[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 85 KB, 620x352, Anime-Central-logo.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
8095818 No.8095818 [Reply] [Original]

Last Anime Central thread died.

Where are you coming from?
Where are you staying?
What are you cosplaying?
What panels are you hitting?
How much are you drinking?

>> No.8097198

>Where are you coming from?
Saint Fuckin Louis, Misery
>Where are you staying?
Embassy Suite. Yay free happy hour
>What are you cosplaying?
Dunno yet. Hopefully Kanji from Persona, Garterbelt from Panty and Stocking
>What panels are you hitting?
Anything Touhou, music, visual novel and maybe Persona related (i hope that fandom isn't retatded in real life)
>How much are you drinking?
Unlimited Booze Works. Enough to tolerate autistic weeaboos

>> No.8098325

Someone in the last thread said they had a room they needed taken off their hands.

I bet that's no longer the case...but is it still the case?

>> No.8098336

>>8095818
Chicago sadly

>Where are you staying?
Embassy Suite. Still looking for roommates.

It depends on what happens but I want to cosplay as Masayoshi from Samurai Flamenco and Nagisa special outfit from Ass Class. If I can't do that I'm going to go as Sasaki Haise from Tokyo Ghoul:Re, Maccha Green (or Matcha) from The Rolling Girls, and Mc-kun from Pokemon XY. MAYBE Ken from Persona 4 Ultimax.

Don't know yet but I'm doing three myself and hope they don't fail. I need help with one (Tokyo Ghoul,) but so far no dice.

I don't drink due to personal and health reasons.

>> No.8098361

>>8098336

>Chicago sadly

Shush, you. I'm a lifelong Chicagoan and there is nothing sad about living in our fair city. Nothing. Not the Bears, not the Cubs, not the dearth of voice acting opportunities, not the brotowns of the north side or the shooting galleries of the south side, not the...

...our pizza's great, though, no matter what NYC says.

>Embassy Suite. Still looking for roommates.

Have you roomed with people you met online before? Was it anything other than weird and uncomfortable?

>I'm doing three myself and hope they don't fail.

Holy balls! You're a braver person than I am, I can barely get by doing 1 2-hour panel.

>> No.8098622

>>8098361
>Have you roomed with people you met online before? Was it anything other than weird and uncomfortable?

Girl I roomed up one year almost didn't make it due to personal problems and I lost her information. She doesn't go to Acen forums either. Also I've changed accounts since then since my other one was perm banned due to telling someone who was overweight to have sex to lose weight kek.

The other people I couldn't room up with because I was ill but apparently the girl stiffed someone out of the hotel money at the last minute and was a horrible roommate.

So far I can't find anyone to share this hotel room with me but if it push comes to shove I'll just solo it. I have enough to pay for it all with my credit card and I'm saving money right now.

>Holy balls! You're a braver person than I am, I can barely get by doing 1 2-hour panel.

I'm helping a person with one, one I'm doing solo unless I find a partner who is into Tokyo Ghoul, and the other is a fanfiction panel. First timer here but I spoke in front of people before so I hope it goes well.

Most people don't want to do a panel because they are scared too anon but it's not a big deal with me.

>> No.8098837

>>8095818
Chicago.

>Where are you staying?
Aloft. If I can afford it. So far my balance for Acen is $0. I would just friend hop and sleep in someone's closet but I want to do multiple cosplays. Wouldn't be a problem if I only came with the clothes on my back.

Quiet (MGSV), Eva (MGS3), Deciding between Lana (Archer) or Tifa (FF7)

No idea. Maybe a hentai panel.

Possibly nothing. I'm a lightweight and don't want to oversleep or deal with a hangover.

>> No.8098879

>Where you coming from
Chicago
>Where are you staying
Hyatt master race
>What are you cosplaying
Oshino Meme (monogatari) as usual and I'll probably do Ayumu (Kore wa zombie) as well
>What panels are you hitting
lol panels
>how much are you drinking?
hopefully as much, if not more, than last year. Hardly remember getting back to the Embassy from the Hyatt but man did I have fun. Sure the hangover on Saturday sucked but it was totally worth it.

>> No.8098981

The 'burbs

>Where are you staying?
Da Hyatt

Lady Jaguara from Wolf's Rain

I have no idea. The last two years I didn't go to any panels because my sister didn't want to. Last panel I went to was a hentai one and it was hilarious.

Not as much as I used to. Once you hit your mid-twenties your tolerance for that shit plummets. I'll probably bring a bottle of Fireball and I'm set for the con.

>> No.8101802

>>8098361
>our pizza's great, though, no matter what NYC says.

This is fact. Giordano's though, I love the sauce-on-top approach.

I'm going to spend all of ACEN wasted and eating pizza. Anime Midwest is the only con in Chicago that actually has shit to do.

>> No.8102040

>>8101802

I prefer Lou's or Pequod's, but Giordano's will do in a pinch.

I plan on hitting some panels, MAYBE buying some stuff in the DH, mainly gawking and reliving my wasted youth.

>Anime Midwest

Huh. Is that the one they inexplicably did over 4th of July weekend last year? What's it got that ACen hasn't got?

>>8098622

>First timer here but I spoke in front of people before so I hope it goes well.

That's really all you need, confidence in front of strangers and comfort with your material.

>>8098981

>Last panel I went to was a hentai one and it was hilarious.

It wasn't Hentarmageddon, was it?

>> No.8102222

>>8102040
I can't remember since I was very intoxicated

>> No.8103022

>>8102040
>What's it got that ACen hasn't got?

Way better organization. There are more guests, more concerts, and just more general crap to do (oh, it might make a difference that since it's a little smaller you can actually get INTO these events without waiting in a 2 hour line, that might be a big part of why it feels like there's way more to do).

>> No.8103037

>>8103022
I actually did nothing last Acen but talk to people. Medical problems are a surprisingly good ice breaker. Not sure what I'll do this year. I would like to go to Midwest but Acen kind of drains my wallet.

>> No.8103038

About 25 minutes away from the con center.

>Where are you staying?
The doubletree. I have a small group and it's the most reasonably priced hotel within walking distance
So far Kongou from Arpeggio, Rise from Persona dancing all night, maybe bringing back Compa or a few other costumes.

The last panel I was in was a friend's hentai panel in 2013 and that wasn't really so great. Maybe I'll try to get into Oregon Trail if I'm not too busy drinking with friends

Enough to have a good time, not enough to be in the 25th ambulance on Friday night.

>> No.8103071

>>8103038
>25th ambulance on Friday night.
>decide to go early on Thursday
>attend party
>people in the hospital for injuries
>people passed out drunk in the hallways
>police at the hyatt
>massive amounts of vomiting

>> No.8103114

>>8102040
>What's it got that ACen hasn't got?
Lolitas

>> No.8103377

My friend and I have been talking about going this year since every year we go to ASTL. Problem is most of the good hotels have already been booked and it would be the farthest we've traveled to a con.

>> No.8103381

>>8103377
Aloft is nice. 10 minute walk away, with a shuttle if you feel like waiting, and you'd pay less for the birth year rate than the Acen rate. I think it's the last 2 digits of your birth year to replace your 2nd night. Or 2nd and third I don't remember. So if you were born in 1990, you show them your ID and they ring up that 2nd night as $90. First night is full price.

>> No.8103387

>>8103381
Aloft is full unless you want to wait until right before the con and try to grab a room someone dropped.

>> No.8103399

>>8103381
That actually sounds nice.

>>8103387
Damn. Any others?

>> No.8103689

City of Chicago
>Where are you staying?
My apartment in Chicago, catching the L to and from con
Sonico
I haven't decided yet
I haven't decided yet

I had to buy a badge to register for the Artist's Alley. I'm currently wait-listed and asspained about the whole situation. I was forced to purchase a badge just to be able to register for a damn AA table and the website went down during the scheduled sign up time. Anyway, If I don't make it out of the wait-list I don't even know if I'll attend all three days.

Any "older" Acen-ers interested in meeting up or someone with which to shoot the shit? I'm 28 btw. I look a little younger and am going to be cosplaying and hopefully donning Lolita for the first time.

>> No.8104167

>>8103399

There's always room at the Motel 6.

>> No.8104885

Aurora, IL
Where are you staying?
Aurora, IL
What are you cosplaying?
Not sure yet. Probably something WWE for Sunday.
I'd like to hit up to tokusatsu panels. Maybe some RT panels if there are any?
As much as I can. I'm not driving. Carpool ftw.

>> No.8105311

First-timer here, and I'm a little nervous since I'm going solo. I don't have many anime-loving friends, so I was hoping to make some this year. Were you veterans able to connect with people fairly easily at Acen? Do you keep in touch with them outside the con? Also, any advice about the con in general?

>> No.8105363

Kenosha Wi
Where are you staying?
Commuting
What are you cosplaying?
Not sure probably not i havent in a couple of years
DAMN RIGHT dem voice actors
None doing the driving for the group

>> No.8105724

>>8105311
Don't be a creep. Shower or something so you don't stink. Be prepared to be creeped out and have an escape plan in case you run into an unsavory bunch. "Oh I need to go to a photshoot (or) panel!" works best.

Everyone is nice. Best conversation starter is asking what they're cosplaying or how they made it. If they brush you off just move on. There's thousands of others. If they're not in cosplay, just say it's your first year and ask them about the con.

But seriously brush your teeth. No one wants to smell booty when you open your mouth.

>> No.8105739

Forgot to mention, I do get nervous when asking for contact information since not everyone will be quick to give you their number. Facebook is the safest way to go.

