[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 62 KB, 541x282, lone-lolita.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
8187423 No.8187423 [Reply] [Original]

Let's talk Lone Lolitas.
> are you a lone lolita? why?
> considering your status of lone lolita, do you prefer a smaller wardrobe, or do you want a large wardrobe?
> how do you "enjoy" lolita? (or, how do you often indulge in your enjoyment of lolita, when you don't have local friends/acquaintances/a comm to share it with?)
> how often do you wear lolita?
> location and/or zip code, if you feel like sharing.

>> No.8187488

I'm a lone Lolita because I don't have a community in my part of the state and I don't have an interest in joining a community. I don't really have an interest in making friends with people just because of clothes, and I don't like large groups. I'm also an introvert, so social things like meet ups wear me out quickly.

I actually prefer a small but balanced wardrobe, but this is unrelated to being a lone Lolita, it's more an issue of space, practicality, and being realistic about my clothing and lifestyle.

I have a lot of interest that are consider typical "lifestyle Lolita" things, so I suppose that's one way I enjoy it. I like to read lifestyle Lolita blogs like the ones Skye used to run and Lolita Charm and all that, but those are few and far between anymore, so these days I just read Skye's old blogs on the Wayback when I need inspo. Sometimes I wish I had someone to talk about the clothes to but when I feel that way I find it's best to step away from thinking about the fasion for a while. I feel that there is one benifit to this though, the fact that all the choices I make involving the fashion are my own since nobody is influencing me. I feel like I'm being original. I'd like to think more on this but I don't have the time right now.

I don't wear Lolita very often since I rarely have a chance or reason to. I also have health concerns that make Lolita a bit uncomfortable at times. I'm going to make a goal this year to wear Lolita at least once a month, even if it's just to go grocery shopping, and I want to wear it casually more often too.

I'm located in the Midwestern USA, but towards the eastern side of it.

>> No.8187499

Lone Lolita in northern Loisiana. I'd prefer a medium sized wardrobe (variety without worrying about neglecting anything), but only have a small wardrobe.

>> No.8187606

Lone lolita because even though the community in my area is big, I don't really feel like I connect with most of the girls. I don't watch anime, I'm out of school, and I'm twice as old as a few of them. Plus social anxiety, etc. But I'll wear it when I go out to dinner with non lolita friends, or when I go shopping. I don't wear it every day, and think the idea of a lolita 'lifestyle' is pretty dumb tbqh.

>> No.8187654

>>8187488
You sound like you have an interesting take on lolita--I know blogs are all but dead, but have you ever considered starting one? I'd like to look up the blog you mentioned through the Wayback Machine, too--would you happen to recall the name of Skye's blog?

>> No.8187661

>>8187654
Not that anon, but it's Princess Portal I believe.

>> No.8187711

>>8187661
Thank you; I found it.

>> No.8187717

>>8187654
Ha ha ha, well, I don't know if my take on it is interesting, I guess I just still have sort of an old school attitude when it comes to the fashion maybe? I've never taken it very seriously either, I just do what I enjoy I guess.

I've thought about starting a blog many times, but every time I seriously think about it I find I feel really uncomfortable with it. I have no idea why that is, I've thought on it and can't ever figure it out.

Skye's blog was indeed princessportal.com, and her smaller, newer blog was thelostprincess.com. I enjoyed both of them. She reminded me of myself so much, and the kind of person I wanted to be, so it made me sad to see her disappear. It feels a bit like loosing a friend.

>> No.8187963

>>8187717
If you like The Lost Princess, look up theunicorndiaries.com on the wayback, it's a similar type of blog. Shame it also was taken down by it's owner.

>> No.8187975

I'm a lone lolita mainly because of location but I really like talking with lolitas. Has cgl ever considered making a permanent chat room somewhere for lone lolitas (and non lone lolitas ofc) to talk?

>> No.8187995

>>8187423
Doesn’t this keep getting posted, around every few months or so with the exact same picture and green text accompanying it?

>> No.8188058

>>8187995
It may, but since there are people still responding to it...

I know that I've seen at least one similar thread before and I'm not a /cgl/ regular--maybe OP's just really lonely. We're here for you, OP!

>> No.8188065

>>8187975
There was an old chat from ages ago. Can't seem to remember the link though.

