[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 889 KB, 500x376, 1367867000549.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
8122757 No.8122757 [Reply] [Original]

Old one hit bump limit

try to keep it /cgl/ related

>> No.8122801

I just bought my first dress and petticoat from bodyline.
I'm almost positive I'm going to look ita in it.
But I dont care. Only frills now.

>> No.8122820
File: 56 KB, 625x351, fd3d970c53aa6ae1dfdda0c2aa7c344c883bf5455bf924fdb6e3d8b1f4983385.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8122801
We all start somewhere anon, just make sure you got the basics down

>> No.8122826

>>8122820
I really do like the mori Lolita look.
But I'm going to try to get classic down first since they said thats the base of mori lolita.

I'm so excited. I wont be ready to really show it off until probably august though.

>> No.8122877

I live in a small country.

I can't be an active member of Lolita communities or go to Anime conventions in cosplay because I keep seeing my ex, his fiance and their friends.

It's been 6 years but it still hurts to see them

>> No.8122886

>>8122757
OP, I'm so sad. ;_;
Whenever someone fails to look in the catalog and is too stupid to use the search function of their browser to search the word 'feels' a kitten cries.
>>8121575

>> No.8122888

>>8122877
I know how you feel. I'm lucky that I'm moving soon so I'll never have to see my ex and his gf again.

>> No.8122890

>>8122888
How far away from him are you moving?
My ex lives the other side of our very small country, but it's still maybe only 3 hours away.

It really makes me want to move abroad but I have a pet tortoise I don't know if I could take with me.

It sucks, it gets me down so much knowing that they're enjoying my hobbies openly but I have to hide myself away.

Sorry for poor english, blame the eurofag education system

>> No.8122894

>>8122890
I'm sure you could take your tortoise, it's not as difficult to take pets on planes these days, and most landlords who would object to cats/dogs wouldn't have much of a problem with tortoises. I'm sure that's not the only thing holding you back, though.

>> No.8122951

>>8122886
I actually did and still managed to overlook it, probably got too used to the title just being 'feels thread'

my apologies

>> No.8123015

>>8122894
He's quite old and large.. he used to belong to my grandfather, I worry the stress will kill him.

you are also right in another regard, I thought the world of that man, I'll be sad to never see him again even if he is tremendous scum :(

>> No.8123038

I'm becoming really paranoid my cosplay is gona suck and is going to be laughed at on cgl and its really irrational and stupid

>> No.8125906

Am I the only one who feels a bit bad when people come up to me and say "Omg I'll never be as good in cosplay as you, I just suck so hard and I only know how to use duct tape and glue, I'm a horrible cosplayer and you're just so good and perfect and pretty"? Like, I'm super happy people admire me and everything, but it just makes me feel bad when they throw shit at themselves using me as comparation. We all start somewhere, right? And if they put enough effort and work instead of just sitting there like "I'll never be as good as you", they'll get better eventually.

>> No.8126622
File: 886 KB, 500x201, stitch.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I snapped at my best friend because I was sick of him blowing me off every single time we made plans to hang out and because he never paid me back for something I got for him several months ago that was super expensive, despite him promising he would when I bought it. I was also pissed at him because he takes advantage of me all the time.

Now he wants nothing to do with me. It sucks because he was my only friend who was interested in cons/cosplay and now I have no one to go to cons with. We were also just about to become roommates but he dropped off the keys I gave him at my place and ignored my apologies. I don't really have many friends in general either, and despite his flaws he meant everything to me. I seriously hate myself right now.

>> No.8126749

>>8126622

He did everything wrong here though. Don't hate yourself, you stood up to his shit.

>> No.8126776
File: 40 KB, 500x268, tumblr_n4gul44wc01soyp8ao5_500.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Long time lurker finally committing to buying my first brand dress, I've loved lolita for a long time but my comm is a horrible group of people who I've been warned are very unwelcoming to fresh meat. I'm tall and I kinda wish I had someone to help me not look like a tard in my first coord (or ever). I'm nervous that the sleeves will be to short if I got anything with long sleeves because I'm stupidly lanky, actually everything makes me nervous.

>mfw now kawaii lolita mentor/friends

>> No.8126966

>>8122801
>bought petticoat from Bodyline
Anon, you fucked up

>> No.8126997

>>8126622
Don't hate yourself, hate him. He's being a fuckbag and you really shouldn't let him in your life again when he comes back around.

>> No.8127014
File: 101 KB, 340x329, 1401327687680.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>gave cookies to this guy I like on Valentine's Day
>just ended up confusing and disturbing him
>his friend immediately figures out my intentions
>now he's passive aggressively trying to hold it against me
>if he wanted, he could fuck it all up by shit-talking me to the guy I like (and he might because he's somewhat evil)
>mfw there's no way to stop him except by literally begging him not to, confronting him and making up shit to throw him off, or beating him to the punch by talking to the guy before he does
>social anxiety makes the last one difficult even though it's probably the best decision
What do?

>> No.8127030
File: 44 KB, 600x266, moot q&a.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>cosplay a character from game that would be ideal with a group
>see lots of people cosplaying from the game in big groups
>pretty uncommon game to find cosplays of too
>jealous because I want to participate
Forever suffering

>> No.8127032

>>8127014
Don't feel ashamed of your feelings. Don't allow yourself to be victimised by his friend and own your shit. Life is scary, giving into the fear feeds anxiety. There's nothing wrong with you.

>> No.8127037

>>8126776
Sometimes it's best to go it alone, anon...
but if you haven't actually met your local comm--just been 'warned' about them--then maybe you should try to go to a meetup and form your own opinion. Very rarely is there actually a comm that is 100% comprised of rancid bitches, but a lot of them get bad reputations because of one or two overly vocal cunts make some kind of drama online.
Even if there are those types in your community, they're pretty easy to identify and avoid. In my experience, even the most sandy-vagina'd lolita will not spew odious bile at you if you're just asking for advice on your first purchase, in fact most girls will jump at the chance to help newbies & make themselves look like good samaritans by association.

>> No.8127046

>>8127014
He fucks with you because he knows it bugs you. Ignore him, be sweet, and continue to make your move on clueless guy.

>> No.8127057

>>8127014
>gave cookies to this guy I like on Valentine's Day
Are you 12 and/or an anime

>> No.8127080

>>8127014
Didn't you post the same story in the last thread?

>> No.8127135
File: 2 KB, 300x57, speek.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8127080
I'm the same anon, but before I was just panicking because I did something cringy and weeby like >>8127057 said

>>8127046
>>8127032
You're right, anons. It'll be hard, but thanks
>mfw even captcha is telling me to just talk to him

>> No.8127139

>>8127014
>just ended up confusing and disturbing him

You're fucked, move along.

>> No.8127150
File: 1.36 MB, 320x180, 1423800591378.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>tfw engineering
>tfw full-ride + 5k semester stipend
>tfw school is paying for cospay
>tfw cosplay still sucks anyway

>> No.8127156

>>8127150
*cosplay

>> No.8127392

>order dark brown wig and purple seifuku from ebay
>wig is 'coffee'
>open wig
>wig is not coffee but ginger
>seifuku has been stuck at 'origin preparing for shipment' for almost a week
>tfw

>> No.8127471

>>8127392
>order brown wig for cosplay
>looks exactly like my hair
>at least i can style and rewear

I ordered from cyperous, and it got here in like two days. Ordered from jlist/ a Chinese ebay seller, and it took three weeks-month; the status was, "Origin preparing for shipment," all the while. Just takes a while, but godspeed anon

>> No.8127527
File: 13 KB, 200x200, 1331071489274.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Commission armor in August 2014
>Due date is first week of Feb. 2015
>Maker stays silent til I message her in late January about it
>Says she shipped it out on Jan 23th and it entered the U.S. on the 29th
>Didn't send me a tracking number til now
>Package tracking information never updates
>She swears that it's in the U.S. just never been scanned
>Usps says that package was not shipped on her end til Jan 30th.
>Hasn't reached the country yet.

The gods are telling that I don't need to go to this con. Luckily, I've since made my own armor for the costume.

>> No.8127561

>>8125906
Not at all. A girl I sort of know came up to me drunk at Katsu and said "I hate how you're so talented" which a) not that talented and b) that's not a nice compliment?? That just makes me feel like shit???

>> No.8127799

>>8127014
NTR
NTR
NTR

>> No.8127818

>>8122801
Bodyline has like a handful of nice dresses and one petti that's really nice ans poofy, just a little scratchy. I hope you made the right descisions.
>>8126776
Don't worry about it too much, if others tell you that a comm sucks or isn't welcoming, don't take their word for it. Don't be biased, or else you might misinterpret little things and bad feels ensue. If you're insecure about sleeve length, just start out in summer? Maybe get some nice mentor online or custom sized blouses.

>> No.8128254

>>8126622

Did he at least pay you back? What a cunt. Don't feel bad, anon, he's a dickhead.

>> No.8128483

>>8126622
If he's constantly taking advantage of you and expecting you to pay for his shit without paying you back, that will only get 10x worse if you live with him. He sounds like he'd be a terrible roommate, anon. Even if you do manage to pick your friendship back up I'd look for a more trustworthy person to live with.

>> No.8128598

>have friends over at my house
>this is a fairly rare event, I don't like to bother my housemates so I wait until they're away but let them know what's happening.
>'Make sure you clean up, not like last time!'
>wat.jpg
>Okay whatever, I'll just make sure it's really tidy.
>Friends arrive, have super fancy time.
>Next day.
>'Anon did your friends throw breadsticks at each other?'
>'Anon did your friends have a pillow fight?'
>'Anon did your friends spill wine on the floor?'
>My friends did none of these things obviously
>mfw I'm never gonna be allowed to have friends over again because my housemates are histrionic bitches

I really did tidy up all my friends things though. I have literally no idea where all these breadsticks and stains and shit came from.

>> No.8128607

>>8128598
Also I should probably mention that the housemate making these wild accusations gets irritated about the most ridiculous stuff.

I put tap water in the kettle once and she pitched a fit because it's 'SO DIRTY'

Bitch, I'mma boil that shit.

>> No.8129175

The guy I'm crushing on mentioned that he found my tumblr the other day
> I hope he thinks I'm kawaii

>> No.8129210

>This girl I know from a book club and that is into steampunk suddenly started commenting all my cosplay related posts.
>"I'm going to make my first cosplay, how did you do this and that and that"
>"Where can I buy a wig like yours"
>pm her with information and some tutorials
>Ask her what cosplay she's making just in case I have some more tutorials that can help her
>"Oh, since it's my first time I'm going to make a lolita cosplay!"

I decided not to bother and let her destroy herself and be posted on an ita thread. She posted a progress picture and the thing is made of neon pink broadcloth. With this kind of people, failure is the best way to learn

>I still sent her 20 or so patterns of lolita JSKs, but it will be shit

>> No.8129522
File: 578 KB, 332x250, ridley.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Have to write a personal essay
>about a positive/special event in our life
>all I can think about is why I'm a piece of shit and general horrible experiences
I still have no idea what the hell to write about that isn't emotional baggage, boring, and significant after having this assignment for like a week.
And the first draft is due tomorrow.

>> No.8129620

Just spent 2 hours fixing a tangled wig, feels good^___^

Should probably go to sleep but this is my last night alone before my family comes home, better work hard on cosplays^u^

>> No.8129623
File: 888 KB, 400x252, 553021194.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>be black
>Move out of the south

>Boys actually give me the time of day
>People don't treat me like shit for wearing lolita
>My friends see me as a human being, and not as a stereotype (aka we can hang out and I don't have to hear 200 fried chicken jokes)
>I can go for walks without people giving me the stink eye, making racist comments, and locking their doors when I pass
>having a small interest in anime/vidya is quite normal and you wont be treated like crap for it
>Old white people are actually really cute and adorable instead of terrible human beings that spew racist bullshit at you

The cultural differences amaze me, and I'm still getting used to it.

