[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 563 KB, 720x541, feel time, gulls.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
8149863 No.8149863 [Reply] [Original]

Last one is on automodo >>8142701

Try to keep it cosplay and lolita related.

>> No.8150191

I day dream all the time of making a great cosplay with friends and being liked and admired by everyone who I meet, photos taken and spread across the internet and admired even more by others who see it, but it's just a fantasy, kinda sucks.

>> No.8150556

>>8149863

>planning on doing first cosplay (Derek Stiles, Trauma center (under the knife 2 variant)

>Tfw worried about looking shit

>dont want to let /cgl/ down

>worry that nobody will recognize the variant as it is only present in 1 game (and is different to the most well known one (second opinion))

/cgl/ I hope I make you proud

>> No.8150646

>gained weight, too fat for my dresses
>starting to count calories as I don't have time to work out
>going fine for some days, try to only eat 80% od my daily calories
>about 60% after lunch
>"Hey! I can have a little meal in the evening!"
>urge for my favourite pizza comes up, only order once or twice a year
>end up ordering and eat the whole fucking pizza
>ate 102% of calories for a days
>mfw I will never fit in my burando again
I feel like a pig, I wonder if I should go swimming tomorrow but I'd have to go all by myself...

>> No.8150653
File: 30 KB, 600x596, 52868519.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8150646
Speaking of fattie feels:
>doing real good with weight loss over the summer
>start dating bf in September
>suddenly snow/cold in October
>all my outdoor activity stops
>turn to making fat/dairy-heavy foods out of depression
>I've gained close to 10 pounds since November
>I even made my bf fat because he eats what I do in larger portions and doesn't exercise either
>the weather won't stop
>I'm so stressed from grad work I have no desire to go to the gym, catch the flu, and repeat the process daily
>I just want it to be warm outside and be able to go for my walks
>tfw

>> No.8150656

>>8150646
>>8150646
you will make it,
I personally like the approach where you never plan cheat days, yet at the same time, accept occasionally you will mess up and plan accordingly.

remember weekly in vs weekly out matters more than daily in daily out

>> No.8150661

>>8150653
I dunno where you live, anon, but I've gone for walks in February in Canada (so, about two feet of snow). Just dress warmly and you can still get your walk on. Don't let the weather be your excuse to stay inside.

>> No.8150723

>>8150661
No, walking outside in negative weather with wind chill is not bearable and not fun.
Fortunately for me, I just have one more semester of this shithole and then I'll be moving south.

>> No.8150744

>"What would you buy with $1000" thread got me looking through my wishlist
>quite a lot of the items on it are being sold by second-hand sellers right now
>all of $50 to my name, maximum of $100 for all nom-essentiak items for the whole of March even if I halve my food budget

>selling some things to try to get some money
>it's only been a few days but I'm getting impatient
>only got interest from overseas buyers who change their mind when told about shipping costs

>meet coming up
>every main piece I haven't worn to a meet in the past six months is in the sales post, so I can't wear it
>gonna have to repeat an outfit

>> No.8150761

>>8149863
>am grill
>walkin into my hole in the wall fabric store
>after lookin around for awhile i ask a floorgrill (who truend out to be a co-owner) where the twill/wool would be
>she directs me
>didn't find what i wanted so i look for some wet spandex
>she keeps looking at me
>'oh god she probably thinks i'm gonna steal fabric but how the hell would i do that'
>go up to cutting counter to get 2 yards of wet spandex
>looks at me silently again
>i visibly sweat
>she says "do you cosplay?"
>i shit my dipes
>"y-yes"
>"oh, because you got that bishi look down, like you could cosplay pretty boys well"
>mfw i have only ever crossplayed
>mfw i wasn't even trying to look like a bro today
>"t-thank you"
during the transaction she asked me if i'd like to model some of the stuff she's made, so i gave her my contact information
i still don't know what to make of it
guess i got one hell of a man face

>> No.8150767

>>8150723
You know, if you dressed for the weather you won't be so cold.

>> No.8150841

>>8150767
I would have to wear like two pairs of ski pants, a full face mask, waterproof winter boots with good ice grips, and some dumb padded winter coat if I wanted to be outside for more than 30 minutes. Not only is that uncomfortable, but those things would also have to be bought.

>> No.8150911
File: 89 KB, 1280x720, [DeadFish] Puella Magi Madoka Magica - 09 [BD][720p][AAC].mp4_snapshot_16.59_[2014.03.21_22.21.04].jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

How do you muster the strength and confidence to just talk to people?
Every single night, I tell myself "Why are you such a fucking pussy? Just get out there, open your mouth and say shit. Talk. Make friends and a significant other", and then I promise I'll do it the next time I'm outside, but I just can't.
It's impossible. I feel like I'm a bother to people and they couldn't possibly like me, so I stay away. Not only that, but in the rare moments I am with people, I usually have nothing to say, or at least nothing that could possibly interest them.
I can't get through a conversation just by asking questions, but things seem to die off very quickly if I make statements at the same time. Either people don't like me so they cut things short, or I'm just bad at talking. I feel like it's both.
Please help me.

>> No.8150921

>>8150767
diff anon but my theory is similar to warm-climate lolitas: you can be fucking cold in jeans and a parka, or you can be fucking cold in something cute.

>> No.8151005

>>8150761
That's adorable. I ship you two.

>> No.8151014

>>8150841
Is the climate where you live not like this every year?
It's some sudden surprise?
Not having these things if you live in such climate.
Having the option to just stay in.
Hm.

>> No.8151025

>>8151014
>It's some sudden surprise?
Yes, holy shit yes!!
>two years ago
>zero snow, short winter, and spring temperatures in January
>last year
>kind of shit weather but snow storms melt in between and maybe 1-2 feet of snow and was melted by mid February
>this year
>snow started in late October, massive snowstorms dumping 6 feet, casualties, relentless storms and ice on any given day
And now just because it's not dumping feet of snow anymore, the temperature (in Fahrenheit) is in the teens on a -good- day and usually in the single digits if not negatives normally.
If I walk out my back porch I can't move from all the snow. My boyfriend has to even go buy me new boots because mine became so saturated with snow melt and salt that the soles came apart.
I fucking hate this shit. Nobody in my area has recalled a winter this bad in DECADES.

>> No.8151034

>>8150841
>>8150921
I don't wear any of that, just two layers of wool stockings/socks, a wool skirt, wool sweater, wool scarf, and a coat and I'm nice and cozy in -40 C.

>>8151025
Sounds like you need to research your climate better. You remind me of an e-mail my school sent out asking for winter clothing donations because dimwits from other countries don't understand that "bring a parka" means "bring a parka" and end up with some wimpy wind breaker.

>> No.8151037

>>8150646
as someone who is constantly losing weight after being overweight for years, learn to eat in moderation, anon. it's because you ate the whole pizza quickly instead of spreading it out like one or two slices per day or every other day. i will never understand people who can eat a whole pizza in the span of a couple days or even one day and think they won't gain weight.

>> No.8151045

>first meet tomorrow
>I'm extremely socially anxious but I'm trying to put myself out there
>went to the hookah bar last night with friend and his other two friends, didn't even sperg out
>feeling good
>now I can't decide which outfir to wear and am stressing about that and the hike to get there (2 hr drive) +parking in the city on my own
>bf can't go with because he busted his face open sledding with his brother and stepdad, it looks nasty af and he can't really talk
>worrying about everythin all at once

>> No.8151049
File: 80 KB, 869x960, uhhh.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8149863
>I dress in lolita
>spergish (?) girl from my college knows I dress in lolita and posted pic related to my timeline
>asked me what I thought about it
>I think she's posting it because the girl mentions "lolita" in it but that actually has nothing to do with my fashion hobby
What the fuck do I even say to something like this? Is she trying to imply I somehow "infantilize" myself because I dress how I want in clothes that also happen to make me look youthful? I never mention patriarchy, dating older men, or put on a kawaii uguu princess act for my age. Why else would she be directing this towards me out of the blue?
>tfw this feels like a backhanded insult and I'm not sure how to eloquently counter this

>> No.8151052

>>8151034
>Sounds like you need to research your climate better.
Sounds like you need to have yourself a cup of go fuck yourself.
>everyone can predict freak blizzard climate
>everyone can afford to go buy expensive winter clothes
>everyone's local retailers have stock of winter clothes when their smug corporate offices didn't bother to restock since they're supposed to be 'out of season' by this time of year
Bitch.

>> No.8151053

>mfw worried no one will buy my dress
>feel as though I was robbed by the previous owner in regards to the dress
>just want it gone

>> No.8151059

>>8151053
what's the dress you're selling, anon?

>> No.8151062

>>8151053
What dress

Maybe I'll take it off yer hands

>> No.8151066

>tfw: your mbok order has been inbound into customs for the last 8 days.
>Got another package from Japan literally went through the same place hours apart and it went through customs in a matter of hours.
>tfw no dress.

>> No.8151067

>>8151059
>>8151062
This dress >>8133212

Unfortunately, the post office isn't open until monday, so if either one of you buy it, You'd have to wait those grueling two days before getting tracking.

>> No.8151068
File: 383 KB, 1800x1800, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8150646

>> No.8151070

>>8151049
Ew... Something like this happened to me recently.
A girl posted a status about women dressing like little girls to attract older men, right after I posted some pictures in lolita.
We're not friends anymore to say the least lol.

Just tell her that you have no idea what you're talking about and that it has nothing to do with Lolita Fashion.

>> No.8151075

>>8151067
I'd buy it if I didn't look so awful in pink. It's super cute but I'd look so washed out and gross in it. Good luck!

Were you selling this somewhere on FB btw? I think I remember seeing it elsewhere recently.

>> No.8151079

>>8151075
unfortunately, I do not have a facebook.

>> No.8151083

>>8151070
I asked her why and she responded that I'm into "lolita culture." Ughhhh.

>> No.8151113

>>8151049
I cringed.

Though it amuses me: The hypocrisy of some feminists who claim that the patriarchy infantilizes women, yet they're also infantilizing women by implying women don't "know" what they're choosing when they dress themselves.
Maybe some women want to be youthful, and some women want to be sexual.
Those two traits tend to be fun as opposed to..what exactly? Aged and boring I suppose? I feel like these girls like in that pic are jealous and would want any woman dressed in a more expressive way than them thrown into a potato sack burka instead.

>> No.8151135

>>8151052
>implying thrift stores don't have plenty of wool clothes
>implying they aren't cheap
>implying you can't be prepared for cold in a normally cold climate
Sounds like someone's upset they can't figure out what to do when cold weather happens.

Seriously, though, I can get a cute wool sweater from Kind Exchange for less than $15.