>> No.8188074

>>8187975
I feel like somehow this would be hard because drama llamas who have made enemies with their comm and have decided to become lone will come in and shit things up with drama

>> No.8188182

I'm a lone lolita. There's no one that wears lolita in my city (it's a smaller, conservative city in central Texas). I've been alone for a long time. I occasionally find someone that's heard of it and likes it, but doesn't dress that way. I don't know if I could join a comm because I'm comfortable like this, and I fear that I'm older than most people in nearby comms and I would have a lot in common.

I get to dress up maybe once a month. I'm trying to move and hopefully get the chance to wear it more often. I prefer a medium sized wardrobe.

>> No.8188539

I'm a lone Lolita, but its kind of strange, I don't feel alone.

I'm a very solitary person by nature. I don't have friends and I'm not really interested in social endeavors. I don't avoid it or choose not to engage in those things. It just happens that I am completely happy being alone/ by myself that I just don't even think about those sorts of things for weeks or even months. I'm also fairly shy and don't really get along with people very well, so that doesn't help.

Although I lead a very solitary life, sometimes I emerge from my shell and interact with other lolitas online. There is such a massive online community that I can just visit anytime.

Something rather poignant that I realised recently: I'm preparing to go overseas for the first time for about 4 months to study. I'm really scared. I've never been so far away from my support network (my family and my boyfriend). I'm so scared to be that alone, even though I am such a loner.

But then I realised.

I'm not alone. Where ever there are lolitas or lolita communities, I will always have a friend, no matter where I travel too. It's something that I think is very beautiful about the lolita community and something that is often taken for granted.

As for wardrobe: I wear it any chance I get, (Although I'm struggling to find appropriate settings for super OTT co-ords since I don't get out much). I prefer a larger wardrobe. As I'm not a member of a comm I don't feel pressured by other lolitas to appear in a certain way or have the "latest/most up to date" look/ dress. So I don't care about wearing pieces that are off trend, unpopular or dated. If I like it, I'll buy it.

>> No.8188827

>>8187423
Yes. I used to be in a comm but I had nothing in common with anyone in it and they were all really weird so I ended up just breaking off all my ties with them.

> considering your status of lone lolita, do you prefer a smaller wardrobe, or do you want a large wardrobe?
I have an average sized wardrobe now, not too big not too small

> how do you "enjoy" lolita?
I like to window shop and look at my own dresses. I have self image problems so I don't wear it very often because I don't feel like I'm doing the clothes justice

Unfortunately not very often. I don't go to many events or even leave the house all that often so I feel like going through the trouble of getting all dressed up and wearing makeup is kind of a waste of time.

TX

>> No.8188887

Yes, mostly because I'm painfully shy. I've been to one meetup years ago and I felt physically sick for the entire week leading up to it, then at the meet itself I spilled my spaghetti everywhere and left early. I'm even too shy to make friends online. Part of me wants to try again and part of me is pretty content with being alone. You seagulls are my community!

My wardrobe is currently small but I'm working towards a large-but-versatile one. For me, lolita is less a special event thing and more an everyday (or at least weekend) thing, so ideally I'd have enough clothes at some point to wear lolita for a few weeks straight without repeating too many pieces. I think OTT is cool but it doesn't really have a place in my life right now.

> how do you "enjoy" lolita? (or, how do you often indulge in your enjoyment of lolita, when you don't have local friends/acquaintances/a comm to share it with?)
I get dressed up at home and to go out when I feel like it. My boyfriend and his family love it so I always wear lolita when I visit them. I also often wear it to go fabric shopping, sometimes to go out with friends and usually when I'm visiting my own family. I tend to get the most 'dressy' when I'm just sitting at home, sewing and watching television or listening to music.

Between every other day and once a week, depending. I currently work at home so I can wear it whenever I feel like it but a few months from now I'm starting a more conventional desk job and will probably have to dress down a lot. Still going to wear dresses and skirts every day, though!

> location and/or zip code, if you feel like sharing
Western Yurop

>> No.8188891

>>8188827
You sound like the weird one here.