Its just nice to be treated human. I've lived here for quite some time now, and my friends are probably tired of me still trying to find differences, but its all so fascinating to me!

>> No.8129624

>>8129620
4chan is 18+

>> No.8129627
File: 83 KB, 197x275, 1404009587645.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>wants to make a youtube channel while in lolita
>doesn't want to get dragged into drama like a lot of other youtube lolita's end up having happen to them. I don't wanna deal with that shit.

Damn.

>> No.8129636

>>8129620
>^___^
>^u^

ew.

>> No.8129639

>>8129623
Oh I'm sorry that you had to go through all that shit. Being from a pretty liberal country, it gets tiring to hear about muh oppression over and over again, when in reality people aren't treated much differently here, but it's disheartening to hear that actual racism is alive and well from someone that doesn't have tumblr goggles on. I'm glad that you are living in a better place now anon!

>> No.8129648

>>8129623
I want to give you a hug. I'm glad you're out of there.

>> No.8129654
File: 34 KB, 640x478, 1416784828106.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8122757
>have to dye hair
>finally find perfect shade of hair dye
>while on a trip, last year
>in a random country in the Balkans
>I live on the opposite side of Europe and they only sell the shittiest box dyes known to man and nothing but 8000000 shades of blonde + everything is overpriced as fuck
>mfw nobody here even knows how to use bleach on my hair and ends up turning it greenish orange, yet charge me ~€100 for it
>I'm so desperate that I'm importing my hair dye from Macedonia
the pains of being a prematurely greying ?ginger

>> No.8129660

>>8129623
I moved countries and was amazed that I didn't get a million "go home", "your English is SO GOOD" or "bloody immigrants taking our jobs" comments, and everyone was quite positive about me being there even though I was a migrant there (and am not in my home country, despite the comments). Your situation sounds way worse though, really glad you're out of there!

>> No.8129669

>>8129660
where from/where to? I'm an immigrant myself but I'm white and fluent in their native language so people usually just look really surprised. A classmate of mine, who's black, did say however that people have forbid him to enter some restaurants and shops in this same country. I was floored.

>> No.8129672

>>8129669
forbidden*
it's 2AM

>> No.8129680

>>8129639
>>8129648
ah, thank you.
from my experience living in the south, most bad things you hear about it are true unfortunately.

And with Tumblr SJWs, you'd never know with them. if a white person looks at a minority they'd scream racism. They go out of their way to get offended at things.

I'm glad there's nothing wrong with me. and that it was just my location that I had these difficulties with people.
>>8129660
I'm glad you're having a great time as well! Location matters.
I'd say, even if you aren't having problems with your race, but find everyone in your location to be crappy, definitely move!

>> No.8129682

>>8129669
From Perth in Australia to London in the UK. I'm Chinese but my ancestors were in Australia to mine gold in the 19th century...so we don't really speak Chinese at all

>> No.8129717
File: 25 KB, 250x250, 1397712355338.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>haven't bought lolita in ages
>finding myself looking for/at Bodyline items
>past experience w/BL mostly unsatisfactory
>not even into sweet, but really itching for macaron print among others

I'd like to have more pieces I can wear casually, but man, I'm scared that i'll end up wasting my money with a boat load of items that I might dislike because of the quality.

>> No.8129744
File: 113 KB, 400x299, errp.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I bought all these lolita clothes, just to wear it randomly, and I've only ever been to one meet-up.
I've meet people at cons, but never keep in contact.
I can't find a way to relate to people because I don't actually have any deep-rooted interests and, well, I'm just plain fucking boring.

I mean, I'm cute and very polite and nice and all, but the more I realize it, just more I see that I'm just not suited to have relationships [ie. friendships] with people.
It's exhausting to me.
A part of me wants to want to have good friends I can geek out with, talk to and confide in, but the other part just wants to be a hermit.

I have one very serious interest and joy, and that's my job. Unfortunately, my job is.. unconventional and has a stigma attached to it. >inb4 sex worker
No, nothing like that.

I always get so mad at myself for self-inflicting these problems on myself. I am seriously at a loss.

The post is mostly me bitching. Sorry about that.

>> No.8129752

>>8129744
You're probably an introvert and that's fine. Find other introverts to hang with. Or not, then read up on how to socialize / watch and emulate others. I'm pretty shit at instinctively socializing (and pretty bland in most of my interests), but I make friends pretty easily nowadays thanks to just being good at faking it till I make it.

>> No.8129753

>>8129744
Are you like a funeral person/medical examiner?

>> No.8129762

>>8129744
It's all cool. Some of us are a bit more selective of who we want to be with. I make a lot of acquaintances from cons and meets, but I only have a handful of friends I can be comfortable with - and even then, socializing can be pretty exhausting. It just takes a bit of effort to make connections and balance to keep yourself sane on your part.

Do you have any friends or ways to network with anyone related to your job?

>> No.8129800

>>8129744
In Japan lolita is treated more as a hobby like you've explained, often something people in 9-5 jobs do part time to let off steam, it's considered normal, so you shouldn't let anything hold you back, anon. I am similar to you in the extreme-introvert way but everybody needs human contact and I find meetups and being able to indulge my weeb side with nice, like-minded people to be perfect for me. Be sure to bring your unique personality as well and you'll be a welcome member of whatever group, im sure. What do you do for work? I'm guessing mortician or something like that

>> No.8129958

>>8129752
>>8129753
>>8129762
>>8129800

Thanks, gulls.
I do know that I'm an extreme introvert, but it's always bee so hard for me to fully accept. Especially when I see people my age going out for drinks, clubbing, having fun, hanging out and shit. idk. Society shines on extroverts and I've always wanted to have that stamina, I guess.

But for real, you guys make me feel better. Thanks.

On a sidenote, I really don't feel comfortable revealing my job title, but I will say that you are not correct in your guesses. I'm really sorry, but I just can't say what it is, and I can't confirm or deny any further guesses.

I've actually tried to connect with and interact with others in my profession, but holy shit 90% of them are absolutely nuts, and not in a good way. Also have a high tendency to stir up heated drama. I avoid drama and confrontation like the plague.
I'll stick with quietly watching cgl drama unfold while I nibble popcorn, thnx.

>> No.8130025

>tfw new housemates
>their kids are the cutest
>I was cooking in fairy kei and the little girl just stares at me cutely and gives me the biggest grin when I say hi
>don't know their names, or their parents names
>I just got a wiiU and want to invite them to play it
>I'm really good with kids, I've been a camp conceler

I'm a grown ass woman.
I don't know how to approach them to be like "hey nice to meet you, your kids can play wiiu with me"

I'm socially anxious as hell.

>> No.8130108
File: 436 KB, 500x286, Patrick-Star-Blushing-With-a-Love-Struck-Expression-On-Spongebob-Squarepants[1].gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>post in previous thread about being tired and jealous of everyone else's friends in community
>anon says to reach out to less important people
>blah. fine.
>japanese fan tries talking to me
>broken english and super cute
>then she tweets in japanese about how she's so glad she learned english and she can communicate to me (tagged on twitter)
>tfw

thanks anon. I feel good about my hobby again.

>> No.8130992

>>8129958
>Society shines on extroverts and I've always wanted to have that stamina, I guess.

Ugh, I know that feel all too well. Thank goodness for the internet. I wouldn't know where to reach other people like us without it.

I hate that this kind of culture of shining extroverts puts a damper on my dream job of doing something in management. It seems so expected for people in upper management to be so dynamic.

Ugh, also, speaking of jobs, I'm really hating where I work. I'm sooo done with the hourly associate life. I'm getting hours cut and my work days are so inconsistent. I'm trying to save aside for student loan repayments, medical bills, to move to a different state, a little well-earned vacation, retirement, and I want a little left over for lolita, but I don't know how it's going to happen unless I'm able to pick up a 2nd/better paying job. I helped my mom book and pay for a plane ticket to see her family - so that's gone down the drain. Because my dad's still helping me out with past tuition, my mom isn't going to pay me back, but use part of what she owes me into paying for my new tires for my dad.

I'm sorry for sounding so ungrateful, but I think I'd feel more secure if it weren't for my employment situation because when I worry about money, it sort of drives me nuts.

>tfw should have grabbed that calling center job as soon as I got it

>> No.8131021

>>8129623
Glad for you, anon!
>tfw you moved cross country from "is you white or is you black? Or Mexican? You gotta be one, what are you? Why do you like China stuff? Are you from China?" And to mom "excuse me... Who are you?" because all the darkest kids went home already.
To
>"Hey, is that anime? Come sit with us, anon!" And "ah, you must be Annonette's mother, you have the same smile!" because being mixed is a thing here and no one treats her like a child napper.

>> No.8131088

>tfw only want to lose weight and look fancier because of cosplay
>tfw bmi of 22, which is socially fine
>tfw this wine is also fine but it is not helping with these ridonculous legs of mine

I would lose those few kg so easilly if I stopped drinking AND gain a better skin too!
>would

>> No.8131186

>tfw bitch from highschool is now a reasonably known "kawaii" scene queen
>tfw mutual friends think i'm copying her because i'm a fan
>tfw i've been into cute japanese shit since before any of them even heard of the word kawaii

goddammit i just want them to leave me out of their dumb lives.

>> No.8131580

>>8130025

How did you move into someones house and not know their name?

>> No.8131597

>tfw have no female friends and no idea how to make any.
>Want to participate in my local con.
>Everyone already has their friends within the group and I'm too fucking awkward to actually talk to any of them.

There's going to be a fun-sounding Sailor-themed meet in a couple of months, so I'll put together a coord and give it another go.

On an entirely unrelated feel;
>Buy Dear Celine Frothy mk1 petticoat.. Five, six years ago?
>Due to circumstances sell off all of my non-staple loli immediately afterwards.
>Finally able to start buying/wearing it again!
>Petticoat has finally begun to deflate. ;~;7

>> No.8131740

>kitten died in surgery three weeks ago
>great-grandmother very nearly died two weeks ago
>two of my former close friends broke up and have been shoving the drama in me and my bf's faces
>one of the friends tried to kill the other a few days ago by choking her
>everyone's apparently fucking cool with it now, boyfriend is even staying at clearly unstable dude's house for a week to "make him feel better"

I can't keep doing this. This has been the worst month of my life and my friends are supposed to be making it better, but they are literally making shit 5x worse. I'm constantly on the verge of breaking down. I'm considering cutting everyone of my current friends out of my life and hanging out more with my high school crowd... they are so much more chill and don't try to fucking kill each other over petty bullshit.

But all I can think of to make myself even remotely forget about the bad things is to buy a whole bunch of dresses... closet child and lm have sooo many good things up now, but the bf wants to move away soon so I have to save money, plus a convention or two is coming up... of course, he doesn't have a job nor is he seriously looking for one so it sure is fun having all of this financial burden piling up on me alone!! It's also really fun wanting to cope with the stress of everything by buying more stuff, thereby making everything worse for myself!

>> No.8132294

>>8131580
they moved into the house I'm renting a room from.

