to let a bunch of weirdos use the employee water closet, and I saw a great show.
I'll just eventually repress the memory, that'll solve problems.

>> No.8042877

>>8042762
SUVs are terrible vehicles for women to drive, especially if they're also the types who act irresponsible on the road. I remember when this happened and got posted on /n/
http://www.sunnewsnetwork.ca/sunnews/canada/archives/2014/04/20140425-110951.html

I don't really mind as much when people speed around in small cars, but that's because they're small and easier to maneuver. It's too bad everyone wants to think bigger is better.

>> No.8042919
File: 116 KB, 324x359, 1394208294425.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8042603
I was thinking it was the ritalin, but this has actually been a ongoing problem. Anxiety since I was 13 with on and off being a shut in. As for the health related stuff, it also has been before the meds. Plus I ran out of Ritalin almost a month ago because Ive been too anxious to go to my psych to get a refill.
Also my psych won't prescribe 2 different medications at once. Like I said it is a mental health facility for only medicare patients so they are more afraid of med abusers/sellers.
I'm thinking of getting a subscription of xanax from my normal doctor since the psych won't because of the problem stated before

Thank you though.

>> No.8042956
File: 78 KB, 960x640, tumblr_newl846GBO1qm8ta5o3_1280.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8042919
I think going to your doctor is probably a good idea. Maybe try talking about your ongoing issues if your doctor is someone you're more comfortable speaking to about your mental health. S/he could have some good suggestions for how to manage your anxiety.

Have a puppy.

>> No.8042966

>>8042877
But the soccer mom wasn't speeding, she just stopped because her screeching hellspawn slipped from his body holster to then shit on everything within reach.
This is what I am choosing to believe, because people like that deserve what comes to them.

>> No.8042997
File: 6 KB, 500x500, lavendergray.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8042662
>I'm fighting really hard to have lavender walls, at least, but he wants gray.
literally the easiest compromise to reach. pic related.

also, why don't you just get little cutesy accent pillows and stuff? that way it's not super girly, but still has touches of you...

>> No.8043010

>>8042139
are you me, sans girly body?
i just wanna cosplay a girl character for once, but i'm so scared

>> No.8043029

>>8042139
Easiest fix, just get good at makeup and contouring. I've seen makeup make some fucking miracles.

>> No.8043033

>>8042409
The men come in boats, but they work and send the money home to where ever it is they came from. It's a big economic problem as much as it is a social problem.

>> No.8043042

>>8038731
You know that's theft anon, right? If she does it again, threaten her with the police
>But my family wahhh
So fucking what she clearly doesn't give one solitary shit about you.

>> No.8043051

>>8038227
>tfw you plan your budget for the whole year and realize you can actually spend a shitton on lolita and cosplay for once
>tfw excited as hell
>tfw wanting to buy everything

>> No.8043056

>>8042211

eat more, and actually lift weights

no you wont get big and beefy and gross

>> No.8043068
File: 163 KB, 1600x1200, IMG-20110827-00012 (2).jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8042997
Different anon. I agree that a happy medium can easily be reached between lavender and gray, but that is more mauve or liver color. Maybe it has the benefit of being on a warmer spectrum then a cool/neutral violet, though.

Anyways, Sherwin Williams has a fair range of pale purple grays, anon. (pic related) Check out their website, and go get handfuls of color samples from every place you can. After all, they're freeeeee...

Seriously, don't compromise for a dull, man-approved bedroom in some boring color with a black/blue comforter and mismatched pillow cases. It will make you depressed. Obviously you can't go full on KAWAIIIII, but most guys won't give a shit if you make a room pretty as long you don't go overboard with 'girl stuff'. Good luck and god speed.

>> No.8043119

I've had a shit day, and I just spent the last of my pay check buying lolita to make myself feel better.

I'm gonna have to ban myself for a while to try and work on my emotional spending. Any tips for dealing with this?

>> No.8043152

>tfw a seller is a little rude to me in response to asking a question
>tfw feels bad man. i'm sorry??
>tfw reconsidering buying from them in the future but they have something i really want...

>> No.8043353

>>8042866
Oh you poor thing.
I remember hearing horror stories of similar experiences from my aunt.
Like being told to use a pie plate in the back of a shaky 60's car.

>> No.8043515

>buying indie dresses cant decide between L-XXL
>dont want to boob loaf but sad that all other measurements will be baggy

>> No.8043560

>>8038227
>tfw my major is hard
>tfw 89.8 but teacher gave me a B+ despite begging her
>tfw i worked so hard
>tfw 3.6 gpa even though i only took 4 classes
>tfw all i care about is grades and i cant even do well in school
>tfw dreams of graduate school are slowly getting crushed

>> No.8043699

>>8042997
I hate it, sorry to say. I don't think either of us would be happy with that color. Talk about cutting the baby in half. Small accents aren't a bad idea, but I was really hoping to deck it out in frills and plushies.