>> No.8188893

None of my friends are into lolita, and I'm too shy/socially inept to join my local community (it's small-ish and kinda intimate)
I have a small-ish wardrobe (15 main pieces), but there is quite a few dresses that I really want, so I guess I'm aiming for medium to large-ish.
I wear lolita when I feel like it, but my self-esteem is terrible, so I usually just lay coords out on my bed and swoon over all my pretty dresses rather than putting them on. I like to take pictures of my stuff, organize it all on pinterest and make collages of coords. It's more a collection at this point, honestly. I usually go on /cgl/ to talk about lolita topics.
Once a month maybe? Not very often. I'm trying to wear it more often this year though.
Germany

>> No.8188915

I wasn't really the right fit for my comm. I've been a lot more happy being off on my own or with close friends.

I currently have a smaller, very basic wardrobe that I'm trying to rebuild.

I enjoy reading reviews, shopping, reading and scrolling through the various facebook groups.

About once a month.

Nah.

>> No.8188928

>>8188891
Perhaps that's the problem then.

>> No.8188948

I moved and I don't have any friends. The local lolitas are all itas too.

I have a relatively large wardrobe

I wear lolita when I want to and go to international meets

Once or twice a month

>> No.8188993

I'm in my 30's, don't really want to hang out with young girls, prefer being around my equals, I've done the whole 'hang out with people cause you all like this thing' before with vintage scooters and hated it. I'm an artist in the animation industry and they're my favorite type of people. I'm an introvert, but not shy whatsoever, I just don't care or feel a need.

I don't want to feel consumed by lolita, it's not the only style I like, so I keep it small.

I go to afternoon tea with friends and dress casual fancy.

I'm strictly casual so whenever the opportunity to dress up a little presents itself.

>> No.8189143

> are you a lone lolita? Why?

I'm a lone lolita. Mostly because there no any other lolita where I live. The first years I was wanting to be in a community but now I realised that I won't enjoy it.

So first, what it have to do with the fact of being a lone lolita?
Personnally, I prefer having a large wardrobe. Being able to put different lolita substyles, to change the colors depending of your mood and/or the weather look cool.

I wear lolita a least two times per month, mostly on weekends or simply when I can and want to wear it. I don't need a special occasion, doing shopping in town or staying at home reading are already good reasons to wear lolita.

North-West of France.

-

Also, it's only me or lolita look dumb and costumish when there is a lot of peoples who wears it in the same place? Well, it's probably looking dumb and costumish all the time but being alone have a sort of cool effect ...it's becoming mysterious somehow.

>> No.8189188

I'm just not a very social person and I don't feel the need to hang around other people just because we wear the same fashion.

I want a large wardrobe.

I have my husband to share it with and very few select friends, even if they don't wear it. I wear it out everywhere, movies, the mall, restaurants, the fair, etc.

No exact number, it just depends if I am feeling like it.

WA state

>> No.8189193

>>8189143
>Also, it's only me or lolita look dumb and costumish when there is a lot of peoples who wears it in the same place?
I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels that way. When I go out in lolita alone, I get stares and occasionally people chatting to me about it, but on the rare occasion I'm actually with other lolitas, people act like we're a group of circus clowns. Being in lolita with normalfags is way less stressful.

>> No.8189195

>>8189143
You know, I've always felt the same way.
Meetups make normal onlookers think there's a show on in town or something.
Wearing it around by yourself seems more magical to me. Sorry for typing like a lifestyler, it's just my own personal reaction when I see pictures of other lolitas out alone.

>> No.8189212

I am. Like a lot of anons before me, I'm introverted. I was part of a comm, but after a few years our mods changed and the group started to expand. As I was getting older, the group was getting bigger and younger. I became overwhelmed and couldn't take it any more. So that's how I ended up being a Lone Lolita (with 2 Lolita BFFs I see occasionally)

I have a mid-sized wardrobe, and I feel like I'm only getting started. I was alone when I first found lolita, and my appetite for the style hasn't changed or faded since.

I meet with friends a few times a month. I'm very luck that even my non-lolita friends are very accepting of the style. I'll also wear simple outfits to go to the supermarket or out for lunch with my partner ever so often.

Once or twice a week? Pretty much every day I'm not working, if you don't count occasional pyjama days.

Where I'm from we don't really have zip codes.

>> No.8189216

>>8189212
y button y u no work

>> No.8189529

>>8187661
>>8187717
Sorry for OT but I loved Skye's blogs and I desperately wish I know where she's at these days. Like, that's probably the reason she erased herself from the internet but her writing really spoke to me and I'd just like to be able to see if she's still doing any sort of writing or photography anymore.