>> No.8132301
File: 30 KB, 500x425, tumblr_inline_n82czmNSoe1rbw4b5.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Grandfather died suddenly two weeks ago.
>His funeral is today.
>I haven't cried since he died, no matter how much I've wanted to.
>Have been distracting myself from grief by planning larp shit and co-ords.
>My mum's coming to pick me up in 5 hours, I haven't changed out of my work uniform, bathed or slept.
>None of my friends are online because it's 5 in the morning and I'm slowly getting more anxious.

Fuck, I can't cope.

>> No.8132309

>>8132301
Add me up loser.
You have steam, right?

>> No.8132332

>>8132309
What's your username? I'm on my tablet right now, my laptop's doing a massive update.

>> No.8132337

>>8132332
Doctor ZERO

>> No.8132345

>>8132332
>>8132337
"Former Dick Drawing Legend" is the one you want, ignore the rest.

>> No.8132352

>>8132345
Sorry dude, there's like 100,000 results I can't seem to find you.

>> No.8132551
File: 256 KB, 500x383, tumblr_mw4jhkRjcj1s03nczo2_500.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>do cosplay commissions
>get inquiry about design I like a lot
>send lots of emails back and forth
>really excited thinking about making it
>send price quote
>emails stop

Happens every time I'm really excited about something. Ah well I'm just stuck in school uniform hell.

>> No.8132628

>>8131186
Abipop? also
>tfw google thinks you're a robot every damn time

>> No.8132699
File: 10 KB, 356x356, 1409096398227.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>tfw my makeup runs at a meet but no one tells me
>tfw I now have a really obnoxious black splotch on my cheek in every single picture
How fucking hard is it to say "hey anon, you have something on your face"?

>> No.8132700

TFW 4chan captchas are a gamble of working or not
dammit, anyone else having this issue?

>>8132551
what was it?

>> No.8132721

>>8132699
no one likes you

>> No.8132743

>>8131186
Who is it?

>> No.8132746

>>8129958
Are...are you the president?

Sorry I just pictured Obama sighing in front of his computer looking sorrowfully at his burando.

>> No.8132763
File: 500 KB, 500x375, 3fab5u.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>be me, wearing a cute casual outfit
>out with friends, they are in meh tier lolita
>We see some of their friends who are doing some type of photoshoot
>stop to chat
>Their friends make a point to complement MY outfit

>> No.8132772

>>8129958
It's an anonymous board and you have no friends. There's no reason to hide your profession, this is beyond retarted.

>> No.8132790
File: 49 KB, 300x225, 1418690547474.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>tfw male anon with no friends who like anime/manga/cons, etc.
>tfw I worked as stand-in security for some of my friends at con
>tfw I barely had any free time to do shit
>tfw I missed most of the good stuff
>tfw this is the only way I'll ever be at a con

>> No.8132824

Basically, a friend of mine has been making most the girls in the friendship group uncomfortable. Poor bastard has autism, but what he dos just oversteps so many boundaries.

>His friend, B, has a girlfriend named O
>We're all friends
He tried forcing her to cuddle him on a couch at the friends house with her boyfriend less then a meter away from him, his back turned playing vidya (XBox Kinect Adventures, I think.)
>He looked down between her legs earlier that day and told her she shouldn't be sitting like that (We were in the pool, she's afraid of swimming due to a drowning experience)
and tried kissingthe homeowner onthe lips with her consent (They're not dating, he just tried to o it out of the blue)
>Stared at my chest for a few minutes as I was talking to some friends, then says that I'm not wearing a shirt whilst STILL STARING at my chest
Inside when sitting next to him, he wraps hi arm around me and places his hand on my thigh whilst I'm talking to someone about Mass Effect cosplay
>Plays on all the girls fears like O's fear of losing her boyfriend due to anxiety and my fer of dating people due to seeing my mother's relationships go down the drain
>Forced me to cuddle him at another friends house when nearly everyone left but the home owner and her boyfriend plus me and him
>He has a crush on said home owner and won't let it go, pretty much tearing the group apart and picking fights with her boyfriend
>Always tries to look at what your doing on your phone if you have out.
>Always asks insensitive and personal questions

At the moment, everyone is angry at him for doing this shit. I don't know what to do.

>> No.8132826

>>8132824
Without her consent*

>> No.8132848
File: 459 KB, 384x288, mfw.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Go to see Phantom Of the Opera in London
>fall in love with it
>"Next time I go, it'll be so cool to wear the haenuli OP"
>angel of the night preorders are finished before I get paid
>try not to cry
>cry a lot

>> No.8132878

>>8129660
Are you Dutch? Dutch people always move to the USA or the UK and are so shocked they aren't treated differently.
English speaking Dutch people usually have 0 accent and blend in anywhere in the English speaking world.

It's so cute when they have to insist they're foriegners and everyone's like "are you from x english speaking country?"

>> No.8132884

>>8130025
Offer to babysit, all parents with Young kids jump at the chance for free baby sitting.
Try and introduce yourself, the longer you wait, the harder it gets

>> No.8132885

>>8132878
I'm just a retarded American but I learned in my European Geography class that a few dialects of Dutch are actually the closet language to English there is so that totes makes sense.

>> No.8132888

All the nasty itas who blatantly wore their frills to go see 50 shades.

>> No.8132891

>>8132885
I heard that the reason why English accents and Australian accents share similarities while American accents are very different is because American accents are mixed with Dutch (and oth r European accents).
I'm from the Uk and I keep meeting Dutch people who later tell me they're Dutch and I'm so shocked because their accent is either neutral or a little bit American sounding (which some English people pick up from too much tv anyway!).

I admire multilingual people so much, I love especially thinking somebody is a native speaker and finding they're not. It's no coincidence I've only dated bilingual guys, haha.

>> No.8132900

>>8132885
>>8132885
Yes, English is a Germanic language and closest related to Dutch. It just borrowed a lot of its vocabulary from Romance languages, so people often confuse it for such.

>> No.8132905

>>8132878
>tfw that happened to me
I'm a Slav though, but when I used to live in the States people were convinced that I'm from northern US or Canada. I tried to tell them differently but some of them even insisted and tried to convince ME, kek.
It's because we listen to it a lot, I think.

>> No.8132956
File: 1.61 MB, 372x201, 1424321913443.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I desperately need a gold heart/star bag.
>tfw nobody is selling
>tfw that awesome crown bag I saw during the AP fashion show hasn't been released yet
>http://www.youtubemultiplier.com/51e241d26e51e-chimpcon-1-repeat-chimpcon-1.php

>> No.8132972

>>8132824
Even with autism this shit is not okay. If you're close enough you need to sit him down and tell him in very clear terms which behaviors are completely unacceptable. If he can't learn, then it's time to cut him out.

>> No.8133069

>>8132746
You have no idea how badly I want this to be true.

>> No.8133076

>>8132824
Punch that creeper in the face or something. Don't let him treat you like that.

A good knee to the balls should stop him from forcing you to cuddle.

>> No.8133085

>>8132824
I have autism too and IMO if he's socially aware enough to play on people's fears and manipulate them he's aware enough to know that he's making you guys very uncomfortable. Call him out on it and see how he reacts. If he apologizes and promises to stop you can try to work with him on his behaviour, but if he throws a fit and blames you/his autism then he's just a douche in addition to an autist. I've met plenty of people who use their autism as an excuse for their shitty behaviour even though they're just being cunts, and they give all of us a bad name.

>> No.8133092

>>8132885
Frysian. It honestly sounds more like English than any Dutch dialect.

>> No.8133118

>tfw I just fixed my sewing machine troubles with a well-aimed smack
I don't know how to feel. I should probably get it serviced just in case but I have no way of transporting it and the thing is damn heavy.

>> No.8133121

>>8126776
Anon there's a group for tall lolitas on FB you should join

>> No.8133251

Hey guys, have you ever been scammed?
I'm very worried because I took an extra day to ship something. I kept in contact with the girl and told her i'd send it soon but she filed a claim and I've already shipped the dress and i don't know what to do... I can't afford to lose this money. She was very persistent on getting the dress right away, so i gave it to my mom but she never mailed it. I took matters into my own hands and shipped it this morning. Now i'm waiting for her response.. I also don't want to get a bad review on Lacemarket since I don't want to get a bad reputation.. I knew i shouldn't have sold it to her since she has no feedback. I'm so nervous.

>> No.8133256

>>8126749
>>8126997
>>8128254
>>8128483
Yeah...I see what you guys are saying. I'm pretty fucking ticked off at him because apparently he's selling the thing I bought as a way to spite me. Also he said he found a new "best friend", some girl named Bridget that's in his class, and apparently they've made plans for future cons without me.

I fucked up though. I could have been a lot more mature when I snapped at him, because I said some pretty shitty things. But I'm beginning to realize what a horrible friend he is so maybe it's a blessing that he's out of my life.

>> No.8133263

>>8133251
Send her the tracking info. If you didn't get tracking, you are dumb. An extra day is fine usually, but you need proof you sent it.

>> No.8133269

>>8133263
I did sent her tracking. Do you think paypal would side with me if i showed them everything? I'm mostly nervous about the lacemarket review because she'll probably give me a negative response even though i kept in contact with her and told her it'd take me an extra day and everything. I'm super spooked.

>> No.8133277

>order wig from Amazon, comes in great, want to order more from seller
>only has a few wigs
>turns out they sell mostly sex toys

why

>> No.8133278
File: 172 KB, 600x450, enhanced-buzz-26407-1332513888-4.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>starting out in lolita after admiring it for years
>no comm, live in the middle of nowhere, expect everyone to hate it except my weeb sis
>fine with it since I'd been into weirder fashion before and my sis and I are tight
>wear lolita out for first time
>everyone has no idea wtf I'm wearing but they're super nice and compliment my outfit
>come home
>say hi to sister
>"ew are you wearing lolita?"
>mfw
I'd be cool with her not liking it if she weren't so vocal about it and whenever I get excited about something I bought she comes over and says I'm trying too hard.

>> No.8133280

>>8133269
Paypal will side with you and tell he to cool her jets if you show them that it's on the way. As long as it's delivered, she can't do jack shit about it being a few days late.

I don't understand why people are so fucking uppity about a day or two here or there. Sellers have actual lives too.

I had some guy on ebay flip because I took two days to ship out a router, because I worked 8-6 those two days... which are the hours that they PO is open.

>> No.8133284

>make kigu for friend for Katsu
>tons of people asking where he bought it, saying they really like it
>friend says I should make and sell kigus
>can't do it because I'm such a perfectionist and I hated so much about his kigu because I could have made it look better
>didn't fix it because not enough time
>could be rolling in dough but can't because perfectionism

How do I get over it? There's always something that I wish was better when I make something. People thought he BOUGHT it and I still thought it looked like shit.

>> No.8133297

>>8132824
He is using his autism as an excuse. Don't let him get away wth it.

My sister does that, she has ADHD and if she doesn't have her medicine she acts up on purpose (even when we calmly tell her she's acting up and she needs to calm down and get herself under control) she'll just yell "I DON'T HAVE MY PATCH ON I CAN'T HELP IT" and continue what she's doing. Kicker is, I also have ADHD, and I'd have had the shit slapped out of me if I'd done something like that when I was her age.

ADHD =/= no self control
Autism =/= no self control

Don't let people use their disorders as excuses because they'll just keep doing it because they can get away with it. You can't coddle these people. They need to be firmly taught what is or is not okay.

>> No.8133304

>>8133280
Ah, I suppose you're right. It was only a day. No ones ever filed a claim against me and I've heard horror stories about scammers so i woke up to an e-mail from paypal and I almost panicked. I guess now all there is to worry about is a potential negative review. Thankfully I have the proof of shipment scanned and everything might be okay.