>> No.8151144

>>8151135
Not even that anon but you assume a lot.
My thrift store, if it does get good winter stuff, is sold out almost immediately because it's in high demand right now. If anon is murrican and living on the east coast like me it's been rough. Even people I know who liked to jog outside during light snow refuse to be out for longer than 15 minutes if they can help it. Most people are calling cabs since they're unable to walk to work like they typically do. It doesn't matter how warm you think you're dressing, you're putting yourself at dangerous risk to be outside for more than you need to when it's freezing.

>> No.8151145

>>8151049
I actually agree with what the girl in pic related is saying, that adult men need to be held accountable when they knowingly become involved in sexual relationships with underage girls.

But it was totally stupid for her to post this to your page when it's not related to you at all. I guess she thinks your fashion is 'infantilizing' you, and she wants you to know that. What a passive aggressive bitch move.

I'd say just not respond, and brush it off. I would be annoyed AF too, but it's not worth getting involved with, especially if you're not even friends with her.

>> No.8151149
File: 21 KB, 219x93, 1311561746158.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>be in hawaii
>one con a year
>one
>always getting badges for over cons in mainland
>work schedule is looking worse and worse
>missed ALA because asshats didn't do paperwork in time
>likely going to miss Colossal
>missing every other con registered for
>wont be back to mainland to con until I'm 31

>> No.8151159

>>8151144
It's regularly in the negative for the past month where I am, and honestly it's not that bad. I have a class that requires standing, (not even briskly walking) outside for two hours. Compared to that, hiking around the trails on my campus is great

It's also worth mentioning that my parka cost 25$ and I don't have any other special gear besides a thrift store wool sweater and a fleece neckwarmer I can pull up over my nose

Anyway
>last semester pretty shit
>this one will be better, right?
>ibs symptoms get exponentially worse
>finally get extremely expensive medication not covered by insurance
>too bloated to start anything

I don't want to make a cosplay that fits when my stomach is this huge, because I want to believe it won't be this way forever....

>> No.8151172

>>8151159
You have a buddy system when you're outside with your class though. If one of you gets too cold then I'm sure someone has the common sense to excuse them or lead them back. Contrary to popular belief walking is still a form of exercise, especially in a lot of snow, ice, and slush. It's not wise to exert oneself alone in that situation.

You're picking on an anon who obviously might not have access to proper winter gear and telling them to go out in freezing temperatures, by themselves, because they gained a bit of weight which is actually not uncommon at all during northern winters. I don't want to turn this into an argument, but seriously that sounds like a legitimate reason to not want to be outside.

>> No.8151176

>spoke to ex
>We cool. it's okay. We have no interest in eachother and he has a girl. Whatever
>[she] saw our conversation. I now have to block you. Sorry
>flat out announce she is crazy
>mfw we've been through this before. Took half an hour to consol this crazy controlling woman
>she takes over his skype and cusses and rants and bitches for another half hour
>I play it cool and just laugh at her and act like I'm not getting yelled at
>She finally blocks me on his skype

I'm actually incredibly hurt. This guy made an incredible impression on my life, and now I can't even go "Hey. New robot movie/game came out. You like those" like I do once every six months that I talk to him. I know I shouldn't be hurt over having someone I never talk to leave my life... but it does. It's not fair.

>> No.8151187

>>8151172
This is literally my first post and I go out walking by myself all the time. I'm not really invested in the weight discussion, I just think it's silly to say you can't walk in the winter. It's gorgeous right now. I doubt walking even burns enough calories to do much, but it's fun and easy.

Also, you can't leave the class and you're required to stay out for the entire time or you fail it. Hell, there's a four hour tracking class happening right now.

>> No.8151189

>>8151172
>by themselves
But she has a boyfriend who she made fat too.

>> No.8151196

>>8151187
If it's still snowy and icy it turns into a bit of cardio, depending on how much of an ass your neighbour decides to be. Even just walking over three cm of slippery snow gets my heart rate up immensely, especially if I'm going at it for a while.

>> No.8151201
File: 14 KB, 251x241, 1362583734288.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>have kawaii strawberry-blonde bleached hair
>oh I might go darker with a semi-permanent to cover my roots while I grow my hair out
>go to my usual hairdresser wanting chocolate-brown, convinces me to get a dark reddy brown because its "less boring"
>go home, put the dye in
>TURNS MY HAIR FLURO ORANGE
>WHATTHEFUCK
>FUCK pretty sure she gave me the wrong dye because the swatch was completely different
>MFW spent all my money on brand and fabric so I can't afford more dye until next week unless I want to dip into my food budget

>> No.8151203

>>8151187
>It's gorgeous right now.
Lol you have my jealousy. It's a frozen hell here.
>>8151189
Yeah but the bf should be the one to motivate himself though. Since he hasn't volunteered to do anything with anon I doubt he'll be the one freezing butt outside with her.

>> No.8151210

>>8151025
Dif anon. Oh you must be somewhere on the East Coast then. And here I thought you were somehow living unprepared in places like the Upper Midwest or Canada as I read through the posts.
I recommend thermals and fleeced lined tights under everything and investing in cheap but waterproof boots.

>> No.8151215

>>8151203
>boyfriends and weight
Don't even get me started.
One of my exs gained 20 pounds one year and he didn't think shit of it until one of his bros said something. Men are perfectly content with gaining weight, especially if they can delude themselves into thinking it's muscle related.

>> No.8151264

>>8151215
>Men are perfectly content with gaining weight, especially if they can delude themselves into thinking it's muscle related.
My boyfriend used to be the skeleton lord and he has gained a few pounds that he can now transform into muscles, I'm trying to get /fit/ as well but it takes me ages to lose weight. I wish I could say the muscle-shit like men at this point but we all know it's mostly fat

>> No.8151272

>>8151215
>>8151264
not true, we get self-conscious too

we just don't bitch about it to our friends

>> No.8151279

>>8151272
True, you transform it into needless online aggression.

>> No.8151281

>>8151279
I thought they channeled it through masturbation, (more) Taco Bell and vidya.

>> No.8151282

>>8151279
aggression in general

ever refer to a guy as an asshole IRL?

yup

>> No.8151285

>>8151281
vidya is for lack of sex, or something to occuply your time to avoid boring sex with the same old woman, vidya usage skyrockets after week 3 in a new relationship

taco bell is just teeange sustenance

>> No.8151331

In all seriousness, have any of you ever sent nudes/ webcammed etc online in exchange for men to buy you burando? I got someone who would buy me dresses in exchange for this type of thing but I'm really not sure about what to do.. Should I go for it? I can't really easily afford dresses any other way (even 2nd hand)

>> No.8151337

>>8151331
Fuck anon if you won't do it hook me up with some sweet, free burando.

I have no dignity, no shame, and not enough money.

>> No.8151338

>>8151201
>can't afford $4 for a new box of dye

Anon.

>> No.8151372

>>8151331
might as well, i think camwhoring works out to somewhere in excess of $95/hour for the more famous people

problem is once you get too famous people tire of you so....career longevity isn't there.

literally no drawbacks as long as you claim it properly on your taxes

doesn't matter that your SO says

especially if young just go for it

have you thought of having protected/safe sex for additional income as well?

some people have moral obligations to it, but its better money than dancing in front of a webcam

>> No.8151398

>>8151338
Cheap dyes do nothing for my hair (I've tried in the past, and even black doesn't stick) The dye I usually get is about $25. But dye in Aus is usually much more expensive than everywhere else

>> No.8151410

>>8151398
if you're that hard up for cash why not skip the dy entirely and style your natural hair

most of the time it looks much better

no this isn't a "no makeup you look good hurr durr"

its product in well maintained natural hair looks better than cheap box dye + product

>> No.8151421

>>8151410
she just said she was dying her hair to cover her roots while she grew it out. are you illiterate?

>> No.8151428

>>8151410
She already messed up her hair with the wrong dye that a stylist gave her. She wants to fix it.

>> No.8151578

> mfw gaining weight again
> mfw terrified of it
> mfw resorting to purging as a coping mechanism
> mfw I have no face
I just don't want to be fat again. One of the many reasons being that I want to cosplay waifish characters (to be on topic).

>> No.8151594

>>8151578
I learned to eat only things I've cooked myself, or raw veg and shit like that to stay thin, sounds crazy, once in a while I'll eat like normal people if I get invited to eat with friends, but Im a good cook and dont mind healthy snacks I steal from walmart and ring them up as onions, which are much cheaper by the pound, so Im cheap, thin, and can eat crap once in a while if I watch calories and I never have to throw up and waste anything.

>> No.8151643

>start to make friends at uni
>all hide their powerlevel so they're perfect for someone like me
>they're still nerdier than me but that's ok
>the two like to only gather to each other and talk to themselves
>leave me out of things
>they're deep down bitch attitudes but same
>always feel like I'm trying to hard to be their friend
>just start copying them so they'll notice me
>feels stupid copying them and now it feels like they hate me
>tfw no friends
>tfw no one likes me

>> No.8151653

>>8151643
Be my friend. I have no nerd friends at uni.

>> No.8151672

>Carnaval in my town.
>My town is a really really really small town, also really closeminded (to the point they beat up a gay couple for holding hands)
>Strolling around town in really toned down costumes, still everyone looking at us because "no person older than 5 would willingly wear a costume, they must be crazy or part of some parade"
>AND SUDDENLY
>IN FRONT OF ME
>THE BEST ARMIN ARLETT COSPLAYER I HAVE EVER SEEN
>His wig was fucking incredibly styled, the cosplay was very neat and well crafted, the makeup was on point.
>I stare at him, awestruck.
>Want to say something to him or take a pic but he leaves and my parents push me to keep walking
>"Don't worry anon-chan you'll see him any other day"
>I never saw him again
>I love you and your courage Armin cosplayer. Pls be my friend.
And the thing is, after asking my friends I was told no one else saw him, and I haven't seen him around town. At this point I'm starting to think I allucinated him.

>> No.8151677

That feel when your skin decides to be super dry the night before a meet up and makes your makeup look weird...
Put a layer of moisturizer so thick I look like bad shironuri.

>> No.8151692

I wrote a long post on BTB on how a certain autism typing therapy is a scam, but my comment won't show up. I'm not going to do it another time, so I'm gonna hope that that person reads it here. It may look inspirational, but it is fake dammit!

>> No.8151693

>>8151692
That happened to me when I posted anon and included a link. The spam filter killed it immediately.

>> No.8151729

>>8151693
That's probably what happened. Good to know.

>> No.8151740

>>8151176
I don't understand how people can be that controlling in relationships.

>> No.8151746

>>8151201
If you're in Australia, the hairdresser should refund or replace under consumer law. Go look it up.

>> No.8151830

> be fat
> start attempt to lose weight once again
> tfw feeling like shit
> tfw start eating like shit
> fat again

Why can't I have any form of self control. I just want to be cute

also

> log into Gaia
> look at the banner
> log out of Gaia

I hate brain so much

>> No.8151837

>>8151740
you just tell the person you're dating to do shit and the comply

>> No.8151839

>>8151176
maybe just fuck off then?
if you talk every six months is it really necessary to go through all that trouble to talk to him? unless you still have feelings for him, in which case you definitely need to stay away.
it's not like you don't have a boyfriend or friends probably.