>>8189143
I feel stupid for admitting this but I prefer to see Lolita being worn as a street fashion and by sparse individuals instead of seeing it being worn to these large meet ups where groups of Lolita getting together. Larger groups do get more attention than one or two people, and I always felt like it was a big magical to see a random girl dressed up like she's from a fairy tale in a crowd of normal people. It really makes it stand out then.

I feel I should clarify that I don't think that there's anything wrong with meet ups for the people who enjoy them.

>>8189195
I know people hate lifestylers and anyone who sounds like one but I don't think there's anything wrong with being a little romantic about things once in a while.

>> No.8189675
File: 63 KB, 256x256, heavy breathing.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Wants to try lolita
>tfw broke
>tfw no friends that want to help you not waste a billion dollars on a coord that might turn out ita as fuck

I've been so scared to attempt because I'm so scared of messing up and ending up getting posted here or somewhere else. Is that immature?

If I was going to actually go into lolita I'd probably need to stick to bodyline or taobao for a long while because baby or ap is pretty much not achievable at this point price-wise.

>> No.8189710

>>8189675
Bodyline and thrift stores. Unless you're truly broke and never get any money it's not too expensive, especially because Bodyline has free AIR shipping right now. I currently own nothing but Bodyline and thrift store blouses because I started Lolita my first year of high school and I can't find a job yet. It probably sounds awful but I think I look fine. I keep my cords very simple because I like a more casual and old school inspired style. I think Bodyline only looks awful if it's an awful dress to start with or you try doing a really complicated or crazy coord. My first coord wasn't ita but it didn't suit me. Try clothes on in stores to find what colors and cuts suit you best and only buy what you really like and fit you instead of impulse purchasing.

I feel you on the being scared of getting posted here. Just don't put your pictures up online and ask other people not to either. I don't out any pictures of me online because I don't want my face to be on the internet.

>> No.8190069

>>8189675
Taobao taobao TAOBAO. At least they're more varied due to various indie brands and look a lot better than Bodyline.

>> No.8190104

I'm a lone lolita for now, mostly because I don't have the time or energy to devote to a community. I'd rather use my free time to be with close friends or resting a bit (I'm a university student in my final year). My wardrobe also isn't at all where I want it to be, and so I'm taking my time to build it up at my own pace. I might try joining a community in a couple years if they're cool and I look less like a hot mess.

I'd prefer a medium-to-large wardrobe, just because there are so many dresses I want. But I'm currently struggling with making a balanced wardrobe, I own way too many OTT pieces, not enough pieces that can be dressed down a bit.

I enjoy it by shopping for dresses online, by coming to cgl, surfing tumblr, and even hanging out on EGL. I'm pretty heavily invested in the online community.

Every now and again, plus I spend time playing dress up and trying on coords.

I'm from the Midwest.

>> No.8190110

>>8190069
The only thing is taobao is more expensive than Bodyline and anon said they were broke. But I do agree that they are a lot nicer than Bodyline, and a lot of those indie brands are gorgeous and have some unique stuff.

>> No.8190162

>>8189675
You should lurk the Ita and nitpick threads for a long while. Observing those threads and learning from other peoples mistakes really upped my game in regards to co-ords.

This might sound a bit strange but I will give some advice. You truly shouldn't worry about being posted to Ita threads or BTB, because almost everybody looks terrible in the beginning, its sort of a right of passage. As I look back at my beginner coords I 100% believe that they were probably posted in an Ita thread, and honestly, I'm ok with this because with a bit more experience I can identify how terrible they were. Don't feel singled out if you get posted here, because although people may laugh, A LOT of people have been posted here before. They have gone through what you have gone through. We all started somewhere.

Finally, if you do get posted here be gracious about it. You've probably been posted for a reason. So after you've sobbed for awhile, return and really look at what people have to say and view it as a learning experience. It will help you improve. Don't, whatever you do, argue about it.

As for tight budgeting, my biggest piece of advice is to be patient and don't completely disregard brand. Wait for a good deal and avoid impulse spending by being patient and reviewing your choices over time before buying. Lurk on second hand sales. You can get some excellent deals with the money you save.

eg.

>Buys fan plus friend JSK for $80
>Buys an older BTSSB JSK for only $75 on Lacemarket (such a bargain, all parts still attached, barely used quality!)
>F+F JSK gets worn once, its terrible quality and looks kinda not very good. Now have to try and sell it somehow.
>BTSSB JSK gets worn a lot, looks fantastic, will keep for a long time.