>> No.8133309

>>8133284
The more you make the less you care, I feel.

>> No.8133340

>>8133256
Why would you buy him something expensive if he had a past history of taking advantage of you? And what was it anyway? You have to be careful when lending someone money unless you know they're reliable and trustworthy. From what you described about him blowing you off and stuff it sounds like he is neither of those things.

>> No.8133345

>>8133297
ADHD isn't in the same vein as autism you idiot. People with autism actually have issues in their brains understanding the differences between right and wrong easily. You need to tell them the same things over and over time and again before they get it. That's a fact, not some dumb lack of self control.

>> No.8133394

>>8133284
Post it and we'll tell you if it's good enough/what to change.

>> No.8133401

>>8133345
I was going to say a huge paragraph about how adhd and autism have very many similarities and that some researchers believe they're just on different ends on some scale of severity but my browser crashed and honestly fuck it because he probably has been told to cut that kind of behavior out, repeatedly. If he'd been to any special ed sessions he'd probably been told that that kind of shit is not ok. A kid in my theatre program kept trying to grab everyone's tits but he was like "oh I didn't know better lol I guess it's because I'm autistic" even though he'd been told about a dozen times before he got socked in the jaw, which was thoroughly embarrassing for myself as someone with autism because people kept giving him passes for it because "well he's autistic so it's probably just something autistic people do."
Also, autistics have problems differentiating what is socially acceptable and unacceptable, not right and wrong, that's psychopathy if I'm remembering correctly.

>> No.8133414

>>8133277
What's wrong, anon? You don't like sex toys?

>> No.8133417

>>8133401
Thank you.

>>8133345
And the point I was getting at in the first place is that if the person has been told that their behaviour is not okay, it doesn't matter what disorder they have, they should learn not to do it. As other anon said, autism is *mainly a social disorder. They have issues with social interaction and behaviour, not "gee willy, someone told me that this thing is wrong, I'm going to do it anyway because what is right and wrong?"

>>8133414
I have no issue with sex toys, it was just a REALLY nice wig and I wanted more. I'm disappointed that there aren't any more.

Also I opened the shop up in front of my mother.

>> No.8133485

>>8133345
as someone with autism

you can learn social skills, to some degree at least.
anyone who uses muh autism as an excuse can go suck a dick

>> No.8133497

>>8133278
She just jelly. Maybe see if she wants to get into the fashion to?

>tfw no sister to wear lolita with

Oh well, at least my brother knows what it is (we've even gone to the Baby store once; hmm...I should ask him to get something for me now that he lives in NYC).

How far in the boondocks do you live, anon? I'm sure that there are lolitas in the woodworks.

>> No.8133503
File: 727 KB, 500x264, meinsides.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8133497
too*

>>8132956
try Evil Live. Shipping might be hella expensive since they're based in S. Korea, so check with the reseller group Lolita Collective first.

dumb/silly feel, but
>every time I see the name Lolita Collective pop up
>think of Animal Collective
>mfw

>> No.8133617

>>8133340
It was a handmade wooden staff that a man was selling at a Renaissance festival. I had gotten one for myself because I wanted to make a wizard costume for the next year, and he wanted one too so we could both be wizards together. He had spent all of his money on other stuff but I had a ton left, and he promised he'd pay me back as soon as possible. That thing was $60.

You're right that I shouldn't have trusted him. At the time I was just really excited that I was going to be a wizard with my best friend. It didn't really occur to me.

>> No.8133652

>>8133497
My younger sister thinks lolita looks dumb but she insists on trying to come to meet ups with me because she "likes to make friends with cool alternative people". She thinks it makes her look edgy and impressive, but I can tell people get irritated by her pretending she "gets" fandom and lolita related jokes when she knows absolutely nothing.

>> No.8133659

>>8132790
>no friends with your interests

Same here man, I might just get a job at a con or some shit if I ever want to attend one.

>> No.8133700

>>8132972
>>8133076
>>8133085

Thanks guys. A friend of mine who isn't in the group but is my closet friend told me either a) Kick him in the balls or b) Tell him to stop. He now knows not to touch medue to me talking him down (He seemed to be blaming me for him touching me.) Said Close friend really wants to beat the shit out of him. And the girl he cuddled. and her boyfriend. and his brother and his best mate. Everyone wants to smash him.

>> No.8133784

>>8132891
Are you talking about Midwestern accents?

>> No.8133805

>>8132772
Seconded. I'm losing sleep over this shit. The people have a right to know.

>> No.8133809

>>8133700
You all need to sit him down and talk to him together. Tell him to knock his shot off or he's gone. If you do it together he can't say it's just you who has a problem with him.

>> No.8133812

>>8132884
Every time they see me I'm in my pajamas running to the bathroom or cooking
they try to avoid me when I'm doing etiher lol.
I think I might try that today, but I'm scared they will try to take advantage of me,

>> No.8133851
File: 7 KB, 216x233, 1424069948176.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>just checked his fb page
>in a relationship since 2010

>> No.8133916
File: 93 KB, 480x640, 1417301746664.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8132824
ahaahaha wait can someone please tell me why you allow people like this into your personal life?

this guy lives with you?
why did you allow that?
how old are you?
is he the friend with the $$$$$$$ that you need for rent?

I laugh at people who share stories like this.
its like slicing your finger off cooking and saying "ahh it'll grow back on its own"

>> No.8133936

>>8132790
>>8133659
Hey friendos.

>> No.8134212
File: 833 KB, 599x599, obamachan.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8132746
>>8133069
How do you know it's not?

>>8132772
Plunge the knife deeper, anon. My heart is weeping.

>> No.8134221

>>8133916
Nah, he doesn't live with any of us. Actually, I have no idea where he lives.

>> No.8134247
File: 20 KB, 350x266, punch.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Have animu poster on wall in shitty frame
>Don't measure poster
>Buy new frame
>Frame is too small
>Order different poster to fit this new frame out of anger

>Me and some friends try to get table at a con
>Get waist listed
>Assume we won't get in
>Everyone stops their projects
>Get the call today we got a table
>Con is on April 11 and no one is prepared
> SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT

>> No.8134251

>>8134247
>wait listed
Dammit I hate my computer

>> No.8134301

>>8134221
why is he around you then?

>> No.8134426
File: 141 KB, 300x375, Frillbama.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8134212
Rori Obama is the best Obama

>> No.8134487

>bf living with grandparents
>grandparents are nice but dumb as shit
>let bf's dumb as shit wangster cousin live with them
>dumb as shit wangster cousin has a sweet dog that also lives with them
>sweet dog is flea infested because wangster cousin is too goodamn stupid to properly take care of the poor thing
>fleas spread to bf's poor cat
>bf tries everything he can afford to rid his cat and living space of flees
>meanwhile, dumbfuck family doesn't do shit, dog continually bringing in more fleas from wherever wangster cousin brings her, flea medications and cleanings pretty much rendered useless
>cycle continues

>suddenly wake up to itchy welts on ankles and feet
>Hell fucking no
>fleas in my goddamn apartment now
>no pets, so they feast on me like diets have gone out of style
>be allergic to bug bites, each bite ends up the size of a nickel and itches and burns like a motherfuck
>you're paying to get them the fuck out, you inbred wankers
>"whatever anon just vacuum"
>not even a goddamn apology

Relevant to /cgl/
>sold some lolita items very recently
>fucking Hell please, tell me I didn't just send off the plague to some other poor victims across the country

Also
>watching the cute animal 'help' thread
>tfw no loving pet
>tfw dumbass wangster douche has a loving pet and just lets her get eaten alive, along with cat
I can't fucking believe these filthy people.

>> No.8134540

>>8134487
Dump your bf.

>> No.8134621
File: 427 KB, 800x1177, republic-of-the-feelippines_o_2159451.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>have friend over
>friend wants to play dress ups in my clothes
>I say yes
She looked so much better than me in all of my clothes. I dont know if I will ever be able to wear lolita again without feeling like a fat fuck.

>> No.8134638

>>8134540
I know his gross family definitely won't take responsibility for the fleas at my place if I do, so I'm waiting it out until they do something about it. But I'm dropping all ties with every last one of them once the fleas are all gone, for sure.
I'm so damn disgusted, not sure how these people can live the way they do.

>> No.8134640

>>8134487
I don't think fleas can live that long on clothing unless they have something to feed off, so you're probably ok.

>> No.8134641

>>8131597
So talk to them.
I know that sounds harsh, and that's because it is.
Don't give me any excuses Anon, if you want to make friends then go out and make friends.
I didn't say "try" either, whatever you need to do to succeed you fucking do it.
You got me?

>> No.8134655

>>8122757
>be bogfag with Carrie-tier religious parents
>have had 2 boyfriends before but haven't done anything with them past kissing
>be with new bf for 2 years
>lose my virginity to him
>he eventually starts complaining that I don't do anything in bed and can't give handjobs for shit
>is now really reluctant to do anything with me because I'm so terrible in bed
>mfw basically a virgin again since he hasn't touched me in at least a year
>I feel guilty over it because my friends are saying it's embarrassing that someone in their 20s doesn't know what to do in bed
>other people I know are saying that I'm basically a filthy whore if I do know
I don't get it, what am I supposed to do? Juggle? Do pantomime? Am I a whore or a prude? Fucking decide already. I don't know what people want of me anymore.
Also I sense a breakup coming but it's fine since I've had time to get over it.

>> No.8134782

>>8134301
Because we're one big group of friends. Half of us are worried that people will yell at us because he's autistic and we're telling him to stop doing this shit.

>> No.8134789

>>8134655
Have you talked to him about the fact that you were a virgin before him? TBH I would say just ask him what he'd like you to do. Or, failing that, read up on it.

Also anon, everyone gains sexual experience at different times, there's no inherent shame in being very experienced or very inexperienced.

>> No.8134811

>bidding on cheap yahoo auctions shit
>suddenly, a wild shopping service appears!

Fuck you man.

>> No.8134864

>>8134789
I have, he knew about it when we started dating.
The thing is when I ask him he is either very vague or wants me to do weird shite like choke him or be this dominatrix character that I'm absolutely not suited for. Maybe because I'm a wee bit loud and argumentative outside of the relationship, I don't know what made him like me in the first place.

I always end up feeling so ashamed of everything.

>> No.8134873

>>8134864

It's not because he thinks you're suited for it, it's because it's what he wants and that's what gets him off.

It's like how I want my bf to dominate me but I have a sneaking suspicion he's not suited for it, but it doesn't hurt to try anyways.

That aside, I think there are some huge communication issues - it is not your sexuality that is the problem. I'm honestly not what sure to advise, other than really honest talk about what you both want sexually or otherwise.

>> No.8134875

>>8134873

And I'm sorry if I didn't emphasize it enough before, it's not your fault for the way you are. While it's nice to do something for your SO that they like, you should not feel pressured at all to do whatever he wants. Just talk to him and see what's up.

>> No.8134880

>>8134540
>Dump your bf.

This is a meme by this point, right? Literally any time anyone mentions a BF, there is multiple posts saying to dump him.

>> No.8134886

>>8134880

Yeah, pretty much

>my bf doesn't think lolita is flattering!
>dump your bf
>my bf fought with me once and I don't know how to solve problems!
>dump your bf
>I'm having communication issues with my bf!
>dump your bf
>my bf isn't into cosplay!
>dump
>yo
>bf

>> No.8134927

>>8132891
Now this is a personal theory that I haven't read up on but I'm pretty sure the American Southern accent is heavily influenced by African languages because if you listen to African blend languages like Gullah and dialects of Creole it sounds like a really thick Southern Accent.