Honestly, everyone has a hidden trait that's a major turn off that you'll find out about sooner or later, so it's best to make as many friends as possible so when you drop them, or they drop you, you'll have back up.

>> No.8105760

Kansas City
>Where are you staying?
Potentially with girlfriend, or if more people decide to tag along we might pop for a room somewhere.
I'll be going as Space Dandy, and my grilfriend is going as meow.
Dunno, whatever is exciting.
Enough to have fun.

>> No.8105771
File: 425 KB, 648x783, shitcongo.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8098361
>I'm a lifelong Chicagoan and there is nothing sad about living in our fair city.

Also New York style pizza is more fun to eat, but from the tone of your post I think you already realized that. Stockholm syndrome is treatable you know, you can live somewhere and admit that it's one of the worst major cities to live in in America.

>> No.8105781
File: 59 KB, 600x450, lying on the internet.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8105771
I like it for the drama and horrible things. The only problem is that when I tell people about living here, they assume I'm some suburban kid who listens to rap and wished they lived in a gang movie.

It's annoying.

>> No.8105928

>>8105311
>I don't have many anime-loving friends, so I was hoping to make some this year.

Word of advice kid: No new friends. Day one niggas only.

>Were you veterans able to connect with people fairly easily at Acen?

Very easily. Dicking around on the ACEN FB groups made it easy. I would love to give you links to the groups but 4chan filters make it impossible to do so because they think it's spam.

>Do you keep in touch with them outside the con?

I do. Usually if they're cool at the convention or don't seem like stupid weeaboos who can not handle jokes, I add them on Facebook and we chat. Sadly I can't do meeet ups with them offline given I'm from St. Louis and most of these niggas are from Chicago.

>Also, any advice about the con in general?

>> No.8105986

>>8103399
Try the Acen forums to see if anyone has a dropped room or roommate options.

>> No.8105992

>>8105311
>Shower often
>Eat regularly. Don't live off of drinks/ramen/pocky
>Sleep regularly. No three days up shit
>Normal grooming habits
>No glomping, etc.
>Don't do anything you wouldn't do in public
>Ask for pictures
>Don't be that one guy at the game room who stays there all three nights and is a jerk off by holding the machine to themselves.
>Have fun

>> No.8106016

>>8105992
>No three days up shit
I managed being awake 45 hours and turned out fine. Con high kept me awake pretty well. Plus the 10min walk in 50 degree weather also prevented sleep. I hope the weather is nicer this year.

>Don't be that one guy at the game room
Did this actually happen? Everyone seemed nice enough when taking turns on DDR, that one Para Para game, and everything else I saw.

>> No.8106025

>>8106016
>Implying that everyone has the same metabolism and sleep patterns as you.

Anon pls. I stayed up 45 hours too but slept all day. The point is you're not suppose to normally do that and it wreaks your body in the future. Also you apparently never heard of the guy who stayed up all three days and ended up in the hospital because of lack of sleep/booze/no food.

>Did this actually happen?

It happens every year depending on the game. One year was a stop having fun guy on Melty Blood. Another year there was a guy on Naruto who kept playing against people P1, boding them, and refused to give up the seat because everyone was a noob but him. Another year was Arcane Hearts. Since 2009 or so there's always been that one douchebag in the game room who does things like that. Nobody likes that one guy.

Also I'm guessing you're new and never heard of the time that Acen closed down the game room because it stank due to people being there all three days.

>> No.8106036

>>8106025
Last year was my 2nd. But I believe you. I don't really hang around the game rooms since I prefer to watch until bored and I can't bring myself to ask to play.

>> No.8106051

>>8106036
You should play. It's not that bad but like locals you will always find that one asshole. I've been going to Acen off and on for years when they used to ID people at the rave (and it didn't wrap around the block.) I didn't go the last two years due to two raves and a lack of interest but I'm going this year. I might participate in the Guilty Gear Xrd tourny too but it depends.

Yeah I think back in 2010 or 11 there was a guy passed out in the hamster tunnel and the paramedics there with a trail of....something I will not mention. It wasn't the year of the fire so I'm not sure of the year. My friend/roommate told me it was because he drank too much and stayed up all three days. I also had a friend whom stayed up all three days, passed out in the bathroom in the suite, and refused to clean up the bathroom.

>> No.8106840

>>8105724
>Everyone is nice.

I disagree. Everyone at ACen is pretty elitist and snobby. That's why I only go to the smaller cons like Anime Midwest or Anime Milwaukee now.

>> No.8106852

>>8106840
I have yet to encounter that. Everyone's been friendly to me.

>> No.8108574

"Chicago" aka the suburbs outside Chicago
>Where are you staying?
Hyatt cause things happen there
A 2hu. Need to fix another cosplay and may do another.
Oregon. Motherfucking. Trail. Oh and some others when the list is out in a few months
Don't drink cause medical issues.

>> No.8108586

>>8106840
If people are shitty to you it's probably because you're an ass.

>> No.8109056

So Babymetal is gonna be in town the Thursday before ACEN, talk about a great weekend.

>> No.8109183

>>8105771

On the other hand, we keep our trash in alley bins and not in piles on the sidewalk, and I can get a studio for less than $2000 a month, and New York pizza sucks shit, and our public transit system isn't a confusing mishmash, and we've got better jazz, and I can get a pint of good beer for less than 8 bucks.

New York can go fuck itself. Good place to visit, take in a show, share a joint on a fire escape, then get the hell out before they try to charge you for anything.

>> No.8109277

They started carding again for the rave, FYI for anyone who didn't go last year. Didn't bother me much, I don't care for the rave. It was great the first time I went (this will be my 3rd) but now it just lacks energy IMO.

>> No.8109309

>>8106840
>Everyone is elitist and snobby

Are you sure you're not like that anon because I'm never elitist or snobby. People usually don't approach me because I'm an introvert.

>> No.8109313

>>8109277

Good. Maybe that'll cut down on the shitfaced 17-year-olds pulling in ambulances.

>> No.8109316

>>8109309
Not sure how anyone can even be an elitist at an anime convention of all places. Maybe a group of cosplayers that think they're absolutely the best (going off assumptions here) but that's about it.

>> No.8109321

>>8109316
Me neither. I know single cosplayers from lurking here who are elitists but a whole anime convention in general?

I usually talk to people or be friendly if possible but people consider me a snob because I'm not extrovert I guess. (I'm not really sure why I give that impression. Maybe it's because I'm a really tall girl? Idk.)

>> No.8109328

Chicago
>Where are you staying?
Dunno yet. Waiting for one of the main hotels to have a room available like I do every year.
Nothing so far. Saving money for the hotel room.
Oregon Trail after dark, 100%.

>drinking
>at ACEN

How retarded can someone be?

>> No.8109334

>>8109313
Oh yeah it was hilarious the day they announced it. The line was wrapping around the building and all of a sudden you have these little kids (some even with their parents) throwing tard-fits because they won't let them in. Needless to say I was in the the far, FAR back of the line and I got in within 15-30mins of that being announced. Glorious.

>> No.8109378

>>8109328

>drinking
>at ACEN
>retarded

>drinking
>anywhere other than an AA meeting
>retarded

There are few social situations not improved by having a pint with your fellows, chum.

>>8109334

pffftthahahahahahahahaha

Man, wish I could've seen that. At this rate my usually-raging rave hatred will dim down to a mild, friendly glow.

>> No.8109776

>>8109334
And now no more 18 and under kids allowed in after midnight. They changed it this year. Probably because of 15 year olds on molly mixing it with booze then not drinking any water.

>> No.8110003

>>8109334
I skipped out on the rave because it was cold, I was half naked, and was not going to catch a fever to add on to my existing medical problems that weekend. Wish I'd have known.

>> No.8110359

I'm probably skipping on the rave this year. Last years was just so.. Meh.. Lacks a lot for energy I look for at events where people wear nipple pasties and fuzzy boots.

>> No.8110361

What's a good way to prevent a cold or the flu or whatever at Acen? I'm paranoid as fuck because it's the Windy city and my health hasn't been that good lately. The last few years I've been awesome but I'm getting old.

>> No.8110414

Will there be a lolita guest this year? Does that mean that the general lolita presence will be siphoned off to Anime Midwest then? (finally, next year it won't be during July 4th weekend)

>> No.8110458

>>8110361
GF took Airborne, it's a pill/supplement that helps your immune system. You can find it any Walgreen's/CVS/Walmart. Drink lots of water, and just eat healthy in general. None of that McDonalds/fast food crap.

>> No.8110471

Where are your favorite places to eat? I know some people like stopping at Mitsuwa, but what are some nice closer places (doesn't have to be Asian food)?

>> No.8111426

>>8110471

There's not a lot of great, unique places close to the con (it's surrounded by airport and shopping malls, after all), but I always recommend visitors stop by Giordano's on their way outta town.

Other than that...hmmm. It's scary, but after 15 years of attendance I still can't really especially recommend any place near the con. It's all just chain food and I mostly end up eating at the hotel all weekend.

>> No.8111433

>>8110361

Get lots of sleep. Stay hydrated. Stay warm. And wash your hands.

I dunno about anything else. Supplements always struck me as quackery.

>>8110359

Maybe it's just my nerdlinger history showing but I'm really not sure what anybody sees in the rave. It puts me back in grade school dances--look at all these people cooler than you, dancing. They know how to dance, you don't because you watch too many cartoons. Your feet hurt. Etc

>> No.8111513

Hentarmageddon 5 is officially approved. Fuck yeah.