Extra hint- A few Innocent world pieces are for sale (around $50 and up) on Lacemarket. They are basic tier classic pieces that people don't want from happy packs. Cheaper than Bodyline, harder to screw up.

>> No.8192501

I am a lone lolita because I'm too busy with school to attend meetups. Dressing up even at home is a strange thing for me.
I imagine a large wardrobe would be preferred regardless of lone lolita or not, but I don't wear lolita everyday, so a small lolita wardrobe is better for me.
I love blogs. Though most lolita blogs are dead, I do enjoy rereading posts by people I used to follow. Lucky pack reveals of all fashions are beloved by me. There is a blogger that I follow and frequently check for their fashion posts, but they post himekaji things and not lolita.
Whenever I can. Which means maybe once every two/three weeks.
NY

>> No.8192529

I only recently got into the fashion after moving states. A bit shy of the local comm for many reasons, none of which actually have anything to do with the comm itself.

I have a midsize wardrobe and I'm satisfied with it, I just want to sell off some lesser-liked pieces and replace them with things that are more my style.

I enjoy it via /cgl/ mostly. I also post coords on my twitter, some of my followers are into the fashion.

Not often at all, but I want to work on my casual coord skills and wear it more often.

I'm in NC. Heard good things about the comm, but I'm older (in my 30s) and unsure if there are enough women my age group in it.

>> No.8192564

I'm a lone lolita because the part of New Mexico that I live in has no lolita presence. I live in Grant County, and I generally only wear lolita if I take a trip to Las Cruces, El Paso or Arizona.
The people here aren't very accepting of alternative fashions. Even dressing a little too much on the goth side ensures people will stare and poke fun.
I have a small wardrobe, but I'd love to expand it. I wear lolita at home if I want to feel pretty, and it's mostly just for my enjoyment.

>> No.8192574

Yes. I'm new to this city and haven't had the time or the energy to try out any local meets. I moved from a place that wasn't close to any communities, so I've never been a member of a comm before.

I have a medium-ish wardrobe, but it's still growing.

I just wear a lot of my dresses in a more otome-ish way when going out and doing normal stuff like going to bookstores/shopping/movies/etc, so pretty often. I tend to favor soft floral pieces, solids, and muted patterns over OTT stuff, and I live in a big city so I really don't stand out much at all.

Usually a few times a week. Sometimes more, sometimes less.

> location and/or zip code, if you feel like sharing
southern california

>> No.8192590

At the risk of sounding like a total bitch, I wanted to share a thought to see if anyone felt the same way.

I actually enjoy being a lone Lolita, because I feel embarrassed to see other Lolitas in person or to be around them. I can't put my finger on why but it just makes me feel uncomfortable. Maybe it's because the only experience I've had with other Lolitas in person had been bad so far, or maybe it's because Lolitas in groups call more attention and look strange like what >>8189143 and >>8189193 said.

Either way I genuinely enjoy being alone in my Lolita and I'm actually glad the local community is located too far away for me to be a part of. I'm sure the girls are nice but I just prefer to feel like the only one in my area.

>> No.8192642

>>8190162
I'd add that if you're willing to use a shopping service for taobao, you should look into the eastern 2nd hand market for pieces. I see a lot of cute dresses going for close to bodyline and f+f prices on mbok and y!j. and don't discount closet child, either! you don't even need a shopping service with them.

>> No.8192648

>>8192574
I realize I misread a question so I'm going to re-answer it

I'm on cgl all the time, I have a tumblr and I follow some lolitas on there, I watch ruffle chat and closet of frills on Facebook (mostly for the laughs). I also have some "lifestyle lolita" type hobbies and habits, so I get some enjoyment out of that.

>> No.8192954
File: 52 KB, 500x331, c500.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I am part of a comm for a few years but the meet ups are getting rare now. The only one Lolita in my town died also a few years ago. Meeting other Lolita friends for a more casual meet up is too much of a hassle sometimes. Train rides are expansive in my country.

I never thought about this nor do I really care.

The internet and I somehow live a Lolita lifestyle: drinking tea, read books, do embroidery and sewing, decorate the house, those things.

I dress up for more fancy days, like going to the cinema, theater, date, celebrating holidays and such. At least once in a month but usually more.