>> No.8134934

>>8133277
The best wig I ever bought on Aliexpress came from a seller who sold like 20 wigs and then 100's of bronze statues. They went from figures that were knee high up to giant life sized horse statues.

>> No.8134941

>>8133297
Dude I feel this so much. My parents would have beat my ass for the same stuff they let my brother get away with. They tried to get him an IEP at school so his teacher would have to blame his condition on some of the shit he did. All the stuff my mom would beat me for when I was little we have to ignore and be understanding about. She has a list from his school psychologist of symptoms he exhibits that we have to ignore and I literally did all the same shit.

>> No.8134946

>>8134487
Dude, my grandpa's house was cray infested once even though he only had one cat and would do flea bombs and the most effective flea treatments he could find only for it to not work. Turns out there was a whole colony of stray cats living in the crawl space under his house.

>> No.8134986

>>8133345
If someone with autism can't act relatively decent when hanging out with other people, then they need supervision from a parent or caretaker when out and about. No question about it.

Kid at my school has assburgers and used it as an excuse to say lewd things to girls and touch them inappropriately because "MAH AUTISM!!"
I knew the kids sister, because she was really sweet and nerdy and in my grade and stuff, and she was so frustrated over it, because her mother coddled him for it and genuinely believed he couldn't control himself.
Meanwhile, I knew a few other people with aspergers who worked hard to keep their impulses under control and don't openly grope girls and tell them how they wish they could feel how soft their tits are.
So fuck 'em.

>> No.8134994

>>8134880
>>8134886
Though in fairness the boyfriend sounds like a nutless twink.
>hurr I'm not going to kick out my wanker cousin who's taking advantage of nice people & infesting my gf's entire family with fleas

>> No.8135075

>>8134994

From the sounds of it, it's the Grandparent's house and not the BF's.

>> No.8135080

>>8134638
>>8134880
Everything would work out if she did.

>> No.8135101

>>8134487
Vacuum every day, put a flea collar on your cat, get that shit that you sprinkle in the carpets to kill them. If you're nervous about using that, bakind soda can actually do a really good job of killing fleas in carpets.

There's also this shit called Wondercide, its a cedar oil mixture that fucks pretty much all bugs, so maybe buy a bottle of that and rub a little on tour cat/spray it around the house until the fleas are gone.

That wondercide shit is incredible, it even got rid of my dog's mites when the vet told us wed have to pay for an extremely expensive and potentially dangerous toxic bath to kill them.

You can also make a mix of lemon oil, lavender oil, water, a drop of dish soap, and some vinegar to help repel the bugs.

My bfs cats got fleas and they had the hardest time getting rid of them until we bought the wondercide.

> http://www.wondercide.com/

>> No.8135246

>>8134946
that sounds really awesome (cat colony) and horrifying at the same time (fleas).

>>8134487
where are you from? just in case i bought something and need to prepare myself.

>> No.8135251

>got the flu and is feverish
>missed labyrinth skirt in sax for cheap
>missed labyrinth tights in sax for cheap
>all this happened in 2 days
>tfw i get sick and dream items pop up and disappear

fuck this gay earth

>> No.8135303

I've put four inches on my waist and I'm 8 stone 10lb when i was 8 stone 2lb before i'm devastated, i fit all my burando still but the fact it's that bit tighter is so depressing
I have no idea if I'll be able to lose weight just dieting (cutting down to 1200 calories) and doing 10 minutes of hit work outs a day because my motivation is destroyed due to a really bad depression relapse so I can't get my self out to the gym
I just want my burando to fit better and one day do my dream Jolyne cosplay urgh

>> No.8135527

>>8135101
Flea collars are actually not a very nice thing to put on an animal, it can lead to skin irritations among other things, and generally isn't effective. Just use the proper flea treatment tablets or liquid you spot on the back of the cat's neck, it works better than anything else because it completely destroys the flea life cycle and the chemicals aren't potent enough to be harmful to the animal.

>> No.8135534

>>8122894
If they're wanting to go abroad, it can be very difficult taking animals with you because of quarantine and restrictions. Tortoises aren't allowed to be kept as pets in many countries.

>> No.8135628

>>8135303
Anon, first of all, no. Just no.
1200kcal less than what you normally take would just make that depression more unfun.

Secondly, I didn't bother turning stones into kilograms because I'm a faggot and just no.
If you want to lose weight go anywhere between your BMR (aproc 1350kcal-1600kcal) and "adviced" daily kcal intake (aprox 1990-2100).

But get a goddamn psych and dietrician in your life. And if you're in m'rrica and don't have this mess covered by insurance, MOVE OR VOTE?

No need to look pretty if you can't fucking feel pretty.

>> No.8135705
File: 3.00 MB, 421x437, 1422420143064.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>hang out with new friends
>one of my friends asks me to bring a lolita outfit to wear when I sleep over her place
>ok
>I do her up all cute as an oldschool lolita (classic black x white dress)
>this guy hardcore into lolicon looks at her and says "sexy"
>she goes over to him and sits on his lap
>She has a boyfriend and its not this guy
>realize immediately that this is an ageplay thing
>she looks at me and says "hey, can you sleep on the couch? he wants to sleep in my bed tonight."
>ohhhh noooooooooooooooo
>retrieve dress
>go home immediately
>never contact again

>tfw have to make new friends again

>> No.8135723

>>8135705
>Can you sleep on the couch while we pedo fuck in your clothes?
Who in their right mind would think this would go down well?

>> No.8135726

>plan board game night
>six people, including myself
> 2 have to cancel due to family and work related stuff
>whatever 4's generally the the limit we can have a good night.
>girl coworker I work with, pretty cute and nerdy
>wouldn't date her or anything, due to my own policy, but we're friends.
> Jealous fatass boyfriend doesn't like her going to the get together.
>she decided not to go
> two other buddies agree it's not really worth playing the board games with three people.

I'm not sure if I'm more annoyed at her or her fucking boyfriend. She's could do way better but she has self esteem issues.Guess I'll be working on my dante cosplay tonight.

>> No.8135751
File: 956 KB, 170x297, cries.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>already spent 500 on my yearly auction site spree.
> browsing for a few small items to finish order
>see a dress, thats been on my wishlist for ages, for 20000 yen
>only 70 dollars left

>> No.8135757

>tfw ticket to all 5 days of SDCC but no hotel booked
Fuck me. The person I was gonna go with had a hotel booked, couldn't get tickets and dropped from the trip (taking the hotel with her (it was a gift from her dad so I can't really complain too much)).

Not like I had a cosplay planned anyway.

>> No.8135765

>tfw come home from con and you've forgotten how to apply blush like a normal person

>> No.8135798

>>8135726
Ugh, I can get the Nice Guy vibes all the way from here, which means she absolutely can. I'd avoid you too.

>> No.8135805

>>8135723
Said couch was covered in cat piss too.

I really can't stand guys that are lolicons.

>> No.8135811

>>8135757
You couldn't convince your friend to transfer the hotel into your name/credit card?

>> No.8135814

>>8135798
hey she asked me at work this week if it was still going on and asked if she could come, nice job trying to peg me as the "nice guy" though.

>> No.8135817

>>8135811
Nope. She is a friend of a friend and all that so I heard of her coming/dropping through the grapevine.

>> No.8135820

>>8135814
>wouldn't date her or anything, due to my own policy
>jealous fatass boyfriend
>she could do way better

Keep digging friend.

>> No.8135837

>>8135726
What board game? I've played only a couple of RPing ones.

>> No.8135854

>>8135628
>using stone
>if you're in 'murrica

I'm pretty sure the UK is the only place that uses stone.

>> No.8136124
File: 77 KB, 410x251, jshdf.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>my name is growing more and more as a seamstress
>love my job
>just got 3 inquires
>give quotes and chat them all up all friendly-like
>just expecting inquiries and "oh, I'll commission you in a year!" and all that racket.
>ends up that I've put their minds at ease so much, that they all want to put in big orders!
>mfw 2 asked for invoices on Monday and the remainder will give me their answer after the weekend
>mfw I am getting over 3k in commissions
>can spend it on luxury items now
>like my newfound love for casual stuff and otome
>eeeeee

Bad luck, too, though.
>get on low dose of generic ADD drugs from new doc
>going ok.
>suddenly skin on arms and legs starts itching like crazy
>no raised skin or bumps or anything, just mega itching
>the fuck?
>talk to doc at next visit
>brushes it off and says to just take it daily to maybe make it go away
>ups the dosage
>been 2 more weeks
>itching still going strong
>take antihistime and everything
>not working
>fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucckkk

It's driving me bonkers. It seems that heat makes it worse, too, so my guilty pleasure of hot baths are now super painful and I hate it.
I've NEVER had skin issues before this.
Might have to change to a new doc who actually gives a shit. Also might have to fork over like 100$ for brand name.
Brah.

>> No.8136160

>>8136124
Switching to brand name won't do jack shit. Generic and brand name are usually made in the same damn factory, there is no difference in the drugs. You'll just be paying more for your itchy self.

>> No.8136168

>>8136124
Different types of antihistamines work a little differently. What are you using now? Diphenhydramine is what I always use, cetirizine and loratadin didn't help me at all.

>> No.8136185

>>8136160
I was on name brand for about 3-4 months before I switched and never had issues. So.

>>8136168
Hmm! I'll try switching up my anti-histimines to see how I do. Thanks!

>> No.8136213

>>8136160
Generics are different. There can be different coatings and dyes in generics than there are in brand name. People can often time have allergic reactions to said coatings and dyes in the generics.
I also hear that vaccines cause autism!

Next time, actually know what the fuck you're talking about before you post shit information.

>> No.8136237

>>8136185
Then maybe it isn't the medication? Because brand name and generic medicines are identical.

Just like how Advil and generic ibuprofen are identical.

>> No.8136268
File: 1.90 MB, 245x276, thefuckdidijust.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8136237 see >>8136213

>> No.8136300

>>8136268
Maybe she should just get allergy tested to determine if it's related to the medication or not.

>> No.8136346

>>8129958
I used to be such an extrovert and so outgoing, a lot of people really enjoyed my personality and I made friends so fast. Now I'm in college and going out or trying to meet new people literally seems like such a hassle. I have pretty much no friends because I don't like any of the people I've met in this town. It doesn't help that I seem like such a normal fag so any of the friends I do make and have my personality don't share my interests. You just start to feel pretty lonely after a while.

>> No.8136381

>Live in Florida, mostly clear of cosplay dramu
>Have made some really good friends in the con circle
>Have a bit of a reputation for partying hard
>People I don't really know seem to recognize me a lot at cons and such
>Should be happy
>Not rly tho
>Always feel fucking lonely as hell, even within a crowd, but can't break the facade
>Wish I can find someone I can sit down with and actually talk about my crippling self esteem issues, anxiety, and depression
>Can't
>I've been doing this shit for years, and with every passing day, I feel more and more like I'm detached from my true self vs the facade I put up around other people, and it makes me sick to my stomach because I feel like my entire existence is a filthy lie, but I can't even find anyone to talk about it, because I know I'll never have the balls to actually be that vulnerable in front of another human being

>> No.8136387

>>8136381
>Live in Florida, mostly clear of cosplay dramu
>Have made some really good friends in the con circle
>Have a bit of a reputation for partying hard
Hm. Have you ever been a member of OA?