>> No.8151871

>cosfriends are all fairly pretty
>I'm not the sort of person who thinks everyone is gorgeous, I just happen to have an attractive friendship group
>they bitch about body image insecurities constantly anyway
>fucking sick of being around them

>> No.8151888

>>8151839
He's just on Skype.
It's like... "Oh hey: super robots. Oh yeah (person) likes those" *l
>links
Cool?
Yes.

She needs to get the hell over it, but I'm blocked so I guess I won

>> No.8151901
File: 991 KB, 500x255, 1396643289261.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Less than two weeks before the con and I don't wanna sew anymooore... I want to watch anime, play GTA V, eat ice cream and generally just laze around... ;___;

>> No.8151917

>Be me this moring about to buy BL carrousell jsk in black and some shoes
>Suddenly my bf wakes up and says "we have to hurry, we are having lunch with my dad in half an hour"
>Quicky close all tabs before buying bc dont want my bf to know I'm spending more money
>"Its ok I'll buy it ass son as we come back"
>Dress out of stock.

I feel so stupid, had one hour lurking for cheap ass accsesories before buying

>> No.8151922

Over a month ago, I ordered one of my dreamu dresses from a shopping service. She shipped it via EMS, and my package has literally been "dispatch from office of outward exchange" (whatever the fuck that is supposed to mean) in Tokyo for a month. I usually don't do EMS shipping so I have no idea what the fuck is going on and I just want my fucking package.

>> No.8151927

>go to university
>become a neet and never go into school unless labs or tests
>lose 90 pounds in a process of a year now 170 thinking people will like me more
>no one talks to me
i dont even cosplay but skimming through /cgl/ and /fit/ at least gives me a little socialization to get me through the day.

>> No.8151939

>>8151922
Means its stuck in customs anon.

>> No.8151945

>>8151939
How do I unstuck it?

>> No.8151949

>>8151927
Honestly anon you don't need anyone. That's a sign that the right man or person hasn't come yet.

>> No.8151959

>>8151949
thats what my doctor said when my mom told him about me never having a gf. also according to my doc I have extreme anxiety and depression. ever since i moved to canada I just havent had any contact. sorry if im venting

>> No.8151961

>>8151945
If I knew then I would have my package already. I'm going through the same thing. Again. Last time I never received my package when that happened so I'm hoping it's not the same in your case and it's just delayed.

>> No.8151965

> Made new friends off /cgl/ months ago
> Had bad experiences with (now estranged) family and bad friends in the past
> These new friends are awesome
> Doesn't want to show any negative emotions in fear of losing them
> Go through every day bottling up my depression and anger
> I fear that these feelings will eventually explode and I lose them anyway

>> No.8151969

>>8151965
Maybe get a therapist?
That's what adults do when they don't have anyone to talk to too.

>> No.8151974

>>8151959
Anon unless you're 40+ there's nothing wrong with not having a gf. There are some people who don't have gfs or bfs at 50 like my cousin.

Also are you taking medication or doing something about your depression?

>> No.8151995

>>8151068
But stars are bigger than planets...

>> No.8151999

>>8151969
i might do that thank you
>>8151974
not at all. last time I took meds for depression i developed a rare side effect of tinnitus, a constant ringing in my ears. according to the surveys I took for my doc he was shocked that I wasnt suicidal at all. To be honest I dont even feel depressed, just lonely with no one to talk to.

>> No.8152008

>>8151974
>Anon unless you're 40+ there's nothing wrong with not having a gf.
This bothers me.
I understand you're responding with this because the anon obviously desires a partner but it's kind of sinister to imply there's something fundamentally wrong with people who are alone in middle age.

>> No.8152013

>>8151969
>>8151999
oh shit that post wasnt directed to me... fuck im sorry

>> No.8152023

>>8150653
>walking as exercise

There are a million better things you could be doing inside, or just man up and go outside. Don't let cold slow you down.

>> No.8152039

>>8151927
Maybe find some sort of collecting hobby and find an online group of similar collectors? They are very social sometimes but it's still a mostly online thing. Or mYbd a book club or join a read-along on a site like Goodreads for books you like. Or a gaming community or group that plays an mmorpg. One of these might let you practice socializing in a lower-stress environment, then work your way into doing more things offline with your interests.

>> No.8152084

>>8152039
ill try my best to, if anyone wants to snap me my name is vice.versa . I really do need people to vent to

>> No.8152099

>>8151917
Never mind, it might pop up second-hand for cheaper.

>> No.8152115

>>8151053
I've seen your dress and I would love to have it, but I'd wear it casually/for otome and so I feel like I wouldn't be able to offer you top dollar for it. I really hope you find a buyer for it, because it's super cute.

>> No.8152125
File: 19 KB, 339x307, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Volunteering to help costume a pretty big show for my portfolio
>Spend months constructing/sewing/buying outfits
>Director only likes three of them
>Finish the other outfits to his preferences in 2 weeks, about 2 hours of sleep a night
>Find out I'll be helping out in the dressing room with makeup and costumes during the show
>mfw I'm the only person backstage who knows how to handsew, dye hair, or clean up, apparently
>Spend entire 3 hour show running from stage left to right, helping with quick changes, dying and redying hair, cleaning, sewing, getting water for cast
>mfw the rest of costume/makeup crew just watches netflix the whole time
>mfw I don't get any thanks from cast members
>mfw one maliciously, intentionally hits me several times
>Can't do anything because she's the lead
>mfw I fucking hate theater people

>> No.8152130

>>8151037
No one is thinking they won't gain weight. That's the reason she had regret.

>> No.8152136

>>8152125
should have just not helped over a reasonable amount. afraid of getting yelled at? well, you won't be alone if the whole department is getting yelled at! they took advantage of you because you let them.

>> No.8152160

>new gf refuses to cosplay anything "moe" or cute
at least being single gives me more time to work on my own cosplay projects.

>> No.8152162
File: 977 KB, 499x281, 1390767891072.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8149863
>be pasty white girl with natural poo brown hair (level 3-4 depending on how clean it is and how much I've been outside)
>it clashes with my skin tone a lot and always makes me look dirty for some reason
>my perfect shade is a honey blonde
>mfw I have to dye my hair for the rest of my life if I don't want to look like literal shit
oh well, at least it's strong and doesn't get damaged easily, but I hate having visible roots

>> No.8152175

>>8152125
You should have made the others fetch water, given that anyone knows how to do that.

>> No.8152189

>>8152008
There isn't imo but society seems to have this notion that if you are that age you should be married and not a virgin. Unless anon is that age they shouldn't have to worry about society 'judging' them which would give them more anxiety.

Again this is not my opinion.

>> No.8152199

>tfw horrible weather conditions make you cancel a photoshoot

I was so excited and then I remembered I live in Florida. We can't have nice things here.

>> No.8152209

>want to get into a new style of j-fashion
>the cost of building a basic starter wardrobe is making me not want to bother
>I just keep reading fashion blogs longingly and wishing I had endless disposable income

>> No.8152241

>>8152199
>horrible weather
>Florida

Yea, it must be soooo awful

>> No.8152245

>>8152241
maybe horrible for them means hot as fuck

>> No.8152250

>having old feels for ex gf

>making a cosplay alone waste more money then I should

>tfw no gf to talk about street fashion and cosplaying

>> No.8152257

>>8152241
constant sudden downpours, dat heat and humidity. FL isn't some beacon of nice weather like some people think.

>> No.8152259

>>8152257
And the bugs.
I've visiteed.
So. Many. Bugs.

>> No.8152282

>>8152259
So. many. cockroaches. EVERYWHERE. and I LIKE bugs, and cockroaches even, but hot damn, way too many...

>> No.8152316

>>8152241
i live in florida too
i wouldn't ever call our weather "horrible" unless it involved hurricanes
but it can get hot, rainy, and humid as fuck, yeah
which isn't great for outdoor events obviously

>> No.8152352

My local lolita community doesn't invite me anymore to meets. It hurts when I see their meetup pictures posted all over FB when I know I haven't even been invited.
I am really hurt and I talked to one of them, she told me I should just join the FB group (which I avoid due to some people I don't want to see) and she says it's nothing personal.
But this person was supposed to be my best friend and ever since she's got a new boyfriend last summer, she's been blatantly avoiding to see me and only talks to me like once in a blue moon.
I am really tempted to deleted all of them off my FB but they are the only local friends (or rather, "friends") I have and that sucks.

>> No.8152368

>>8152352
Whenever anyone finds a new mate, they always kinda cease to exist to anyone else.
Try to not take it personally.

>> No.8152370

>>8152352
>FB group

Do they just organize everything through the group?

They probably just have events for the group, to keep it simple. Instead of inviting a bunch of random people. So, you are just being left out because you never joined the group

>> No.8152372

>>8152370
They organize things in the group but I left for good after a big quarrel with someone who was part of the group. I am not looking forward to join again.
Still, before, this girl would always tell me about meetups and now she never mentions them.

>> No.8152396
File: 31 KB, 604x450, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>out of no where friend asks me to couple cosplay with her
>get super excited because i haven't got any plans
>she tells me i should cosplay ciel because i'm about the same height as the character
>i want to cosplay ciel but i don't want to be labeled as weeaboo
>every black butler cosplayer i know is either a freak, weeb or in their pre-teens
>mfw i go through inner struggle

>> No.8152400

>>8152372

Well, it's still basically your fault. You left the group, but expect to be included in the group.

>> No.8152415

>>8152372
>no longer in group
>Group holds get togethers for the GROUP
>mad because you're not invited to group outings

It's none of your fucking business anymore. GTFO

>> No.8152418
File: 995 KB, 500x281, 1423529168260.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I saw my ex's current girlfriend

>mfw I'm prettier.

Hey, who said the feels had to be bad?

>> No.8152423

>>8152418
Maybe she's less of a cunt, so it's still an improvement

>> No.8152426

>>8152423
Actually no.

She's fucking insane. I feel sorry for him. She literally controls who he is and isn't allowed to speak to. He now has no female friends. poor guy.

>> No.8152430
File: 699 KB, 599x858, w8UQlQg.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.8152441

>>8152423
Omg someone posted something rather selfish! LET'S JUDGE THEM ON ONE SENTENCE TO MAKE MYSELF FEEL SUPERIOR EVEN THOUGH IM PROBABLY WORSE.

>> No.8152455

>>8152430
why would you have pigtails in and then take a shower, that doesnt make any sense

>> No.8152474

>>8152430
So what you're telling me is that guys think with their neck and girls think with their shoulder?