>>8042689
Not a bad idea, maybe we can do it half and half. We just need to agree on a wall color and bedding set.

>>8042695
Unfortunately, no. We'll have a housemate, and if there's any extra space, it will end up being a spare crafting room. Though maybe crafting rooms can be cute.

>> No.8043700

>>8043068
The Ash Violet is kind of nice. I'll drag him out to Home Depot with me when we land the place.

>> No.8043707

>>8043699
Paint it peppermint.
And have a lot of neon tron looking graffiti on solid black.
And then have another room be all frilly.

>> No.8043962

tfw everyone bails from the hotel room
3 days before a con
for like the fourth time in a year

Not doing this anymore. Time to find new friends.

>> No.8044036

>>8043962
I HATE that, man :( especially when it's a very expensive room!
this is why now i ask for payment at least three weeks before and only if they're absolutely certain they can come.
finding at least a close number of backup roommates is also a good idea in the event of drop-outs.

>> No.8044390

>>8043056
I would... If I had the energy. But don't worry, I plan on increasing my intake once the meds start kicking in, which can take between a month or two. At this point even being awake for 5 hours is a struggle. The reason I put it as good feels is that my weird af mother can no longer control when I go to the doctors and I'm finally getting medicated instead of struggling through.

>> No.8044508
File: 82 KB, 643x425, 1405642602093.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>at work
>browsing CC during a break
>at least five things I want and they're all cheap holy shit yes
>get home, get ready to put in my order
>everything I wanted is sold out

>>8042662
I'm so happy my boyfriend is into natural/woodsy style decor so at least I can slip in some nice mori/romantic/fairytale-esque wooden furniture and neutral colours. I'll never get my super gothy black velvet vampire boudoir but I can live with that, I think.
>dreading the day he insists on painting something his favourite colour
>which is lime fucking green

>> No.8044547

>>8038458
I know you mean well, but I hope you aren't in the habit of telling people this IRL. It's a common misconception that EVERY woman EVER will absolutely want kids eventually, no exception. Which is already shitty to hear when you're old enough to know what you want, but even shittier to hear when it's your doctor telling it to you. It's highly unusual to find a doctor who's willing to tie the tubs of a woman who's under 40 or doesn't already have three children; people who are 30 with a kid already will get refused whereas a guy can get a vasectomy the second he turns 21. The stereotype that all wimminfolk want babies actively prevents the exceptions from getting medical treatment.

>> No.8044556

>>8042762
Depending on your state, that may be illegal (slamming on your breaks without cause). Did you get the license number?

>> No.8044566

>>8044547
*Tubes, goddamnit.

>> No.8044751

>>8044556
Nah I didn't get the license number.
Where I live is so shit that immediately after traffic started to pile up.

>> No.8044820

>>8038274
>>8042778
I feel you gals. I'm a lyft/uber driver full time so I can set my own hours which apparently translates to "never" to everyone else. It's like no one respects your commitment to work when you can decide when you do.

>> No.8044945

I'll go a good five days of only having small breakfasts to a weekend of pigging out basically every week and it's really taking a toll on me. I feel guilty for eating too much on the weekend, and I feel proud of myself when I don't eat that much, but I wouldn't pin myself as anorexic when I'm so commonly bingeing every weekend, so I don't know if I'm even allowed to claim I have an ED and to look for help.
Feels bad man.

>> No.8045183

>>8044547
I only bring it up when people say things to the effect of "I'm 19 and I already know I never ever want kids, might aswell make myself infertile now" or something to the effect.
It's like people are so butthurt about the 'not having kids vs having kids' debate which is stupid that they forget about common sense on the subject and want to make a statement by making themselves infertile for no reason

>> No.8045221 [DELETED] 
File: 389 KB, 499x268, 1CoolCat.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>tfw want to and could expand lolita wardrobe and attend more meets and cons, now that I'm out of school and working
>bills comes first - two more months of rent, incoming student loans, et al.
>really want to travel some this year (mainly see someone special in Portland and see NHM before they stop touring)
>can't realistically and additionally budget for cons and fancy meetups
>tfw gonna miss out on brand tea party again

I'm glad to have my old job back and I'm surprised that I can get a good chunk of hours even though it's slow as fuck now, but I want to get a job at a conference center in town, so hopefully I can do want I want as a career and get paid better than I do now. I applied on Monday; I wonder if I should call tomorrow afternoon.