>> No.8136390
File: 93 KB, 500x375, tumblr_inline_n066ltPztg1r5kbwb.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8136381
>in florida too
>nearly same fucking feels

i'm sorry to hear that anon!! i hope we cross paths one day so i could give you an open ear to vent to. you seem nice and don't deserve to have those things plaguing your mind alone. /virtual pat on shoulder

>though i realize how dumb that earlier statement sounds because i wouldn't know if it was you irl, but the sentiment is still there

>> No.8136391

>>8136387
I'm guessing you're referring to Orange Anime, and no, I've met a few people from there, but I mostly travel with my own pack of friends typically.

>> No.8136393

>>8136390
Thanks anon, I just really needed to get that off of my chest, hopefully us kindred spirits can meet one of these days.

>> No.8136400

>>8136391
Hmm
I wonder if I know you or if we've ever met before.

>> No.8136404

>>8136400
Who knows, I'm usually friendly enough on the outside to put on a pleasant smile and casually chat up with people at cons and such no problem, really should fix that damn habit though

>> No.8136922

>>8134986
Yeah, if someone can't behave like a halfway decent person when they're out alone in public then they shouldn't be out alone in public. If someone had a mental disorder that made them randomly whip out their dick and pee everywhere they would be under some kind of supervision as well, so why not assholes who go around molesting people? It doesn't matter if they can't help it (although I think he can and just doesn't want to), it matters if he's being a nuisance to everyone around him.

I'm an aspie as well and I have "misophonia" - an irrational hatred of certain sounds, mostly the sound of eating and loud breathing. When I have to listen to someone noisily eating something with their mouth open and smacking their lips I can get so upset that I get a strong urge to scream at them and throw my drink in their face. When I was younger I would often burst out in tears in restaurants because I could not take it anymore but was too socially awkward/confused to excuse myself from the table. I could easily lash out against people with bad table manners and then blame the behaviour on muh autism, but that would just make me a douche. I can't help the way I feel about slurping noises but I can help the way I treat the people around me.

>> No.8137708

>>8134880
That might be because people don't usually make posts in feels threads about how great their BFs are. When it's reached the point where you're asking strangers on the internet whether it's strange that their SO is spending Valentine's with their ex, it's probably because shit has seriously deteriorated.

>> No.8137743

>>8135705
>lolicon
>liking 3D
Yeah don't flatter yourself

>> No.8137780

>be the only photographer at uni's cosplay club
>do holiday photo shoot
>20 people, 1 photographer
>around 600 pics taken, only around 40 make the cut
>post them on the Facebook page
>get message the next day
>"do you still have the shots of me at x building?"
>shit lol
>dont want to send him them because he's making stupid expression in every pic
>I tell him that "the composition sucked and it was blurry"
>"could you send me it anyway"
>eee sure
>send him pic
>"Oh. I see."
>biting nails thinking that he's caught onto me and I didn't post it cuz he looks dumb
>he says "you said there was a problem with the lighting?"
>lol sure yeah
>tell him, yeah there's some problems with the lighting, I tried to fix it but it made the colors look mucky, wanted to get a full body shot but there was distractions in the background, tell him it's hard being the only pulling lies out my ass, etc
>he says he wishes he would have gotten more pics taken of him
>loldudeitsafreephotoshoot
>tell him to make it up to him we can schedule a free photo shoot when it warms up
>he is happy
>everything is solved

God I can't believe this shit would ever happen to me. I do free pictures, I always offer free shoots to everyone but I do it kinda on the DL so professional photographers don't get mad with me. So when I do free shoots with 20 other people, don't get upset when I don't take as much pictures of you as others. asdfghjkl;

>> No.8137796
File: 126 KB, 360x240, really.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

> 6 months ago talk with friend who lives across the state about cosplay group for this spring
> 2 months go by, no contact, so I send a message
> ignored
> send another message in december
> ignored
> send another message 2 weeks ago
> ignored
> send text this week
> ignored

If you're not interested in doing it anymore, just tell me instead of ignoring me.

>> No.8137813
File: 484 KB, 185x103, Omgomgomg.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

> got some red packet cash for New Year
> dunno if I should spend it on lolita accessories or gay porn game
the struggle is real

>> No.8137841

>>8137813
Do Chinese anime fans often like BL/fujoshi stuff?

I'm pretty sure my girlfriend is a fujoshit and it annoys me.

>> No.8137849

>>8137841
>I'm pretty sure my girlfriend is a fujoshit and it annoys me

you sound annoying

>> No.8137851

>>8137841
I don't think the percentage of asian fujoshits is any different from the percentage of western ones.

> getting annoyed about your gf's taste in porn
why

>> No.8137853

>>8137849
>>8137851
She shouldn't like BL. It's weird. Plus she was a virgin before me anyway, I just don't like the idea of her watching porn full stop.

>> No.8137861

>>8137853
>She shouldn't like BL

I'm trying to figure out if you're baiting or just a complete idiot

>> No.8137867

>>8137861
BL is weird and disgusting. If you want to be railed by a strong man, don't self-insert into a man who is being railed by a strong man, just admit that you wanted to be dominated ffs.

Maybe Asian fujoshits are more bearable than the slutty White ones though

>tfw I'm the only guy my gf has ever done anything sexual with

What guy with a white gf can say that?

>> No.8137874

> tfw QPOT finally ships to your country
> tfw only with EMS

Well never mind then. I like QPOT but not enough to suffer through the horrible EU fees for it. Oh well at least the stock at the international site is absolute shit right now anyway.

>> No.8137875

>>8137867
ah yes I can smell the yellow fever from here

>> No.8137877

>>8137875
I'm not huge on asian features, though I do think my girlfriend is cute.

I just like the fact she hasn't fucked half the football team.

>> No.8137879

>>8137877
That's the same anon

you sound like /r9k/ in your believe that asian girls are pure and virgins and would never be so sexually active

>> No.8137883

>>8137879
All asian girls? No.

But it's staistically pretty clear that you're more likely to meet an asian girl who has kept her virginity into her 20s than a white girl.

>> No.8137884

>>8137853
>>8137867
> pls be bait
> if not then pls an hero because you are an overcontrolling douche

>> No.8137885

>>8137883
keep believing that anon, and while your at it break up with your gf you don't deserve her

>> No.8137886

>>8137841
you sound pleasant. if that's the case, i'd advise your girlfriend to break up with you.

>> No.8137892

>>8137886
I'm not going to physically stop her from looking at her BL stuff dude.

>> No.8137928

>>8137892
we aren't worried about that
you just sound like a massive dick

>> No.8137932

>>8137928
lol why?

>> No.8137949

>>8137886

Let's be honest here, /cgl/ basically advises any girl to break up with her boyfriend if he did even the slightest thing wrong.

Raises his voice? Break up.
Slap her? Break up.
Come home late some nights? Break up.
Cheat? Break up.

>> No.8137950

>>8137932
not that anon, but you must be really dense if you can't figure out why
all the more reason why

>> No.8137959

I am so upset. Not /cgl/ related, but I gotta get it out.
I was supposed to be in my first art show tonight, hopefully make some sales so I can pay my electric bill and rent.
But my closest friend has threatened to actually kill herself and has been doing this for two months now, so I have to go play suicide watch with her boyfriend instead.
I want to be so upset with her selfishness, but I also understand how insidious depression is. Hopefully the two of us and her family can convince her to get some help, because if this shit doesn't stop, I am going to have to turn my back on her for my own mental health.

>> No.8137962

>>8137949
you must be a guy. that's because girls deserve better than that.
>yelling: what girl likes this? also, can be related to emotional abuse.
>slapping: physical abuse. you're out.
>come home late: lack of communication if she doesn't know what you're doing
>cheat: girls definitely deserve better than this

>> No.8137964

>>8137962
Go home tumblr

>> No.8137965
File: 363 KB, 841x949, a.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

My boyfriend treats my cats like shit and I'm getting sick of it. I have two and I know he's kicked one of them on at least one occasion.

>> No.8137973

>>8137949
Good. "Muh boyfriend" isn't /cgl/-related anyway, shitty posts deserve shitty replies.

>> No.8137974

>>8137965
> kicking animals

fucking horrible
Then again I'm a cat person and would never stay around anyone who doesn't treat cats well

>> No.8137988

>>8137965
This is a legitimate reason to break up. Protect your cats, sis.

>> No.8138007

>>8137964
>you shouldn't slap your significant other
>tumblr

>> No.8138010

>>8137959
People who actually intend to commit suicide don't tell anyone.

>> No.8138144

>>8137965

Cats are fucking stupid

>> No.8138193

>>8135628
thanks for being concerned but i didn't say 1200 calories less, i meant eating 1200 calories when before i was eating like 1900-2000
and i used a bunch of different bmr calculators and then all roughly said to eat that amount
it's nice to see anons being nice and caring but you read it wrong

I'm not some idiot starving myself lmao I'm well aware that's bad

>> No.8138217

>>8137965
Animal cruelty is a HUGE red flag.

>> No.8138234

>>8134927
I'm not sure if it extends to accents, but American and especially American Southern and American Appalachian are more closely aligned with 1700s British speech than even modern British English. The agrarian/wilderness cultures and conservative politics served to isolate communities and slow down lingual evolution.
Also, are you it's not the blend languages taking cues from the American Southern English that they were in close contact with?

>> No.8138241

>>8138010
Not always. Fuck I hate people who say this shit. It's not even statistically one or the other. There are people who actually seek others out rather than just saying nothing.

>> No.8138248

>handsewing lots of little details onto a costume
>embroidery, beading, etc.
>motifs are identical in artwork from panel to panel
>tfw you realise that you're improving the more you do it!
>tfw you realise this means that the "identical" elements aren't actually identical and have to rip the first half out to redo it

>> No.8138262

I love all the cute stuff involved with sweet lolita. I love all the tea parties you can have with the other girls and how childish it makes me feel. I hate how classic has taken over, though. I wish we could have an all sweet comm.
The ageplay came first for me, then the lolita. I have a daddy, he buys me AP and toys and he also changes and breastfeeds me even though he's a guy. I've never felt like an adult woman, so I hate being treated as such. At tea parties, I tell the girls that I'm lactose intolerant so that I can bring my own "soy" milk. It's actually formula milk, and I drink it in my tea cup. My daddy makes me keep a butt plug in when I go out in my AP with diapers. He also makes me go peepee before I leave so he can punish me by making me go out like that. The other girls never notice, though. I spray a lot of perfume and use a lot of baby powder in hopes that no one will notice when I go peepee. As for poopie, it's not often I go in public. I just never have the urge, even though I really want to. The bloomers cover the diaper, which gives my dress an extra poof. I just love the feeling with all the ruffles and frills with a squishy diaper concealed underneath. My daddy likes to buy lots of sex toys, then I pretend to not know hoe to play with them. Then we play together and he shows me how to play with all the new toys.

>> No.8138274
File: 49 KB, 625x626, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8138262

>> No.8138277

>>8137965
You're a stupid slut for dating a guy who abuses animals. As soon as he gets tired of you, he'll start kicking you. This is why I have trouble pitying abusive relationships, half of the time the victims are enablers.

>> No.8138286

>>8138262
One thing I like to do is get a little vibrate and put it in my butt or front hole and let it run when I'm talking with the other girls. You might call me perverted, but I honestly don't get aroused by it. I feel the sexual pleasure, but it's nothing sexual, if that makes scenes. I feel like a naughty girl who's doing bad stuff, and the feeling of my peepee and vaginal fluids squishing around in a diaper with a thing inside me vibrating is so much fun. I also love how none of the other lolitas can tell what's happening under the sweet lolita coord.