>> No.8152487

>>8152430
One thing I've never understood about this. Why is Jessica Albert the female feelsguy?

>> No.8152520

>friend messages me to not tell her husband how she sees everything as how it could be used as a weapon on herself.
This is sickening to hear from a loved one. :/ I love her and don't want her to hurt herself. I told her she's loved and that if she ever needs to talk that I'm here. It's all I've been thinking about. I know self harm is very complicated but I feel like I'm not helping as much as I could or just not helping the right way...

>> No.8152529

>working on something I picked because I thought it would be easy to make it nice.
>self made pattern fails.
>can barely understand the pattern I got instead. Shirt's construction is shit.
>pant construction from pattern is shit.
>cut bangs on wig too short.
Ugh. I feel like such a failure. This is really one of my only creative outlets and I hate that no matter how much I try it always comes out looking like shit. Is it normal for bought patterns to just fuck up this much? How do I start making my own patterns that actually work?

>> No.8152551

>>8152529
What are you trying to make?

>> No.8152564

>>8152455
Exactly what I was thinking.

[spoiler] Are you me? [/cglhasnospoilers]

>> No.8152600

>>8152241
>>8152245
The heat isn't a problem as much as the sudden downpours that last for either ten minutes or four hours at a time. They're completely random sometimes and when scheduling outdoor events they can be a huge problem. They range from absolutely nothing to terrible thunderstorms and the weather is always so fickle.

There's also the humidity that comes from leftover showers that makes even walking outside uncomfortable and exhausting when you're wearing a cosplay with layers. And with the rainy season around the corner, things are going to be awful.

I think the best way I've heard it told is "Put your wet clothes in the dryer and let it run for 15 minutes, then stick your head in and that's what Florida feels like 80% of the time."

>> No.8152608

>>8152396
I'd do it to have fun with my friend and because I like the anime and Ciel's costumes. But you got that right, BB fandom at large pretty much is crazy. Wear a no-glomp button and watch your back.

>> No.8152812

>liked a boy last semester in my class
>found out he had a girlfriend
>stopped
>became friends
>hes in my class this semester too (it was a 101 followed by a 102 class)
>i dont like him
>nah
>N a h
>had dreams about him 4 nights in a row
>nothing sexual, just hanging out??
>but oh no I think i still like him
>fuck i still really like him

>> No.8152833

>>tfw want to be a trap so fucking bad but too tall and masculine looking
>>tfw pursue male beauty through lifting instead
>>tfw still desperately want to wear qt clothes and cosplay as grill characters
>>tfw jacked but want to be small

Ironically cosplaying as females isn't played out now is it? I mean I've seen all the Mandokas and various male touhou cosplays out there.

>> No.8152857

>>8152352
Join the Facebook group and block the people you don't want to see? No offense anon but you're basically expecting special handholding because you don't get along with some people.

>> No.8152884

>having social anxiety
>cant make friends at college
>want to get married so i can not have a career
>pretty sure no one wants ugly girl with SA
>what will come of me?

>> No.8152887

>>8152833
if the only reason you want to be a girl is to wear cute clothes then it's probably just a faze, you should probably just learn to accept yourself for who you are.
and yeah if you're funny you can totally do a mandoka or whatever

>> No.8152890

>>8152352
uh sorry but you cant expect anyone to put you as #1 in their life.
men wont do it and neither will friends...

>> No.8152893

>>8152833
why dont you just accept it as a fantasy
why let a fantasy you jack off to become part of your real life
come on dude
man up

>> No.8152897

>>8152884

Stop being fat, then wait around until a dude asks you out. Go from there.

>> No.8152908

>>8152897
nice ASSumption.

>> No.8152919

>>8152908

You said you were ugly, not me.

>> No.8152926

>>8152919
ugly =/= fat.

>> No.8152938
File: 498 KB, 500x243, face ache.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Decided to get off my ass and lose some pounds, built some muscle.
>Lose two inches from my midsection, drop ten pounds
>Lifeisgood.jpeg
>Feeling great about myself (have self esteem issues)
>Get on facebook.
>Today is the day everyone decided to post their gym progress photos.
>Everyone is thinner than me.
>Self esteem goes out the window.

Feels bad man...

>> No.8152939

>>8152887
>>8152893
It's not just a fantasy, I've had this longing for as long as I can remember. I really like qt grill clothes more than male clothes. I still try to embody androgynous/pretty male aesthetics since it's the closest thing I can be now, but it just hurts to know I can literally never be the thing I want to be. I guess this is basically just pure whining at this point though so I'll stop.

>> No.8152944

>>8152938
It's ok anon! Just remember that your progress is yours and you are doing a fantastic job of it. Everyone progresses differently - just keep at it!

>> No.8152948

>>8152939
get married to a caring, good submissive woman. then share this secret with her and wear all the dresses in the bedroom.

no need to make this a public thing. god made you man for a reason.

>> No.8152976

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/345/629/cb3.jpg

>> No.8152979

>>8151264
fat transform into muscle?

What?

>> No.8152997

>>8152948
>God made you a man for a reason.

How do you know it wasn't a sick joke?

>> No.8153000

>>8152979
>expecting women on /cgl/ to understand fitness

>> No.8153003

>>8152997
god loves us. only satan would convince you that gods plan is evil

>> No.8153084
File: 113 KB, 500x293, DREAM COME TRUE.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>got a job at legoland!!
>drive is 2 hours away not including traffic

i'm still so happy that i got the job to begin with though, so yaaay

>> No.8153088

>>8153084
>4 hour commute everyday, without traffic
I hope you get an apartment nearby fast. You're not going to last if you don't. I also hope you're not one of the grunts because you're not going to make enough money to afford a place

>> No.8153111

>>8153088
if i get promoted to part time, i'll look into it, yeah. But i am one of the grunts so here's hoping i do and do not get promoted i guess?

>> No.8153119

>>8153084
You so-cal?

>> No.8153120

>>8153119
yup

>> No.8153125

>>8151144
This, weren't people in norther NY like completely snowed in and some of them died because of it.

Some of you people are stupid and don't know what's going on in the world.

>> No.8153132

>>8153120
SD-fag here I work not far from legoland but heard mixed reviews on working there depending on what your doing. area is not cheap to rent so you'll have maybe a 20-30 min drive from it for cheap housing. tho congrats on landing a job.

>> No.8153137

>>8153132
i heard that too, but i didn't hear anything bad about admissions, which is what i'm doing.

so long as i don't have to take the fucking 5, i'll live wherever

>> No.8153139

>>8152418
>Hey, who said the feels had to be bad?
No one did, we have good feels in here all the time.

>> No.8153181

>>8149863
>tfw can't even sew
>tfw went to fanime, there was a windwill guy who had that thing on his back that actually played full audio Song of Storms when he rotated the handle.
>tfw I have 0 fucking clue how he did that.

>> No.8153213

>>8152926
Yes it does

>> No.8153224

>>8153111
wait, promoted to part time?
and if you're a grunt that means near minimum wage
you're going to be burning most of your pay on gas right now
is the job market that bad in your area?

>> No.8153229

>>8153224
yeah, i'm hired for the season, so i'll be done at the beginning of september unless they like me.

i would say so? i'm in chula vista, so there's too many people here. I've looked for 3 years near my area, and it's all been not pleasant.

>> No.8153232

>>8153213
im not fat yet im ugly NIGGA

>> No.8153236

>>8153229
damn, my condolences. chances of you burning out are high. it's one thing to have a big ass commute and make good money. it's another to have a big ass commute, work a whole day, and make something like $50 a day after taxes and gas. maybe even less depending on your car's gas mileage.

>> No.8153243

>>8153236
yeah, hopefully they like me enough idk, i just want the experience for my resume at the very least

>> No.8153248

>>8149863
>Get asked to do music video for band in lolita
>'We'll pay you $150-$200 + gas anon'
>sure!
>drives down there
>friend forgets to set alarm clock
>sleeps in until 10:30
>has to leave at 11:30
>gets ready in a hurry
>drives over there in a rush
>get $100
>forget to send parents address of dude for safety reasons
>get yelled at my parents
>lose their trust
>still made money
>parents really upset
>happy yet not happy

>> No.8153251

damn yall bitches crazy

>> No.8153255

>>8153232
Then play on your strengths ad choose flattering clothing items/accessories, I'd go for contacts, but my dark circles make me look angry so I stick with glasses.

>> No.8153256

>>8153248
You have to be 18 to be on this website.

>> No.8153262

>>8153251
lol

>> No.8153265

>>8153256
I am almost 20
I still live with my parents because there's no dorms for the tiny college here in town

>> No.8153286

>>8153248
parents are dumb.

>> No.8153292

>>8153286
They are just worried about my safety, although I certainly didn't go alone, I had never met the guy before today. So I can see why they are upset, but honestly, I didn't feel like I was in danger

>> No.8153350

>>8153243
what industry do you work in or trying to work in? because I know if you aim for the kitchen they make some sweet money. I hear admin is the best position to get in there.

>> No.8153352

>>8153350
i've been hired for admissions

>> No.8153469

>almost done with grad work
>"wow I've been out of high school for six years!"
>look at my old high school friends
>made friends with a lot of emotionally unstable people because I was that way then too
>difference is I did very well in school and didn't want to fail at life

>one friend got pregnant one week after dating some guy a few months ago
>she's never had a job, didn't get a GED, and thinks her role in life given to her by God is to be a good mom even though she clearly hasn't the means
>I'm invited to her baby shower..

>her sister went full SJW because she has an online college "degree" and actually blocked me because I was an ableist, ignorant cis scum
>she actually used to be pretty nice and I let her borrow my clothes and hang out at my place

>other friend had a kid in high school (dropped out to work at kfc)
>still works dead end job
>histrionic personality and attention whore now
>actually got busted by police for having lied about someone "mugging her engagement ring" while out on a jog
>always complains and begs for rent money on fb while coincidentally having enough money to buy more poorly executed tattoos

And this is only a few.
They all act better than me because they think they're doing more "mature" things with their lives because I don't have their baggage. I can spend my extra money on lolita and cosplay because I chose not to make kids I can't take care of, and I got a real degree to ensure that I could get a better paying job. I feel bad that I resent them now, we used to be a close group.
>tfw you realize things can't be what they were and everyone's carefree innocence is disappearing

>> No.8153499

>>8153469

I'm kind of glad I cut those people out of my life once I went to college.

I remember being that 3edgy5me kid in high school who didn't want to become the 'stereotypical' good kid with good grades who goes to grad school, but I guess that's where I am now herp herp. And I'm happy that I'm in it - I enjoy my work, I will hopefully get a job in two weeks or so, and once I get it I can start spending my hard earned money on lolita.

I think it's because you've planned your life out well (and a bit of luck) that you're still like that anon. It shows that you're much more mature and a much better planner than your friends. TBH they sound really toxic - I can't judge from a single greentext post, but you shouldn't listen to them and keep doing what you want to do because honestly, it's your life, and once you have everything together you can do what you want.