>> No.8111841

>>8111513
It's Hentarmageddon, I've got my kigu on backwards and it's time to fucking party.

>> No.8111849

>>8110458
>>8110471

I'll take your advice. I never got sick at Acen or after but I'm pushing 30 and I'm not as young as I used to be heh

>>8111433
>Chinatown for Takoyaki downtown
>Gio's east is better than Giordano's imo
>Pocket's on Michigan ave.
>Ihop near the con
>Denny's

There's also Mcdonalds but......yeah.

>> No.8111856

One of the Chicago suburbs

>Where are you staying?
Doubletree. Still need to look for roomies...

Probably just costumes I threw together. Not from anything specific, really.

Not sure yet. Not really much of a panel guy

Enough to tolerate the autism

>> No.8112493

>>8111841

>kigu on backwards

h-how do you see

>> No.8112502

>>8111849

dude, I was talking about places within easy distance of the con. If we can go all the way to Chinatown or Michigan Ave, then there's tons of places to go. Big Star or Kokopelli for tacos, I honestly prefer Lou's or Pequod's for deep dish, Izakaya Mita for okonomiyaki, binchotan snacks, ramen, and sake...

>> No.8113743
File: 207 KB, 379x480, OH FUCK.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>zero rooms available within 2 miles
>stuck in a 2-queen bed at the Four Points by Sheraton
>usual roommates got room at Hyatt already so I don't even know who I'll split the bill with

I've never failed this hard before. How many of you have stayed with strangers? Is it as terrible an idea as it seems?

>> No.8113761

>>8112502
>Easy distance.

lol that's easy distance to me but I live in Chicago.

If you mean at the con no there isn't outside of that one hotdog stand, the court food thingie inside of the convention center, that one pizza place and Mcdonalds. Everything else you need a car, i.e. IHOP, Steak and Shake, and Denny's. I'm not sure this year but to my knowledge they haven't built anything new in the major area.

>> No.8113772

>>8113761

Well, there's the Hofbrauhaus, Toby Keith's, greek shit, Mexican shit, and that bowling bar around .7 mi away, but like I said, chain food...

...fuck, I miss being able to drive. No sense in wasting con time on the CTA just to get a good meal.

>> No.8113775

>>8113743
Strangers is give or take. Did you try the forums? They have a ton of rooms available and people looking for rooms.

>Hell I'm still looking for roommates.

>> No.8113797

>>8113761
You don't need a car for that outlet mall that they built a couple years back, which has a food court in it. More chain food but I remember they had a place that had some good healthy options (Freshy or something, I got a quinoa/kale/salmon thing there last year).

>> No.8113801

>>8113772
>Bowling bar.

Lmao I forgot about that anon. Thanks for reminding me. I was trying to think of 'semi average quality food," and couldn't think of any in the Rosemount area.

I'll keep on lurking around and see if I can find some places using Yelp or Google.

>> No.8113934

>>8113775

I poked around a bit...contacted one guy who's got a spare Hyatt room, might contact another who's got a couple spots in a VIP suite. Still...strangers.

>> No.8114019

>>8113934
>Strangers.

Come on anon. If you want ask for their facebook or pm them about more information.

I mean did you know your friends since birth? They were strangers right? Unless you room up with pedo Vic 2.0 guy there's nothing to be worried about. If push comes to shove just room up with me.

>Damn now I sound like a creep.

>> No.8114293

>>8114019

It's not like I'm worried about getting raped or something. I'm a broad-shouldered heavyset Irishish guy. But I worry about awkwardness and lameness, both enduring and inflicting it--what if I ruin somebody's con? What if I wanna drink and chat and party TOO much and annoy the shit out of them, or too little and then I'm the lame guy in the corner with earplugs?

I'm SERIOUSLY overthinking this, aren't I.

>> No.8114311

>>8114293
>wakes up Sunday morning with hickies all over supple, Irish, broad-shoulders.

This is the most likely result.

>> No.8115176

>>8114293
The important thing is just to enjoy yourself. I have to room with 5+ people this year, and no matter what happens I'm not going to have someone else ruin my time there.
If your that worried about other people's experience then just be mindful, and tell them to honest with you and they should expect the same from you. No one likes an awkward turtle.

>> No.8115210

Holy shit, they already sent out a rough draft panel schedule...did El Ken get fired?

>> No.8115243

>>8114293
>I'm SERIOUSLY overthinking this, aren't I.
yes, yes you are.
damn niggah calm down

>> No.8115355

>>8115210
pretty sure he's not on staff anymore, anon.

>> No.8115376

Shit does anyone want to co host a panel with me? I'll give them $50 to help me out with one. It's on a Saturday in the afternoon from what the rough panel scheduled says.

I'm having shit luck on the forums. No one wants to do it but everyone wants to see it because they are too 'scared' to talk in front of people (it won't be a lot considering.) It sucks because I want to give away prizes too. Not candy but actual phone charms.

>> No.8115379

>>8115376
*schedule not scheduled
*Not candy but phone charms and rare stuff that you get from animate/amiami/etc.

>> No.8115400

>>8115376
whats the panel about

>> No.8115447
File: 73 KB, 300x240, tg.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8115400
Tokyo ghoul. I'm going to basically talk about the anime and the manga and do a Q and A contest with prizes at the end. But I need someone to help me out with basic discussion so I don't get overwhelmed. I would ask my friends but well we broke off in bad terms and none of them watch or know what Tokyo Ghoul is. They are more or less into Attack on Titan and Noctis.

>> No.8115526

>>8115376

I'd help if I wasn't a) already running Hentarmageddon and b) completely clueless about Tokyo Ghoul.

Sorry, anon. :( Have you tried in any of the facebook groups?

>> No.8115548

>>8115355

Well, shit, I almost feel sad. Like we put down old forum yeller or something.

>> No.8115556 [DELETED] 

>>8115355

That actually makes me kinda...sad. Like we put down Old Yeller.

>> No.8115579

GUESTS SO FAR:

>SCANDAL: Since their major debut in 2008, SCANDAL has skyrocketed to the tops of the Oricon charts and became the fastest girl band to ever perform at the Nippon Budokan since debuting. Some of their anime tie-ins include songs featured in “Bleach,” “Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood,” “Star Driver,” and “Pokemon,” among others. The SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2015 “HELLO WORLD” will take the girls through Japan, Europe, Asia, Mexico, and the United States, with Anime Central being one of their stops.

>A NEW WORLD: From AWR Music Productions, producers of the internationally acclaimed concert tour Distant Worlds: music from FINAL FANTASY, the return performance of A New World: intimate music from FINAL FANTASY! Concert tickets are free to Anime Central attendees and, for the first time, A New World welcomes FINAL FANTASY composer Naoshi Mizuta in attendence. With GRAMMY® Award-winning Music Director Arnie Roth, The New World Players and featuring brand new arrangements, don’t miss this extraordinary performance.

Aaaannnnnnd that's it. Hopefully we're not still waiting in April.

>> No.8115587
File: 121 KB, 1363x378, Screen Shot 2015-02-12 at 2.42.38 PM.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8115355
>>8115548

Oh, hey, he IS there!

...great.

>> No.8115752

>>8115447
I need to catch up on TG:re. I prefer to read/watch in bulk so I'll probably catch up within a month or 2. Acen is the death of me and my backlog since I'm hurrying to finish tons of series lest I get spoiled. But it's really time consuming to go through 50+ episodes of something all at once.

>>8115579
>SCANDAL
>decide I like that one Bleach op
>full version
>oh god my ears are bleeding
I know japs have high pitched voices but my earphones actually hurt me.

>> No.8115919

>>8115526
I tried everywhere sadly. I'm trying here because I'm really desperate.

>> No.8115923

>>8115752
I didn't see this reply.

>But it's really time consuming to go through 50+ episodes of something all at once.

I know right? I'm hoping to find someone who at least knows the basics and I can give them details or questions to answer if possible if they don't mind spoilers. The problem I'm having is trying to do a whole panel on a Saturday by myself.

>> No.8116223

>>8115587
oh god...no wonder we only have two guest announcements so far.

>> No.8117118

>>8116223

El K's already ass-covering.

>I wouldn't say that the delay in announcements is due to contractual obligations. It's more the way I like to go about securing guests. Bands and overseas guests take the longest to negotiate - sometimes beginning a year or more in advance. That is why those announcements tend to come out first: we've already been working on those since the previous year.

>After those are pretty buttoned down, I turn to the American industry to see what they think their release schedules will look like around the middle of May. Usually, they won't have a good idea of that till January, and production issues can always throw that off, too. If American companies are looking to promote something at ACen (via special events or dub premieres), then we reach out to North American talent to support that promotion (voice actors, ADR director, etc.). Since we normally cannot start vetting American guests until after the new year begins, that is why these announcements often come much closer to con.

>Cultural and educational guests (like Helen McCarthy and Dr. Snyder a few years ago) are just kind of who's available and who can work with the other guests we have coming in (like Crispin and Helen last year). If we have an idea, we pitch it to them to see if they want to do it.

>More specifically for 2015:
>Obviously, the headlining band is announced. We have a lot of different things working in Japan, but which of these come to fruition is only just now beginning to shape up. A lot of this comes down to timing of projects in Q2 since ACen is right in the middle of that.