>> No.8138294

>>8122757
I want to be an FBI Agent/ Profiler but I also don't want to give up my frills. Conflictions.

>> No.8138300

>>8138286
"Oh no! No one gave me a serious response to my painfully obvious bait! I better ramp it up!"

>> No.8138313
File: 80 KB, 850x560, tim-duncan-lebron-james-nba-san-antonio-spurs-cleveland-cavaliers-850x560.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

THIS SUNDAY NIGHT AT THE QUICKEN LOANS ARENA

THE KING HOLDS A ROYAL ASSWHOOPING IN HIS COURT

LEBRON "KING" JAMES AND THE CLEVELAND CAVALIERS VERSUS THE SAN ANTONIO SPURS

THE SPURS LEAD JESTER: TIM DUNCAN PERFORMING ON THE KING'S COURT, CAN HE GET A BIG W IN THE BIG C?!

LET'S NOT FORGET ABOUT THE MANU GINOBILI AFTER PARTY FEATURING TONY PARKER AND NBA FINALS MVP KAWHI LEONARD

THESE TWO CHAMPIONSHIP CALIBER TEAMS FACE OFF IN AN UNPRECEDENTED MATCH TO DETERMINE WHO'S GOT THE BIG BOY PANTS ON COME PLAYOFF TIME

BUT LET'S NOT FORGET CAVALIER'S MVP AND ALL STAR, KYRIE IRVING AND HIS SNIPER-ESQUE 3 POINTERS

CAN THE KING CARRY HIS TEAM TO VICTORY? CAN HE TRULY BEAT A WHOLE SQUAD WITH JUST THE HELP OF ONE MAN? FIND OUT THIS SUNDAY NIGHT. ORDER TODAY.

>> No.8138338

>>8138313
>Lebron James
>sorry, still butthurt about him leaving Miami Heat

>> No.8138350

>>8138286
This is copypasta, I've seen both of these posts almost word-for-word somewhere else before

ps no1currs

>> No.8138370

>>8138313

This seems wildly off topic. I'll allow it

>> No.8138479

Only very slightly cgl related really
>Not feeling too hot today.
>Serious depression and it seems to be out of control gonna have to take medication.
>after a year of becoming a shut in.
>I thought I could control it but it is just another area where I have messed up in my life.
>Liking cgl apparently has made me a terrible person. I guess my screwup is liking to talk about it.
> It makes me happy to see cute dresses and cool cosplay pictures. Sure some people have said some mean ass shit but it is the internet. >I do likeall threads even the bad cosplay and con horror story threads because people like that need to be called out anyway. :/
>As terrible as it is I enjoy finding out I am not nearly as bad as some other people are.
>Forever a poor fag and it seems I will never be able to have a closet full of lolita. Or cosplay because I suck.
> Or in reality a successful life in general.
>Even the person I thought I would spend my life with can't handle me anymore. Says I am a terrible person and he doesn't know if he wants to be with me anymore.
>Nothing seems to be working out.
> trying to get better at socializing . Everyone eventually grows sick of me I was an idiot for thinking otherwise.
>Fat and an off-putting personality isn't a good combo I guess.
>Want to make friends but I am too much of a Debbie Downer. I have a tendency to push people away. Bad social skills and what seems like an autism overload.
>Gonna be a loser forever but at least I have the internet right?

>> No.8138550

>>8138217
this.
get the fuck out before its too late.

>> No.8138581

>>8127014
Were your cookies jam filled?

>> No.8138945

i'm just an emotional wreck in the middle of the night with no one to talk to so i ended up having an emotional outburst

bf had a big fight with his mom and i just felt frustrated that i couldnt say anything comforting until after he went to sleep. left him a text while bawling my eyes out because i just feel like a useless shit.

>cgl related
textbook subscription ran out and with bills being heavy this month, i decided i had to sell off a dream dress i got 2 weeks ago that didnt fit me to help cover it. i'm just really depressed how i didn't get a chance to lose weight to fit in it, all of my friends told me to not sell it since its so cute for me but... i guess i just have to let it go, whatever.

>> No.8138987

I feel sad that I'm getting older. I'm in my mid-20's and haven't ever cosplayed or done lolita. (Only been to a convention once, too...)

I want to cosplay, badly, but I don't know how to sew and I'm not exactly super cute anymore. I'm in good shape, but still.

I've always wanted to be a good Wizardmon, which I could pull off because I'm short and the face is covered... But I never learned how to sew.
I wish I had learned from my mum before she died... She could knit and sew. And my mother-in-law can sew, but she has heart problems and is in no way in any shape to teach me how.

Is it a hopeless dream now that I'm older?

>> No.8138996

>>8138987
It's only hopeless if you don't start. You'll suck at first but that's just how things work. More you put in, better you'll get

>> No.8138999

>>8138987
buy it/commission it or take sewing lessons. there are tons of older cosplayers in their mid-20s and older. you have lots of time to try.

>> No.8139005

>>8138996
Thank you for the encouragement! Now I just have to save up for nice fabric and figure out how to do the pattern correctly.
I'll do practice with cheap stuff and move up from there.

Thankfully I have a sewing machine and know most of my measurements.

>> No.8139006
File: 233 KB, 1920x1080, 1422409860295.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8127014
>in highschool
>one girl baked me some sweets for my birthday and I didn't even know her
>"oh wow, thank you very much"
>talked for a bit, she seemed interested in me for some reason
>oh well

>one year later
>friend says that girl liked me
>I already moved to a different city
>she has a bf now
>mfw

>> No.8139042

This is off-topic, I'm sorry but I really need to get this off my chest and I don't want to burden my boyfriend or friends about it. My mum and her partner's relationship is on the rocks and I don't know what to do about it. They're in debt and at risk of losing the house if my stepdad (they're not married but as good as) can't get early access to his pension. My mum overreacts to everything and makes a drama out of nothing constantly, to the point where my stepdad often doesn't know why he's here and in debt only to work overtime constantly and be yelled at. She snaps at him all the time over the stupidest things, almost every night either she or my sister make some big drama out of nothing. She complains to my siblings that don't live here about it too, I'm sick of her victimising herself and my stepdad being left to feel guilty or regretful over the things that she does. Continued to post the scenario that happened today.

>> No.8139044

>>8139042
I came home from being at my boyfriend's place for the weekend,(I moved back home last year for personal reasons) and she ignored both of us (my stepdad gave me a lift from part of the way) when we said hello. Then she proceeded to yell shrilly that my stepdad forget to get the groceries despite her sitting around at home all day while he had his first day off from work in a week. She then guilt tripped my stepdad about being at golf for the first time in ages as he's always working or can't afford it. I discovered that yet again for some reason my toothbrush had vanished from the bathroom after she cleaned it, so I calmly asked her about it and she got really defensive and said it should still be there. I said it wasn't and asked if she could tell me where she thought it would be and she said that I was attacking her and screamed that she didn't know where my "fucking toothbrush" was. Then she went to get the groceries and came back, yelled at my stepdad to come to the bathroom, he said to hang on a second and she went "I SAID NOW" so he had to come, then she slammed my door open to complain that none of us had praised her work cleaning the bathroom and said none of us got the point and cried loudly and then stormed off to her room.

It's not normally this bad but I wish I could make her see that people aren't out to get her and for her to appreciate the people who love her more. Sorry for how pathetic this sounds, I'm just sick of my family not being happy because they choose not to be.

>> No.8139059

>>8133784
I'm talking about how various american accents are influenced by various other european accents

>> No.8139064

>>8139042
>>8139044
Your stepdad is gonna snap and leave sometime, mark my words
That kind of behavior probably has him feeling trapped, but you can only push someone to a point before they push back

>> No.8139065

>>8137853
>I don't like her watching porn

It's funny, cause if a girl on 4chan said they don't want their bf watching porn there would be a shitstorm.

She needs to dump your idiot ass asap

>> No.8139074
File: 7 KB, 299x168, 1958413_10152850603531564_526262916_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8133121
Thanks anon! I hope I get approved this time
>got rejected from local comm for not owning a dress yet (it's in the fricking mail)
>still no approval from 2 other groups and its been 4 days
>maybe this is a sign that I should lolita alone

I really just want to make a friend that I can talk lolita/kawaii shit to and learn some stuff from

>> No.8139117

>>8139044
have you tried actually talking to your mom about your feelings? try to do so in a calm way and see how she responds.

>> No.8139123

>>8139074
>got rejected from local comm for not owning a dress yet (it's in the fricking mail)
they don't sound like a very good comm if they're that anal

>> No.8139125
File: 52 KB, 444x287, 1409717336407.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8137743
>don't flatter yourself
>Lolicon guy never even hit on anon

>> No.8139150

>>8139065
Girls who watch porn are trashy. Actually, I'd be ok with my girlfriend looking at BL homo stuff, at least it's not "big black cocks" or some other american disgusting shit.

>> No.8139154

>>8139150
>Girls who watch porn are trashy

What does that make boys who watch porn?

>> No.8139158

>>8139154
Not the same thing, although porn addiction is a real thing that should be addressed more instead of people acting like it's "uncool" to talk about the ways porn is messing up young people's sexuality.

>> No.8139186

>>8139150
>>8139158
That double standard

>> No.8139201

>>8139186
Not a double standard at all, I empathize with girlfriends who don't want their boyfriends watching porn.

>> No.8139239
File: 89 KB, 500x500, 1419084045192.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>have been a NEET for the past few months due to illness and university bureaucracy
>people kept telling me that I'd go crazy with boredom/cabin fever after a few weeks and would be begging to get back to work
>lol nope
>turns out I love being a NEET/'housewife'
>I've been sewing like a crazy person and have never been happier
>seriously considering becoming a full-time housewife/SAHM after I finish my STEM degree
>haven't told anyone because "oh no anon what a waste of your education!"
I think my decision will largely hinge on how much money my fiancé ends up making in the future. I like having disposable income (muh burando) and don't want to have to barely scrape by financially, but if he lands a well-paying job then I'll happily stay at home all day.
>his parents have a similar arrangement
>FIL makes shit ton of money and MIL stays at home, knitting/quilting/baking/etc.
>MIL keeps talking about how envious she is of my 'smarts' and education
>tfw I actually want her life

>> No.8139240

>>8139239
This arrangement is ok, but you need to accept your man has a right to play the field if you're parasiting off of him.

>> No.8139247

>>8139239
My wife-to-be is a stay at home wife, her obligations are to clean and fuck me as much as desired every day.

If it's what you enjoy in life then there's nothing wrong with it, not really a waste of education if it's securing your future while you find more about yourself. From my perspective, I don't mind that she is a "parasite" when as far as I'm concerned her job is to take care of me, perhaps your fiancé feels the same

>> No.8139277
File: 1.97 MB, 250x311, 1421472368208.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8134487

Get a spray called Indorex. Honestly, I have two dogs and after they caught fleas at crufts last year the indorex spray + flea tablets + washing every soft furnishing worked wonders in bombing them out of living existance.

Honestly, if you're anything like me with fleas (I FREAKED when I saw a flea crawl over my boys belly, and despite it being 2am at that point in time couldn't sleep for the rest of the night knowing they were there), it's not worth trying anything holistic. Indorex is a veterinary supplied spray that lasts for twelve months: it's wonderful stuff.

>> No.8139285

>>8127014
this sounds like an anime plot

>> No.8139353

>>8138987
I started cosplaying (and sewing) at 23 and I'm 26 now and don't plan on stopping any time soon. You'll find that there's actually a pretty big community of people in their 20s-30s who cosplay, they're just more lowkey than the teenagers who do it.