Germany

>> No.8193072

I live in a smaller community and haven't found any comm in my area. I would consider hosting or organizing a meet up if there were people interested.
At the moment I have a pretty simple wardrobe, looking to expand it once I have the money saved up.
Very rarely, mostly at home. I've worn in out a few times for photo shoots, but not really around town. My regular wardrobe has aspects of j-fashion worked in.
North Okanagan, BC

>> No.8193087

>>8187423
Yes, not any specific reason. I'm just happy with the current group of friends I have, and I need more than a shared interest in clothing to want to connect with people. I guess I also have the same issue as most people here finding it difficult to connect with others. I think if I moved to another country with a larger or more active community I'd be more interested.
I have a large wardrobe and I'm really happy with it. I'd actually like to eliminate items from my normalfag wardrobe so I have more room.
I wear it fairly often, even casually. I enjoy shopping and finding bargains. I enjoy the ritual of dressing up and wearing nice clothes. I wear the clothes for nice clothes sakes, like any other person really.
It can vary between 1 - 5 times per week. Depends how I feel.
Oceania

>> No.8193192

I am lone lolita because comm in my province have died long times ago. I have to drive to other province to meet other lolitas but I am not sure it will worth it.

I went though loneliness but it's alright for now. I heard there used to be comm near by my town but it seems most have graduated and moved out of town. I am considering moving out of town soon.

>> No.8193247

>>8193087
Are you me? I feel exactly the same way, when I was living overseas in a larger city I went to the big events and made a few friends there but now I'm back I'm definitely happy with the friends I already have/don't 'need' the fashion to meet new people.

>> No.8197530

>>8187423
>are you a lone lolita? why?
Kinda? I spent nearly two years lone, first because I was too new to be able to find my area's comm, then because I discovered that my local comm was a notorious drama comm and never hosted meets at good locations anyway, so I didn't want to join. Nowadays I'm in another comm, but it's a long way from me so I only go to the big meets, like ILD, as the travel and expense simply isn't worth it for smaller or more casual events. The girls in the comm are nice enough, but I don't connect with them that much outside of lolita and a lot of their bigger events are at weeby locations, so other than ILD I only turn up if they do a meet in a nice location, like a historic house.

>considering your status of lone lolita, do you prefer a smaller wardrobe, or do you want a large wardrobe?
I think I still feel the pressure for a larger wardrobe with dream dresses etc from the Internet. I have noticed since I joined a comm that I feel I have to have more fancy outfits, so I've prioritized stand-out pieces over casual wear more. But comm or no comm, I want a large wardrobe, I just think when you're a lone daily you want a large but more toned-down wardrobe whereas when you're in a comm you want a large wardrobe of OTT outfits so you don't have to wear the same one twice.

>> No.8197531

>>8197530
>how do you "enjoy" lolita? (or, how do you often indulge in your enjoyment of lolita, when you don't have local friends/acquaintances/a comm to share it with?)
I used to go on EGL and regularly check lolita tumblr blogs and YouTube vloggers, but now I mostly lurk /cgl/ and stalk shopping sites. I spend a lot of time working out different permutations of what I could buy with X amount of money for my next Taobao/whatever order, trying to work out what combination of items would be best with my wardrobe and second-guess what will sell out first. I also set myself wardrobe goals. It used to be things like getting a good base in a certain colour, or getting more blouses or boleros or whatever, but now I have a good ordinary wardrobe I usually set goals to get a specific dress (I don't have many dream dresses within my price range but I'll hunt on auctions and secondhand sales for, say, an oldschool red tartan dress or a very fancy black OP), or complete outfits with accessories in a certain theme (chocolate, school uniform, witch) or branch out into more niche styles (pirate, hime, non-blackxwhite oldschool). I suppose that's a habit that'll come in handy if I ever join a comm which does themed meets.

>how often do you wear lolita?
At the moment I don't get to wear lolita that often, except around the house, and two or three times a year for special meets. I don't go out much because I live in a pretty rural area so there's nothing to do (just to get to the nearest city costs me the equivalent of a Taobao skirt in train and bus fares, never mind the cost of food or shopping or cinema tickets while I'm there), and I can't wear it for work. But next year I'll become a mature student so I expect I'll wear it more often. I know there's a comm in the city of the university I applied to, and students don't have much of a dresscode so I should be able to wear it near-daily.