>> No.8117121

>>8117118

>Once again, it often takes till Q4 or Q1 to know what will be going on 6 months later.
>December saw one American company reach out to us for cooperation. January saw two. So far, we are moving forward on two of these three and are reaching out to at least a couple more American companies to see what they may be looking for.
>We have our educational and cultural ideas figured out. One out of 3 are ready for a contract, one is in negotiation, and one is MIA, but we know that person will get back to us eventually.
>Finally, we have our own wish list for guests. After we have an idea of who we'll be bringing out to support industry, we can reach out to the others we want to fill what remaining slots (rooming, budget, requests) we have left.

>That's kind of the long and short of it. I could have a full guest list in a few weeks if I wanted to, but since we are one of the larger anime cons, we need to support the industry that comes here and brings us and our attendees premieres and special events. In order to do that, we need to work alongside their production schedules and needs.

>Lastly, we're still working to get that type of relationship with the Japanese industry. We're making headway, but it's been difficult breaking in to get to cooperation at that level.

>I hope that kind of answers your question...

>> No.8117130

>>8115447
I would totally help if I watched TG. I can probably speed watch it. I actually love talking in front of crowds

>> No.8117137

>>8117130
I'm still trying anon. It's been pretty hard finding someone at the last minute. Reminds me of the room rush. I'll still pay anyone who does help me with this.

Question: Should I give away anything else besides those phone charms?

>> No.8117142

>>8117137
I Think the phone charms are just fine. Most people do these for fun anyway

>> No.8117585

Anyone have any experience rooming at the Motel 6 nearby? Friend and I are trying to save some money on a room if possible.

>> No.8117665

>>8117585

None here, but the buzz online is overwhelmingly negative. I'm still considering it, but when reviews on multiple sites call it dirty, loud, busted up, etc, I hesitate.

>> No.8117667

>>8117665
Damn that's a shame. I heard that there was a motel 6 near by that was actually very nice. maybe it was a different 1

>> No.8117754

>>8115526
Are the same people on the panel as last year?

>> No.8117859

>>8117754

Mostly. I'm Jim, the founding guy, I'm always there. The short haired girl is also back, the third and occasional fourth tend to rotate in and out.

>> No.8119449

>>8117130
Honestly, watching will only give you a portion of the story since the manga covers a lot more and the tone is entirely different. The anime is basically /cm/ animated. Less so than Free, but the homo is strong.

>> No.8119751

>>8117585
I room there every year. Of course it's not as nice as the Hyatt or Double Tree, but I only stop back there to sleep. It's close enough to walk back and forth from the convention (parking is free there), and it's far enough away if you need some privacy. 10/10 would recommend.

>> No.8119850

>>8119751

Really? Hmm. Maybe I should use that as my backup instead...at 81.99 a night it's half of what I'd pay at the Sheraton.

>> No.8119893

>>8119850
>81.99
I'm seriously debating giving up my Aloft room to find someone to room with. It's pricey even with the birth year rate discount, but it's my own room and a 10 minute walk away. And I don't want to get stuck with someone unreliable and they cancel last minute or just don't respond.

>> No.8119930

>>8119893

A dude on the forums looking for roomies has a double queen for 1250 Thursday-Sunday. Divided by 4 (damn nerds adhering to fire codes) that'd be 312.50 per person (and I'm not sure if that's with taxes)...a Motel 6 room, by myself Friday/Saturday (who needs Thursday...not like I can skip work Friday) would be 183.66 including taxes.

Shit, I think I'm going ghetto this year.

>> No.8119963

>>8119930
Most people do Thursday because of panels happening at 9am. I need to stay at a hotel the day before the con starts just because of that reason or I wouldn't even care.

Also it's good to prepare so you don't be a hot mess and rushing around Friday trying to do makeup/style wigs/everything.

>> No.8119998
File: 25 KB, 231x224, 193-feels-good-man-rugrats.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8119963
Coming in on Thursday is great. I love chilling on the bed and watching TV after getting the stuff unpacked and ready for the next day.

>> No.8120053 [DELETED] 

>>8119998

I wish...but I gotta save my vacation time for my [spoiler]honeymoon[/]

>> No.8120064

Anonymous 02/14/15(Sat)19:59:51 No.8120053▶
>>8119998 #

I wish...but I gotta save my vacation time for my honeymoon. Gonna sneak out as early as I can though.

>> No.8120482

I really wanna go Thursday of ACEN but school finals.

ugh...

>> No.8120789

>>8117585

I don't have any experience rooming there, but I do have experience with gay orgies there

>> No.8120872

>>8117754

hopefully they never bring back the dude who did the yuri presentation

he read every slide verbatim an looked too scared to breathe

>> No.8121358

>>8103689
I would, I'm looking for new people to hang out with who are not >22 babies. Haha.

>> No.8121371

>>8105771
NYC is good to visit and shit to live. At least Chicago doesn't have $4+ milk.

>> No.8123188

>>8120789

I can't say I disapprove, but I can say I worry about using the same mattresses.

...and I will say, details?

>> No.8123896
File: 188 KB, 786x1017, jojojsuke.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Chicago. moving there soon
>Where are you staying?
My own place hopefully
Josuke. Hopefully my Pompadour will be fully grown by then i had to mostly restart because my hair stylist fucked up my hair so my new hair stylist had to fix it all. so i am pretty pissed off. if i cant pull of my pomp then i probably wont cosplay
i usually go in blind but mostly jojos related

alot... i see these young kids who cant handle their booze and drugs. it makes me glad that they are having a fun time though

>> No.8123962

NYC
>Where are you staying?
Still trying to figure that out. I'm not sure if I can crash at a friends. Might look to share a room or something
Yuffie from FF, a fem Casshern and I'm not sure for the last day yet.
No clue yet but I'm hoping they're not bad. I went to midwest last year and it was awful.
A shitton. Plus I'll finally be 21

>> No.8124220

Central Missouri. Will be the farthest I've traveled to a con.

>Where are you staying?
My friend and I were thinking Motel 6, but currently I'm looking for people to drop some hotel rooms since I've heard negative things about the Motel 6.

Kanji from Persona 4 if everything gets here on time and if I don't hate myself wearing it.

Have no clue what pannels are going on. I should probably look at a schedule or something.

Depends on how much/if my friend plans on buying.

>> No.8126304

>floor spot in room in the Hyatt
>$200 more than my own room at Motel 6
>but Motel 6 is 10 minutes away and full of gay orgies

this is some Sophie's Choice shit

>> No.8126356

>>8126304

Wait, math...
>only 100 more
>Motel 6 is 20 minutes away

Fuck it, I'm rooming with strangers

>> No.8127003

>>8126356
>not wanting to be a part of gay orgies

Don't be a faggot anon.

>> No.8127048

Never knew ACEN had gay orgies. Learn something new everyday.

Less than 90 days left. Has panic set in yet?

Praying my school and tax returns are decent this year so I can pay my part of my room, badge, and cosplay. Budgetting is a bitch but the rewards are worth it.

>> No.8127089

>>8127048

>less than 90 days left

Welp. Time to update my slideshow, film an opening, find and edit down funny clips, get prizes...

Yeah. Panic is now setting in.

>>8127048

Motel 6's got rooms for 75.99 a night.

>>8103689
>>8121358

>old person meetup

31 and tempted.

>> No.8127279

Totally down for a meet up. I planning to bring the Mr. Yan body pillow this year.

>> No.8127353

>>8115579
eh, they got a Japanese DJ too? Banvox
https://soundcloud.com/dirtyloud/banvox-connection-dirtyloud

>> No.8127373

A meet up doesn't sound too bad. Any suggestions?

>> No.8127410

>>8127373

Redbar if we don't mind pricey drinks
One of the nearby bars--like Hofbrauhaus or something--for somewhat cheaper drinks

>> No.8127543

How pricey is the bar? $20 for a drink or something?

>> No.8127822

>>8127353
Hardcore Synergy, the rave on Friday, always has multiple Japanese DJs! They are primarily artists who make songs for music games DDR, Beatmania IIDX, Jubeat, etc. In the past they have had some very big names such as REDALiCE and kors k (the guy who did smooooch). So I have high hopes for this years lineup, too!

>> No.8128733

>>8127543

Just called them up.

Specialty cocktails range between $12-$16.

Draft beers are around $6-$7
Miller
Sam
Blue
Stella
Newcastle
Two Brothers
Red Bar Brew
Seasonal
Revolution Anti-Hero IPA, Eugene Porter

Sooo...yeah. Pricey cocktails, upper tier pints. I'd imagine it's gonna be similar anywhere around there.

>> No.8129120

Chicago anon here. I went to my first con this january. I've been thinking about going to ACEN and/or Animemidwest. How do the two compare? I know ACEN is a lot bigger but I've heard people say Animemidwest has better programming. Also, there are still rooms available for animemidwest.

I'm not opposed to checking out both but I might take a trip to Europe or Japan in May which would take precedence over ACEN

>> No.8129209

>>8129120

I've heard great things about Midwest, people saying it's got intimacy that ACEN lacks. I'd check it out too, but like a bunch of jerkass retards Anime Midwest is hosting their con over fourth of july weekend AGAIN.

I can't skip out on my family over America's Birthday to hang out with strangers and talk about my Japanese Animes.

>> No.8129225

>>8128733
I think it was 9 dollars for a Long Island a couple of years back. Pound a couple of those back and I'm good to go.

>> No.8129257

>>8129120
Both are good but Midwest has more guests in general (variety.)

>> No.8129454

>>8128733
Is this for the older meet up or the general meet up

>> No.8129578
File: 20 KB, 312x353, 1423989932639.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8127048
>Less than 90 days left. Has panic set in yet?
At the rate my budget's going, my utter lack of a complete cosplay, and uncertainty of class schedule, there's a high probability I'm not going.