>> No.8045245
File: 389 KB, 499x268, 1CoolCat.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>tfw want to and could expand lolita wardrobe and attend more meets and cons, now that I'm out of school and working
>bills comes first - two more months of rent, incoming student loans, et al.
>really want to travel some this year (mainly see someone special in Portland and see NMH before they stop touring)
>can't realistically and additionally budget for cons and fancy meetups
>tfw gonna miss out on brand tea party again

I'm glad to have my old job back and I'm surprised that I can get a good chunk of hours even though it's slow as fuck now, but I want to get a job at a conference center in town, so hopefully I can do want I want as a career and get paid better than I do now. I applied on Monday; I wonder if I should call tomorrow afternoon.

On a separate note, met a co-worker who used to go to cons so it's nice having someone to weeb out a little with at work.

>> No.8045260

>>8044547
It's also a bigger deal for females though - not in terms of 'every woman must want children' but that it's harder to undo tying tubes than a vasectomy. It's a bigger procedure in the first place, and it's a bit more complicated for the woman to have kids if it can't be reversed. Sperm aspiration when a vasectomy can't be reversed is a darned sight easier than getting an egg out, fertilised, and implanted in the right place which is what would have to happen if tubal ligation couldn't be reversed.

>> No.8045279

>>8044945
You may not have a classifiable ED but you definitely have a dysfunctional relationship with food. I think it's reasonable to seek help for that, even if being dysfunctional about your food is sometimes normalised.

>> No.8045507

>Have $500 in extra money in the bank after putting a bunch more in my savings
>Part of me wants to save it all because shit is going down at my job and I may quit/be fired in the foreseeable future.
>Part of me really wants to just save some and buy some brand because that retail therapy
>and still another part wants to hoard some and buy a body for a loose BJD head I have, or maybe some new eyes. Again, retail therapy.
I'm going to end up being indecisive and saving it all because I can't make the decision or just spend it on little shit I should not be buying like Starbucks and then I will be fucking pissed.

>> No.8045544
File: 337 KB, 1000x1000, 1351540545410.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I just interviewed for a part time job at a local fabric store
>30% off everything in store
>Monthly sewing meets after the store closes where all the employees hang out and use the sewing machines (including the serger) and work on their sewing
>Every month you can (voluntarily) sew something to be displayed in the store. You are given $50 worth of fabric from the store (the only stipulation is it has to be something the store has a lot of) and you get to keep the item once it's been displayed for a month
>All sewing classes offered by the store are free for you to take

I hope I get this. The manager said she had a few more interviews this week but she'd contact me in a week and that she'd see me soon.
Fingers crossed.

>> No.8046178

>Senpai liked my wardrobe post
>Nameless Poem finally shipped out
>Had a successful job interview a few days ago

It's been a good week.

>> No.8046533
File: 103 KB, 375x750, 1375253888306.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>tfw you have a very good cosplayer friend
>she's been there for you so many times and you consider her an amazing friend
>she has self esteem issues and is insecure about cosplay even though she's made a name for herself and has 20+ photoshoots and 5k likes
>want to cosplay a character she has cosplayed
>don't want to potentially ruin friendship because cosplay
>mfw

>> No.8046808

tfw there are two feel threads and you don't wanna be the first to post in the new one but you have a lot to get off your chest

please, someone take the hit.

>> No.8046812

>>8046533
Why would that ruin your friendship? Lots of my friends cosplay things I cosplay. If you really like the costume, your friend should understand that you want to have a go at it yourself.

When people complain that their 'friends' are cosplaying the same thing as them, they're really complaining that they're doing it in a way that undermines their own effort - which you're not.

It sounds like your friend has been really good to you - I'm sure she won't mind at all that you happen to cosplay something she cosplayed once. Stop worrying, anon!

>> No.8046857

>>8046812

Thank you so much. You have really good points. I'm just worried she'll think I'm better than her and she'll stop cosplaying that character, because I think she's done it with other people and other characters. I don't wanna rain on her parade

>> No.8046886

>feel really fat
>pretty sure I've gained weight from being snowned in and general SAD
>talking to Mom in the morning
>"Anon, you're so handsome! Did you lose weight?"

>> No.8046919 [DELETED] 
File: 421 KB, 680x586, 7e1.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>be 20 yr old
>social anxiety
>never cosplayed before
>no friends into cosplay or weeby shit
>or friends for that matter
>figure I might as well cosplay now before I'm too old
>going to a small event alone
>have to take public transportation in white face
>alone
>walk around
>alone
>there's no activities and I don't know anyone

Fuck, you guys. I'm so scared. I wish I had friends to keep me company. I feel like a fucking idiot

>> No.8046926

>>8046919
Do you really need a friend that badly?'