>location and/or zip code, if you feel like sharing.
Western Europe

>> No.8197548

I'm a lone lolita by choice. Had been to a couple of meets of my local comm and while they are all very nice and sweet, I don't feel connected to them at all. Besides lolita, there is nothing else, that connects us. I'm a more interested in serious topics like politics, classical arts/music, history and they are more into anime or cosplay or all kinds of fashion and most of them are SJWs or still students or high school girls who don't have a glipmse of how the real life works. Plus, I'm a conservative and family orientated person, and even though I can afford lots of brand atm (due to cheap living conditions and being good at saving at the right ends) I'm not a career orientated person and I would like to have children some day and only pursue to work part time and be a mother mainly. Everyone in my comm hates children and I fear they would talk bad behind my back about me being a horrible mother, because I'd still like to wear lolita and be nicely dressed, despite of having a child. I know children are expensive and I'm not going to be able to afford much brand anymone - if at all; but I'd still have a closet full of brand of the years prior to having a child. I just fear the horrible SJW reactions, idk. I rather wear lolita around my circle of trusted friends, it's much more fun too.

>> No.8197586

>>8188539
>Where ever there are lolitas or lolita communities, I will always have a friend, no matter where I travel too.
I quite like this too, I have friends who struggled to make friends when they moved away from home but I've made friends within comms almost wherever I've moved. Until right now, where I live in the absolute middle of nowhere and I'm lone until I can get a job somewhere more sensible.

>>8189143
I think it looks more costume-ish when there's just one person wearing it, because it stands out more.

>> No.8197888

When I started with lolita (not too long ago) I was very excited to meet my local comm, when I saw that they were having a Christmas meeting I was really excited to go. Unfortunately due to family issues I couldn't attend. At first I was quite disappointed, but then I saw the photos of the meet in their Facebook page. God, there wasn't a single girl that was dressed properly, not even close to being itas, that's how bad it was, the place where it was held was awful, full of dirt, and also some guys (who weren't wearing any kind of fashion related to lolita) attended, they looked kind of creepy. After that I haven't tried to reach to my comm anymore, maybe I will try to go to a national meeting someday.
That's why I am a lone lolita.

>> No.8198196

Couple reasons.

- I was diagnosed with anxiety, so it's a bit hard for me to get out there and meet people.
- From what I can see from online communities, I would not mesh well with the SJW crowd that lolita is becoming associated with.
- I'm just not interested in the majority of meets that are the norm, I'm not into tea or fancy picnics or stuff like that.
- A lot of the girls in my comm are under 21 and I prefer hanging out with people my age.
- The concept of forming friendships based on the fact that we both like to wear a particular niche fashion makes me apprehensive.

Small. I only wear lolita for special occasions, so I don't see the point in trying to have a closet full of it.

Mostly here on /cgl/. I "indulge" by talking about it here with you gulls, and anytime I wear it or make a purchase, or talk about it with my boyfriend (who is actually kind of interested in the fashion thankfully!), I get enjoyment,

Not super often. For special occasions, like going to see a play, or a dinner date or something. I treat lolita like I would an evening dress.

>>8188993
>lolita
>animation industry

I really want to be your friend

>> No.8202472

>>8187423

(sorry if green text ain't green, I'm not very good with computers :P )

I kind of prefer being alone and a bit private due to past issues with jealous friends (they scared me away lol!), but I do know a few people who are lolitas and others who aren't.
We all have some things in common. Some are gamers and others are into music, but we often don't have much time to hang out due to different work schedules.
I'm polite to most people though and am pretty open minded to anyone no matter what they're into.

I'd like larger, but I have a small-ish wardrobe with a few dresses that are my favourites. I'm a bit picky about my image and like for most things in outfits to match, though don't mind trying something new every once in a while.

> how do you "enjoy" lolita?

As often as possible.
I do my best to eat healthy to fit into dresses nicely and spend a lot of time sewing.
I'm also a cosplayer sometimes.

Almost every day, even if it's just to sit around the house on a weekend and play games.
My bf likes it, but my family don't agree with it and that kind of made me sad at first that they don't understand my interests.
tbh I just wear what I like for fun because it makes me feel good.

Ausfalia :P
I love my country, but sometimes I wish it weren't so full of bogans XD