A pity. But oh well. My hotel bill is the predominant issue. If it weren't for that, I'd be fine. But in the months I've been trying to acquire a job, no one's responded even when re-applying. By the time I did have enough to afford the guns I need, Acen would be over. Maybe Midwest too.

>> No.8129612 [DELETED] 

>>8105760
>Kansas city
Yo!

>> No.8129727

>>8127822
>kors k
And we'll NEVER see him again lol

>> No.8130101

>>8129454

Was thinking for the older meetup, but if there's only like 3 oldfags in this thread...

>> No.8131812

>>8130101
/cgl/ old fags or old fags in term of age.

>> No.8132086
File: 24 KB, 114x116, tumblr_nh5720gFXs1tfx8fzo4_250.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8127048
I don't have any of my shit together.

>None of my cosplays are ready.
>Haise wig is late.
>All my wigs stuck in weather or due to CNY.
>Not sure if any of my wigs fit because they are all late.
>Person who was working on a commission suddenly vanished on me and won't return my emails.
>Have to make a sword at the last minute.
>Can't find a damn suitcase that the CCG members isn't super expensive yet.
>Someone asked to help me with my panel but having a ball communicating with them.
>My friend is somewhere between being an annoying dick and being helpful by motivating me.
>Other panels are doing last minute preps.

At least I got my badge and my hotel done.

>> No.8132089

>>8129578
>Not going.

You need some help anon?

>> No.8132170

>>8131812

I meant in age, assumed that's what the others were talking about, but eh, I'd be up for a drink either way.

>>8129578
>>8132089

I can kick in 10 bucks

>> No.8132184

>>8127822
They just started releasing the lineup on the Facebook event (search "SYNERGY 2015", they dropped the "Hardcore" this year) and have so far announced banvox again.
I've had a couple people In The Know™ tell me this year's lineup is not to be missed. Excited!

>> No.8132194

>>8132170
I'm 28 but sometimes you seagulls scare me.

>> No.8132251

>>8132194

Do I count as a seagull if I'm only here for the ACen threads?

>> No.8132330

>>8132251
No I mean the active ones that I see around.

>> No.8132484

>>8132086
I know that feel

>Plan on going as Kanji
>School jacket won't arrive on time now because lolchinesenewyear
>can't find a good Platinum blonde kanji wig and Arda won't have them in stock for a while
>Still need to make bullet necklace
>still trying to find a white belt that actually looks like the white belt from P4
>Still need to find leather boots
>still need a skull T-shirt
>Still need a fake nose stud
>debating on color contacts or not (I wear regular contacts and am near sighted)
>haven't figured out how I'm going to get School jacket to rest on my shoulders without poking holes through it
>Deciding if I should also cosplay kanji's P4DAN variant or if it's too late for that

And on top of that I still need to bulk more in my arms. FUCK!

>> No.8132495

>>8132484
Do P4DAN version. It's not that much different but that's my opinion lol.

We can try to vent to each other anon. I'm going to be lurking here until the weather clears up.

>> No.8132515
File: 48 KB, 500x281, P4D_Kanji_screenshot_design[1].jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8132495
I don't know how I'll do his DAN shirt though. Only thing I can think of would be to buy a grey wife beater and iron on the number 13.

Also part of me is thinking about just getting a titanium blonde wig from Arda.

>> No.8132582

>>8132184
I hate how in the last few years, a lot of the DJs they bring are unfamiliar to me until the NEXT version of music games comes out. Then their songs are all over, lol.
Anyway, M-Project go home.

>> No.8132653

>>8132515
I would actually suggest titanium over platinum blonde for Kanji anyway. I have arda wigs in both and the platinum is actually quite yellow, whereas the titanium is more the "platinum" of Kanji's hair.

>> No.8132657
File: 74 KB, 175x590, 15304254812_c7ed57f6ae_k-1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8132653
This is from Ardas swatches, see what I mean the platinum is quite yellow? It's also quite dark too

>> No.8132968
File: 21 KB, 311x423, .........................jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8132089
Yes, I do, but unfortunately rich oil barons don't lurk /cgl/ (I think) and there's no possible way, even with an above minimum wage job, I could afford going to Acen this year. Well, if I was making $25 an hour then yeah I could. But other than that, nope.

>>8132170
>10 bucks
>mfw that's one way transportation fare

>> No.8132978

>>8132484
Planning on cosplaying Kanji but if shipping if affected by the Chinese New Year then i might as well drop that and
save my money...or just do him without the jacket and look tacty aa fuck.

BTW anon, redbubble has a skull shirt like Kanji's if you search for it under "Persona 4".

>> No.8133006

>>8132968

Sorry, dude, I'm prepping for a wedding. If every anon in this thread gave ten bucks, though, imagine the...tens of dollars you would have!

yeah...sorry, dude.

>> No.8133113
File: 15 KB, 100x100, tumblr_inline_n5bqmp5OnR1rsl9jz.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8132968
I might be able to give you a room with me but I wouldn't be able to prove the badge and I'm looking for people who are not coming to party and drink responsibly. I might see if I can find one or two people to cut down on the costs but so far there isn't willingly wanting to room up with me except a couple of people who are going to 'smoke weed and drink lightly' so it might just be me....again.

>mfw 'wtf is smoking weed and drinking lightly.'

To be honest I never roomed up with anyone on /cgl/. People say its a bad idea but I'm really nice in general and I hate seeing people who can't do things they enjoy.

>> No.8133142

>>8133113
I appreciate the offer, but rooming with anyone, even people you know, is iffy. Last Acen I roomed with my ex and while I was gone, he gave his brother a key to my room. I found out when he burst in while I was putting on my make up near naked. Not only that, I found traces of weed on the sink. After questioning him about it, he looked panicked. I was beyond pissed since it would be me who got in trouble with the hotel. On top of that, they left a Do Not Disturb sign on the door so room service didn't clean the room.

Not only that, but I woke up the next day (like 5 am I like to get ready early) and my ex had a girl with him in bed. As politely as I could I asked her to get out. I don't mind generally hanging out, but she didn't pay for that room, so she had no place sleeping in it.

>> No.8133151

>>8133113
*Provide

So many typos.

>> No.8133157

>>8133142
Oh nah I wouldn't do that. Most people don't like rooming up with me because either I'm basically 'boring' and an introvert or because they don't know me personally and I'm not part of their circle. I've been going solo to Acen since I broke up with my ex bf and his drinking friends. Hell the only reason why I roomed up with them was because I was with him at the time.

I don't smoke weed, drink, or weeb out and the most I might do is get up really early for panels and eat breakfast in the room while watching the news (if that creeps you out.) If you change your mind just look at my facebook.

Like I said I can just room by myself but since you want to go and don't have a room I just offered.

>> No.8133182

>>8132978
They said it'll still arrive by late March, but I'm also going to a con in early April and I want to make sure everything fits.

>> No.8133983

>>8133113

>mfw 'wtf is smoking weed and drinking lightly.'

lol niggas be like. You probably already know but if somebody say they're gonna smoke and drink lightly at a convention that's infamous for being a party convention, they're not gonna do that shit lightly.

Personally, I smoke and drink and I like to room with others who do as well because it makes it easier to avoid conflict. nothing against those who don't drink or smoke but I don't wanna bring those who don't do that shit into an environment they may not feel comfortable in,

>To be honest I never roomed up with anyone on /cgl/. People say its a bad idea but I'm really nice in general and I hate seeing people who can't do things they enjoy.

I think the reason why folks veiw rooming with random seagulls is because they're a stranger to you and plus drama. I personally wouldn't room with a seagul unless i knew them very personally and outside of conventions. Ill party and hang out with one but we ain't rooming.

>> No.8134128

>>8133142
not the offering anon, but I think you should go for it! he knows that you are in a bind financially and he might be willing to give you a nice break. it's probably going to be a better situation that rooming with your ex anyway.

>> No.8134549
File: 56 KB, 500x750, pleasetellmemore.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8133983
>"drinking lightly"

>> No.8135329

>>8133157
W-well, I guess we could work something out. I've met seagulls in person (and /a/nons and /v/irgins) and I've only felt awkward around two of them.

>> No.8135344

>>8133983

>I think the reason why folks veiw rooming with random seagulls is because they're a stranger to you and plus drama.

Isn't that no different than the forums though? I mean I've roomed up with both friends and strangers and the stranger were better than the friends sadly. Sometimes friends feel that they can stiff you on money and stuff because they know you personally.

>Personally, I smoke and drink and I like to room with others who do as well because it makes it easier to avoid conflict

This is how I feel but some people don't have the same attitude as you. I don't smoke or drink but I can handle people who do responsibly. My issue is when I room up with people like my ex friends.

>Rooming in a hotel that is in the non smoking section.
>Friends smoked in the hotel room.
>They turned on the air conditioner so we wouldn't get kicked out.
>Whole damn room is cold because it's Chicago and it's not that hot outside.
>Nobody brings any decent food but they buy like $300+ in booze.
>Only person in the room that brought more than two loaves of bread and a package of cold cuts.
>Everyone eats up all my food.
>Everyone eats when I buy pizza.
>One of the friends fucks up the bathroom because he was that drunk.
>Other person fucks up the shower and there's red dye stuck all over the tub, toilet, and sink.
>Another friend try to give me weird red bull and something cocktails.
>Friends tell me on Sunday that I have to pay another friend's share of the room because they ditched.