>> No.8153566

I'm asian and my boyfriend is white and he's a hardcore /pol/fag.

Not sure how to feel about this - I agree with him about blacks for the most part, but not so much about jews

>> No.8153613

>>8153566
ooo gurl I feel that feel.
Except I'm hispanic, and my boyfriend is a Russian Jew.
>he hates practicing jews
>thinks Asians are 'shifty'
>obviously deeply prejuiced against 99% of blacks
I can sort of see why he'd find it appealing since we're both from 1st gen immigrant families which tend to be a bit more racist, but damn. If I have to hear another redpill rant I'm going to start investing in earplugs.
a-atleast he's sweet otherwise
>tfw he REALLY likes lolita

>> No.8153701

>>8153566
>>8153613
You guys too? I'm Chinese and my boyfriend is White and pretty hardcore /pol/. Doesn't believe the holocaust happened.

tfw watched a documentary on it myself with him and now I'm doubting it

>> No.8153707

>>8153566
>>8153613
>>8153701
>dating ignorant men
I shiggy diggy doopity bop pizzap.
This should embarrass the shit out of you.
>>8153701
>tfw watched a documentary on it myself with him and now I'm doubting it
Especially you. Why is genocide so hard to believe when that shit is happening even today? The difference is it's mostly in Africa and nobody gives a shit about poor, powerless brown jungle people.

>> No.8153717

>>8153707
>Why is genocide so hard to believe when that shit is happening even today?

Some of the primary sources were just ridiculous, a guy called Yankel Wiernik in particular. He claimed that Germans stood around big pits of burning corpses laughing and smoking cigars and drinking wine.

>> No.8153719

>>8153717

Coming from an immigrant family, nobody really cares if you say bad things about blacks.

>> No.8153721

>>8153719
Sorry, meant to reply to
>>8153707

>> No.8153723

> tfw everyone seems to get hired easily except for you
> tfw too broke to go to cons

probably doesn't help I haven't had a job in 3 years. Not that I didn't want to, but there were moments in those 3 years I had enough stress and a job next to that would have been a bad idea.

I can pretend doing art commissions counts as freelance artist, right? I just want to put down at least something to fill in the gap.

>> No.8153729

>>8153613
>>8153701

>All theese women going full SJW, bitching about injustice in society
>dates actual racists/xenophobes

A girl I dated bitched about me being right-wing (Swefag, so right-wing here is like a somewhat conservative liberal by american standards).
Today she's married to a genuine racist guy, who fills his FB feed with legimate racist posts about immigrants ruining the country and shit. They even have a kid together.

Oh women.

>> No.8153731

>>8153723
>I can pretend doing art commissions counts as freelance artist, right? I just want to put down at least something to fill in the gap.
Yeah, that counts as freelancing, that's what I did when I needed a job. I also didn't have a car so I put "fitness" down under the hobby/interests part of the resume. It worked for me, at least.

>> No.8153733

>>8153731
Thanks, I should really add it because until you really write it down you don't realize how long it has been, or at least in my case.

>> No.8153734

>>8153717
>He claimed that Germans stood around big pits of burning corpses laughing and smoking cigars and drinking wine
You sound really sheltered if this doesn't sound like a completely plausible scenario to you. Humans love to torture other humans that they have deemed subhuman.
I suggest visiting theYNC if you're interested in seeing exactly what level of barbarity and indifference humans are capable of.

>>8153719
Granted. But it's no less uneducated.

>>8153729
>Swefag
>right-wing
Kek, how conservative could you possibly be?

>> No.8153737
File: 876 KB, 810x744, 1417726038307.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8153566
>>8153613
>>8153701

>> No.8153738

>>8153717
You should read up on the Stanford Prison Experiment. Getting your hands on any form of power over others can change people and make them do the most insane shit.

>> No.8153740

>>8153729
Immigrants really are ruining Sweden though. Shit, I'm not even white (I'm Asian) and I can see that.

>> No.8153742

>>8153734
>You sound really sheltered if this doesn't sound like a completely plausible scenario to you.

Not her, but it's entirely implausible. A big problem with the holocaust is the blanket acceptance of eyewitness testimony because documentary evidence is hard to come by. In that case it would involve soldiers drinking on duty and laughing around thousands of pounds of burning flesh, which would cause virtually anyone to retch.

>> No.8153746

>>8153742
>Not her, but it's entirely implausible
Even if you don't believe the testimony of the Holocaust, there is video evidence of humans enjoying mass killing. Therefore, it is plausible.

>> No.8153747

>>8153734

>how conservatice could you possibly be?

According to myself, not at all. Your average republican hardcore christian family values poitician would probably consider me a hedonistic satanist.

Compared to the left-wing extremists in that new "feministic initative" bullshit political party that started here? To them I'm basically Hitler.

>> No.8153750
File: 108 KB, 500x671, 1422942704364.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8153729
>implying women are a hive mind
I'm guessing most of the girls with polfag bfs come from 1st gen immigrant families - meaning they're probably left-leaning but definitely not SJW tier. Add that on to passing racism from family, it makes it pretty easy to let racist stuff slide, and makes white guys a more attractive mate. Plus they're more attracted to the sort of old fashioned family structure that conservatives like as well, strong male leading the house hold etc.
>destined to become polfag prey
>may mana sama save y'all

>> No.8153753

>>8153747
As a lefty I don't mind moderate conservatives like yourself. Then again, I'm not a batshit SJW.
Some of the most level-headed people I know are more conservative.

>> No.8153754

>>8153729

Eh? I've never been an SJW. I'm not going to leave my boyfriend simply because he doesn't particularly like blacks very much anon. I don't happen to like them either, and if you'd have grown up in a ghetto, like my family did, I doubt you'd like them very much. Sure, it sucks that he's a over the top about it at times, but that's not something I'm going to lose sleep over.

>> No.8153757

>>8153729

Sweden is legitimately awful. They're projected to go to something like 40th on the HDI rankings over the course of the next 30 years. This is from first a couple of decades ago.

>> No.8153761
File: 41 KB, 573x313, 1385752195176.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8153757
lol

>> No.8153764
File: 2.90 MB, 5000x5000, 1387150608478.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8153761

>> No.8153768
File: 199 KB, 690x734, 1425137097303.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8153764

>> No.8153792

>>8153213
No it doesn't you ignorant ass. I'm 60kg and I'm 188cm. So that must make me fat and ugly.

>> No.8153794

>>8153003
Get the fuck out of here troll hippy.

>> No.8153795

>>8153792
> 60 kg
> 188cm

that sounds pretty unhealthy

>> No.8153804

>>8153795
I am. I get infections really easy due to a tooth abscess and in general. I'm in the process of pulling it out but it took years for them to notice and a lot of red tape since they just rule it out as a UTI so I lost a lot of weight. Sadly it makes my stomach look like one of those fat girls who lost weight too quickly so I do cardo and crunches almost every day to tone it down.

I'm also on a protein/vegetable diet as in I'm trying to eat more protein and vegetables to get to my right weight.

Thanks USA. Thanks Bush. Thanks Obama.

>> No.8153810

>>8153804
good luck anon, I'm on the opposite side but around the same height and weight issues whether too little or too much always suck.
You can do it okay, you're already working hard towards it.

>> No.8153813

>>8153810
Thanks anon. The good thing is that I'm not a hambeast or fat.

The bad thing is that I'm unhealthy and my stomach gets bloated after I eat food. It's not noticeable but if I'm wearing a tank top cosplay or spandex it might be so it gives me slight anxiety to eat heavy during cons.

I didn't used to have that but the more I go on /cgl/ the more I'm concerned and stressed out over how people look and judge my appearances, which is both good and bad.

>> No.8153820

>>8153813
Don't worry too much anon, I'm a hambeast at that height unfortunately (stress eating and horrible self control is a great combi) and you just have to ignore it or remove yourself from it.
If I took everything to heart I'd be crying every time a thread turned into 'fat people suck' shitstorms again.
Try to see, when going on cgl and reading comments, if those things can be used as actual self improvement that could improve your overall health/life/idk or if it just makes you feel bad because you're thinking of unrealistic goals. If it's the latter, try to ignore it.

>> No.8153822

>>8153820
im not fat, i just have a tendancy to consume more calories than i need to in a typical day

and my body has this weird reaction that like, stores the excess caloric intake in the form of fat cells and sores it around my abdomen/hips/chest and thigh area

you know

>> No.8153833

>>8153810
>>8153820

You see I'm not the type of seagull that calls everyone fat or thinks that everyone fat is the same way. As long as you're not wearing lime green spandex shorts and your stomach is literally stressing your hem line to the point of popping I don't really mind or care. I usually try to ignore many comments but I feel bad because I want to do certain cosplays but I can't due to me height at 188cm, or because I'm black and not white or asian or petite, or because I have big lips so I can't cross play. Some people in the past took pictures just because I'm black which made me feel more self conscious.

I seriously don't understand why people with thin lips want fat or big lips. It both shocks me and makes me annoyed because I would have to have surgery to get the 'perfect' body for myself since they are a glaring factor in cosplay and no matter what I do I can't make them thinner. I know this isn't a hug box but many times when I lurk here I just feel bad. Like what if I try hard and end up in the bad cosplay thread because I didn't bind right, I didn't wear the right shape ware for my hips. a seam is out, I didn't do my wig right, I didn't do this or that right, or just because I'm black.

>> No.8153840

>>8153833
Anon, it might be a good idea to not go to cgl for a while. It can help with your self image, and if you feel bad going on cgl so often, you really shouldn't torture yourself reading those comments.

>> No.8153867

>>8153822
>I'm not fat, I'm just fat

>> No.8153895

>>8153701
tell that my grandfather who got a grenade to the face in WWII. I'm sure he'll appreciate it.

>> No.8154014

>outside cat broke his paw, had some bad injuries
>too pour to take him to the vet
>parents won't help
>contacting every no-kill in the area
>no response yet

He's going to die if he doesn't get help soon what do I do

>> No.8154045

>>8154014
I'm so sorry to hear that! IDK, maybe sell some of your lolita to pay for the vet bill? Or ask if the vet will let you pay on credit? Or ask your friends for money?

>> No.8154055

>>8154014
Make a gofundme and link to it from a facebook post and a tumblr post. Include pics of your kitty when he was healthy and pics of his injured paw. People love donating to hurt animals. Beg for people to donate and share the posts. It's obnoxious, but it works.

>> No.8154070

>>8154014
Call your local emergency vet and see if they do payment plans, many do.
Otherwise take him to the pound, better he has a chance of being put down humanly than dying in pain because you can't get him medical attention. Most animal control centers try their best and at least will patch him up and give him a chance at being adopted.