You can teach yourself to sew, or take some sewing classes at a local craft store or community college. YouTube is a great resource too.

>> No.8139366
File: 16 KB, 320x229, reaction face.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8122757
I'm trying to weigh this situation out:

>boyfriend LARPs
>I've gotten into LARPing too
>bf bought himself an 8 foot glaive
>he lets me fight with it and I like it
>but it's still his weapon though and it bothers me b/c I want one for myself (also I have no garb except for an ugly gown he bought me and can't fight in)
>cost $110 with shipping
>pricey, but he can afford it since he works full time and isn't in school
>I'm in school and get paid $70-100 a week, so it's harder for me to save up money

>added costs up for glaive, pauldrons, and gauntlets I wanted
>$250
>not nearly as expensive as my lolita purchases, but still
>just paid off $1500 from my credit card
>still owe $250
>another $250 would make my credit card bill $500
>might sell a lolita dress for $300 to help pay it, but I would have to absolutely not put anything else on the card after that

>minimum payments on my card are pretty manageable, but paying interest doesn't sit right with me
>not even sure if buying LARP stuff is worth it since after May the campus meets end and then me and the bf are moving since I'll be done
>not sure what the LARP comm will be like where I'm moving to
>tfw so conflicted about everything

>> No.8139369

>>8139366
wait until you have the money anon, dont spend money you dont have and when you have the money to spend you'll be more prepared to pay unexpected fees and any accidents such as car breaking or whatever wont leave you in a sticky situation if they occur.

>> No.8139371

>>8139369
I know you're right anon, deep down.
I just want to be badass, and my $1800 credit limit gives me a false sense of financial freedom.
You should see how those bitches cower on the field when I wield that glaive...

>> No.8139380

>>8139371
i bet you look hella intimidating with the glaive anon, but badassness shall come soon don't worry. waiting for it makes getting it so much rewarding and exciting, waiting for my parts made me all the more excited to bust them out on the battlefield

>> No.8139382

>>8139247
I'm pretty sure he would be okay with it as long as we're financially secure and I take care of all the household chores. He's told me time and time again that all he really wants for me is to be happy. I'm more worried about literally everyone else, since being a stay-at-home-whatever is so looked down upon and I'd be throwing away a career in science to do it.
Actually, part of the reason I'm not looking forward to continuing in my field is that research is horribly exhausting and very underpaid. The only reason anyone even does it is because they get satisfaction form the work itself, but I frankly get far more satisfaction from sitting at home and sewing frilly shit.

>> No.8139391
File: 100 KB, 468x900, Tomoko kuroki in her evolved form.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8139239
Here's the deal, sister:

If the ideal (and hence stable) relationship is two people with comparable / compatible degrees of factors like "independence", "interestingness" and "individual benefit gained from the relationship", where does NEET Housewife lie on that spectrum?

NEET Housewife represents an uncomfortable level of imbalance.

NEET Housewife is probably uninteresting, unmotivated, disposable.

If you have "interesting, social, independent not housewife stuff" you pursue with persistence and self-improving passion and the VERY REAL, VERY SELECTABLE option to return to meaningful work / education, by all means go ahead and do the housewife thing.

Otherwise forget it.

>P.S. This only applies if your dude is not some needy / desperate shitter that wants to get kneedeep in some co-dependent shit.

>> No.8139407

>>8139382
Ah, I can understand.

I think most of the time it's looked down upon is from jealousy that you have the freedom to do so. But you will be judged and looked down upon for doing anything outside of the norm, it's just how it goes.

What matters is happiness, not confining to ideals. But yes, research is very exhausting, that's why I went into software development!

>> No.8139440

>>8139239
Of course you want to be a housewife. Being one is piss easy this day and age. While your husband will be dragging his ass to work 8 hours + transit you're gonna do some vacuuming, clean some surfaces, do the laundry and later cook something which is a pretty enjoyable task actually. With all the technology, the pre-processed food (I mean something as simple as butter) and none of the ten children and senile elderly to take care of, keeping a household is barely a part time job.

>> No.8139457

>>8139440
Not that anon but a funny story...
My great grandma was a housewife, lived in a tiny pre-war Slav village, was unable to read and write since girls from the village didn't go to school then. Then my great-grandpa got sick and she became head of the household so that meant housework + managing a gigantic estate and directing a metric fuckton of close and distant family members on how to do their jobs.
So nanna got a gun she kept on her belt and my grandpa says that she even shot some Germans at some point with it and defended the salash (ranch/estate) with the help of her sister-in-law. I have the gun in the attic, kek.
Being a housewife used to be tough shit, son.

>> No.8139482

I'd still rather my wife be a housewife than work any job paying under $20/hr

>> No.8139494

>>8139366
what kind of glaive? because 110 usd sounds a little on the expensive side, there might be places where you can get it cheaper (or make it yourself)

>> No.8139499

>>8139239
Ah, anon, I have the exact opposite. I hate doing chores and am horrible at cooking, so I'd love to land a well-paying job and have my SO stay at home and do all the boring stuff for me haha.

>> No.8139509

>>8139494
It's only $80. It has $30 shipping on the grounds of it being shipped in a 9 foot box and weighing over 5 pounds.
I'm not willing to risk making my own weapon and would prefer someone with experience like this seller, especially since it had to be stab safe. I stabbed this one dude in the nuts with it just this Saturday so I see the importance of these things being strictly regulated.

>> No.8139512

>>8139509
Oh and I'll post the etsy link later if you want. I'm just on my phone and about to go to work.

>> No.8139516

>>8139512
I'm still interested to see it

>> No.8139518

>>8139516
also you there are shops where you can buy only the head of the polearm which is the most important part and then you can make the pole part yourself

>> No.8139522
File: 73 KB, 633x758, COMMAND AND FEEL.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>tfw 21 and already feeling old
All these fucking kids around me at cons, I feel too out of place

>> No.8139586

>>8122757
>Feels when someone is selling your dream dress as a full set
>Sure anon, i'll put it on hold for you!
>2 days later, contact seller again ready to buy
>Never hear from her again

>> No.8139663

>>8138479
you need to find yourself a job to keeps yourself busy, fuck negativity.

then get fit and use the money to invest in what you want.

stagnation is death to us all.

[insert nike ad] "Just to it!"

>> No.8139791

>>8139382
if you enjoy sewing frilly shit that much, maybe you could look into starting an indie brand or just sell handmade jsks. at least it'd get you some extra money for burando that you can also share with your man, and it'd be more like a "job".

>> No.8140156

>>8139518
Probably, but I don't know of any sellers to buy from. Maybe you could rec me some, but honestly, if it's going to cost me more after shipping then I'd rather stick with my first choice.

Here's the link btw:
>https://www.etsy.com/listing/176077439/8-ft-dag-glaive-two-handed-foam-polearm

>> No.8140222

>>8139150
you're so so so so so so cute

i wish i could pinch your chubby cheeks

>> No.8140255

>>8140222
Whaaaaaaaat?

Where did this even come from?

I'm not chubby.

>> No.8140385

i think lolita is turning my bestie into a monster. we've been into the fashion for about 6 years now without being too serious, but recently she has taken a new attitude towards it. she's constantly taking selfies and posting her latest "OTT lolita" coords online, then demands me to like and reblog all of them. she frequently badmouths people from our local comms about their 'terrible coords' when the truth of it is, her coordinates are grossly mismatched but many of our mutual friends are too polite to say it to her face.

i feel really awkward watching her go down this road.. but I don't know how to bring it up without sounding like a complete jerk.

>> No.8140454

>>8140156
Alright, while I can say I was expecting something along that line I can say it was still a bit surprise.
First of all I fail to see how that resembles a glaive of any kind
Secondly I'm pretty sure it's overpriced compared to what you get and you can make it yourself (although maybe not the first time but for the second or third)
Thirdly if I guess it rightly and your larp is dagorhir/amtgard or something like that then you are probably fucked because of the weapon rules

but just for the record you can buy a calimacil halberd head for 63 usd plus shipping (probably it will be cheaper than for the glaive) Although I have only experience with their old halberd heads which they sadly no longer make.
Then again the deciding factor is probably the larps weapon rules

>> No.8140580

>>8139044
Your mom seems unstable anon.

I know there's probably nothing you can do about it, but my stepdad is the same way. He finally went to a psych and he has legitimate problems.

Now, if only he'd ever fucking remember to take his medication.

He's threatened to kick me out of the house twice because my room is a "pig pen" because he's come in in the middle of me reorganizing my wardrobe. He'd freak out and say I had a week to clean it all up, so I'd ignore him, finish reorganizing within a day, and then he'd be pissy because "I only did it so fast to make him look like an ass."

I'm sorry you have to deal with it, anon, but honestly the best way to get through it is to ignore her. Like a kid throwing a tantrum. Eventually she'll realize that being a bitch isn't helping her, or she won't realize it at all and whatever happens will be entirely her own fault.

>> No.8140602

>>8140156
>glaive
>literally looks like a cricket bat

I mean come on I know they can't be uber mega realistic but that's just a long-handled bat. it looks absolutely nothing like a glaive. Why be so picky about a giant wad of foam on a stick?

>> No.8140729
File: 126 KB, 691x384, not a cricket bat.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8140156
Find someone to make the best kind of glaive, that's a cricket bat

>> No.8140758

>>8140602
>>8140729
don't forget that there are a lot of games in the US that only allows those kind of weapons because... well they usually say safety...
My main problem wit that stuff that it's made out of things that you can buy yourself and put together without any kind of expertise and still they sell it for a price that you can buy with something actually professional or close to that.

>> No.8140793

>>8140454
>First of all I fail to see how that resembles a glaive of any kind
Then what would you call it? The reason why it has to be thick and padded like that is due to Dag/Amt rules in the first place. It'll pass rules because my bf has the exact same one and it passed and was allowed at our Amtgard practice, hence me being able to fight with it.

I can't do heads unless they're made of foam, pads, and a cloth cover. I'm pretty sure the points on those halberds would screw me over. Granted I haven't been to many meets, but generally everyone has thick glaives that look like paddles. I've just assumed it's the rule for safety.

>>8140602
>>8140729
Real funny guys...

>> No.8140810
File: 104 KB, 640x425, 9568b25c37fbae40d677639541ebba8a1363991813_full.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8140758
True, it's kind of lame, but really understandable due to some of the people that go to these things

>>8140793
What! I personally thought it looked like a cricket bat. I just feel you can do better and if the initial reaction from 3 different people was "This is not a glaive" then I imagine you'd get similar results at a con. Although, it's definitely difficult with the padding rule.

>> No.8140818

>>8140793
well if it's Dag/Amt then yeah only that kind of weapons are allowed so you have no other options.
I would call it a little fucked up spear but as far as I understand people on dagorhir and amtgard call most polearms glaive for reasons unknown.

Anyway judging from the pic it's a very simple design mostly made from the foam which is stated at the descriptions the head is covered with cloth and the haft with hockey tape. The haft is probably have insulation foam as padding (which they put on pipes, you can get them nearly anywhere) and the head is just foam put together in that simple shape with a little glue.
I mean the shape is REALLY simple you doesn't really have to do mutch about it.

I don't say to try and do it now instead of buying it but you shoudl consider to try to make it some time in the future. there are tons of video tutorials on youtube and basically most of the Dag/Amt swords are made the same way as this, the only difference is the size.

>> No.8141851
File: 401 KB, 589x706, mfw.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>maybe going to a LARP even in two months
>everyone around me (non-LARPers) keeps suggesting I wear lolita
>mfw