>> No.8135421

>>8135344
Sir or madam, your former friends are full on niggas (or crackers depending on race). Who the fuck spends more money on booze than food?

All of that is ass beating territory.

plus why fucking smoke in the room when they could had fucking blaze it on the Hyatt's parking garage' s roof? that's where all the stoners smoke during ACEN.

>> No.8135673

>>8135421
My ex friends were just assholes anon. For two to three years straight they roomed up at the Embassy and would always smoke weed and drink in the room. I have no idea why they didn't just room up at the Hyatt and smoke in the stairway or the garage roof.

It's been a while but I ran into one of them at a con and it brought me back to those good times. So I'm at the point that a stranger can't be any worse than them considering that I had my stuff stolen because of random people going in and out of the room and in one case my ex bf telling me I have a hot ass in front of his gf.

>I was dressed up as a man at the time.

>> No.8135810

>>8133157
I'm looking for a room (apparently everyone I know already got a room without me). I'm pretty not-crazy and more introverted too.

And I promise that I will not get plastered and vomit all over your cosplay.

>> No.8136130

>>8135673
Jesus christ how horrifying. I've never run into problems like this (regardless of there being a con or general event) since I can be kind of like a strict nanny. I set rules, insist on tidiness, and simply will not tolerate insubordination. But, in those cases it was my stuff and I had full right to be militant.

I can't even bring myself to wash my hands at someone's house and leave drops of water on the sink and will wipe it up.

>> No.8137335

>>8135810
Did you post on the forums? I'm not sure if you post in my thread or not. The people who messaged me on FB I'm going to turn down so if >>8136130 doesn't want to go then it will still be me unless they change their mind.

I'm a girl so I hope you don't have issues with that.

>> No.8137462
File: 420 KB, 1103x720, 1418457832660.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8137335
>$190 per night
If I got the right thread, right? That's actually $100 more total than if I roomed solo at the Aloft the entire weekend plus Thursday. Special rates and all that.

But I wish you luck in your pursuit for roomates.

>> No.8137560
File: 18 KB, 100x100, hyouka-5-01-icon.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8137462
see >>8133113

>I was offering it for free since you said you couldn't afford it if I can't find roommates.

But if you don't want to that's ok.

>> No.8137568

>>8137560
If you feel really bad you could of just paid whatever you could and I wouldn't even care. $190 isn't set in stone nor what people have to pay; it's just the price of what I'm paying for the hotel in general.

Rate Type:ACEN 2015
Rate per night:190.00 USD
Total for Stay per Room:380.00 USD
Taxes: 49.40 USD
Total: 429.40 USD
Total for Stay: 429.40 USD

>> No.8137636

>>8137335
I have not posted in the forums yet.

I'm a girl too, so no issues there!

>> No.8137695

>>8137560
>I was offering it for free
Sorry, it's just too good to be true. Please excuse the paranoia.

>> No.8138153

>>8128733

IIRC right down the street from the Hyatt? or the MAIN convention center, Maybe 10 or so minutes away is a liquor store, Also a Dennys.

When I went to ACEN last year we all pitchted in for booz, Drank, Walked around, Drank, Walked around. I'm wondering if I should bring my FLASK and just take a few swigs.

>> No.8138171

>>8138153

I STILL have two almost-full handles of vodka in my kitchen from the past 2 ACens--each time I forgot to bring one so I had to buy one. I'm gonna make sure to bring both in a rolling cooler this year. I prefer beer in general these days but it's a lot harder to just walk around with a beer bottle than a flask or an ACen water bottle full of mixed drink.

I miss my younger days. When I was like 23 I'd sit and drink with a couple friends in the lobby and challenge passersby to games of Rock Paper Scissors "on shoot, one game only, for the glory." I'd feel skeezy and geeky as hell doing that now.

>> No.8138195

>>8137695
If you super paranoid I can just offer it really cheap but yeah at the time I was offering it for free for the hell of it.

>>8137636 and >>8137695 and anyone else who's interested.

>/cgl/ discount rate
>$60
>Thursday-Sunday (like afternoon Sunday)
>Payment up front through Paypal at least by April so that way you can get your money back if you are really that paranoid and it covers my own ass.
>Embassy suite room. 1 bed and a pull out bed.
>Nobody is there but me so far.
>I am a female who binds and all that jazz.
>I am not a lesbian or a rapist or nuts despite coming here on /cgl/ often for information.
>I do not drink or smoke.
>I do not party.
>I'm not an autistic weeb or from tumblr or any that shit.
>I'm doing three panels.
>I can provide you food if you call my number like May the first or email me and tell me specifically what you want (and food allergies.)
>I'm not really that messy.
>I fucking bathe for god's sake.
>I'll be 29 during the con but I will not again party.

If nobody wants it here I can just try Acen though but yes I'm just trying to lower costs and have fun.

>> No.8138200

>>8138195
>Adding on

If that email doesn't work let me know. That's my actual gmail email. (Not the one I use on Acen though.)

>> No.8138261

>>8138171
I put my booze in bottles from various Trader Joe's beverages and walked around with nobody bothering me. Always changing them up.

>> No.8138345

I just usually store my booze in my metal watee bottle containters. I do wanna invest in a flask in the near future.

I also have forgotten there's a liquor store near the convention center but fuck Illinois alcohol taxes. Missouri may be a shithole but low alcohol taxes and prices.

I should save up for a few bottles of Hennessey or Remy Martin and Grey Goose for Saturday.

>> No.8138357

I just realized I have a Camelbak I've never used.
Well, I know what I'm doing come Dragon*Con.

>> No.8139478

>>8138195

>I fucking bathe for god's sake.

I'm veering slightly off topic, but it saddens me that this must be emphasized in nearly every roommate ad. Every time I meet a smelly weeb at a con I cannot understand how they live up to the stereotype.

>> No.8139530

>>8138261
We always rinse out Starbucks cups or something similar and use those. No one has ever bothered us.

>> No.8141590

>>8139478
>go to Art Institute
>student lounge smells like booty and onions
>hoards of students doing nothing but talking about pokemon and playing Brawl/Pokemon
I don't get it either. For a 10-15 year old, sure. Kids and teens are stupid. But as a college student, I'd think they would have had hygiene lessons at some point.

The other students usually go elsewhere to hang out. Though because of the school location, the lounge isn't that big of a loss. Still, I find myself embarrassed for them.

>> No.8142189

>>8141590

There's a friend of mine who's extremely heavy, and used to be extremely heavier...a buddy of ours who's known this friend since high school says heavy-guy used to stink like a thousand weeaboos. It wasn't because heavy-guy didn't know he stank; it was because he'd reached the point of romantic isolation and social marginalization that he just didn't care.

At cons, maybe it's a mixture of that kind of apathy and a "no time for rest or hygiene, there's so much to DO!" mentality. People stumble onto flights out of Vegas reeking of gin and BO, it could be something like that.

ACen's stink has gotten bad enough to keep me out of the game room at least once, though, lemme tell you.

>> No.8142448

>>8142189
>game room

There was one time I thought I was going to choke to death due to the heat of the machines, the poor ventilation, and the BO.

>> No.8142558

>>8139478
> shower every day
> use deo
> teeth
> etc
> still worry that I smell terrible

It's even worse because nobody will ever tek you

>> No.8142705

>>8142558

If you're doing all those things, you should smell like a normal person, absent any sort of illness. I wouldn't be too worried.

>> No.8142709

>>8142448
Too bad you didn't.

>> No.8142726
File: 103 KB, 450x338, shock-edit.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8142709

aw snap
you sure showed her

>> No.8143088

It amazes me that people do not shower or at the least try to take care of themselves at conventions. Fuckin' nasty.

>> No.8143111

>>8143088
It seems like a myth at first considering you think people would be self-conscious enough to take care of themselves hygienic wise

>> No.8143126

>>8142189
>there's so much to DO!" mentality.
I think it's simply that they're apathetic and unfortunately don't bathe every night like in their chinese animations.

Little story. Back in elementary school, I smelled like death. Kids would avoid me, tease me, but I didn't care because I didn't know how bad I smelt. I think this is their case. A habit left unchecked by their parents who let them do as they wish and not wash their butts before leaving out the house.

For me, it was a natural odor I got used to. Then, get this, I watched Tomb Raider and admired how absolutely sexy Jolie looked when taking a shower. And now I shower every single day. Never again has anyone even looked at me funny because of smell since I enjoy smelling like Old Spice and fresh laundry. I can only hope they will one day receive a random push to follow an example.

>> No.8144502

Makes me wonder: is telling someone "dude, no offense, but you reek, go take a shower" cruel, or is it a necessity?

>> No.8145401

>>8144502
It's a necessity. People nowadays are weird. If you got something on your lip, they just stare at you and never say anything. And thus, people walk around looking stupid. If no one says anything, it'll continue to happen.

Just pull them aside, tell them of their bodily function, and kindly suggest they take a shower. It's what I'd do.

>> No.8146173

>>8138195
>>8138200
I sent you an email a few days ago but didn't get a response; not sure if you got it or not.

>> No.8148792

Anyone coming on Thursday for pregaming?

>> No.8150181

>>8148792

There's usually a post on the forums about some kind of thursday night meetup by now. Weird, the place is a ghost town.

>> No.8150432

Any chance that badges will sell out by April 1st? Never been to Acen but I'm interested in going this year. I wanted to take some sort of trip from around May 10thish-June 6th but I might just wait until May 18th and go to Acen.

>> No.8150478

Milwaukee, sup Chicagobros?