>> No.8154080

>measure myself for the first time since january
>lost 11cm over various (important for burando) parts of body
>fuck yeah

>> No.8154086
File: 913 KB, 500x281, tumblr_mqs4abH2Bp1ro3593o1_500.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8150646
>don't have time to work out
I often see the advice of working out a little while waiting for stuff to cook or the bath to fill, etc. It doesn't have to be hour-long workouts to make a difference.

>> No.8154092

>>8154080
How did you do it??

>> No.8154093

>>8154070
>>8154055
>>8154045
Thanks, guys I was considering starting a gofundme. I've emailed every vet within 20 miles but it's Sunday so nobody is open. Tbh I don't have a lot of anything to sell, I mainly cosplay and have been trying to sell my old ones for a while with no luck.

Worst case scenario, my boss would probably give me a loan. He's rich and loves cats.

>> No.8154100

>>8154092
i lost weight? i didn't lose 12cm (i can't into maths) off of EACH measurement, anon. just in total.
>4cm off chest
>1 cm off waist
>3 off hips
>4 off thighs

>> No.8154114
File: 704 KB, 500x291, What a pain.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>big con coming up
>not really that excited for it, mostly due to panic about not being ready, and other reasons

Fantastic.

>> No.8154117

>>8152013
Where do you live in Canada, anon?

>> No.8154130

>>8154093
Are there any 24 hour emergency vets in your area? Please keep us posted, anon!

>> No.8154144

>>8154014
>outside cat
no sympathy.

if you can't actually take care of a cat, don't. having an 'outside' cat basically makes it a stray who you feed randomly. and you're pretty much the cause of it getting injured because you wouldn't just let it into your home or take it to get help so someone else would. fucking dumb cunt.

>> No.8154146

>>8150646
You must be calculating your calorie expenditure or the pizza's caloric value incorrectly if a whole fucking pizza only sends you from 60% to 102%.

>>8151037
What. You think eating a pizza over several days is gonna make you fat? It's just gonna make you sick.

>> No.8154149

>>8153181
That guy was awesome.

>> No.8154152

>>8151037
Hi anon. I have a high metabolism and can eat 3500 calories a day. I eat an entire 16in pizza in 1 sitting and still have a 26in waist.

>> No.8154156

>>8151145
die.

>> No.8154179

I wish I had a female best friend who I could wear lolita with. I haven't had any super close girl friends since high school ended. My ex-best friend totally would have been into it, and we could be twinning, and going to meets together, and it would be so much more fun.

But then I remember that I stopped talking to her because she was turning into a psycho bitch, and in reality she'd probably be an obnoxious attention whore about it.

Still, I wish I knew how to make friends with other girls. I have a boyfriend so I'm not that lonely but this just isn't something we can do together, obviously.

>> No.8154304

> tfw want to drop out of uni
> tfw you feel like you shouldn't

The thing is, I'm not doing well at all. I don't really enjoy any class. Almost everyone is more passionate about it then me or more knowledgeable. It feels like i'll be making a terrible mistake if I continue, yet it feels the same if I'd stop.
Because on the other hand I'm afraid I'm overreacting and dropping out for stupid reasons.

>> No.8154311

>>8150911
What kind of interests do you have? It's important to cultivate hobbies and interests that are appealing. I realized that was part of my problem, that all I had to talk about was what I read online, read in a textbook, or saw in a game.

Do you think you pick up on social cues like others, or is that harder for you?

>> No.8154319

>>8154304
How many years in are you? Also, are you taking classes for your major or just gen ed classes? Do you feel like part of the problem is that you don't know what you want to do for a career? I hated college my first year and I dropped out (I was going to art school for illustration at the time and I wasn't as passionate about it as my classmates and I didn't feel like I fit in) but then I started taking social science classes at a big state university and I liked it way better. Now I'm getting a master's degree in anthropology.

>> No.8154322

>>8151045
How did it go? Manage to pull it off?

>>8151149
>complaining about living in Hawaii

>> No.8154327

>>8154319
First year, so rather now then later. And yeah I don't really know what I want to do. There's nothing that particularly interests me when it comes to careers unless we're talking unrealistic ones.

>> No.8154330

So I'm on continuous birth control because I have hellish two-week periods and paralysing cramps. Every now and then I get a breakthrough bleed and I don't have a choice other than to just face the inevitable.

Wake up at 5 am feeling like I have raging influenza. No meetup in Chinatown for me...

>> No.8154336

>>8151331
This is prostitution, you realize that, right? If you do that you will never be able to anyone, including yourself, that you have never sold yourself for money.

Even if you disagree, there are a lot of people who believe it is. And you will meet those people sooner or later.

>> No.8154338

>>8154152
how the hell does your body even manage to eat that much in one sitting? i have the same waist and even eating half a pizza by myself would be a stretch

>> No.8154346

>>8151672
>Armin
you're not missing anything. Worst character, worst choice for cosplay

>>8151917
Have you thought about talking to your boyfriend about your desire to spend more?

>> No.8154350

>>8154336
>having sex over the internet
Do boobs magically pop out of your screen or something? 'Cause if they do, I'd love to know where you got your computer.

>> No.8154352

>I want to cosplay a shop keep
>Bring. Small portable electric oven and make fresh sweet rolls
>Cons wont allow me to bring in an oven

Psh.

>> No.8154356

>>8154338
Bitch, don't kid yourself. That waist can easily accommodate a fucking pizza, not like it would have to considering where your stomach actually is. Maybe it's your starving habits, your waist size has nothing to do with it.

>> No.8154359

>>8154338
I always wonder this. I can't ever eat more than 3 big slices of pizza, about 1/3 - 1/2 of a medium. How do people eat an entire pizza by themselves?

>> No.8154363

>>8154359
jesus christ how do you think anyone that eats more then your or is overweight can eat so much?

It's the stomach. Get it? Eat more = stomach grows. Eat less = stomach shrinks.
There's a reason why there's surgeries that involve someone cutting your stomach to a tiny size. So you can't eat that much and thus can't eat so much calories.

>> No.8154369

>>8152520
Why does she put this on you? She needs to be confiding in her husband. They're supposed to be partners.

>>8152812
is he still with the girl?

>> No.8154378

>>8154359
Are American pizzas the size of a car wheel? 1/3 of a pizza here is like a slice of bread. The thing is, pizza is very calorie dense meaning you can fit a lot of it in your stomach unless you life of bird food and it's shrunken away.

>> No.8154379
File: 471 KB, 1280x720, Archer_S5_511_AN_Mon_10p_20_Clean_FXWEB_1280x720_212803139899.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8154359
>How do people eat an entire pizza by themselves?
How do you not?

>> No.8154388

>>8154378
An extra large size pizza maybe.

I could eat a whole pizza if it were one of the store bought kinds. They tend to be smaller, or a whole medium pizza if I were hungry enough. But this never happens.

I tend to quit after about 3 slices, 2 if I've eaten enough earlier in the day or know I'll be eating later. At least pizza is one of those foods where it's good as leftovers.

>> No.8154389

My body's finally sort of registering that I've barely hugged anyone in a year and a half, let alone had sex, and I'm just super distracted and turned on. Which would be less of a problem if I wasn't in the library with reading I really need to do for tomorrow morning. And asmr came up in a conversation and i'm suddenly hyper aware of all the sounds around and it's not helping defuse it in the least.

>whyboner.png

Sometimes I wish to join the ranks of people who have sex on a fairly regular basis, but my joy in being a hideous weeaboo most of the time ensures that's not gonna happen for a while yet

>> No.8154390

>>8154327
>unrealistic ones

Unless you mean dinosaur or space cowboy, they don't have to be unrealistic. If you put in the work.

>> No.8154393

>>8154322
>says every person who has never fucking lived here
It's a garbage ass state and worse than California.
>BUT IT LOOKS SO GOOD IN FORGETTING SARAH MARSHALL
You've never seen what the island is really like, this place is straight up island Mexico.

I can not wait to transfer from this piece of shit place.

>> No.8154396

>>8154390
If you really want to know the closest thing to a thing I'd love to do is a professional character designer. Preferably for stuff like jrpgs.
Trust me it's pretty unrealistic if that's the only thing I want to do, aka only character designing and not doing other art related things on the side except for illustrations

>> No.8154398

>>8154378
get some 8x11 papers. put them in a circle with the 8 as the radius. you now have a 16" diameter pizza.

>> No.8154402

>>8154396
so basically you want to be a character designer but don't want to do all the illustration stuff that is related to designing in the first place

sounds like a plan.

>> No.8154414

>>8154402
nah I said illustration stuff was fine
but hey I said it was unrealistic. I just don't really have any passions or goals, so I'm afraid that if I do decide to drop out, I'll go NEET and never go back.

>> No.8154416

>>8154414
the weird thing is that it actually is realistic but you'd have to put in the time to get to the point where someone hires you

>> No.8154426

>>8154416
> put in time

sound unrealistic for my standards, because I can't even get myself to do any form of homework.
I'm fucked.

>> No.8154498

>>8154414
I'm the poster from >>8154319, I wonder if maybe you'd be better off going to school and taking gen ed classes until you figure out what you want to do in life. When I was in art school I didn't really like drawing for fun outside of class like it seemed everyone else in my school did. I eventually decided that art wasn't really a career goal, I was better off doing it as a hobby. If you really hate college you could try taking a semester off and just practicing art at home, or maybe even just do some commissions so you're getting practice while making money.

Part of my problem was that all through high school, I wanted to be a mangaka, and I'd never really considered any career options besides that. Then when I got to art school the teachers were hugely biased against anime, so all of a sudden I didn't really have any direction for where I wanted to go in life, and I didn't really even know what other career options there were. Once I switched over to "normal" college all of a sudden I was around all these different people doing all these different things and I just saw a lot more possibilities for my life. Also, don't forget, it's not so much having the piece of paper that says you graduated from college, it's having the experience to do the job, that's what employers look for. If you really want to do JRPG characters, just practice a whole bunch, whether you graduate from college or not.

>> No.8154516

>>8154144
Actually he was a feral.

The mother ran around and had four litters of kittens before we could finally catch her and have her spayed. We homed every single one of those kittens except for him. Do you know how hard it is to find homes for 15 kittens?

I have three cats and two dogs already (one of them was his sister, we chose her to bring in because at least we wouldn't have another female out there) so we can't really bring him inside. We feed and water him, we built him a shelter where he's warm and dry. This area has a ton of farms that are overrun with cats, the shelters are full 24/7. Nobody wants to take in a cat that's older than 4 months without their shots, etc. I'm not made of money, and as I said, my parents refuse to help. To them he's 'just' an outside cat. He's disposable.

Don't make assumptions, fucking dumb cunt. If I could I'd have had the whole litter inside as soon as they could be away from their mother.