>Where are you staying?
doubletree. Free happy hour!

I don't really. might bring down a costume if my friend wants to do our couple cosplay together, otherwise I'll jfash it up.

>going to a con for panels
>2015
come now

24/7

>> No.8150660

>>8150478

>Milwaukee

bring new glarus

>>going to a con for panels
>>2015
>come now

hey, the late night stuff is always good for a laugh

>> No.8150768

>>8150660
I actually don't drink a lot of beer, but I could be a new glarus SS for some chicagobros.

And why go to late night panels when I'm at and or running late night parties, anon? ;)

>> No.8150784

>>8150432
Badges don't usually sell out but there's a cut off date for mail badges. People usually do the mail so they don't experience line con, which is usually bad at Acen.

>> No.8150787

>>8146173
Late reply but I'll check again. My other email is sort of retarded. I should of used my other gmail one but I get a lot of spam so I didn't want to lose messages.

>> No.8150898

>>8150784
As someone who loved amusement parks as a teen, I learned about the advantages of special passes early on when I saw people going ahead while I waited 3 or 4 hours. Never again. I mail order everything now. Though it is unfortunate waiting in line to get into the dealer's hall or a panel.

>> No.8151451
File: 6 KB, 400x182, acen_400.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

IRT checking in

>> No.8151481

>>8151451
Would had funnier if you were on the medical staff. still chuckle though.

>>8150181
Blame Facebook for the forums being a ghost town.

>> No.8153017

Shameless bump.

Actually, let me bring meaningful conversation: Anyone going to that Babymetal concert before ACEN?

>> No.8154194

>>8151481
You have to be a registered EMT or Nurse to get in to EMRT. I'm good on IRT, thank you.

>> No.8155237

>>8150768

>at or running late night parties

Where, tho? I can never find the fucking things anymore. I'm too old to just knock on open hotel room doors.

>>8151481

I've been lurking the facebook groups. They're an absolute nightmare.

>> No.8155254

>>8155237
>Where, tho?
its all about knowing the right people.

>> No.8155316

>>8155237
The ACEN groups are fucking chaotic yes but if you block the right people and ignore the faggotry they're not too bad.

don't take everything they say in that group at face value.

>> No.8155345

>>8110414
Nothing announced so far. There are probably a lot of lolitas who will still go (because they also like cosplay or anime) but Midwest has become the lolita focus con.

>> No.8155827

>>8155316

ACen and Anime Central? They seem to be entirely faggotry, I've scrolled through a week's worth of threads

>> No.8155860

>>8155827
I understand your pain. It sucks to find information relating to the actual convention on both groups but there so many idiots who think they're funny.

it's a shithole. i want to talk about the convention, not deal with the daily "trolling" and circle jerk bullshit. it's bad enough that shit is on here.

>> No.8155866

>>8155860
>>8155827
>>8155316

>Base an entire convention community on a forum and a few people.

The forums are dead. Most con goers don't go to Acen forums and it's always been like that. The people that go on the forums are the long timers and the people who know each other in meets. They either go on here or they just show up so if you want to know more convention information ask someone from the convention, not the forums.

>> No.8155872

>>8155866

>basing an entire convention community on a forum and a few people

I'm certainly not trying to, mang, but where the hell else do you look when you're either new or not connected or both? Just wander around at-con?

>> No.8156209
File: 70 KB, 810x780, shit man I don't know I'm just a fucking toon.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8155872
>Just wander around at-con?
Yes.

>> No.8156833

>>8095818
Motherfuckin Memphis, TN
>Where are you staying?
Hyatt like every year
Jecht, Captain Falcon, Reno
The orchestral concert, and that's it.
WAAAAAAYYYYY Too much. As usual.

>> No.8156859

>>8155872
>What the hell do you want me to do?

Wander and make friends. Go to group photoshoots. You be surprised to find how many people relate to you at anime cons.

>> No.8157755
File: 91 KB, 747x711, oh fuck.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8115587
>>8115355
>>8115210

>people still think it's possible to fire him

Oh anons. See pic related. There is no escape.

>> No.8157900
File: 9 KB, 480x360, hqdefault.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8157755

>Duration
>PERPETUAL

>> No.8157969
File: 959 KB, 245x194, spidermancrys.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8157755
>PERPETUAL

>> No.8161576

shameless bump

Will it be easy-ish to find a room as the convention time nears? I'd be down to stay with other seagulls as long as they aren't insane

>> No.8161984

>>8161576
Well, a lot of people drop out last minute so you have a good chance of sliding in somewhere. I'd secure a place as a just in case so in the event that you do find someone to room with, you can cancel the other. I made hotel reservations over a month ago. I can't afford it, but if something did happen and I could, I'd still have the room.

>> No.8162623

>>8161576

Like >>8161984 says, have a backup. Usually there's a flurry of cancellations right at-con so check on the forums and facebook and all that, but have a Motel 6 room or something just in case.

>> No.8162715

I haven't watched anime in probably 15 years, but I'm starting to watch it again. Will I even have fun at acen if I go? Feel like I'd spend the entire con wondering who all these cosplays are supposed to be and going to the few non-anime-specific panels that are actually interesting.

>> No.8162783

>>8162715

You'll have fun! It's always nice to be in a building full of nerds. Bring a friend, go to the game room, shop for stuff from the anime you HAVE seen (I still look for Ranma gear when I visit) in the dealers' hall, hit up the late night porn or bad anime panels, etc.

>> No.8163461

>>8161984
>>8162623
I only live 20 minutes from the Hyatt so it wouldn't be terrible if I didn't have a place to crash but I want to party there rather than taking a cab home at some ungodly hour

>> No.8163650

>>8163461
And I live a 20 minute drive away from Downtown but I'm still willing to get a hotel if the event calls for it.

I personally say secure a cheap or close by room anyway while trying for something last minute. If you want to party, and don't want to go the distance, then take the safe route and get a room.

>> No.8163775

>>8103071
Thank you based Acen.

Seriously, this con is a shitshow every year. Are you surprised?

>> No.8164169

>>8163775
I've only been twice so my opinion is still mostly positive.

>> No.8165573

>>8163775

It's a wonderful con full of wonderful people.

It's also a party weekend full of 20-21 year olds who can't hold their liquor and do too much molly.

>> No.8165864

Probably going to spend all my time looking at shit to perhaps buy like last year

>> No.8166088

2 questions about mail badges

How long will it take for a badge to ship and can they be refunded if I decide not to go?

>> No.8166357

>>8166088
I honestly don't know about the refund policy since I've always let my eyes glaze over it, but they usually ship a few weeks before the con. I think mid or late April, for me anyways. I would assume that once you get it, oh well you're not getting a refund.

I could be wrong though. Most likely.

>> No.8167954

>>8115210

Got a link for that draft?

>> No.8168110

>>8167954
this

>> No.8168124

>>8166088
Badges can't be refunded anon. I tried. Badges usually ship either a few weeks before the con or sometime in March. It depends on what tier you have.

>> No.8168153

>>8167954
https://www.acen.org/sites/default/files/ACen_2015_Panel_Programming_Draft_March_4.pdf

>> No.8169274

>>8165573
This pretty much summed up ACEN'S dual side. Yea, it's an nice convention yet there's the party life of it.

Sadly, there are idiots who can't handle their liquor and drugs.

>> No.8170174

>>8169274
I agree with this. you gotta find the right people to be with, otherwise you'll be surrounded by screaming weebs.

>> No.8173288

I know this happens every year, but is anyone else pretty irritated that we only have two guests for the con itself, but Hardcore Synergy has a full line-up? I know the people behind HS aren't really part of ACen, but it still kind of bugs me.

>> No.8173575

>>8173288

Completely irritated. El Ken's fault as usual, I'd imagine.

>> No.8173699

>>8170174
Networking and communicating is key.

I prefer to hang out with the older folks of the ACEN community given they're mature and not act total weeaboos.

Bonus points if they're trolls and sassy as fuck. they make shit so entertaining.

>> No.8176161

I have the feeling this thread will die before Acen even hits. Again.

>> No.8176191

>>8176161
It generally picks up speed a week or so before

>> No.8176431

>>8176161

Then we will resurrect it.

But nah, like >>8176191 says it limps along and picks up every year, if only so we can keep bitching about El goddamn Ken.

>> No.8177044

>>8127003
Severely underrated post.

>> No.8177525

I wasn't planning on attending acen originally, but kind of want to check it out this year. Is it weird/taboo to cosplay a non-anime character (how to train your dragon) at an anime convention?

>> No.8177526

>>8177525
Nope. Half the people attending will be cosplaying from homestuck anyway.

>> No.8177587

>>8177526
Don't forget Slenderman, Deadpool, and there's a high chance someone will attempt Five Nights at Freddy's, jump scare sounds included. Which will be twice as annoying given that it's a really grating and high pitched noise. At least Slenderman can be joked as wanting a hug.

>> No.8177591

>>8177587
fnaf cosplayers just wear wigs and tshirts that match the color of their character. They don't even try. It's like the new wtnv.

>> No.8177608

>>8177526

>rubbed-off gray paint
>rubbed-off gray paint everywhere

>> No.8177662
File: 185 KB, 500x510, 1414032928094.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8177608
I've been considering cosplaying Scanty or Kneesocks one day, any recommendations on a brand I should look for or type of paint? I'm not too keen on spending 7 hours showering to get it all off, but at least I know I'll be working with something that wont rub off if I brush against someone.