>> No.8154524

>>8154498
>wasting time/money with geneds

Don't do this stupid shit. I was advised to do this and wasted $5000 (thanks, student loan debt) and then came to my fucking sense and dropped out until I figured my shit out.

>> No.8154556
File: 93 KB, 250x282, tumblr_static_3hzd0vo06eck0kws44gss8cw0.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Want to go to Anime Boston this year for the first time with my boyfriend
>'I don't know anon, I'm nervous since I don't know the area.'
>Would have accompanying friends who have been before, but whatever, I won't push it, drop idea.
>A couple of weeks ago
>'I'm excited for PAX next month!'
>didn't tell me he was going
>mfw

I mean, I hope he has fun, but it sucks that he used such a weak excuse just to go against it later, and that we could have enjoyed another con together instead of just him going to one.

>> No.8154563

>>8154426

Well, yea I guess it is unrealistic to expect everything you want to just fall into your lap with no effort.

You win this round

>> No.8154587

>>8153833
>I have big lips so I can't cross play
There are women who are so desperate for big lips that they put themselves into debt for expensive surgeries. It's a matter of perspective and attitude, anon. Love your unchangeable physical features (especially ones other people would kill for, damn), and change those that can be improved.

>> No.8154591

>>8153833

>I have big lips so I can't cross play

Honey my ex boyfriend had bigger lips than I did. If he could cosplay male characters, you can too.

>> No.8154600

>>8154498
>Also, don't forget, it's not so much having the piece of paper that says you graduated from college, it's having the experience to do the job, that's what employers look for.
Maybe for some fields, but that's patently false for most. In fact, it's the opposite. Employers want a degree, any degree, because it shows dedication and commitment, but they often prefer degrees unrelated to whatever it is the job you're performing will be. You can't learn the specifics of a job in college, only through on-the-job training, and if you come into it with a head full of "knowledge" about the task then you won't listen as well and assume you know it already.

>> No.8154606
File: 30 KB, 480x246, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8154378
They are usually like this.

>> No.8154613

>>8152430
I think also guys think about girls in the shower and so fap... maybe more compared to girls.
Also, some guys don't give a fuck about what happens in the earth and just think to fuck or why they can't get a gf.
>now /r9k/ go attack me

>> No.8154619

>>8154606
>serves 3-5 people
>someone eats it by herself
somewhere there has to be something saying "hey, you're not supposed to eat the whole thing"

>> No.8154620

>>8154600
I'm not saying don't bother will college altogether. I'm saying that, from my experience, employers cared less about my BA and more about whether I'd done work pertaining to the job I was applying for. If >>8154402 switches her major and gets a degree in Psychology or something she could still apply to be a character designer if her portfolio is good, but then she'd also have a degree to fall back on (inb4 you can't get a job with a BA in psychology).

>> No.8154626

>>8154338
Same. 26" waist and I would feel sick after 3 pieces.

> ITT: either stop at 3 pieces or end up eating the entire pizza
> there is no between.

>> No.8154635

>>8154619
But they do not pay attention to serving size then cry when they get fat(ter).
Ice cream serving is also 1/2c (64g) but dessert places serve huge portions.
Unless little pizza meet for one like bagel pizza or personal size pizza, most pizzas serve 2+ People.

>> No.8154640

>>8154093
Definitely do this! Circulate your gofundme on tumblr, and try to get a payment plan for the rest.

>> No.8154663

>tfw most ppl I know who go on /cgl/ are elitists
>tfw most women and girls on /cgl/ are maximum attention whores who're only looking for orbiters
>tfw you'll never find love on /cgl/

why even live?

>> No.8154667

>>8154378
American pizzas are bigger and they have more stuff on top, usually. But it's a common binge food too. Kind of gross. If you are by yourself though and order a pizza, it's usually at least a medium.,12-14". It's certainly too much for a single person to eat all at once.

>> No.8154684

>>8154667
you'd think the size of it would deter people (i mean, the pizza's diameter is longer than your forearm) but I guess not.

>> No.8154745
File: 155 KB, 400x225, 1420424008483.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

How do you handle not having a family? My childhood was really dysfunctional so as soon as possible I got the fuck out of dodge. I thought I was ok on my own. But when me and my boyfriend started to get serious I grew really close to his family. It felt so nice going somewhere and having a mother figure to get love from. I've never seen a mom who bakes and gives kisses and likes to talk about normal girl things. But it didn't last. My boyfriend has a sister and apparently she has been addicted to drugs and in and out of prison for years. I didn't know any of this and didn't really guard myself around her. She eventually stole my wallet and took over 500 dollars from my bank account. I obviously pressed charges and she went back to prison. That's when all the stories about her threatening her ex boyfriends kids and keying his other sisters car came out. I thought it was a shit situation but it was over and behind me. But after that his family started to treat me differently and I later found out they blamed me for her going to jail. They genuinely didn't understand why I pressed charges. His mom is still nice to me but it's not the same and I really feel like my eyes were opened. Obviously I shouldn't expect to be chosen over their own flesh and blood. But for a while there I was really feeling like I was a part of something I never even knew I wanted. Now I just feel so lonely. Like is family even a real thing or am I just sad over something that doesn't exist? Me and my boyfriend are still very much together and I love him. If anyone is my family I suppose it's him. But I can't help but dream about the other stuff. I guess the only thing a girl can depend on is her burando.

>> No.8154795

>>8154745
family exists. most families don't have fucked up klepto felons for kids.

i guess if you had to describe family it would be friends but on a higher level. you back each other up, help each other out, hang out with each other, buy each other stuff, make time for them, and don't really expect anything at all for it. think of the relationship you have with your BF (is he still your BF?). you love each other, do stuff for each other, etc. it's like that, but there's more of them around. it also overrides a lot of other relationships. family first, then friends, then people you work with, people you kind of see from time to time, and somewhere at the bottom are people you don't know.

moms also have a certain way of loving their kids even when they do stupid shit. you've probably heard of the phrase "a face only a mother could love." replace it with "a daughter only a mother could love" and you're on the same track. everyone else in the world would see that daughter as being bad and would want to cut ties with them because they're not worth the trouble.

>> No.8154809

>>8154745
I think you might have handled it wrong, in a 'normal family', affairs are handled internally. If someone screws you over you talk with the parents. Its about not bringing in outsiders and loyalty to your kind. Even if there a trainwrek you gotta support them cause their family, and try to help them out and change their ways

His mom probably was thinking about you as family but felt betrayed when you pressed charges. Not because 'omg you hurt my poor daughter' but because you treated them like an outsider. Outsiders turn to the police if things go wrong with someone in the family, family members turn to each.

I think you should talked with your bfs parents about this. Maybe even apologize for handling it wrong. They will probably understand your point of view once they realize you had a dysfunctional childhood. People are much more understanding after a nice long talk.

>> No.8154814

>>8154684
The old rule 'don't eat anything bigger than your head' haha, yeah. You'd think.

>> No.8154826

>>8154809
Maybe some families handle everything internally, but mine also dealt with a drug-addicted klepto by pressing charges when we found out he'd stolen like $1000 and some shit from us.
Talking to the bitch obviously isn't going to solve the problem, and anon shouldn't let her bf's crazy sister walk all over her like his family obviously has been doing.

>> No.8154833

>>8154809
Families who "handle everything internally" when their kids are fucked up felons are called "enablers".

>> No.8154847

>>8154556
You can still go, anon.

>> No.8154857

>>8154795
Thank you anon. Yeah we are still together and very happy. I'm lucky to have someone like him in my life. Making friends is a little hard for me, I'm really shy. But I'm thinking of reaching out to my local comm and making some connections there.

>>8154795
That's a valid point, and it's honestly how the might feel. But as much of a push over as I am I just couldn't stomach letting it go. She would have faced zero consequences if it was up to her family.

>> No.8154870

>>8154826
yup. it's one thing to have a little scuffle. it's another to have a total whackjob who has proven that they're pretty much incorrigible time after time. something tells me that mom wouldn't have paid you your $500 back and just expected you to eat the cost. something also tells me that the daughter wouldn't have $500 to pay back, ever. it might be one thing if the daughter might have been able to make up for it in the future but she's too far gone to be useful, ever.

well, maybe if you wanted some drugs.

>> No.8154874

>>8154857
even internet friends are fine
people you can talk to and stuff like that

>> No.8154876

>>8154809
This is the stupidest shit, who cares if they're family, if they're a fuckup, they're a fuckup.

At a certain point you have to cut the fucking cord. If anon has proven herself to be a good person, and the sister is a piece of shit, the family should have the sense to either have done something about it, or to not get pissy when she did something about it. Clearly they know their daughter sucks.

And tbh I firmly believe in the whole 'blood is thicker than water' thing, family really doesn't mean shit unless the family has... idk, i guess 'proven' themselves? If that chick was my sister, I wouldn't even acknowledge her existence.

>> No.8154904

>>8154876
I disagree, but we obviously don't share the same cultural values. Depends how anon handled the situation, I guess. For example, if someone pressed charges on my younger brother before consulting the family/me about it (and they were a family friend), I would feel pretty betrayed. I know family members can be pieces of shit, but it's still people I loved for a greater part of my life, whether that love is rational or not.

>> No.8154924

>>8154904
>>8154876
Whatever side of the argument is right is besides the point. It's enough to acknowledge that some people feel one way, and some the other. >>8154745's boyfriend's family is possibly of the latter opinion. Given that there's a chance of that, good advice would be >>8154809's suggestion of talking to the mom about how you feel. However, do not apologize for what you did, only say you regret that it's caused a rift, or something similar. Talk things out with the family, starting with the mom, and see if things can't be repaired.

Also probably a good idea to talk to the bf first

>> No.8154943

I just started checking out apartments for when my lease is due. I feel sick.
I swear everything went up so much since last year. I'm paying out the ass for a tiny one bed room, I can't afford to pay more than I am. It's not like I even live somewhere interesting.
Maybe I'll just have to stay where I am.

>> No.8154955

>posts snapchat username in snapchat thread
>within half an hout
>'I think I recognize you from cgl'
>ohshit.png
>are you that bitch in the chess chocolate dress? Yellow star chan?
>gdi
>not even mad tho
>i deserve it

>> No.8154960

>>8154955
did you cyber

>> No.8154962

>>8154847
Spent all my money for it.
Some regrats.
>>8154809
>>8154833
Basically this. Both my mother and father were like this in their respective families and to this day they go around relying on other people and leaving a trail of suffering wherever they go.
Even if it means anons bfs family doesn't like her anymore, the sister knows she can't get away with pushing around anon now.

>> No.8154963

>>8154904
I can see that, but if it was my sibling and I didn't want someone to rightfully press charges on him, I would immediately be paying off what that person lost and then some.

>> No.8155018

>>8154955
You do deserve it, your makeup is shit, your outfit is shit, your "living doll" thing is nonexistent, and the only good thing about you is your cute dog.