>mfw seeing grey paint smudged all over the Hyatt couches

>> No.8177741

>>8177662

>someone in line sits up
>there's a gray impression of their arms and neck on the wall, like they were in a fucking atomic blast

I got nothing for you about paint types, sadly. I'm a very lazy cosplayer.

>> No.8177768

anyone else see dannimon's hilarious bitchfit in the anime central facebook group?

>> No.8177780

>>8177768
Did it get deleted? What post would it be under? I don't really follow that stuff on FB

>> No.8177789

>>8177780
it's one of the top posts in the group right now and nah it didn't get taken down yet. a new one was made too, someone calling him out

>> No.8177791

>>8177768
ACEN Group or the official group?

>> No.8177795

>>8177791
Wait nevermind, just found it. I'm fuckin' laughing. This bitch is really mad because the photoshoot itmes doesn't revolve around her own shit.

This child needs to stop fuckin' crying.

>> No.8177853

Has anyone stayed at the O'Hare Marriott before? It was the closest place I could get a room and want an idea of how terrible the walk will be.

>> No.8177871

>>8177853
It's less than a mile so I think you will be fine. I walk from the fashion outlets and it's slightly further away than the Mariott.

>> No.8177946

>>8177768
>>8177780
>>8177789
>>8177791
>>8177795

dammit I can't find it

>> No.8177952

>>8177946
It's gone. Basically guy was bitching that at two different time slots multiple cosplay shoots were scheduled (Marvel, DC, Fairy Tail and 1 more I can't remember for slot 1, SAO, Madoka, Sailor Moon for slot 2) and that he won't see a single cosplay from those series because he can't make it to all the shoots. Pretty unreasonable guy. People try to explain about how tough it is to schedule blah blah but he is just a bitch and overly dramatic.

>> No.8180682

Sooo, about those guests...

>> No.8181428
File: 127 KB, 800x486, oh.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8157900
>>8157969

"Perpetual" just means the company continues existing when the agent changes. My point was actually that his name is on there at all. He's the president of the MAPS board. Guess who the con chair answers to? Yeah. And now consider that there are other people involved who allowed this to happen, and maybe you'll start to understand what a hot mess this con's management is.

Also, pic related because they're apparently trying to pretend like this isn't true now.

>>8173575

Of course.

>> No.8181466
File: 503 KB, 750x1334, IMG_1551.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Welp I'm out. My biennial appearance at ACen will not be happening. I need to take some time off for some self-discovery and what I should do next with my life. Maybe I'll come to Anime Midwest?

>> No.8182932

The nigga who made Higurashi and Umineko is gonna be at a guest a ACEN.

I better fucking work on my Goat Butler cosplay asap. May also cosplay that old ass cop from Higurashi.

>> No.8184451
File: 112 KB, 600x750, Alexis Tipton aka Chapapapa.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

New guest info at least. Can't believe Honey's VA is just as cute.

>> No.8184944

>>8181466
That looks like a lot of fun. I just booked my room for animemidwest

>> No.8184994

>>8182932
Well shit....I wish I could bring my Irie back. But damn that was a creepy cosplay.

>> No.8188264
File: 30 KB, 480x720, 11065714_874904675908953_8392939437349479404_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8184451
>07th Expansion
>Higurashi, Umineko, etc

>> No.8188304

>>8095818
> Where?
Florida actually. I want to meet a lot of my midwest friends

>Where ya staying?
Still don't have anyone to room with yet. Help.

>What ya cosplaying?
Yang from RWBY, Rock from Black Lagoon, Dotachin from Durarara

>What panels are ya hitting up?
Are the panels actually good?

> How much are you drinking?
Very little since I'm in a new city. I'd like to maybe have 1 to 3 drinks.

>> No.8189142

Are there rooms still avaliable at the nearest motel 6? Also what's the cutoff date for preregistering

>> No.8189178

>>8189142
If you want a badge shipped I recommend getting it before April 1st

>> No.8189186

>>8188304

>Still don't have anyone to room with yet

Honestly I'd just check for rooms at the Motel 6 at this point. Cheap enough and you don't sleep with strangers.

>Are the panels actually good?

Some of them are. Hentarmageddon (I'm biased, I run it), Bad Anime Panel, GitS panels, Anime Hell, last year's voiceover panel was pretty interesting...

>> No.8190606

>>8189186
You run the panel? Hm, two of my friends do panels at midwest cons. I wonder if ya know em.

>> No.8193642
File: 34 KB, 640x360, 640px-Excalibur_Reaction1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8190606

Nah, I'm not very social with the other panelists...I hope there's not some kind of panelist party/mixer/orgy I've been missing out on all these years.

on that note:
>not many friends attending this year
>get curious about meetups
>check out ACEN and Anime Central facebook groups
>trolls trolling trolls, and trolling you

yeeesh

>> No.8193768

>>8193642
Not really doing FB for that. I take it the trolls mainly consistof GARticuno and KohimeBashiri?

>> No.8193851

>>8193768

Benjamin A. Snow by sheer volume of shitposting. But everyone there is just constantly jerking each other off via memes. Shit makes me feel old.

>> No.8193864

>>8193851
Oh my god why does that name sound fucking familiar!? I think he was in our Katawa Shoujo group.

>> No.8193893

>>8193851
I fucking hate that douche.

>> No.8193989

>>8193851
Wait what groups is Snow in so I can avoid them?

>> No.8194022

>>8193989

Both Acen facebook groups but he posts more in the Acen group than the Anime Central one.

>> No.8194051

>>8193893

Pity, then, he defines both groups he's in.

I know the ACen forums were stodgy weeaboo hugboxes but at least there was some semblance of dignity and accountability in the shit you posted, some general sense of purpose for being there. A bunch of nerds talking about their favorite part of the con, or fantasizing about getting yoko kanno as a guest, or whatever else might be cheesy and dorky but it's a hell of a lot more readable than an endless FB scroll of people posting twitter screencaps, fifth-generation memes, and irrelevant bullshit hoping to get Likes.

>> No.8194385

>>8193989
ACEN. Avoid that prick. I swear he's a fucking bully. There's joking around and there's downright harassment and belittling like what he does.

>>8194051
This. I miss when the fourms where active. We didn't have to deal with the stupidity and faggotry like what goes on on the Facebook groups.

Sorry that I'm going to ACEN to cosplay and for the convention itself than to get utterly wasted and do stupid shit like what the folks on the group plan on.

>> No.8194467

>>8194385

I *like* getting wasted and doing stupid shit, and I *like* a bit of shitposting, but I'd be embarrassed to be associated with some of those people. I'd have a beer with people on the forums if someone set up a meetup. No fucking way would I do so with anyone from the Acen FB group, because I'd risk seeing the OTHERS from that group.

It's like someone took the kid I met at 2008ish ACen--who wore a shirt covered in meme pins and screamed 4chan references--and made two facebook groups out of him.

>> No.8194518

>>8194467
There's nothing wrong with a little drinking and shitposting don't get me wrong but I don't wanna do that drinking shit with those FB undesirables.

They just seem like the folks who would ruin shit while drunk trying to be cool.

>> No.8194559

>>8095818
>From
Chicago Suburbs
>Staying
Crown Plaza
>Cosplay
With luck, Byron Krane from BattleCON
>Panels
I've learned that any and all panel plan get derailed, without exception at ACEN. So I just go based on free time.
>Drinking
Little if any. Alcohol and me do not go well together.

>> No.8194576

>From
Elgin

>Staying
Hyatt Master Race

>Cosplay
Nah.

>Panels
RPGs That Don't Start With Final Fantasy. Just like every year. Mega hyped for Synergy too.

>Drinking
Probably not much. Got that acid reflux.

The ACEN FB groups have been cancer for about 2-3 years now. Is talking about Ryan Con-In-A-Box still an insta-ban?

>> No.8194917

>>8194518
>trying to be cool.

That's exactly it. The "how to talk to chicks" thread was full of some of the most cringeworthy shit in the world.

>> No.8195117

>>8194917
It was so cute though. That low tier high school level pages outta self help booklet advice.

Fucking social rejects.

But yeah, we need to chill and hang out for a meet up or something. Ya seem more full of common sense and wisdom than those FB autistics. Plus I don't wanna wind up killing myself by hanging out with those folks. Friend is trying to convince me but given what I've seen on the groups and there plans, yeah no.

>> No.8196617

Omaha
>Where are you staying?
With my dude at the Hyatt
Saber from Fate/Zero, PC-98 Yuuka from Touhou, Milk-Chan
Dunno yet.
Not enough

>> No.8196684
File: 50 KB, 470x450, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8196617

>not enough

That's the spirit!

>> No.8197199

>>8196617
Well, I might actually go as Shirou from Fate/Stay.

>> No.8199894

>>8195117

I think there's hope for some of them, honestly, but yeah, if there was a /cgl/ meetup I'd probably be in. I barely cosplay, though, so I might not actually be in this board's demographic.

>> No.8202601

>>8199894

I don't have hope of the majority of them. Most of them are lost causes. If only their parents whoop their ass when they were children.

I don't have a cosplay plan as well so don't feel bad.

>> No.8202712

I would be down for a /cgl/ meet up but I'll be with a friend who doesn't go on 4chan and I don't want to ditch him

>> No.8203048

>>8202712

So bring him?

>> No.8203071

>>8202712
I don't normally go here, and I'm just below the age to drink so I'll probably not go. Try to get your friend to hook up with someone

>> No.8203509

>>8203071
>and I'm just below the age to drink
Fuck, me too. Being 20 is suffering