>> No.8155024

>>8154809
When my mom's stepdad started molesting her and her sisters her mom (my grandmother) wanted to "handle it internally". When my mom told her she was going to the cops anyway (the only one of her siblings that didn't acquiesce), my grandmother ran away with that man and my mom started living with her aunt. She was 12 or 13 at the time. Sometimes you just have to go to the fucking police and screw family politics.

>> No.8155060

>>8154963
Yeah, of course. That's partly why I'm against pressing charges without consulting the family first. I dunno, I think the mom would have paid her back. She seems like a respectful person, just messed up upbringing one of her kids or something.

>> No.8155073

>>8154626
same, except, haven't been 26" around the waist since high school. Aside of being lazy (actually too tired to work out after work and I get up EARLY), I've noticed my body not tolerating food very easily more and more recently. I want to say I have a case of IBS, but haven't been properly diagnosed. I've been testing out different diets - cutting some things, trying to take in more/better things for me.

Ugh. Probably more of a ck feel, but tfw love food, but food hates me.

I hate that the constant bloating makes wearing lolita uncomfortable, even with shirring and I'm not even close to plus sized.

>> No.8155087

>>8155018
>haven't been posted to the bad make up thread
>haven't been posted to ita thread
>make up can't be that bad
I know my coord wasn't the best, but it certainly could have been a lot, lot worse

Thanks for the comment about my dog though :)

>> No.8155097

>>8155087
I've never seen any pics of you outside of snapchat and here, and every time I've seen you posted here people have told you to fuck off, so.

Your makeup isn't appropriate for lolita, and it looks stupid when you don't put on lower liner nor lashes, etc. and those stars don't match your outfit, which you've been told SO many times yet you keep on wearing them.

>> No.8155113

>>8155097
What about it do you not believe is appropriate about it? So I can stop doing it. People tell me that my make up looks bad, yet they never tell me what is bad about it.

I have seen tons of lolitas not use lower lashes or lower lines, so don't give me that shit

Honestly, all this shit over a god damn star clip that was a gift? It's a fucking clip.

>> No.8155123

>>8155073
I've got IBS and the bloating is terrible. I'd recommend cutting out all the basic stuff like coffee, beans, broccoli/cauliflower, fried food, chocolate, etc and see what happens. One at a time of course. The fodmaps diet is also worth a shot. There's enteric peppermint too, which I like but is a hassle.

>> No.8155146

>>8155113
It looks like you're doing crossplay makeup tbh. It looks like there's no mascara or w/e and the brown liner with the loud sweet print is unnerving and clashes. That combined with lack of other apparent makeup for the most part is extremely unsettling. Unsettling is the wrong word but I can't think of the right one to use. It just looks wrong somehow.

You need more blush, line your lower lashes a little at least, put a little pink on your lips. As of now you just look like a teenage boy in a wig.

The color of your wig doesn't go well with your skin tone either. It can be hard to find the right shades to match your skin properly but I feel that you could benefit from a darker colored wig, and something with less volume that won't eat your head as much.

As for the star clips, they just don't match and look stupid AF with chess choco.

>> No.8155151

>>8155146
Thank you
I always put on full make-up with lolita, I'll look for some new mascara and I'll search around for a new wig

>> No.8155179

>all of this really personal cattiness
This is rough reading

>> No.8155488 [DELETED] 
File: 1.44 MB, 640x360, mHv0t3R.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I-i think I have an anon crush: >>16775566

What does /cgl/ think?

>> No.8155490
File: 47 KB, 480x600, 0d3BVGFsD1s.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

> Be me
> Order some things from Y!J and Mbok
> Lovely OP and JSK, pretty rare and expensive, plus accessories
> Paid for everything, waiting for it to come to warehouse so I can pay for shipping
> Suddenly hospitalised for reasons that I don't really want to tell
> Uncoscious and in hospital for about 2 months in total
> Of course, no internet, no one knows about my items with unpaid shipping
> Finally I'm home and recovering
> Decide to check and pay on the very first day with internet connection
> They've disposed of my items

>> No.8155495
File: 1.44 MB, 640x360, mHv0t3R.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I-i think I have an anon crush: >>>/r9k/16775566

What does /cgl/ think?

>> No.8155505

>>8155097
I want to see the photo, now. I never wear lower eyeliner or lashes, either.

>> No.8155530

Posting another feel. I just reviewed the Mycons website and found out that not only has my panel not been accepted, but they ended up booking a panel room for two shows for the same hour, which was the hour that I wanted.

I'm pretty sure my panel isn't going to be accepted, which means the stage show me and my friends have been preparing for for the past two years isn't going to happen.

I'd do it at another convention, but this was the con that it started at and I was hoping it would be the one to finish at. I'm really upset.

>> No.8155587

>send in auctions to fjp
>one auction ends in 4 hours, get refund and apology email, fair enough
>see other auction end without fjp ever bidding
>few days later fjp refunds part of the money
>well eff you too, fjp
>tally up the refund, fjp kept 2310 yen
>go to website to check
>auction that was supposed to have ended within 4 hours now shows as "Bidden" and "order in transit to fjp"
>what was the first refund with the polite "I'm sorry this item is not available or sold out" for then?!

I... I don't really know what is going on...

Sort of related
>the dress I bid on is the version I wanted, priced at less that retail
>Another auction still up, but it's a different version and priced around retail (used, not new)

It used to be a dream dress, but now I'm not sure if I want to pay that much for it, but it used to be a dream dress, but now I'm not sure that is, but it used to be....

>> No.8156464
File: 2.69 MB, 500x500, 1422747328233.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

> Go for a ten mile run this morning in the sleet.
> Fail miserably at run, but manage the entire distance so ehh.
> Wind up working all afternoon, completely awful day as I had no energy at all.
> Mum rings just as closing urgently giving me a number for the uni I applied to.
> Can't get through no matter how hard I try as switchboard won't let me through.
> Look up online, think it's an offer for the veterinary medicine course I had an interview with a few weeks prior.
> Feel completely sick- cry, scream, and then throw up I'm so nervous.
> Know I can't call them until 9am tomorrow. Ok, cool, how about I go for a browse of the internet.
> Wind up on lacemarket. Search for a dress I've been looking at for weeks.
> Can't find it- get increasingly frusted- realise I don't even know the first thing about finding a second hand dress.
> Burst into tears again as it's just downright frustrating. Realise I'm being pathetic, but am also counting down the next 12 hours until I can ring admissions.

>> No.8156685

>been dieting for a few weeks
>doing okay, have a few slip ups
>today I get home and binge on everything I can get my hands on in the span of an hour
>enter everything I've eaten into my food diary
>I just ate 3,000 calories in an hour

I'll never be able to fit into the dress I want to wear if I don't stop having binges T∆T

>> No.8156787

>>8156464
What dress is it?

I mean, secondhand is pretty much just search for it, if it's not for sale you wait and search again.

>>8156685
>3000 in an hour

How fat are you? Unless you were eating insanely calorie-dense foods, that's pretty much impossible. Were you eating 100% pure sugar or what?

>> No.8156888
File: 93 KB, 1280x720, 1355580469442.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>made a friend on cgl
>get her number
>text her regularly for a week
>turns out we have a lot of stuff in common
>all of a sudden she stops replying
>text her again a while later
>it's been a few days, no response

I just wanted a female friend that was into the same stuff as I was. I'm scared of texting her again because I'm paranoid she will think I'm annoying.
A-at least it was nice while it lasted ;_;

>> No.8157120
File: 20 KB, 345x437, 144712-s-02-dl.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8156787

It's this dress I'm after. This is going to sound really newbish, but I'm not even sure I'm looking it up propely- I popped angelic pretty/corset tucked flare/just angelic pretty jsk into the search bar and wound up going through 50+ pages.

Got to love stress, managed to get to sleep earlier but it's now 2am and I can't get back to sleep. Why can't 9am come sooner?

>>8156685

Can you exercise? Whilst you need to sort out the binges at the base of things, what you can do is do a bit of damage control. I'd get out there for a run/c25k if I were you.

I always binged when I was huge, and it's something I'm still working at- in fact it's one of the big reason I run, when you burn 1k's worth of calories on a hour and a halfs run I can fit in a take away/pudding into my 1.2k calorie diet without freaking out. The worst thing you can do right now is freak, however, what I might say is that it sounds like you might be being a bit TOO aggressive on your food goals.

>>8156787

Cake/biscuits etc I'd expect on the 3k calories. Unfortunately it can be done.

>> No.8157238

>>8157120

Meant innocent world, not AP. Sorry!

>> No.8157456

>monday
>ranked up in martial arts
>got promoted at work
>able to go to con
>mondays can be good

>> No.8158000

>>8155495

>>>/r9k/16802217

Don't think it's the same guy, but this one is definately Husbando material

>> No.8158001

>>8151083
>culture
Wrong kind of lolita.

>> No.8158025

>>8152209
ooh which one, anon?

>tfw I love all kinds of Jfashion and can't pick just one
>has like 2-3 outfits for mori girl, dolly kei, cult party kei, gal
>8 indie/brand main pieces for lolita
>4 brand pieces for otome but tons of offbrand stuff
>some remainder outfits from fairy kei phase
>tfw wardrobe will never be cohesive

>> No.8158033
File: 1.39 MB, 560x315, YEEEEEAAAAHHHH.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>medical bill due soon
>getting paid at midnight
>letsgetthisoverwith.gif
>online account and customer service said that everything was paid in full
>insurance made adjustments in Dec
>gonna get $40 back

Aww yisss. Earlier, I considered making a headbow out of a jsk's waist-ties since they never came with one, and it's been a pain trying to find fabric to match since it's an old AP dress. I found one from a different series on LM, but I trust that it's the same burgundy. I probably should save that $40, but dammit, I want something to match!

>> No.8158038

>>8158025
>tfw wardrobe will never be cohesive

Umf, I know that feel. Hell, it took a long time to decide what lolita pieces worked best for me. I still can't decide which lolita style to stick to. My wardrobe consists of gothic, sweet, and classic pieces. I feel like my wardrobe would be way bigger if I just stuck to one.

I definitely had to get rid of my fairy-kei pieces (which sucked because they were so cute and the cheapest to obtain). I realized that pastels looked bad on me and I'd probably wear them a handful of times a year.

I guess in short, take a good look at your wardrobe and figure out what suits your daily lifestyle the best. It's ok to keep some pieces if they're sentimental, but I think that the best pieces are the ones you know that you'll use the most. Trying to match pieces with others (to see the number of outfit possibilities) help too.

>> No.8158070
File: 4 KB, 119x125, aaaah shit.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8158000

Did you read the thread? That got good fast. Dude went DEEP into his issues with a femanon and shit

>> No.8158746

>>8151279
>needless online aggression.

then what's /cgl/'s excuse?